7.9

1. Jan 22, 2014
    i was going to give it a 6 because its pretty much the same as wwe 12 but they removed the road to wrestlemania which is my favorite part of the game but ill give it a extra point for having cm punk well deserving on the cover.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    While WWE ’13 may not be a complete revolution it certainly is the start of one and I think THQ has defiantly stepped on to the right path on where to take WWE forwards in their next game, if THQ could take the crowds dynamics further and the commentary with a new Single Player experience then I feel not only would the game be a lot better but it would open up the game to a newer audience.
  3. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    A game worth while to play
  4. Jul 2, 2013
    Thoroughly fun to play, even if a seasoned player is going to find they don't lose very many matches. The creation suite is quite impressive indeed. The attitude era is a really cool tribute to the matches I watched growing up.

Unfortunately, the "Universe" mode handles storylines a little bit strangely; you won't want to go through this game skipping matches because you will miss
    everything. Instead, you have to revamp and tweak your universe into something you want to play and see where the game takes it.

Still, as a wrestling simulation there really isn't much competition. If you want a game that simulates all variety of matches and even tries to create some storylines for you on the fly, then this game is pretty damn good.
  5. May 28, 2013
    The best wrestling game ever produced. The Attitude Era mode was a great addition for fans of that era. Minus the little annoying bugs and the faults of the expanded and awesome WWE Universe mode, I'd say WWE '13 is a great hold-me-over until WWE 2K14.
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    The last game by THQ due to them going out of buissness,WWE 13 is a good game.The Attitude Era mode could have been better,but still is fun.WWE 13 is a good game to THQ's closing.
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    I've been a fan of wrestling since I was 18 months old, my eldest brother put a pair of shades on me and I did my best Macho Man impression. So naturally growing up with wrestling I also played all the video games. I played the No Mercy 2000 on the N64 and that game was at the time the best game I've ever played, and was still the best wrestling game I've ever played. That was untill this game came out. Wrestlers are as close to the real thing as you can get, great customization and attitude era was amazing. Everythng about this game was a success... Expand
  8. Apr 1, 2013
    Best wwe game ive played to date. The reversal system has been fixed and the AI provide a better challenge. Just like other games it has its flaws the one main thing is the commentary which is off sometimes in the matchs. Another is that there are too many glitches which will get annoying especially in the multiplayer because most players will use them to their benefit in which you cant lay a single hit on them. The main reason for this games success is the attitude era mode. Being a fan that was born in the late 90's this mode helped me get a better understanding of what it was like back then and it is great for the fans that watched it during this time it will help them relive memories of the greatest era of wwe. I strongly recommend this game to all fans new or longtime fans Expand
  9. Mar 20, 2013
    graphics great moves great i like wwe so this is a nice game but there arent every character in the game and some wrestlers need to buy for real money its should be updates not downlodable contents
  10. Feb 13, 2013
    It's not perfect, but I gave it a 10 because it's easily the best wrestling game EVER created. Attitude Error is genius. The game control are the best yet for a wrestling game. The creation portion of the game is incredible. The only thing this game is missing is a little more control on creating your own leagues, but there is enough there to have fun with that. If THQ builds upon WWE 13, I can't wait to see whats in store for WWE 14. Expand
  11. Feb 3, 2013
    By far the most entertaining wrestling game since No Mercy for N64. The Attitude Era mode is an excellent nostalgia trip, the create-a-character is beyond in-depth, and the ability to download other player's creations is wonderful. I have yet to delve into the Universe mode but that alone seems worth the price of admission. My biggest complaint would be the lack of any real online story mode. It would be fun to at least set up a PPV for my friends and I to play through via Xbox Live. The fighting in the game can add real drama with all of the counters but I can see where the challenge is either too frustrating for some, or too easy for others. With THQ gone, I wonder what the future will bring for the wrestling games? Expand
  12. Jan 27, 2013
    Trying to keep this positive (should it be this hard..?). I believe wrestling games such as FirePro Returns WWE No Mercy are the best in the history of the sub-genre. I've played all the "Smackdown" series that evolved up to WWE '13, and it's been a struggle, but WWE 13 isn't "as bad" as the series has been for the past several years. The good... The redeeming quality of this version of the similar games, to me anyway, is the several adjustments you can make to the gameplay.. Example: First match in, on "easy" I was getting pissed, and almost rage-quit, because every other move I would attempt would get reversed. Luckily, I discovered the setting in the confusing mess of a menu system, and learned you could scale-down reversals in several areas of the match, or even turn them off! This way, the game became way more playable. The reversal button is on the right trigger, which is not a fast-press button, and throws my timing off. Turning off reversals is a lame compromise, but at least I can get thru a match without feeling like I have no control. I love the inclusion of so many title belts, and the several slots you get to create new titles. Even though it has limited customization options to the belts themselves, you can make an IWGP or ROH World Title if you wish. They did make it a lot easier to pull off the big finishers and moves using the announcer's table and ladders, which is also a plus. I'm still waiting for them to get up to having at least 8 characters in a match, for a proper Survivor Series match. They do have a 6-man elimination tag, which is my favorite, but why do my characters randomly jump off the apron and walk around on the floor?

The Bad... CAW is soooo sloooow.... why do you have to wait for the items to render on the character as you are browsing? Why no wait until my selection is made, then apply it to my character? It's still a pain to experiment and there are still several of the same costume items we'll never use. The menus are confusing, and disorganized, and the moves list is confusing (even for a 20 years plus, wrestling fan). Go see how No Mercy organized their moves list. I find myself wanting a specific version of a DDT, and have to browse thru to find the code-name they use. Why not preface these such as "DDT: Impaler DDT" or "Piledriver: Adjustment Piledriver". Why force us to listen to the looping entrance music while browsing the menus or creating a character? You can turn the music volume down in the options, but then of course that also turns down the in-game entrance music. Want the Royal Rumble to not be as cool? Turn off the entrance music, then each competitor comes down in complete silence. Why not have another setting, or better yet, don't play entrance music in the menu and creation menus. Several move animations are almost silly, or look like they aren't done. Again, look at No Mercy. All moves move with a fluid, constant motion, and it looks like the characters are making contact with each other, and the animations look like they are based on real people moving. In WWE '13, you still get missing frames, or movements that look like an animator that's never watched wrestling made in an afternoon. The ugly. Good luck getting online to download a character or play a match. The servers are so bad. I was able to download characters after several tries (even the ones I buy from WWE) are a struggle because (even with a fast ISP) I'm forced to sit and watch the logo spin for several minutes, then either forced back to to the main menu with a message that the "servers are unavailable" or I'll get one or two steps in, THEN get stuck and kicked out. Very frustrating. I have yet to be able to play a match against someone online. All-in, I am enjoying this game for the first time in a long time (for the series), despite it not living up to my dream version of a modern-day FirePro/No Mercy hybrid. It's still not enough to stop me from playing FirePro Returns on the PS2.
  13. Jan 18, 2013
    I'm mid way through the Attitude Era and I've been pretty shocked by how well the game plays overall. I skipped WWE'12 and was shocked when I found how much better the computer has become overall. On occasions it may be buggy, but the computer actually reverses and I've struggled to win some matches. The OMG moments are nice, but 3 finishers for s superplex outside the ring compared to 1 to take someone through the barricade is kind of dumb. The limb targeting system is great and finally means you don't need to memorize how to target an arm or a leg. The camera is never at a terrible angle when I'm trying to do something important and Weight Detection moves are a great addition

The list of fan made content is incredible. Superstars from across the ages look incredible as though THQ had them in the game. Other are really bad though. Create an Arena could be better, and as someone who just was playing 2008 a few months back I can't forgive the terrible create a championship feature. Entrance Video creation is pretty bad, and Create a Move could use more positions and moves.

Create a Superstar is great. While not everything from way back when is still there, the return and advancement of the announcer title and setting up stats is perfect. Linking height and weight though is kinda stupid. There are a lot of tall skinny guys out there as well as short fat ones.

I've never been a huge fan of Universe mode, but I'm glad it is now separate from Exhibition mode. Overall it's another solid title with enough steps forward to make up for any steps back.
  14. Dec 27, 2012
    An enjoyable wrestling game; but it unfortunately fails to live up to potential. The developers could have done alot more with this. There's some talented wrestlers that were left off the vanilla roster (Tyson Kidd) while we got 3 versions of HHH and 2 versions of Lita. They neglected to bring some of the better arenas over from WWE 12 (Nitro, Starrcade). Some of the superstar models are lackluster, Bret Hart, Vader and Booker T look like CAWS. The core gameplay is enjoyable though and it's leagues above WWE 12. They could've knocked one out of the part with this game though, and instead delivered an enjoyable but flawed game. Expand
  15. Dec 22, 2012
    Firstly... this is the BEST wrestling game ever! Attitude era mode, creation modes and even more! This is why this game deserves a 10/10. WWE '13 is constantly getting high ratings due to the features but even though the gameplay hasn't changed much from last year, its only been a year just like what you'd expect with a FIFA or Madden game; same gameplay every year!
  16. Dec 21, 2012
    Best wrestling game ever!
    It has some f*cked up bugs but it works alright.
    The game play is the same has last year's but with some slight improvements, the music is great as always, the graphics are almost the same from last year but you can spot differences every where, this year the graphics are a little more "alive".
    The attitude era is pretty cool too, its much better then that Road
    To Wrestlemania Crap.
    The roster is the best ever in any wrestling game, Old or New you'll find you're wrestler, and even if you don't you can always download him/her from the community creation or create him/her.
    The universe mode to me at least, is addicting and this year you get great story-lines.
    Also the new "O.M.G MOMENTS" are just unbelievable! With these adds the game just got bigger and better.
    Also you can create an arena, like last year, but with lots of new things, also finally the create your belt mode is back!
    So yeah if you want a good wrestling game, this game is for you.
    THQ and YUKES finally done a amazing game.
  17. Dec 1, 2012
    Contrary to others beliefs, I believe the game play is the best there is and the best there was, and certainly not the best there ever will be. Modes are great, vast improvements to WWE Universe for extra customization, unbelievable Attitude Era mode, graphics are fantastic and the Creative Suite is a haven for WWE fans. Although features are as dull as Tensai's gimmick, the better features keep them shadowed so hopefully they can be improved for WWE '14. Expand
  18. Nov 25, 2012
    Ran out of things to do in a week. Attitude era mode was far too short but was really fun. Universe mode gets boring pretty soon. The online is laggy again this year. It's really depressing how boring these games get, i really hope this is the last WWE game by THQ and the rights are given to EA sports, at least it would have good online then. Not worth full price.
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    A game of giant hits and massive misses, WWE often sparkles but equally as often it gets the basics wrong.

Some character models and entrances are exemplary - such as Brodus Clay - but others like Booker T and even the title character of CM Punk do not make the grade. The gameplay is good, if static and unchanged from last year. Attitude Mode is desperately underwhelming - the
    storylines pretty much don't exist, the match-ups are often non-sensical and bugs plague the game throughout; wrestlers incorrectly announced as the world champion, the commentators talking about a non DQ match when it's a normal match... the little things ruin the whole experience.

Where the game comes to life is with the Attitude Mode, which is by far and away the best individual feature seen in a wrestling game ever. But with approximately 6 hours gameplay max in this mode (and a few scenarios suffering from being next to impossible due to bugs and gameplay quirks, such as regarding normal tables) it isn't enough to recommend it wholly as a worthwhile purchase.

WWE '13, despite the flaws noted, is still the best wrestling game of it's generation. If you're a WWE fan, you'll enjoy this, but if you're a gamer looking for a fighting game experience, there's not much here to draw you in and keep you hooked.
  20. Nov 7, 2012
    After playing WWE 13, it made me thought about how far apart this game is to Smackdown's Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain.. Glitchy animations and clunky movement from wrestlers plagued the gameplay for me.. Yeah, it's great there are 100 wrestlers in the game.. It's great that THQ showing some love to the Attitude Era.. But whats the point if you dont have great gameplay to support it.. Presentation is decent at best..Some player models like Booket T look awful.. Unacceptable!... Overall, WWE 13 is a huge disappointment for me.. It's time for THQ to go back to the Smackdown HCTP gameplay roots.. Faster arcade style gameplay.. Stop trying to make the game realistic to the crappy WWE wrestling of today. Oh wait, they might be out of business anyway.. Good riddance.. Let EA have the license... Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    Gameplay is pathetic. How long can thq lie to people and say they are basing gameplay on the actual flow of a wrestling match. You hit a guy with multiple moves and they get right back up. The moves you perform are conditioned on how hurt the other player is, not by you actually choosing to do a particular move. The wrestlers dont resemble their real life characters. HHH hasnt been this big since 2005. THQ spending way to much time making new modes when gameplay needs serious attention. Traded this game in after 4 days of owning. Dont wast your time on this game. Expand
  22. Nov 6, 2012
    What can I say? Great game? Not entirely. Best wrestling game to date? Definitely. I would recommend it to anyone who is already a fan, but then again they wouldn't need to be sold on it in the first place.

Bottom line: if you like WWE/WWF, get it; if not, don't
  23. Nov 5, 2012
    FINALLY! Yukes have created the perfect wrestling game......almost. Gameplay is still the same and also slightly out-dated though there are a few changes to speciality matches e.g. in a first blood match, instead of beating your opponent silly till he bleeds you press the pin button and a cutscene will appear. Attitude Era mode is fantastic complete with with nostalgic pleasures including New titles, arenas and superstars. Historical objectives can be grating at times particuarly the ones with a time limit. The creation suite is another big highlight, the new arena creator is the best though. Universe mode gets stronger every year. Apart from the few problems. WWE '13 remains the pinacle of sports entertainment games. Let's see how WWE '14 comes out eh? Expand
  24. Nov 5, 2012
    Ok So WWE 13 is not all it was made out to be, Graphics are very good, In story mode it's like you're actually watching the Events, However the game was really Expensive, I just got rid of my xbox live account because It was sucking my money dry, The advertisements for the game say you have a wide selection of superstars, however, you must earn them by going through the levels and challenges, You start as HBK and work your ways Up I spent all of yesterday playing this game, and completed the challenges, However The game is really Hard even on Easy setting, The stipulations are very Unrealistic especially when doing the 2 on 1 match between NAO and Mankind, 10 weapon hit's 2 double teams and 1 Double-team Finisher then Win by pin all in 5 minutes or Less is very unrealistic unless you have unlimited finishers which you don't, and then if you want to play as AJ, Ryback, you either need a code to unlock them or you need to buy a downloadable Content from the WWE Store Expand
  25. Nov 5, 2012
    A slightly better game than WWE '12, in terms of the plethora of stuff to do. All the custom creators are untouched, WWE Universe is untouched. Which is a good thing. WWE '13 will definitely be a hit with wrestling fans of the 90's Attitude Era; the whole story mode is now a 'play as you relive/learn history' mode set in said Era.
    Animations have improved slightly, there's more fluidity
    in the connecting/reversal moves; albeit still some glitches at the ropes and with foreign objects.
    Overall, WWE '13's value is solely on nostalgia which is something worthwhile for people like myself, who slugged for hours on WWF Attitude for the PS One.
  26. Nov 4, 2012
    I can't say enough awesome things about WWE 13, this is the first WWE game in my opinion since smackdown vs raw 2007 that can be considered a solid hit, the whole game is dead on... if ur a WWE fan its a most have, the attitude era mode is worth the 60$ tag alone but u also have all the creations - arena,belts,finishers and superstars not to mention universe mode actually has a story this year... does it have some bugs... yea, of course it does but what game doesn't, i will say this game is for wrestling fans who have followed WWE for years, with all the history and spectacle but if u didn't always follow wrestling but are interested attitude era is a great starting point Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2012
    Great wrestling game, not a massive step up in terms of game play from WWE '12 but the predator 3.0 is a improvement somewhat, including the reliance on reversals. The inclusion of the attitude era wrestlers and story lines is what the game should be bought for though, great to have a bash around with friends and the campaign is a lot of fun. The Special guest referee inclusion is also something I welcomed back. Expand
  28. Nov 1, 2012
    so let me just start by saying that if you are not a wrestling fan then you will more than likely not like this game no matter what you hear about it.
    The attitude era that fans know and love is what makes wwe 13 great. it's fun to relive those moments and discover some you may not have remembered. wwe 12 succeeds in strides from its predessesors in terms of storyline. Having the attitude
    era as the backbone of the game is a smart decision by the developers because quite simply the past wwe games have failed miserably in this department. Gameplay is unchanged from wwe 12. in case you havent played last years, the mechanics are a bit frustrating at first but after a couple of matches the controls click. for example: A button is used grapple, from the grapple position you can choose to switch to another position by flicking the right thumbstick. from there you can perform various moves by using the left thumbstick together with the A button. There is tons of unlockables that will keep the hardcore fans entertained for months. Not to mention having online play to keep the game spinning on your xbox till next year. Online play has some matchmaking issues that hopefully will be fixed soon via a patch.
    So wrestling fans if you have the cash buy this game without hesitating as you well not regret it. If you are not a wrestling fan i suggest waiting or just renting it as you will probably not have enough patience for the learning curve of the game.
  29. Oct 31, 2012
    Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!!Best Wrestling game Ever!!!!!!!!!! That is all .... Expand
  30. Oct 31, 2012
    Where's the 200 story lines written by Paul Heyman I was promised? What a ripoff. I don't know how they get away with stuff like this. The game isn't any better where it counts the most. Still lousy uncompetitive gameplay and a linear story mode. Universe is a nice addition, but they haven't built on it in 2 years.
  31. Oct 31, 2012
    Being a big wrestling fan, i'm always anticipating the next WWE game (even if i'm not as big of a fan of them). Every year the game comes out, I play it endlessly, like it for a few weeks and can't seem to get into it afterwards. This year, though time will tell, we may have a game that I could play for a while. I love the new Attitude Era mode, finally getting rid of their boring Road to Wrestlemania. WWE Universe is back and looks better than anything they've done with it, after virtually leaving it untouched in last years game. The gameplay itself is a bit slower than in years past, and maybe that's a good thing. I haven't tried out the online mode but i'm sure that's still the same mess as in years past, so I won't even include that in this review. The roster is certainly at its best since Smackdown: HCTP, so many wrestlers to choose from. I've only found about 2 flaws so far (i'm sure there are more) with gameplay and Attitude Era mode. The gameplay still has some bugs, some AI issues, but these are things that could be fixed with an eventual patch. As for Attitude Era mode, the objectives can be somewhat tedious and if you end up playing on Legend difficulty, they can be ridiculous to get and you'll find yourself restarting the match a couple of times. No more complaining, WWE 13 is great. Expand
  32. Oct 31, 2012
    WWE still haven't learned a lesson from the old WWF Attitude Era. Do we really want to relive Stone Cold vs. Mr. McMahon in WWE '13? First off, CM Punk is nothing more than a sellout. A no-good coward with his slimey agent Paul Heyman. And the cover for the new game is awful. WWE '13 is one of the most overrated games of 2012. Best in the world, he'd wished.
  33. Oct 31, 2012
    Finally, WWE series has come back, to the game shop shelves... It seems that there are big improvements on this game since WWE '12 especially in Universe Mode. Sure there are some glitches and a little clunky hit detection, but it is repaired with returning I Quit Match, Special Referee Match and totally improved Inferno Match. And of course, bringing back Attitude Era was a bulls eye!
  34. Oct 30, 2012
    Great Game if you like wrestling great bringing Attitude Era improvement over last years game THQ heading the right way Its great they brought the guest Referee match back one problem ist he lags glitches sometimes online
  35. Oct 30, 2012
    Great game. Long live the Attitude Era, awesome to relive some of the greatest matches in the history of wrestling. Significant improvements over last year in many areas. The Rock rules!
  36. Oct 30, 2012
    this is the most bolsawood game ever! it makes wwe 12 look like pencil shavings. i'm a hungry hungry homer and i ate wwe 13 for breakfast. this game is so fun it makes me want to peel oranges.
  37. Oct 30, 2012
    this game is amazing, only true wrestling fans will love it cause those that aren't will just be nit picking everything. anyone that gets this game, will have a great time. especially with the amazing gameplay. WWE'13 is WAY better than last years terrible WWE'12 game. WWE'13 is the game THQ should be making more of instead of the BS that was WWE'12. THQ is finally heading in the right direction.
  38. Oct 30, 2012
    Same game as last years. Attitude mode is long, drawn out and very tedious(Basically road to Wrestlemania mode but Attitude themed). Wasted roster space used up by multiples of the same characters, horrible glitches in the game which will cost you winning matches, WWE live sounds atrocious(crowd sounds like a gargled mess), Weight detection is almost non existant(unless your a cruiserweight trying to pick up a Super Heavyweight). Bad camera angles that will jump all over the place.Only 5 divas in the game, when fighting for the woman's title you'll quickly go through all female wrestlers. Branching storylines is almost non existent in Universe mode, been playing for days and I've only came across one that led to absolutely nothing(and yet THQ hyped it as this big new feature). THQ claims Paul Heyman wrote over 200+ storylines for WWE 13 Universe Mode, but haven't seen any new cut scenes whatsoever, only the ones from last year. Create a title mode is terrible it only allows you to change the colors of an already existing belt. Commentary is garbage as always. DLC is overpriced and includes characters that were literally just in the last game. How can THQ justify charging people money for characters that were in the last edition for free? King of the Ring Mode is useless. Graphics look bland. Does THQ literally think this little of there fanbase by repackaging stuff over and over for the past 10 years and calling it "new features"? Every year they take stuff out and put stuff in that was in the game 10 years ago and wanna call it a new feature. High points of the game is the ability to set the pace of your matches from quick, normal and epic. Being able to interfere in a match and attack both people is a welcome feature as well. Created superstar and create a story are more diverse. Statistics are hit and miss(doesn't track your win/loss record or how many times you've defended the belt, only if your breaking a record of how many times it's been held by that particular superstar). Tweak in gameplay are welcome. Also has a smarter A.I. for better computer matches. All in all this is the same game from last year but cost more. THQ should be ashamed for trying to pull the wool over their fans eyes. Expand
  39. Nov 15, 2012

1. Jan 24, 2013
    This is a must for fans from the Monday Night Wars period. [Feb 2013, p.81]
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Simplified contextual controls and overall polish make WWE '13 fast, dynamic and fluent. The number of graphical glitches during fights was considerably reduced and the fighting system is still deep enough to keep things interesting. [1/2013, p.68]
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    Despite its niggles, WWE Universe is a terrifically flexible mode that offers endless hours of enjoyment for the committed. For the more casual player, and the lapsed wrestling fans WWE 13 is aiming for, the main draw is the Attitude Era mode. It's flawed, sure, but many of its foibles can be forgiven when you're playing out moments that recall a time when professional wrestling was fresh, fierce and relevant.