8.0

1. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    A game worth while to play
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    A game of giant hits and massive misses, WWE often sparkles but equally as often it gets the basics wrong.

Some character models and entrances are exemplary - such as Brodus Clay - but others like Booker T and even the title character of CM Punk do not make the grade. The gameplay is good, if static and unchanged from last year. Attitude Mode is desperately underwhelming - the storylines pretty much don't exist, the match-ups are often non-sensical and bugs plague the game throughout; wrestlers incorrectly announced as the world champion, the commentators talking about a non DQ match when it's a normal match... the little things ruin the whole experience.

Where the game comes to life is with the Attitude Mode, which is by far and away the best individual feature seen in a wrestling game ever. But with approximately 6 hours gameplay max in this mode (and a few scenarios suffering from being next to impossible due to bugs and gameplay quirks, such as regarding normal tables) it isn't enough to recommend it wholly as a worthwhile purchase.

WWE '13, despite the flaws noted, is still the best wrestling game of it's generation. If you're a WWE fan, you'll enjoy this, but if you're a gamer looking for a fighting game experience, there's not much here to draw you in and keep you hooked.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    The last game by THQ due to them going out of buissness,WWE 13 is a good game.The Attitude Era mode could have been better,but still is fun.WWE 13 is a good game to THQ's closing.
  4. Jan 27, 2013
    Trying to keep this positive (should it be this hard..?). I believe wrestling games such as FirePro Returns WWE No Mercy are the best in the history of the sub-genre. I've played all the "Smackdown" series that evolved up to WWE '13, and it's been a struggle, but WWE 13 isn't "as bad" as the series has been for the past several years. The good... The redeeming quality of this version ofTrying to keep this positive (should it be this hard..?). I believe wrestling games such as FirePro Returns WWE No Mercy are the best in the history of the sub-genre. I've played all the "Smackdown" series that evolved up to WWE '13, and it's been a struggle, but WWE 13 isn't "as bad" as the series has been for the past several years. The good... The redeeming quality of this version of the similar games, to me anyway, is the several adjustments you can make to the gameplay.. Example: First match in, on "easy" I was getting pissed, and almost rage-quit, because every other move I would attempt would get reversed. Luckily, I discovered the setting in the confusing mess of a menu system, and learned you could scale-down reversals in several areas of the match, or even turn them off! This way, the game became way more playable. The reversal button is on the right trigger, which is not a fast-press button, and throws my timing off. Turning off reversals is a lame compromise, but at least I can get thru a match without feeling like I have no control. I love the inclusion of so many title belts, and the several slots you get to create new titles. Even though it has limited customization options to the belts themselves, you can make an IWGP or ROH World Title if you wish. They did make it a lot easier to pull off the big finishers and moves using the announcer's table and ladders, which is also a plus. I'm still waiting for them to get up to having at least 8 characters in a match, for a proper Survivor Series match. They do have a 6-man elimination tag, which is my favorite, but why do my characters randomly jump off the apron and walk around on the floor?

The Bad... CAW is soooo sloooow.... why do you have to wait for the items to render on the character as you are browsing? Why no wait until my selection is made, then apply it to my character? It's still a pain to experiment and there are still several of the same costume items we'll never use. The menus are confusing, and disorganized, and the moves list is confusing (even for a 20 years plus, wrestling fan). Go see how No Mercy organized their moves list. I find myself wanting a specific version of a DDT, and have to browse thru to find the code-name they use. Why not preface these such as "DDT: Impaler DDT" or "Piledriver: Adjustment Piledriver". Why force us to listen to the looping entrance music while browsing the menus or creating a character? You can turn the music volume down in the options, but then of course that also turns down the in-game entrance music. Want the Royal Rumble to not be as cool? Turn off the entrance music, then each competitor comes down in complete silence. Why not have another setting, or better yet, don't play entrance music in the menu and creation menus. Several move animations are almost silly, or look like they aren't done. Again, look at No Mercy. All moves move with a fluid, constant motion, and it looks like the characters are making contact with each other, and the animations look like they are based on real people moving. In WWE '13, you still get missing frames, or movements that look like an animator that's never watched wrestling made in an afternoon. The ugly. Good luck getting online to download a character or play a match. The servers are so bad. I was able to download characters after several tries (even the ones I buy from WWE) are a struggle because (even with a fast ISP) I'm forced to sit and watch the logo spin for several minutes, then either forced back to to the main menu with a message that the "servers are unavailable" or I'll get one or two steps in, THEN get stuck and kicked out. Very frustrating. I have yet to be able to play a match against someone online. All-in, I am enjoying this game for the first time in a long time (for the series), despite it not living up to my dream version of a modern-day FirePro/No Mercy hybrid. It's still not enough to stop me from playing FirePro Returns on the PS2.
  5. Jan 22, 2014
    i was going to give it a 6 because its pretty much the same as wwe 12 but they removed the road to wrestlemania which is my favorite part of the game but ill give it a extra point for having cm punk well deserving on the cover.
  6. Nov 25, 2012
    Ran out of things to do in a week. Attitude era mode was far too short but was really fun. Universe mode gets boring pretty soon. The online is laggy again this year. It's really depressing how boring these games get, i really hope this is the last WWE game by THQ and the rights are given to EA sports, at least it would have good online then. Not worth full price.
  7. Oct 30, 2012
    Same game as last years. Attitude mode is long, drawn out and very tedious(Basically road to Wrestlemania mode but Attitude themed). Wasted roster space used up by multiples of the same characters, horrible glitches in the game which will cost you winning matches, WWE live sounds atrocious(crowd sounds like a gargled mess), Weight detection is almost non existant(unless your aSame game as last years. Attitude mode is long, drawn out and very tedious(Basically road to Wrestlemania mode but Attitude themed). Wasted roster space used up by multiples of the same characters, horrible glitches in the game which will cost you winning matches, WWE live sounds atrocious(crowd sounds like a gargled mess), Weight detection is almost non existant(unless your a cruiserweight trying to pick up a Super Heavyweight). Bad camera angles that will jump all over the place.Only 5 divas in the game, when fighting for the woman's title you'll quickly go through all female wrestlers. Branching storylines is almost non existent in Universe mode, been playing for days and I've only came across one that led to absolutely nothing(and yet THQ hyped it as this big new feature). THQ claims Paul Heyman wrote over 200+ storylines for WWE 13 Universe Mode, but haven't seen any new cut scenes whatsoever, only the ones from last year. Create a title mode is terrible it only allows you to change the colors of an already existing belt. Commentary is garbage as always. DLC is overpriced and includes characters that were literally just in the last game. How can THQ justify charging people money for characters that were in the last edition for free? King of the Ring Mode is useless. Graphics look bland. Does THQ literally think this little of there fanbase by repackaging stuff over and over for the past 10 years and calling it "new features"? Every year they take stuff out and put stuff in that was in the game 10 years ago and wanna call it a new feature. High points of the game is the ability to set the pace of your matches from quick, normal and epic. Being able to interfere in a match and attack both people is a welcome feature as well. Created superstar and create a story are more diverse. Statistics are hit and miss(doesn't track your win/loss record or how many times you've defended the belt, only if your breaking a record of how many times it's been held by that particular superstar). Tweak in gameplay are welcome. Also has a smarter A.I. for better computer matches. All in all this is the same game from last year but cost more. THQ should be ashamed for trying to pull the wool over their fans eyes. Expand
  8. Oct 31, 2012
    Where's the 200 story lines written by Paul Heyman I was promised? What a ripoff. I don't know how they get away with stuff like this. The game isn't any better where it counts the most. Still lousy uncompetitive gameplay and a linear story mode. Universe is a nice addition, but they haven't built on it in 2 years.
  9. Nov 5, 2012
    Ok So WWE 13 is not all it was made out to be, Graphics are very good, In story mode it's like you're actually watching the Events, However the game was really Expensive, I just got rid of my xbox live account because It was sucking my money dry, The advertisements for the game say you have a wide selection of superstars, however, you must earn them by going through the levels andOk So WWE 13 is not all it was made out to be, Graphics are very good, In story mode it's like you're actually watching the Events, However the game was really Expensive, I just got rid of my xbox live account because It was sucking my money dry, The advertisements for the game say you have a wide selection of superstars, however, you must earn them by going through the levels and challenges, You start as HBK and work your ways Up I spent all of yesterday playing this game, and completed the challenges, However The game is really Hard even on Easy setting, The stipulations are very Unrealistic especially when doing the 2 on 1 match between NAO and Mankind, 10 weapon hit's 2 double teams and 1 Double-team Finisher then Win by pin all in 5 minutes or Less is very unrealistic unless you have unlimited finishers which you don't, and then if you want to play as AJ, Ryback, you either need a code to unlock them or you need to buy a downloadable Content from the WWE Store Expand

1. Jan 24, 2013
    This is a must for fans from the Monday Night Wars period. [Feb 2013, p.81]
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Simplified contextual controls and overall polish make WWE '13 fast, dynamic and fluent. The number of graphical glitches during fights was considerably reduced and the fighting system is still deep enough to keep things interesting. [1/2013, p.68]
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    Despite its niggles, WWE Universe is a terrifically flexible mode that offers endless hours of enjoyment for the committed. For the more casual player, and the lapsed wrestling fans WWE 13 is aiming for, the main draw is the Attitude Era mode. It's flawed, sure, but many of its foibles can be forgiven when you're playing out moments that recall a time when professional wrestling was fresh, fierce and relevant.