7.7

1. Oct 30, 2013
    I have spent about over 5 hours with this game and I must that I am thoroughly impressed! You will read about all of the new features elsewhere, so there's no need to elaborate about them here, so let me tell you the biggest selling point of this game IMPROVED AI! I've been playing on Legend Difficulty and it feels like Legend Difficulty. I've only won 25% of my matches. Trust me when I say this is a good thing. In past iterations of this game, I would stop playing after a few months because there was no challenge. WWE2K14 requires you to play to your wrestler's strengths. That fact alone makes this game a must buy for anyone on the fence who may have thought that your older WWE game was good enough. If you want a WWE game to give you the same challenge as any other quality sport game Get WWE 2K14. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    I'm not naive, i know most of you will see the low score and dismiss it, due to the other high scores. You would be wrong. Save yourself £40 and read this first (I know its long, but if you can't cope with that much writing, this game is probably right up your street).

Typically this game has a high score in terms of reviews. Why? possibly because the only people who play it love WWE or
    don't want to criticise a game they just spent £40 on. I dod not just spend £40 on it, and i do not love wrestling. I played Smackdown v Raw, the original. It was ok.
    WWE 2k14 then, is it worth £40? No. What about £30? Nope. Surely £20? Still, wouldn't even take a second glance. £10 bargain..no?
    No. I wouldnt pay even a fiver for this bag of utter garbage. I have never played such a clunky game. And that includes Resident Evil 5.
    So where to begin? First off, lets start with basic gameplay. This game may as well be point and click. Move close to opponent, press 'a' for grapple move, 'x' to punch, or 'b' to irish whip. Repeat. 'Y' for a finisher, 'b to pin. end. Unless of course you are playing against the AI on any difficulty other than easy. In which case they will reverse and you will be forced to repeat the same scenario again...and again...and again, until finally you win or lose. Half the time it feels like a lottery, what happens is totally up to the mood of the computer. so, the AI is second rate at best, what about when you fancy a bit of a bashing of your mates? Nothing, thats what. Controls feel even more clunky than on single player; attacking the target you aimed for is nigh on impossible, especially when there are more than 3 of you in the ring. there is no accurate system for aiming, no way of stopping yourself once you inevitably attack the wrong player, and, unless you know your wrestlers by their appearance over the years no way of determining quite who you are playing as. So not the most friendly of games to anyone new to the series.
    As much as anyone can argue "it will keep a WWE fan entertained", that certainly does not mean it is a good game. By that logic 'Shinty 2010' (i just made that up) will keep anyone who loves shinty happy. Just because a game caters for a small amount of obscure sports fans does not make it good.
    The frankly awful graphics and laziness of the developers also deserve a mention. 2K games have made a fantastic job of pressing copy and paste on their computers. No different to last years final THQ instalment. Graphically, 2K have been presented with the task of creating around 50 wrestlers, and significantly fewer rings. Seriously, thats not much to ask. FIFA do thousands of players and around 50 stadiums every year and make it look pretty.
    Graphical and gameplay ineptitude aside, the game is brilliant in every sense, which in a game this basic is... none.
    To conclude then, if this is your first foray into the world of wrestling, simply dont. Its not for you. the game difficulty is ridiculous, unless you play on easy, in which case its practically impossible to lose. This is the clunkiest game released since... well, WWE 2013. Until someone comes up with a revolution in the wrestling genre, none of the current crop of them are worth throwing your hard earned cash at. Poor graphics, clunky gameplay, a dumb learning curve and the most basic controls in a game make this one to leave on the shelf. In its thousands.
    Yes, there are many positive reviews... but they all come from people who have played many previous games in the series, or wrestling fans, or people who have spent a whole lot of money on the game, and don't want to admit they have wasted their money.

My advice, and i've been playing video games for the past 19 years, is to steer well clear. If you really want to get into the wrestling franchise, or simply want a taste of what the WWE games have to offer, save yourself £38 and buy WWE 2007 for £2.00 from your local second hand games shop. Even then i can't guarantee its good value.
    1/10 Painfully Poor.
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    What is terrible is it has been two years still with no WWE wrestling on the Wii U. WWE 2k14 gets a horrible rating from me because it is a port of WWE 13. Than rather improve the create your superstar feature. They waste data on relive the moments. I care less about the past.
  4. Dec 2, 2013
    Really, after the disappointing WWE 13, 2K picked this one up. The commentary still sucks and the A.I. is still shoddy, but it's an awesome experience. Just wish they'd got some other matches for 30 years, but still great.
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    I think that this game is fantastic and has pretty good game play. The graphics are like last year's game but, made it more different to play. They have changed the reversal system a lot and it won't take forever to attack. The AI has improved very well. The AI stands out mostly in the Defeat the Streak and Defend the Streak. It is more difficult and gives players more of a challenge to play. The story mode is still short but, the Streak mode is making it longer. This game is amazing and now I can't wait until next year's game. I think that they should spend a few years on the game instead of one because the game would be the best. This game was really good and I enjoyed it a lot. Even when you beat the story mode like me, there are other modes to play. Expand
  6. Oct 30, 2013
    It gets an 8 from me. It's a good game, the gameplay is solid, fluid, it's definitely more challenging than recent games, and the reversing mechanics are harder (which is good). The roster is great, a good mix of new and old. I haven't finished the 30 years of Wrestlemania, but I love what i've seen so far, and I know it'll only get better as I go on. My biggest gripe so far is with the online play, and this seems to be the case every year. I know, it's only been a couple of days, and I will give them a chance to fix the mess, but a lot of these issues have been going on for years. I've played matches with family where the match "splits", meaning that I see something different on my screen then they do. This causes some W-L records in ranked to be way off, and it just isn't a good experience. Secondly, the game hasn't been out for too long, and yet there are players (I assume low life glitchers or cheats) already ranked at the top with crazy W-L records. There's got to be a way to get those players out of there. Lastly, and this happened to my cousin, this may be a complaint more with Gamestop than with the developers, but something to note. If you buy the season pass, make sure you're charged for $22. If they charge you $20, you can't get the season pass, as it comes out to $20 TAX. Why some Gamestops are doing this? No idea. Expand
  7. Dec 15, 2013
    Multiple match types are broken to the point of unplayability. The AI can take control of your character if it feels like it. The game crashes on a regular basis. Random Universe cutscenes consistently mix up characters. Limited slots for custom content despite remaining hard drive space. The positive aspects of this game are completely overshadowed by bizarre design decisions and near-incompetent feature implementation. Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2013
    2K Sports try to make this game "realistic." I wish they'd take note that professional isn't "real" in the shape that they don't try to break eachother's necks in the ring.

Because of the added "realism" we are left with a not so fun game with a poor man's career known as "wwe universe" and a side game called "30 years of Wrestlemania."

I want at least 8 people in the ring at the
    same time and ridiculous matches such as a 2v2v2 in a hell in a cell. Why not? It might never happen on the TV show but it'd be great fun to play on the game. Why can't we do a 2v2v2 TLC match? They've happened plenty of times. And why is online still such a lag fast? And why is the gameplay so blotchy? And why have I spent 5 minutes of my time watching Shawn Michaels gutwrench suplex me over and over again whilst there is nothing I can do.

That said, the 30 years of Wrestlemania is alright but they leave out top quality matches because Kurt Angle was in them. Fair enough about Benoit, but Angle? off. We're also subjected to having to play as John Cena about 17 times throughout the mode. Thanks, he's renowned for his top quality matches.

Pricks.
  9. Oct 31, 2013
    Love reliving the wrestlemanias a lotta wrestlers past and present. online against friends is fun. my negatives are the controls and the constant reversals by the A.I. and reversals for yourself are inconsistant and timing is always different for me this ruined the experience its to bad because i was looking forward to this. It doesnt seem to matter which company ismaking a wrestling game they havent been able to get it right since the playstation days Expand
  10. Jan 16, 2014
    I love the game however there is a lot of improvements that need to be done I am currently addicted to universe mode which is really fun but still needs a lot of improvements
  11. Nov 3, 2013
    Honestly one of the best wrestling games I've played in a while. They had a lot to do to top last years but from what I've played so far they've without doubt came up to par with it if not exceeded it. The edition of 30 years of Wrestlemania is awesome, so many memories and all of the best matches you would of wished for. But apart from that the sheer amount you can do on this game is INSANE, it never feels old because of the constant ability to customise what ever you want whenever you want. Yes there are still underlying issues with it at times but they've done a good job of ironing out those things and making the game feel enjoyable. For any wrestling fan this is a must have. If you're a fan of the old fighting games, this is also a game for you. A very very good edition to any gamers collection. This will keep me busy for a long time. Expand
  12. Jan 30, 2014
    The 30 Years of Wrestlemania Campaign is the main selling point of this game. it has lots of classic matches from the 80s and 90s. Some people might be disappointed in the lack of "certain matches" but overall it should be a good enough history lesson. other than that, the bigger changes include making wwe universe have even more customization. the number of CAW slots expands from 50 to 100 so there's that as well. graphics are practically the same as WWE 13 so don't expect much. Commentary is still the weakest part of the game with Cole and Lawler repeating lines numerous times during matches. the streak mode is pretty cool if you're a big of undertaker. also, the disc and dlc may not have your favorite wrestler such as the Usos or the Wyatt Family but it has a pretty robust roster from 1985-2013. the ability to make your own entrance video has been removed sadly though. the music jukebox is pretty neat to customize your own wwe playlist. if you're a hardcore fan, buy it now. if you're a casual fan, wait for a price drop. Expand
  13. LTR
    Nov 1, 2013
    This is a really good wrestling game. Even though this feels like all the other wrestling games, the roster is great, the 30 years of WrestleMania is good and the gameplay is still fun.
  14. Feb 4, 2014
    This year’s WWE game is the first published by 2K Games and the latest in a long running series of fun, fighting games developed by Yukes games. 2K14 sees the greatest roster ever assembled in a WWE game including superstars both past and present from Daniel Bryan and The Shield to the Macho Man Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior. Over the years these games have suffered from gameplay that has felt stiff and clunky however this year’s gameplay is the smoothest since Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 the increase in strike speed is a welcome change as it adds more pacing to the game, the grapples feel realistic and connect how you want, when you want them to at a solid FPS. All the improvements added to the game bring back the fun I once had with the WWE franchise. Another game mode that has been added this year is 30 years of WrestleMania where the player gets a chance to relive the best matches of the past WrestleMania pay-per-views such as Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant and The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. In this mode you can complete historical objectives in order to unlock extra costumes, arenas, wrestlers and title belts it also can educate those new to the WWE of past events or have people reminisce remembering their favorite matches of years past. All in all WWE 2K14 is a solid game that is a good start for 2K Games. Expand
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is a massive improvement over wwe 13, pace wise, move wise, everything wise. My created wrestler just tag teamed with superman and won the butthole belt. Best game ever 10/10
  16. Nov 8, 2013
    While there aren't much revolutionary changes towards the franchise, I like how they've somehow added minor fan-favourites such as Superstar Heads. The addition of '30 Years of WrestleMania' has really helped to give the 'new' generation of wrestling fans a much broader understanding towards how the WWE worked back then. Reliving those matches is a blast. There have been a few technical AI changes towards the game, though they're more like a step to the side rather than a huge leap forward. I am not giving this game a '10' due to it's 'revolutionary' changes that helped to drive the franchise forward. I am giving this game a '10' due to my own personal opinion(s). Expand
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    WWE 2k14 is a HUGE improvement over WWE13. The pinning system is fixed so the computer wont kick out at one all the time or give up after a 2 count. The matches are faster to finish and the finishers used do actual damage and are dangerous if used on you. A must buy for a wrestling fan.
  18. Oct 29, 2013
    I'm giving it a 10 because of people's complaints of it being just like last years installment. Really? Really? It's a wrestling game folks, what kind of change do you want. That's like saying the new Tiger Woods is just like the last one. Well,duh! Except for different characters and modes what could be different?Do you want sword fights with a demonic boss in the ring?This game has '30 Years of Wrestlemania' mode. Enough said. Expand
  19. Nov 19, 2013
    Graphic: A graphical improvement from WWE13 some wrestlers look more realistic while others look like clay figures. Still an advancement in the engine, and everything else looks believable. 9.

Sound: Similar to WWE13's attitude era, the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode has voices clips used from the show. They sync in just fine and it makes the game feel more like a WWE game. The
    soundtrack is once again entrance music, and some of the music cuts, but finally this game allows for custom soundtracks on the PS3. 8.5.

Gameplay: The gameplay mechanics from WWE13 return and are definitely improved. The pinning is improved and simpler. The in game WWE history events are much more interesting, and the wrestling moves are as realistic as the show. The reversing still annoys me because sometimes the timing says I'm off but I know I hit it on time, online it doesn't help when there's lag. The game still needs dedicated servers, but other than that this truly is a superb wrestling game. 9.

Story: 30 years of Wrestlemania, and new modes such as defeat/defend the streak. This game is an improvement from last years Attitude Era. Although more Wrestling footage would have been appreciated especially at the last few matches. Every match in my opinion should show a hype up trailer of real footage, such as the rivalry between the wrestlers. 8.

Replay Value: While the Wrestlmania mode is short, the game has a lot of replay value for a local party game. Also, multiplayer never gets old, I would recommend this game to any wrestling fan. Definitely one of the best rosters in any wrestling game to date. 10.

Overall Score: 8.9 out of 10.
  20. Nov 16, 2013
    Worst one ever. The in ring gameplay is crap compared to last year. Go ahead and try 30 years of wrestlemania and let me know how you do on the third match... The CPU flat out cheats at every corner and it's way too obvious. They improved upon the menus, but who cares, they screwed up the game itself. Don't believe the fan boys, this is the worst one they've ever done.
  21. Nov 23, 2013
    WWE 2K14 is overpriced. its way more than what a fighting game should be. no improvement in graphics just a few new added features like every year. borrow it from one of your wwe friends if you want to play this save money for some better upcoming titles. after here comes the pain all wwe games started going down the pit and it seems to be going further below. still majority of my friends play the 6 player PS2 smackdown pain which is much faster and has many match types and has better single player story lines compared to current wwe games even without audio :D Expand
  22. Nov 28, 2013
    All WWE game apologists, please leave the room, because, this game, is a step back in the franchise, I've been playing the games since the original Smackdown vs. Raw, which means I've been playing these games for almost a decade, and This game could have gotten a 9/10 or even a solid 10, if 2K didn't remove features, they also LIED about removing the online pass. The game is still good, but the fact I can't have a custom entrance video is f*cking bullsh*t, and gauntlet matches, are broken, once you reach the 2nd opponent, the game loses it's hit detection.

30 Years of Wrestlemania Mode, is a loose mess, Attitude Era mode in WWE'13 worked because you got more backstory, than just a vague cutscene, some photos and that's it.

At least the roster is massive, and DLC increases the roster to bigger than it's ever been, in any fighting game EVER.

My last point is, if your using custom content for Create-A-Story, it breaks, and freezes.

The final verdict is, you should wait until the game gets patched before you buy it.
  23. Nov 29, 2013
    I love WWE. But this game is outdated and even though the Create a Wrestler thing is badass, and you can make a hundred of them. You can do virtually everything that you can with real WWE superstars. But the faces and graphics are Not to tell you there is no tutorials and the Wrestlemania stuff is easy but the challenges are so painful. Not to mention how the bugs in this game are weird. HEY! SOMEONE HELP ME! IM FLOATING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING. Nuff' said Expand
  24. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a very fun and great wrestling game with a lot of gameplay mechanics and modes that will keep you busy and entertained. WWE 13 added a lot of new mechanics but also added a lot of stupid glitches, 2K14 expanded on those mechanics as well as fixing most of the glitches!WWE 2K14 is definitely the best wrestling game since SVR 06.
  25. Jul 26, 2014
    I know you guys may disagree with me. But I feel that WWE14 is really WWE13.5. Everything feels the same, even in graphics. All they did was add new characters, and made it revole around the legends. The WWE universe is the same, the robotics are the same, same everything. I love the gameplay, but I'm not liking what 2k games did this year. They better not do the same thing with WWE15.
  26. May 7, 2014
    i love how this game has so many customization in it. the game play is fun and the best part is making your own hilarious story. it is also a lot of fun to create a superstar and make him tiny with super long arms. the amount of game modes in it is also fun. the only bad part that i found in this game was probably when you cant put superstars in diva spots when you are creating a story. other than that , this game is the best sports game out there. Expand

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Wrestlemania makes the day. [Dec 2013]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    For now WWE 2K14 will serve as an admirable filler, its wide array of modes and customisation there so players can concoct their own stories once Wrestlemania’s has been told.
    30 Years of Wrestlemania is brilliant but that aside, this is exactly the same WWE sequel you would have expected from the house of THQ. [Issue#105, p.86]