WWE 2K14 Xbox 360

7.7

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Love reliving the wrestlemanias a lotta wrestlers past and present. online against friends is fun. my negatives are the controls and the constant reversals by the A.I. and reversals for yourself are inconsistant and timing is always different for me this ruined the experience its to bad because i was looking forward to this. It doesnt seem to matter which company ismaking a wrestlingLove reliving the wrestlemanias a lotta wrestlers past and present. online against friends is fun. my negatives are the controls and the constant reversals by the A.I. and reversals for yourself are inconsistant and timing is always different for me this ruined the experience its to bad because i was looking forward to this. It doesnt seem to matter which company ismaking a wrestling game they havent been able to get it right since the playstation days Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    2K Sports try to make this game "realistic." I wish they'd take note that professional isn't "real" in the shape that they don't try to break eachother's necks in the ring.

Because of the added "realism" we are left with a not so fun game with a poor man's career known as "wwe universe" and a side game called "30 years of Wrestlemania." I want at least 8 people in the ring at the

I want at least 8 people in the ring at the same time and ridiculous matches such as a 2v2v2 in a hell in a cell. Why not? It might never happen on the TV show but it'd be great fun to play on the game. Why can't we do a 2v2v2 TLC match? They've happened plenty of times. And why is online still such a lag fast? And why is the gameplay so blotchy? And why have I spent 5 minutes of my time watching Shawn Michaels gutwrench suplex me over and over again whilst there is nothing I can do.

That said, the 30 years of Wrestlemania is alright but they leave out top quality matches because Kurt Angle was in them. Fair enough about Benoit, but Angle? off. We're also subjected to having to play as John Cena about 17 times throughout the mode. Thanks, he's renowned for his top quality matches.

Pricks.
  3. Jul 5, 2015
    WWE 2k14
    just another sports game
    this is the first wwe game 2k has put their name on and I’m disappointed that they tried absolutely nothing new Everything you got in wwe 13 is here the creative modes are still the exact same since WWE Smack down shut your mouth good thing hair styles and clothing styles haven’t changed since 2002 everything is so outdated that created superstars
    WWE 2k14
    just another sports game
    Everything you got in wwe 13 is here
    good thing hair styles and clothing styles haven’t changed since 2002
    everything is so outdated that created superstars stick out like a sore thumb
    everything is pixilated,
    this game was released at the end of 2013, why are we still dealing with this crap
    I feel like wwe games look as good as they are ever going to look, and that’s really sad as they don’t look that great at all…
    I remember playing the smackdown games every year on Christmas and being so impressed with the advancements, since the smackdown series, the games developers kindve just hit the snooze button
    WWE 2k14s star of the show is 30 years of WrestleMania, this mode is just like wwe 13s story mode, but rather than focusing on story, you get random highlights of every WrestleMania from WrestleMania 1 through 29
    I loved reliving history, but towards the end, particularly in the universe section of the game, the matches were pretty boring and I’m not sure why they deserved the highlight they were given.
    while I can appreciate this mode being here, I’d like to see wwe games go back to actually creating a unique story arch
    otherwise you risk loss of care and momentum like I experienced due to the 0% interest I had after WrestleMania 23
    nothing was accomplished here other than a history lesson…
    but this wasn’t the entire time… the first half felt very connected like torches were being passed.. And then it all just fell apart as I fell asleep.
    WWE universe or gm mode is back where you can set up your own calendar and create your own stories, wwe online is back but servers are scheduled to go down this year, and hardly work in the laggy condition they’re in now, so yeah.. Don’t even expect to get anything out of that mode.
    There is a streak mode where you attempt to rack up as many points as you can while you attempt to end the undertakers undefeated streak before wwe destroy WrestleMania’s selling point by letting brock lesner do it, and then the opposite where you play as the undertaker and attempt to defeat as many random opponents as you can
    The roster is a little bit better as there aren’t as many repeats, but still only a little better, nothing close to the smackdown rosters in the ps2 era, but with a history of 30 years rather than the 15 we got in the last game, there is much more variety.
    and basic boring match types are back.
    basically WWE 2k14 is the same game it’s been since 2008 but with reversals that feel half of a second off which for me at least really ruins the overall game play experience.
    Out of all multiplayer games, I’m best at WWE games, and still found the gameplay frustrating as the games timing seemed off for reversal window…
    when I got reversals I felt lucky rather than feeling in flow like I have in the past.
    take that how you will.
    The only redeeming quality of this game is WrestleMania mode, but still only about 80% of it is any good.

I was a huge fan of these games and had so much fun with them for years, but until 2k changes the formula, I’m hanging up my boots.
  4. Nov 28, 2013
    All WWE game apologists, please leave the room, because, this game, is a step back in the franchise, I've been playing the games since the original Smackdown vs. Raw, which means I've been playing these games for almost a decade, and This game could have gotten a 9/10 or even a solid 10, if 2K didn't remove features, they also LIED about removing the online pass. The game is still good,All WWE game apologists, please leave the room, because, this game, is a step back in the franchise, I've been playing the games since the original Smackdown vs. Raw, which means I've been playing these games for almost a decade, and This game could have gotten a 9/10 or even a solid 10, if 2K didn't remove features, they also LIED about removing the online pass. The game is still good, but the fact I can't have a custom entrance video is f*cking bullsh*t, and gauntlet matches, are broken, once you reach the 2nd opponent, the game loses it's hit detection.

30 Years of Wrestlemania Mode, is a loose mess, Attitude Era mode in WWE'13 worked because you got more backstory, than just a vague cutscene, some photos and that's it.

At least the roster is massive, and DLC increases the roster to bigger than it's ever been, in any fighting game EVER.

My last point is, if your using custom content for Create-A-Story, it breaks, and freezes.

The final verdict is, you should wait until the game gets patched before you buy it.
  5. Nov 29, 2013
    I love WWE. But this game is outdated and even though the Create a Wrestler thing is badass, and you can make a hundred of them. You can do virtually everything that you can with real WWE superstars. But the faces and graphics are Not to tell you there is no tutorials and the Wrestlemania stuff is easy but the challenges are so painful. Not to mention how the bugs in this game are weird.I love WWE. But this game is outdated and even though the Create a Wrestler thing is badass, and you can make a hundred of them. You can do virtually everything that you can with real WWE superstars. But the faces and graphics are Not to tell you there is no tutorials and the Wrestlemania stuff is easy but the challenges are so painful. Not to mention how the bugs in this game are weird. HEY! SOMEONE HELP ME! IM FLOATING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING. Nuff' said Expand
  6. Jul 26, 2014
    I know you guys may disagree with me. But I feel that WWE14 is really WWE13.5. Everything feels the same, even in graphics. All they did was add new characters, and made it revole around the legends. The WWE universe is the same, the robotics are the same, same everything. I love the gameplay, but I'm not liking what 2k games did this year. They better not do the same thing with WWE15.
  7. Sep 10, 2014
    I don't go too in depth with games that differ very little from their previous incarnation. This review will be no different. WWE2K14 is essentially the same game as last year, with a few boring game mode additions. Wrestlemania mode is basically the same as the attitude era mode of WWE '13, with different wrestlers to play as. The new "The Streak" survival mode gives me a reason to playI don't go too in depth with games that differ very little from their previous incarnation. This review will be no different. WWE2K14 is essentially the same game as last year, with a few boring game mode additions. Wrestlemania mode is basically the same as the attitude era mode of WWE '13, with different wrestlers to play as. The new "The Streak" survival mode gives me a reason to play this game; it's really fun trying to survive a fight with the whole roster. Graphics and gameplay are the same as the last game. CAW is the same from last year, with no new items. Overall, WWE2K14 is fun to play if you never touched the previous version. If you played WWE '13, there's no reason to pick this one up. 6/10 Expand
  8. Nov 29, 2014
    Well here we go

Graphics: Graphics are good but not perfect. It feels like this is the area they spent the longest on. Match Types: This game does have all the basic match types and more but sadly multiplayer suffers most due to the fact that there is lots of match types missing for local multiplayer such as triple threat Tag Team matches and 3 man tornado tag matches. This really is
    Well here we go

Match Types: This game does have all the basic match types and more but sadly multiplayer suffers most due to the fact that there is lots of match types missing for local multiplayer such as triple threat Tag Team matches and 3 man tornado tag matches. This really is a person irk of mine but worth mentioning.

Game Play: This is the breaking point for me on the game. The buttons are easy to remember and play with and it works for it but sadly everything else is just broken to the point of irritation. Reversals are one of the worst parts of this game, it really feels like they dumbed it down and made it pure chance for you to reverse as not only is it one button but if your able to learn it then you are literally unbeatable. In my opinion it should never be this way. Another gripe is the game feels slow and sluggish at times like with running and jumping but the game is also terrible for targeting. You will frequently hit people you don't mean to. This can include other AI or even your own partners.

Wrestlemania matches: This highlight of the game is definitively the Wrestlemania mode it's very fun watching the cut scenes to see some of the intense rivalries from the past as well as reliving the matches. Defo one of the best moments though slight irritation with some of the goals as it isn't always made clear. You also get Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler who are always funny to listen to.

Creation Options: This is another part where the game shines as it really does pull out all the stops and gives you something really worth creating. This goes to characters (including superstars and divas), Moves (though they are feeble) and arenas. You can still import your own music to have something really special. There is also a good entrance creator and even has the entrance moves for teams like the Hardy Boyz and even the Brothers of Destruction.

Overall 4/10. I have tried to be as unbiased as possible but frankly the game doesn't work for being a wrestline game. The reversing fails, the game is glitched and buggy and the AI can be irritating but it works well in some of the game modes and the creation mode is good. Overall though it can't save it because the actual wrestling is the reason we play these games.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Wrestlemania makes the day. [Dec 2013]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    For now WWE 2K14 will serve as an admirable filler, its wide array of modes and customisation there so players can concoct their own stories once Wrestlemania’s has been told.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 7, 2013
    30 Years of Wrestlemania is brilliant but that aside, this is exactly the same WWE sequel you would have expected from the house of THQ. [Issue#105, p.86]