7.2

1. Apr 13, 2011
    This game is like a medicine it needs to be taken in small amounts. Otherwise if you did what I did (sat there and played for 5 hours) It will be boring as hell afterward. There are 2 modes there is story mode where they all lead you to wrestlemania. You can play 3 different story's, the undertaker story (and in all of these you have to pick a wrestler to go against that person in theThis game is like a medicine it needs to be taken in small amounts. Otherwise if you did what I did (sat there and played for 5 hours) It will be boring as hell afterward. There are 2 modes there is story mode where they all lead you to wrestlemania. You can play 3 different story's, the undertaker story (and in all of these you have to pick a wrestler to go against that person in the story) the DX story and the Randy Ortan story and when you done with that you can do a mode where you can play matches in 2 different generation picking which generation character to go against the other generation (confusing I know) But this dose complete its goal of being over the top crazy but it has limited replay value. Expand
  2. Apr 23, 2011
    Of all of the wrestling games I have played, this is by far the best. It's over the top fun that you can play with your children and friends. It's not complex and easy to pick up and learn. The different modes give it some life and replayability. Well done.
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    I got the game on realease day and was forgiving the first night I played the game.The wrestling isn't that fun,the controls are bad and main stories are boring.
  4. Mar 31, 2011
    I used to be a huge wraslin' fan, but the athletes of today don't really have, in my opinion, what the legends, or even the guys from a decade ago had. So when I heard someone was making a game where the legends could take on the new guys I was stoked. When i got my first look at it, I was even more excited. The game reminded me of the old N64 WCW wrestling games, the look, how it played,I used to be a huge wraslin' fan, but the athletes of today don't really have, in my opinion, what the legends, or even the guys from a decade ago had. So when I heard someone was making a game where the legends could take on the new guys I was stoked. When i got my first look at it, I was even more excited. The game reminded me of the old N64 WCW wrestling games, the look, how it played, all updated for this generation. Did the developers get it right. Oh yeah! The characters look like living action figures and their moves are so over the top and exaggerated, but that's what I find cool about it. I didn't really like the Smackdown vs. Raw series, sure they were loaded with all sorts of modes (which I found a little overwhelming), but I didn't find them all that fun. Here the action is fast-paced and aggressive, as apposed to the sluggish controls of the other series. This is more like a fighting game, you can literally bounce people off the mat and juggle them in the air, which kind of reminded me of the WWF In Your House games. There's even brightly colored streams that come of your wrestler as they perform signature moves. There are a lot of modes, however most feel similar. The stand out is the cage match complete with mini-games when you climb to the top. Another great feature pits a pre-determined legend against a pre-determined wrestler from the current roster based on their particular style, these matches are also cool. Matches like Sheamus vs. the Ultimate Warrior and Eddie Guerrerro vs. Rey Mysterio are examples. There are 30 combatants in all with more on the way via DLC, but you can't help but notice some odd omissions like Ric Flair or Chris Jericho, but this may be fixed later on with the DLC. Each looks as they currently do (in the case of the fresh talent) or as they did in their prime (for the legends), and they each use their signature moves and their awesome entrance music. The game mechanics are easy to pick up but hard to master, there is an awful lot of hidden depth in this arcade brawler. Reversals can be difficult until you get the timing right, as a prompt appears at the top of the screen telling you what button to push, but only briefly, so you really have to pay attention to the other fighter and judge what you need to do ahead of time. There are plenty of unlockables with everything from arenas and wrestlers to stuff to use in the create a wrestler mode. This is the weakest part of the game as it comes no where near the depth of the other series, but you can't still come up with some fun characters of your own. All in all this is great game for wrestling fans old and new with a lot of depth for those that want it and pick up and play acessibility for those that don't. Collapse

1. Oct 21, 2011
    Digitized world of wrestling gets even closer of the beat'em'up genre. Simplified mechanics and exaggerated graphics highlight this transition from Smackdown series. Wrestling is fun with a friend, solo wrestling is only for Monty Python. [May 2011]
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    Even with its easily addressable faults, WWE All-Stars manages to brightly shine because it got the basics absolutely right.
  3. May 16, 2011
    Still, the game is a load of fun and arguably the best professional wrestling game to come out in many years. I know that wrestling purists would say that the arcade style slam-and-jam nature of All Stars is not an accurate representation of their beloved sport - but put the controller in their hands for ten minutes, and even the hardest of the diehards will be won over.