8.4

1. TrevorS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    I bought this game because I was very excited about the story creator. My friends and I like to use these games to create WWE versions of ourselves to beat the snot out of each other. I was really looking forward to using the story creator to enhance the experience. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that you can only use created wrestlers ten times in each story file. I do not mean you I bought this game because I was very excited about the story creator. My friends and I like to use these games to create WWE versions of ourselves to beat the snot out of each other. I was really looking forward to using the story creator to enhance the experience. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that you can only use created wrestlers ten times in each story file. I do not mean you are limited to using only 10 created wrestlers. I mean you can only use a created wrestler ten times. Not even ten each. This includes cut-scenes AND matches. For example, if you created a 6-man match using created wrestlers, and a cut-scene before and after the match using 2 wrestlers each, you would not be able to use created wrestlers again in that story. That's a load of garbage. If I had known about this ahead of time, I would not have bought this game. I am now going to Gamestop to see if I can return it or sell it back to them. What a joke. Expand
  2. stephenp
    Oct 28, 2009
    This is the best smackdown v.s. raw game that thq has came out with by far the best.
  3. [anonymous]
    Jan 5, 2010
    The graphics and combat glitch a lot, but they've fixed some clipping issues, and the achivements aren't that great, but that's not really going to affect the gameplay. Converting a Highlight reel into an enterance movie is silly because it means that you can only use footage from one match. The actual gameplay feels fine. Combat can feel chuncky at times but that would The graphics and combat glitch a lot, but they've fixed some clipping issues, and the achivements aren't that great, but that's not really going to affect the gameplay. Converting a Highlight reel into an enterance movie is silly because it means that you can only use footage from one match. The actual gameplay feels fine. Combat can feel chuncky at times but that would mainly be due to your character's weight class or something else to keep the game ballanced; I mean this IS a sports game, not a high octane beat-'em-up. Creating entrances other than your titantron is EXTREMELY flexible, although you have to choose a generic enterance if your superstar has a title. The only thing more customizable than your enterance is your create a superstar. It steels the show, and is just as flexible as character creation in Saints Row 2, with hundreds of clothes, paint, and tatoos to choose from to customize him or her to the max. There are also a ton of moves for you to set your move list, and using them with your own superstar comming out with his own enterance feels as rewarding as any missed achivement oppertunity. In short, the Creation Modes are good enough to be the entire game, except for story editor, which I haven't done. The only part about the combat that needs fixing is auto-lock on, which could make you lose in an handicap match, but you fix it by turning on manual lock on in the options menu. Otherwise, the game rules. Expand
  4. shaunm
    Oct 22, 2009
    this svr10 is by far the best yet the new training options and create a story are awesome editions to the game and the overall feel this time really adds to the enjoyment of a great package its a must by for fans of the wrestling genre and even ufc games.
  5. BryanW
    Oct 21, 2009
    The best game in the series yet. Eleven games strong and Yuke's and THQ are still doing the damn thing! A must buy for any fan of professional wrestling.
  6. CrittyS.
    Oct 21, 2009
    I have been playing smackdown vs. raw since the first one in 2004. I have been playing wrestling games since Royal Rumble on the SNES in 1993. THIS, is...without a doubt, the BEST wrestling game I have ever played hands down. Besides the match types, the awesome graphics, the phenomonal gameplay and all of the game modes...the customization and options in this game are ENDLESS!!! You can I have been playing smackdown vs. raw since the first one in 2004. I have been playing wrestling games since Royal Rumble on the SNES in 1993. THIS, is...without a doubt, the BEST wrestling game I have ever played hands down. Besides the match types, the awesome graphics, the phenomonal gameplay and all of the game modes...the customization and options in this game are ENDLESS!!! You can literally edit a created video highlight for 2 hours and have a blast doing it, and wonder...where did the time go? If you like wrestling, this is a must have! Expand
  7. DnaielJ
    Oct 25, 2009
    pretty much the bes wwe game i have seen in years. All the new add ons make it great. But it does fall short in some areas. The restriction of created superstars in story designer. and the create a superstar points only letting you have a limited amount of clothing. But overall great game.
  8. MaksS
    Dec 6, 2009
    Well, the game is awesome. i played all SVR except 2006 and this one is the best. Congratulations Yuke's you made a very great game.
  9. Oct 5, 2010
    the best smackdown vs raw yet.............................................................................................. no question at all........
  10. Oct 9, 2010
    Well being a big follower of the smackdown series all the way back to its ps1 origins. I feel really that the series reached its peak at Smackdown vs Raw and went slowly down hill from 2007 onwards. Alot of the matches feel generally the same and have no real enjoyment factor even when more interactivity with the enviroment and more variation in moves are added on.

The reason i feel the

The reason i feel the series has gone down hill mostly is down to the fact that the series has taken to the idea of being more family friendly, so they have to get rid of the diva exclusive matches e.g. fulfil your fantasy and the bra and panties matches. The matches may be viewed as sexist or not appropriate for family view but they had more innovation than the last 2 titles put together. Another gripe i have is with the story mode and created wreslters. Can only be used 10 times in an entire story (including cut scenes and matches). The only way to make a long story with a created wrestler would be to divide it into loads of parts. THQ need to address this problem if they want to get me to buy the 2011 edition.

The game still has some good merits about it though. The create your own entrance has been vastly improved. Now not only can you incorporate your own music you can also create an entrance video using match footage. This made incorporating yourself into the game even more brilliant.

It feels more of a challange to win a match now unlike the previous titles where you could time your moves depending on the body movement of your opponent. now its much more unpredictable.

Overall a half decent game but i feel its gone way off its roots and is going to lose alot of its original fanbase if they dont try bring some of the more popular elements.
  11. Oct 8, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 10
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 7.1/10 = B-
  12. Apr 13, 2015
    Amazing, starting from this game and onward, the series started getting good starting from this game, I got this game when it was less than a year old!

1. Those who are in the market for a new WWE game will delight in the raft of innovations, which dispel the myth that Smackdown is a gaming franchise that stood still. [Nov 2009, p.72]
  2. Combines last year's excellent gameplay with a collection of features that should last the entire year. [Issue#51, p.72]
    The gameplay tweaks are welcome and make the experience feel fresh, the presentation is straight from TV, the load times are better than ever, the Road to WrestleMania is still great, you can create your own logos, and the ability to share your stories and characters is invaluable...WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 might not be the greatest wrestling game of all time, but it’s definitely the best the world’s seen in years.