X-Blades Xbox 360

5.4

1. evilm3w
    Mar 7, 2009
    Very fun Hack and slasher. If you want a deep story to go with the action, then look elsewhere. The story in this game is simply there just to give an excuse to decimate hundreds and hundreds of enemies. The "levels" are all quite small with little freedom, extremely linear. I'm currently on my 2nd play though, I just want more! DLC is also on the way, which could be interesting. All Very fun Hack and slasher. If you want a deep story to go with the action, then look elsewhere. The story in this game is simply there just to give an excuse to decimate hundreds and hundreds of enemies. The "levels" are all quite small with little freedom, extremely linear. I'm currently on my 2nd play though, I just want more! DLC is also on the way, which could be interesting. All up this is a great game for anyone who just wants a little hack and slash action and not worry about any story. Story: 2 (nothing really here), Graphics: 9 (very fluid and some nice designs) Gameplay: 9 (gameplay elements work almost perfectly), Sound: 9 (The score featured in this game is not only suitable for this type game, you will also find yourself turning up the volume. Overall: 7.25/10 (my opinion). Expand
  2. ChristopherB.
    Feb 14, 2009
    A gorgeous game filled with endless slaughter. Not perfect, not very deep, but it is quite fun indeed.

1. X-Blades is a solid title, and although it might not be as accomplished as some similar games in the genre, it certainly is a valiant effort.
    Everything about X-Blades is mediocre. It works for what it is, and there’s some charm to the action and the characters, but the gameplay design is lacking in ingenuity; a notion that is perpetuated the longer you play.
  3. That X-Blades remains a decent title despite the lack of compelling missions and likeable characters is something of an accomplishment in itself, though not one we'd recommend advertising from the rooftops.