X-Men: Destiny Xbox 360

5.0

1. Nov 21, 2011
    I am huge comicbook nerd. A huge fan of the X-men. So this game was enjoyable for me in that I was able to pick my powers and be part of the X-men. However, if you're not a massively loyal X-men fan: do not buy this game. The power choice was fun, the voice acting was okay, and for a comicbook plot it was almost par. But the graphics are sub-par, the combat is limited, and the "choices"I am huge comicbook nerd. A huge fan of the X-men. So this game was enjoyable for me in that I was able to pick my powers and be part of the X-men. However, if you're not a massively loyal X-men fan: do not buy this game. The power choice was fun, the voice acting was okay, and for a comicbook plot it was almost par. But the graphics are sub-par, the combat is limited, and the "choices" are... well it's as linear as a "choosing one of two factions" game can get. It's also really easy... Even on the highest difficulty. There are a lot of problems with this game. But it was fun being an X-man. Expand
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    The game wasn't bad, but wasn't great either, or good, you might as well say it was "meh". The graphics are unimpressive and the gameplay, but the fact that you make your own mutant with powers that you can upgrade was appealing to me. 60 dollars for this make it a bad buy, but fans of upgrading games and fans of X-men might wanna check it out.
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    The honest truth is this game needed a lot more time in development. The graphics overall are somewhat ugly. The animations can be stiff and just as ugly. And the ability to handle your character in terms of gameplay isn't quite what one would expect or want for forking over $60. BUT, I have found myself really enjoying this game none the less. A lot of people have complained that you'reThe honest truth is this game needed a lot more time in development. The graphics overall are somewhat ugly. The animations can be stiff and just as ugly. And the ability to handle your character in terms of gameplay isn't quite what one would expect or want for forking over $60. BUT, I have found myself really enjoying this game none the less. A lot of people have complained that you're not playing as a previously established X-Men or Brotherhood member. But honestly, you interact and fight alongside a huge cast. And the fact that you can upgrade and craft your own mutant with they own unique abilities is way more compelling to me. The gameplay isn't overly deep. You'll essentially move from section to section, and you'll beat up a huge group of enemies. Then some more enemies. Then some more enemies, with some bigger meaner enemies. So on and so forth. Its a beat 'em up game, plain and simple, with some RPG upgrading elements to help keep things from getting stale. And sometimes, all one really wants is a simple beat 'em up. In my opinion, beats another mindless First Person Shooter. Anyways, the story won't blow you away, but at the same time its solid. The voice acting is pretty good overall as well. If you enjoy the X-Men franchise, don't mind a simple minded yet fun beat 'em up game with fun upgrading aspects, and can cope with some less than beautiful graphics and animations, this game should satisfy. I will suggest that most people wait until the price drops below $60. But, as a rental from Redbox at $2 a night, its a hell of a fun game. Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2011
    X-Men: Destiny isn't a great game, but it's not really a bad one either, I had a lot of fun with it even though it is sadly flawed, the story isn't really interesting but it's good enough a reason for you to fight alongside you favorite mutants, the graphics take a more comic book feel but they still aren't that great, the sound however is really good, voice acting is great, the score andX-Men: Destiny isn't a great game, but it's not really a bad one either, I had a lot of fun with it even though it is sadly flawed, the story isn't really interesting but it's good enough a reason for you to fight alongside you favorite mutants, the graphics take a more comic book feel but they still aren't that great, the sound however is really good, voice acting is great, the score and sound effects are really good also, and the controls are also great, there is also a deep leveling up system and power swapping system that gives you the impression that you can approach any combat situation the way you choose, and in a sense you can a little but it's really just a button masher, the game is also pretty short and can be completed in about 6 hours, but that's not really a bad thing as the game is extremely repetitive, also your choices don't really feel like they're really all that important, all it does is really just lead you to one of the two endings, it does have some replay value, to see how each of the three characters backstories will effect the stories, but so far all it seems to do is change up the dialog a little, I did have a lot of fun with this game, and I do intend to play through this a few more times, the main problem with this game is that it's just so mediocre in comparison to other games out there, and it does have a lot of flaws so many gamers will have a hard time enjoying this, but if you approach this expecting a mediocre brawler RPG you will have some fun with this, just don't expect greatness, and wait for the price to go down a LOT as it is not worth the $60 asking price, in the end it's mediocre but surprisingly charming, but only the most hardcore X-Men fans should apply. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    As many flaws as this game has, which is a lot, I still found myself somewhat enjoying this game. Maybe this is because of how much of an X-Men fan I am, but even with the bad graphics, repetitive combat and lack of story, I still think this game is worth a rental, definitely wouldn't buy it though.
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    I think that the game is good, have great ideas, but a bad development, I'm a biggest fan of X-Men, but some games are a bigger disaster, X-Men: Destiny can be a disaster, but with some good things, is good.
  7. Mar 1, 2012
    Stupid, button mashing fun. I only wish I could see my girl's face, that freaking scarf thing drives me crazy.

Not great--and certainly not worth $60, but if you buy it used you'll be happy enough with it. The locations are varied enough, you meet most of your favorites along the way, and all in all, if you go in not expecting a whole lot, you'll be fine.
  8. Oct 11, 2012
    A decent game, fun to play and interesting to play the three different charectars for their perception of whats happening, although for to short i completed this game in 6 hours. Also if you lose at a challenge you have to reload to that level to have another shot at doing it. but if your looking for a game that you just want to relax to then get this game.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Destiny promised to bring a lot of choices – side to choose, moral choices… but despite on how you decide, the game won't change – you will beat hundreds and hundreds similar enemies. [Dec 2011]
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Between those passive tendencies, the lack of strategic combat, a smattering of trite escort missions and the lack of much R in the RPG equation, the total X-Men Destiny package ends up kind of boring. It would've been nice to see Silicon Knights right its up-ended ship, but this game makes me seriously wonder if the studio's ship has already sailed.
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    It is an amateurish approach to see a waste of the X-Men: Destiny game's potential. It is a pity that another game title of the famous comics brand did not work out and that the reasons to play it can be counted on four fingers of a single hand.