Yaris Xbox 360

4.3

1. Jul 19, 2014
    10/10 - IGN , perfect and amazing. And the game is totally not broken............................................................................................................
  2. Jan 11, 2013
    Shallow, bland, borderline broken. Even for free, the time it takes to play it is a price too high. There are some easier achievements to pick up, and then it's time to move on. To its credit, online multiplayer actually works well, not that it'd be nice to drag someone else into this game. Ugly, unambitious, boring, and frustrating. There's a reason you can't download it anymore. It's aShallow, bland, borderline broken. Even for free, the time it takes to play it is a price too high. There are some easier achievements to pick up, and then it's time to move on. To its credit, online multiplayer actually works well, not that it'd be nice to drag someone else into this game. Ugly, unambitious, boring, and frustrating. There's a reason you can't download it anymore. It's a shameful, awful game. Easy review. Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2012
    Probably one of the greatest games ever conceived. This game has to be better than Skyrim, Bioshock, Half Life, or Dues Ex combined. Without a doubt the best game ever made and if you think differently you are wrong.
  4. Mar 6, 2012
    The worst game EVER!!!, the reason? horrible gameplay, terrible graphics, the controls are ugh, awful, the idea is good, but the game is a bigger deception, I hate this game, is one of the worst games that I can play.
  5. Apr 20, 2011
    I own this car and its an amazing car to drive, its fun, fast, and reliable because its japanese, and who can beat that? I never even played the game, I just like the car.
  6. Apr 16, 2011
    This is by and far away the greatest game ever made on any console CUT. In fact way better that Grand Theft Auto 4. Graphics 10/10, sound 10/10, gameplay 10/10, longevity 20/10, oh and its free, what could be more satisfying than downloading right now the greatest game ever FREE!!!
  7. [anonymous]
    Jan 11, 2010
    Such an inspired masterpiece cannot be given such a low score! Definitely one of my all time favorite games! To put it simply, this game is amazing.
  8. RonaldD
    Oct 15, 2009
    You might think that it is a good thing when they release games like this for free. WRONG! 'Cause then more people will play it, and then they'll have to pay for psychiatrist. This rivals big rigs for the crown of crap games, and it's disgusting from start to finish. Driving and shooting has never made me more ill.
  9. BillGates
    Jun 15, 2009
    Without a doubt the greatest game ever created. The story sucks you in and wont let you go, the graphics are almost real, and you can feel the intensity through the screen. I would have gladly paid $20 for this game, probably even more than that.
  10. MichaelM
    Dec 10, 2008
    Simply put this game is Microsoft's crowning achievement. It is their Space Odyssey, if you will. The best part about this masterpiece is that it is free.
  11. RiyaadJ.
    Nov 8, 2008
    Poor design, but highly entertaining in co-op with a friend, and an easy way to boost your gamerscore by 140 points in a couple of hours. not bad but anything more than the price FREE and its not worth it.
  12. MitsuhoO.
    May 23, 2008
    This railed vertical shooter isn't too bad; hard though. You dodge and pick up coins with the left stick, aim with the right stick, and shoot with the right trigger. The crosshairs lock onto a target so that's one thing less to worry about. This is a RAIL SHOOTER, not a driving game.
  13. AhmedB.
    Apr 17, 2008
    Holy..... I don't know how they could create such an abomination on humanity like this game. It creates chaos in our brains, burns our hearts and rips us apart. I'd rather rip my eyes out with a fork, chop off my hands, burn off my legs and barf out my intestines and eat them all instead of playing this monster. Life is at risk with this here, and everyone should stay away, andHoly..... I don't know how they could create such an abomination on humanity like this game. It creates chaos in our brains, burns our hearts and rips us apart. I'd rather rip my eyes out with a fork, chop off my hands, burn off my legs and barf out my intestines and eat them all instead of playing this monster. Life is at risk with this here, and everyone should stay away, and if you see an ad, shoot your TV and pray that this beast will not kill you. Expand
  14. JohnH
    Feb 25, 2008
    i give it a 10 not only because this game was free but so i can anger any reviewer who is a witness to a 10/10 score on a game that should have gave you gamer points when u decided to taint your hard drive with its lackluster performance <3
  15. DollyD.
    Dec 31, 2007
    This is what you do. You race around a track while avoiding things and shooting things and trying to get coins. Four things at once with horrendous controls merits this game nothing more than a zero. The worst game ever made and only made to advertise the Yaris, a car I think less of because of this poor game. They could have just made a simple racer, but they felt they had to This is what you do. You race around a track while avoiding things and shooting things and trying to get coins. Four things at once with horrendous controls merits this game nothing more than a zero. The worst game ever made and only made to advertise the Yaris, a car I think less of because of this poor game. They could have just made a simple racer, but they felt they had to overcomplicate things to ruin it. Just plain bad. Expand
  16. AnonymousMC
    Dec 6, 2007
    I wish I could score this less than 0. Toyota and MS should refund me for the cost of downloading this broken and painful excuse for a "game". It's complete and utter rubbish. A total failure on all levels. Not only do I hate the game, now ever time I see the car I'm reminded of this horrible botch job. Toyota needs to immediately fire anyone remotely associated withI wish I could score this less than 0. Toyota and MS should refund me for the cost of downloading this broken and painful excuse for a "game". It's complete and utter rubbish. A total failure on all levels. Not only do I hate the game, now ever time I see the car I'm reminded of this horrible botch job. Toyota needs to immediately fire anyone remotely associated with green-lighting this garbage. Expand
    Nov 28, 2007
    Wow, even at free this is not worth the price. Absolutely horrible. It fails at both advertising and as a game. Who ever thought this dreck would be worth releasing?
  18. NathanT.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The only reason not to give this game a zero is because it's free and you can easily delete it. I have played some fun free games in the past, but this game is just irritating. The soundtrack is bad, the controls are bad, the gameplay is bad, and pretty much everything else in this game is BAD. The only reason I tried this game out is because of the few achievement points you can The only reason not to give this game a zero is because it's free and you can easily delete it. I have played some fun free games in the past, but this game is just irritating. The soundtrack is bad, the controls are bad, the gameplay is bad, and pretty much everything else in this game is BAD. The only reason I tried this game out is because of the few achievement points you can pick up in the game, but that still doesn't even justify anyone downloading this. Expand
  19. DanP.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I see this has a horrible rating... most likely because the game isn't really a game as much as a marketing tool. Also remember it is free, so if you are extremely bored... or want 10 more gamerpoints go ahead and download it. It's not 17 bad, but it's not good.
  20. JoeyK.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Oh man. There's bad games, and then there's this. The good news is, it's hilariously bad enough to be worth checking out, so you can marvel at the incredible craftsmanship it takes to make a game so perfectly bad.
  21. ZackA.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Not as bad as others say. The game play seems the same thru all levels. They just throw more at you to make it tougher. Graphics seem old school but similar to the yaris ads. but hey; its free.
  22. Andyman
    Oct 31, 2007
    This is the first "game" I have ever wanted to give a negative-number score. Congratulations, Toyota! You have achieved exactly the opposite of your goal... you have guaranteed that I will never even test-drive a Yaris, let alone BUY one. Whoever at Toyota green-lighted this garbage should be terminated with extreme prejudice.
  23. BryanMccann
    Oct 29, 2007
    you now this is just a kind of aid to get to kids so they will buy their cars. but it is free and if you are bored that much you can play it. I mean rember it is free people it does not cost money so dont complan. can be fun the beat the crap out of your friends in it. if it cost even .5 cents i would not get it. but since it is free it gets a 4.
  24. Dave
    Oct 25, 2007
    This is pure garbage. controls are impossible, the gameplay is a joke - the whole thing is just a big commercial disguised as a game. it's an interactive marketing campaign!!
  25. IanC.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Surely this type of thing is illegal? There must be something in the law, maybe the Human Rights Act or the Constitution... cruel and unusual punishment, assault, theft (of my time)... Please o please o please let this be the last time we see adverticrud polluting Live Arcade, and let it be the last time that Toyota try anything like this. Look at the comments and learn car people, Surely this type of thing is illegal? There must be something in the law, maybe the Human Rights Act or the Constitution... cruel and unusual punishment, assault, theft (of my time)... Please o please o please let this be the last time we see adverticrud polluting Live Arcade, and let it be the last time that Toyota try anything like this. Look at the comments and learn car people, you've damaged your rep with this trash, I'd release a press statement distancing yourself from this as soon as you can. Expand
  26. PabloG.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Just awful. I know it's just an advertisement for their ugly cars(Toyota's are great, but the Yaris is butt-ugly) but it hits a new low for video game advertisement. The graphics look like N64 and there is almost no game at all.
  27. TimR.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Quick - fun - engaging. As an Arcade title, this thing does the job.
  28. SeanB.
    Oct 16, 2007
    This game (if you even want to call it that) is not worth the time and energy the developers put into making it happen; which, by my guesstimates was probably about a half hour. Remember in Sonic the Hedgehog when you were teleported to the special stage, running down a tube, collecting coins? It plays like that, except is void of all the fun that made THAT game so great. At least in This game (if you even want to call it that) is not worth the time and energy the developers put into making it happen; which, by my guesstimates was probably about a half hour. Remember in Sonic the Hedgehog when you were teleported to the special stage, running down a tube, collecting coins? It plays like that, except is void of all the fun that made THAT game so great. At least in Sonic the camera stayed behind your character, not all over the place where you can't even focus on what the heck is going on! I understand Toyota's idea: a great way to advertise while providing entertainment via a video game. However, they missed one crucial element: the ENTERTAINMENT part. It should've been KIA or Daewoo backing this game. That would've made more sense. Expand
  29. RyanG.
    Oct 13, 2007
    This has to be one of the worst games on the live arcade. It's horrible. It looks horrible and the gameplay is horrible. The only reason I gave this a one is because it is free and has online play(which has little kids telling me this is the best game they've ever played).
  30. Mr.Jonman
    Oct 12, 2007
    Utterly devoid of any redeeming features whatsoever. The front end takes an age to register any button presses, the game itself is like a broken megadrive game with controls designed by someone who's never played a game. Quite possibly the worst piece of advertising ever, as well as the worst XBLA game thus far.
  31. TobyO.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Plays like a freebie. This in-game ad is surprising, however, in that it's not that blatant with the product placement. Sure, you drive a Yaris, but it's actually closer to Wipeout than Gran Turismo. Speed through futuristic tubes, avoiding obstacles and grabbing coins while shooting odd enemies that fly in. Like Full Auto, you use the right stick to aim your weapon. Strangely, Plays like a freebie. This in-game ad is surprising, however, in that it's not that blatant with the product placement. Sure, you drive a Yaris, but it's actually closer to Wipeout than Gran Turismo. Speed through futuristic tubes, avoiding obstacles and grabbing coins while shooting odd enemies that fly in. Like Full Auto, you use the right stick to aim your weapon. Strangely, shooting becomes more important than driving. The multi-tasking mechanic is interesting, but you'll go back to playing something you actually bought before too long. Expand
  32. PanchoA.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game is quite terrible. Its crap through and through. Pretty much everything is executed poorly. The driving, the shooting, all bad. It is also crazy hard, and unforgiving. Ohh yeah, its ugly as well. The good: It's free. It has achievements. The bad: Everything else.
  33. J.
    Oct 11, 2007
    An utter PILE. I don't what I expected from a free game, but it wasn't this. The first advertising game for the Xbox Arcade, Yaris is also hopefully the last. About as fun as someone putting a hot skillet on your face.
  34. AtlasT.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Free. It better be free. This game is garbage. If I don't get dropped off of EVERY single multiplayer match I have ever had before the race has even started then I'm trying the poor single player. I know it's free, but if someone was giving you free puke would you want it? Barely warrants a download, out of curiosity or 200 painfully boring achievement points.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 7 Critics

1. I'm actually very fond of irreverent humor, when it's done right, but this, this is just awful.
  2. Avoid this at all costs. Simply put, it's just a hair shy of being completely broken. Yaris may be free but somehow, I still feel ripped off.
  3. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    Last time we checked, a Toyota doesn't come with a ruddy big gun. False, and very bad, advertising if you ask us. Still, it's free. [Christmas 2007, p.98]