7.6

1. Jan 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was astounded by Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012. What makes it unique is that there's a calorie bar that shows the total calories you've burnt. You get to choose what muscle groups to work on. At the end of a workout, it shows how many calories you burned. There's a variety of activities. I like the fact that the fitness program supports floor exercises. Disclaimer: you'll need plenty of space since the Kinect tracts body movement. Each workout has a different time length, whether short or long. I like the doing the longer ones better. You get to use weights. You have to stay in good form and do the moves in rhythm. If you do this it's gonna show a gold outline around your body and make "ding" sounds. This lets you know that you're doing the exercises correctly. I like that the environment evolves as you progress through the workout.

I workout with Your Shape every week. The main menu is easy to navigate, and it's perfectly organized with different categories, each with a different color. My favorite class from the classes category is cardio boxing. The Back In Shape program is focused on losing and controlling weight. Your Shape lets you feel immersed in physical activity. This fitness program offers an alternative to going to the gym. I've noticed results! This is a "must get"! Ubisoft Montreal did a great job in making this an ideal fitness product!
  2. Apr 2, 2012
    The workouts really get your heart pumping! With that being said, the controls which are mostly satisfactory have a few issues...so moves in the workouts the kinect doesnt pick up and you get the dreaded "out of rythm" indicator...launching the game is odd too...Well worth the money!
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    I bought this game a few days ago, as a way to do workouts already prepared for me, because I can't put a workout together to save my life, and I hate going to the gym! So far it is fantastic. The different activities and workouts really get your body moving in different ways! they are fun and keep you motivated, wanting to beat your previous score. I'm also very impressed with how wellI bought this game a few days ago, as a way to do workouts already prepared for me, because I can't put a workout together to save my life, and I hate going to the gym! So far it is fantastic. The different activities and workouts really get your body moving in different ways! they are fun and keep you motivated, wanting to beat your previous score. I'm also very impressed with how well the Kinect works! It picks up everything your body does and can tell you when your lung isn't quite low enough, or how accurate it can stimulate bouncing a soccer ball on your knees! And all the options are great, such as warm ups, activities, dance classes, and yoga! I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fun and motivating way to work out! Collapse
  4. Feb 29, 2012
    This would be a good game if it wasnt flawed with lack of direction on what their workouts are and if their terrible coding would pick up the movements you are doing. I personally am in good enough shape to do exactly what it tells me and look just as the trainer in the game in the workout routines but the game would not pick up my movements properly until i modify in to an awkwardThis would be a good game if it wasnt flawed with lack of direction on what their workouts are and if their terrible coding would pick up the movements you are doing. I personally am in good enough shape to do exactly what it tells me and look just as the trainer in the game in the workout routines but the game would not pick up my movements properly until i modify in to an awkward position that did not feel like a workout at all. My suggestion is stay away from this game and use that money to buy some of your own weights and create a better less frustrating workout, Or use your tv and invest in p90x which I reccomend 10/10 Expand
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    This is hands down the best interactive fitness experience you're going to find. I had the first game as well, which was good. But it still felt limited. This game will have you continuously striving for more. Awesome presentation, body detection and feedback. With the holidays here, this is a best bet for anyone looking to get in shape for the new year.
  6. Nov 28, 2011
    Great game ! A lot of stuff in this one ! They did a great job with the new body parts categories : it's now clearly a tool for me to fix my back problems. Accessible, quick and sweaty efficient : that's all I asked !
  7. Nov 23, 2011
  8. Nov 22, 2011
    Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is one of the few fitness games that really delivers on its promise of allowing you to get a gym quality workout in your living room. I have the previous game, and I feel this one improves on it in virtually every way. Whereas the first game was almost an experimental foray into the capabilities of the Kinect hardware, this game delivers an expansive andYour Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is one of the few fitness games that really delivers on its promise of allowing you to get a gym quality workout in your living room. I have the previous game, and I feel this one improves on it in virtually every way. Whereas the first game was almost an experimental foray into the capabilities of the Kinect hardware, this game delivers an expansive and interactive workout program. I have been going to the gym five days a week since I was 18 (I am 37 now) and it is so easy to get into a rut and lose motivation. This game (although weather this is a "game" or something more is a subject of debate) continues to motivate you with a series of activities, classes, and challenges. Unlike fitness videos or computer programs, there is a steady stream of feedback and encouragement. It can't make you want to workout, but it helps you get the most out of the endeavor. While I doubt that you could put on real muscle with these activities (as i believe you need more resistance and probably a high testosterone level) if you are looking to burn calories than you have come to the right place. You can work individual muscle groups, takes the classes, or play the game like activities such as brick breaker or jump rope. Some of the selections seem childish to the point of silliness, however they are remarkable effective at elevating your heart rate. As an aside I should mention that while you can work yourself out hard with Fitness Evolved, you certainly dont have to. My kids (6, 4, and 2yrs old) like the activities and could care less about the calorie burn. One of the nice features is that several players can play sequentially, allowing rest between excercises. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who wants a viable alternative to the gym. Expand
  9. Mar 3, 2012

1. Mar 5, 2012
    As home fitness products go, it's certainly one of the best. It's absorbing, interesting and fun in parts, and if you're the sort of person who gets a kick out of medals, points and progress reports then you'll certainly enjoy the framework it offers. But if you're looking for a fun Kinect game with a getting-fit side-effect, or a comprehensive exercise routine with serious results, Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is not quite there.
  2. Feb 15, 2012