Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels Xbox 360

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 3, 2010
7.4

1. Jun 20, 2011
    This game is exactly what someone would want if they actually like the game of yu gi oh. It allows fully customization of decks, something that the magic games don't have, which basically makes this game far better then them. If I am playing a card game I am playing it so I customize my deck and get new cards; not for battle animation...It also has tag battles online which are cool. On theThis game is exactly what someone would want if they actually like the game of yu gi oh. It allows fully customization of decks, something that the magic games don't have, which basically makes this game far better then them. If I am playing a card game I am playing it so I customize my deck and get new cards; not for battle animation...It also has tag battles online which are cool. On the flip side I will admit I feel like things were halfassed to be blunt about it. No actual W/L record kept...what is that about lol. Expand
  2. Jun 16, 2013
    Good game overall. With the release of Plus, it removes one of the glaring issues of the vanilla game: a lacking library, filled with cards that need cards that aren't even in the game to work. However, that's the only thing it fixed. The AI for campaign are just...uggh. You play a game to have fun, but the AI are literally anything but. If I may say, they are literally worse than Hitler.Good game overall. With the release of Plus, it removes one of the glaring issues of the vanilla game: a lacking library, filled with cards that need cards that aren't even in the game to work. However, that's the only thing it fixed. The AI for campaign are just...uggh. You play a game to have fun, but the AI are literally anything but. If I may say, they are literally worse than Hitler. They use decks that aren't even good, they are just plain annoying. Burn? Eeyup. Lockdown? Uh huh. Blackwing? Of course! Return to hand/deck? Yes! Negate? Oh yeah.

How is any of that fun? On top of that, you need to go through all that misery and torment just to unlock cards. But don't think you can just grind your way to victory, oh no, because even if you have 3/3 of a card, you can keep getting that card! There are what, almost 4000 cards in the game? Good luck getting 1 of each copy of a card! Pfft! What a load of malarkey, Konami!

Still, it does the trick seeing as it is the only Yu-Gi-Oh! game on the console. It will do. The only reason I don't give this a perfect 10 is because of the ai, poor reward handling and some MP issues. Why people rag on this game I don't know why.

The only thing I can say is, if you are a dormant Yu-Gi-Oh! fan and have been getting the urge to play, explore your handheld options first, otherwise settle for this game.

1. May 30, 2011
    Yu-Gi-Oh fans will enjoy the game and those with knowledge of the rules will have an easy ride at the beginning, but as far as trying out a Yu-Gi-Oh game for the first time I wouldn't recommend spending your hard earned cash here. The blurry cards, repetitive music and steep learning curve won't make for an enjoyable experience and the lack of players online means the game will be very short lived unless you enjoy repeating the same style tournaments against AI characters over and over.
    Unless you're a Yu-Gi-Oh! master, stay far, far away. [March 2011, p.81]