8.7

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Let's be clear. Do not buy Zone of the Enders if you are thinking of playing Zone of the Enders. This is not what you are here for. 2nd Runner however is essential classic gaming. It is the ONLY mech fighting game I have found that is worth it's salt. The action is smooth and grace full. The game allows you to feel empowered whilst fighting numbers of enemy mechs and makes you look goodLet's be clear. Do not buy Zone of the Enders if you are thinking of playing Zone of the Enders. This is not what you are here for. 2nd Runner however is essential classic gaming. It is the ONLY mech fighting game I have found that is worth it's salt. The action is smooth and grace full. The game allows you to feel empowered whilst fighting numbers of enemy mechs and makes you look good whilst doing it. The anime cutscenes are amongst the best in the business to date and the fusion of the Japanese Anime with a grace full yet frantic mech fighting game is perfect.

Not many people will buy it... Not many people will know it even exists... but to play it is to be converted.

I believe there is a new one in the pipeline... I hope so!
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    Zone of the Enders is one of the more 'stand out' titles released by Konami in the previous generation. For the first time, we could experience mech fighting similar to the ones in your favorite anime. Why a '6' then? Well, the bad news is that the first game aged horribly, with atrocious CGI animation and horrible voice acting. While the second game is still brilliant, it's just plainZone of the Enders is one of the more 'stand out' titles released by Konami in the previous generation. For the first time, we could experience mech fighting similar to the ones in your favorite anime. Why a '6' then? Well, the bad news is that the first game aged horribly, with atrocious CGI animation and horrible voice acting. While the second game is still brilliant, it's just plain weird why Konami didn't simply 'reboot' the first ZOE in the first place. What's the point of having an incredible new intro when you are constantly reminded that this is a 'last gen' game. Kojima, can we finally have a next generation ZOE for a change? Collapse
  3. Nov 25, 2012

1. Feb 6, 2013
    I remembered Zone of the Enders on PS2 for two reasons – because it looked great and was so much fun to play. Both these qualities were carried over to the HD version. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.66]
  2. Jan 25, 2013
    For fans of the series, I am sure this will be an enjoyable romp, going back to the universe and reliving some great memories of the past, but for new players I would recommend looking at one of the more modern masterpieces than picking this up.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    ZoE's fighting system has aged well. While you can't say that for the rest of the first game, 2nd Runner is every bit as excellent today as it was in 2003. The HD makeup makes the games prettier, but unfortunately also causes some drops in the frames-per-second count. [Jan 2013]