6.6

1. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is the final straw for me as a gamer! It's unfinished! Had enough! Hanging up my controller until a company can make a game that's finished! Avoid this! 50 quid for a bf3 dlc!!!!!!1
  2. Dec 21, 2013
    The most appallingly bug ridden half finished game I've ever bought. Maybe in 3 months it will be patched to a stable release quality. Literally every aspect of the game is broken for me.
    Deleted save files
    Can't join servers
    Rubber banding on ever online game
    Fxf glitches
    Sound cuts
    Black screen
    Crashes
    Shocking quality
  3. Dec 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4, the hallmark blockbuster of DICE studios, is a fun game. In the time I've played, I've beat the game on hard, and ranked Division 1 for worldwide skill. Had some fun times with friends, and I've even made some youtube videos using the game DVR on the XBox One.

With all that said, this game is a disaster. The campaign is a waste of time, the storytelling is a trainwreck and the characters are all stereotyped annoyances. It's not particularly long, nor does it ever switch things up. It's sole purpose is to show off the frostbite 3 graphics, which as it happens are good but not impressive. I wouldn't rank it in the top 3 of launch titles. I'm a huge graphics enthusiast and I simply cannot see the appeal of it's colorless and uninspired visuals. The fact that people are still praising this game for its graphics boggles my mind.

That said, the only thing this game has left to its credit is multiplayer, which is virtually non-existent even after a month post-release. Simply finding a server that you can join is an arduous task, and nearly half the matches you search for are the wrong game mode. The lag is horrendous, it's even worse on PS4 and PC from what I've played. The maps are mostly good, but the same maps are used for all the game modes, and every mode has that one map that simply doesn't work for the mode.

Technical difficulties aside, the multiplayer itself is poorly designed. The 64 player mode is especially bad, as it exposes and exaggerates every problem with the game. The lag is worse, it exposes how horrendously overpowered the sniper rifle is (if you look at the leaderboards, you'll notice that 99% of the top players are predominantly snipers. There's a reason for that, it is NOT a coincidence). Travel times exaggerate spawning problems. You either squad spawn with a 50/50 chance of dying instantaneously, or you spawn at a base and take the extra 3 minutes travel time. Either way, the penalty for death is too great. When you're actually in the action, the game is more of a than a controlled match of skill. The destruction is cool but doesn't help this problem. The 20 player matches are much better because the smaller scale doesn't expose these incredible issues as much.

Frankly, every aspect of the game that isn't directly related to the frostbite 3 engine is terrible. The game's above average graphics and fan following are keeping it afloat, but the current product does not perform as promised and I wish the lawsuit against it the best of luck while BF4 staggers onward in this drunken stupor of mediocrity.

Its been years since I've played a great multiplayer shooter and BF4 doesn't come close to meeting my expectations, so it looks like I'm still waiting for one. I hope the days of multiplayer shooters aren't doomed to this repetitive, lackluster, and unimaginative grind of re-releases.
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    EA/DICE shipped a broken game, simply to beat COD to market.
    Constant crash to home screens, laggy servers and buggy weapon damage.
    Not acceptable.
    Each BF release seems to be getting worse than the previous release.

Take your time and FIX THE GAME DICE.
  5. Dec 31, 2013
    Want bugs, you name it, this game has them.
    -Failure to find servers
    -Lockups -Kicks you out of the game, randomly -Glitches (like in Halo) -Poor game physics -Server full errors -Won't let you in games -Quick match Conquest is regularly broken. -and its latest trick, you lose all experience and weapon unlocks. -In game chat does not work properly Not to mention most of the
    Want bugs, you name it, this game has them.
    -Failure to find servers
    -Lockups
    -Kicks you out of the game, randomly
    -Glitches (like in Halo)
    -Poor game physics
    -Server full errors
    -Won't let you in games
    -Quick match Conquest is regularly broken.
    -and its latest trick, you lose all experience and weapon unlocks.
    -In game chat does not work properly

Not to mention most of the greatest content costs extra to download and unlock. Now let's talk specifics.

Campaign:
    Is broken. My progress was never saved. I played it the first day for almost 2 hours and then had to leave it. The next time I played it had lost all of my progress and I had to sit through the terrible underwater jeep/truck sequence. Again I played it for an hour and shut the game off. The next time I came back it had lost all my progress again.

Multiplayer:
    Plenty of issues here. If and when the game works (about 25% of the time) it is fun to play and can be a great game. However, the errors greatly overshadow the fun in this game. You shouldn't have to wonder if the game will load every time that you turn on your Xbox One to play. They have help on the HUD that constantly pops up with the same messages and there is no way to get them to leave and not come back. I played through and gritted my teeth until I reached level 22. I had told myself that I would just deal with the issues because I had already been suckered into buying the game and trying every new patch in the hopes that they would fix it. But then it lost my experience. Put me back at 0 rank and lost all of my weapon unlocks. That is when I decided I have had enough. Multiplayer includes all of the issues I listed above and more. The destruction level is again very weak. DICE again lied to us (as in BF3) about the level of destruction in the game. I am a firearm collector and the weapon ballistics are way off. Some of the .223/5.56 caliber guns seem to hit harder than the 7.62X51 and 7.62X54 guns. Sorry DICE, it doesn't work that way in real life. The game constantly locks up, and boots you randomly out. This means that you lose any progress you made during that game. If you buy this game, and again I am returning my copy, I would wait at least 6 months for them to fix this garbage. I even waited over a month and downloaded multiple patches but the game still has severe problems. I personally won't buy another BF title. They have killed any of my trust that I had for them and their games.

Commander
    Seems to work alright. Pretty boring though.
  6. Dec 4, 2013
    Its been out for over 2 weeks on Xbone, and it's still broken. then EA and DICE have the balls to release DLC before fixing the original game. The only reason I purchased this "game" was because my 2 friends wanted to try it. Wll we are now trading the game in and switching to CoD. You would think that the support would be better for PC, and the next gen consoles, yet EA and DICE onceIts been out for over 2 weeks on Xbone, and it's still broken. then EA and DICE have the balls to release DLC before fixing the original game. The only reason I purchased this "game" was because my 2 friends wanted to try it. Wll we are now trading the game in and switching to CoD. You would think that the support would be better for PC, and the next gen consoles, yet EA and DICE once again push out a barely beta quality product and expect the consumer to test it. It should have been named Work In Progress 4: Give us your money.
    Do you wallet a favor and pass on this game and any future Battlefield games produced by EA and DICE. Or at least wait 6 months for most of the issues to be worked out.

I would say the campaign is nice, but I lost my game save halfway through, so enough said.
    I would say it looks good, but graphical errors and getting stuck inside of a black box building with no doors is not fun.
    I would say multiplayer was fun, but choosing Rush and getting put into a Team Deathmatch before crashing to the home screen is all I can seem to get out of this worthless game.

In my opinion, save your money and buy a real game
  7. Dec 16, 2013
    Great looking game but isn't finished.

I'll start with the campaign which appears to have been written at the pub in 10 minutes like BF3's campaign. Did someone get paid for this or did they just get a 12 year old to come up with it during lunch time? As you may guess it is utter garbage. It looks very pretty but if your idea of fun is to run down a corridor triggering the next set
    Great looking game but isn't finished.

As you may guess it is utter garbage. It looks very pretty but if your idea of fun is to run down a corridor triggering the next set of soldiers hiding behind barrels for 4 hours then maybe you will like it. It does have a few vehicle sections which are quite good but they only last a few minutes each.

Multiplayer
    I am sure the Multiplayer will be excellent when they finish making it in a few months, and it is when it works, which sadly is not all that often. Crashes are numerous, bugs are everywhere. There is supposed to be a new engine but it looks identical to BF3, all the vehicle and soldier models are the same as BF3, the sounds are the same and they are releasing the same maps from BF3 as DLC! What were Dice doing for 2 years?

In the credits I noticed there is a QA section. I don't think they will get another job after this!
  8. Dec 11, 2013
    I would rather ride in a car that Helen Keller is driving, cause it would crash less. Serious I've played many PC beta's that were more stable. I cant even access any of the dlc maps, so premium is useless too.
  9. Mar 6, 2014
    I made this account simply to warn people about this game. It is simply unplayable. The story line is linear and poorly done. Multi-player will have you pulling your hair out. The in game glitches i ran into commonly included glitching through solid textures (i.e. floors, walls) and having other players glitch right through me. a couple of times i shot an opponent multiple times only toI made this account simply to warn people about this game. It is simply unplayable. The story line is linear and poorly done. Multi-player will have you pulling your hair out. The in game glitches i ran into commonly included glitching through solid textures (i.e. floors, walls) and having other players glitch right through me. a couple of times i shot an opponent multiple times only to have him pass through me and stab me from behind. Also when you shoot some one you see their character drop his gun barrel to the ground but they keep firing and kill you. I was shot through 2 concrete walls with an assault rifle. The conquest mode is just tanks and planes, if you don't get in a vehicle good luck. The sniper rifles have almost the same specs as the shotguns except no spread. It can take 2 head shots to kill someone from less that 100 yards away with a sniper rifle. Inexplicably you can hit someone with a sniper rifle from point blank, and they have time to turn and unload half a clip on you before you can get another round in the chamber. If your ok with all of the above then good for you. I got mad almost every time i played it. Expand
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    Loved this game on Xbox 360 and rarely had many problems other than when I first joined a room on Dawn Breaker and another map (can't real call name something resort) that it would crash other that was awesome. So I was excited to buy this game again for my Xbox One......What a bad judgement call there, granted the game is more beautiful than I could have imagined it was going to be, butLoved this game on Xbox 360 and rarely had many problems other than when I first joined a room on Dawn Breaker and another map (can't real call name something resort) that it would crash other that was awesome. So I was excited to buy this game again for my Xbox One......What a bad judgement call there, granted the game is more beautiful than I could have imagined it was going to be, but there is no hardcore servers and that's all I play and to top it off when I do break down to play Normal Mode it crashes every other map literally to the Xbox One Dashboard.....And if that's still not enough when I go to play campaign it keeps putting me back to the beginning......Word of Advice the game will be super in a month or two when they actually finish it.......Til than save your money. Expand
  11. Jan 2, 2014
    Have you ever heard the saying if it aint broke don't fix it... well this needs fixing because it is broke broke broke. This is a shame being as this is a really good game infact in everyway better than call of duty ghosts... except reliability.

I say this after having the game from the day one. I have played through the Campaign 4 times... without ever reaching the end. This is not because I am incapable of beating the game but I am not likely to want to play through the entire game in one go. The save game mechanism does not work which effectively breaks the game. I either get back in and the entire save is gone or I have been put back a few missions.

Do not be fooled that the latest patch fixes the bugs... it does not.
  12. Jan 3, 2014
    I held off on writing a review until a few updates were available for this game.

The game is very nice looking especially when it is running on 60FPS for consoles but I sadly it is a broken unfinished product. Some of the issues I had are just enough to ruin the experience for me and makes me no longer want to play the game -Rubber banding on every server and map. I know it is not my

-Rubber banding on every server and map. I know it is not my connection because I can play every other game fine

-Terrible netcoding and hit detection. Seriously, What guns am I firing? Airsoft guns?! They seem to do sweet eff all damage

-Game crashing and sending me back to the home screen

-Game breaking bugs such as the "one hit kill" bug

-Campaign progress being wiped automatically

Seriously, Don't support a company like EA for releasing unfinished products just because they want to keep up with the Call of Duty market. Speak with your wallets and don't buy an EA product, Don't pre-order an EA product and certainly don't trust any reviews that gave this buggy mess a score higher than 6
  13. Jan 27, 2014
    This game is a piece of trash. Honestly the worst FPS I've ever played. This was the first game I played from the Battlefield series and it will be my last. Campaign mode is brutal. The AI enemies have some form of super intelligence that allow every single one of them to know your exact location and precisely where to aim at all times. And if AI super powers hasn't excited you perhapsThis game is a piece of trash. Honestly the worst FPS I've ever played. This was the first game I played from the Battlefield series and it will be my last. Campaign mode is brutal. The AI enemies have some form of super intelligence that allow every single one of them to know your exact location and precisely where to aim at all times. And if AI super powers hasn't excited you perhaps you'll be turned on by their ability to take 3 head shots from your sniper rifle. There is no CO-OP? Online is more of the same... If you're looking for a trip to the mental health clinic Battlefield 4 is for you! @#$! I hate %$#@ sucking Russians. To me this game has always tried to be 5 years ahead of its time and just never delivered. They try to provide us with these huge destructible maps but crap out on the fundamentals of a good shooter. I hated this game from beginning to end. Expand
  14. Jan 1, 2014
    Looks great, but lacks in single player content & game longevity. The price tag is far to high for what you actually get out of this game. Im not to fond of the multiplayer side of the game either at the moment, there are way to many problems with servers and glitches. It is near to impossible to play this game with friends as joining each others game is very difficult, not very user friendly.
  15. Jan 20, 2014
    The game is beautiful and so amazingly fun to play... when it works. At this point they have had months to fix this title but so far have only caused more issues. A large percentage of people still experience save file corruption. On the MP side, there are graphical glitches aplenty, server issues, crashing issues, and a very strange glitch where if you use Quickmatch to join any game typeThe game is beautiful and so amazingly fun to play... when it works. At this point they have had months to fix this title but so far have only caused more issues. A large percentage of people still experience save file corruption. On the MP side, there are graphical glitches aplenty, server issues, crashing issues, and a very strange glitch where if you use Quickmatch to join any game type you are always put into Team Deathmatch.

Not only are there these issues, but key people at Dice have been disrespectful on Twitter about the state of their game. they also had a VERY long Christmas break where no work was done at all. When you release something so broken you do not deserve weeks off. You are being terrible to the people that have spent their hard-earned cash with you.

I REALLY hope they put their big-boy pants on and get this rectified. When this game works, its wonderful.
  16. Feb 7, 2014
    A Game that is broken. Sound cuts out, game glitches sometimes. Each fix that is released from DICE introduces new problems. Instead of concentrating on DLC and balancing the game DICE should fix it first, that is however not their priority. Almost 4 months after release and still broken, welcome to Beta culture, where you pay to test a game. Having said this the game can be fun if youA Game that is broken. Sound cuts out, game glitches sometimes. Each fix that is released from DICE introduces new problems. Instead of concentrating on DLC and balancing the game DICE should fix it first, that is however not their priority. Almost 4 months after release and still broken, welcome to Beta culture, where you pay to test a game. Having said this the game can be fun if you find a good squad, the issues that plague it though make it very frustrating to play. Expand
  17. Feb 20, 2014
    IT stinks, stinks, stinks and I am putting this mildly. I own 2 xbox 360s and also purchased a xbox one and have loved battlefield in the past but battlefield 4 should offer everyone refunds on their games!!!! connection issues to download problem.....even not earning points and getting unlocks.....I have played for hours and at the end of the match no points or unlocks....NADA!!! I haveIT stinks, stinks, stinks and I am putting this mildly. I own 2 xbox 360s and also purchased a xbox one and have loved battlefield in the past but battlefield 4 should offer everyone refunds on their games!!!! connection issues to download problem.....even not earning points and getting unlocks.....I have played for hours and at the end of the match no points or unlocks....NADA!!! I have tried contacting EA and of coarse its a circle of BS red tape to try and reach anyone and when I did get to file a complaint they never replied or contacted me back .....EA has poor customer service!!!! fix your freakin game EA!!!! Expand
  18. Mar 21, 2014
    My single player campaign progress disappeared twice for no reason. The battle log system is terribly glitchy. Multiplayer is fun, but if you're not experienced with multiplayer first person shooters, you might want to avoid buying this game. The graphics are good.
  19. Mar 25, 2014
    When this game works, it is fun to play and the graphics are amazing. However, more often than not the game does not load correctly, DLC is delayed, servers crash, etc. The game is the equivalent to an amazing sports car that sits in the garage because the keys are lost or the engine is missing parts. EA and DICE should be sued by consumers and investigated by the BBB.
  20. Mar 26, 2014
    I'm here to tell you how unbelievably bad Battlefield 4 is. I used to love it it was one of my favorite games and it was awesome flying planes and stuff but that's when i encountered the bugs non stop server issues, it freezes, crashes to home and it almost broke my disk drive or even system on Xbox one. A little note to EA get your games right and give everybody a refund!
  21. Mar 31, 2014
    By far the worst Battlefileld in the series. The game lives up to none of the hype, using horrible physics, tons of rubber banding, and so many "wtf" moments that you'll probably throw the controller at the screen. Even worse, nothing in this game makes sense. The single player is a head scratching affair, the multiplayer continues to misregister hits (from bullets to tank shells), andBy far the worst Battlefileld in the series. The game lives up to none of the hype, using horrible physics, tons of rubber banding, and so many "wtf" moments that you'll probably throw the controller at the screen. Even worse, nothing in this game makes sense. The single player is a head scratching affair, the multiplayer continues to misregister hits (from bullets to tank shells), and even the kill cam consistently shifts to the wrong people. Even with all of the patches, the game is atrocious. 1/10. Expand
  22. Jun 16, 2014
    Definitely the absolute worst game i have ever played!

Definitely the absolute worst game i have ever played!

After watching all of the trailers and all of the hype up to the release date of battlefield 4 i finally got my copy of the game and put it into my Xbox one. The first thing i noticed is that the graphics are pure **** Every texture has this brownish tint to it, the view distance is awful and gives me a headache, and the lens flares are ugly and get in your face. Then i noticed how sloppy the game play is... it doesn't feel satisfying to get kills in the game because you get no feedback out of your hits and the vehicles are insanely sloppy yet overpowered as **** The tanks kill players across the map and you get killed as soon as you take off in a jet or helicopter. The glitches ruin the game and everything looks and feels unfinished. its pure overrated **** i prefer cod over this crap.
  23. Feb 3, 2016
    Prepare to play a game base on luck. The maps are too big, you never encounter someone in the first 3 minutes of your life. You always get shot in the back. 0/10
  24. Aug 28, 2015
    oh my geesus worst gaym i eva plaid in my fkin life this gaym sux so bad, not enuf like cod UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH FOR GOD SAKE IT'S SOOOOOOOO BADDDDDDDDDDD F*CK THIS F*CKING GAME TO F*CKING HELL!!! IT'S SO BAD OH MY GODDDDDDDD UGH UGH YES YES OH YEAH MMMMM FEELS SO GOOD- this game sucks dont buy it,buy cod
  25. Mar 31, 2016
    i think this game is the most anoyying thing i have ever watched my boyfriend play, The sound of people shouting at ech other over the mic is just not entertaning its full of ****
  26. Aug 30, 2014
    Fun game until you meet the people with hacks. Seriously, why do you want to cheat in this game? I would have given it a 10 but the hacks ruin it for everybody. It is the same with the pc version as well.
  27. Jan 3, 2015
    This game really could have been good, but DICE decided to screw it all up. From constant glitching and loss of save data during the campaign, to shoddy net code that causes cheap deaths online, this game is a total disaster.

Let's start with the campaign. I wanted to enjoy the campaign so badly, seeing as other Battlefield campaigns were extremely boring and too easy. So I chose hard mode and started it up. Literally nothing has changed from the past Battlefield games. Obviously awful A.I. that has pinpoint accuracy when in cover but runs into your gunfire like a bunch of lemmings. The glitches have also returned, causing my equipment, guns, and teammates to merge with the floor and disappear. In this one mission, this A.I. Chinese pedestrian was crossing the road and our car hit him, but we didn't hit him, he just morphed through the car with no collision whatsoever. Really DICE? And to top this all off, I turned my Xbox One off to go see my family and when I came back, my save data was gone. Yep, it just vanished into thin air. Wow. Thanks a lot DICE.

I don't even want to talk about how broken the multiplayer is in Battlefield 4. There's way too many problems to even note without going over the word limit, so I'll summarize. Battlefield 4's multiplayer only works when it wants to. I experience massive lag and rubber-banding online. Sometimes I'll shoot someone with a full clip of ammo, only to appear like five feet in front of him shooting a wall and he guns me down. Another thing, some vehicle setups are extremely overpowered and unstoppable unless you have like ten guys shooting rockets at it all at once. The pure stupidity of some players online baffles me. They'd rather try to run up to a tank, clearly shooting at them, rather than take it out with a rocket. Countless times I've lost rush matches because people refuse to take out tanks on the hill that keep slamming the objectives and killing everyone. Wow...

To sum it up, Battlefield 4 is a complete failure of a game. DICE, you can go shove it up your asses. Peace
  28. May 9, 2016
    garbage, plain and simple the worst battlefield I've ever played. Ive played battlefield since bad company 1 and this is the death of the series, they have completely ruined this game, sniping is ruined, the maps are **** garbage, the ONLY way to do well is to have premium, pay to win pay to win pay to win. It's just another piece of rushed EA garbage, and if your like me and only reallygarbage, plain and simple the worst battlefield I've ever played. Ive played battlefield since bad company 1 and this is the death of the series, they have completely ruined this game, sniping is ruined, the maps are **** garbage, the ONLY way to do well is to have premium, pay to win pay to win pay to win. It's just another piece of rushed EA garbage, and if your like me and only really enjoyed battlefield because it was the best sniping fps for a long time, prepare to be disappointed, all the maps are garbage for sniping, the snipers are weak unless you pay, oh and an ak47 can kill you from farther away, and faster than a sniper rifle now, thanks EA. I don't care how cheap this game is IT IS NOT WORTH IT, if your going to play an old game play modern 1 or bad company 2, not this piece of **** **** EA, and **** this rushed, pay to win, money grubbing, sniper ruining POS game. spend your money on ANYTHING else and you'll be much much happier, Im as sad as you are that this series has been ruined, but it started going downhill in battlefield 3 when there was a 60 dollar dlc that should've just been included int he game, I realized it was all going to be downhill. And honestly can you think of a series that EA hasn't ruined? Fifa-ruined, nhl-ruined, madden-ruined, all the EA big games-gone, pvz-ruined, battlefield-ruined, battlefront-ruined, ufc-was never all that great but they still somehow made it worse, need for speed-ruined. the only games they have left to ruin are peggle, dead space, titanfall, and dragon age (which had in game purchases in the last one so thats probably going downhill in to the ea money pit). I guess in summary, DONT BUY THIS GAME, its the worst shooter I have played in the last few years, it's pretty obvious they put about 30 minutes of effort into this game, I guess if you enjoy, pay to win, sniper free spawn camping wars (since the maps were designed by 4 year olds) you will love this game Expand
  29. Jan 9, 2017
    Les Battletrons se suivent et se ressemblent, à croire que la photocopieuse est restée bloquée en mode rafale. Sauf qu'au lancement, le multi n'était pas avare en bugs multiples, la faute on s'en doute à une sortie précipitée d'un jeu pas fini dont l'éditeur Electronic Arts a le secret et la fâcheuse habitude dans son catalogue de jeux à kévins, plus occupé sur les DLC que sur la finition.Les Battletrons se suivent et se ressemblent, à croire que la photocopieuse est restée bloquée en mode rafale. Sauf qu'au lancement, le multi n'était pas avare en bugs multiples, la faute on s'en doute à une sortie précipitée d'un jeu pas fini dont l'éditeur Electronic Arts a le secret et la fâcheuse habitude dans son catalogue de jeux à kévins, plus occupé sur les DLC que sur la finition.

Le multi-joueurs donc, corrigé plus ou moins depuis à force de patchs nombreux, reste fidèle à lui-même, à savoir un nid de campeurs et de tricheurs, une prise en main des véhicules erratique et une confusion ambiante permanente, bref, de la merde.

Le solo copie ce que l'on fait chez Activitron mais en plus beau, ce qui ne le rend pas moins ennuyeux ni moins crétin, bien au contraire. Si les environnements sont parfois assez grands, il ne s'agit pas d'un monde ouvert mais d'un couloir scripté justement calibré pour en mettre plein les mirettes ; les graphismes splendides et l'environnement sonore travaillé nous font regretter que cette maîtrise technique ne soit pas mise au service d'un jeu digne de ce nom. Mais qui sait, un jour peut-être.

1. Apr 16, 2014
    It may be disappointing to some that Battlefield 4's single player doesn't live up to a hill of beans, but what they did accomplish with the impressive multiplayer mode is something special that cannot be duplicated even by Activision's mighty series.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    Business as usual with a mediocre single-player campaign and one of the best multiplayer experiences in all gaming – and at last one that works just as well on consoles as on PC.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    The score is given on trust, because at the moment you might not get into an online match even after several attempts, not to mention other bugs and graphic glitches. An upcoming patch should resolve most of the problems, but right now the bugs are still there and the single player is really weak. Multiplayer, instead, is the usual blast and the new modes, new maps and 64 players in Conquest mode are simply great.