6.5

1. Nov 26, 2013
    The good:
    .impressive next gen graphics that blow you away
    .loads of destructibility from destroying a wall to destroying a building .loads of vehicle combat to enhance the experience .all maps are pretty good .loads of weapons to choose from The bad: .can not customize your loadout outside of a game .problem with game crashing when loading some maps .a problem with audio if you
    The good:
    .impressive next gen graphics that blow you away
    .loads of destructibility from destroying a wall to destroying a building
    .loads of vehicle combat to enhance the experience
    .all maps are pretty good
    .loads of weapons to choose from
    The bad:
    .can not customize your loadout outside of a game
    .problem with game crashing when loading some maps
    .a problem with audio if you respawn in a vehicle
    .cant go in a game with a party of friends you have to join session to play with friends
  2. Mar 8, 2014
    This game will have reviews that generally fall into two categories. Online and campaign or offline. To be honest if your not interested in online. This game is not for you.

Battlefield 4 is all about the multiplayer online first person shooter match ups. If your into that kind of stuff and that's all your into, this game is for you. It has added vehicles, like jets, boats, and tanks. You can destroy walls and such. You can play different roles as soldiers. Some 32 vs 32 match ups. The high ratings for this game are from fans of it's online experiences.

If your looking for an offline experience, or a campaign or story mode. Avoid this game at all costs. It's dynamic story consist of what is basically a tutorial, and it's main language is profanity. Some for dramatic emphasis is good. But all the time gets old fast. It's campaign mode is pathetically short and unimaginative.

So if your buying this game for online multiplayer first person shooter, I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

If your looking for a great campaign mode shooter, this game is a 3.
  3. Apr 28, 2014
    Good game, but not very.

The gameplay is ok, but it lacks variety. It would've been nice to have something else besides loads of enemies and some tanks here and there. It got boring for me at some point. The story doesn't help a lot either. It's not bad, due to the characters, but it lacks a captivating narrative. The graphics are good however. With minor glitchy exceptions here
    Good game, but not very.

The graphics are good however. With minor glitchy exceptions here and there, the graphics feel next-gen.

I was not interested in multiplayer so I cannot really comment on that.
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    score would be higher but those bugs...they have improved since the latest update but not all or completely clear. when it does work it's brilliant, really good, far better than cod. the score would be higher if it wasn't for those bugs.
  5. Feb 3, 2014
    Eh.

The story is extremely buggy - my saves have been wiped - twice. It really isn't all that fun anyways, and it is extremely short. Thankfully there is some diversity in between this linear game. Story: 6. It picks up with the multiplayer, but it still doesn't provide memories like the times I had in BF3. Plus, even on Xbox One, the next-gen console, it still crashes. A lot.
    Eh.

It picks up with the multiplayer, but it still doesn't provide memories like the times I had in BF3. Plus, even on Xbox One, the next-gen console, it still crashes. A lot. Multiplayer: 6.

Other stuff? Despite the game's flaws, Frostbite 3 and the graphics are astounding; completely amazing. Constant crahes are lowering my review by at least a point. Overall: 7

DICE, next time, if you don't release a game that's still in beta, you might have better reviews. Overall: 6
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    Single Player- 7.5/10. quite a bit better than bf3's, but still lackluster in my opinion. very linear in most parts, and very few chances to drive vehicles.
    Multiplayer- 8/10. when it works, very fun. sadly, that is not a common occurence. lag, rubberbanding, disconnecting, one hit deaths, and frame drops are just some of the problems currently in the game.
    Graphics-9/10. vastly superior
    Graphics-9/10. vastly superior to xbox 360 overall, and at 64 players and 60 FPS (even though it frequently drops below that, usually during levolution)
    Sound- 8.5/10. very good sound quality overall, but i feel it is a step down from BF3, especially the gun sound effects (DMR's, i am looking at you).
    Fun Factor- 8/10. this game can be very fun at times, but the problems seriously detract from that fun.
    Score: 7/10
  7. Jan 4, 2014
    i'll keep this short and to the point Battlefield 4 is a good game not great and not bad but just good the campaign is noticably better than Battlefield 3s but the massive number of bugs and glitchs and crashes in both campaign and multiplayer prevent me from giving this a very high score which is really unfortunate because i was going to give this a 10/10 but i can't do that because ii'll keep this short and to the point Battlefield 4 is a good game not great and not bad but just good the campaign is noticably better than Battlefield 3s but the massive number of bugs and glitchs and crashes in both campaign and multiplayer prevent me from giving this a very high score which is really unfortunate because i was going to give this a 10/10 but i can't do that because i would be lieing like all the other idiots who give this a 10/10 this game isn't finished fix this now DICE and EA NOW!!! until they fix this stay clear of this game for now after a few patches it will be fixed but for now do not buy Expand
  8. Jan 11, 2014
    I hate to do this but I'm giving this game a 6. I've been a long standing Battlefield fan and owned every game since BF1942. However, this game isn't only disappointing it is insulting. I own two versions of BF 4 one for the PC and the other for X1. The PC version is everything that BF is meant to be. The X1 version is everything it shouldn't be. These problems stem from a rushedI hate to do this but I'm giving this game a 6. I've been a long standing Battlefield fan and owned every game since BF1942. However, this game isn't only disappointing it is insulting. I own two versions of BF 4 one for the PC and the other for X1. The PC version is everything that BF is meant to be. The X1 version is everything it shouldn't be. These problems stem from a rushed production and it is completely EA's fault (no wonder they are facing massive lawsuits). The typical player can expect to experience issues ranging from lag to client failures. this game crashes constantly and majority of all bugs have a 50 - 100% repeatability, which means they will occur at least half of the time. Minor issues are abundant and show stoppers or critical errors are just as numerous.

If you are planing on purchasing this game for X1, I recommend that you either wait until major issues are addressed or you buy it for the PC. As I mentioned previously, the PC version is polished and has fewer issues.
  9. Dec 18, 2013
    I wish i could give this more, as from what I've played is outstanding, but the online is still shocking, from not being able to join games or randomly crashing back to xbox home, game randomly dropping sound. i've come to expect problems with battlefield launches unfortunately but they are normally resolved with in a week or two. Dice really do need to do something to apologise i weekendI wish i could give this more, as from what I've played is outstanding, but the online is still shocking, from not being able to join games or randomly crashing back to xbox home, game randomly dropping sound. i've come to expect problems with battlefield launches unfortunately but they are normally resolved with in a week or two. Dice really do need to do something to apologise i weekend of double xp doesn't really cut it... Expand
  10. Dec 14, 2013
    The game is beautiful. If only it worked. I waited to review this until after the update, (which, for me, fixed nothing). The Campaign is well crafted and fun, what I played of it. Unfortunately the campaign can crash, losing all your saves. And when it doesn't crash during game play..the saves get corrupted anyway. Multiplayer, is a blast, unfortunately, this also crashes. That is..itThe game is beautiful. If only it worked. I waited to review this until after the update, (which, for me, fixed nothing). The Campaign is well crafted and fun, what I played of it. Unfortunately the campaign can crash, losing all your saves. And when it doesn't crash during game play..the saves get corrupted anyway. Multiplayer, is a blast, unfortunately, this also crashes. That is..it crashes when it works. I haven't been able to play all week, either I crash or I don't get into a lobby. I did have a couple good days of only crashing..where I got to sample Conquest...which was AMAZING, but again, that was a short period of time. Most of my time with the game has been spent trying to get into it and retracing steps in Campaign. Although, I have given up on the Campaign. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2014
    Love the multiplayer, there are new vehicles, guns, attachments, commander, frostbite 3 levolution and great graphics that suit the great multiplayer.... BUT the campaign sucks and is boring and dont even save sometimes and gets rid of my dat on there and i never find a match because of dice's horrible servers. Besides that ... BOSS
  12. Jan 10, 2014
    BF4 isn't remarkably different from its predecessor, but is still a winning formula. There are some truly epic moments to be had in BF4, far more so than in BF3. For example, the moment you realise that the building you are sniping from is about to collapse or when you notice a storm working its way in onto an archipelago before an enormous battleship hits the island. Many criticise theseBF4 isn't remarkably different from its predecessor, but is still a winning formula. There are some truly epic moments to be had in BF4, far more so than in BF3. For example, the moment you realise that the building you are sniping from is about to collapse or when you notice a storm working its way in onto an archipelago before an enormous battleship hits the island. Many criticise these events as being scripted and pointless, but I have to disagree. Whilst not only being epic to watch, they change the play style of the map (or at least partly).

The map design is some of the best I've seen in the BF series with maps like Golmud Railway, Paracel Storm and Seige of Shanghai offering to suit a good variety of play styles and encouraging strategic thinking. The Frostbite engine is ever better, with many buildings being fully destructible, but without making you end up playing on a flat map without any features. If you loved BF3, you will love BF4.

The classes have been better balanced, with recon now having access to C4 and zeroing of rifles now being a possibility. Assault now feels less confined to infantry only maps whilst Support and Engineers remain vital to any squad.

Vehicles feel a little outbalanced. Firing a tank shell in someones face rarely results in an instant kill, attack helicopters feel flimsy and the AH-60's feel overpowered. However, these issues annoy rather than upset the balance of the game.

The graphics are awe inspiring with some maps really showing off the remarkable engine (Paracel Storm in particular). Whilst I've not played this game on any other platform other than the 360, I can safely say you will not be disappointed with the visuals.

Personally I enjoyed the SP campaign, although the story is weak, the missions are well varied and fun to play.

In summary, the game is evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, and feels like BF3.5. But the thing that stops this game getting a higher score, is the frustration of the bugs, crashes, DICE's appalling servers and the fact that you're paying about £100 if you want to include Premium. It is frustrating that such games are released unfinished at this price tag when more stable pre-alphas are available at a quarter of the price (Day Z anyone?), and until this game becomes more stable, I cannot justify rating it higher. If you can tolerate the frustration of all this, buy it, otherwise hold off until EA / DICE fix the game properly.
  13. Feb 25, 2014
    Although a very promising game, battlefield 4 tries to ride the wave of success that bf3 had by not changing much, which is very irritating. Next gen consoles provide excellent graphics. The campaign is your typical battlefield campaign, kinda boring, and overall not that great. The multiplayer, although looking and playing very good, has many bugs, glitches, and lag issues. This would beAlthough a very promising game, battlefield 4 tries to ride the wave of success that bf3 had by not changing much, which is very irritating. Next gen consoles provide excellent graphics. The campaign is your typical battlefield campaign, kinda boring, and overall not that great. The multiplayer, although looking and playing very good, has many bugs, glitches, and lag issues. This would be a minor issue if the game hadn't had an open beta, which it did. With each of the fixes DICE puts out for the game, a new problem seems to appear. The rest of the game is basically what you would expect on next gen battlefield.

Overall, while it is a good standalone game, bf4, even on next gen, is a bit of a downgrade compared to the revolutionary bf3. Not bad by any means, but a bit of a weak next gen jump IMO.

At least it isn't Ghosts...
  14. Feb 12, 2014
    Its multiplier is fun but the single player is horrible the characters are the most annoying and they give you a false seance of secrty when running in to combat you cant be stealthy you have to run to the battle you cant snipe its just easier to run in now multiplier its okay but you play some maps but like two maps always get picked no voting you can look for the server but theirs soIts multiplier is fun but the single player is horrible the characters are the most annoying and they give you a false seance of secrty when running in to combat you cant be stealthy you have to run to the battle you cant snipe its just easier to run in now multiplier its okay but you play some maps but like two maps always get picked no voting you can look for the server but theirs so many so quick match is your only option its okay but it seems that people like camping its like its intentional DON'T TOUCH SINGLE PLAYER THE KNIVES ARE NOT WORTH IT play some good multilayer battle packs are a good idea no micro transactions so ea didn't mess up this time as much its better then cod ghosts multiplier more chaos more fun Expand
  15. Mar 19, 2014
    EA servers= doodoo. That's really all that can be said. The game had a myriad of bugs at launch that have been fixed but lag still persists. And let's not forget one of the worst server browsers in history: "Oh sweet this game has only 46 people in it. Wait...why am I in a damned queue then?!"
  16. May 5, 2014
    Same old Battlefield, just a different year. People complain about COD never changing year after year; but Battlefield takes time between releases and it's still the same boring, campy, pixelated, overabundance of useless weapon shooter. It's no more fun than Peggle 2.
  17. Jan 12, 2015
    Keeping this short, the strong point and most favorable part of this game is Multiplayer.

The campaign is fun, but very glitchy and after completing it on the hardest difficulty and collecting all dog tags and weapons, was mysteriously deleted and when I went back to campaign, everything was reset. The multiplayer was initially buggy, but now BF4's mulitplayer is still looking

The multiplayer was initially buggy, but now BF4's mulitplayer is still looking beautiful and is still having me go back to play more and more.

But unfortunately, back when I purchased this game in 2013, this was easily the buggiest mess I've ever seen, and I can not forget the troubles I had with this game.

I give BF4 a 5.9/10, because the multiplayer is the only thing that held this game up. Without MP, this game would of been a disaster.
  18. Jun 20, 2015
    The graphics and animations are perfect plus it is a very addictive game to play. There is not enough variety of good guns, everyone uses the same which is why I have 10 Service Stars on the M416 Assault Rifle.
  19. Dec 11, 2014
    This game rightfully deserves its bad reviews due to how long it took EA and Dice to fix the piles of glitches it had upon release (about 8 months before it was all fixed). The DLC was lackluster, and didn't really feel worth the $40 for premium.

However, they really stepped it up recently, even though there was very little incentive for EA and Dice to try so hard so late after release once the game had been reviewed so badly. This game is definitely worth the money, especially at this point. Vehicular gameplay is the best I've ever seen, and 64 player multiplayer is always exciting.

I was once unsatisfied, but they've officially redeemed themselves, sort of. I will be buying Hardline, and Battlefield 5.

5.5/10
  20. Nov 2, 2015
    Battlefield 4 looks good at sight, however it can be very boring.

PROS
    -Nice gunplay
    -Great graphics

CONS
    -boring story
    -Slow repetitive gameplay from time to time
  21. Nov 12, 2014
    More fun than COD due to increased variation, and has more interesting and fun gameplay...

But as usual, problems. Firstly, the unlocking mechanic. Again, some weapons are objectively better. The SAR 21 seems to dominate, for instance. In Arena shooters, this is fine because they are pick ups, but in BF you can spawn in with the SAR 21. This leads to many guns being ignored because

But as usual, problems.

Firstly, the unlocking mechanic. Again, some weapons are objectively better. The SAR 21 seems to dominate, for instance. In Arena shooters, this is fine because they are pick ups, but in BF you can spawn in with the SAR 21. This leads to many guns being ignored because they are just worthless. Furthermore, do we really need 4 aesthetic variations of the same attachment just so you can pretend you have more content? I usually don't talk about technical or network issues, but considering theys till haven't been fixed after all this time, I feel oblidged too.

The campaign is shoddy, to say the least, but to make it even worse the game keeps deleting your save file so you have to start again. There are consistent network issues related to poor netcode, as far as I am aware. These are just a few of the bugs.
    Not a bug so much as a mistake, but there are many area's where terrain doesn't appear to be placed right and you can see through it. Again, developers don't rush the games. If you need time, take it.

Overall, a pretty good game, held back by a poor campaign, shoddy netcode and many problems inherent to the modern military shooter genre
  22. Nov 12, 2014
    This game had a really rough start. That is why I did not rate this higher.
    It was a good game overall though; the multiplayer and campaign.
    After all of the patches and DLC came out, it made this game better than it was at launch. Still very disappointing that EA decided to not only release this early, but the fact how it took DICE over 6+ months to finally fix most problems
    This game had a really rough start. That is why I did not rate this higher.
    It was a good game overall though; the multiplayer and campaign.

Still very disappointing that EA decided to not only release this early, but the fact how it took DICE over 6+ months to finally fix most problems associated with this game.
  23. Nov 30, 2014
    I was never a fan of the Battlefield series, but even 360, Battlefield 3 is very pleased. However, the fourth just brought something new to the series. The multiplayer battles very spectacular, but nothing worthwhile novelty. However, the campaign was the same crap as before.
  24. Mar 20, 2015
    This game is decent. But I feel like that they've just done Battlefield 3 all over again and put the odd gun in and just different maps. It's too putative. But that is just what I think.
  25. May 1, 2015
    Basically Battlefield 3 with different maps, Battlefield's multiplayer mode isn't improved on any level, the campaign is not compelling at all and visually it is not on a next-gen level, really not.
  26. Jun 2, 2015
    The game is great huge map if you want to play conquest but xbox version is riddled with a bunch of call of duty fans who go in guns blazing and not thinking tactically. I also don't like how some guns shoot as far as snipers.... The game is real fun if you want to play for fun you can do that too it is an all round great game but of course the story is bad....
  27. Jun 9, 2015
    The actual game play and muliplayer works pretty well. IT DID NOT work well at launch.

That being said, I have had my campaign progress erased TWICE for reasons UNKNOWN.

This was really disheartening, and I never got a straight answer from EA. I was REALLY mad about that.
  28. Jun 28, 2015
    this is just not a good battlefield game to begin with. the battle packs ruin the game as you have to get them to get the attachments and cameos you want in the game but its at random you don't get to choose what you want. other than that the maps are kind of boring including the dlc ones as well the guns in the game. the menus are kind of unorganized and the 64 player conquest multiplayerthis is just not a good battlefield game to begin with. the battle packs ruin the game as you have to get them to get the attachments and cameos you want in the game but its at random you don't get to choose what you want. other than that the maps are kind of boring including the dlc ones as well the guns in the game. the menus are kind of unorganized and the 64 player conquest multiplayer can get boring after a while. it feels like this game was made just for that game mode which makes the other game modes less fun. i think i will go back to bf3 on the Xbox 360 and i actually find that game more fun than this game. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2015

Multiplayer:
    - AWESOME GRAPHICS
    - 64 PLAYER MATCHES
    - AWESOME MAPS
    - LEVOLUTION'S COOL, THOUGH NOT PERFECT.
    - COULD'VE USED MORE DISTRUCTION INSTEAD OF SOMETIMES BANAL LEVOLUTION
  30. Jan 7, 2016
    A game with many pretensions , a very short and lacking in charisma campaign mode, but that if a good playable management and a comprehensive online, recommended if you like more complete shooter

1. Apr 16, 2014
    It may be disappointing to some that Battlefield 4's single player doesn't live up to a hill of beans, but what they did accomplish with the impressive multiplayer mode is something special that cannot be duplicated even by Activision's mighty series.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    Business as usual with a mediocre single-player campaign and one of the best multiplayer experiences in all gaming – and at last one that works just as well on consoles as on PC.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    The score is given on trust, because at the moment you might not get into an online match even after several attempts, not to mention other bugs and graphic glitches. An upcoming patch should resolve most of the problems, but right now the bugs are still there and the single player is really weak. Multiplayer, instead, is the usual blast and the new modes, new maps and 64 players in Conquest mode are simply great.