6.3

1. Nov 24, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is every bit as deep as it is beautiful. Some of the best graphics on consoles to date. The multiplayer still serves as the bread and butter, although you can tell DICE are trying to advance their efforts at telling a story. To that end, they've still got plenty of room to grow. That doesn't mean the campaign is totally forgettable, you just don't ever feel like it truly grabs you. Yet multiplayer is the where Battlefield has always pushed the envelope, and in its fourth iteration (six if you count Bad Company), you can see where all the elements of a smooth and thought-out competitive matchmaking beast come together to formulate what ends up being almost the perfect shooter. Almost. At launch, the matchmaking system is a bit wonky and the lobby can so easily be missed. Add to that little to no guidance on how the game works, and new players can quickly get overwhelmed or totally lost. There is a private practice mode so to speak, but it only gives you opportunity to hone skills in flight or other vehicles, not teach you how to use them. To that end, Battlefield misses a huge opportunity to dominate the early launch lineup and keeps other shooters like Ghosts in the conversation for best FPS experience. When it comes right down to it, this should be the best but DICE need to work to iron out the wrinkles in what is otherwise a fantastic game, because the massive online shooter space is about to get a lot of company with the likes of TitanFall, The Division, and Destiny hitting these consoles come 2014. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    I'll keep this short a simple. Having put a good amount of time in with the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4, and many hours playing Battlefield 3 on ultra on PC, I have to say I am absolutely blown away by the Battlefield experience on offer on Xbox One. The controls are silky smooth at 60fps and the graphics are absolutely next-gen. If you have been wondering if Xbox One could handle the full Battlefield experience, look no further, Battlefield 4 on Xbox One is a knockout. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2013
    The menus are a bit glitchy and could be better. As well the game deleted my save and needs to be patched so ppl dont lose their single player progress. Besides that its perfect
  4. Dec 21, 2013
    The most appallingly bug ridden half finished game I've ever bought. Maybe in 3 months it will be patched to a stable release quality. Literally every aspect of the game is broken for me.
    Deleted save files
    Can't join servers
    Rubber banding on ever online game
    Fxf glitches
    Sound cuts
    Black screen
    Crashes
    Shocking quality
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    Running at 60 fps, this game looks amazing and the smoothness is what makes it feel next gen. Still a few bugs with servers since it has just come out, but hopefully they will ironed out! If you are looking for a game that requires a bit more thinking compared to your run and fun style of call if duty, definitely pick up battlefield 4.
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    The good: .impressive next gen graphics that blow you away .loads of destructibility from destroying a wall to destroying a building .loads of vehicle combat to enhance the experience .all maps are pretty good .loads of weapons to choose from The bad: .can not customize your loadout outside of a game .problem with game crashing when loading some maps .a problem with audio if you respawn in a vehicle
    .cant go in a game with a party of friends you have to join session to play with friends
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    Speaking to the multiplayer only its Absolutely Amazing. 64 players 60fps on a massive scale is simply gorgeous and this game alone makes makes next gen worth the admission. You and 31 buddies charging into battle with tanks, boats, jets, and Helicopters creates a gaming experience thats never been seen before on console. Team play is a must to do well, and its just so rewarding when your team/squad succeed. Don't miss this game if you are a fan of FPS. Expand
  8. Nov 25, 2013
    I do not understand how this game has a user score of 6.6, that is absolutely ridiculous. If you are a fan of the series, buy this goddamn game. The step up from last gen to the new gen is remarkable. Everything from graphics to gameplay (60 fps for consoles) to sound is much much more immersive and enjoyable. This new hardware allows for a very strong overall multiplayer experience that has sooooo many hours just waiting to played through (9.5). While the campaign mode is still not "excellent", it is three times that of battlefield 3 and is definitely worth a play through (actual character development). I give it an 8.0. Overall the game is a multiplayer game, so the 5-ish hour cinematic campaign is essentially an entertaining hardware showcase, but once you dive into the 64 player madness through the power of the internet, you will nearly drown.
    9/10 Overall.
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    Finally a next gen game on console! For those on the fence between COD or Battlefield, I have to say to give this one a shot. I HATED BF3 because of the "floaty" controls, but the transition to a rock solid 60 FPS has totally fixed that. It plays great and looks amazing. BTW there is NO LAG, so you won't be killed over and over by some tool with a great connection over and over. This game is made so you can play any way you want (sniper, run and gun, whatever) and not get spawn killed over and over like other games *cough* callofduty *cough* games. I'm not a COD hater by the way, it's just very "arcadey" to me. BF4 truly rewards you for sticking together as a squad. And the addition of Battlepacks adds that grinding reward that us RPG people love. Battle packs are basically a suitcase that has 3 random items like attachments or paint jobs that you can earn every few levels. Long story short, there are a ton of improvements with how this franchise plays. The upgrades that the Xbox One offers, literally make this game play the way it was INTENDED to be played. BTW the 360 version is hot garbage (30fps, and muddy EVERYTHING!) Expand
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    Loved this game on Xbox 360 and rarely had many problems other than when I first joined a room on Dawn Breaker and another map (can't real call name something resort) that it would crash other that was awesome. So I was excited to buy this game again for my Xbox One......What a bad judgement call there, granted the game is more beautiful than I could have imagined it was going to be, but there is no hardcore servers and that's all I play and to top it off when I do break down to play Normal Mode it crashes every other map literally to the Xbox One Dashboard.....And if that's still not enough when I go to play campaign it keeps putting me back to the beginning......Word of Advice the game will be super in a month or two when they actually finish it.......Til than save your money. Expand
  11. Nov 27, 2013
    The strong:
    -Fantastic Graphics: I was truly blown away when I played my first mission. Compressed online videos do not do the visuals for this game any justics. The one downside is poor anti-aliasing, but its only noticeable when you're in a small room filled with surfaces that have straight lines. the lighting and textures are impressive!
    -Immersive Gameplay: Every shooter should
    aspire to be like this game. It truly is a combat simulator, and its FUN! Big matches are addicting, guns respond realistically, and the overall experience is VERY rewarding! I'm a big COD player but I have to say this game is incredibly addicting.

The mediocre:
    -Story leaves much to be desired: the story, although visually stunning with a few fun sequences, is far too short and too predictable. Every sequence seems to turn into a front-line assault. For example, a mission where you need to use "stealth" to escape a prison ends up being a full-on blitz. Its also far too easy, I beat it on hard first try and I didnt die more than 10 times.
    -Not a fan of the Levelling system: the multiplayer soldier progression is slightly restricted, with different classes limited to using certain weapons. I haven't levelled a whole lot; maybe this will change. but being COD player, I'm used to full customization

The Bad:
    -Glitchy and faulty: after playing through 3 hours straight of the campaign, I came back the next day only to find out I had lost all my progress. I had to play the entire game in one sitting to be sure I didnt lose my progress. Also, the best game mode (conquest) continually crashes, and sometimes the game crashes in the initial loading screen. These problems are patchable, and I am not bringing them into account for the score, but annoying nonetheless.
  12. Dec 2, 2013
    The graphics are better than XB360 versions, but not a huge leap (except for framerate, which is a very nice and noticeable difference).

New game modes are fun and come closer to some of the competitive game modes I like in CoD. Conquest game mode is still the standby favorite.

Single player campaign is predictably badly written and acted, although graphically very pretty in parts. A
    throwaway several hours when your friends aren't online, but one really shouldn't rate the game on this.

Multiplayer is the same great that the usual BF games are, and 64 player maps make for a huge fantastic addition. Equipment progression is slowed somewhat, but I'm ok with that, as it was comically fast in past releases. I welcome the return of commander slots, although in hardcore games the contribution is limited. An evolutionary change from BF3 (other than the huge change of 64 player maps), but mostly good changes.

All in all, this is probably a 8/10 game, but 9/10 for being the best game at Xbox One release, and probably the only one worth playing until March 2014.
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4, the hallmark blockbuster of DICE studios, is a fun game. In the time I've played, I've beat the game on hard, and ranked Division 1 for worldwide skill. Had some fun times with friends, and I've even made some youtube videos using the game DVR on the XBox One.

With all that said, this game is a disaster. The campaign is a waste of time, the storytelling is a trainwreck
    and the characters are all stereotyped annoyances. It's not particularly long, nor does it ever switch things up. It's sole purpose is to show off the frostbite 3 graphics, which as it happens are good but not impressive. I wouldn't rank it in the top 3 of launch titles. I'm a huge graphics enthusiast and I simply cannot see the appeal of it's colorless and uninspired visuals. The fact that people are still praising this game for its graphics boggles my mind.

That said, the only thing this game has left to its credit is multiplayer, which is virtually non-existent even after a month post-release. Simply finding a server that you can join is an arduous task, and nearly half the matches you search for are the wrong game mode. The lag is horrendous, it's even worse on PS4 and PC from what I've played. The maps are mostly good, but the same maps are used for all the game modes, and every mode has that one map that simply doesn't work for the mode.

Technical difficulties aside, the multiplayer itself is poorly designed. The 64 player mode is especially bad, as it exposes and exaggerates every problem with the game. The lag is worse, it exposes how horrendously overpowered the sniper rifle is (if you look at the leaderboards, you'll notice that 99% of the top players are predominantly snipers. There's a reason for that, it is NOT a coincidence). Travel times exaggerate spawning problems. You either squad spawn with a 50/50 chance of dying instantaneously, or you spawn at a base and take the extra 3 minutes travel time. Either way, the penalty for death is too great. When you're actually in the action, the game is more of a than a controlled match of skill. The destruction is cool but doesn't help this problem. The 20 player matches are much better because the smaller scale doesn't expose these incredible issues as much.

Frankly, every aspect of the game that isn't directly related to the frostbite 3 engine is terrible. The game's above average graphics and fan following are keeping it afloat, but the current product does not perform as promised and I wish the lawsuit against it the best of luck while BF4 staggers onward in this drunken stupor of mediocrity.

Its been years since I've played a great multiplayer shooter and BF4 doesn't come close to meeting my expectations, so it looks like I'm still waiting for one. I hope the days of multiplayer shooters aren't doomed to this repetitive, lackluster, and unimaginative grind of re-releases.
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is the final straw for me as a gamer! It's unfinished! Had enough! Hanging up my controller until a company can make a game that's finished! Avoid this! 50 quid for a bf3 dlc!!!!!!1
  15. Dec 13, 2013
    If you liked bf3. Then you will love this. Definitely feels next gen. Feels very fluid and looks stunning, multiplayer graphics just as good as singleplayer. Really happy really impressed. Ive been reading a lot about problems but i honestly haven't had many, my singleplayer save got deleted and i have to start again, but this happens on all platforms, even PC. But muliplayer is why im here and multiplayer works perfect for me played over a 100 games. Definite 1st buy for any xbox one imo. Expand
  16. Nov 24, 2013
    Game is in perfect working order on xbox one. Ps4 version doesnt work properly. 32v32 player matches wont loads, and psn doesmt cooperate with bf4 at all. Xbox one all the way. Bf4 is good. If a little similar to bf3. Improvements are welcome and destruction is back to bfbc 2 standard. Little buldings collapse and so on. Great game.... aslomg as you have the xbox one version.
  17. Nov 24, 2013
    First game I've ever bought along with a premium account.
    Yes, it's that good. Until you've experienced 64 people playing along side, you can't truly appreciate this game. The upgrade to Xbox One is night and day. Battlefield was always great because of the vehicles. Nothing like hopping on a chopper and riding into battle. Weapon kits are an added bonus. You got 4 classes with
    individual sub-classes: Assault Medic
    The good: epic battles, weapon attachments, combat kits
    The bad: occasional hiccups from the servers
  18. Dec 4, 2013
    Its been out for over 2 weeks on Xbone, and it's still broken. then EA and DICE have the balls to release DLC before fixing the original game. The only reason I purchased this "game" was because my 2 friends wanted to try it. Wll we are now trading the game in and switching to CoD. You would think that the support would be better for PC, and the next gen consoles, yet EA and DICE once again push out a barely beta quality product and expect the consumer to test it. It should have been named Work In Progress 4: Give us your money.
    Do you wallet a favor and pass on this game and any future Battlefield games produced by EA and DICE. Or at least wait 6 months for most of the issues to be worked out.

I would say the campaign is nice, but I lost my game save halfway through, so enough said.
    I would say it looks good, but graphical errors and getting stuck inside of a black box building with no doors is not fun.
    I would say multiplayer was fun, but choosing Rush and getting put into a Team Deathmatch before crashing to the home screen is all I can seem to get out of this worthless game.

In my opinion, save your money and buy a real game
  19. Dec 7, 2013
    EA/DICE shipped a broken game, simply to beat COD to market.
    Constant crash to home screens, laggy servers and buggy weapon damage.
    Not acceptable.
    Each BF release seems to be getting worse than the previous release.

Take your time and FIX THE GAME DICE.
  20. Dec 2, 2013
    This game isn't being played by almost anyone for the campaign, it is for the multiplayer. If you are a CoD convert like myself it'll take some getting used to, but once you do it is a whole new world. 64 man battles that can involve regular gun play, then add in the ability to have vehicles on land, sea and air nothing touches this. That and the graphics are mighty impressive for a game ported essentially from a last gen system to the new Xbox. Sure there are some issues with server stability and a few others you will find about on message boards, but overall I can't tell you the last time I've had this much fun playing an online shooter, great first attempt by DICE on the new Xbox and I can't wait for what's in store. Expand
  21. Dec 28, 2013
    Levolution is amazing....separates multiplayer from any other before it. Visuals and sounds are stunning. Some early server problems but since have been sorted. GREAT game!!
  22. Nov 24, 2013
    Such an improvement from the 360 version, Absolutely amazing graphics, 60 frames per second throughout. Can't fault it. One of the best battlefield campaigns too, lots of customization on the weapons and vehicles.
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    Great looking game but isn't finished.

I'll start with the campaign which appears to have been written at the pub in 10 minutes like BF3's campaign. Did someone get paid for this or did they just get a 12 year old to come up with it during lunch time?

As you may guess it is utter garbage. It looks very pretty but if your idea of fun is to run down a corridor triggering the next set
    of soldiers hiding behind barrels for 4 hours then maybe you will like it. It does have a few vehicle sections which are quite good but they only last a few minutes each.

Multiplayer
    I am sure the Multiplayer will be excellent when they finish making it in a few months, and it is when it works, which sadly is not all that often. Crashes are numerous, bugs are everywhere. There is supposed to be a new engine but it looks identical to BF3, all the vehicle and soldier models are the same as BF3, the sounds are the same and they are releasing the same maps from BF3 as DLC! What were Dice doing for 2 years?

In the credits I noticed there is a QA section. I don't think they will get another job after this!
  24. Dec 28, 2013
    Honestly, I'm looking at the low user score for this game, and I just can't help but think a number of those scores were from people who play Call of Duty all the time.

This game is actually quite fun, though yes, it does have bugs and the occasional connection error but nothing game breaking for me. I have yet to beat the campaign, but I'm already certain I'll beat it in a few hours.
    Battlefield was originally a multiplayer-only title, so about them adding a campaign when they didn't have to is kinda pointless. The game looks gorgeous, too, and it's a fun FPS title. The bullet physics are probably the most realistic I've seen in any shooter, especially with sniping. The vehicles are pretty fun to use, despite helicopters being my Achilles Heel, as I have yet to operate one without instantly crashing and burning. Not much else to say, it's fun, it's gorgeous, has a few issues here and there, but overall, I give it a 9. It's a good, solid FPS title that far surpasses Call of Duty Ghosts.

Did I mention it has destructible environments?
  25. Dec 24, 2013
    When it comes to making an improvement from the previous gen to the next gen, this is a game that made the best improvement. First game I happened to not really pay attention to the multiplayer game but took notice of how smooth the game ran and also how much better the graphics looked.

There are a few bugs still needed to be fixed but other than that, DICE won the next gen upgrade
    against COD and other games. Expand
  26. Dec 31, 2013
    Want bugs, you name it, this game has them. -Failure to find servers -Lockups -Kicks you out of the game, randomly -Glitches (like in Halo) -Poor game physics -Server full errors -Won't let you in games -Quick match Conquest is regularly broken. -and its latest trick, you lose all experience and weapon unlocks. -In game chat does not work properly Not to mention most of the greatest content costs extra to download and unlock. Now let's talk specifics.

Campaign:
    Is broken. My progress was never saved. I played it the first day for almost 2 hours and then had to leave it. The next time I played it had lost all of my progress and I had to sit through the terrible underwater jeep/truck sequence. Again I played it for an hour and shut the game off. The next time I came back it had lost all my progress again.

Multiplayer:
    Plenty of issues here. If and when the game works (about 25% of the time) it is fun to play and can be a great game. However, the errors greatly overshadow the fun in this game. You shouldn't have to wonder if the game will load every time that you turn on your Xbox One to play. They have help on the HUD that constantly pops up with the same messages and there is no way to get them to leave and not come back. I played through and gritted my teeth until I reached level 22. I had told myself that I would just deal with the issues because I had already been suckered into buying the game and trying every new patch in the hopes that they would fix it. But then it lost my experience. Put me back at 0 rank and lost all of my weapon unlocks. That is when I decided I have had enough. Multiplayer includes all of the issues I listed above and more. The destruction level is again very weak. DICE again lied to us (as in BF3) about the level of destruction in the game. I am a firearm collector and the weapon ballistics are way off. Some of the .223/5.56 caliber guns seem to hit harder than the 7.62X51 and 7.62X54 guns. Sorry DICE, it doesn't work that way in real life. The game constantly locks up, and boots you randomly out. This means that you lose any progress you made during that game. If you buy this game, and again I am returning my copy, I would wait at least 6 months for them to fix this garbage. I even waited over a month and downloaded multiple patches but the game still has severe problems. I personally won't buy another BF title. They have killed any of my trust that I had for them and their games.

Commander
    Seems to work alright. Pretty boring though.
  27. Nov 21, 2013
    PLEASE cut multyplayer to game offline. The offline score is 6 and multy is 9. And after..pleaseee in the XONE the grapichs is very next gen. I love the LEVOUTION MODE
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a juggernaut waiting in the wings. DICE/Electronic Arts didn't prep this game as well as they should of for launch day. Rest assured, as time goes on silly bugs and core features of the game will iron out, which will make for one of the best shooter experiences around. I loved Battlefield 3 on consoles, and Battlefield 4 only tightens itself up. There's a lot to wade through, and new players may find themselves in over their heads at first. You can just jump in and play, but there's lots of customization to be had as you progress so don't miss out on these opportunities. All helicopters seem a bit simpler to pilot, but after several attempts to use the fighter jets, I felt like there's little reason to bother with them. As for the campaign it's actually not too shabby. I never finished BF3's campaign because it was just so "blah", but Battlefield 4 has at least a bit of feeling to it. It's not stellar, but at least it's heading in the right direction. When you pick up your Xbox One, this should be a game to seriously consider since it won't so easily be displaced by another title within a year of release, and plenty of DLC on the way will make this a game easy to keep playing through the months, even when behemoths like TitanFall and Destiny land sometime next year. Expand
  29. Nov 30, 2013
    Wow. That's all I could say when I booted up BF4 for the first time on Xbox One. Had it on a 360 with no HDMI cables and the jump to the xbox one was absolutely breathtaking. Gorgeous, smooth game that feels like COD with the beauty and replayability of BF. I have had so much fun playing BF4 that I haven't even traded in my xbox 360 copy of COD: Ghosts for the Xb1 version. I have had 0 problems since playing 20-30 hours on my xb1: no freezing, no glitching, nothing. Absolute must have for your xbox one. Way to go Dice. You have a lifelong fan now. Expand
  30. Dec 11, 2013
    I would rather ride in a car that Helen Keller is driving, cause it would crash less. Serious I've played many PC beta's that were more stable. I cant even access any of the dlc maps, so premium is useless too.
  31. Dec 12, 2013
    Great game despite the bugs. If you are picking between this and COD, you would be crazy not to pick BF4. Better maps, more action, more ways of going about maps.

Plus it has 32 v 32, what more could you ask for.
  32. Feb 21, 2014
    +Great graphics, amazing multiplayer. Good server connection most of the time. Maps and weapons balanced well, great overall game.

/Decent campaign.

-Bad connection some of the time, netcode still fairly dodgy.
  33. Apr 8, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is very nice on the graphics and gameplay, it feels nice loading rounds into enemies too.

The reason that it is bad is because of the bugs, this is a unfinished game. It lags, it freezes, and it randomly kicks me back to the dashboard. I also like to play Team Deathmatch, but at one stage I couldn't hear gun shots or any other sound.

It is actually very addictive to
    play but as soon as something goes wrong I change my mind and will turn off the console immediately or play another game. Expand
  34. Feb 23, 2014
    this has to be one of the worst games i have ever played. the single player is just utter rubbish but the big problem is the multiplayer. After investing over 150 hrs of game play i cant walk away saying i had a good time. the game is hopelessly broken even after months to fix it it is still s!@t to play. So i found myself constantly getting one shot from across the map with any sort of weapon is just a joke. if i had the money i would either sue or buy out EA and DICE and destroy their companies and make sure the employees never found a work again. you will find no help or support from EA or DICE s, avoid this pile of crap at all costs. i am now selling my xbox one and this joke of a game as it was just a waste of money Expand
  35. Jan 28, 2014
    I bought on launch and had high hopes. But EA and DIcE have had problems before with there servers a level caps. The 360 does not do it justice. You've got to play it on PC or next gen. Graphics a re good but I love the game play. It is a most get.
  36. Jan 10, 2014
    If you liked the last battlefield you will more than likely enjoy this one. It is what it is…which is wonderful chaos! Are there flaws with the gunplay and the hit boxes? Definitely but I feel like that always been in battlefield. I play it for creating crazy scenarios or raising hell with a mere jeep and an anti tank rocket launcher.

I bought the game January 7th and have played quite
    a bit and have not had a single server issue for the record. I waited to buy because I've been reading how much DICE has been working to correct many of their issues.

Let me just say the first time I was playing a level (in a Chinese city I believe) and this team was holding a 30 story building controlling the top floor by covering the elevators. After being killed a couple times going up the elevators, I'm finally approaching on my jet ski and the whole damn building comes down along with half of the other team…it was effin' amazing. My teams tanks and artillery had been working away at it. The sound, the dust in the air, and then the flag of course was easy to take…that's why I play battlefield: to blow shtuff up.
  37. Dec 17, 2013
    score would be higher but those bugs...they have improved since the latest update but not all or completely clear. when it does work it's brilliant, really good, far better than cod. the score would be higher if it wasn't for those bugs.
  38. Dec 29, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is leaps and bounds ahead of any of it's rivals. The campaign was short and after mission 2 became boring but CoDGhosts for me was the same way. The immensely beautiful graphics on the other hand farrr outweigh the graphical meagerness of the 2002 CoD engine. The sounds are literally the best there is. The multiplayer is where the game really shines. With 64 players battling it out on gigantic maps that accomplish zero downtime in between actions that are beautifully rendered with many less bugs than bf3 This is without a doubt the greatest multiplayer shooter in years. I will never buy call of duty again. Switching from cod to bf4 was like switching from Sesame Street to Saving Private Ryan. Any very positive industry scores of codghosts indicate an obvious hidden donation from craptivision. Expand
  39. Nov 27, 2013
    I played B3 on PC a lot but since I wanted to play B4 on new consoles I picked it up for ps4 and xbox one. I have friends on both that I play with.

The xbox one version just does not run as good as ps4, I don't know what the peeps at ign are smoking but in the week prior to xbox release we played a lot of b4 and virtually encountered no slow down, at one point I saw 4 people fire
    rockets at each other in a hallway and it slowed down for a slip sec. While firing the game up on x1 we almost immediately noticed the slow down both in sp and mp.

xbox one on the other hand has regular slow down, even when running you get frame drops and the jaggies oh the jaggies. That does not mean it is not fun, its a lot of fun on both consoles but the ps4 has better/more fluid graphics while the online experience on the x1 is better.

While I have been getting crashes on both consoles the ps4 def has more of them. I never got really to try the conquest mode on ps4 but playing conquest on x1 for 30 min and then crashing is not nice as well.

Sure we should all forgive them as these are new consoles with bugs and what not. Still sucks that the first map pack (to my knowledge) are recycled from b3.
  40. Feb 25, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is essentially battlefield 3's graphics and BFBC2 destruction with improvements to both. The storyline is incredibly short and not that amazing even though there are some great moments. and the multiplayer is well the same battlefield multiplayer it has always been. The only thing i feel like this game can do to improve is just to work on a better story and think of something new for the multiplayer because even though there is so much to do in battlefield if it isn't changed up enough it will get stagnant after awhile Expand
  41. Feb 18, 2014
    My actual score is 9/10 but I'm placing a 10 to counter the trolls voting negative because the game is "unfinished". (neilsmif1980 and Cylian1) You can't score the game negatively because it has connectivity problems regarding the servers. Yes, EA is at fault for forcing DICE to release the game early even though they were not ready, but when reviewing a game, you have to look at the finished product. Now that DICE has implemented some fixes for stability, performance and various bugs and glitches, we can look at core assets of the game to judge for review.

I personally think this is the best game on next-gen consoles right now. If you like realistic shooters and a new and innovative experience with intense graphics, sound and gameplay, Battlefield 4 has it all!! The game seems a little bit overwhelming at first with all the content, the size of the maps combined with the amount of players, and all the vehicles. It really feels like you're in all out war!!!

Go play one round of Conquest and regardless of how many times you die, if you don't think Battlefield 4 is an amazing experience, you're out of your mind. When it comes to competitive game play, this game both doesn't and does have it. Conquest can't really be played competitively because of its size. The squads can't communicate with each other and a lot of players barely have their mics in anyways. Deathmatch and smaller game types like Domination are better for competitive game play.

I don't wanna break the game down too much. I just wanted to get my opinion out there. 9/10 for me
  42. Jan 2, 2014
    Have you ever heard the saying if it aint broke don't fix it... well this needs fixing because it is broke broke broke. This is a shame being as this is a really good game infact in everyway better than call of duty ghosts... except reliability.

I say this after having the game from the day one. I have played through the Campaign 4 times... without ever reaching the end. This is not
    because I am incapable of beating the game but I am not likely to want to play through the entire game in one go. The save game mechanism does not work which effectively breaks the game. I either get back in and the entire save is gone or I have been put back a few missions.

Do not be fooled that the latest patch fixes the bugs... it does not.
  43. Feb 1, 2014
    I give Battlefield 4 a 10 out of a 10. The game is getting better with more updates, battlelog in game makes you more interactive with your friends with missions, and with the next gen technology its one of the most beautiful first person shooter games on the market.
  44. Dec 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BF4 is really two games the single player and the multiplayer. Let's talk about the single player, it feels so tacked on. It's just basically a tech demo for the new engine, there are some cool moments but they are so predictable. There is a moment when you step into a mountain trams and it shakes badly when you step into it. Then about 1 minute later it breaks and it starts falling down the mountain. I did not feel anything for these characters. But the multiplayer is where they spent most of their time. It is so good, the levolution is amazing to watch. In short I wouldn't spend any time with the single player go straight to the multiplayer. Expand
  45. Feb 3, 2014
    Eh.

The story is extremely buggy - my saves have been wiped - twice. It really isn't all that fun anyways, and it is extremely short. Thankfully there is some diversity in between this linear game. Story: 6.

It picks up with the multiplayer, but it still doesn't provide memories like the times I had in BF3. Plus, even on Xbox One, the next-gen console, it still crashes. A lot.
    Multiplayer: 6.

Other stuff? Despite the game's flaws, Frostbite 3 and the graphics are astounding; completely amazing. Constant crahes are lowering my review by at least a point. Overall: 7

DICE, next time, if you don't release a game that's still in beta, you might have better reviews. Overall: 6
  46. Mar 2, 2014
    Single Player- 7.5/10. quite a bit better than bf3's, but still lackluster in my opinion. very linear in most parts, and very few chances to drive vehicles.
    Multiplayer- 8/10. when it works, very fun. sadly, that is not a common occurence. lag, rubberbanding, disconnecting, one hit deaths, and frame drops are just some of the problems currently in the game.
    Graphics-9/10. vastly superior
    to xbox 360 overall, and at 64 players and 60 FPS (even though it frequently drops below that, usually during levolution)
    Sound- 8.5/10. very good sound quality overall, but i feel it is a step down from BF3, especially the gun sound effects (DMR's, i am looking at you).
    Fun Factor- 8/10. this game can be very fun at times, but the problems seriously detract from that fun.
    Score: 7/10
  47. Jan 4, 2014
    i'll keep this short and to the point Battlefield 4 is a good game not great and not bad but just good the campaign is noticably better than Battlefield 3s but the massive number of bugs and glitchs and crashes in both campaign and multiplayer prevent me from giving this a very high score which is really unfortunate because i was going to give this a 10/10 but i can't do that because i would be lieing like all the other idiots who give this a 10/10 this game isn't finished fix this now DICE and EA NOW!!! until they fix this stay clear of this game for now after a few patches it will be fixed but for now do not buy Expand
  48. Jan 3, 2014
    I held off on writing a review until a few updates were available for this game.

The game is very nice looking especially when it is running on 60FPS for consoles but I sadly it is a broken unfinished product. Some of the issues I had are just enough to ruin the experience for me and makes me no longer want to play the game

-Rubber banding on every server and map. I know it is not my
    connection because I can play every other game fine

-Terrible netcoding and hit detection. Seriously, What guns am I firing? Airsoft guns?! They seem to do sweet eff all damage

-Game crashing and sending me back to the home screen

-Game breaking bugs such as the "one hit kill" bug

-Campaign progress being wiped automatically

Seriously, Don't support a company like EA for releasing unfinished products just because they want to keep up with the Call of Duty market. Speak with your wallets and don't buy an EA product, Don't pre-order an EA product and certainly don't trust any reviews that gave this buggy mess a score higher than 6
  49. Mar 15, 2014
    Battlefield 4 represents the best parts of the previous entries in the series put together. It has the great vehicular combat and overall gameplay of the original, the great Commander mode of Battlefield 2, the destructibility of Bad Company 2 and the scale of Battlefield 3. A must have for Battlefield fans.
  50. Jan 27, 2014
    This game is a piece of trash. Honestly the worst FPS I've ever played. This was the first game I played from the Battlefield series and it will be my last. Campaign mode is brutal. The AI enemies have some form of super intelligence that allow every single one of them to know your exact location and precisely where to aim at all times. And if AI super powers hasn't excited you perhaps you'll be turned on by their ability to take 3 head shots from your sniper rifle. There is no CO-OP? Online is more of the same... If you're looking for a trip to the mental health clinic Battlefield 4 is for you! @#$! I hate %$#@ sucking Russians. To me this game has always tried to be 5 years ahead of its time and just never delivered. They try to provide us with these huge destructible maps but crap out on the fundamentals of a good shooter. I hated this game from beginning to end. Expand
  51. Jan 11, 2014
    I hate to do this but I'm giving this game a 6. I've been a long standing Battlefield fan and owned every game since BF1942. However, this game isn't only disappointing it is insulting. I own two versions of BF 4 one for the PC and the other for X1. The PC version is everything that BF is meant to be. The X1 version is everything it shouldn't be. These problems stem from a rushed production and it is completely EA's fault (no wonder they are facing massive lawsuits). The typical player can expect to experience issues ranging from lag to client failures. this game crashes constantly and majority of all bugs have a 50 - 100% repeatability, which means they will occur at least half of the time. Minor issues are abundant and show stoppers or critical errors are just as numerous.

If you are planing on purchasing this game for X1, I recommend that you either wait until major issues are addressed or you buy it for the PC. As I mentioned previously, the PC version is polished and has fewer issues.
  52. Dec 18, 2013
    I wish i could give this more, as from what I've played is outstanding, but the online is still shocking, from not being able to join games or randomly crashing back to xbox home, game randomly dropping sound. i've come to expect problems with battlefield launches unfortunately but they are normally resolved with in a week or two. Dice really do need to do something to apologise i weekend of double xp doesn't really cut it... Expand
  53. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic game! Impressive graphics and gameplay. I'm a little confused as to why it has such a low overall user score. A FPS that must be in your collection.
  54. Dec 14, 2013
    The game is beautiful. If only it worked. I waited to review this until after the update, (which, for me, fixed nothing). The Campaign is well crafted and fun, what I played of it. Unfortunately the campaign can crash, losing all your saves. And when it doesn't crash during game play..the saves get corrupted anyway. Multiplayer, is a blast, unfortunately, this also crashes. That is..it crashes when it works. I haven't been able to play all week, either I crash or I don't get into a lobby. I did have a couple good days of only crashing..where I got to sample Conquest...which was AMAZING, but again, that was a short period of time. Most of my time with the game has been spent trying to get into it and retracing steps in Campaign. Although, I have given up on the Campaign. Expand
  55. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best shooter I've ever played ambiance and amazing, the weapons are very realistic and the connection never dropped it perfect don't has almost no bugs and the story is Mid despite being legally Expand
  56. Jan 12, 2014
    Love the multiplayer, there are new vehicles, guns, attachments, commander, frostbite 3 levolution and great graphics that suit the great multiplayer.... BUT the campaign sucks and is boring and dont even save sometimes and gets rid of my dat on there and i never find a match because of dice's horrible servers. Besides that ... BOSS
  57. Dec 29, 2013
    This is a fantastic game that has some major drawbacks. The first one is the unreliability i had a really hard time finding lobbies and the game crashed quite a bit, plus my campaign progress was deleted while I was on the 4th mission,. It wasn't a big deal but still a major annoyance. The second drawback is the campaign it does give you some pretty cool things to do, but everything is about getting points. Its hard to feel for the characters because they're not really unique. Theres the big hearted guy, the leader, the rook, and the guy thats on your team but you still hate. Don’t just pick this game up for the campaign.

Now onto the good things. Let’s start out with, 62 player lobbies, beautiful visuals, vehicles, and the destructibility. With 62 players in the lobbies This results in massive battles, that won’t get old quick. Thankfully the maps are big enough to accommodate this massive player count. The maps are also very interesting. Secondly the graphics on this game are really freakin good, Running on frostbite 3 this game looks as good as all the other next gen launch titles. The vehicular warfare is also really fun. Nothing really matches that holy sh#t moment when a tank comes at you and all you have is a rifle. The deportability is insane. I was on top of the skyscraper in siege of shanghai and then i parachuted off. I look back at it and the whole thing was falling down epic.The verdict is if you want great multiplayer shooter battlefield 4 does not disappoint. If you're looking for a great campaign call of duty is better for you.
    Score
    8.6/10
  58. Jan 1, 2014
    Looks great, but lacks in single player content & game longevity. The price tag is far to high for what you actually get out of this game. Im not to fond of the multiplayer side of the game either at the moment, there are way to many problems with servers and glitches. It is near to impossible to play this game with friends as joining each others game is very difficult, not very user friendly.
  59. Jan 9, 2014
    Awesome game, the campaign is great and the multiplayer is awesome. Amazing graphics (particularly the destruction and water effects). The low score on this game is likely a result of the network / server problems which have been frustrating, but I expect new system rollouts to have some initial issues and should hopefully be mostly resolved in the next month or so. Also, COD enthusiasts seem to be rating this low because it's not COD, it's not COD it's Battlefield, if you wanted COD I would suggest you just buy COD. Expand
  60. Jan 10, 2014
    BF4 isn't remarkably different from its predecessor, but is still a winning formula. There are some truly epic moments to be had in BF4, far more so than in BF3. For example, the moment you realise that the building you are sniping from is about to collapse or when you notice a storm working its way in onto an archipelago before an enormous battleship hits the island. Many criticise these events as being scripted and pointless, but I have to disagree. Whilst not only being epic to watch, they change the play style of the map (or at least partly).

The map design is some of the best I've seen in the BF series with maps like Golmud Railway, Paracel Storm and Seige of Shanghai offering to suit a good variety of play styles and encouraging strategic thinking. The Frostbite engine is ever better, with many buildings being fully destructible, but without making you end up playing on a flat map without any features. If you loved BF3, you will love BF4.

The classes have been better balanced, with recon now having access to C4 and zeroing of rifles now being a possibility. Assault now feels less confined to infantry only maps whilst Support and Engineers remain vital to any squad.

Vehicles feel a little outbalanced. Firing a tank shell in someones face rarely results in an instant kill, attack helicopters feel flimsy and the AH-60's feel overpowered. However, these issues annoy rather than upset the balance of the game.

The graphics are awe inspiring with some maps really showing off the remarkable engine (Paracel Storm in particular). Whilst I've not played this game on any other platform other than the 360, I can safely say you will not be disappointed with the visuals.

Personally I enjoyed the SP campaign, although the story is weak, the missions are well varied and fun to play.

In summary, the game is evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, and feels like BF3.5. But the thing that stops this game getting a higher score, is the frustration of the bugs, crashes, DICE's appalling servers and the fact that you're paying about £100 if you want to include Premium. It is frustrating that such games are released unfinished at this price tag when more stable pre-alphas are available at a quarter of the price (Day Z anyone?), and until this game becomes more stable, I cannot justify rating it higher. If you can tolerate the frustration of all this, buy it, otherwise hold off until EA / DICE fix the game properly.
  61. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my first time playing a battlefield game after playing COD in the past. There's no comparison, this game is COD on steroids. Playing COD is underwhelming and boring now compared to BF4. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and it really pays off in multiplayer.
  62. Jan 16, 2014
    I highly recommend BF4 for anyone who loves shooters, it is a great team game with alot of strategy involved. It is very fun game, with huge maps that can change whilst in a match, some buggy issues have occurred but it is only in 1 out of 10 games that something like that happens. Campaign I thought was quite good, decent storyline, great missions and a fair bit of detail. A great diverse game that everyone should give a go. Expand
  63. Jan 20, 2014
    The game is beautiful and so amazingly fun to play... when it works. At this point they have had months to fix this title but so far have only caused more issues. A large percentage of people still experience save file corruption. On the MP side, there are graphical glitches aplenty, server issues, crashing issues, and a very strange glitch where if you use Quickmatch to join any game type you are always put into Team Deathmatch.

Not only are there these issues, but key people at Dice have been disrespectful on Twitter about the state of their game. they also had a VERY long Christmas break where no work was done at all. When you release something so broken you do not deserve weeks off. You are being terrible to the people that have spent their hard-earned cash with you.

I REALLY hope they put their big-boy pants on and get this rectified. When this game works, its wonderful.
  64. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (Entry 3)
    The Battlefield franchise is EA/Dice's bread and butter and i think it should stay that way. Battlefield is the most fun I have ever had with a game it's next gen graphics are stunning and seamless and the game play is almost flawless minis the bugs and glitches that happen every now and then but beside all that the game runs smooth and at 60 FPS almost all the time. its net code isn't the best but it is better then most games that I've played and the guns could use an upgrade on the sound but from what I see Dice is working real hard to get the game working like it should and I'm predicting that in the close future Dice will of fixed all the bugs and glitches and battlefield will be the best game of the year in my opinion.

p.s. call of duty ghost sucks.
  65. Feb 25, 2014
    Although a very promising game, battlefield 4 tries to ride the wave of success that bf3 had by not changing much, which is very irritating. Next gen consoles provide excellent graphics. The campaign is your typical battlefield campaign, kinda boring, and overall not that great. The multiplayer, although looking and playing very good, has many bugs, glitches, and lag issues. This would be a minor issue if the game hadn't had an open beta, which it did. With each of the fixes DICE puts out for the game, a new problem seems to appear. The rest of the game is basically what you would expect on next gen battlefield.

Overall, while it is a good standalone game, bf4, even on next gen, is a bit of a downgrade compared to the revolutionary bf3. Not bad by any means, but a bit of a weak next gen jump IMO.

At least it isn't Ghosts...
  66. Feb 7, 2014
    A Game that is broken. Sound cuts out, game glitches sometimes. Each fix that is released from DICE introduces new problems. Instead of concentrating on DLC and balancing the game DICE should fix it first, that is however not their priority. Almost 4 months after release and still broken, welcome to Beta culture, where you pay to test a game. Having said this the game can be fun if you find a good squad, the issues that plague it though make it very frustrating to play. Expand
  67. Feb 12, 2014
    Its multiplier is fun but the single player is horrible the characters are the most annoying and they give you a false seance of secrty when running in to combat you cant be stealthy you have to run to the battle you cant snipe its just easier to run in now multiplier its okay but you play some maps but like two maps always get picked no voting you can look for the server but theirs so many so quick match is your only option its okay but it seems that people like camping its like its intentional DON'T TOUCH SINGLE PLAYER THE KNIVES ARE NOT WORTH IT play some good multilayer battle packs are a good idea no micro transactions so ea didn't mess up this time as much its better then cod ghosts multiplier more chaos more fun Expand
  68. Feb 15, 2014
    Multiplayer is chaos, in a great way. Now they are fixing bug issues and continually working on updates. Graphics aren't as good as the PS4 but barely noticeable. It's harder and more dynamic than COD: Ghosts and that's why I think some people don't like it. There is a lot more going on than COD. All in all a great multiplayer experience where anything can happen and the landscape is always changing throughout the round due too the destructible environment. 10/10 for sure Expand
  69. Feb 15, 2014
    Well made game, until the last few week before it's release. Though the horrible net code and tremendous amounts of server failures. This game contains...a well made and good graphical campaign, a structured weapons system, wonderful UI (User Interface). DICE has made BF4 a wonderful game but are put down by the lack of its publisher EA. If you are trying to get a game for your next or last gen consoles this would be amazing for you. Although their is still some net code issues, the servers and crashes have been fixed. Expand
  70. Feb 20, 2014
    IT stinks, stinks, stinks and I am putting this mildly. I own 2 xbox 360s and also purchased a xbox one and have loved battlefield in the past but battlefield 4 should offer everyone refunds on their games!!!! connection issues to download problem.....even not earning points and getting unlocks.....I have played for hours and at the end of the match no points or unlocks....NADA!!! I have tried contacting EA and of coarse its a circle of BS red tape to try and reach anyone and when I did get to file a complaint they never replied or contacted me back .....EA has poor customer service!!!! fix your freakin game EA!!!! Expand
  71. Mar 8, 2014
    This game will have reviews that generally fall into two categories. Online and campaign or offline. To be honest if your not interested in online. This game is not for you.

Battlefield 4 is all about the multiplayer online first person shooter match ups. If your into that kind of stuff and that's all your into, this game is for you. It has added vehicles, like jets, boats, and tanks.
    You can destroy walls and such. You can play different roles as soldiers. Some 32 vs 32 match ups. The high ratings for this game are from fans of it's online experiences.

If your looking for an offline experience, or a campaign or story mode. Avoid this game at all costs. It's dynamic story consist of what is basically a tutorial, and it's main language is profanity. Some for dramatic emphasis is good. But all the time gets old fast. It's campaign mode is pathetically short and unimaginative.

So if your buying this game for online multiplayer first person shooter, I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

If your looking for a great campaign mode shooter, this game is a 3.
  72. Mar 6, 2014
    I made this account simply to warn people about this game. It is simply unplayable. The story line is linear and poorly done. Multi-player will have you pulling your hair out. The in game glitches i ran into commonly included glitching through solid textures (i.e. floors, walls) and having other players glitch right through me. a couple of times i shot an opponent multiple times only to have him pass through me and stab me from behind. Also when you shoot some one you see their character drop his gun barrel to the ground but they keep firing and kill you. I was shot through 2 concrete walls with an assault rifle. The conquest mode is just tanks and planes, if you don't get in a vehicle good luck. The sniper rifles have almost the same specs as the shotguns except no spread. It can take 2 head shots to kill someone from less that 100 yards away with a sniper rifle. Inexplicably you can hit someone with a sniper rifle from point blank, and they have time to turn and unload half a clip on you before you can get another round in the chamber. If your ok with all of the above then good for you. I got mad almost every time i played it. Expand
  73. Mar 16, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is the best game, hands-down, on the Xbox One. I didn't purchase it at launch so much of those problems were avoided and I have had really smooth experience. Playing CTF or Rush is exhilarating for me. It's just awesome how sheer epic this game can be at times with the awesome teammates, audio, and PC-esque visuals. I also played the singeplayer and found it surprisingly enjoyable. But you buy BF4 for the multiplayer and it really comes through with seemingly hundreds of hours to unlock and experience everything. But it's balanced well, you never feel like you're at a disadvantage when at a lower level.

One thing I don't like is Battlepacks. They feel a bit tacky, but not too bad either. All-in-all this game is a great entry in a powerful franchise.
  74. Mar 11, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an amazing game, I have to say it really shows off the potential of the consoles and the PC. The graphics make the scenery and guns look beautiful, the battling with explosions make it look like a playable movie. Also with the falling buildings and vehicles, it really tops the game off, the reason I give it an 8 is well, it has some bugs that can get annoying at points, but i'm sure EA/DICE will fix this, I highly reccomend this game for gamers with the type of taste of a beautiful campaign, amazing in game warfare. The multi-player of this game is great. Tons of guns, vehicles, and different levels where you never know what could happen. I especially love the fact that the level can be collapsible, it really adds that feeling of a movie to this game. DICE and EA have really have done it again. But they still have some small bugs to fix, I cant wait to see what they add next in this amazing game. The graphics are amazing, textures are so HD you can barely tell its a game. The colors and lighting really pull it off as well. Expand
  75. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a very deep game that takes hundreds of hours to fully experience. The learning curve is high if you've never played BF before (I haven't) but when you invest the time to learn, it really becomes a full experience that's unlike any game I've ever played. The customization options are nearly limitless as are the things you can do inside a battle.

The destructive levels add an
    extra element of gameplay: if an enemy is hiding in a building you can actually shoot down the walls with a tank. The sheer scope of the game is insane: flying helicopters, planes, driving tanks, boats, etc. I really like this game and I feel the early reviews of poor performance are out of date now (as of March 2014). Gameplay has been mostly smooth for me. If you like shooters this is a great one. Expand
  76. Mar 14, 2014
    i love battlefield 4! here are some reasons to buy it:
    1: graphics are AMAZING!!!!
    2:amazing, intense gameplay
    3: unlike Call of Duty, you get to drive vehicles!
    4:great customization
    5:huge maps in which you can destroy the enviroment

those are only a few reasons why battlefield 4 is worth buying. i rate it 20 out of 10!!!!

herbertlives
  77. Mar 19, 2014
    EA servers= doodoo. That's really all that can be said. The game had a myriad of bugs at launch that have been fixed but lag still persists. And let's not forget one of the worst server browsers in history: "Oh sweet this game has only 46 people in it. Wait...why am I in a damned queue then?!"
  78. Mar 17, 2014
    BF4 is amazing loved the campaign even though the irish character was annoying as hell but i loved how huge the levels are and the diverse ways you can approach the conflict
  79. Mar 21, 2014
    My single player campaign progress disappeared twice for no reason. The battle log system is terribly glitchy. Multiplayer is fun, but if you're not experienced with multiplayer first person shooters, you might want to avoid buying this game. The graphics are good.
  80. Apr 5, 2014
    It does just enough to keep the game fresh with its new modes and additions but it also keeps the core gameplay that the battlefield name is known for.

As with most first-person shooter games the single player is irrelevant and puts together a decent effort to make you want to finish it, but aside from the achievements and dog tag unlocks there is little reason to replay it.

The
    multiplayer is where battlefield has and always will shine. Despite the consistent issues during online play (which Dice has been hard at work to fix and rectify with its user base) Battlefield 4 is an enjoyable entry into the "next gen" of gaming.

Developer Dice has also done a good job of consistent balancing and tweaks to ensure the game keeps a sense of equality. If they find a vehicle or weapon has too much of an advantage, you can be sure it will be balanced out at some point.

All in all, despite the issues that still to this day plaque this game (most to my knowledge have been taken care of) Battlefield 4 is everything it has been hyped to be. The new 'Levelution' feature is spot on, Obliteration mode is a blast and 64 vs 64 is awesome.

If you have played past Battlefield games, this is one that you should not pass up despite its flaws.
  81. Mar 25, 2014
    When this game works, it is fun to play and the graphics are amazing. However, more often than not the game does not load correctly, DLC is delayed, servers crash, etc. The game is the equivalent to an amazing sports car that sits in the garage because the keys are lost or the engine is missing parts. EA and DICE should be sued by consumers and investigated by the BBB.
  82. Mar 26, 2014
    I'm here to tell you how unbelievably bad Battlefield 4 is. I used to love it it was one of my favorite games and it was awesome flying planes and stuff but that's when i encountered the bugs non stop server issues, it freezes, crashes to home and it almost broke my disk drive or even system on Xbox one. A little note to EA get your games right and give everybody a refund!
  83. Mar 31, 2014
    By far the worst Battlefileld in the series. The game lives up to none of the hype, using horrible physics, tons of rubber banding, and so many "wtf" moments that you'll probably throw the controller at the screen. Even worse, nothing in this game makes sense. The single player is a head scratching affair, the multiplayer continues to misregister hits (from bullets to tank shells), and even the kill cam consistently shifts to the wrong people. Even with all of the patches, the game is atrocious. 1/10. Expand
  84. Apr 7, 2014
    Most of the negative reviews of this game tend to be on account of a) lost saved games; b) issues joining servers; c) the fact that it doesn;t depart much from BF3. Fair enough i guess if this is what youhave experienced.

From my point of view, i havn;t had any problmes with saved games or the servers;;; and i never played BF3 so this doesn;t matter to me.

BF4 is a great game; so
    much more substantial than Titan fall which is too much of a free for all. Expand
  85. Dec 16, 2013
    Great looking game but isn't finished.

Multiplayer

1. Apr 16, 2014
    It may be disappointing to some that Battlefield 4's single player doesn't live up to a hill of beans, but what they did accomplish with the impressive multiplayer mode is something special that cannot be duplicated even by Activision's mighty series.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    Business as usual with a mediocre single-player campaign and one of the best multiplayer experiences in all gaming – and at last one that works just as well on consoles as on PC.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    The score is given on trust, because at the moment you might not get into an online match even after several attempts, not to mention other bugs and graphic glitches. An upcoming patch should resolve most of the problems, but right now the bugs are still there and the single player is really weak. Multiplayer, instead, is the usual blast and the new modes, new maps and 64 players in Conquest mode are simply great.