4.2

1. Nov 18, 2013
    They claim it is next-gen yet it isn't much different from the first Modern Warfare.The singleplayer story is okay as usual but the MP doesn't add anything new to the FPS genre and the dogs are unnecessary.Just the annual cash grab I guess.It's almost worth it for the new zombie mode co-op if you want to have fun with a friend or 2.
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    It's the same damn game every single year. Crowded tiny maps. No recoil. 3-4 hits to kill. Melee is stronger than bullets (one hit knife kill). Ridiculous campaign that belongs in a cheesy movie. LAST GEN graphics. This game attracts braindead teenagers, lonely old men, and miserable men who neglect their families.
  3. Nov 19, 2013
    This game still runs on the CoD4 engine and is nothing but a reskin with a half assed campaign as always. Avoid it and get a better next gen game for your money
  4. Nov 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm sad to say that COD has completely run it's course. This iteration is so poorly done on so many levels. The campaign is laughable and unimaginative. The multiplayer is the same warmed over, regurgitated garbage Activision has been selling for years.
    Mechanically, the game is next to broken. The lag is enough to make you throw your controller and the map design is awful.
    It disappoints graphically as well. This game certainly doesn't have a next-gen look or feel.

In my opinion, you should save your $60 unless you simply can't live one year without your call of duty fix.
  5. Nov 23, 2013
    it's Modern Warfare 2, but with dogs. How do they get away with releasing the same game over and over? Activision pays reviewers to give an 8 or higher, so don't trust the flawed score on the left. ex-IGN employees actually admitted that they get paid to give a higher score. Due to this, it being a copy of CoD4 (over and over) and the fact that this franchise has destroyed the online FPSit's Modern Warfare 2, but with dogs. How do they get away with releasing the same game over and over? Activision pays reviewers to give an 8 or higher, so don't trust the flawed score on the left. ex-IGN employees actually admitted that they get paid to give a higher score. Due to this, it being a copy of CoD4 (over and over) and the fact that this franchise has destroyed the online FPS genre, I give it 0/10 Expand
  6. Nov 28, 2013
    Awful game, taken it back a few years, worst in the series by a long way, nothing good to say about it at all, the multiplayer is really inconsistent, the campaign is boring and for people that say it's a CoD game, expect it to be what CoD is all about, you're wrong, it's barely similar to any of the MW games of BO2
  7. Nov 27, 2013
    O jogo aquela coisa, mais do mesmo. O mesmo jogo CoD:BO2 com a história um pouco diferente. Black Ops 2 foi muito melhor. O CoD:Ghots realmente está um lixo, gráficos feios, mal produzido, armas fracas. Um fiasco!
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    It's CoD. Painfully easy even on the hardest of settings and the multi player is as it was before.

I'm glad I finished this at a mates to save myself the purchase as I was considering it what with the new consoles. All in all, if you like CoD games, you'll like the newest CoD game, if you dislike CoD games, you'll likely dislike CoD games. The same goes for if you are indifferent

All in all, if you like CoD games, you'll like the newest CoD game, if you dislike CoD games, you'll likely dislike CoD games. The same goes for if you are indifferent about the CoD series. It really doesn't change anything that the series does, but then, why would it?
  9. Dec 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a major disappointment, i already reviewed 360, but i had to come for this, i returned this game within 24 hours, i got half my money back. here's a list of reasons to keep this short, ON WHY THIS GAME, SUCKS ASS!!!
    1. "ghosts" where the is ghost, I swear he was promised to us.
    2. aliens are just snake-spiders that ooze purple ****
    3. i know this isn't activation, but where the are my zombies?!
    4. multiplayer is outright broken, the server lag is bad, makes battlefield netcode look like god descending from heaven.
    5. destructible environments? HA!
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    All this game had going for it was a decent multi-player that was just like it's predecessors. Now, keep in mind, I played this game up to level 56 MP and have what I'd like to think is a decent amount of experience with it.

My conclusion is that it is stale and boring. Just like MW3. Just like MW2. Maybe I just enjoy Treyarch's adaptions a bit more. Even then, this game is getting dull to the point of hilarity.

If you want a real "next-gen" shooter, it's obvious you'll want to pick up Battlefield 4.
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    It's a joke Activision has just create a game for money. This game is a joke, the graphisms are just and the single payer mode is very bad I'm not talking about the multiplayer mode so it's very disappointing For me Activison mocks player
  12. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is a poorly crafted mess with clunky and irresponsive controls. The story line is completely cliche and offers nothing new to the experienced FPS players leaving you with nothing but a bad taste in the mouth. The multiplayer aims to insult your intelligence as it thrusts you into an instant loss scenario where you are given pitiful weapons and are constantly at the mercy of theThis game is a poorly crafted mess with clunky and irresponsive controls. The story line is completely cliche and offers nothing new to the experienced FPS players leaving you with nothing but a bad taste in the mouth. The multiplayer aims to insult your intelligence as it thrusts you into an instant loss scenario where you are given pitiful weapons and are constantly at the mercy of the higher ranks merely because you just started. I feel like this game almost makes you far stupider while playing it with enough mindless action to rival bashing your skull against a brick wall which would hurt far less than this monstrosity of a game. Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2013
    Game is terrible. I expected so much more from it. Its getting a 1 because I sonewhat enjoyed the story, but the multiplayer is the worst I have ever playin a COD game. Its completely broken and they don't seem to care to fix it. Such a waste of money...
  14. Dec 22, 2013
    So I hear you're releasing the same game you have been releasing for five years straight now- take my 60 bucks please.

Is what I'd imagine anyone would be saying if they were able to think back an entire year. Activision must be thanking their stars that the only thing anyone can remember in this country is the last big mac they funneled down their throat- so about two minutes ago.

This game series is the perfect metaphor for America in every way.
  15. Jan 4, 2014
    Nice graphics and general game play. Basically the same game that you played years ago but better looking. I would look else ware if you have ever played a COD game in the past few years its just another cookie cutter copy. Still great for fan boys I'm sure.
  16. Feb 26, 2014
    This was my least favorite installment of the COD franchise. I was disappointed to find out after purchasing the game, that the multiplayer is heavily geared toward snipers and long ranged weapons. Most maps feel as though they are designed for that very reason.
    It also seems that in each installment, the gap between good and weak players decreases. Probably due to the countless nerfs and game balancing. The kill streaks are just plain dumb and even the campaign was short and forgettable. I think I'll stick to Black Ops 2 until Treyarch makes another game.
  17. Dec 1, 2013
    What can I say. It's a Call of Duty game. There has been no change in gameplay, no new things you can do, same old graphics, poor storyline, terrible community, and easy as ever. Oh, and to top it all off, they ruined the one thing they had going for them, survival. They put in aliens! Seriously, its a version of zombies. If you want a shooter that has more options then running andWhat can I say. It's a Call of Duty game. There has been no change in gameplay, no new things you can do, same old graphics, poor storyline, terrible community, and easy as ever. Oh, and to top it all off, they ruined the one thing they had going for them, survival. They put in aliens! Seriously, its a version of zombies. If you want a shooter that has more options then running and shooting, try the new battlefield. Or something else. Expand
  18. Dec 2, 2013
    Ghost is the worst call of duty in the call of duty franchise. Huge ass and the worst maps that promotes camping. IED? What the is that You cant even avoid it. You can get a dog with 4 kills wtf. a A k9 unit in bo2 is like 17 straight kills and gets as much kill as the guard dog. You can't even see a thing in ghost. It is so hard to see. You can be in one place and get shot from 10Ghost is the worst call of duty in the call of duty franchise. Huge ass and the worst maps that promotes camping. IED? What the is that You cant even avoid it. You can get a dog with 4 kills wtf. a A k9 unit in bo2 is like 17 straight kills and gets as much kill as the guard dog. You can't even see a thing in ghost. It is so hard to see. You can be in one place and get shot from 10 different directions. I would be running around the map trying to find someone forever and then i would get shot from behind The spawns are HORRIBLE. I would walk 2 steps and get kill. Sometimes I would even spawn behind an enemy. Huge maps but few places to spawn really. Infinity Ward made a big deal about some stupid dog that only shows up like twice in the campaign. Who gives a about the ai control fish when you get close to them just make the multiplayer right that is what people buy the game for. They took us people's favorite game mode like demoltion, hardpoint, ctf. Expand
  19. Dec 2, 2013
    Its bad when the campaign is the only enjoyable part of a COD game. Maps are trash, don't even get me started on how bad the spawn system is, and oh yeah it takes 2 full clips to kill a dog (5 kill streak) but 3 bullets to kill a human. Also, if you get into a game with bad connectoin you will die without seeing any bullets leave the enemies gun. I have played COD more than any otherIts bad when the campaign is the only enjoyable part of a COD game. Maps are trash, don't even get me started on how bad the spawn system is, and oh yeah it takes 2 full clips to kill a dog (5 kill streak) but 3 bullets to kill a human. Also, if you get into a game with bad connectoin you will die without seeing any bullets leave the enemies gun. I have played COD more than any other game since Black Ops, but I can honestly say that this game has turned me into a Battlefield fan. I will never buy another IW COD game, and will be trading this in as soon as anything that looks remotely good is released for Xbox One. Expand
  20. Dec 3, 2013
    The multiplayer is the worse ever! the maps are way too big. the lag and hit detection is garbage. the killstreaks suck. everything about this game is crap. there is a guy on youtube search for theassistman who gives a very good review of how bad this game is. do not waste your money on this game you will be sorry and wont play it after a few days. i tried to like it like others but thatsThe multiplayer is the worse ever! the maps are way too big. the lag and hit detection is garbage. the killstreaks suck. everything about this game is crap. there is a guy on youtube search for theassistman who gives a very good review of how bad this game is. do not waste your money on this game you will be sorry and wont play it after a few days. i tried to like it like others but thats just not possible. i wish i could give this game a -10! Oh and there is no dedicated servers like they said! Expand
  21. Dec 6, 2013
    BULL!!! I rented this game at redbox and it was disc 2 WHICH WAS JUST A CONTENT PACK I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY IT!! this is complete BULL!!! I wasted my money!!!
  22. Dec 12, 2013
    Incredibly horrible! Just a giant bomb of a game! So many promises and hopes into into Ghosts, and it didn't live up to its expectations! The maps are God awful; way too big which slows down the gameplay, and the spawning is horrible as well! Not to mention you die way too easily as well! Screw the graphics and the "visual sense"! This is about the online experience! For those of you whoIncredibly horrible! Just a giant bomb of a game! So many promises and hopes into into Ghosts, and it didn't live up to its expectations! The maps are God awful; way too big which slows down the gameplay, and the spawning is horrible as well! Not to mention you die way too easily as well! Screw the graphics and the "visual sense"! This is about the online experience! For those of you who have never played the other call of duty games, I strongly encourage you to go check them out. After returning Ghosts for GTAV, I found myself relieved of stress and anxiety. I went back to playing Black Ops 2, and I had a blast compared to Ghosts. Expand
  23. Jan 3, 2014
    Fore-note: Giving this game a 10 is like saying the earth is flat.
    Giving this game a 10 based on 'trolls' is pathetic.
    The 3.8 score is very accurate compared to the ridiculous 79 Metascore. Blunt Version: This game fails on ALL levels besides fish, and the Extinction mode (aka Zombies with Aliens.) The storage required game takes around 50 Gigs!!! Which OBVIOUSLY aren't used up
    Fore-note: Giving this game a 10 is like saying the earth is flat.
    Giving this game a 10 based on 'trolls' is pathetic.
    The 3.8 score is very accurate compared to the ridiculous 79 Metascore.

Blunt Version:

The storage required game takes around 50 Gigs!!!
    Which OBVIOUSLY aren't used up by HD textures because those are bloody crap!

-->Don't buy this as it is broken, poor quality, and does not deserve your money.
    The ONLY REDEEMING factor is that it is not the PC version, WHICH LAGS IN THE MENU! (ON A GTX TITAN!!)
    -This game is basically Righteous Slaughter from GTA
    STICK TO BO2! WHICH AT LEAST TRIED!
    In-Depth:

-Engine
    The 'new' 19 year old quake based engine is hardly the next-gen experience.
    This game's are sub-par for a next-gen, and could be found in the original Crysis, it's basically a sharper CoD 4 MW.
    With a 50GB install, CoD Ghost left me wondering what all that storage was being used for..
    I have yet to find out as the textures aren't any where close being a culprit, the only other option is OP-underused-overhyped-killer-mecha-dog, Riley and his side kicks the dynamic-super-AI-fish. Seriously though, 50?
    -It also can't be the sounds, which are the same recycled pea shooter sounds from CoD4 MW2 3

-Campaign
    Don't expect a work of art,actually expect the complete opposite.

In, CoD Ghost you play as a burly white dude along side his burly white dude brother and army, under the command of his burly white father. (ALL of whom are Flat characters.) Serious there was like 3 minorities, only 1 of whom was a 'Ghost'. But lets talk about them, the Ghosts. The Ghosts where meant to be stealthy super burly white dudes with the budget of a specs op team.
    HOWEVER! The game insists on being just like the previous. As you run about amok shooting from the hip like a chicken with its head cut off next to a tank, all the while doing crazy ass ****
    Its like they go out of their way to make it bad!
    What I'm trying to say is that the Single Player experience is utter TRASH and has some many holes swish cheese is more consistent.

-The multiplayer is basically around 16 players stuffed in a closet with mini-guns. ****
    Dynamic maps? Yeah no.
    Kill Streaks? NOW WITH DOG!
    Guns? sure! how does fictional guns based off of real life weapons but are renamed to save cash (like they needed to!)
    Frame Rate? As consistent as a completely wasted guy doing the 'walk the line' test.
    Maps? Same maps with a different look. (Not lying, some maps have the exact same general placement of major objects.

-Extiction
    The only bright point of the game.
    -Fresh new take on Zombies.
    -Best player with friend.
    -Not worth a full title purchase though.

All in all, I'd recommend waiting to see how BF4 plays out and consider that over this piece of utter scum.
  24. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is terrible. It completely upheaves what good work Infinity Ward had done, and left us with a steaming pile of crap. After purchading this, I'm now asking myself why I buy Call of Duty every year. And to be honest, I don't know.

To start off, the campaign leaves you dissatisfied with a taste of possibly some action and caring for the characters. Overall, I felt no remorse for anybody in the story and had little to no fun playing it. Story: 5

The multiplayer was beyond terrible - less appealing than ever before. I don't even have the urge to play enough to prestige, which has never happened to me before. This game makes Black Ops look like a masterpiece. The multiplayer is unoriginal, and if anything, actually dimmed down. It's completely unbalanced. Multiplayer: 3.

Extinction - or, in other words, a ripoff version of Zombies. Less fun, less attractive, and more ridiculous, you're fighting aliens this time. Complete a few bland objectives, shoot a few guns, and run alot. It's Zombies without the fun of Zombies. There's barely any dynamic evemts, except for Hive placement. Extinction: 4.

Other, miscellaneous stuff? The graphics look like they're from a game produced in 2008. Lag, hit detection, and other persisting problems that have been in CoD games forever and never fixed exist bere as well. There aren't dynamic events in multiplayer, despite what the developers said. So lies, too. Other: 2

Overall, you're looking at a piece of trash. Worthless. Overall: 3.
  25. Dec 16, 2013
    When Activision advertised this game a few months ago, they made a huge commotion about how its going to have a new engine and it will be updated for Next-Gen consoles, sadly this isn't the case. I truly feel that Activision & Infinity Ward have well and truly milked this cow dry and its now the fall of a dead, predictable and boring series. Activision really should have just releasedWhen Activision advertised this game a few months ago, they made a huge commotion about how its going to have a new engine and it will be updated for Next-Gen consoles, sadly this isn't the case. I truly feel that Activision & Infinity Ward have well and truly milked this cow dry and its now the fall of a dead, predictable and boring series. Activision really should have just released map packs instead of annual game releases as there is no clear difference between Modern Warfare, Black Ops or Ghosts apart from the kill streak system. This game is a massive flop and does not warrant the €70 price tag on it. 3/10 Expand
  26. Dec 13, 2013
    I have been extremely excited to play the new COD Ghosts, but was quickly disappointed. I primarily play COD for multiplayer (mp), but this game's mp is horrible. They introduce new sights, new equipment, new class of guns, etc, which ultimately are all useless. The same old items from previous games are the same necessary items you will use in this game. There is a whole new concept toI have been extremely excited to play the new COD Ghosts, but was quickly disappointed. I primarily play COD for multiplayer (mp), but this game's mp is horrible. They introduce new sights, new equipment, new class of guns, etc, which ultimately are all useless. The same old items from previous games are the same necessary items you will use in this game. There is a whole new concept to creating classes and unlocking equipment, which is extremely agitating. You have to earn points and then buy equipment, killstreaks, extra classes, clothing, squads, etc. You can also complete operations to earn patches, clothing, etc, which is a waste of time because none of it is worth wasting your time over. The mp maps are some of the worst ever. yes they are attractive, but all of the maps present the ability for you to be killed at any point from almost anywhere. I'm not saying i'm the best player ever, but I have kept a positive KDR in all prior games. Unless your are camping, your average life is under 20 seconds because the maps are too wide open. The campaign is short and has nothing new, although some of the graphics are amazing. The new extinction game type is entertaining. Overall, I would stick to Black Ops 2 or MW3 if they had them XB1 and pass on this game. I cant wait for another decent game to come out so I can leave this game behind. Expand
  27. Dec 20, 2013
    One month in with this game and I'm tired of it. This is obviously a beta test as developers are trying to figure out how to best configure their development process for the new consoles. This is arguably the worst COD game in the series. There are no signs of life...no signs of thought or a sense of vision to really get players excited about the future on the franchise. It's a shameOne month in with this game and I'm tired of it. This is obviously a beta test as developers are trying to figure out how to best configure their development process for the new consoles. This is arguably the worst COD game in the series. There are no signs of life...no signs of thought or a sense of vision to really get players excited about the future on the franchise. It's a shame that Activision is so hell bent on releasing this title every year. Black Ops 2 received plenty of negative reviews. Ghosts might have just killed off the series! A lack of imagination, zero creativity, awkward map design, and an incredibly cumbersome perk/prestige system have ruined this title for me. The multiplayer lobbies for this game are pratically empty for a reason...this time, it really sucks! Expand
  28. Dec 26, 2013
    This game is really not at the level it should be nowdays.
    No innovations at all,even the graphic is still the same as the old gen.
    And at least it's not acceptable in 2013 have a war game where you can easily hide behind a chair or a piece of wood an be safe against automatic war rifles. The enemies doesn't even got an AI and the just aim at you 99% of the time without considerating
    This game is really not at the level it should be nowdays.
    No innovations at all,even the graphic is still the same as the old gen.
    The enemies doesn't even got an AI and the just aim at you 99% of the time without considerating all you allies.They also know every time where you are even afer you hide and aggirate them.
    No phisics at all,just scripteed dead ragdoll movements and even if you continue shooting corpse with an rpg they don't change their movements.
    No reactions shooting various part of body,just headshots.We got different body points like legs,arms,weapon and chest in early 2000's with Soldier of fortune..what a shame.
    All the events in game are scripted and the main campaign last less than 5hrs.
    Only positive mention could be the Invasion mode similar to zombies from other COD.
  29. Jan 21, 2014
    dis if fukin shet dletd of meh gmes YOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  30. Feb 12, 2014
    call of duty. should have died after World at war this game is the same thing over and over again. Over all it is lame as **** people spend how much on this game. Mean while nothing has changed well they went into the future about a thousand years, and wait thats all thats changed the graphics are still the same the guns, knives, oh WAIT you can change your facial features HOLY ****call of duty. should have died after World at war this game is the same thing over and over again. Over all it is lame as **** people spend how much on this game. Mean while nothing has changed well they went into the future about a thousand years, and wait thats all thats changed the graphics are still the same the guns, knives, oh WAIT you can change your facial features HOLY **** **** this stupid ass game and the simple minded critics. if you want a FPS thats worth every penny move to MOHW yea people think it sucks because critics rated it so bad. Well in fact look how good they rated this ****ty game COD F&%K COD.

spend what is now about 15 dollars and try MOHW multiplayer yes the single player isn't that great while its still better than Call of duty. well hope to see yall on MOHW if so hit me up

WH1SKERBISCUIT5
  31. Mar 11, 2014
    I just find that Call of duty ghosts has become the butt of all jokes for the fact of the outrageously short single player, the buggy, glitch and out right stupid MP. If you want to buy the Xbox one version might as well flush $60 down the drain.
  32. Feb 28, 2014
    Ugh, where to start. If you've played a CoD game recently, this will not amaze you, and likely won't even hold your attention. It's exactly like the last 2 IW CoDs, but somehow the story is even worse. I've experienced a couple of slowdowns as well, particularly in the fake Petco Park in San Diego.

Multiplayer is the same old CoD. I'm so very tired of being forced to use guns I don't know the name of because a good old "M4" is played out. There's a reason every game has the AK, M4, and MP5. Because they're the best. It'd be like a racing game leaving out an M3, Porsche 911, and Ferrari 458, because they're in every other racing game.

Add to that inexplicably sped up multiplayer genres like Cranked and Blitz, and all I can think is...who the hell plays a CoD game and says, "man, if Multiplayer was just a little bit faster?!?"

This game was made for the lowest common denominator, and I find it to not even be worth the $30 I paid for it used.
  33. Feb 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WORST ONE YET! STUPID squad stuff wtf is wrong with you guys that you think this would be better than working up one guy with multiple load outs?! please stop trying to reinvent the wheel every time you do it just gets worse. WHY do you feel it necessary to screw up a good game franchise with this pile of steaming dog poo. You just killed the game, thanks IW. Ill wait for Treyarch's version to come out hopefully they read these things more than you do. Expand
  34. Mar 28, 2014
    Infinity Ward continues to disappoint me with their releases of the cod franchise. Though slightly better than mw 3, which is their worst in my opinion, I was still left with a bad taste in my mouth. The campaign was uninteresting, the multiplayer felt fairly flat and the maps were way too big, I would spend some matches with long periods of time trying to find someone with no luck. TheInfinity Ward continues to disappoint me with their releases of the cod franchise. Though slightly better than mw 3, which is their worst in my opinion, I was still left with a bad taste in my mouth. The campaign was uninteresting, the multiplayer felt fairly flat and the maps were way too big, I would spend some matches with long periods of time trying to find someone with no luck. The lone bright spot to me was squads mode, which did add something new, but really it could've been more. Overall I'm not going to get another iw cod again, sledgehammer games is up in the air for me, but at least I still can trust Treyarch to bring out solid instalments. Expand
  35. Jun 7, 2014
    Overall an annoyingly campy experience.

Maps are way too large and the ability to camp is frankly at its highest i have seen since ive started playing this franchise. My friend who got me into playing this franchise since MW2 has decided that even he has had enough and no longer plays. I still do play, however i find myself getting very frustrated at the head glitching long range
    Overall an annoyingly campy experience.

I still do play, however i find myself getting very frustrated at the head glitching long range stupidty that goes on and the incessand ied dropping at all entry ways for experienced campers.

There is no run and gun in this game. Unless you're in a clan that is and that point you as the single player will always be overwhelmed because as you kill one person here comes the other clan mates coming through how many more side doors to kill you.

tired of it..
  36. Aug 4, 2014
    My review is simple. Call of Duty Ghosts is the worst game I have played for a very long time. I have played the MP since launch and every now and then I jump into it again to see if it's better than I remember and honestly, it gets worse every time. The MP is unbalanced, laggy and runs on the same engine as every other COD.

The single player is a drag through a tunnel, a film you spent

The single player is a drag through a tunnel, a film you spent £10 on and enjoyed the trailers more. I normally love COD games and they are a yearly purchase for me but this is just horrible.

If you are thinking of picking this game up, don't, just don't. Go to your nearest homeless person and hand them your £30 or £40. Trust me you will feel better.
  37. May 6, 2014
    they said this call of duty was going to be inovative, well im sorry but i fail to see whats so inovative and different in Ghosts from past call of duty games. Also i fail to see the difference between the 360 and xbox ONE versions..the game is just one big cash stream, you can see this with how much DLC is availabe..i guess 5 map packs for the price of a new game isnt enough for thesethey said this call of duty was going to be inovative, well im sorry but i fail to see whats so inovative and different in Ghosts from past call of duty games. Also i fail to see the difference between the 360 and xbox ONE versions..the game is just one big cash stream, you can see this with how much DLC is availabe..i guess 5 map packs for the price of a new game isnt enough for these greedy bastards anymore, they want your money for caracters from past call of duties and cash to make your weapon look different.... no passion, just mass profit = activison Expand
  38. May 3, 2014
    This game series is one of the most known ones (with GTA, FIFA, Assassin's Creed ect...) and its not known for the good side, its well known for being repetitive, hugely overrated and a famous Multiplayer, but in CoD Ghosts, it doesn't know what it wants to be, either a shooter or a adventure, or a comedy, CoD Ghosts has made Call of Duty one of the worst game series of all time, with theThis game series is one of the most known ones (with GTA, FIFA, Assassin's Creed ect...) and its not known for the good side, its well known for being repetitive, hugely overrated and a famous Multiplayer, but in CoD Ghosts, it doesn't know what it wants to be, either a shooter or a adventure, or a comedy, CoD Ghosts has made Call of Duty one of the worst game series of all time, with the campaign being better than the multiplayer and Excintion being no where near the word fun.

CoD Ghosts has overall made the famous series a game which is on the brink of being cancelled and pauses Infinity Ward's great success in CoD.
  39. Apr 27, 2014
    i was going to give this game a 10 but then i was cured of my 12 year old retardism and grew a pair and started playing good games seriously if you buy this game you are just fueling the egotistical **** who make COD ego so they can pump out another s*** game next year with not even a few tweeks they will just make it worse each year until 12 year olds go extinct. DO NOT BUY. STOP THEM NOW
  40. Jan 2, 2014
    If you like COD series you'll like this, plays similar to all the others. Enjoyable game if a bit bland, if i had played the last couple of entries in this series I would have probably rated this lower but so far for next gen consoles i've found it much better than killzone and bf4 has too many issues so this gets my pick for the best fps launch title so far.
  41. Jan 3, 2014
    Multiplayer is the worst yet. The spawns are the worst in any game i've played, numerous times i'm spawned IN FRONT of an enemy. Single player is alright, the process of turning in your last gen copy for the new one (with a $10 additional cost) was overcomplicated as if they wanted everyone to say to themselves "spending another $60 would just be so much easier" and you had a very shortMultiplayer is the worst yet. The spawns are the worst in any game i've played, numerous times i'm spawned IN FRONT of an enemy. Single player is alright, the process of turning in your last gen copy for the new one (with a $10 additional cost) was overcomplicated as if they wanted everyone to say to themselves "spending another $60 would just be so much easier" and you had a very short timeframe to trade it in. Expand
  42. Feb 8, 2014
    It is not enough that you cough up $500 for the system with only one remote but you also purchase this game only to find that you are also expected to purchase the Xbox Live if you ever expect to "Rank UP". I agree that this is not much different from the rest, so it is not living up to the hype. AT LEAST before you could play local without being pressured to purchase something you do notIt is not enough that you cough up $500 for the system with only one remote but you also purchase this game only to find that you are also expected to purchase the Xbox Live if you ever expect to "Rank UP". I agree that this is not much different from the rest, so it is not living up to the hype. AT LEAST before you could play local without being pressured to purchase something you do not want to use. I have no intention of gaming with others online. .

Nothing more aggravating than companies already making fortunes bullying customers into purchasing products they do not want or need.
  43. Feb 14, 2014
    This game is the very best bad game what i see. The multiplayer is very bad, only wants premiums, pass, dlcs, etc,... with pesim graphics.
    The history mode, look better, but, its not a nextgen representative.
    My note is 0, this game isnt valid for rent.
  44. Feb 15, 2014
    BF4 graphics are much better, in COD Ghosts you can get any weapon or perk or equipment you want just by spending coins. Unlock best weapons almost instantly, same with perks. Then I don't feel like playing it when there is nothing better to unlock. Trade it in for Bf4, unless you like to just run and gun in a arcade shooter that takes no skill or teamwork. Campaign is a copy of the pastBF4 graphics are much better, in COD Ghosts you can get any weapon or perk or equipment you want just by spending coins. Unlock best weapons almost instantly, same with perks. Then I don't feel like playing it when there is nothing better to unlock. Trade it in for Bf4, unless you like to just run and gun in a arcade shooter that takes no skill or teamwork. Campaign is a copy of the past 3 COD games just with different characters. Same old storyline Expand
  45. Feb 19, 2014
    Horrible Game, just horrid. Been playing CoD games since MW2 this one is even worse that Black OPS 2. Horrible Score Streaks, very buggy even after 5 months span glitch still exists. Never again I'm buying any season passes they are overpriced and useless. No features like make your on tag, no anti air launchers opened in the options. Huge Shame. I have this game 1 since it might beHorrible Game, just horrid. Been playing CoD games since MW2 this one is even worse that Black OPS 2. Horrible Score Streaks, very buggy even after 5 months span glitch still exists. Never again I'm buying any season passes they are overpriced and useless. No features like make your on tag, no anti air launchers opened in the options. Huge Shame. I have this game 1 since it might be worth buying if its $10 in late late future. Nothing original, nothing new, they just keep taking features away each year. This game will want to make you punch pony's it that horrid. Also the new prestige system is plain **** I'm going to scream in my pillow now.

Activision is becoming the new EA. Can't even make this game 1080p.
  46. Feb 28, 2014
    All you have to say is cod and everyone knows how the game play is, don't matter which cod it is. This cod is the same as the old cod and the same as the old old cod. We need something new in our lives. SPOILER ALERT!!! Next cod will be the same as this one!
  47. Mar 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the worst Call of Duty's ever made! Single player has the most stupid, generic, and predictable story line ever. For example, in the end you shoot Rorke with a 44 magnum in the chest and flood a train that fell in the water. You and your brother (whoever their names are, these characters are so unmemorable) swim to the shore and everything seems fine; then out of the blue Rorke comes out, breaks your arm, and locks you in a cage in the end cut scene (hinting at a sequel). A step backwards from the innovation of Black Ops 2. The multiplayer is not much better than the single player. **** maps that are larger than in any other Call of Duty. Super fast killing weapons that encourage camping along with the most **** annoying lethal called the IED. The action is extremely boring on most maps except Strike Zone and Free Fall. They completely ruined Scrapyard (called Ignition in this game) when they launched DLC, because of all the campers and other problems this game has compared with MW2. Extinction was a good idea, but fell short after DLC came out. Point of Contact was a bit fun, but could become repetitive. DLC was extremely disappointing. Nightfall was so damn difficult that it was unplayable. The only thing Infinity Ward did right was perk balance. That was it! Scorestreaks are so weak that it is ridiculous, except for the guard dog and the juggernaut maniac. I would have preferred survival from MW3 versus squads in this game. I barely play it. I got bored of this game in less than 2 months. This entire game is a complete pile of **** and can't believe I wasted $120 on this. If you have not bought this game already, do yourself a favor and get a better game like Titanfall instead. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  48. Mar 13, 2014
    I was a huge COD fan on the 360 but this game is just plain not fun. Multiplayer maps are a joke - poorly designed and too small. Single player is boring. There sadly isn't much to like about this game, here's hoping for a better experience with the next COD.
  49. Mar 14, 2014
    A Activision e a IW simplesmente fizeram qualquer merda e mandaram para os pc gamers, jogo pesado, totalmente mal optimizado, gráficos do mw2, texturas terríveis para os requisitos do jogo, esse jogo que dizia ter uma engine nova, melhorada, muito boa, na verdade, foi só marketing, vai tomar no ¬¬ IW, ate trocarem de engine e fizerem uma coisa decente, eu não compro, nem pirata eu pego.
  50. Mar 24, 2014
    I fully agree with the low ranking user scores based on how the game plays. I have leveled up 3 characters complete just because I didn't have anything further to do but the game play is lagging in a bunch of areas. It is the exact same game as previous games. I rarely ever play it on Xbox One and the 360 copy is just collecting dust. This game is just a failure to me anyway as far asI fully agree with the low ranking user scores based on how the game plays. I have leveled up 3 characters complete just because I didn't have anything further to do but the game play is lagging in a bunch of areas. It is the exact same game as previous games. I rarely ever play it on Xbox One and the 360 copy is just collecting dust. This game is just a failure to me anyway as far as game play goes. You can add new maps and try to spice it up but it's just one boring game now. I think I have had more fun playing Monopoly on Xbox 360 then COD Ghost. I mean I love games and my freaking gamer score is close to hitting 50,000. If you're looking for a good game then go pick up TitanFall or BF 4 and just bypass this game. Expand
  51. Apr 7, 2014
    This sucks. I have played all of the COD games and this one by far changed some but not enough. I would like to see them change a lot... The ability to go into buildings, go up on the roofs ability to climb anything... COME ON same crap different title!!!
  52. Apr 12, 2014
    this is activisiom's death wish, yet one of their biggest income source. ladies and gentelmen i present to to you Call of Duty: Ghost the 21st century sh!t stain
  53. Apr 24, 2014
    Incredibly dissapointing game. The only good thing in this game is the campaign mode which I slightly enjoyed.
    The multiplayer used to be the best part of the Call Of Duty franchise, but in this game it is utter garbage. You take 3 bullets and you're dead. What happened to the tactical Call Of Duty that we all knew and loved?
    You really can't be that tactical in this game. Once someone
    You really can't be that tactical in this game. Once someone sees you, you're dead. That's it.
    Also, this game is pretty much pay to win. They are selling this rifle called the 'Maverick' and it just kills people within nanoseconds of pulling the trigger.
    The only reason critics are saying that this game is good because they're either being paid (IGN) or they only care about the graphics. I really couldn't care less about the graphics if the gameplay is brilliant but that simply is just not the case here.
    A disgraceful game. I will not be recommending this game to anyone. I regret buying this garbage.
  54. May 2, 2014
    If your a fan of this franchise you will be sorely disappointed how far ghosts has not come. This is basically just an older COD with a new paint job that really needs it's game mechanics fixed. The list of problems with this game are simply far too lengthily to repeat here. Check their forum for the numerous unfixed problems. Spend a little time on this game and you will see that sellingIf your a fan of this franchise you will be sorely disappointed how far ghosts has not come. This is basically just an older COD with a new paint job that really needs it's game mechanics fixed. The list of problems with this game are simply far too lengthily to repeat here. Check their forum for the numerous unfixed problems. Spend a little time on this game and you will see that selling DLC's like maps, camos, weapons, etc. is the companys main focus and providing satisfying game play is at the bottom of the list. At least rent before you decide to buy. I think you'll discover, like a considerable chunk of past COD players, that Titanfall has surpassed Ghosts in exciting first person shooting experience. Expand
  55. Jul 4, 2014
    The Cod series has died. It used to be good but now it's like infinity ward have stopped caring. $50 dollars? Really? This game is worth like $5.

Lets start with the story. It's boring, very short and stupid. Very cheesy. Then the new extinction. They've really gone and done it this time. Infinity Ward took away the zombies that make the Cod games great and replaced it with aliens? I

Lets start with the story. It's boring, very short and stupid. Very cheesy.

Then the new extinction. They've really gone and done it this time. Infinity Ward took away the zombies that make the Cod games great and replaced it with aliens? I tried it once and was done, it was so boring!

Multiplayer. I really really hate this now. I used to like the multiplayer, it used to be decent but now it's horrible. The spawn points are very stupid. In Free for All when you die you spawn right next to someone and just die??? Or you get shot by a sniper who is sitting at the top of a building waiting for someone to come by. Melee is stronger than bullets?

This game was a huge letdown and we all knew that it was going to be one. Not worth the money at all.
  56. Sep 11, 2014
    Easily the worst COD ever made. A big COD gamer all friends and I left cold and disappointed by this release and we now don't play COD at all. The main problem is it just doesn't feel like COD. People can argue wether or not its Next Gen the main problem is it just isn't fun. TERRIBLE
  57. Jul 22, 2014
    This game is so internet bias its unbelievable. If you have the best connection you win. If you don't wanna waste money on a game then this is by far the one to pass. From day one only clans play you and it is a lot of bull. Even in the free for all games like gun game there are people playing on the same team and unless your a boss your screwed. Not only is it run by clans but they haveThis game is so internet bias its unbelievable. If you have the best connection you win. If you don't wanna waste money on a game then this is by far the one to pass. From day one only clans play you and it is a lot of bull. Even in the free for all games like gun game there are people playing on the same team and unless your a boss your screwed. Not only is it run by clans but they have limited game play. Half of the game modes that they offer are retarded and the other half you expect are not there. The only thing Ghost accomplished is showing the world that they can fail at making a game. Sorry call of duty you finally lost a since day one gamer and don't know if you will ever regain one. Next time spend more of your time reviewing the specs on the multiplayer part of it instead of wasting your time on the story mode. All in all this game was such a waste of money I'm no sorry to throw it in the trash. . which is hard for a gamer to do. We all hope you can figure your stuff out on the next game or you will be a thing of the past. Learn and live is what I say until hundreds of game designers can't piece a game together. Fire your whole crew and start again please or this bummer of a game is gonna seal your fate. Thanks, sincerely Xbox Lover For Life….we hope. Expand
  58. Aug 27, 2014
    Boring, uninteresting gameplay. Really wish I hadn't bought the Season Pass at the same time I bought the game. I went back to playing Black Ops II on the old 360 which is a superior game in all regards.
  59. Sep 10, 2014
    Compared to other COD games, this game is garbage. The maps are entirely to big, the colors are to drab and everything looks the same making it difficult to see who you are shooting at, the guns are forgettable (except maybe the tac 12), the spawns are ridiculous. I thought this would have changed from 360 to Xbox One, it hasn't much. People you kill still spawn directly behind you. TheCompared to other COD games, this game is garbage. The maps are entirely to big, the colors are to drab and everything looks the same making it difficult to see who you are shooting at, the guns are forgettable (except maybe the tac 12), the spawns are ridiculous. I thought this would have changed from 360 to Xbox One, it hasn't much. People you kill still spawn directly behind you. The ONLY saving grace this version has compared to the 360 model is that it has many more game modes, at least from when I last played the 360 version. I enjoy drop zone and the new one reinforce is pretty cool too, but overall it's just not very fun to play. Save your money, wait on AW. Expand
  60. Sep 10, 2014
    I just want to explain why I gave it a 4. The game wasn't terrible but it wasn't good. The best parts where were you got to play as the dog and rip people's throats out. Otherwise the story was really bland. Online matchmaking wasn't terrible but the variety of maps seemed very limited unless you decided to fork out more money to buy their mappacks.

1. Dec 19, 2013
    Brave in places, safe in others, Ghosts will delight fans but won't sway anyone with doubts. [Jan 2014, p.74]
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    Infinity Ward has lost capacity, it's out of ideas. Call of Duty: Ghosts is the same blast of scripts in single-player and the conventional formula in multiplayer. That's all. Fun and addictive as always, this game is silent in your Call of Duty collection, it leaves no trace.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is a mess of a game. That’s not to say that it’s nonfunctional or bad to play, rather, it loses sight of its core principles and eschews an amazing opportunity with the advent of our transition to next-gen, as well as being the first true IW CoD sans Zampella and West, through poorly constructed (and utilised) tech, half-assed delivery of modes and a single-player campaign that sets the series back more than a few years.