6.6

1. Mar 12, 2014
    I got Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One for christmas. Since then, I have played it and beat it. Overall, like the other Dead Rising games, it is fun. As a zombie fan, I had to have it. The only big problem with me is the frame rate. That, and the game kind of gets repetitive after a while. It is a good game with a good story. 7/10
  2. Jun 21, 2014
    Incredibly fun game, even if the story is far-fetched. There is nothing horrible or unplayable about this game other than a slow-down when there are too many explosions and zombies in one screen. It is worth the full price, compared to Ryse: Son of Rome.
  3. Dec 2, 2013
    This is my first next gen title, and although it is a fun game the performance could be better. I couldn't tell the graphics difference between a good looking current gen game and this. Note that my last games where Last of Us and GTA V and those games look great.

Putting the fact that its my 1st next gen game aside, I'd also add that the controls are often sluggish. This is a major
    problem in this game jumping, running and, above all, picking up itens on the floor is needlessly difficult and frustrating.

During any boss fight (or in the middle of a horde), good luck if you need to get any specific resource fast. Trying to pick up food among a lot of garbage, eat it, select the right weapon and continue the fight is incredibly difficult.

Still, its a cool game. The streets are filled with a ridiculous amount of zombies, weapons crafting and zombie fighting is very satisfying. There is a lot to do in form of side quests and collectibles, and the map is big enough to allow exploration and immersion. There is also a interesting night and day cycle, and watch out because zombies are more powerful during the night.

Leveling up is easily the best part of the game in my opinion. Once you level up enough weapon creation tools, you'll always have some ridiculously fun weapon at hand This is where the gameplay shines, in my opinion.

Its not a game that will showcase what the new Xbox can do. In that sense, I felt a bit disappointed by it. But crafting weapons and upgrading the character make up for the shortcomings. It feels like a action RPG with zombies and that is always a win in my book.

It'd be a 7,5 for me. It only misses the 8 score mark because of controls.
  4. Jan 8, 2014
    I have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn't the worst game but DEFIANTLY not the best game. The game doesn't have the best graphics but WHO CARES about graphics? The point is to have fun and what the developers point is to do is to get the point across. Would you want better graphics or more content? Content trumps reso and graphics quality Expand
  5. Jan 23, 2014
    Meh... I don't know what to say. If you played Dead Rising 1 and 2 you've play Dead Rising 3. Story is far to short. The side missions are redundant. Overall Dead Rising 3 will be mildly entertaining for a couple of weeks.
  6. Jan 6, 2014
    retty fun game overall if you're looking for a slaughterfest but FAR too easy and so generic. The storyline is about as generic as they come and the lines the characters come up with could be written by a 4th grader: "i was bad once but now i'm going good?"

The weapon combos are cool, but waaaaay too powerful. In the original Dead Rising, you actually had to find the right stores and
    such to arm yourself appropriately for each boss etc. DR3? Just build the electrostaff to easily kill every boss in 30 seconds and give your posse split fire guns and you can walk from one side of the city to the other without being touched. Don't have these weapons? Just stop in the safe house and pick up any weapon you want without having to find your way to that nice police armory you worked to unlock. I never once looked for a gun store, or hardware store, or anything outside of weapons lockers and objectives, never once was stuck using a weapon I had to settle for. 40,000+ kills and all the side missions done when I finished the game and still had over 1.5 days left.

Honestly loved the original, but DR3 was so generic and unchallenging it set it back handily. Heck, I finished the game and probably never went below half health and I didn't even bother taking health items with me. A 1000+ kill streak required no planning or thought on my part...

BUT you kill tons of zombies and that's always tons of fun, which is the one redeeming quality of this game.
  7. Nov 24, 2013
    This game for launch was great since it was only a small price to pay. The game how every is only a bit above average a 7.5 because the single-player campaign lasts only 4 hours not including side quests and collectibles and there is no Multi-player only co-op. The graphic's are about the same as the 360 could handle and the frame-rate did lag on a bit but nothing bad. There are a few glitches but nothing game breaking. The final product is a short, easy campaign with a bit of replay value and nothing to do once you have finished the game and collected everything. So far I have 7 hours played and I have almost got every achievement and collectible in the game. Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2013
    best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Feb 17, 2014
    Gráficos bons e suficientes para um jogo desse tipo. Vale a pena jogar e gerar algumas horas de diversão. O esquema de criar armas é interessante e faz ter vontade de testar todas. Gostei. Nota 8.
  10. Nov 27, 2013
    Game is graphically very good, but as an occasional game player, the game is extremely frustrating with the difficulty of the duels and the constant requirement to go back to a checkpoint with the need to watch the whole movie sequence. Good game design should allow you the option to skip. Not enough time in the day to waste watching the same sequence over and over.
  11. Mar 16, 2014
    Although I haven't finished playing the game yet, it is an incredibly fun game to have! The variety of weapons is immense and the huge open world with insane amounts of zombies makes it easy to find something to throw things at! Hasn't yet got boring and I can see myself playing this game right through to the end and also afterwards!

One downside being that it seems to glitch here and
    there, but nothing that bothers me too much! Expand
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    Where to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. I had more detail in resident evil 5. But lets not take just the graphics away from the game the gameplay at the start isn't bad they throw you right in the mix pretty quickly which I liked. I was a little dissapointed when I first made the sledge saw as it didn't even show up in the guys hands. There I am swinging around nothing cutting zombies in half. Maybe its just a slight glitch but I'm sure when I fire it up again today it might be visible. All in all my first impression is that its going to be a pretty descent game. Deffinately a picker upper to get you used to playing the new Xbox. I look toward to seeing how both consoles pan out. Expand
  13. Dec 26, 2013
    Truth be told, I've never been a fan of the Dead Rising games. I played much of the first one, but the always timed missions was always a turn off. But since I wanted a game on the xbox one that I could sink a lot of hours into, I decided to try Dead Rising 3. For me, it's hit and miss.
    GRAPHICS(8): While the graphics certainly won't blow you away, they are very good. What stands out, of
    course, is the amount of zombies on screen at the same time. Like hundreds...now that's impressive. Everything else, from the character models to the environments, are good but not outstanding.
    PRESENTATION(7); Dead Rising 3 actually does a great job with presenting it's story, with lots of cut scenes and setting up big events with great flare. However, the story itself is so silly and stupid that it makes me wonder why Capcom went through the trouble. And the main character, Nick, is just a douche.
    GAMEPLAY(7): Again, a mixed bag. The zombie killing, weapon building, vehicle building and just the overall moment to moment action is awesome. It's a lot of fun just to run around a beat up zombies. However, so many of Dead Rising 3's gameplay designs hurt it. Why should I go through the trouble of building weapons when they only last for a few minutes? Or vehicles that blow up, again, after a few minutes? I'm ok with weapons and vehicles not lasting forever, but the limit is so short. Also, roadblocks are everywhere in the city, which means anytime you try to get from point a to point b, you have to not only fight zombies, but the streets themselves. And while it's awesome how zombies come at you nonstop, it can be overkill when you can't even pick a weapon up without being mugged. All of these didn't bother me much early on, but by the end of the game I was very frustrated.
    CONTROLS(9): Probably Dead Rising 3's greatest strength, controls are almost perfect, with the one exception being a menu system that could have been more user friendly, especially the map.
    FUN(9): Again, DR3 is a lot of fun. The zombies are insane, and the vehicles are too. Lots to play with.
    OVERALL(7): But ultimately, too many things bother me about DR3. Graphics aren't next gen, weapons and vehicles get used up to quickly, roadblocks everywhere you go, a silly and stupid story. I know a lot of people can look past these things, but I feel like once again the Dead Rising series is good, not great. If there were a more serious story and more freedom from things like roadblocks, maybe it could be great. For now, it's just good...
  14. Dec 8, 2013
    There is no denying you can have a ton of fun in this game killing zombies in almost any way you can think off. The graphics are solid with huge number of zombies on your screen. It has a few glitches here and there but if you love killing zombies this is the game for you
  15. Dec 24, 2013
    The most important thing Dead Rising 3 had to accomplish is to be fun, and it utterly succeeds! It's also far easier for casual gamers to get in to, as it is not as hard as Dead Rising 2. However, it can be to easy in co-op, which as fun as it is, can take away from the expirence. The story is very straight forward and extremely un memorable. But who plays Dead Rising for the story? We play Dead Rising for the gameplay, which here, like always, is brilliant. The action is fast and fluid, and everything runs so smoothly, except from the occasional glitch. The diaologue is always funny and entertaining, but can feel out of place when the story tries to take a serious tone. The crafting is also wired and wacky, allowing you to make some truly marvellous and creative weapons, each with its own unique feel. Sometimes the gameplay feels a little repetive, but that notion is kicked out the window by the new weapons. This is a game everyone can enjoy, and a real selling point for the Xbox One. Expand
  16. Aug 9, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is an awesome game. The story is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The gameplay is fluid thanks to a variety of weapons. My only complaint is that the game crashed about three times on me.
  17. Dec 18, 2013
    sdcsdcsdcsdc ds sd vdsv sdv dsv dsv sd vsdv sdb adfb sdgfns fgns fgnsfgn sfgnsf gnsfgns fgnsfg nsfgn sfgnsf gnsfg nsfgn sfgns fgnstn arger grG ARGAERG AEWRGAE RG
  18. Dec 22, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is a bit of a mixed bag, and in that bag you'll find a lot of fun, a lot of combo weapons, vehicles and good co-op. Unfortunately all that's buried under a pile of crap, the graphics are average at best, but very grainy and give off an un-polished look, the story is short and boring, couple that with abysmal map design and a slew of fetch quest and you've got you're self one average game Expand
  19. Jan 29, 2014
    You better really, really love killing zombies because that's all there is in this game. Hours upon hours of flogging/kicking/punching/gunning/tearing/slicing/dicing/running over of zombies with just about anything you can get your hands on. I'd have no qualms over renting it or borrowing it from a friend for a couple days, but beyond that, I don't know if the price tag is worth a few hours of entertainment. There was also quite a few missions (especially the boss ones) where I had to restart or redo because either a) something that was supposed to happen didn't happen [i.e. something that was supposed to explode to make a path for you didn't explode, the conversation you need to have with a side character just won't trigger, etc. ] or b) an element glitched badly enough that it just didn't...work (i.e. that dude you need to pick up with your car just flew into the wall space and, thus, no longer exists, leaving you forever stranded at the same mission). Expand
  20. Dec 23, 2013
    This is the first Dead Rising series that I actually like. The fixed some of the issues of the controls and added insanely funny weapons and vehicles. It's kind of like playing Grand Theft Auto with Zombies. Some parts are frustratingly difficult but the inclusion of Smart Glass really makes this game stand out.
  21. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the killerapps for the X-box one.
    Really nice game who mantain the essence of the previous ones with some good innovations.
    As all the xbox One games and the console itself you can see it has ben released in rush without perfecting all the details and mistakes but overall is a really good game capable of give you many hours of fun with open world action,thousands of weapons and
    player personalisation.
    Bad point is the main character who doesn't have a presonality and doesen't seem a Tough-zombie-killer as it must be in such a contest.Recommended!
  22. Dec 29, 2013
    I'll say right off the bat; to _fully_ enjoy Dead Rising 3, you need to have played the first two games. Anyone who has a cry about the mechanics, the tone of the game, the story or anything else that hasn't done that is just ignorantly flapping their mouths without understanding how the series has evolved. Sometimes those ignorant flappings are well written and coherent, which is lovely, but a lot of the reviews I'm reading here seem to be from people who have no clue what their talking about and/or must really, just really suck at the game. You wouldn't read the third sequel in a trilogy of books and complain you don't know what's going on, so why do it for a video game?

Graphics;
    Let me spell something out for you; Large amount of models Large amount of graphical power used, locking the games FPS was to prevent the nuisance of slowdowns. Could they have used a better work around? Maybe, but it's pretty impressive when you understand that they can literally have THOUSANDS of zombies on screen.

That point defended, yes, some of the textures and models aren't exactly stellar, the burgers look like they're made of candy and some of the other proportions for other items are really odd. From a gameplay standpoint it does make them a little easier to spot against everything else, but I don't think that should have been sacrificed. Character models are reasonably detailed, some of the psychopaths to a more disgusting extent.

Gameplay;
    It's pretty much just Dead Rising 2 but a little more refined, the lack of combo bench now means no more annoying treks when you find a couple items you know fit together, on the flip side, you need the recipes to even put those items together. Combo vehicles are nifty, but altogether they aren't particularly useful except for a laugh and maybe another 10 seconds of driving before it explodes. In Co-op mode, having someone intelligent in the gunner seat does help, but it's a small benefit.

There seems to be a nice progression in the scale of usefulness for the blueprints you find just on your way to side missions and the story missions, you'll find some classic blueprints and having a lot of them that can be upgraded is handy. Of course if you go out of your way to collect them all from the get-go, you're going to be very bored eventually just making your favourite weapons for the rest of the game.

As for difficulty, this game is MUCH easier than previous installments. The locker of combo weapons in the safe houses, unlocking the ability to keep recruitable survivors from actually dying, plentiful health drops even in boss fights, it feels like this game was toned down considerably for the current generation of gamers. If you want the real experience, play it on Nightmare mode.

Audio;
    Zombies moan, guns shoot, things swing, slash and thump. A lot of menu/world sound effects have been recycled from previous games, but that just adds to that feeling of 'Hey, this is Dead Rising.' I do have a small complaint about the voice acting between Nick and Annie, I know they were trying to capture an awkward romance but it just come out entirely awkward.

Story;
    Honestly, pretty meh. The few big reveals they did never really made me go 'Wow, really?!' There were also a few battles that honestly felt like they drew out of a hat and forced them in, in particular was Diego's astronaut freakout battle, that whole thing just had me scratching my head as to why the hell I was even doing it. Some of the psychopaths are also a little too heavy on the satire and just came across as distasteful. The psycho fat woman stuffing her face, the stereotypical asian man in a zen garden, the super buff bodybuilding woman getting mistaken for a man, these all felt like the game was simultaneously trying too hard and not hard enough.

The few nods they have to the previous games are enjoyable for veterans, but in the end it didn't feel like you'd actually accomplished something like you did in the other installments.

_______

To summarise; Dead Rising 3 is an acceptable sequel that does miss the mark on a few issues, but if you're an even half-competent gamer and you're not a graphics-Nazi, you'll get enough enjoyment out of it to justify the spend.
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 keeps the player extremely well occupied, with a heavy amount of challenging side missions and collectibles, including blueprints for mad combo weapons and ridiculously fun vehicles. The mechanics are slightly clunky, but this rarely causes any problems. DR3's graphics aren't exactly worthy of being called 'next gen', but this shouldn't matter if you're there to have fun, and besides, this (in a way) adds to the dark, gloomy atmosphere that the game intends. Slashing through overwhelming hordes of zombies is usually entertaining, but true excitement comes when unleashing bizarre, newly constructed combo weapons upon the angry un-dead. You can upgrade your character using attribute points, which are mostly earned through leveling-up. The upgrade system is simple, beneficial, and rewarding. The story line and characters are fairly uninspiring, but this really isn't a focus of the dead rising series. Its about over-the-top humor and having fun. Despite poor character development the main story is surprisingly fun and engaging. I wont say much more as you should discover this yourself.

Of course though, there are the negatives. The controls are a bit stiff and attempting to switch weapon slots, especially when in a rush, can be extremely awkward. It either switches to a weapon I never intended to use, or doesn't switch at all. But the main reason I have only rated Dead Rising 3 a 7/10, is due to the content of the side missions. These usually include carrying out complicated and pointless tasks in order to gain a survivor. You rarely get a valuable reward such as a blueprint or collectible. Some even give you terrible guidance, leaving you having to go on youtube or forums just to understand how to complete them. For instance, one mission entailed me having to carry out a special attack on 5 zombies, telling me I had to click Y+B to do it. It turns out that there was in fact another step in doing a special attack. I didn't discover this until later in the game. Side missions are actually the most important part of this game, seeing as the main story is short and free-roaming isn't really that interesting, so the fact that many of them are extremely annoying damages the game.

Overall, I would still recommend Dead Rising 3, as its a worthy exclusive for the early days of Xbox One.
    It will certainly keep you entertained for a few months, and has many reasons to be played more than once. If your looking for a shiny next gen game I wouldn't even glance, but despite the faults, for its beautiful zombie dicing madness, you wont feel sorry for dishing out £50 ($60).
  24. Dec 30, 2013
    a great game. The best deadrising until here. The graphics are not perfect but worth playing cause is very funny.

The game flows very well in the story mode is very cool and go over the zombies with comprensor roll.
  25. Dec 31, 2013
    When I bought my Xbox One, there was one game I truly wanted, which was Dead Rising 3. I was planning on buying a PS4, but when this was announced at E3, I jumped ship. And I was not disappointed in the slightest. I had no problems with the frame rate, it stayed 30fps the whole time (I didn't mind 30). The graphics were good, but if you want a game for graphics, play Ryse. This games graphics are not pushing the console's limits, but there is 1 thing that truly matters in games, which is fun factor. This game is probably the most fun I've had since Borderlands 2. You never grow tired of zombie killing. If you are the type of person who only cares about graphics (and you are a terrible person if you are), buy Ryse or Forza. If you enjoy everything that goes into a game, play DR3. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  26. Jan 1, 2014
    The game was great fun. While my initial impression was that there was very little depth and you just ran around mindlessly killing zombies, after I sought out the various blueprints and achievements the game became a lot more interesting. I played it through and beat the game happily.

Pros: Tons of zombies to kill, endless weapon crafting combos, decent storyline, became interested
    in characters, seamless gameplay, co-op mode can be fun with the right partner, psycho missions were a blast

Cons: Too much travel to the same places in maze-like conditions, weapons wear out very quickly, some of the boss fights were way too easy, too many side missions that they actually became overwhelming

Mixed: Zombies never end, sometimes you just want to clear an area just to find it is completely full again

All in all I would definitely play again. I wouldn't say I would buy the game as it has very little replay value but it was definitely worth the rent.
  27. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is actually really fun, Most of the negative reviews are usually from Sony fan boys trying to give every Xbox One game a bad review.

The graphics are actually really good considering how many Zombies it can render on screen at one time. It's one of the nicest Xbox One launch titles and highly recommended.
  28. Jan 5, 2014
    I played this game for hours and hours. Finishing with a 30,000+ kill count, then I beat it all over again on Nightmare mode. While it does not contain cutting edge graphics it does bring along fun game play. Ever seen a man in knights armor hit a zombie with a giant teddy bear? You will in this game.
  29. Feb 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 still packs zombie killing fun. But...You can't appreciate it with overpowered weapons that can be easily obtained and constant zombie spawning. With no sense of a accomplishment. The story seems very flat and not much thought put into. The psychopaths are very ridicules and you don't need to study them to defeat them. Just simply knee drop them until they die. Kill streaks make it too easy to level up. To simply put it the game has zombie killing fun into it. It falls flat into about everything else. Not a challenging game not a story with much thought put into it, it was very basic. Expand
  30. Jan 9, 2014
    At first I thought this game was the best thing ever. But after about 10 hours, it was so repetitive that I couldn't bear it. Once you get past the pretty cool weapon crafting mechanics and vehicles, not much is left.
  31. Feb 23, 2014
    first off id like to say id give this like an 8.5 but no option is given sadly. anyway this game is great there is so much to do and killing zombies with all the different combo weapons, 98 i believe is so satisfying. the chaos you can create is at times jaw dropping. also the graphics for are gorgeous as well as the dismemberment and the game runs smoothly. the story was my only concern coming into the game and the reason i didn't buy the DR 1 or 2. but the story had a mostly serious tone but had some moments that wernt serious but overall the story was solid. what i love the most is the amount of content in the game with the frank statues to the blueprints,achievements and pp trials to complete. only down side was the story which wasn't bad but not the best and occasional bugs, besides that great launch title for the Xbox one! Expand
  32. Jan 16, 2014
    Excellent game for an Xbox one launch title. Many, many things to do in the game. I had spent countless hours just using any weapon to hack, slash and absolutely destroy zombies before I even started the story, but once you finish the story, found every collectable, completed all the side missions it doesn't have much more redeeming value. Other than that the game is very enjoyable well worth the money spent on it (if not more), I recommend this game to anyone who likes or loves open world RPG style games, oh and zombies. Expand
  33. Jan 19, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is a great game and is the best Xbox One launch title. Microsoft did it right when they made it a exclusive for the Xbox One because it made me and a lot of people get a Xbox One for this game. The game did get boring for me though a couple hours after I beat the story. But over all this is a great game and if you have a Xbox One and you don't have this game then you should definitely get this game. Expand
  34. Jan 25, 2014
    DR3 promises a next-gen installment of their series, but what they deliver seems a bit far from their advertising. I must add a disclaimer, I seem to be a hot headed gamer, and I did in fact lose my **** a couple of times playing the game, but I feel that it was with the frustration of the game mechanics more so than me just slamming the game for my lack of skill.The DR franchise has always had a tongue-in-cheek appeal to the zombie survival horror genre, and while it was fun to goof around with in the first game, it quickly became stale afterward. The game's lust for bashing endless amounts of zombie skulls met a few road blocks with poorly constructed mechanics that lead to boss fights of rivaling frustrations. In DR 1 the player could shovel through a handful of zombies with no problem, but if a horde showed up (especially after dark) the player had to reconsider taking action as the player could become overwhelmed. When the player faced slow paced enemies there wasn't much of a concern, yet the quicker the enemy, and the longer their range of attack, the more the player suffered with slow and clunky controls. Now, DR 3 fixed that with quick paced movement and an all around improved fighting system. But the game begins to stumble with the larger scaled world the player is dumped into and the smaller details brought out because of the new world.
    First, the car mechanics. Having an open world with four semi isolated sub cities was not just big in the physical sense, but in that it had to give proper attention to each hub while making it not a burden on the player to cross the city. The trouble is that there is so much crisscrossing between neighborhoods that it begins to feel like a burden when a horde of a couple of thousand zeds clog your radiator. The cars seem to fall apart about every mile or so which gets stressful when the next car is the half totaled one you left a few hours ago. The fix for this was adding vehicle mods, which I will agree was hella fun to mow down hundreds of zombies, but they too fell apart rather quickly (particularly when explosive barrels snuck their way under the zombie hives). This is a realistic problem, and Im not complaining about the finite nature of the cars, but the controls of the vehicles were difficult and clunky similar to DR 1's basic controls. Turning was extremely loose, which allows for quick corner turns, but at high speeds the vehicle can easily crash into debris, or explosive barrels that can take out your car in a couple hits. Stopping and changing direction is extremely slow, and resembles Austin Powers stuck in a hallway with a tour guide golf cart. The maneuverability, and durability became an issue with an exceeding number of appearing road blocks as you pass on through the game. It is smart for the developers to make the player rely on the vehicle mod feature, but a flame throwing chopper/steam roller still falls apart the same at an impassible barrier. Again, with the frequency of use of vehicles and travel, this was a small oversight, but causes more frustration than necessary.
    Second , the game felt like too much of an errand run. I understand the need for scavenging for survival, but it began to feel like a grind when most tasks involved running across town and back to finish one mission. The pain of depending on the vehicles was an issue when having to repeat trips, but the player doesn't get any rest with these requests when your radio keeps squawking with similar requests. The player can become overwhelmed with unnecessary tasks if they let them stack up, and they will stack fast. DR 3 never changed from its origin in this regard, which can kill the replay value of the game. The player never has to engage in side missions, but as they pile up alongside the never ending random damsels in distress, there is a never ending source of stress eating at the player. This is not a bad segment of the game, nor one that should be cut out, but it should be cut back and should allow for another style of side mission that doesn't involve mothering the entire city. You should feel some sort of satisfaction and accomplishment from cleaning your dirty dishes, but if your roommate is too much of a stubborn ass to do them , you shouldn't feel the need to take on that responsibility for your own sanity (there may be a trace of a real life scenario here). But hey, maybe you are the type of person that can handle that much nagging, but the game should be about exploring past its core intent to satisfy its player. These developers should be asking what would a player actually enjoy to boost its value and longevity, not something that will become a chore to increase its play time and maybe even trick a player into sticking with the game.
    Anyway, this isn't a formal analysis of DR3, just my immediate thoughts on the game and series.
    Con Queso y Amor
    LT
  35. Mar 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great game. It's funny and fun. My favorite weapon is the thrust cannon. It shoots out fire and ice, is very powerful, and the design is hilarious. Get this game. You won't regret it.
  36. Jan 27, 2014
    An amazing zombie game. It has funny side missions, great boss battles, an amazing story line, and not the best- but great graphics. It's amazing by the shear amount of zombies it can hold on the screen. Awesome combos and weapons, and an amazing launch game. If your looking for a fun, open world, grand theft auto like game ( except with zombies), this is the game to get.
  37. Feb 11, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is truely next gen. There are great graphics thousands of thousand of zombies and almost no loading screens. You could not pull that off on the 360 and ps3.There are also lots of combo weapons but I feel that there wasn't enough combo vehicles. The story is alright I did at times hate and love characters but I found that if you don't do any side quests and if you cut out the travel time the story is only like 6 hours long. if your looking to pick up an xbox one I would definetly recomend this game. Expand
  38. Feb 21, 2014
    Fantastic game, a true masterpiece from Capcom! From single-player to playing with friends over the internet, this game is unbeatable fun! Hundreds of weapons and vehicles are to be crafted and used with brilliant animations in this technological masterpiece! With thousands of zombies on screen at any one time, this is easily one of the most impressive games on the market.
    The graphics
    are good, but you would have probably seen better in games such as Forza. However, they don't take anything away from the awesome game-play. I would recommend this game not only to zombies fans, but to casual gamers as well. 10 out of 10. Epic! Expand
  39. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is great! The point of the game is to get to a point in the city where you can be evacuated and you have under 6 days to get there! You have to use your skills along with the blue prints you find to fight your way through hoards of zombies and solve multiple tasks required to reach your final destination.

Overall, the game looks great! It is a cut above the last generation
    so I'm not sure why people are comparing the graphics to the 360 as this has some many Zombies that are way more detailed than either the 360 or the PS3 were capable of.

If there's a game that's close to owning the console for, this is presently it and it is easily better than anything the PS4 has going for it at the moment (In the future the Sony will improve but, right now there's no exclusive better than this).

Anyway, this is a great game and if you bought an Xbox One, this is worth owning.
  40. Feb 27, 2014
    Easily one of, if not, the best game released with the Xbox One. It's certainly not perfect, but aspects of the game make it clear that this generation of consoles will do huge things. The gameplay is amazing. There is such a wide variety of missions, weapons, and enemies. It's tough to get bored of finding new ways to kill zombies - just when I would think I loved using one weapon, a new weapon would come along and become my favorite to use. The same idea goes for enemies and mission types; the game evolves as you become more experienced so that it doesn't overly easy. While the graphics can be a little off during cut scenes or when you travel too quickly using a fast vehicle, they are generally smooth. The game's engine is dynamite. There are thousands of zombies, all with their own, specific coding. Just when you think you've cleared an area, you turn the corner and BOOM, there's another thousand zombies to mow down. Being the first game I played on Xbox One, I feel that there is certainly a little bias. However, Dead Rising 3 is a game that will entertain you for days. Expand
  41. Mar 10, 2014
    Pro's: Open world shooter, hundreds of zombies in all directions, Decent sized map, No loading, Good graphics for an "open world game", re-playable

Con's: Cut scenes graphics could have been better, technically there's still a time limit, and you have to stay within the story mode.

Ultimately this is a fun @ss game; it's an open world shooter, with hundreds of zombies in all
    directions. The map is a good size, and there's not loading. The graphics could have been better (during the cut scenes), but they are anything but "bad". They are hit & miss (some characters look really good; others are just okay - comparing to what we think "next gen" should look like). However, the graphics (in-game) are better than any other "open world" shooter, we've played previous gen. The only negatives is that there is still a time limit (despite them claiming there is not), and you're always in the story mode.. Keep in mind that the time limit is extended so far that you don't have to worry about it, but still... it's besides the point. You can also free roam and do your own thing throughout the game (even though your technically always in story mode). I would have liked them to make a separate game type (or say, after you beat the game) that allowed total free roam without the story & time limit, that allows you to just blow crap up. Technically, you can do that anyways (believe me, time limit is not an issue); maybe it's OCD, I would have just liked to see a separate free roam selection. Although, you can always just join a multiplayer game (into someone else's story) and just f' around.

The game is fun as hell... Beat it three times, played around in multiplayer as well.
  42. Aug 9, 2014
    This is just a pretty bad game in a lot of ways, I'd avoid it. The graphics are awful for a supposedly next gen game, there's nothing the 360 couldn't do really, everyone says it's the number of zombies on screen that makes this next gen but to be honest, Dead Rising 1 had plenty and that was a much tighter game control wise too, and it was better aesthetically in my opinion.

There's a
    plane featured at the very beginning of the game, and it looks like it came straight out a PS2 game, the controls are wonky and all over the place on the controller and the story is non-existent.

The Super turbo blah blah is slightly better but if you have to play this, don't buy, borrow.
  43. Mar 11, 2014
    The best Dead Rising in the series. The map is large, and the zombie killing is just crazy. There are a huge number of combo weapons and vehicles, the number of zombies on screen is amazing, and the amount of fun to be had is staggering...
    For a little more than a week.
    I am not saying it gets old, it is just easy to max out the main character, and if you do not have a friend to bash
    zombies with, it begins to feel almost lonely.
    The plus side is the addition of challenges. There are a large amount of challenges that tell you to kill zombies in certain ways or to complete certain tasks, as well as collectables that will keep competitions busy for a while.
    If you enjoy mindless fun, DR3 is hard to go wrong with.
    If you need something a little more sophisticated, you can always go outside.
  44. Mar 24, 2014
    It looks nice, it plays OK and it bores you quickly. Exclusive is only any good if it wows. Overly familiar and lacking in that Next Gen wow factor I was craving.
  45. Mar 21, 2014
    If you want a game that is simply a lot of fun and has a good sense of humor, then buy this game. This game is an awful lot like Grand Theft Auto meets Dead Island meets anime. The graphics are not good though. The timer is also extremely annoying.
  46. Aug 2, 2014
    When I got Dead Rising 2 for free with Games for Gold on X360, I was not a fan of the game. The constant time limit that was on side quests and the main story in the game just sucked the fun out of so much in the game, collecting Zombrex was annoying, the combat was slightly dull, and the game was too harsh on you in other points. Thankfully, with Dead Rising 3, it throws away all that BS, but it doesn't make the game perfect. Yes, DR3 is hands down one of my favourite games on Xbox One, but that doesn't mean it has its fair share annoyances. Let's start with the graphics. Overall, the game did please my eyes. Textures up close looked muddy, though. Then again, the game makes up for all the small flaws in the graphics with how many zombies it puts on screen. There might be so, so, so many in a small street, and the game needs that because you will kill A LOT with the creatively awesome weapons you use. The weapons by themselves are pretty basic and boring, but if you find the blueprints around the city, you can combine those things into killing machines. While the combat with these weapons is basically just light and heavy attacks, it gets very varied because of how different and awesome these weapons are. They can range from flaming giant scythes to a shotgun with a blade on it. I constantly had fun killing countless numbers of zombies, but the zombies won't stop coming at you, and that got challenging at points (not a flaw). The game also makes you fight human enemies at times known as psychos. These boss fights aren't amazingly designed, but they were a good break from fighting zombies. The city you roam around in the game is meh. I actually liked the setting of Dead Rising 2 because I felt one area was always different than the last. The city here is more urban, so they weren't very creative with it. Plus, it seemed like I always came across roadblocks when I was driving a car, which was annoying. The story here is ok. What I really disliked, though, is the constant change of tone in the game. One minute you'll hear a sex joke, then the next you'll be grieving over the death of a loved one. I wish they just focused on one, single tone. Dead Rising 3 is not a perfect game, no, not even close. However, it offers the one and only thing I really want in games: a good time. And that's what I want, first and foremost. Expand
  47. Mar 24, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is the funniest Dead Rising ever. Its renewed weapon and combo system offer you thousands of possibilities. Moreover, it has a great campaign full of awesome missions.
  48. Mar 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is such a brilliant and underrated game. DR3 is much better than DR1 and 2 in my opinion. The game looks really good, the amount of zombies that Capcom can fit onto the screen at any one time is astounding. The story isn't perfect, but it's very well done and always held my interest. The game is a lot of fun over all and it's challenging in all the right areas. Multiplayer is what makes this game really fun though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a really fun game that offers 15 to 20 hours of gameplay. Expand
  49. May 26, 2014
    I only bought this game as a friend of mine recommended it to me. It is very repetitive becomes boring after a short period of time. There is not much to say about it, except from you'll be killing zombies the whole way through.
  50. Apr 30, 2014
    dead rising 3 is a good pick for people that are getting a Xbox one it will bring 100+ of fun and the whole 60$ worth with combo card and are almost endless nothing better then making a teddy bear with LMG on it and you on a roof with a nail gun it good fun the co-op is kinda lame but the story was good if you have played the last 2 game if not maybe start there, there are also a new mode called nightmare which make it like dead rising 1 and zombie are very blood thirty and will wast you fast so be careful an the normal mode is more for exploration and ton of thing to collect , so have fun Expand
  51. May 29, 2014
    I think this game is the best Dead rising game out there, it's worth the purchase. I enjoyed the psychopaths of the game (The 7 deadly sins). Also Don't listen to all the fakers who are giving this game a 0. They don't know what the F*^# they're talking about, and they're jealous the Xbox One got it exclusively.
  52. Jun 4, 2014
    Deadrising 3 makes me nauseous, Because of the Field of view and lack of control. But it's storyline is just as dull, It doesn't know what it wants to be, a Random-crazy awesome Zombie slaying experience, or a dramatic zombie storyteller (which has been done before, and much better). It so awkwardly switches between the two, so the jokes they make feel out of place and forced. Thankfully, It does shine in its "create a weapon" aspect of the game was insanely creative and I enjoyed making new weapons to kill the Hundreds of zombies they shove in your face(which causes constant frame rate drops). Deadrising 3's story is awful, but the gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is actually pretty fun. If you're gonna get it, get it for 40 bucks whenever possible. Expand
  53. Jun 16, 2014
    Something about this game feels very immersive and awesome, but the gameplay involves you killing zombies over and over with light and heavy attacks, x and y. Needless to say, it becomes very repetitive when the gameplay is just you moving from place to place and killing your way through the crowds. There are segments with other human survivors, but they are mediocre compared to other games. It looks better than reviewers say. I would recommend this to anyone looking for some good zombie killing fun with basically no depth besides weapon combos. For deep, engaging gameplay, look elsewhere. Expand
  54. Jun 23, 2014
    Starting with the good, the thousands of zombies is cool, and the home made weapons are fun. That said, the story line is really annoying, and the boss fights are pathetic, out of place, and ruin the feel of a zombie apocalypse. Also,This absolutely is not an open world game!!! It is as linear as a game can be. A true disappointment
  55. Sep 4, 2014
    Got this on Day One, was disapointed as soon as it launched, graphics are notihng special, gameplay is boring and repetitive, and doesnt run that smooth, and the most annoying thing is its fun for about 15 minutes.
  56. Sep 5, 2014
    Like its predecessor, Dead Rising 3 has a lot of the common mistakes of an unpolished game. A poor storyline, bad dialogue, stupid A.I. and a truly horrific combat experience are among the worst qualities of this action zombie game.

The zombies, though numerous and scary looking, are buggy, glitching through walls, like in the previous title– mind you I played Dead Rising 2 in the
    upcoming days of the release of this game, and it was still a buggy, unfinished mess. But surely this time it will be different!

Having the ability to craft weapons everywhere seems well placed in a game such as Dead Rising, and is definitely a step in the right direction. No need to complicate the game any further, mashing buttons is hard enough as is. It is too bad, however, that when you find a blueprint, there are always matching items for the recipe right next to you. In fact, it seems that most every weapon that you find is near another weapon that you can combine with it! Awesome, right? No - it takes away the very experience of the craft weapons, making them as mundane as if you were to simply pick up a regular one. But I guess that you do get half a cutscene to watch, every time you craft a weapon. And there is a new attribute system. Neat!

Yes, surely Capcom cares about delivering a good product to us, the consumers. This cannot be yet another example of unoriginal, unpolished, uninteresting undead action garbage. Did someone say day-one DLC? More DLCS to come? We should all purchase this game and its coming extra material; we should have even pre-purchased it, despite pirates having access to it days before us. It’s not like we have anything better to spend our money on, right?

TLDR:

Dead Rising 3 is not worth buying, just like Dead Rising 2 was never worth buying. Do not let yourselves be convinced by expensive trailers and paid off reviewers – this game is, I am sorry to say, just another example of overhyped trash.
  57. Aug 13, 2014
    Overall I found DR3 to be a pretty fun game: The game world is huge (but still not anywhere near the size of an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game), the story line is actually pretty decent for this genre and there are a ton of side quests to do, there are tons of zombies on screen and tons more to kill, the weapon variety is great and the weapon/vehicle synthesis is a fun feature.

On the
    flip side, the graphics are pretty sub-par; there are 360 games that look much better than DR3. Once you get around the max level I find the game starts to get boring really fast. Expand
  58. Sep 6, 2014
    I ain't gonna front, I didn't think this game was going to be all that good, but running the game at 60fps max's out @ 1440p this game looks awesome and gameplay is damn sweet. Killing zombies with a variety of weapons is just fun. Story line is good to, only issue is how short the game is but I'm cool with that, much longer and it would have seemed to be dragged out. Good fun!

A fun, wild waste of time that doesn't really live up to its predecessors.
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  3. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]