6.7

1. Mar 24, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is the funniest Dead Rising ever. Its renewed weapon and combo system offer you thousands of possibilities. Moreover, it has a great campaign full of awesome missions.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is such a brilliant and underrated game. DR3 is much better than DR1 and 2 in my opinion. The game looks really good, the amount of zombies that Capcom can fit onto the screen at any one time is astounding. The story isn't perfect, but it's very well done and always held my interest. The game is a lot of fun over all and it's challenging in all the right areas. Multiplayer isDead Rising 3 is such a brilliant and underrated game. DR3 is much better than DR1 and 2 in my opinion. The game looks really good, the amount of zombies that Capcom can fit onto the screen at any one time is astounding. The story isn't perfect, but it's very well done and always held my interest. The game is a lot of fun over all and it's challenging in all the right areas. Multiplayer is what makes this game really fun though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a really fun game that offers 15 to 20 hours of gameplay. Expand
  3. Apr 30, 2014
    dead rising 3 is a good pick for people that are getting a Xbox one it will bring 100+ of fun and the whole 60$ worth with combo card and are almost endless nothing better then making a teddy bear with LMG on it and you on a roof with a nail gun it good fun the co-op is kinda lame but the story was good if you have played the last 2 game if not maybe start there, there are also a newdead rising 3 is a good pick for people that are getting a Xbox one it will bring 100+ of fun and the whole 60$ worth with combo card and are almost endless nothing better then making a teddy bear with LMG on it and you on a roof with a nail gun it good fun the co-op is kinda lame but the story was good if you have played the last 2 game if not maybe start there, there are also a new mode called nightmare which make it like dead rising 1 and zombie are very blood thirty and will wast you fast so be careful an the normal mode is more for exploration and ton of thing to collect , so have fun Expand
  4. May 29, 2014
    I think this game is the best Dead rising game out there, it's worth the purchase. I enjoyed the psychopaths of the game (The 7 deadly sins). Also Don't listen to all the fakers who are giving this game a 0. They don't know what the F*^# they're talking about, and they're jealous the Xbox One got it exclusively.
  5. Jun 23, 2014
    Starting with the good, the thousands of zombies is cool, and the home made weapons are fun. That said, the story line is really annoying, and the boss fights are pathetic, out of place, and ruin the feel of a zombie apocalypse. Also,This absolutely is not an open world game!!! It is as linear as a game can be. A true disappointment
  6. Sep 5, 2014
    Like its predecessor, Dead Rising 3 has a lot of the common mistakes of an unpolished game. A poor storyline, bad dialogue, stupid A.I. and a truly horrific combat experience are among the worst qualities of this action zombie game.

The zombies, though numerous and scary looking, are buggy, glitching through walls, like in the previous title– mind you I played Dead Rising 2 in the upcoming days of the release of this game, and it was still a buggy, unfinished mess. But surely this time it will be different!

Having the ability to craft weapons everywhere seems well placed in a game such as Dead Rising, and is definitely a step in the right direction. No need to complicate the game any further, mashing buttons is hard enough as is. It is too bad, however, that when you find a blueprint, there are always matching items for the recipe right next to you. In fact, it seems that most every weapon that you find is near another weapon that you can combine with it! Awesome, right? No - it takes away the very experience of the craft weapons, making them as mundane as if you were to simply pick up a regular one. But I guess that you do get half a cutscene to watch, every time you craft a weapon. And there is a new attribute system. Neat!

Yes, surely Capcom cares about delivering a good product to us, the consumers. This cannot be yet another example of unoriginal, unpolished, uninteresting undead action garbage. Did someone say day-one DLC? More DLCS to come? We should all purchase this game and its coming extra material; we should have even pre-purchased it, despite pirates having access to it days before us. It’s not like we have anything better to spend our money on, right?

TLDR:

Dead Rising 3 is not worth buying, just like Dead Rising 2 was never worth buying. Do not let yourselves be convinced by expensive trailers and paid off reviewers – this game is, I am sorry to say, just another example of overhyped trash.
  7. Sep 6, 2014
    I ain't gonna front, I didn't think this game was going to be all that good, but running the game at 60fps max's out @ 1440p this game looks awesome and gameplay is damn sweet. Killing zombies with a variety of weapons is just fun. Story line is good to, only issue is how short the game is but I'm cool with that, much longer and it would have seemed to be dragged out. Good fun!
  8. Oct 22, 2014
    Really fun game, have finished all side quest including psychopats. Graphic is bad but didn't feel frame drop and I didnt play with 16GB update. 1000 zombies on screen!
    Nearing the end I wab bit bored from too much driveing from one edge of map to the other.
  9. Oct 11, 2014
    You'll love it or hate it. If you have a quirky sense if humour, you will find a lot to **** about. The gameplay can be a little dated at times but the controls respond well. So many zombies on screen at once and with plenty of variation too. Particularly at night things get more heated. Nice selection of weapons, vehicles and wacky outfits to play with. Picking up the Super Remix dlc forYou'll love it or hate it. If you have a quirky sense if humour, you will find a lot to **** about. The gameplay can be a little dated at times but the controls respond well. So many zombies on screen at once and with plenty of variation too. Particularly at night things get more heated. Nice selection of weapons, vehicles and wacky outfits to play with. Picking up the Super Remix dlc for Dr3 is highly recommended as its just off the hook. Id recommend you try before you buy if you can its going to be everyone's cup of tea. Expand
  10. Jan 18, 2015
    This was a hard one for me to score because it retains the same flavour Dead Rising fans have come to expect from the style of storytelling and camera work, but ultimately there were just too many flaws to make this a fully enjoyable experience. The game suffers from some really weird series-changing ideas that werent fleshed out fully. The "open world" sections arent nearly as cool as theThis was a hard one for me to score because it retains the same flavour Dead Rising fans have come to expect from the style of storytelling and camera work, but ultimately there were just too many flaws to make this a fully enjoyable experience. The game suffers from some really weird series-changing ideas that werent fleshed out fully. The "open world" sections arent nearly as cool as the first 2 games -- sure, we're no longer confined to a mall, but the world now lacks any personality and is instead just a bunch of streets and empty buildings with psychos scattered throughout in generic locations. The control mapping is incredibly clunky and the visuals do look very X360. It was awesome to see how many zombies they were able to fit on screen though, but I cant help but think if they had sacrificed some of those unnecessary 'extras' for a visual bump it would have been far better. Overall, as someone who really enjoyed Dead Rising 1 and 2 this was a bit of a disappointment. Expand
  11. Dec 14, 2013
    I always loved the Dead Rising series, but it always had some frustrating design flaws that marred the overall experience and made it hard for me to recommend to all.

From unfair, tedious boss battles to a frustrating save system all of that seems to have taken on board and I think unshackled the game from it's well-meaning, but clumsy predecessors.
  12. Dec 22, 2013
    This game has a few fatal flaws
    here's a list
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Missleading Navigational compass. Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances. Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard Online lag Slowdown when too much action is on screen Low Res texture pop in Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die. Aside from these issues
    This game has a few fatal flaws
    here's a list
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Missleading Navigational compass.
    Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances.
    Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard
    Online lag
    Slowdown when too much action is on screen
    Low Res texture pop in
    Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die.

Aside from these issues the game has the best melee combat, shooting controls seen in any other third person action game. The multiplayer is also well implimented. It's a shame they didn't delay the game to fix these problems.

I'd like a sequel or reworked edition to address this game's issues. I'd also like to suggest putting in a death match and local multi player mode. Since you play a mechanic, why not fix broken vehicles?
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    Hundreds of unique zombies on-screen at a time, creative/fun weapons & vehicles to slaughter them with. High replay-ability, decent enough story, co-op play is a huge plus.
  14. Jan 22, 2014
    Now this is a great launch title for the Xbox One. I never got into the first dead rising on Xbox 360 and never played dead rising 2. but after playing dead rising 3 I Got to admit I'm hooked on this game. Yes you can tell that it was originally made for Xbox 360, but later beefed up and made for The *Awesome* Xbox One.the game is full and I mean full of Zombies at one time with no frameNow this is a great launch title for the Xbox One. I never got into the first dead rising on Xbox 360 and never played dead rising 2. but after playing dead rising 3 I Got to admit I'm hooked on this game. Yes you can tell that it was originally made for Xbox 360, but later beefed up and made for The *Awesome* Xbox One.the game is full and I mean full of Zombies at one time with no frame rate drops in site with the madness going on screen. The game has Humor,gore (lots of gore),sweet vehicles and weapons you can create with ease.the only problem I've seen is some times the games freezes for about a second or two but the game runs fine otherwise so far. so with all that said, Dead Rising 3 is one great game for the Xbox One and a must play. Expand
  15. Dec 24, 2013
    A good game. Don't expect it to be a survival game because it's not. but it's fun to destroy hordes of zombies using combo weapons and veicles. I recommend it
  16. Mar 12, 2014
    I don't have an Xbone I have a PS4 but I played this from start to finish at a buddies.... I don't know how this game got such a low score, the game is fun, what do people expect out of a game that was made to just go around kill zombies and have a blast...It's like those people who gave splatter house a bad review because the game had no good story.... Of course a game named "splatterI don't have an Xbone I have a PS4 but I played this from start to finish at a buddies.... I don't know how this game got such a low score, the game is fun, what do people expect out of a game that was made to just go around kill zombies and have a blast...It's like those people who gave splatter house a bad review because the game had no good story.... Of course a game named "splatter house" will have a good story.lol... Anyway I played through the game and I thought it was much better than the other Dead Risings....Pick it up if you own a xbone Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2014
    Last gen available games aside, I now own every console exclusive launch title. I've played most of them to completion and, I can safely say, that this one was the best out of all of them, PS4 and XB1 combined. While it's obvious that each game is from a different genre, there's just a ton more fun and charm with this game. That's not to say this game is perfect. I fully believe that onceLast gen available games aside, I now own every console exclusive launch title. I've played most of them to completion and, I can safely say, that this one was the best out of all of them, PS4 and XB1 combined. While it's obvious that each game is from a different genre, there's just a ton more fun and charm with this game. That's not to say this game is perfect. I fully believe that once Titanfall and inFamous 3 come out in March, they will pass this game easily. But from a sheer fun standpoint, this game takes the cake. There's so much to do and collect that it can keep you playing for hours on end. The endless number of zombies on the screen is truly great and I had alot of fun here. There are problems, mainly with the graphics. The Last of Us, a last gen game, looks better than this and that's a huge problem. I don't know if they had to sacrifice graphical power to add all those zombies on the screen but it's a huge blow for the game. Plus, the boss battles, as well as the psycho or optional boss battles, are not very good. They can be clunky and hard to beat sometimes just based on technical problems with the camera or controls, which both are not great. Still, with the average score for all the console exclusive launch titles for both systems being so mediocre, this was easily the best of the bunch for me. There's just so much to say about the amount of fun this game brings to the table. While the core gameplay isn't new, it's still a great game to sit and play for a few hours for some fun. But it will fall behind when some of these games for 2014 are released as it just doesn't have the staying power. But then again, I don't believe a single launch title out of all of them will. Expand
  18. Feb 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is personally to me a breath of fresh in a boring dead franchise. Ever since the very first dead rising iv never really cared for them i mean i thought they were ok but i didn't in particularly care for mindlessly killing zombies through a rushed **** storyline. So they never had any interest to me. Even when xbox live was giving away Dead Rising 2 away for free i probablyDead Rising 3 is personally to me a breath of fresh in a boring dead franchise. Ever since the very first dead rising iv never really cared for them i mean i thought they were ok but i didn't in particularly care for mindlessly killing zombies through a rushed **** storyline. So they never had any interest to me. Even when xbox live was giving away Dead Rising 2 away for free i probably played for 4 hours, got bored and moved on. The games weren't bad, they just weren't my cup of tea. However this is not the case with Dead Rising 3. The storyline is fun and hilarious the weapons are outrageous, even-though the game takes well over 20 hours to be everything for one play through it goes by extremely fast and there are actual benefits for going back in and beating the game on nightmare mode. Also its simply amazing to play with another person in co-op. this game is definitely changed how i look at this franchise and i cant wait to see Dead Rising 4. spoiler alert! Expand
  19. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is literally the only game worth buying so far of the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles, in amongst the vast sea of pure launch title this little gem has surfaced, looks great, plays great, the sheer amount of chaos you are capable of is amazing in itself. The story is cool, the main character is likeable, one negative reviewer pointed out the duels are too hard, if the duels areThis game is literally the only game worth buying so far of the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles, in amongst the vast sea of pure launch title this little gem has surfaced, looks great, plays great, the sheer amount of chaos you are capable of is amazing in itself. The story is cool, the main character is likeable, one negative reviewer pointed out the duels are too hard, if the duels are too hard you must be dire at this game, I have not clocked a single death thus far and my complaint would be that the game is too easy!

As for frame rate... if you clock the game at 60fps and then get drops to 30 and lower, your eyes will notice that, it will be jarring. If you lock it at 30fps and it stays that you will adjust to that and it will not be jarring, and, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of zombies within a couple hundred meter radius of your character (I just had a 500zombie kill streak about 10 minutes ago) for there to not be framerate issues in amongst that chaos is great, but the very reason it's locked to 30fps.

Of course in an ideal world it'd clock a consistent 60fps+ and stay there, but the PS4 and Xbox One just aren't capable of that like a PC is!

And then there's the people saying 720p vs 1080p. Seriously I bet most people saying that have no idea of the difference and likely use a TV for their console anyway to all of you out there, try a high spec PC monitor (which will be cheaper than a ****ter quality TV) and witness your console displaying something you never thought it could. I have no idea why that information is kept secret...
  20. Mar 3, 2014
    How could you say the graphics are bad? They're definitely not bad. And if this game was 60fps it would look immeasurably cheesy. People don't understand why developers choose 30fps over 60fps. It's not always for performance.

If you've never played a Dead Rising game before and you play DR3 for 1-5 hours and decide to right a negative review about it, your opinion is practically invalid. It would be like me complaining Call of Duty: Ghosts is a horrible twitchy fast paced shooter when that's what Call of Duty is. They're not going to change the style if its a successful franchise.
    I love the fact they gave players more time to mess around killing zombies, building weapons and vehicles, exploring the world for blueprints and survivors, etc.
    Capcom designed this game to be an arcady, japanese style zombie killing game. The shooting isn't supposed to be realistic. You can combine a cardboard box with a foam finger to create a poking gun to kill zombies with. (is that not hilarious?) So the graphics are literally 8th or 9th on their list for importance. If you played DR2, Dead rising 3 has amazing graphics comparably. The graphics are probably the only reason for the fps drops and fade in textures from distances.
    The controls are smoother than before and there are a ton of player upgrades and abilities. I love it

All in all, if you like the Dead Rising franchise, this game takes Dead Rising to a new level. 8.5/10 for me
  21. Feb 25, 2014
    Really great game, if you liked the originals then you will like this game too. They have improved on the original idea and it has a lot more depth. Driving around killing zombies with a car is hours of fun.
  22. Jan 6, 2014
    While it does get a little repetitive, it does show off the XB1's power in a fun way by cramming so many zombies onscreen at once.

Graphically it's not going to totally blow you away, but what the game can do with the sheer numbers of zombies is really unlike anything I've experienced in a video game; I'm certain that the 360 could not handle this. It's a pretty intense game, and

It's a pretty intense game, and while it lightens up a little on the time requirements for normal mode compared to previous installments, you're almost never safe, and frustratingly so at times. Just waiting a few seconds for your posse to get in your vehicle is really painful as the zombies inevitably swarm you. Vehicles get blown up in short order, weapons break, and food is sometimes scarce. On the other hand, the game is extremely fair, letting you recreate any weapons or vehicles you've previously held from various lockers and garages.

I'm trying not to give this game a higher score for being a launch title, but I do appreciate what they were able to do with this game given the rush that the development team was certainly under to have it ready on time. Ignoring that, it is an improvement over Dead Rising 1 and 2, and one of the best launch titles on either the XB1 or PS4.
  23. Feb 25, 2014
    Amazing game. I couldn't put it down once I started. The story line is great. I stayed up all night playing it and didn't even realize it. The combo weapons blew me away. I love the fact you can make them on the go. Makes it easier to stay alive. You can stick to the story and finish the game in around 15-20 hours or go exploring and zombie killing and spend 50+ hours on it. The zombieAmazing game. I couldn't put it down once I started. The story line is great. I stayed up all night playing it and didn't even realize it. The combo weapons blew me away. I love the fact you can make them on the go. Makes it easier to stay alive. You can stick to the story and finish the game in around 15-20 hours or go exploring and zombie killing and spend 50+ hours on it. The zombie killing never got old for me either. I had a stretch of 3 hours of nothing but zombie killing and didn't even realize that much time had passed. The onky knock I have is the dlc sucks. Could have added even more to the game yet you just don't feel like it's worth the money you spent on it Expand
  24. Feb 8, 2014
    Dead rising three is a good game. Im not a big fan of the go here get this, go to the next town get that, then go back to the same town you were just at. Theres a lot of this in there, but its not that bad. The environments are huge and graphically delicious. The xbox one settings make everything look to sharp and that **** everything up lol
  25. Dec 23, 2013
    this game is impressive for the next gen,because of the large amount of zombies on screen without any loading screens,despite the bugs xbox360 like graphics,this game is very funny
  26. Feb 17, 2014
    Graphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killingGraphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killing masses of zombies and crafting new weapons- easily the the best part of the game. Aside from it all, nothing is missed if you skip this title Expand
  27. Dec 27, 2013
    Since when have graphics been the core of a game?

Gameplay should be the main focus here and quite frankly this game is incredibly fun. These consoles have only just been released, criticizing graphics by saying that theyre not quite next gen is hilarious when most of you dont even know what next gen graphics should look like. Theyre not fantastic but theyre not hideous either. Its
    Since when have graphics been the core of a game?

Its not revolutionary, its simply a game that has been tweaked and modified to be the ideal best DR experience to date. Gameplay is the core of a game, not graphics.
  28. Feb 1, 2014
    Totally amazing, and eras better than its predecessors. Dead Rising 3 was a blast all around and kept me entertained for hours on end. They showcased their creativity with combo weapons and vehicles, and created a unique story. While confusing and in snippets, the stort is well showcased. Also, one thing that at least raised my review by a point is co-op. This has to easily be one of theTotally amazing, and eras better than its predecessors. Dead Rising 3 was a blast all around and kept me entertained for hours on end. They showcased their creativity with combo weapons and vehicles, and created a unique story. While confusing and in snippets, the stort is well showcased. Also, one thing that at least raised my review by a point is co-op. This has to easily be one of the best games for grabbing a friend and just killing zombies. I definetly recommend it. This is a worthy new generation game. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2014
    I played the demo and was bored from that. I'm glad the heavens above granted me the foresight not to buy this game. The first two were niche, they were special in their own slightly-above-average way. This game is just more tools, more zombies, rinse and repeat. I'd probably have more fun getting eaten by a zombie.
  30. Feb 11, 2014
    Not giving a 10 because of the graphics. The game is just perfect in every other way. If you want a game to have fun with - and LOTS of fun - this is your pick.
  31. Jun 21, 2014
    Incredibly fun game, even if the story is far-fetched. There is nothing horrible or unplayable about this game other than a slow-down when there are too many explosions and zombies in one screen. It is worth the full price, compared to Ryse: Son of Rome.
  32. Dec 2, 2013
    This is my first next gen title, and although it is a fun game the performance could be better. I couldn't tell the graphics difference between a good looking current gen game and this. Note that my last games where Last of Us and GTA V and those games look great.

Putting the fact that its my 1st next gen game aside, I'd also add that the controls are often sluggish. This is a major problem in this game jumping, running and, above all, picking up itens on the floor is needlessly difficult and frustrating.

During any boss fight (or in the middle of a horde), good luck if you need to get any specific resource fast. Trying to pick up food among a lot of garbage, eat it, select the right weapon and continue the fight is incredibly difficult.

Still, its a cool game. The streets are filled with a ridiculous amount of zombies, weapons crafting and zombie fighting is very satisfying. There is a lot to do in form of side quests and collectibles, and the map is big enough to allow exploration and immersion. There is also a interesting night and day cycle, and watch out because zombies are more powerful during the night.

Leveling up is easily the best part of the game in my opinion. Once you level up enough weapon creation tools, you'll always have some ridiculously fun weapon at hand This is where the gameplay shines, in my opinion.

Its not a game that will showcase what the new Xbox can do. In that sense, I felt a bit disappointed by it. But crafting weapons and upgrading the character make up for the shortcomings. It feels like a action RPG with zombies and that is always a win in my book.

It'd be a 7,5 for me. It only misses the 8 score mark because of controls.
  33. Jan 8, 2014
    I have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn'tI have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn't the worst game but DEFIANTLY not the best game. The game doesn't have the best graphics but WHO CARES about graphics? The point is to have fun and what the developers point is to do is to get the point across. Would you want better graphics or more content? Content trumps reso and graphics quality Expand
  34. Jan 23, 2014
    Meh... I don't know what to say. If you played Dead Rising 1 and 2 you've play Dead Rising 3. Story is far to short. The side missions are redundant. Overall Dead Rising 3 will be mildly entertaining for a couple of weeks.
  35. Jan 6, 2014
    retty fun game overall if you're looking for a slaughterfest but FAR too easy and so generic. The storyline is about as generic as they come and the lines the characters come up with could be written by a 4th grader: "i was bad once but now i'm going good?"

The weapon combos are cool, but waaaaay too powerful. In the original Dead Rising, you actually had to find the right stores and such to arm yourself appropriately for each boss etc. DR3? Just build the electrostaff to easily kill every boss in 30 seconds and give your posse split fire guns and you can walk from one side of the city to the other without being touched. Don't have these weapons? Just stop in the safe house and pick up any weapon you want without having to find your way to that nice police armory you worked to unlock. I never once looked for a gun store, or hardware store, or anything outside of weapons lockers and objectives, never once was stuck using a weapon I had to settle for. 40,000+ kills and all the side missions done when I finished the game and still had over 1.5 days left.

Honestly loved the original, but DR3 was so generic and unchallenging it set it back handily. Heck, I finished the game and probably never went below half health and I didn't even bother taking health items with me. A 1000+ kill streak required no planning or thought on my part...

BUT you kill tons of zombies and that's always tons of fun, which is the one redeeming quality of this game.
  36. Feb 17, 2014
    Gráficos bons e suficientes para um jogo desse tipo. Vale a pena jogar e gerar algumas horas de diversão. O esquema de criar armas é interessante e faz ter vontade de testar todas. Gostei. Nota 8.
  37. Nov 29, 2013
    Where to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. IWhere to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. I had more detail in resident evil 5. But lets not take just the graphics away from the game the gameplay at the start isn't bad they throw you right in the mix pretty quickly which I liked. I was a little dissapointed when I first made the sledge saw as it didn't even show up in the guys hands. There I am swinging around nothing cutting zombies in half. Maybe its just a slight glitch but I'm sure when I fire it up again today it might be visible. All in all my first impression is that its going to be a pretty descent game. Deffinately a picker upper to get you used to playing the new Xbox. I look toward to seeing how both consoles pan out. Expand
  38. Dec 26, 2013
    Truth be told, I've never been a fan of the Dead Rising games. I played much of the first one, but the always timed missions was always a turn off. But since I wanted a game on the xbox one that I could sink a lot of hours into, I decided to try Dead Rising 3. For me, it's hit and miss.
    GRAPHICS(8): While the graphics certainly won't blow you away, they are very good. What stands out, of course, is the amount of zombies on screen at the same time. Like hundreds...now that's impressive. Everything else, from the character models to the environments, are good but not outstanding.
    PRESENTATION(7); Dead Rising 3 actually does a great job with presenting it's story, with lots of cut scenes and setting up big events with great flare. However, the story itself is so silly and stupid that it makes me wonder why Capcom went through the trouble. And the main character, Nick, is just a douche.
    GAMEPLAY(7): Again, a mixed bag. The zombie killing, weapon building, vehicle building and just the overall moment to moment action is awesome. It's a lot of fun just to run around a beat up zombies. However, so many of Dead Rising 3's gameplay designs hurt it. Why should I go through the trouble of building weapons when they only last for a few minutes? Or vehicles that blow up, again, after a few minutes? I'm ok with weapons and vehicles not lasting forever, but the limit is so short. Also, roadblocks are everywhere in the city, which means anytime you try to get from point a to point b, you have to not only fight zombies, but the streets themselves. And while it's awesome how zombies come at you nonstop, it can be overkill when you can't even pick a weapon up without being mugged. All of these didn't bother me much early on, but by the end of the game I was very frustrated.
    CONTROLS(9): Probably Dead Rising 3's greatest strength, controls are almost perfect, with the one exception being a menu system that could have been more user friendly, especially the map.
    FUN(9): Again, DR3 is a lot of fun. The zombies are insane, and the vehicles are too. Lots to play with.
    OVERALL(7): But ultimately, too many things bother me about DR3. Graphics aren't next gen, weapons and vehicles get used up to quickly, roadblocks everywhere you go, a silly and stupid story. I know a lot of people can look past these things, but I feel like once again the Dead Rising series is good, not great. If there were a more serious story and more freedom from things like roadblocks, maybe it could be great. For now, it's just good...
  39. Aug 9, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is an awesome game. The story is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The gameplay is fluid thanks to a variety of weapons. My only complaint is that the game crashed about three times on me.
  40. Jan 29, 2014
    You better really, really love killing zombies because that's all there is in this game. Hours upon hours of flogging/kicking/punching/gunning/tearing/slicing/dicing/running over of zombies with just about anything you can get your hands on. I'd have no qualms over renting it or borrowing it from a friend for a couple days, but beyond that, I don't know if the price tag is worth a fewYou better really, really love killing zombies because that's all there is in this game. Hours upon hours of flogging/kicking/punching/gunning/tearing/slicing/dicing/running over of zombies with just about anything you can get your hands on. I'd have no qualms over renting it or borrowing it from a friend for a couple days, but beyond that, I don't know if the price tag is worth a few hours of entertainment. There was also quite a few missions (especially the boss ones) where I had to restart or redo because either a) something that was supposed to happen didn't happen [i.e. something that was supposed to explode to make a path for you didn't explode, the conversation you need to have with a side character just won't trigger, etc. ] or b) an element glitched badly enough that it just didn't...work (i.e. that dude you need to pick up with your car just flew into the wall space and, thus, no longer exists, leaving you forever stranded at the same mission). Expand
  41. Dec 23, 2013
    This is the first Dead Rising series that I actually like. The fixed some of the issues of the controls and added insanely funny weapons and vehicles. It's kind of like playing Grand Theft Auto with Zombies. Some parts are frustratingly difficult but the inclusion of Smart Glass really makes this game stand out.
  42. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the killerapps for the X-box one.
    Really nice game who mantain the essence of the previous ones with some good innovations.
    One of the killerapps for the X-box one.
    As all the xbox One games and the console itself you can see it has ben released in rush without perfecting all the details and mistakes but overall is a really good game capable of give you many hours of fun with open world action,thousands of weapons and player personalisation.
    Bad point is the main character who doesn't have a presonality and doesen't seem a Tough-zombie-killer as it must be in such a contest.Recommended!
  43. Dec 29, 2013
    I'll say right off the bat; to _fully_ enjoy Dead Rising 3, you need to have played the first two games. Anyone who has a cry about the mechanics, the tone of the game, the story or anything else that hasn't done that is just ignorantly flapping their mouths without understanding how the series has evolved. Sometimes those ignorant flappings are well written and coherent, which is lovely,I'll say right off the bat; to _fully_ enjoy Dead Rising 3, you need to have played the first two games. Anyone who has a cry about the mechanics, the tone of the game, the story or anything else that hasn't done that is just ignorantly flapping their mouths without understanding how the series has evolved. Sometimes those ignorant flappings are well written and coherent, which is lovely, but a lot of the reviews I'm reading here seem to be from people who have no clue what their talking about and/or must really, just really suck at the game. You wouldn't read the third sequel in a trilogy of books and complain you don't know what's going on, so why do it for a video game?

Graphics;
    Let me spell something out for you; Large amount of models Large amount of graphical power used, locking the games FPS was to prevent the nuisance of slowdowns. Could they have used a better work around? Maybe, but it's pretty impressive when you understand that they can literally have THOUSANDS of zombies on screen.

That point defended, yes, some of the textures and models aren't exactly stellar, the burgers look like they're made of candy and some of the other proportions for other items are really odd. From a gameplay standpoint it does make them a little easier to spot against everything else, but I don't think that should have been sacrificed. Character models are reasonably detailed, some of the psychopaths to a more disgusting extent.

Gameplay;
    It's pretty much just Dead Rising 2 but a little more refined, the lack of combo bench now means no more annoying treks when you find a couple items you know fit together, on the flip side, you need the recipes to even put those items together. Combo vehicles are nifty, but altogether they aren't particularly useful except for a laugh and maybe another 10 seconds of driving before it explodes. In Co-op mode, having someone intelligent in the gunner seat does help, but it's a small benefit.

There seems to be a nice progression in the scale of usefulness for the blueprints you find just on your way to side missions and the story missions, you'll find some classic blueprints and having a lot of them that can be upgraded is handy. Of course if you go out of your way to collect them all from the get-go, you're going to be very bored eventually just making your favourite weapons for the rest of the game.

As for difficulty, this game is MUCH easier than previous installments. The locker of combo weapons in the safe houses, unlocking the ability to keep recruitable survivors from actually dying, plentiful health drops even in boss fights, it feels like this game was toned down considerably for the current generation of gamers. If you want the real experience, play it on Nightmare mode.

Audio;
    Zombies moan, guns shoot, things swing, slash and thump. A lot of menu/world sound effects have been recycled from previous games, but that just adds to that feeling of 'Hey, this is Dead Rising.' I do have a small complaint about the voice acting between Nick and Annie, I know they were trying to capture an awkward romance but it just come out entirely awkward.

Story;
    Honestly, pretty meh. The few big reveals they did never really made me go 'Wow, really?!' There were also a few battles that honestly felt like they drew out of a hat and forced them in, in particular was Diego's astronaut freakout battle, that whole thing just had me scratching my head as to why the hell I was even doing it. Some of the psychopaths are also a little too heavy on the satire and just came across as distasteful. The psycho fat woman stuffing her face, the stereotypical asian man in a zen garden, the super buff bodybuilding woman getting mistaken for a man, these all felt like the game was simultaneously trying too hard and not hard enough.

The few nods they have to the previous games are enjoyable for veterans, but in the end it didn't feel like you'd actually accomplished something like you did in the other installments.

_______

To summarise; Dead Rising 3 is an acceptable sequel that does miss the mark on a few issues, but if you're an even half-competent gamer and you're not a graphics-Nazi, you'll get enough enjoyment out of it to justify the spend.
  44. Dec 29, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 keeps the player extremely well occupied, with a heavy amount of challenging side missions and collectibles, including blueprints for mad combo weapons and ridiculously fun vehicles. The mechanics are slightly clunky, but this rarely causes any problems. DR3's graphics aren't exactly worthy of being called 'next gen', but this shouldn't matter if you're there to have fun, andDead Rising 3 keeps the player extremely well occupied, with a heavy amount of challenging side missions and collectibles, including blueprints for mad combo weapons and ridiculously fun vehicles. The mechanics are slightly clunky, but this rarely causes any problems. DR3's graphics aren't exactly worthy of being called 'next gen', but this shouldn't matter if you're there to have fun, and besides, this (in a way) adds to the dark, gloomy atmosphere that the game intends. Slashing through overwhelming hordes of zombies is usually entertaining, but true excitement comes when unleashing bizarre, newly constructed combo weapons upon the angry un-dead. You can upgrade your character using attribute points, which are mostly earned through leveling-up. The upgrade system is simple, beneficial, and rewarding. The story line and characters are fairly uninspiring, but this really isn't a focus of the dead rising series. Its about over-the-top humor and having fun. Despite poor character development the main story is surprisingly fun and engaging. I wont say much more as you should discover this yourself.

Of course though, there are the negatives. The controls are a bit stiff and attempting to switch weapon slots, especially when in a rush, can be extremely awkward. It either switches to a weapon I never intended to use, or doesn't switch at all. But the main reason I have only rated Dead Rising 3 a 7/10, is due to the content of the side missions. These usually include carrying out complicated and pointless tasks in order to gain a survivor. You rarely get a valuable reward such as a blueprint or collectible. Some even give you terrible guidance, leaving you having to go on youtube or forums just to understand how to complete them. For instance, one mission entailed me having to carry out a special attack on 5 zombies, telling me I had to click Y+B to do it. It turns out that there was in fact another step in doing a special attack. I didn't discover this until later in the game. Side missions are actually the most important part of this game, seeing as the main story is short and free-roaming isn't really that interesting, so the fact that many of them are extremely annoying damages the game.

Overall, I would still recommend Dead Rising 3, as its a worthy exclusive for the early days of Xbox One.
    It will certainly keep you entertained for a few months, and has many reasons to be played more than once. If your looking for a shiny next gen game I wouldn't even glance, but despite the faults, for its beautiful zombie dicing madness, you wont feel sorry for dishing out £50 ($60).
  45. Dec 30, 2013
    a great game. The best deadrising until here. The graphics are not perfect but worth playing cause is very funny.

The game flows very well in the story mode is very cool and go over the zombies with comprensor roll.
  46. Dec 31, 2013
    When I bought my Xbox One, there was one game I truly wanted, which was Dead Rising 3. I was planning on buying a PS4, but when this was announced at E3, I jumped ship. And I was not disappointed in the slightest. I had no problems with the frame rate, it stayed 30fps the whole time (I didn't mind 30). The graphics were good, but if you want a game for graphics, play Ryse. This gamesWhen I bought my Xbox One, there was one game I truly wanted, which was Dead Rising 3. I was planning on buying a PS4, but when this was announced at E3, I jumped ship. And I was not disappointed in the slightest. I had no problems with the frame rate, it stayed 30fps the whole time (I didn't mind 30). The graphics were good, but if you want a game for graphics, play Ryse. This games graphics are not pushing the console's limits, but there is 1 thing that truly matters in games, which is fun factor. This game is probably the most fun I've had since Borderlands 2. You never grow tired of zombie killing. If you are the type of person who only cares about graphics (and you are a terrible person if you are), buy Ryse or Forza. If you enjoy everything that goes into a game, play DR3. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  47. Jan 1, 2014
    The game was great fun. While my initial impression was that there was very little depth and you just ran around mindlessly killing zombies, after I sought out the various blueprints and achievements the game became a lot more interesting. I played it through and beat the game happily.

Pros: Tons of zombies to kill, endless weapon crafting combos, decent storyline, became interested in characters, seamless gameplay, co-op mode can be fun with the right partner, psycho missions were a blast

Cons: Too much travel to the same places in maze-like conditions, weapons wear out very quickly, some of the boss fights were way too easy, too many side missions that they actually became overwhelming

Mixed: Zombies never end, sometimes you just want to clear an area just to find it is completely full again

All in all I would definitely play again. I wouldn't say I would buy the game as it has very little replay value but it was definitely worth the rent.
  48. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is actually really fun, Most of the negative reviews are usually from Sony fan boys trying to give every Xbox One game a bad review.

The graphics are actually really good considering how many Zombies it can render on screen at one time. It's one of the nicest Xbox One launch titles and highly recommended.
  49. Jan 5, 2014
    I played this game for hours and hours. Finishing with a 30,000+ kill count, then I beat it all over again on Nightmare mode. While it does not contain cutting edge graphics it does bring along fun game play. Ever seen a man in knights armor hit a zombie with a giant teddy bear? You will in this game.
  50. Feb 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 still packs zombie killing fun. But...You can't appreciate it with overpowered weapons that can be easily obtained and constant zombie spawning. With no sense of a accomplishment. The story seems very flat and not much thought put into. The psychopaths are very ridicules and you don't need to study them to defeat them. Just simply knee drop them until they die. Kill streaksDead Rising 3 still packs zombie killing fun. But...You can't appreciate it with overpowered weapons that can be easily obtained and constant zombie spawning. With no sense of a accomplishment. The story seems very flat and not much thought put into. The psychopaths are very ridicules and you don't need to study them to defeat them. Just simply knee drop them until they die. Kill streaks make it too easy to level up. To simply put it the game has zombie killing fun into it. It falls flat into about everything else. Not a challenging game not a story with much thought put into it, it was very basic. Expand
  51. Jan 9, 2014
    At first I thought this game was the best thing ever. But after about 10 hours, it was so repetitive that I couldn't bear it. Once you get past the pretty cool weapon crafting mechanics and vehicles, not much is left.
  52. Jan 16, 2014
    Excellent game for an Xbox one launch title. Many, many things to do in the game. I had spent countless hours just using any weapon to hack, slash and absolutely destroy zombies before I even started the story, but once you finish the story, found every collectable, completed all the side missions it doesn't have much more redeeming value. Other than that the game is very enjoyable wellExcellent game for an Xbox one launch title. Many, many things to do in the game. I had spent countless hours just using any weapon to hack, slash and absolutely destroy zombies before I even started the story, but once you finish the story, found every collectable, completed all the side missions it doesn't have much more redeeming value. Other than that the game is very enjoyable well worth the money spent on it (if not more), I recommend this game to anyone who likes or loves open world RPG style games, oh and zombies. Expand
  53. Jan 19, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is a great game and is the best Xbox One launch title. Microsoft did it right when they made it a exclusive for the Xbox One because it made me and a lot of people get a Xbox One for this game. The game did get boring for me though a couple hours after I beat the story. But over all this is a great game and if you have a Xbox One and you don't have this game then you shouldDead rising 3 is a great game and is the best Xbox One launch title. Microsoft did it right when they made it a exclusive for the Xbox One because it made me and a lot of people get a Xbox One for this game. The game did get boring for me though a couple hours after I beat the story. But over all this is a great game and if you have a Xbox One and you don't have this game then you should definitely get this game. Expand
  54. Jan 25, 2014
    DR3 promises a next-gen installment of their series, but what they deliver seems a bit far from their advertising. I must add a disclaimer, I seem to be a hot headed gamer, and I did in fact lose my **** a couple of times playing the game, but I feel that it was with the frustration of the game mechanics more so than me just slamming the game for my lack of skill.The DR franchise hasDR3 promises a next-gen installment of their series, but what they deliver seems a bit far from their advertising. I must add a disclaimer, I seem to be a hot headed gamer, and I did in fact lose my **** a couple of times playing the game, but I feel that it was with the frustration of the game mechanics more so than me just slamming the game for my lack of skill.The DR franchise has always had a tongue-in-cheek appeal to the zombie survival horror genre, and while it was fun to goof around with in the first game, it quickly became stale afterward. The game's lust for bashing endless amounts of zombie skulls met a few road blocks with poorly constructed mechanics that lead to boss fights of rivaling frustrations. In DR 1 the player could shovel through a handful of zombies with no problem, but if a horde showed up (especially after dark) the player had to reconsider taking action as the player could become overwhelmed. When the player faced slow paced enemies there wasn't much of a concern, yet the quicker the enemy, and the longer their range of attack, the more the player suffered with slow and clunky controls. Now, DR 3 fixed that with quick paced movement and an all around improved fighting system. But the game begins to stumble with the larger scaled world the player is dumped into and the smaller details brought out because of the new world.
    First, the car mechanics. Having an open world with four semi isolated sub cities was not just big in the physical sense, but in that it had to give proper attention to each hub while making it not a burden on the player to cross the city. The trouble is that there is so much crisscrossing between neighborhoods that it begins to feel like a burden when a horde of a couple of thousand zeds clog your radiator. The cars seem to fall apart about every mile or so which gets stressful when the next car is the half totaled one you left a few hours ago. The fix for this was adding vehicle mods, which I will agree was hella fun to mow down hundreds of zombies, but they too fell apart rather quickly (particularly when explosive barrels snuck their way under the zombie hives). This is a realistic problem, and Im not complaining about the finite nature of the cars, but the controls of the vehicles were difficult and clunky similar to DR 1's basic controls. Turning was extremely loose, which allows for quick corner turns, but at high speeds the vehicle can easily crash into debris, or explosive barrels that can take out your car in a couple hits. Stopping and changing direction is extremely slow, and resembles Austin Powers stuck in a hallway with a tour guide golf cart. The maneuverability, and durability became an issue with an exceeding number of appearing road blocks as you pass on through the game. It is smart for the developers to make the player rely on the vehicle mod feature, but a flame throwing chopper/steam roller still falls apart the same at an impassible barrier. Again, with the frequency of use of vehicles and travel, this was a small oversight, but causes more frustration than necessary.
    Second , the game felt like too much of an errand run. I understand the need for scavenging for survival, but it began to feel like a grind when most tasks involved running across town and back to finish one mission. The pain of depending on the vehicles was an issue when having to repeat trips, but the player doesn't get any rest with these requests when your radio keeps squawking with similar requests. The player can become overwhelmed with unnecessary tasks if they let them stack up, and they will stack fast. DR 3 never changed from its origin in this regard, which can kill the replay value of the game. The player never has to engage in side missions, but as they pile up alongside the never ending random damsels in distress, there is a never ending source of stress eating at the player. This is not a bad segment of the game, nor one that should be cut out, but it should be cut back and should allow for another style of side mission that doesn't involve mothering the entire city. You should feel some sort of satisfaction and accomplishment from cleaning your dirty dishes, but if your roommate is too much of a stubborn ass to do them , you shouldn't feel the need to take on that responsibility for your own sanity (there may be a trace of a real life scenario here). But hey, maybe you are the type of person that can handle that much nagging, but the game should be about exploring past its core intent to satisfy its player. These developers should be asking what would a player actually enjoy to boost its value and longevity, not something that will become a chore to increase its play time and maybe even trick a player into sticking with the game.
    Anyway, this isn't a formal analysis of DR3, just my immediate thoughts on the game and series.
    Con Queso y Amor
    LT
  55. Mar 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great game. It's funny and fun. My favorite weapon is the thrust cannon. It shoots out fire and ice, is very powerful, and the design is hilarious. Get this game. You won't regret it.
  56. Jan 27, 2014
    An amazing zombie game. It has funny side missions, great boss battles, an amazing story line, and not the best- but great graphics. It's amazing by the shear amount of zombies it can hold on the screen. Awesome combos and weapons, and an amazing launch game. If your looking for a fun, open world, grand theft auto like game ( except with zombies), this is the game to get.
  57. Feb 11, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is truely next gen. There are great graphics thousands of thousand of zombies and almost no loading screens. You could not pull that off on the 360 and ps3.There are also lots of combo weapons but I feel that there wasn't enough combo vehicles. The story is alright I did at times hate and love characters but I found that if you don't do any side quests and if you cut out theDead rising 3 is truely next gen. There are great graphics thousands of thousand of zombies and almost no loading screens. You could not pull that off on the 360 and ps3.There are also lots of combo weapons but I feel that there wasn't enough combo vehicles. The story is alright I did at times hate and love characters but I found that if you don't do any side quests and if you cut out the travel time the story is only like 6 hours long. if your looking to pick up an xbox one I would definetly recomend this game. Expand
  58. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is great! The point of the game is to get to a point in the city where you can be evacuated and you have under 6 days to get there! You have to use your skills along with the blue prints you find to fight your way through hoards of zombies and solve multiple tasks required to reach your final destination.

Overall, the game looks great! It is a cut above the last generation

Overall, the game looks great! It is a cut above the last generation so I'm not sure why people are comparing the graphics to the 360 as this has some many Zombies that are way more detailed than either the 360 or the PS3 were capable of.

If there's a game that's close to owning the console for, this is presently it and it is easily better than anything the PS4 has going for it at the moment (In the future the Sony will improve but, right now there's no exclusive better than this).

Anyway, this is a great game and if you bought an Xbox One, this is worth owning.
  59. Feb 27, 2014
    Easily one of, if not, the best game released with the Xbox One. It's certainly not perfect, but aspects of the game make it clear that this generation of consoles will do huge things. The gameplay is amazing. There is such a wide variety of missions, weapons, and enemies. It's tough to get bored of finding new ways to kill zombies - just when I would think I loved using one weapon, a newEasily one of, if not, the best game released with the Xbox One. It's certainly not perfect, but aspects of the game make it clear that this generation of consoles will do huge things. The gameplay is amazing. There is such a wide variety of missions, weapons, and enemies. It's tough to get bored of finding new ways to kill zombies - just when I would think I loved using one weapon, a new weapon would come along and become my favorite to use. The same idea goes for enemies and mission types; the game evolves as you become more experienced so that it doesn't overly easy. While the graphics can be a little off during cut scenes or when you travel too quickly using a fast vehicle, they are generally smooth. The game's engine is dynamite. There are thousands of zombies, all with their own, specific coding. Just when you think you've cleared an area, you turn the corner and BOOM, there's another thousand zombies to mow down. Being the first game I played on Xbox One, I feel that there is certainly a little bias. However, Dead Rising 3 is a game that will entertain you for days. Expand
  60. Mar 10, 2014
    Pro's: Open world shooter, hundreds of zombies in all directions, Decent sized map, No loading, Good graphics for an "open world game", re-playable

Con's: Cut scenes graphics could have been better, technically there's still a time limit, and you have to stay within the story mode. Ultimately this is a fun @ss game; it's an open world shooter, with hundreds of zombies in all

Ultimately this is a fun @ss game; it's an open world shooter, with hundreds of zombies in all directions. The map is a good size, and there's not loading. The graphics could have been better (during the cut scenes), but they are anything but "bad". They are hit & miss (some characters look really good; others are just okay - comparing to what we think "next gen" should look like). However, the graphics (in-game) are better than any other "open world" shooter, we've played previous gen. The only negatives is that there is still a time limit (despite them claiming there is not), and you're always in the story mode.. Keep in mind that the time limit is extended so far that you don't have to worry about it, but still... it's besides the point. You can also free roam and do your own thing throughout the game (even though your technically always in story mode). I would have liked them to make a separate game type (or say, after you beat the game) that allowed total free roam without the story & time limit, that allows you to just blow crap up. Technically, you can do that anyways (believe me, time limit is not an issue); maybe it's OCD, I would have just liked to see a separate free roam selection. Although, you can always just join a multiplayer game (into someone else's story) and just f' around.

The game is fun as hell... Beat it three times, played around in multiplayer as well.
  61. Mar 11, 2014
    The best Dead Rising in the series. The map is large, and the zombie killing is just crazy. There are a huge number of combo weapons and vehicles, the number of zombies on screen is amazing, and the amount of fun to be had is staggering...
    For a little more than a week.
    For a little more than a week.
    I am not saying it gets old, it is just easy to max out the main character, and if you do not have a friend to bash zombies with, it begins to feel almost lonely.
    The plus side is the addition of challenges. There are a large amount of challenges that tell you to kill zombies in certain ways or to complete certain tasks, as well as collectables that will keep competitions busy for a while.
    If you enjoy mindless fun, DR3 is hard to go wrong with.
    If you need something a little more sophisticated, you can always go outside.
  62. Mar 24, 2014
    It looks nice, it plays OK and it bores you quickly. Exclusive is only any good if it wows. Overly familiar and lacking in that Next Gen wow factor I was craving.
  63. Aug 2, 2014
    When I got Dead Rising 2 for free with Games for Gold on X360, I was not a fan of the game. The constant time limit that was on side quests and the main story in the game just sucked the fun out of so much in the game, collecting Zombrex was annoying, the combat was slightly dull, and the game was too harsh on you in other points. Thankfully, with Dead Rising 3, it throws away all that BS,When I got Dead Rising 2 for free with Games for Gold on X360, I was not a fan of the game. The constant time limit that was on side quests and the main story in the game just sucked the fun out of so much in the game, collecting Zombrex was annoying, the combat was slightly dull, and the game was too harsh on you in other points. Thankfully, with Dead Rising 3, it throws away all that BS, but it doesn't make the game perfect. Yes, DR3 is hands down one of my favourite games on Xbox One, but that doesn't mean it has its fair share annoyances. Let's start with the graphics. Overall, the game did please my eyes. Textures up close looked muddy, though. Then again, the game makes up for all the small flaws in the graphics with how many zombies it puts on screen. There might be so, so, so many in a small street, and the game needs that because you will kill A LOT with the creatively awesome weapons you use. The weapons by themselves are pretty basic and boring, but if you find the blueprints around the city, you can combine those things into killing machines. While the combat with these weapons is basically just light and heavy attacks, it gets very varied because of how different and awesome these weapons are. They can range from flaming giant scythes to a shotgun with a blade on it. I constantly had fun killing countless numbers of zombies, but the zombies won't stop coming at you, and that got challenging at points (not a flaw). The game also makes you fight human enemies at times known as psychos. These boss fights aren't amazingly designed, but they were a good break from fighting zombies. The city you roam around in the game is meh. I actually liked the setting of Dead Rising 2 because I felt one area was always different than the last. The city here is more urban, so they weren't very creative with it. Plus, it seemed like I always came across roadblocks when I was driving a car, which was annoying. The story here is ok. What I really disliked, though, is the constant change of tone in the game. One minute you'll hear a sex joke, then the next you'll be grieving over the death of a loved one. I wish they just focused on one, single tone. Dead Rising 3 is not a perfect game, no, not even close. However, it offers the one and only thing I really want in games: a good time. And that's what I want, first and foremost. Expand
  64. May 26, 2014
    I only bought this game as a friend of mine recommended it to me. It is very repetitive becomes boring after a short period of time. There is not much to say about it, except from you'll be killing zombies the whole way through.
  65. Jun 4, 2014
    Deadrising 3 makes me nauseous, Because of the Field of view and lack of control. But it's storyline is just as dull, It doesn't know what it wants to be, a Random-crazy awesome Zombie slaying experience, or a dramatic zombie storyteller (which has been done before, and much better). It so awkwardly switches between the two, so the jokes they make feel out of place and forced. Thankfully,Deadrising 3 makes me nauseous, Because of the Field of view and lack of control. But it's storyline is just as dull, It doesn't know what it wants to be, a Random-crazy awesome Zombie slaying experience, or a dramatic zombie storyteller (which has been done before, and much better). It so awkwardly switches between the two, so the jokes they make feel out of place and forced. Thankfully, It does shine in its "create a weapon" aspect of the game was insanely creative and I enjoyed making new weapons to kill the Hundreds of zombies they shove in your face(which causes constant frame rate drops). Deadrising 3's story is awful, but the gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is actually pretty fun. If you're gonna get it, get it for 40 bucks whenever possible. Expand
  66. Jun 16, 2014
    Something about this game feels very immersive and awesome, but the gameplay involves you killing zombies over and over with light and heavy attacks, x and y. Needless to say, it becomes very repetitive when the gameplay is just you moving from place to place and killing your way through the crowds. There are segments with other human survivors, but they are mediocre compared to otherSomething about this game feels very immersive and awesome, but the gameplay involves you killing zombies over and over with light and heavy attacks, x and y. Needless to say, it becomes very repetitive when the gameplay is just you moving from place to place and killing your way through the crowds. There are segments with other human survivors, but they are mediocre compared to other games. It looks better than reviewers say. I would recommend this to anyone looking for some good zombie killing fun with basically no depth besides weapon combos. For deep, engaging gameplay, look elsewhere. Expand
  67. Apr 24, 2015
    This game is dumb, meaty, zombie slaying fun. Yes, it doesn't look that good but who cares. I cannot deny how much fun slaying zombies with **** cannons (yes that is a weapon.) is.
  68. Aug 13, 2014
    Overall I found DR3 to be a pretty fun game: The game world is huge (but still not anywhere near the size of an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game), the story line is actually pretty decent for this genre and there are a ton of side quests to do, there are tons of zombies on screen and tons more to kill, the weapon variety is great and the weapon/vehicle synthesis is a fun feature.

On the

On the flip side, the graphics are pretty sub-par; there are 360 games that look much better than DR3. Once you get around the max level I find the game starts to get boring really fast.
  69. May 14, 2015
    Dead Rising 3 was one of the, if not THE, most fun video games that I have ever played. Despite it's story being the cheesiest story I'd ever played through in video games, Dead Rising 3 was close to perfect. The combat, although repetitive, NEVER got old for me, and by the end of the game, my zombie kill-count had reached 30'000. Dead Rising 3 offered a creative crafting system as yourDead Rising 3 was one of the, if not THE, most fun video games that I have ever played. Despite it's story being the cheesiest story I'd ever played through in video games, Dead Rising 3 was close to perfect. The combat, although repetitive, NEVER got old for me, and by the end of the game, my zombie kill-count had reached 30'000. Dead Rising 3 offered a creative crafting system as your character is able to stumble through the street, pick up any small inanimate object, and if you've found the proper blueprint, you're able to combine certain items together to create powerful weapons that let you effortlessly slash through hordes of zombies with the tap of a button. Also, the game lets you throw any non-firearm objects at zombies, like bricks, knives, swords, axes, televisions, microwaves, and hundreds of other kinds of items. Aside from all that cool stuff, the game has a smart built-in system that gives you 6 days (in game) to escape the zombie infested city of Los Peridos before it gets bombed, which makes sure you don't waste ALL your time slicing through hordes of zombies, and that you focus on progressing through the campaign, and completing the story. Expand
  70. Oct 20, 2014
    The magnitude is the biggest selling point of this game. Hundreds of thousands of zombies fill the screen and you get to smash through them with satisfying and very unique weapons. The sheer number of weapon blueprints to collects astounds me and there are many fun hours to be had collecting and upgrading like any other open world game. However, this strong point becomes a catch-22 forThe magnitude is the biggest selling point of this game. Hundreds of thousands of zombies fill the screen and you get to smash through them with satisfying and very unique weapons. The sheer number of weapon blueprints to collects astounds me and there are many fun hours to be had collecting and upgrading like any other open world game. However, this strong point becomes a catch-22 for this game series.

While this game excels at being a well-made and engrossing open-world title, and massively falters at the narrative and the sense of survivability. Granted, the game still has many ruthless moments that will take many tries to perfect but the urgency that was unique of past dead rising games left the game completely. Personally, I was flying along the story making sure to do only the essentials because I though the game would play out like the others with a pressing time limit and hyper sense of "get-it-done."

However, I beat the narrative with more the enough time by the end. I remember beating the last mission with the clock still forebodingly chiming in that there's only 8 hours left. I had actual done some side missions as well but there was still that much time left. Plus, the storyline is honestly terrible and features a horrible protagonist that is cliche "edgy" and an extreme idiot. The incentive to beat the game to unlock new game plus barely exists because the story is nothing all that fun. The main draw becomes the insanity of the weapons and vehicles that you can create.

I personally really missed the urgency of past dead rising games even if I found them annoying at the time. Looking back, the clock and restrictions on the game were unique and I honestly want the pulling feeling back. The original is still the king of the series to me,
  71. May 18, 2015
  72. Feb 27, 2015
    I really love this game. I have played it for well over 200+ Hours into the game. In many reviews I have heard complaints the world is too big, I think it could have been even bigger. The frame rate sometimes slows down especially at the later parts of the game when there are more zombies shambling around but that is minor and few and far between.

I loved playing this game Co-Op and I

I loved playing this game Co-Op and I think that is where the game shines. It is an absolute joy playing this with friends. Even my son enjoyed playing with me online.

I only have a few complaints. I bought the Season Pass from the start and even though the DLC was enjoyable and lent to further explaining the events it was not Co-Op and it was very glitchy with regards to achievements.

There was also another DLC that added a really fun 4 player Co-Op Competition which I enjoyed but alas was way too short and not enough missions to play.

The integration of the IR sensor , the Kinect, and Smart Glass was flawless on this game and a glimpse as to what can really be done. Smartglass missions while sometimes reminded me of Animal Crossing side missions lent some depth to the story if you followed them unto the end. Sadly no other games have really followed suite and with the sale of Kinect-less consoles I fear this integration that was so revolutionary will be lost.

A fun, wild waste of time that doesn't really live up to its predecessors.
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  3. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]