6.6

1. Nov 22, 2013
    Huge open world, and a lot of zombies on your screen! The gameplay is the same as the previous Dead Rising games, but that was expected. The map is a bit smaller than I thought. There is an enormous variety of weapon you can build to slaughter the zombies...
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Before I start my review I have to laugh at how many fanboys from Sony Come on here posting reviews I have a game system they don't even have lol like xclusiveitalian Who uses two pages just the criticize the game. Btw hes also Nintengod. Metacritic you might want to look into that one.
    With that being said I have to say I really enjoyed playing Dead Rising! This in open world zombie game
    that is huge!! I'm trying to play all games that I bought last night but this one Is the one that I'm going to play repeatedly! Like I said in my other if you I'm not really a racing fan But I am a dead risin fanatic! Flashing through hundreds of Zombies trying to survive is one of my favorite parts of this game! And you get to be be Mega Man tat's all I have to say! It's the open-world blood bath and you'll love it! Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    I find it funny how if you click on the name of someone who scored this game a 0 you can see how they gave every Xbone game a 0 and there beloved PS4 games a 10....
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    Check Xclusiveitalian 's review history, posting 10/10's for PS4 games, but 0's on all Xbox games, Metacritic serves no purpose if not moderated. Same for user MGdawg and Nintengod is hyping Nintendo scores & posting 0's on Xbox One games. I wish all of these fanboys get banned, so Metacritic can be useful again to decide for a game/product.
  5. Nov 23, 2013
    I've HAD IT. METACRITIC. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE POSTING REVIEWS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GAME EXPERIENCE. For USERS you need to start having a verification check that they OWN the game. Perhaps link databases with Sony/XBox. I'm sure if it stopped all the fake reviews for their products they'd have no complaints. Maybe use a product code (thats unused) to link to your account.

This game is fantastic. Ignore all the 0's, they come from people who don't own the game. It's sad, you know why they do it. I know why they do it. Lets ignore it until metacritic takes responsibility. This site is awesome, except in moments like now... when for some reason people feel the absurd need to rip on another consoles products. I've been gaming since the 80's. I own an XBone, and will be getting a PS4 as soon as really cool exclusive titles come out for it that I want. They don't have any now.. thats not a rip on them. But this game? Exclusive to the Xbone. Open World. Zombies. Cars. Nough said.

Get the game.
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    this game is fun,funny, and a awesome launch game for the xbox one, its worth the buy, there are so many zombies!!!!!!!!this is a great game to play with your friends
  7. Nov 25, 2013
    The Sony fan boys can't stand the fact that the PS4 doesn't have any well reviewed games, so they have to come on here and trash this game for no good reason. I've been playing DR3 since launch day and having so much fun. It's not perfect but worth buying. I bought both this game and Forza 5, both games are outstanding.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    How sad is it that people ave taken the time out there day to create an account, and give 0s to games that are not on their console of choice.

Regardless, Dead Rising 3 is the most fun I have had on my new console, it may have a slightly more serious look, but don't be fooled, it just as wacky as it's ever been. The game has been improved in nearly every aspect over the previous game,
    from graphics to gameplay, and the amount of zombies on screen is insane, after just 30 mins play I was already on 1200 kills. The story is decent as well, solid acting, with a plot that held my attention for the full 20 hours are had with the game. The coop has been greatly improved also, no longer do you have to replay story if you already done it in someone else's coop game, and killing zombies is always more fun with a friend. However there was one issue I noticed, when I was playing single player my friend invited me to his game, and it just pulled me out my game without asking me, I'm' not sure if it's a bug, or something I've missed in the menus, regardless, it was an annoyance.

If you liked the other Dead Risings you will probably love this, and even if you didn't, you still might want to give this game a go.
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    PLEASE ignore the 0 reviews, none of them play or own an X1. Dead rising 3 is actually a very beautiful and fun game. The sheer amount of zombies is mind boggling. There is alot to do in this game and multiple modes like Nightmare and timed.

Coop with a partner is very satisfying. If you want an open world game with a next Gen feel, this is the one for you.
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    Amazing game, when you come in the game, you see thousands of zombies on the screen and it just threatens you! It is fun, with more than 250 combo weapons and thousands of weapons overall! This game is seriously amazing next gen game!
  11. Nov 22, 2013
    Amazing game good graphic sonyboys suck my dick. i wait my xone wery wery. best ever console made. love love love love xone!!! good work microsoft!!!!!
  12. Nov 24, 2013
    Anyone who says the graphics are bad doesn't know what a polygon count is and is simply uneducated on video game CG. you would have to be overwhelmingly ignorant to think that. graphics are awesome considering the massive scope of the game, seeing hundreds of zombies at once.
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is hands down the best entry in the series. It's too bad that Sony fanboys are lying about owning these games and giving them low scores. Anyways, as for Dead Rising 3, it's a massive city with no load times, lots of detail, lots of things to do, great cutscene cinematics with excellent facial animations, etc. The Sony fanboys seems to be jealous of all the Xbox One exclusives.
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game a lot. I'm glad there is a choice to revert to the original play style. The fact that there are more zombies on screen at once makes it feel like more of a "horde," and their increased aggression from the previous games keeps it exciting, fun and fluid. The controls also handle really well, as opposed to the wonky controls from its predecessors. I feel like people are giving bad reviews for the wrong reasons. I would give it a full 10 if I could play it on my PS4 instead of my friend's Xbox One. Hopefully a PS4 port is in order for the next year. Expand
  15. Nov 27, 2013
    Dead Rising 3... A open world, with a LOT of zombies and a LOT of weapons... What else can we have Co-op Oops there is co-op So, this game is VERY good, the weapons customisations are very cool and almost all the weapons are really fun to use. A huge city, if you like Still Creek from Dead Rising 2 Case Zero, you'll really love this one And... Zombies everywhere. The Psychos are still really cool and funny. I found the game difficult, there are a lot of zombies and some can run The graphics are good but not amazing. The frame rate is good too and I never had like... 15fps or something like that. This game if very fun, you should buy it Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    Ignore the low scored that talk about frame rate drops. These people haven't played the game. After the day one patch the frame rate is solid. If there's even the merest frame skip, it's well hidden with motion blur.

Dead Rising doesn't slow down even when you're ploughing through hundreds of zombies at high speed, explosions going off left and right (feels very next-gen there). The
    Eurogamer DF analysis was done on a pre-release build that no one who has an internet connection got to play, so is about as misleading as it gets.

This is the best Dead Rising, all-round, and the most approachable.
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    Fantastic game and best in the series yet. This game and Forza5 are the two best launch games on either console so far. If you have an xbox one pick Forza5 and Dead Rising 3 up right now! Dead Rising 3 has a very big world, TONS of zombies, nice graphics and it is a ton of fun to play.
  18. Nov 26, 2013
    10 only because I'm a fan of the series. Unbiased, it's a 10. Biased it's a 10. When you play these games you realize that the story is going to be corny. You're not going to get Finally Fantasy 60 foot jumps and 9 foot swords with androgenous heroes. But you can manufacture one in this game. Skirts, hills, masks, and makeup. There's just so much. Dead Rising 1 is my all time favorite. But on this console I think it's safe to bet I've got a new one. Take it easy and enjoy. Expand
  19. Tds
    Nov 23, 2013
    Great game, fun to play and full of side missions. Kinect orders are usefull as well as smartglass. Boss battles are challenging... What more to ask for?
    I know graphics aren't the strong part of this game, but still does the job for me.
  20. kad
    Nov 24, 2013
    Amazing and just pure fun to play! Open world, many many zombies and its not only fun to play, but also fun to watch others play. Many different weapons and long story. 10/10 recommend!
  21. Nov 25, 2013
    I am around 50% done with the game, and I have to sat holy cow what a blast. The game is top notch when it come down to just finding fun ways to kill zombies. Don't listen to haters that complain about frame rate drops, it hasn't happened to me and more than likely they are just trolls looking to sabotage a games review score that they don't own. The only reservation I have about the game is that the zombies look really similar to each other. Expand
  22. Nov 27, 2013
    Love this game! Already had much fun with the previous titles and this one is even better. Better graphics, more weapons, bigger playground and loads more zombies! I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
    If it's a typical next gen game? I don't know and I don't care. I'm pretty sure the previous gen systems can't pull this off.
    Overall I'm enjoying this the game, especially with
    Nightmare Mode which gives the same tension as the previous titles! This game is a huge seller for Xbox One! Expand
  23. Mar 18, 2014
    A very fun open world zombie game with a cast of memorable characters and stunning visual design. Playing on normal or hard can provide a challenge to those who've played the other titles in the series. Not groundbreaking, but a very good installment in the Dead Rising series. I've played this game for at least 12 hours, and I'm still having fun with it. DR 3 is a must buy if you plan on getting an Xbox One. It's the best game on the console, even better than Titanfall. Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2013
    I've played all the Dead Rising games and have to say I am completely satisfied with DR3. Excellent gameplay, great graphics, enjoyable story, fun characters... it's got all of these elements and more.
  25. Dec 18, 2013
    I've played all dead rising's, each game has been a step forward into greatness, perfection, trying to achieve THAT zombie game that Capcom has been trying to make in the past years and my God they have finally done it, done it so well. The look and feel...is no match to the other DR's, playing the game itself is just smooth as hell experience, the game looks really great, NOT bad all as dumbasses claim, the open world and its environment is believable..(I'll stop my review here, it..)

Its Sad to see all these Negative comments by unintelligent 12 year old's, Children that have never even touched an Xbox one, that haven't even seen a single trailer for DR3, then make some rant talking out of their ass, stating facts that will never happen in your experience with this game, they don't know what the their talking about, they're just a few little kiddies that have nothing better to do or they're some little fanboy, most likely some Sony kiddie, grow the up.....If you an Xbox one and don't know what to get, get this game you WON"T be disappointed.
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    LOVE IT
    From start to finish it never felt borring with lots of things to see and do and a prety good not perfect story
    Maybe not true next gen grafics but still appealing to the eye
    just love it
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    Wonderful title to have at launch. The best Dead Rising since the first game. It may not be the most amazing looking launch title but for the amount of zombies on screen at one time, there's no denying that this game looks and runs really well. Nice ties to the older game's story lines. The number of weapons you can craft in this one is astounding and most of them are fun and useful. While it may not quite have the wackiness of the original games, it's still pretty damn silly. A must have for any Xbox One owner. Expand
  28. Nov 26, 2013
    I came into DR3 with mixed feelings about the series. I enjoy zombie media and the first two titles were fun, but I disliked aspects to the design that included saving was a chore and I always felt restricted from what I enjoyed the most, taking out zombies.

My surprise DR3 is just what I wanted. More zombies on the screen than I can count and it feels like at times you have to run
    for your life because the numbers are overwhelming. Just the feeling I would expect during a zombie apocalypse. Reading some of the negative reviews with questionable negatives. I have played 30 hours and maybe only a couple times had a dip in framerate. It played smooth with hundreds of zombies on screen. I am left surprised how smooth and nice the game looks. The graphics are a step up from last generation, but nothing that will blow your socks off, and that is ok. Graphics are a huge plus, but Fun Factor is numero uno in my book.

The game has a mode where you can save anywhere and just enjoy the fun and crazy it has to offer. You can level up and continue to play what is like a new game+ and in survive mode which limits your saves to bathrooms like the prior iterations. The addition of vehicles and creation is a huge plus. The combining of items on the spot is important and keeps you from having to hunt down a spot to create weapons, which keeps you actively hacking zombies! The story is nothing to different from prior titles and the main character is ok and it kept me engaged.

The main problems of prior DR games were improved in this round and I recommend it.

Graphics: 8-10 Improved from prior titles but doesn't blow your socks off. Very good though!

Sound- 8- Everything from the moan of zombies to the cars sounds great and really no complaints here.

Controls- Controls very well the the trigger vibration during driving is a neat addition. The only complaint is the mapping/life items. It is too easy to drop a weapon during a fight just to get more life. Life items should be mapped to a different button/layout.

FUN factor- 10! I enjoyed the other Dead Rising games, but something was always a little off for me, but this time around it is a BLAST.

Side note: Reviews that have have a very low score are questionable because the game is not broken and plays perfectly. Games rated that low are broken mess. Gamers that have agendas go to ratings for what cause, only they know.
  29. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is fun as the same DR1 & 2, feels better in the gameplay, more weapons to use (now you really grab everything in the game), the word is bigger and the jokes for fans are great: same formula, only better
  30. Nov 30, 2013
    Just finished the game, and loved it. Funny, addictive, and steamrolling 1000's of zombies just doesn't get old. Very few games I start a second play through, but have done with this right away to try and complete things I missed. Few games also make me laugh out loud quite like this too. Brilliant game and a great start to the new gen.
    A f£&k all the idiots damaging the score of a game
    people spent years of their life working on because of some bizarre affinity for one corporate entity over another. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2013
    Although the graphics are what some people would consider very disappointing for a next gen game, Dead Rising 3 is none the less a fantastic game and in my opinion probably one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. You can't help but want to complete all side missions and experiment with a huge array of weapon combos to hack and slash helpless zombies. The story is very good (as are all DR games) despite being executed poorly, many reviewers fail to note how smart the story line actually is.

The darker tone, excellent weapon selection, funny psychopaths (bosses) and huge map (for a DR game) makes Dead Rising 3 a great choice for an early Xbox One game.
  32. Nov 29, 2013
    Nothing more to add here other than it's amazingly fun... There are some ridiculous reviews dinging it for things like "I can't skip cutscenes" (yes you can... click B) and that the game slows down when action gets intense (no it doesn't slow down at all it only pauses when I save the game) that make it clear (at least to me) the reviews aren't to be taken seriously. If you are skeptical at all have a rent of it first but unless you hate everything fun you'll find lots to love. Expand
  33. Dec 1, 2013
    First of all, this is one of the best DLCS that I ever played, there is something BIOSHOCK STYLE on this particular one. NOW, To all that are and ranting about this DLC being too hard and being too difficult, the only thing I know is that YOUR FAULT that we're getting games dumber easier nowadays.

You guys should go back to your ANIMES where everything is colorful and pervert. I
    think the atmosphere and sense of danger and expectation we can find on DEAD MONEY IS something that I've just found on BIOSHOCK 1. This DLC is really something. Despite of being a little bit LINEAR is very dark and immersive.

I love it! 9 score. IMO.
  34. Nov 30, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is amazing, few attack animations are made up with the fact there are a total of 101 combo weapons and 375 weapons in full. The games graphics are not beautiful or next gen, but this is why its such a good game. Up to 2000 zombies on screen at once is unbelievable. For example Killzone: Shadowfall on the PS4 is beautiful, but has a cap of only 24 AI on screen at once. I with so many next gen games like Ryse, Knack, and Killzone: Shadowfall being practicality tech demos for particle effects, polygons, and textures achievable by only next gen; Dead Rising 3 is the only to show off AI possibilities which is the fundamentals of fun in video games. My only complaint is the second to last boss is incredibly annoying. So to sum everything up from my great experience this is the best next gen exclusive at launch.

Positives
    +Lots of Weapons
    +Capcom Cross Overs (Mega-man Costume and Blaster, Street Fighter References)
    +Massive Crowds of Zombies
    +Good Plot

Negatives
    -Friendly Fire to Followers
    -Bad World Design Flow
    -Time Limit to Beat the Game(You have a very long time though, took me 2 out of the 5 in game days to beat it.)
    -Very Forgettable Characters

WISH: This wish is for Metacritic. Please find a way to make it so that you need to verify somehow you have even played the game. Some people who like Sony and Hate Microsoft have said things like "There aren't enough zombies" or "The zombies barely go after you" or "There are barely any weapons"
    This is annoying because reviews are supposed to help people determine whether or not to buy a game. Instead people are just trying to through off the truth and get more people onto their preferred console.
  35. Dec 2, 2013
    Not sure why this gets low ratings. Forget the frame rate and resolution.. new generation should have epic graphics....OR maybe it should allow something the last Gen couldn't...in this case, hundreds of zombies on screen at a time. to sum it up, large sandbox with lots of exploring, good story, fun and funny side missions and no load times. I love this game, would gave 10 if I thought it had more replay ability. This is definitely my favorite game in One and it is very solid for a launch. Expand
  36. Dec 8, 2013
    Amazing game. Personally, I am a huge zombie fan, and this satisfied my desires of a simulated zombie apocalypse. Sometimes, the crazy amount of zombies gets annoying because they simply re-spawn once you walk far enough (even if you clear the premises). Open world with majority of places available to explore.
  37. Dec 13, 2013
    The best dead rising of all. It's more funny than both previous ones and the save system is better. The countdown is not so stressful. The best game in Xbox One in this moment.
  38. Dec 14, 2013
    I always loved the Dead Rising series, but it always had some frustrating design flaws that marred the overall experience and made it hard for me to recommend to all.

From unfair, tedious boss battles to a frustrating save system all of that seems to have taken on board and I think unshackled the game from it's well-meaning, but clumsy predecessors.
  39. Jan 22, 2014
    Now this is a great launch title for the Xbox One. I never got into the first dead rising on Xbox 360 and never played dead rising 2. but after playing dead rising 3 I Got to admit I'm hooked on this game. Yes you can tell that it was originally made for Xbox 360, but later beefed up and made for The *Awesome* Xbox One.the game is full and I mean full of Zombies at one time with no frame rate drops in site with the madness going on screen. The game has Humor,gore (lots of gore),sweet vehicles and weapons you can create with ease.the only problem I've seen is some times the games freezes for about a second or two but the game runs fine otherwise so far. so with all that said, Dead Rising 3 is one great game for the Xbox One and a must play. Expand
  40. Dec 20, 2013
    This is the best launch title since Halo Combat Evolved.
    The Dead Rising series just keeps getting better. The story is similar to the precious titles; Discover why this happened and try to escape, but nobody really plays these games for the story. The graphics although not going to take your breath away are still a noticeable step up from the previous generation console. The game has had
    over a thousand zombies on screen at once, while gas canisters explode around me, setting zombies on fire, and raining blood all around my player, all while driving in a combo vehicle and maintaining 30 fps. The characters also show more noticeable emotion in their facial expressions.
    Everything I disliked about the previous titles is gone! You can save on the fly, The time restraints are much more relaxed, you can make combo weapons and vehicles anywhere, and you have access to multiple safe houses where you can resupply on any item you have ever picked up, or garages where you can reclaim any vehicle you've ever driven. I understand that this does decrease the difficulty of the game a bit, but the added fun factor massively out ways the negatives.
    The game is gory vulgar and everything else you should expect from a AAA zombie massacre game. Over the top violence and humor that goes well beyond being suggestive is the bread and butter of this game. The coop feature works very well also. There are few things more fun than teaming up with a buddy and plowing through hordes of zombies. I would give the game a 9.5 were that an option. The only reason being the not quite outstanding graphics, but since it is not an option I round up to 10. Buy this game it is reason enough to purchase an Xbox One!
  41. Mar 12, 2014
    I don't have an Xbone I have a PS4 but I played this from start to finish at a buddies.... I don't know how this game got such a low score, the game is fun, what do people expect out of a game that was made to just go around kill zombies and have a blast...It's like those people who gave splatter house a bad review because the game had no good story.... Of course a game named "splatter house" will have a good story.lol... Anyway I played through the game and I thought it was much better than the other Dead Risings....Pick it up if you own a xbone Expand
  42. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is FUN! The weapons storage system is so forgiving, and makes it much easier to load up on your favorite mega weapons for a mission run. There's no need for "realism" with the inventory, and having to start finding ingredients all over again in a game like this - thank you for chanign that from the older DR games! The controls are tight and responsive, the vehicles are useful and handle well, the characters are entertaining, the cut scenes are SHORT and TO THE POINT (i hate long cutscenes with slow pacing - LET ME PLAY), and the amount of characters on the screen is staggaring! There is a neat little novelty of getting more missions and small items via the Xbox Smartglass, there are plenty of optional collecting items to hunt for if you want, the environments are fun and organized well with plenty of buildings to go in and out of. Here's a nice little OPTIONAL exploit as well... if you rant to just enjoy the game, and power thru everything (like me) you can rank up easily/quickly with the scythe weapons, and as you character levels ahead faster than intended, the bosses and challenges are a breeze. I get it some people want a hardcore challenge, but i want to play a game that is fun and entertaining to me, which is a little challenging, but let's me progress thru without getting frustrated or bored. Give this game a try even if you haven't played the old Dead Rising games! Expand
  43. Dec 10, 2013
    Excellent coop game available for the xbox one. I can understand some fans of previous games complaining about the time restraints not as tight as Dead rising 1 and 2 but there is a nightmare mode which reduces the time you have and also the zombies are harder and the safe points are reduced. Due to the mass of zombies on screen this does slow down the graphics but the gameplay of slaughtering zombies never lets up on latter in the game with thousands of zombies on screen and my enjoyment never stopped rolling them over. Needs coop to fully enjoy the game trying to beat each other wearing the silliest clothes and best combo weapon. The launch games for the xbox one this is the one I have enjoyed the best. Highly recommended playing coop you loose something playing single player. Expand
  44. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is literally the only game worth buying so far of the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles, in amongst the vast sea of pure launch title this little gem has surfaced, looks great, plays great, the sheer amount of chaos you are capable of is amazing in itself. The story is cool, the main character is likeable, one negative reviewer pointed out the duels are too hard, if the duels are too hard you must be dire at this game, I have not clocked a single death thus far and my complaint would be that the game is too easy!

As for frame rate... if you clock the game at 60fps and then get drops to 30 and lower, your eyes will notice that, it will be jarring. If you lock it at 30fps and it stays that you will adjust to that and it will not be jarring, and, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of zombies within a couple hundred meter radius of your character (I just had a 500zombie kill streak about 10 minutes ago) for there to not be framerate issues in amongst that chaos is great, but the very reason it's locked to 30fps.

Of course in an ideal world it'd clock a consistent 60fps+ and stay there, but the PS4 and Xbox One just aren't capable of that like a PC is!

And then there's the people saying 720p vs 1080p. Seriously I bet most people saying that have no idea of the difference and likely use a TV for their console anyway to all of you out there, try a high spec PC monitor (which will be cheaper than a ****ter quality TV) and witness your console displaying something you never thought it could. I have no idea why that information is kept secret...
  45. Mar 3, 2014
    How could you say the graphics are bad? They're definitely not bad. And if this game was 60fps it would look immeasurably cheesy. People don't understand why developers choose 30fps over 60fps. It's not always for performance.

If you've never played a Dead Rising game before and you play DR3 for 1-5 hours and decide to right a negative review about it, your opinion is practically
    invalid. It would be like me complaining Call of Duty: Ghosts is a horrible twitchy fast paced shooter when that's what Call of Duty is. They're not going to change the style if its a successful franchise.
    I love the fact they gave players more time to mess around killing zombies, building weapons and vehicles, exploring the world for blueprints and survivors, etc.
    Capcom designed this game to be an arcady, japanese style zombie killing game. The shooting isn't supposed to be realistic. You can combine a cardboard box with a foam finger to create a poking gun to kill zombies with. (is that not hilarious?) So the graphics are literally 8th or 9th on their list for importance. If you played DR2, Dead rising 3 has amazing graphics comparably. The graphics are probably the only reason for the fps drops and fade in textures from distances.
    The controls are smoother than before and there are a ton of player upgrades and abilities. I love it

All in all, if you like the Dead Rising franchise, this game takes Dead Rising to a new level. 8.5/10 for me
  46. Feb 25, 2014
    Really great game, if you liked the originals then you will like this game too. They have improved on the original idea and it has a lot more depth. Driving around killing zombies with a car is hours of fun.
  47. Dec 12, 2013
    The best launch title I played, constantly amazed by the graphics both in game when you cram hundreds of zombies on screen and the cutscenes with mind blowing textures. Yet the most impressive aspect of the game is the improvements that Capcom have made to the game play in every sense, the story, the NPC's, the item crafting and most importantly the improvement to the fluidness of in game play it's no Assasins Creed but it is no longer a jerky horrid mess, it now plays like the action game it should be.

I really did not like the first two games, but this game is in every sense a title worthy of having a series of games built around it, as well as the crown for best exclusive launch title.

9.0 It is the best showing and most fun you will get on a next gen launch title.
  48. Feb 25, 2014
    Amazing game. I couldn't put it down once I started. The story line is great. I stayed up all night playing it and didn't even realize it. The combo weapons blew me away. I love the fact you can make them on the go. Makes it easier to stay alive. You can stick to the story and finish the game in around 15-20 hours or go exploring and zombie killing and spend 50+ hours on it. The zombie killing never got old for me either. I had a stretch of 3 hours of nothing but zombie killing and didn't even realize that much time had passed. The onky knock I have is the dlc sucks. Could have added even more to the game yet you just don't feel like it's worth the money you spent on it Expand
  49. Feb 8, 2014
    Dead rising three is a good game. Im not a big fan of the go here get this, go to the next town get that, then go back to the same town you were just at. Theres a lot of this in there, but its not that bad. The environments are huge and graphically delicious. The xbox one settings make everything look to sharp and that **** everything up lol
  50. Dec 23, 2013
    this game is impressive for the next gen,because of the large amount of zombies on screen without any loading screens,despite the bugs xbox360 like graphics,this game is very funny
  51. Feb 1, 2014
    Totally amazing, and eras better than its predecessors. Dead Rising 3 was a blast all around and kept me entertained for hours on end. They showcased their creativity with combo weapons and vehicles, and created a unique story. While confusing and in snippets, the stort is well showcased. Also, one thing that at least raised my review by a point is co-op. This has to easily be one of the best games for grabbing a friend and just killing zombies. I definetly recommend it. This is a worthy new generation game. Expand
  52. Mar 28, 2014
    The zombies killing machine games, is back with more funtime... But the changes, was really mixed-up with the combo tackling, and psychopath was sometimes easy, or hard to kill....
  53. Feb 11, 2014
    Not giving a 10 because of the graphics. The game is just perfect in every other way. If you want a game to have fun with - and LOTS of fun - this is your pick.
  54. Jan 8, 2014
    I have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn't the worst game but DEFIANTLY not the best game. The game doesn't have the best graphics but WHO CARES about graphics? The point is to have fun and what the developers point is to do is to get the point across. Would you want better graphics or more content? Content trumps reso and graphics quality Expand
  55. Nov 26, 2013
    best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  56. Dec 8, 2013
    There is no denying you can have a ton of fun in this game killing zombies in almost any way you can think off. The graphics are solid with huge number of zombies on your screen. It has a few glitches here and there but if you love killing zombies this is the game for you
  57. Aug 9, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is an awesome game. The story is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The gameplay is fluid thanks to a variety of weapons. My only complaint is that the game crashed about three times on me.
  58. Dec 23, 2013
    This is the first Dead Rising series that I actually like. The fixed some of the issues of the controls and added insanely funny weapons and vehicles. It's kind of like playing Grand Theft Auto with Zombies. Some parts are frustratingly difficult but the inclusion of Smart Glass really makes this game stand out.
  59. Dec 30, 2013
    a great game. The best deadrising until here. The graphics are not perfect but worth playing cause is very funny.

The game flows very well in the story mode is very cool and go over the zombies with comprensor roll.
  60. Dec 31, 2013
    When I bought my Xbox One, there was one game I truly wanted, which was Dead Rising 3. I was planning on buying a PS4, but when this was announced at E3, I jumped ship. And I was not disappointed in the slightest. I had no problems with the frame rate, it stayed 30fps the whole time (I didn't mind 30). The graphics were good, but if you want a game for graphics, play Ryse. This games graphics are not pushing the console's limits, but there is 1 thing that truly matters in games, which is fun factor. This game is probably the most fun I've had since Borderlands 2. You never grow tired of zombie killing. If you are the type of person who only cares about graphics (and you are a terrible person if you are), buy Ryse or Forza. If you enjoy everything that goes into a game, play DR3. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  61. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is actually really fun, Most of the negative reviews are usually from Sony fan boys trying to give every Xbox One game a bad review.

The graphics are actually really good considering how many Zombies it can render on screen at one time. It's one of the nicest Xbox One launch titles and highly recommended.
  62. Oct 16, 2014
    This game doesn't have the best graphics but the boss battles are the funnest i have fought in a while but the game dose have bad voice acting and can sound awkward at times. Half way through the game you'll see familiar characters from past Dead Rising games. The amount of weapons you can craft and pick up is crazy and super fun to use against a horde of zombies. The map is big compared to previous installments and fun to explore and you will see a huge amount of zombies thanks to next gen. The is truly one of the best games i have played in awhile and i highly recommend it if you're getting the Xbox One. Expand
  63. Jan 5, 2014
    I played this game for hours and hours. Finishing with a 30,000+ kill count, then I beat it all over again on Nightmare mode. While it does not contain cutting edge graphics it does bring along fun game play. Ever seen a man in knights armor hit a zombie with a giant teddy bear? You will in this game.
  64. Jan 19, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is a great game and is the best Xbox One launch title. Microsoft did it right when they made it a exclusive for the Xbox One because it made me and a lot of people get a Xbox One for this game. The game did get boring for me though a couple hours after I beat the story. But over all this is a great game and if you have a Xbox One and you don't have this game then you should definitely get this game. Expand
  65. Mar 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great game. It's funny and fun. My favorite weapon is the thrust cannon. It shoots out fire and ice, is very powerful, and the design is hilarious. Get this game. You won't regret it.
  66. Jan 27, 2014
    An amazing zombie game. It has funny side missions, great boss battles, an amazing story line, and not the best- but great graphics. It's amazing by the shear amount of zombies it can hold on the screen. Awesome combos and weapons, and an amazing launch game. If your looking for a fun, open world, grand theft auto like game ( except with zombies), this is the game to get.
  67. Feb 21, 2014
    Fantastic game, a true masterpiece from Capcom! From single-player to playing with friends over the internet, this game is unbeatable fun! Hundreds of weapons and vehicles are to be crafted and used with brilliant animations in this technological masterpiece! With thousands of zombies on screen at any one time, this is easily one of the most impressive games on the market.
    The graphics
    are good, but you would have probably seen better in games such as Forza. However, they don't take anything away from the awesome game-play. I would recommend this game not only to zombies fans, but to casual gamers as well. 10 out of 10. Epic! Expand
  68. Feb 27, 2014
    Easily one of, if not, the best game released with the Xbox One. It's certainly not perfect, but aspects of the game make it clear that this generation of consoles will do huge things. The gameplay is amazing. There is such a wide variety of missions, weapons, and enemies. It's tough to get bored of finding new ways to kill zombies - just when I would think I loved using one weapon, a new weapon would come along and become my favorite to use. The same idea goes for enemies and mission types; the game evolves as you become more experienced so that it doesn't overly easy. While the graphics can be a little off during cut scenes or when you travel too quickly using a fast vehicle, they are generally smooth. The game's engine is dynamite. There are thousands of zombies, all with their own, specific coding. Just when you think you've cleared an area, you turn the corner and BOOM, there's another thousand zombies to mow down. Being the first game I played on Xbox One, I feel that there is certainly a little bias. However, Dead Rising 3 is a game that will entertain you for days. Expand
  69. Mar 10, 2014
    Pro's: Open world shooter, hundreds of zombies in all directions, Decent sized map, No loading, Good graphics for an "open world game", re-playable

Con's: Cut scenes graphics could have been better, technically there's still a time limit, and you have to stay within the story mode.

Ultimately this is a fun @ss game; it's an open world shooter, with hundreds of zombies in all
    directions. The map is a good size, and there's not loading. The graphics could have been better (during the cut scenes), but they are anything but "bad". They are hit & miss (some characters look really good; others are just okay - comparing to what we think "next gen" should look like). However, the graphics (in-game) are better than any other "open world" shooter, we've played previous gen. The only negatives is that there is still a time limit (despite them claiming there is not), and you're always in the story mode.. Keep in mind that the time limit is extended so far that you don't have to worry about it, but still... it's besides the point. You can also free roam and do your own thing throughout the game (even though your technically always in story mode). I would have liked them to make a separate game type (or say, after you beat the game) that allowed total free roam without the story & time limit, that allows you to just blow crap up. Technically, you can do that anyways (believe me, time limit is not an issue); maybe it's OCD, I would have just liked to see a separate free roam selection. Although, you can always just join a multiplayer game (into someone else's story) and just f' around.

The game is fun as hell... Beat it three times, played around in multiplayer as well.
  70. Mar 21, 2014
    If you want a game that is simply a lot of fun and has a good sense of humor, then buy this game. This game is an awful lot like Grand Theft Auto meets Dead Island meets anime. The graphics are not good though. The timer is also extremely annoying.
  71. Mar 24, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is the funniest Dead Rising ever. Its renewed weapon and combo system offer you thousands of possibilities. Moreover, it has a great campaign full of awesome missions.
  72. Mar 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is such a brilliant and underrated game. DR3 is much better than DR1 and 2 in my opinion. The game looks really good, the amount of zombies that Capcom can fit onto the screen at any one time is astounding. The story isn't perfect, but it's very well done and always held my interest. The game is a lot of fun over all and it's challenging in all the right areas. Multiplayer is what makes this game really fun though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a really fun game that offers 15 to 20 hours of gameplay. Expand
  73. Apr 30, 2014
    dead rising 3 is a good pick for people that are getting a Xbox one it will bring 100+ of fun and the whole 60$ worth with combo card and are almost endless nothing better then making a teddy bear with LMG on it and you on a roof with a nail gun it good fun the co-op is kinda lame but the story was good if you have played the last 2 game if not maybe start there, there are also a new mode called nightmare which make it like dead rising 1 and zombie are very blood thirty and will wast you fast so be careful an the normal mode is more for exploration and ton of thing to collect , so have fun Expand
  74. May 29, 2014
    I think this game is the best Dead rising game out there, it's worth the purchase. I enjoyed the psychopaths of the game (The 7 deadly sins). Also Don't listen to all the fakers who are giving this game a 0. They don't know what the F*^# they're talking about, and they're jealous the Xbox One got it exclusively.

A fun, wild waste of time that doesn't really live up to its predecessors.
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  3. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]