6.6

1. Nov 22, 2013
    True next gen game with huge open world thousands of zombies great graphics and no loading screens screw u ps and pc fanboys ur all tools this game is verry funny.
  2. Nov 24, 2013
    Killing zombies is fun, as always.
    + There are A LOT of different weapons.

- DR3 doesn't feel next-gen, because graphics don't look cool and the game runs at 30fps.
    - Frame rate drops (the game went down to 14fps once)
    - After a few hours you will get bored, killing zombies randomly without a reason is not fun
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Huge open world, and a lot of zombies on your screen! The gameplay is the same as the previous Dead Rising games, but that was expected. The map is a bit smaller than I thought. There is an enormous variety of weapon you can build to slaughter the zombies...
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    If you played any of its predecessors, then you already know what to expect; lots of zombies, crazy weapons, and a lot of fun. However, just like its predecessors, slaying thousands of zombies get tiresome after a few hours. Furthermore, there is not much replay value outside of co-op, arguably its best feature. Unfortunately, even co-op won't keep you playing for that much longer.

In terms of gameplay, its your basic third person action hack 'n slash with a fairly robust crafting/upgrade system. Executions show a lot of detail and are quite entertaining, however you will be experiencing deja vu rather quickly when you consider how many zombies you will be killing. The game also boasts 300+ weapons, but only a handful of "ultimate" fully upgraded weapons exist; its these weapons that you will ultimately be using over and over again. Vehicle crafting is a nice touch, but it fairly limited. Still, running down a large mob with a car will likely bring a bit of joy the first few times you do it.

In terms of performance, the only thing next gen about this game is the shear number of zombies on screen. They did a great job on the number count, the variety of character models, and of course the models of the zombie "innards". Unfortunately, the fact that this game started on Xbox 360 shows, with poor textures and a stumbling 20 fps. In my opinion, Dead Rising 2 had more than enough zombies and they didn't need to sacrifice frame rate for three times the zombie as twice as many zombies would have probably been enough.

In the end, if you like third person action games, love the idea of slaying thousands of zombie in unique ways, then I say give it shot. While it may not represent what next gen is capable of, it kept me entertained through most of the night (about 8 hours before I was bored of it). I'd say that's reasonable as many AAA only last about 8-12 hours these days to begin with (though DR3 could keep you busy longer than that).
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    Before I start my review I have to laugh at how many fanboys from Sony Come on here posting reviews I have a game system they don't even have lol like xclusiveitalian Who uses two pages just the criticize the game. Btw hes also Nintengod. Metacritic you might want to look into that one.
    With that being said I have to say I really enjoyed playing Dead Rising! This in open world zombie game
    that is huge!! I'm trying to play all games that I bought last night but this one Is the one that I'm going to play repeatedly! Like I said in my other if you I'm not really a racing fan But I am a dead risin fanatic! Flashing through hundreds of Zombies trying to survive is one of my favorite parts of this game! And you get to be be Mega Man tat's all I have to say! It's the open-world blood bath and you'll love it! Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    I find it funny how if you click on the name of someone who scored this game a 0 you can see how they gave every Xbone game a 0 and there beloved PS4 games a 10....
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    nothing special or innovative
    this is a game that can be also experienced on Xbox 360
    the story is hollow, the characters are forgetable, some of the sexual humors are just way too over
    overall the game is fun, but It's not a good step to this franchise
    enjoy it or not, this is just another zombie killing game without any innovation, Literally
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    Check Xclusiveitalian 's review history, posting 10/10's for PS4 games, but 0's on all Xbox games, Metacritic serves no purpose if not moderated. Same for user MGdawg and Nintengod is hyping Nintendo scores & posting 0's on Xbox One games. I wish all of these fanboys get banned, so Metacritic can be useful again to decide for a game/product.
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    I've HAD IT. METACRITIC. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE POSTING REVIEWS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GAME EXPERIENCE. For USERS you need to start having a verification check that they OWN the game. Perhaps link databases with Sony/XBox. I'm sure if it stopped all the fake reviews for their products they'd have no complaints. Maybe use a product code (thats unused) to link to your account.

This game is fantastic. Ignore all the 0's, they come from people who don't own the game. It's sad, you know why they do it. I know why they do it. Lets ignore it until metacritic takes responsibility. This site is awesome, except in moments like now... when for some reason people feel the absurd need to rip on another consoles products. I've been gaming since the 80's. I own an XBone, and will be getting a PS4 as soon as really cool exclusive titles come out for it that I want. They don't have any now.. thats not a rip on them. But this game? Exclusive to the Xbone. Open World. Zombies. Cars. Nough said.

Get the game.
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    this game is fun,funny, and a awesome launch game for the xbox one, its worth the buy, there are so many zombies!!!!!!!!this is a great game to play with your friends
  11. Nov 22, 2013
    Honestly if this was the only thing I played on X1...I would be listing my new console on eBay right now. The graphics are completely BAD, the other commenter mentioning it was a port from 360 hit it right on the head! The other issue is I was hoping to do local co op with my friend last night, nope.This game is painful to play, the framerate is sad..(how could it do local co op when one screen is too much for it, let alone another player)and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to playing this! Expand
  12. Nov 25, 2013
    The Sony fan boys can't stand the fact that the PS4 doesn't have any well reviewed games, so they have to come on here and trash this game for no good reason. I've been playing DR3 since launch day and having so much fun. It's not perfect but worth buying. I bought both this game and Forza 5, both games are outstanding.
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    How sad is it that people ave taken the time out there day to create an account, and give 0s to games that are not on their console of choice.

Regardless, Dead Rising 3 is the most fun I have had on my new console, it may have a slightly more serious look, but don't be fooled, it just as wacky as it's ever been. The game has been improved in nearly every aspect over the previous game,
    from graphics to gameplay, and the amount of zombies on screen is insane, after just 30 mins play I was already on 1200 kills. The story is decent as well, solid acting, with a plot that held my attention for the full 20 hours are had with the game. The coop has been greatly improved also, no longer do you have to replay story if you already done it in someone else's coop game, and killing zombies is always more fun with a friend. However there was one issue I noticed, when I was playing single player my friend invited me to his game, and it just pulled me out my game without asking me, I'm' not sure if it's a bug, or something I've missed in the menus, regardless, it was an annoyance.

If you liked the other Dead Risings you will probably love this, and even if you didn't, you still might want to give this game a go.
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    With it's great weapons crafting system and great sense of humour, Dead Rising 3 is definitely worthy of a launch title. But the inconsistent framerate and storyline can be a pain in the sometimes. Worth the 500 for Xbox One if you ask me.
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    PLEASE ignore the 0 reviews, none of them play or own an X1. Dead rising 3 is actually a very beautiful and fun game. The sheer amount of zombies is mind boggling. There is alot to do in this game and multiple modes like Nightmare and timed.

Coop with a partner is very satisfying. If you want an open world game with a next Gen feel, this is the one for you.
  16. Nov 22, 2013
    Oh look the ps4 drones are giving low scores. How mature, fanboys. As for the sane people reading this, don't listen to the mindless haters, its a good game.

Its just as good as the previous Dead Rising games, actually its the best one so far. If you are a fan of the series definitely get this. If you are too much of a tight ass that can't handle the goofy nature of this game (the
    entire series actually) then go away, it was never meant for you. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2013
    Amazing game, when you come in the game, you see thousands of zombies on the screen and it just threatens you! It is fun, with more than 250 combo weapons and thousands of weapons overall! This game is seriously amazing next gen game!
  18. Nov 22, 2013
    Amazing game good graphic sonyboys suck my dick. i wait my xone wery wery. best ever console made. love love love love xone!!! good work microsoft!!!!!
  19. Nov 24, 2013
    Anyone who says the graphics are bad doesn't know what a polygon count is and is simply uneducated on video game CG. you would have to be overwhelmingly ignorant to think that. graphics are awesome considering the massive scope of the game, seeing hundreds of zombies at once.
  20. Nov 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is hands down the best entry in the series. It's too bad that Sony fanboys are lying about owning these games and giving them low scores. Anyways, as for Dead Rising 3, it's a massive city with no load times, lots of detail, lots of things to do, great cutscene cinematics with excellent facial animations, etc. The Sony fanboys seems to be jealous of all the Xbox One exclusives.
  21. Nov 23, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game a lot. I'm glad there is a choice to revert to the original play style. The fact that there are more zombies on screen at once makes it feel like more of a "horde," and their increased aggression from the previous games keeps it exciting, fun and fluid. The controls also handle really well, as opposed to the wonky controls from its predecessors. I feel like people are giving bad reviews for the wrong reasons. I would give it a full 10 if I could play it on my PS4 instead of my friend's Xbox One. Hopefully a PS4 port is in order for the next year. Expand
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    It's fun killing zombies and running them over with various vehicles. The story mode is not very well thought out though. Some of the encounters in the game are just strange, this is a very silly game with not much realistic feeling to it. For example. You can catch bugs and crush them so the heads of the zombies close to you explode. For me that just puts me off a little. Another downfall is while you can make some pretty sweet weapons they don't hold up for long and break easy. A good note though is the graphics, for one of the first games on the shelf the graphics are pretty good. So if you like strange silly games this is the game for you. Expand
  23. Nov 27, 2013
    Fantastic game and best in the series yet. This game and Forza5 are the two best launch games on either console so far. If you have an xbox one pick Forza5 and Dead Rising 3 up right now! Dead Rising 3 has a very big world, TONS of zombies, nice graphics and it is a ton of fun to play.
  24. Nov 24, 2013
    Warning: Ignore the sony fanboys trying to give every xbox one game a low score. Very immature comunity.

If you're a fan of the deadrising series and liked the previous games, pick deadrising 3 up. It amps up everything in deadrising 2 from the improved action, the amount of zombies (OMG), no more unnecessary loading screens for the large zombifulled city like in the first two games and
    so much more to explain. It's fun, it's silly, it's what you except for a next gen deadrising game. Exactly, It's what you would except from a deadrising game. It feels no doubt unpolished in my perspective where the maps doesn't feel as special like the first two games. It's just a generic run down destroyed city. Unpolished in where the survivors that you took your time to rescue just suddenly vanishes after you saved them. In the end it just feels sort of tacky and a chore. I really recommend this game though as in every other deadrising game, the campaign is boring in single player. So make sure to grab a friend or mother to enjoy the silliness with you. Expand
  25. Tds
    Nov 23, 2013
    Great game, fun to play and full of side missions. Kinect orders are usefull as well as smartglass. Boss battles are challenging... What more to ask for?
    I know graphics aren't the strong part of this game, but still does the job for me.
  26. Nov 24, 2013
    This is a solid 8/10
    It has its moments but the open zombie ridden world is just too awesome to negate from conversation. The fact you can jump on cars, roofs and scenery and become surrounded by a horde of zombies and jump in and slaughter the lot and come out covered in gore, its just exactly what you want from a zombie game.
    Visually its ok for next-gen; the kinect integration is
    nice (talking though menus, controlling your posse and shouting at zombies); the gameplay is epic; the cut-scene that is a rip-off from Shaun of the Dead is noticable Expand
  27. kad
    Nov 24, 2013
    Amazing and just pure fun to play! Open world, many many zombies and its not only fun to play, but also fun to watch others play. Many different weapons and long story. 10/10 recommend!
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    Removing all the 10's and 0's would create a more realistic score. I've included a short review. Video: 6.5/10 Audio: 8/10 GamePlay: 8/10 OverallExperience:9.5/10 (7.5/10 if you DON’T have Smartglass working on a device) Average: 8/10 or 7.5/10 I didn't like DR1 or DR2 and the garbage reviews on here didn’t help. The only reason I bought this was to play with a friend as this release didn’t even register on my radar. The graphics were lower than expected for NextGen but, coming from someone who didn't like the series, the game makes up for it in other ways. I highly recommend playing this game on a home theatre or 5.1 headsets, as audio is quite important to the feel of the game. ****NOTE: I haven't played the single player campaign past the part needed to join/host a multiplayer session.
    I won't harp on the graphics but will say that though they need help. They won't hamper the game like many of the review say. They aren't amazing, maybe not next Gen, but I would put them above the predecessor for sure. This game is about all of the pieces coming together to give you a really fun gaming experience. I selected the speed run (matchmaking filter) option at the start as I connected my Nexus 4 and 7 using Smartglass and started a party chat with my friend. We were both a bit aggravated that we needed to play to a certain part in the story, where the 2nd player in multiplayer is introduced, but gave it a pass. They could have also dropped this with a skip the tutorial option. On the plus side it now has a multiplayer that allows the characters to not be the exact same with a different jacket to start. I then received my invite and we began the multiplayer session. A short while later my tablet activated and I started to use it. I used it as a quick visual guide to help me navigate to the various areas with a map that was more zoomed out allowing me to see a large area. I used it to track the missions, help keep track of the other player and, in single player, as a communications and information device. The Smartglass integration really helped the experience more than I thought it would. I really appreciated it being there. The graphics didn't hamper the game because of the overall effect. There seemed to be hundreds of zombies on the screen at times really adding to the feeling of being a survivor in a city that has been overrun. The multiplayer wasn’t perfect, but many of the items that bothered me about DR1 & DR2 are now gone. It’s easier to understand what is going on and that repetition of always going back to the main HQ has been removed. Rescuing other survivors is also no longer an annoying chore as skipping the conversation is now possible and you don’t need to babysit them back to the HQ. As a complete package, this game really came together, making this session the most fun I’ve had gaming in over a year. I don’t regret this purchase at all.
  29. Nov 25, 2013
    To put a zero is ridiculous. It's not a bad game, not the best one but still good. Graphics look not so bad and it's fun to play even after 10 hours. Some fanboys are spoiling a critic...again...
  30. Nov 25, 2013
    I am around 50% done with the game, and I have to sat holy cow what a blast. The game is top notch when it come down to just finding fun ways to kill zombies. Don't listen to haters that complain about frame rate drops, it hasn't happened to me and more than likely they are just trolls looking to sabotage a games review score that they don't own. The only reservation I have about the game is that the zombies look really similar to each other. Expand

1. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  2. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    The variety of weapons is once again Dead Rising’s biggest strength, but despite it being a sandbox game it quickly reveals all its secrets and becomes tedious. [03/2014, p.60]