6.6

1. Nov 22, 2013
    Huge open world, and a lot of zombies on your screen! The gameplay is the same as the previous Dead Rising games, but that was expected. The map is a bit smaller than I thought. There is an enormous variety of weapon you can build to slaughter the zombies...
  2. Nov 24, 2013
    Killing zombies is fun, as always.
    + There are A LOT of different weapons.

- DR3 doesn't feel next-gen, because graphics don't look cool and the game runs at 30fps.
    - Frame rate drops (the game went down to 14fps once)
    - After a few hours you will get bored, killing zombies randomly without a reason is not fun
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    If you played any of its predecessors, then you already know what to expect; lots of zombies, crazy weapons, and a lot of fun. However, just like its predecessors, slaying thousands of zombies get tiresome after a few hours. Furthermore, there is not much replay value outside of co-op, arguably its best feature. Unfortunately, even co-op won't keep you playing for that much longer.

In terms of gameplay, its your basic third person action hack 'n slash with a fairly robust crafting/upgrade system. Executions show a lot of detail and are quite entertaining, however you will be experiencing deja vu rather quickly when you consider how many zombies you will be killing. The game also boasts 300+ weapons, but only a handful of "ultimate" fully upgraded weapons exist; its these weapons that you will ultimately be using over and over again. Vehicle crafting is a nice touch, but it fairly limited. Still, running down a large mob with a car will likely bring a bit of joy the first few times you do it.

In terms of performance, the only thing next gen about this game is the shear number of zombies on screen. They did a great job on the number count, the variety of character models, and of course the models of the zombie "innards". Unfortunately, the fact that this game started on Xbox 360 shows, with poor textures and a stumbling 20 fps. In my opinion, Dead Rising 2 had more than enough zombies and they didn't need to sacrifice frame rate for three times the zombie as twice as many zombies would have probably been enough.

In the end, if you like third person action games, love the idea of slaying thousands of zombie in unique ways, then I say give it shot. While it may not represent what next gen is capable of, it kept me entertained through most of the night (about 8 hours before I was bored of it). I'd say that's reasonable as many AAA only last about 8-12 hours these days to begin with (though DR3 could keep you busy longer than that).
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    Before I start my review I have to laugh at how many fanboys from Sony Come on here posting reviews I have a game system they don't even have lol like xclusiveitalian Who uses two pages just the criticize the game. Btw hes also Nintengod. Metacritic you might want to look into that one.
    With that being said I have to say I really enjoyed playing Dead Rising! This in open world zombie game
    that is huge!! I'm trying to play all games that I bought last night but this one Is the one that I'm going to play repeatedly! Like I said in my other if you I'm not really a racing fan But I am a dead risin fanatic! Flashing through hundreds of Zombies trying to survive is one of my favorite parts of this game! And you get to be be Mega Man tat's all I have to say! It's the open-world blood bath and you'll love it! Expand
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    I find it funny how if you click on the name of someone who scored this game a 0 you can see how they gave every Xbone game a 0 and there beloved PS4 games a 10....
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    nothing special or innovative
    this is a game that can be also experienced on Xbox 360
    the story is hollow, the characters are forgetable, some of the sexual humors are just way too over
    overall the game is fun, but It's not a good step to this franchise
    enjoy it or not, this is just another zombie killing game without any innovation, Literally
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    Check Xclusiveitalian 's review history, posting 10/10's for PS4 games, but 0's on all Xbox games, Metacritic serves no purpose if not moderated. Same for user MGdawg and Nintengod is hyping Nintendo scores & posting 0's on Xbox One games. I wish all of these fanboys get banned, so Metacritic can be useful again to decide for a game/product.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    I've HAD IT. METACRITIC. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE POSTING REVIEWS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GAME EXPERIENCE. For USERS you need to start having a verification check that they OWN the game. Perhaps link databases with Sony/XBox. I'm sure if it stopped all the fake reviews for their products they'd have no complaints. Maybe use a product code (thats unused) to link to your account.

This game is fantastic. Ignore all the 0's, they come from people who don't own the game. It's sad, you know why they do it. I know why they do it. Lets ignore it until metacritic takes responsibility. This site is awesome, except in moments like now... when for some reason people feel the absurd need to rip on another consoles products. I've been gaming since the 80's. I own an XBone, and will be getting a PS4 as soon as really cool exclusive titles come out for it that I want. They don't have any now.. thats not a rip on them. But this game? Exclusive to the Xbone. Open World. Zombies. Cars. Nough said.

Get the game.
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    this game is fun,funny, and a awesome launch game for the xbox one, its worth the buy, there are so many zombies!!!!!!!!this is a great game to play with your friends
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    Honestly if this was the only thing I played on X1...I would be listing my new console on eBay right now. The graphics are completely BAD, the other commenter mentioning it was a port from 360 hit it right on the head! The other issue is I was hoping to do local co op with my friend last night, nope.This game is painful to play, the framerate is sad..(how could it do local co op when one screen is too much for it, let alone another player)and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to playing this! Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2013
    The Sony fan boys can't stand the fact that the PS4 doesn't have any well reviewed games, so they have to come on here and trash this game for no good reason. I've been playing DR3 since launch day and having so much fun. It's not perfect but worth buying. I bought both this game and Forza 5, both games are outstanding.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    How sad is it that people ave taken the time out there day to create an account, and give 0s to games that are not on their console of choice.

Regardless, Dead Rising 3 is the most fun I have had on my new console, it may have a slightly more serious look, but don't be fooled, it just as wacky as it's ever been. The game has been improved in nearly every aspect over the previous game,
    from graphics to gameplay, and the amount of zombies on screen is insane, after just 30 mins play I was already on 1200 kills. The story is decent as well, solid acting, with a plot that held my attention for the full 20 hours are had with the game. The coop has been greatly improved also, no longer do you have to replay story if you already done it in someone else's coop game, and killing zombies is always more fun with a friend. However there was one issue I noticed, when I was playing single player my friend invited me to his game, and it just pulled me out my game without asking me, I'm' not sure if it's a bug, or something I've missed in the menus, regardless, it was an annoyance.

If you liked the other Dead Risings you will probably love this, and even if you didn't, you still might want to give this game a go.
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    With it's great weapons crafting system and great sense of humour, Dead Rising 3 is definitely worthy of a launch title. But the inconsistent framerate and storyline can be a pain in the sometimes. Worth the 500 for Xbox One if you ask me.
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    PLEASE ignore the 0 reviews, none of them play or own an X1. Dead rising 3 is actually a very beautiful and fun game. The sheer amount of zombies is mind boggling. There is alot to do in this game and multiple modes like Nightmare and timed.

Coop with a partner is very satisfying. If you want an open world game with a next Gen feel, this is the one for you.
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    Oh look the ps4 drones are giving low scores. How mature, fanboys. As for the sane people reading this, don't listen to the mindless haters, its a good game.

Its just as good as the previous Dead Rising games, actually its the best one so far. If you are a fan of the series definitely get this. If you are too much of a tight ass that can't handle the goofy nature of this game (the
    entire series actually) then go away, it was never meant for you. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2013
    Amazing game, when you come in the game, you see thousands of zombies on the screen and it just threatens you! It is fun, with more than 250 combo weapons and thousands of weapons overall! This game is seriously amazing next gen game!
  17. Nov 22, 2013
    Amazing game good graphic sonyboys suck my dick. i wait my xone wery wery. best ever console made. love love love love xone!!! good work microsoft!!!!!
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    Anyone who says the graphics are bad doesn't know what a polygon count is and is simply uneducated on video game CG. you would have to be overwhelmingly ignorant to think that. graphics are awesome considering the massive scope of the game, seeing hundreds of zombies at once.
  19. Nov 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is hands down the best entry in the series. It's too bad that Sony fanboys are lying about owning these games and giving them low scores. Anyways, as for Dead Rising 3, it's a massive city with no load times, lots of detail, lots of things to do, great cutscene cinematics with excellent facial animations, etc. The Sony fanboys seems to be jealous of all the Xbox One exclusives.
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game a lot. I'm glad there is a choice to revert to the original play style. The fact that there are more zombies on screen at once makes it feel like more of a "horde," and their increased aggression from the previous games keeps it exciting, fun and fluid. The controls also handle really well, as opposed to the wonky controls from its predecessors. I feel like people are giving bad reviews for the wrong reasons. I would give it a full 10 if I could play it on my PS4 instead of my friend's Xbox One. Hopefully a PS4 port is in order for the next year. Expand
  21. Nov 27, 2013
    Dead Rising 3... A open world, with a LOT of zombies and a LOT of weapons... What else can we have Co-op Oops there is co-op So, this game is VERY good, the weapons customisations are very cool and almost all the weapons are really fun to use. A huge city, if you like Still Creek from Dead Rising 2 Case Zero, you'll really love this one And... Zombies everywhere. The Psychos are still really cool and funny. I found the game difficult, there are a lot of zombies and some can run The graphics are good but not amazing. The frame rate is good too and I never had like... 15fps or something like that. This game if very fun, you should buy it Expand
  22. Nov 27, 2013
    Ignore the low scored that talk about frame rate drops. These people haven't played the game. After the day one patch the frame rate is solid. If there's even the merest frame skip, it's well hidden with motion blur.

Dead Rising doesn't slow down even when you're ploughing through hundreds of zombies at high speed, explosions going off left and right (feels very next-gen there). The
    Eurogamer DF analysis was done on a pre-release build that no one who has an internet connection got to play, so is about as misleading as it gets.

This is the best Dead Rising, all-round, and the most approachable.
  23. Dec 22, 2013
    I have to be honest here, Dead Rising 3 suck big time.
    Now before you start accusing me of being a PS4 fanboy and that I'm jealous, I'm not ok. I own a Xbox One and one of the games I got for it was DR3, and holy do I wish I saved myself $60.
    I've only gotten through 3 chapters before I popped the disk out of the tray for good.
    It's boring for one. Not once did I feel for any of the
    characters I was interacting with.
    Navigating through the world is a chore, it feels loose and unrefined.
    The map is terrible, can't set waypoint (if there is they didn't make it easy to figure out how), you can't tell where you are, they didn't make it easy to set up what your priority mission is, and the menu is a to navigate though.
    The weapon selection and how you manage your weapons is crap to. If you inventory is full, you have to drop what your holding to pick up a health item. So if you're low on health and you've got a hoard of zombies right behind you, good luck with the controls long enough to grab that health without getting swiped at by a zombie. The character has two hands and can only use one of them? bull****.
    All the weapons feel slow and break too easily (I know you can upgrade the health of the weapon but you if you think I'll play through this ****fest long enough to get that). Aiming with a gun is loose and slippery and flies all over the screen, making it hard to do precise aiming.
    And the boss battles, OMG the bikers were so unrelenting they wouldn't let me catch a break to find health or change a weapon because they wouldn't stop throwing malitaves at me. And the main boss, that guy, your character is too slow, and he's too fast. I had to trick the AI into slamming into a pillar for me to get at him. I had to cheat to beat a boss, that should NOT be the case in a game just to get past it. The side missions are garbage, they just tell you to find a collection of items and don't tell you where they are, nice.
    In this collective pile of there was not a single moment where I had fun or had a smile on my face. I remember playing the first one years ago and was immediately turned off at the fact that I was being rushed by a timer. your timer, I'll go at the pace that want. So after skipping the sequel, I heard that DR3 wasn't going to have a timer. That peaked my interest and got me to get the game. While they got rid of the timer, the rest of the game was complete garbage.
    **** this game, I'd have more fun watching a fat guy jump up and down for an hour having his fat rolls fly everywhere.
    One of the worst games on the Xbox One, PS4 fans, your not missing a thing.
  24. Dec 27, 2013
    It's fun killing zombies and running them over with various vehicles. The story mode is not very well thought out though. Some of the encounters in the game are just strange, this is a very silly game with not much realistic feeling to it. For example. You can catch bugs and crush them so the heads of the zombies close to you explode. For me that just puts me off a little. Another downfall is while you can make some pretty sweet weapons they don't hold up for long and break easy. A good note though is the graphics, for one of the first games on the shelf the graphics are pretty good. So if you like strange silly games this is the game for you. Expand
  25. Nov 27, 2013
    Fantastic game and best in the series yet. This game and Forza5 are the two best launch games on either console so far. If you have an xbox one pick Forza5 and Dead Rising 3 up right now! Dead Rising 3 has a very big world, TONS of zombies, nice graphics and it is a ton of fun to play.
  26. Nov 24, 2013
    Warning: Ignore the sony fanboys trying to give every xbox one game a low score. Very immature comunity.

If you're a fan of the deadrising series and liked the previous games, pick deadrising 3 up. It amps up everything in deadrising 2 from the improved action, the amount of zombies (OMG), no more unnecessary loading screens for the large zombifulled city like in the first two games and
    so much more to explain. It's fun, it's silly, it's what you except for a next gen deadrising game. Exactly, It's what you would except from a deadrising game. It feels no doubt unpolished in my perspective where the maps doesn't feel as special like the first two games. It's just a generic run down destroyed city. Unpolished in where the survivors that you took your time to rescue just suddenly vanishes after you saved them. In the end it just feels sort of tacky and a chore. I really recommend this game though as in every other deadrising game, the campaign is boring in single player. So make sure to grab a friend or mother to enjoy the silliness with you. Expand
  27. Nov 26, 2013
    10 only because I'm a fan of the series. Unbiased, it's a 10. Biased it's a 10. When you play these games you realize that the story is going to be corny. You're not going to get Finally Fantasy 60 foot jumps and 9 foot swords with androgenous heroes. But you can manufacture one in this game. Skirts, hills, masks, and makeup. There's just so much. Dead Rising 1 is my all time favorite. But on this console I think it's safe to bet I've got a new one. Take it easy and enjoy. Expand
  28. Tds
    Nov 23, 2013
    Great game, fun to play and full of side missions. Kinect orders are usefull as well as smartglass. Boss battles are challenging... What more to ask for?
    I know graphics aren't the strong part of this game, but still does the job for me.
  29. Nov 24, 2013
    This is a solid 8/10
    It has its moments but the open zombie ridden world is just too awesome to negate from conversation. The fact you can jump on cars, roofs and scenery and become surrounded by a horde of zombies and jump in and slaughter the lot and come out covered in gore, its just exactly what you want from a zombie game.
    Visually its ok for next-gen; the kinect integration is
    nice (talking though menus, controlling your posse and shouting at zombies); the gameplay is epic; the cut-scene that is a rip-off from Shaun of the Dead is noticable Expand
  30. kad
    Nov 24, 2013
    Amazing and just pure fun to play! Open world, many many zombies and its not only fun to play, but also fun to watch others play. Many different weapons and long story. 10/10 recommend!

A fun, wild waste of time that doesn't really live up to its predecessors.
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  3. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]