- Summary: Draft and lead a group of characters into rugged battles against a diversity of enemies – from earth-shattering High Dragons to demonic forces from the otherworld of the Fade. Go hand to hand in visceral, heroic combat as your followers fight by your side, or switch to tactical view toDraft and lead a group of characters into rugged battles against a diversity of enemies – from earth-shattering High Dragons to demonic forces from the otherworld of the Fade. Go hand to hand in visceral, heroic combat as your followers fight by your side, or switch to tactical view to coordinate murderous offensives using the combined might of your party. See the tangible, visible results of your journey through a living world – raise structures, customize outposts, and change the landscape itself as environments are re-shaped in the wake of your Inquisition. Lead a party chosen from nine unique, fully-formed characters – each of whom react to your actions and choices differently, forming complex relationships both with you and with each other. Create your own character from multiple races, customize their appearance, and select their powers and abilities as the game progresses. Extensive customization options allow you to choose everything from the color of your follower’s boots to the features of your Inquisition stronghold. Become an agent of change in a time of uncertainty and upheaval. Shape the course of empires, bring war or peace to factions in conflict, and drive the ultimate fate of the Inquisition. Will you stop the cataclysmic anarchy gripping the Dragon Age? [Electronic Arts]… Expand
Nov 16, 2014There’s no hyperbole when I say that Dragon Age: Inquisition is the best RPG I’ve played in a long time. Hell, it’s the best game of any genre I’ve played in a long time. It’s a shoo-in for Game of the Year in my books, a masterclass in game design that deserves a spot in everyone’s game library.
Nov 11, 2014Dragon Age Inquisition has raised the bar for storytelling. It’s the sort of game you think you have figured out after a few hours, but time and time again it’ll surprise you. With a rebuilt combat system, an open and inviting world, 150 hours of content, and a warm and familiar storytelling system, Dragon Age Inquisition is the best RPG I’ve played in a decade.
Nov 11, 2014Great story, beautiful and complex semi-open world. An insane amount of content and fun mechanics. That Dragon Age: Inquisition is great looking and with an added bonus of co-op does not hurt either.
Nov 17, 2014Dragon Age: Inquisition is one of those rare games where its flaws sound severe on paper, but often melt away when you’re actually playing. We can’t remember the last time we’ve been so thoroughly absorbed by a virtual place or so attached to a cast of characters. In that sense, Dragon Age: Inquisition is a flawed journey, but it’s one that we eagerly want to return to.
Dec 18, 2014It might not be the greatest example of the current generation’s power, nor is it an exercise in reinvention and uniqueness – but when you’ve sunk 50 hours into Inquisition and hardly realised, and you still want to play it for another 50 hours, then you know you’re onto something good. This time the fans get what they want – and apparently what they wanted was very good indeed.
Nov 11, 2014In trying to be all things to all people, Dragon Age: Inquisition lacks the impact that it might otherwise have had if BioWare had imbued it with the same sense of purpose that its predecessors carried....Inquisition, on the other hand, offers an embarrassment of things to do but sometimes forgets to provide the motivation to do them.
Dec 14, 2014This is an excellent game. Well done bioware. I'm loving the wide open areas like the storm coast. Combat is improved atmosphere is nailed.This is an excellent game. Well done bioware. I'm loving the wide open areas like the storm coast. Combat is improved atmosphere is nailed. Think some people won't forgive dragon age 2. I actually quite liked it but this blows it clean out of the water. It is a pity the play disc can't be installed and the cut scenes are pretty ropey with textures having to load etc but the actual gameplay is amazing. It's the best game I've played all year and ive played them all.… Expand
Nov 21, 2014Superb writing with a story that is engrossing graphics are what next gen promised. Love the open world feel, not sure why there is so muchSuperb writing with a story that is engrossing graphics are what next gen promised. Love the open world feel, not sure why there is so much hate. This is exactly what the player base was asking for. I for one applaud Bioware for an excellent well thought out epic adventure that will continue to play for months to come.… Expand
Nov 18, 2014* Amazing atmosphere, I haven't felt this giddy walking around and exploring since Skyrim... it's more polished though, with only the odd* Amazing atmosphere, I haven't felt this giddy walking around and exploring since Skyrim... it's more polished though, with only the odd graphical oddity.
* Origins level, if not better, writing.
* Controller+PC = The most fun way to play. The UI for KB+M is lovely, but the movement is much, much better on controller..... they very much tailored EVERYTHING to work better on the gamepad (which is odd for PC).. this may irk some (but delights others like me to no end).
* Use Mantle if you are AMD GPU - I got a based god 10fps bump and everything just seems to look and run better when using the Mantle API.
* Install on a SSD for sure, load times are next to none.. just long enough to read 1-2 of the cards then you're into the game.
* Cut-scenes were a bit stuttery as well, until I used Mantle.. AMD cards and DX11 in this game don't like each other as much.
* The best music I have ever heard in a game, and I'm only 10 hours in.. it's just...... spectacular.
* The Storytelling, so far, is amazing... only bested by the superb atmosphere and character interactions.
* GOTY shoe in from what I've played.. it's the Dragon Age game you have been waiting for since finishing Origins, believe the hype.… Expand
Mar 23, 2015Although DA: Inquisition is not quite as excellent as Skyrim, it still earns the praise and awards given to it by simply being a great, openAlthough DA: Inquisition is not quite as excellent as Skyrim, it still earns the praise and awards given to it by simply being a great, open RPG that boasts great versatility and allows you to play as you'd like. The game is both easy to learn and somewhat difficult to master (a key component to a classic title) and doesn't force you to exclusively stick to the character you create to play through the game's reasonably-lengthy story. Like Skyrim, you could probably push through the core story items within a few days of play. But doing so will only make your late-game efforts more difficult and void of the depth Inquisition has to offer. An easy recommendation for anyone that enjoys RPGs and has been yearning for something to fill that Elder Scrolls-shaped hole in the heart.… Expand
Feb 8, 2015Wonderfully made and surprisingly expansive. The ending of the story felt a little cliche, however overall the story was memorable. They wonWonderfully made and surprisingly expansive. The ending of the story felt a little cliche, however overall the story was memorable. They won me back after their failure with Dragon Age II.… Expand
Dec 5, 2014This is a glorified MMO, save your money, get it when it's 20 bucks
Combat is terrible, enemies completed covered in special effects, youThis is a glorified MMO, save your money, get it when it's 20 bucks
Combat is terrible, enemies completed covered in special effects, you can't even see what you are fighting
The big open areas that bioware is so proud of are very boring...no villages to discover not even people for that matter
All these 10's and angry joe gave it a 9, who is paying off who
Save your money, a few of the story elements are clever, well worth 20 bucks, but 60 no way
I am a big dragon age fan, but at least i'm honest this game is a 5 or 6 out of ten.
Bioware could put crap in a box and the bioware forum people would give it a 10, so don't believe the hype… Expand
Jan 17, 2015I bought it, played it for an hour, sold it back. The combat system is awful, like overly complicated and not fun. and the cut scenes areI bought it, played it for an hour, sold it back. The combat system is awful, like overly complicated and not fun. and the cut scenes are unrealistic. Characters look like mannequins talking. Controlling a party of random characters instead of just the character you created feels... impersonal.
Don't buy this if you think it will be like a next gen Skyrim. It isn't.… Expand