- Summary: Draft and lead a group of characters into rugged battles against a diversity of enemies – from earth-shattering High Dragons to demonic forces from the otherworld of the Fade. Go hand to hand in visceral, heroic combat as your followers fight by your side, or switch to tactical view toDraft and lead a group of characters into rugged battles against a diversity of enemies – from earth-shattering High Dragons to demonic forces from the otherworld of the Fade. Go hand to hand in visceral, heroic combat as your followers fight by your side, or switch to tactical view to coordinate murderous offensives using the combined might of your party. See the tangible, visible results of your journey through a living world – raise structures, customize outposts, and change the landscape itself as environments are re-shaped in the wake of your Inquisition. Lead a party chosen from nine unique, fully-formed characters – each of whom react to your actions and choices differently, forming complex relationships both with you and with each other. Create your own character from multiple races, customize their appearance, and select their powers and abilities as the game progresses. Extensive customization options allow you to choose everything from the color of your follower’s boots to the features of your Inquisition stronghold. Become an agent of change in a time of uncertainty and upheaval. Shape the course of empires, bring war or peace to factions in conflict, and drive the ultimate fate of the Inquisition. Will you stop the cataclysmic anarchy gripping the Dragon Age? [Electronic Arts]… Expand
Nov 16, 2014There’s no hyperbole when I say that Dragon Age: Inquisition is the best RPG I’ve played in a long time. Hell, it’s the best game of any genre I’ve played in a long time. It’s a shoo-in for Game of the Year in my books, a masterclass in game design that deserves a spot in everyone’s game library.
Nov 11, 2014Dragon Age Inquisition has raised the bar for storytelling. It’s the sort of game you think you have figured out after a few hours, but time and time again it’ll surprise you. With a rebuilt combat system, an open and inviting world, 150 hours of content, and a warm and familiar storytelling system, Dragon Age Inquisition is the best RPG I’ve played in a decade.
Nov 11, 2014Great story, beautiful and complex semi-open world. An insane amount of content and fun mechanics. That Dragon Age: Inquisition is great looking and with an added bonus of co-op does not hurt either.
Nov 17, 2014Dragon Age: Inquisition is one of those rare games where its flaws sound severe on paper, but often melt away when you’re actually playing. We can’t remember the last time we’ve been so thoroughly absorbed by a virtual place or so attached to a cast of characters. In that sense, Dragon Age: Inquisition is a flawed journey, but it’s one that we eagerly want to return to.
Dec 18, 2014It might not be the greatest example of the current generation’s power, nor is it an exercise in reinvention and uniqueness – but when you’ve sunk 50 hours into Inquisition and hardly realised, and you still want to play it for another 50 hours, then you know you’re onto something good. This time the fans get what they want – and apparently what they wanted was very good indeed.
Nov 11, 2014In trying to be all things to all people, Dragon Age: Inquisition lacks the impact that it might otherwise have had if BioWare had imbued it with the same sense of purpose that its predecessors carried....Inquisition, on the other hand, offers an embarrassment of things to do but sometimes forgets to provide the motivation to do them.
Jun 17, 2015A superb game with a great cast of characters, Dragon Age Inquisition offers a fascinating world to explore with deep lore. The game offers aA superb game with a great cast of characters, Dragon Age Inquisition offers a fascinating world to explore with deep lore. The game offers a great deal of content to explore, some of which can be almost overwhelming if you try to do it all, but that's what subsequent play throughs are for!… Expand
Dec 6, 2014I've played around 40 hours of DA: Inquisition and I'm really enjoying the game. The plot is interesting, exploring is fun, and the combatI've played around 40 hours of DA: Inquisition and I'm really enjoying the game. The plot is interesting, exploring is fun, and the combat can be challenging. They did a good job bringing crafting back into the Dragon Age franchise with Inquisition because crafting was severely lacking in DA2. While I've run into a few issues with the character models I can't complain much because they're a lot better than DA:O and DA:2.
I view this game as blending the best of Skyrim with the best of Dragon Age: Origins. You have large, open zones to wander through and explore which is a huge improvement over Dragon Age 2. At the same time, you have a group of interesting companions that banter back and forth while you're exploring. I never cared for my companion in Skyrim and I feel like BioWare was able to capture the adventure of a large, unexplored world while adding in companions that are interesting and I care about.
My only complaint is that they've mixed junk items in with useful items on the Valuables tab. This makes it difficult to tell which items you can safely sell as vendor trash and which items could be used for requisitions later.… Expand
Nov 18, 2014* Amazing atmosphere, I haven't felt this giddy walking around and exploring since Skyrim... it's more polished though, with only the odd* Amazing atmosphere, I haven't felt this giddy walking around and exploring since Skyrim... it's more polished though, with only the odd graphical oddity.
* Origins level, if not better, writing.
* Controller+PC = The most fun way to play. The UI for KB+M is lovely, but the movement is much, much better on controller..... they very much tailored EVERYTHING to work better on the gamepad (which is odd for PC).. this may irk some (but delights others like me to no end).
* Use Mantle if you are AMD GPU - I got a based god 10fps bump and everything just seems to look and run better when using the Mantle API.
* Install on a SSD for sure, load times are next to none.. just long enough to read 1-2 of the cards then you're into the game.
* Cut-scenes were a bit stuttery as well, until I used Mantle.. AMD cards and DX11 in this game don't like each other as much.
* The best music I have ever heard in a game, and I'm only 10 hours in.. it's just...... spectacular.
* The Storytelling, so far, is amazing... only bested by the superb atmosphere and character interactions.
* GOTY shoe in from what I've played.. it's the Dragon Age game you have been waiting for since finishing Origins, believe the hype.… Expand
Feb 11, 2015One of the first games to truly feel "next gen" this title reminded me that there are still good devs who listen to their communities. A vastOne of the first games to truly feel "next gen" this title reminded me that there are still good devs who listen to their communities. A vast improvement over DA 2, this is a good blend of content for both hardcore and casual players. Everyone can enjoy this game. Environments are beautiful, and vary in any way you can imagine. Combat has been more streamlined, and feels less clunky and is overall more enjoyable.
The only complaint I have is the usual sandbox game; too much go and play fetch. It could have been replaced with more random caves/dungeons/etc... that would have made this game perfect. But we'll see how all the free DLC adds to the game.… Expand
Feb 5, 2015This game is pretty great. It's a nitty gritty RPG for true RPGers. If you're not a fan of the RPG style game, don't even bother. It'sThis game is pretty great. It's a nitty gritty RPG for true RPGers. If you're not a fan of the RPG style game, don't even bother. It's massive, it's epic, and it will consume all your free time if you let it. Very fun, Very engaging, gets a little repetitive (as do all rpgs... i mean there's only so many different types of quests you can do: kill this, retrieve that, go here, find that etc...)… Expand
Dec 5, 2014This is a glorified MMO, save your money, get it when it's 20 bucks
Combat is terrible, enemies completed covered in special effects, youThis is a glorified MMO, save your money, get it when it's 20 bucks
Combat is terrible, enemies completed covered in special effects, you can't even see what you are fighting
The big open areas that bioware is so proud of are very boring...no villages to discover not even people for that matter
All these 10's and angry joe gave it a 9, who is paying off who
Save your money, a few of the story elements are clever, well worth 20 bucks, but 60 no way
I am a big dragon age fan, but at least i'm honest this game is a 5 or 6 out of ten.
Bioware could put crap in a box and the bioware forum people would give it a 10, so don't believe the hype… Expand
Jan 28, 2015I dont know what game the people/liers creating reveiws are playing but it isnt Dragon Age: Inquisition. I set out looking for an RPG thatI dont know what game the people/liers creating reveiws are playing but it isnt Dragon Age: Inquisition. I set out looking for an RPG that could match Skyrim and alls I ended up purchasing was disappointment. One reviewer said its like Skyrim, let me be clear, it absolutely isn't. I hate this game. From its storyline to its cinematics. From its game play to its characters. Its suppose to be open world but make you feel directed. I dont know what upsets me more, the fact that i bought this game online or the fact that most of the other reviews on this page are completely miss leading. I only created this account to say my peace. I am truly disappointed.… Expand