5.8

1. Nov 25, 2013
    I've been buying FIFA since '98 and playing with my pals locally. To drop the tournament mode is a clear signal that EA does not care about their fans--many of whom have made this mode a centerpiece of camaraderie and competition with friends. But I'm not surprised...EA is, by most accounts, a terrible company.

But what is SHOCKING is that my friend an I cannot play COOP seasons
    locally---even if both of us have copies of the game and Live Gold accounts. No, in order for us to play COOP we need to be in separate locations. So effectively EA has made a game that is impossible for friends to play in the same room with each other--DESPITE THE FACT THAT THIS IS THE PROFOUND STREGTH OF SOCCER VIDEO GAMES (no split-screen needed).

What makes me laugh (bitterly) is that this is only going to negatively impact sales of the WC game and FIFA 15--I'm looking forward to making the switch next year to Pro-Evo--or maybe some other type of game that allows my friends and I to have fun together.
  2. Nov 23, 2013
    It's FIFA. Again. You've played it before. If you like FIFA games, you'll like FIFA 14. If you dislike FIFA games, you'll dislike FIFA 14.

I only wish I could have had a different game given to me at launch or money off the cost of the Xbox, I do not care for this game.
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    Very disappointing to find the is no tournament mode anymore. It was a fundamental feature on football games for years and the mode I used most. Playing constant friendlies feels pointless. A game ruining decision by EA for me.
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    Terrible game. The same as the last, what is it? 20 fifa games? THEY'RE ALL THE **** SAME! All EA do is update the graphics, and if people moved to other teams, switch them around, then add new physics or whatever, and like 1 gamemode and act like they care about the fans. THIS GAME IS ASS. JUST BUY ONE FIFA THEY'RE ALL THE SAME.
  5. Dec 12, 2013
    EA continue to make terrible FIFA games, with 14 being the worst. There is nothing good about this game. Yet again EA refused to listen to what fans wanted and put out another piece of crap
  6. Nov 27, 2013
    Anyone who tells you that this game is too similar to the XBOX360 version are either lying, haven't played both versions or do not understand the concept of football. The gameplay flows an awful lot more in the XBOX One version. You score some sweet goals, build up play is excellent and the graphics are superb. Of course there are bad points but nothing major. Players not making forward runs when they should be, goalkeepers standing motionless when certain types of goals are scored, that sort of thing...no biggie though!

Tell you something I don't feel like hopping my controller off the wall when I lose a game on the XBOX One version, like I wanted to do several times on the XBOX 360 version.

Overall well rounded, finally feels finished. 9/10
  7. Dec 20, 2013
    Very disappointing to see how far backwards FIFA 14 has gone from FIFA 13. The game play feels clunky, the players movement is awkward and messy. In online gameplay you never feel that genuinely playing better will win you the game as all it takes to score is a simple chip through ball (LB Y) and your through on goal. Headers from crosses and corners are far too successful at getting cheap goals despite there being little a player can do to defend against them. Lots of bugs including issues getting an online game for example the error "Your online squad does not match that of your opponent". Overall I have to say this is one of the worst FIFA's I have played...EA take a bow Expand
  8. Dec 20, 2013
    Time to ignore any positives, The development team have had enough of those. Mainly coming from major game sites, who managed to ignore the negatives that were so obvious. By removing features that should be fundamental, EA and the development team have shown money is the true driving force. They want people to play ultimate team, be online, which is fine it's an option yet even that part is so broken. If people want to play offline tournaments, they should always have that option. If they want to play offline period, they should always have the option. The online play is broken, unbalanced, scripted in the same way as the single player.The explanation for missing features was insulting, and worrying for the future of the game. As is the lack of a response from the development team in addressing the negatives that year upon year, remain the same. They always say check out facebook, twitter, for feedback. That data should tell them something that is accurate data, instead of the excuse data to remove tournament mode, which many people play offline. Expand
  9. Dec 21, 2013
    For years now EA have been charging £40 for you to basically pay for updated squads, and this year is no different. I had the game free with my Xbone, and it drives me crazy, I want to kick my cat.
    The games slow and clunky, it feels like there's a momentary delay between pressing pass, shoot, or skill buttons and the outcome. It just feels awkward, and doesn't play well.

I sincerely
    hate this game, and if I had it on disk, and not download I'd launch it out of the window. Expand
  10. Dec 29, 2013
    I'm a huge FIFA fan and I always thought I would always buy FIFA games but after FIFA 14, I'm not so sure. The 2 points I have gave this game are for the graphics and the fact that the fans look and sound incredible. It gives the atmosphere of a real football match. But, it plays nothing like a real football game. EVERY goal I concede is a flipping header. Why aren't headers like they were in older games. The FIFA games honestly get worse every year. Another thing, isn't pace supposed to not matter in this game? That is real rubbish, try playing with a 30 pace player and you'll know what I mean.

The menus are very well presented but could be very confusing for new players who don't know all the game modes and options. The new career mode is a good idea but poorly executed. Why can't we know the overall of a player after we scout them for nearly a month?

Overall I gave this game a 3, only because of graphics and some small signs of innovation. But I'm looking forward to get Pro-Evo 15 and maybe getting FIFA 16 again and seeing if they have fixed it. But at the rate FIFA is declining, it doesn't seem likely.
  11. Feb 22, 2014
    Starts out well enough... Then after a season or 2 you begin to notice how the game is handicapping you. Leading to hours of the worst kind of frustration.
    Not fair. If I'm good enough I should be allowed to win... Not lose by constant acts of EA's god.
  12. Nov 21, 2013
    I'm an MLS fan, and at that really just a Sounders FC supporter. But I love World Cup and enjoy the sport more than some. That being said, my only experience with soccer games came from FIFA 12, in which I really only spent a small number of hours playing before moving on to other games in my collection. So my time in soccer games on consoles is extremely limited. Yet, with FIFA 14, there's more for me to experience and get in to than before. I love the online experience and the Franchise Mode may actually get me investing more time over the next several months. It's still early on to really adequately rate all aspects of the game, but coming from a person that usually plays the games that stab or shoot or cast a spell, FIFA 14 was remarkably good. However I wonder what the recurring players from previous iterations of this game will take this all in. Still, there's some exclusive content to Xbox that other consoles won't ever see, and that makes FIFA 14 a must buy on Xbox One (if you're debating on which console to purchase it for). Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2013
    I dont mind it, there graphics are there and its fun to play with the kids. On a new console there is always room for improvement and newer versions will be better.
  14. Dec 2, 2013
    I smell a rat on some of the user ratings here, the really negative ratings have one review and the comments dont ring true. I've played fifa for the past four years, having moved away from pro evo, this is a significant upgrade in game play. The tackling system has been improved, the AI has been completely revamped, its not perfect but its shows good progression.
  15. Dec 4, 2013
    At the beginning I felt it like a strange and horrible game, but after playing it in the Xbox One, and getting use to the new improvements I found it so natural, and as always the soundtrack, the graphics and the enviorment are key on this experience that felt so real.
  16. Dec 12, 2013
    Another excellent edition of FIFA. Easily the best launch game for the Xbox One. The fact that it was given free with a lot of consoles means that even with a low install base there's plenty of online play.

It doesn't seem to play massively different from the PS3 version, although load time are lots faster, the graphics look better and the use of voice commands is a fun and time saving tool.
  17. Dec 20, 2013
    I have never played a FIFA game in my life until FIFA 14 on the Xbox One. The game came with my console so I thought I would give it a try. Initially I noticed how polished the presentation of the game was and upon browsing the menu's I found it quite intimidating.

I decided just to jump straight in to a quick match just get the feeling for the game. I was blown away by the accuracy and
    flow of the commentary and the overall realism and straight from the get go I was passing the ball around the field like a pro. This initial taster got me hooked so I started the season/league mode and didnt look back. I am thoroughly enjoying FIFA 14 and I am not even what you would call a football fan.

Playing the game online is also great fun, the opponent matching seems to work very well and all of the matches I have played have been lag free and very close battles.

The game is very deep and I look forward to digging in to it even deeper, thoroughly recommended.
  18. Dec 29, 2013
    These are some ideas I have for Fifa 15. • realistic transfers. • Create program: Design and change own club/international kits every year in career mode. Before the league starts, have options to, 1- keep same kit or 2- change kit/Design kit. • Increase retirement age to 35-40years old. • Player’s kits get dirty and slipping on wet and muddy fields sometimes. • Allow to switch to onside players when receiving player is offside. Offside player leaves the ball for the onside player if onside player is close as well.
    • AI, whilst running with the ball close to own teammates, they must move away from the player with the ball, NOT take control of the ball.
    • Nelson Mandela Bay stadium in Port Elizabeth SA, Soccer City stadium in Johannesburg SA and Cape Town stadium in Cape town SA.
    • Training for offline Pro career OR skill games (both improve player ability).
    • Cards for deliberate handballs.
    • Combine the GTN with the normal way of scouting youth squad players.
    • A fan randomly running on to the field to hug a player he likes. Game play must stop and then give the option to give the fan the t-shirt (DO NOT BRING UP ANY MENUS), then player automatically runs to the sidelines to receive a new t-shirt from a staff member, once player is back in position, game play can continue with a drop-ball.
    • Dynamic weather including wind direction and speed.( This must affect the balls in the air). Wind sound and when it rains, thunder, rain falling must be heard.
    • A way to use the money player earns (Career Pro) on boots, shin guards, tattoos, GK gloves or even attributes (+1, +2 etc.). Have the players earn a reasonable amount of money to purchase these things, DO NOT MAKE IT REALISTIC! Just create a balance in what can be bought and the amount of money players earn. E.g., if a pair of customised boots costs $400, £248 OR €300 so the player would earn a salary of $5000, €3750 OR £3100. This means the player can’t buy all the boots etc at one time and also, the items are only for sale once unlocked.
    • Controlling the career Pro during the match. Add the options to change kick taker for corners, penalties and set pieces. Also to change which foot to use.
    • Celebrate with manager. Goal celebration where players take off shirts and get a yellow card.
    • Full screen replay theatre.
    • Have a champion’s cup for South America and Africa.
    • Edit pro by changing position to complete all accomplishments.
    • Player records unlimited.
    • When signing a youth player, be able to assign and edit any position to that player.
    • Crowds cheering based on importance of the goal. Eg, normal goal: LOUD goal after opponent scores: LOUDER match winner/90’ goal: LOUDEST
    • Create a team, team logo, shirt badge, squad kit, choose which league to play in.
    • Be able to transfer replays from replay theatre to usb.
    • Make the “Office” a room you enter, the sub headings under office can be at different places inside the office that you walk up to, to interact with.
    • Call upon players from the B team. Choose B team players to promote to the 1st team.
    • Buy, refurbish stadiums.
    • Intelligent referees.
  19. Dec 30, 2013
    Terrible game, very shallow and void of any skill requirement. The inherent scripting makes it largely a random outcome, either it's for you or against you. True footy fans will not like this but it might work for the casual gamer/ those that have never seen a game of footy before.
  20. Jan 8, 2014
    I literally spent $600 because I love playing Fifa. I was so sad with the fact that this game although superior graphically is practically identical in gameplay to its Xbox 360 counterpart. Which wouldn't be a major problem if it wasn't for the fact that HEADERS and LOB PASSES are grossly over powered. And EA has done absolutely nothing to fix this. They promised a fix for this when the game was first released. They have since released several patches. One of them was aimed at fixing this problem. It however failed and no further attempt has been made. Online play has now been watered down to who can score the most headers and connect on the most through balls. Literally 75% of goals scored in FUT are either a header or a lob pass. I actually counter. Yes I love the game that much. I really had a lot of hope for it. I was severely dissapointed.

It is time for someone else to have a shot at SOCCER, EA are clearly not the company to run the flagship. PES is not really a solution either they have their own problems. It is time for someone else to step into the game.

This review is more of an outcry for change then a call for people not to buy the product. Fifa is a great game it just needs some simple fixes which EA stubbornly refuses to make.
  21. Jan 19, 2014
    Aside from the fact that EA has not added much to the same old engine underneath this game, it is still missing some key national teams and domestic leagues. Some of them are the Argentinian, Chinese, Colombian, Cyprus, Czech, Romanian, Serbian, Turkish and Ukrainian Leagues!

If the title of this game is to be FIFA, EA should show more progress towards representing the 209 national
    associations in it. Expand
  22. Jan 20, 2014
    Great game, great mechanics, the physics are much more real. We have fifa every friday night and a bunch of us get together to show our skills and this game is the best yet. Only sad part was its not quite next gen graphics yet, understandable as theres too many players to redo in higher def in one year, and my favorite back heel kick flip doesnt work as well as it should for super sweet goals, but other than that great game. Expand
  23. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is **** **** Don't buy it its a waste of **** money. It's worth nothing. Trust me, don't buy it... It will **** get you pissed off with all the fails it makes you do. By far the worst game I have ever played... I'm selling mine. ****
  24. Jan 28, 2014
    This game is **** painted to look like chocolate pudding. To start with the game was shown to have tons of new features, there is none it plays like every Fifa game you've played after 2006, the one big addition is the X1 controller which at least makes it comfortable to play. the game adds nothing new and yet somehow take features away from previous versions of Fifa and making some features worse than they were in previous years, for example the career mode is lacking a 'player manager' mode for whatever reason and that is just the start of the problems for career mode, players that you want to purchase don't have a single defined score of how good they are and instead the game shows the players age, why is this a thing? This feature, the feature that kept a barely football fan playing a football game, now appears to be exclusive for the football fans who know who each player is and how good they are.
    The one difference between this and the last gen version is that it looks a lot nicer, that's it, which does not warrant purchase of the more expensive version on the 8th generation of consoles. Having played around with the game on every platform it is available they all seem to have smaller minor problems that the other lacks but perhaps the most annoying persistent problem with Fifa 14 on Xbox One is that the frame rate has constant drops to what appears to be 20 or below frames per second.
  25. Feb 7, 2014
    Fifa 14 is a horrible game online and its mainly why i buy the game. I've never seen so many bad players beat good players before!

Every game has lag, like why is Fifa 1 being one of biggest games in the world, still using player hosting? EA Fifa 14 needs dedicated servers. If it had them, the game might be somewhat more playable online.

The people who reviewed this game are a joke
    if they think it ranks higher than a 70 Expand
  26. Feb 13, 2014
    Sucks assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  27. Feb 17, 2014
    Fifa 14 é disparado o melhor jogo de Xbox ONe! Ele tem gráficos excelentes, jogabilidade muito fiel e está muito agradável de se jogar. Só tenho elogios para esse jogo.
  28. Feb 27, 2014
    It is a amazing game. It's the best game ever. I love the Fifa Ultimate Team mode. The version for xbox one is espetacular! Graphics from another world, worth every buck. A real next gen game. I'm really excited with this game. There is just one tiny problem, I can't stop to play it, and there are a lot of good games to play, as well.
  29. Feb 27, 2014
    Such a POS game. The gameplay is downright awful. Definitely not worth the money. They've spent way too much effort on skill moves and F'd up the most basic of things like receiving a pass from a teammate. The graphics are pretty impressive, if you play in certain camera modes, otherwise they look identical to X360. Overall the lack of fluidity in the gameplay drastically outweighs the graphics and makes this game near unplayable. Expand
  30. Mar 31, 2014
    Do not buy this game. Here are some major issues:
    1. Sometimes the game will not load your team choices. It will load with players who may have since been traded.
    2. The button for "skip replay" is the same button for "pass the ball to the other team." You may be pressing the 'a' button to skip a replay, but because of the sluggishness of Fifa, you end up accidentally passing the ball to
    the other team, which results in a goal.
    3. There is some general laziness in the programming which I could fix with 3 lines of code. EA sports is clearly getting fat off of their monopoly of the FIFA brand name.
    4. Weather has a horrible effect on the gameplay. A little rain in real life does not ruin players' first touch like it does in FIFA. Also, the game slows down when it rains, which I wouldn't expect on a next-gen console, but it happens.
    5. Real Madrid are vastly overpowered, which is why 95% of people play as them.
    6. Defenders don't react to balls played over the top. They often stand still, watching the person who just kicked the ball for a second, just long enough for the forward to run in behind your static defensive line.
    7. Prepare to get frustrated with the slow reactions of all your players. The ball will be rolling by them, but they keep running because of laziness of the game developers with the pathing of the players.
    8. I'll sum up 6 and 7 just by saying the A.I. in this game is really dumb.
    9. The internet connections of 75% of FIFA gamers are terribly slow and laggy. Probably because soccer is mostly enjoyed in third world nations like Brazil which is clearly still on 56k modems.
    10. Number 9 could be solved by creating more parameters for matchmaking, such as, "search only in my country" or "in my area" or something.
    11. Because EA took out the 5 minute grace period at the beginning of the game in which you could quit if the other opponent had a slow connection and not be penalized with a loss, you must now play a laggy game and try to win, or just quit and take a loss because the other person's connection was unplayable.
    12. The game often has frame-rate problems at crucial moments, such as when the opponent is about to shoot at your goal and you want to block it. The game slows down, gets choppy, and the other team probably scores because of it.

I could continue. I could write an entire dissertation about why this game is bad and I will not buy another FIFA game. I feel like I'm wasting my life when I play FIFA even though I don't feel that way when I play other videogames. It's just because FIFA is so poorly constructed and frustrating that the anger builds inside me at the laziness and incompetence of the E.A. programmers in England who make this game. Please boycott FIFA games, they are just capitalizing on the brand name to sell a sub-standard product.
  31. Apr 24, 2014
    This game is bad in every way possible. The amount of bugs I've seen on the Xbox One version is extraordinary. Some of these bugs are even game breaking bugs! Like, for instance, sometimes when a player from the opposing team tackles one of my players, he skids to the other half of the pitch! Since this game has been out for 3 months + you'd expect that these bugs would be fixed. But then again the game is made by EA who don't care about their games, they only care about money.
    Come on EA, maybe you can get the 'Worst company in America award' for the 3rd year running! I know I'll be voting for you!
  32. Jun 20, 2014
    Never before have I been so disappointed in a FIFA game..... I am amazed and shocked at the blatant disregard for flaws that critics have missed. It just goes to show,
    MONEY SPEAKS LOUDER THAN GAMEPLAY.
    **** YOU YOU PHONEY CRITIC PUPPETS
  33. Nov 24, 2013
    Good game and and great start to next gen FIFA (compared to the start to the xbox 360 with FIFA 06 which was dreadful). not to different to current gen but if you know your fifa you will notice a difference with ai behaviour etc.
  34. Nov 25, 2013
    Fifa 14 on the next gen system is hard to explain, it feels like the same game, yet somehow totally different. What I mean by this is the basic mechanics from the 360 are the same, but everything is more polished, it feels more smooth and less clunky. The graphics are a huge improvement and the menus are no longer slow (was hugely frustrating on 360). Ultimately if you are a fifa fan and own an xbox one, get it. Some people giving it negative reviews because tournament mode is gone, honestly I couldn't care less, i'd take the improved gameplay over that any day. Expand
  35. Nov 27, 2013
    I was so disappointed with FIFA 14 on xbox360, but on xbox one it is amazingly and unxplainably different. It just feels so much better in every way. I ended up getting it free with the day one xbox one and im so glad I did since I would never of bought it and been able to experience the difference. Would recommend everyone who had given up on it, like myself, to give it another chance on xbox one. Expand
  36. Jan 7, 2014
    An ridiculous attempt to enhance Justin Bieber's image, who thinks he is being "bullied" by the media after hundreds of scandals. Seriously the kid has less self-control than Mel Gibson. These types of movies shouldn't be supported by anyone.
  37. Jan 7, 2014
    I'll be honest, this review may come with some bias because I enjoy it a lot, so be warned.

I don't understand why FIFA 14 gets so much hate. I know EA took out tournament mode on next-gen, but as a comparison, have you seen what 2K has done to NBA 2K14? They took literally all the offline modes out of the game, minus exhibition games. Taking out the tournament seems pretty small by
    comparison.

Now to the actual gameplay. I think it's a small step back from FIFA 13. The player movement is a little clunky, but now there's a little more of a difference between jogging and sprinting. It's also nearly impossible to handle the ball, and the game always thinks I'm trying to pass through 3 defenders when I really want to pass to my open teammate who's 10 feet away. Other than these problems, the game is very good.
  38. Jan 23, 2014
    There is a clear graphical evolution of FIFA 14's new generation compared to the former, the game play is still amazing, but the career mode still leaves something to be desired and with the new generation gets that feeling of i want more, I hope that EA think about it and take action to sequence of this title.
  39. Mar 11, 2014
    FIFA is great. Improving every year except the game mode I play the most which is Be a pro online clubs.

Ofcourse they will improve most on FUT which brings in a lot of extra cash for them, thats ok, people who can afford it pay people who dont also can have a good time with FUT.
    Please do this to BE A PRO ONLINE too, i will gladly pay $100 extra for more added value and development
    around it, make it "standalone" like FUT!
    Still high hopes for FIFA15 ;)
  40. Mar 12, 2014
    Well first off this is the only football game available on Xbox One so that should make a purchasing decision pretty easy for some. Its a pretty awesome game in my opinion. The gameplay is smooth and responsive and the graphics are an upgrade from the 360 version. New camera angles were slightly awkward initially but after some getting used to they become an asset. I like how different grounds "feel" different. Some camera angles are steeper or closer to the pitch. In ways this makes your choice of a home ground in UT somewhat of a tactical decision too. I think its a great first effort on XBOX ONE for the series and if this early release sets the standard for future next gen FIFA games we should be in for some treats. There are flaws. The dependability of the online servers would recieve an "F" grade. I would like to see more tactical options and formations available in future releases. I'm limited to UT and Seasons mode so I cant comment on Career and the other stuff but this game has kept me entertained since I got it in December. Its now March and I still love it. Highly reccomend. Expand
  41. Mar 29, 2014
    One of the better sport franchises along with the NHL series, FIFA 14 is a great game on the X1. Looks great, plays very well and is also very fun to play. However there is a lack of some modes that I think would benefit it more by having them on here. Overall I very much like FIFA 14. Go TFC Go!
  42. Apr 2, 2014
    Every year fifa gets worse, manager mode lacks any reward, game play is getting more unrealistic, no handball online?. EA don't care anymore its just about the MONEY! Bring back Fifa 03 that was the best
  43. Apr 4, 2014
    Fun for the first 5-10 hours, but after a while you notice how the game dictates the game for you. Passing going astray, messing up easy dribbles whilst the opposition is playing like Barcelona. this especially happens around the 45/90 minute and when you only 1 goal ahead. The game wants the other team to get back into the game. Cheaper teams on UT perform better than teams that have expensive and should be good cards which is pathetic. Career mode becomes stale quickly and is not fun to sign players due to their new scouting system which takes forever just to the see the stats of one player. Ultimate Team is a joke, the market where you buy players has been broken since launch and has not fixed yet... ("EA already have your money so which should they fix?" is my opinion). Even players have wrong names which is so poor based on a game around players. Playing online you face the same teams over and over again, and if you yourself don't play with this team then you will probably get frustrated and lose the majority of your games.

There are just so many broken aspects of this game that EA have not addressed for the 6-7 months that it has been out (considering its an annual release), its frustrating to play online unless you playing over the top through balls/crossing monotonously, and it just doesn't have the fun and excitement that a sports game (or any game) should have. You should be cheering when you score or goal or win a game, but with this game there is no feeling just frustration.

I have played every FIFA game to date on various platforms but this one on Xbox one is the worst BY FAR. The only reason I still play this game is because I am a football fan and its the only real football game out there with real licenses for teams/players.
  44. May 8, 2014
    This game is broken. It's that simple. Let me explain a little. Overpowered heading / scripting in matches. Poor implementation of player stamina (All the people who use high aggression and pressing exploit, which has completely ruined the game) Settings files and custom tactics not saving, and getting wiped constantly. Server downtime / disconnects resulting in needless losses.

Remember last year's game where you had to pay £8 to be able to play on EA's servers despite already paying for Xbox Live? Yea well this year they removed that fee, but look at the state of service.

And don't even get me started on Ultimate Team. It's more like a path to gambling addiction at a young age. Those poor parents who unwittingly have credit card details on their accounts.

The irony of it all?... I'll probably buy the game next year like a fool...
  45. May 21, 2014
    I played a lot on 360 and then moved to One. It is a whole change of feeling. However, I really do not like the changes.
    Yes, the graphics is better. But that is it. The defense system is a disaster especially if you are using legacy defense. Some easy defending on 360 become mission impossible on One, as your defender could never challenge the attacker at the right time.
    And they
    removed Live Season mode.
    I am so disappointed. I think I will resell my One Fifa 14 and just continue with my 360.
  46. May 27, 2014
    This is the gaming franchise (along with other EA Sports games and CoD) which makes us wonder, Why didn't E.T just murder the gaming industry? This is the same every year, different teams, players and others, graphics change? yes, gameplay change? Nope, there is always the same thing to do in FIFA 14 as every other FIFA game, kick a ball around, why does this franchise still exist? the reason is that people keep buying it for £40, £40! For the same game every year, even though this introduced FIFA Legends which is a nice asset to add, it doesn't really show what it does, you could play as the worst player ever and become better than Pele, not only is this the same game we saw since 1996 with 3D, but even worse. Expand
  47. Jun 8, 2014
    eu acho que os desenvolvedores devem ter se esforçado muito para fazer esse jogo tão ruim. tem certas coisas que acontecem que devem ter sido programadas arduamente para ficaram do jeito que estão. tipo o fato de que todo lançamento em direção a área um deus nos acuda. 70 % das vezes os zagueiros batem cabeça e acaba sobrando para o atacante. cruzamento é meio gol. se for para o benzema, torres ou outro bom cabeceador é 80% gol. eu não sei como pode a EA ter saido de um jogo relativamente bom que era o Fifa 13 e chegado nesta porcaria que se tornou o Fifa 14. Não imagino como isso pode ter sido possível. De todos os jogos que já joguei esse é de longe o que mais me faz passar raiva. Não da para se divertir jogando este jogo, se você joga online vai parar de jogar quando estiver vermelho de raiva. Seu controle e sua tv correm serios riscos, pois por vezes acontecem coisas no game que deixa você com vontade de lançar o controle em cima da TV. Você só não faz isso porque na hora voce lembra de rogar uma praga para o desenvolvedor da EA que fez essa porcaria. Ai fica tudo certo você imaginando o que aqui se faz, aqui se paga, e tem a esperança que a raiva acumulada de todos os jogadores que sofrem esse jogo um dia vai voltar para cada programador que ajudou a conceber esse pedaço de lixo virtual chamado Fifa 14. Eu não vejo a hora do pessoal da konami fazer um PES decente (sendo que daquele lado só tem saído lixo também) que um dia volte a ser o melhor jogo de futebol e enterre essa porcaria de Fifa e a EA de vez. Expand
  48. Jun 16, 2014
    This game looks good and plays great, basically mastering soccer in video games. Still, the gameplay is hardly engaging as goals don't really get mixed up that often and nail-biters are a rarity. Basically, it's just like real soccer. So, if you are a huge soccer fan, buy this game. If you are just a normal video game player whop has read the favorable reviews, I wouldn't highly recommend it. I personally enjoyed it for a while, then simply played it to justify my $60 investment. Expand
  49. Jun 29, 2014
    “If you are a fan of FIFA games you tend to be quite philosophical, because they tend to build you up then let you down.” FIFA should be a benchmark-setting soccer game with great gameplay and years of thoughtful development & refinement. Currently, it is a husk of latent unfulfilled potential, and is a treated as a blatant cash cow for a lumbering shambles of a company. They also treat their customers with disgrace. If you go to EA Sports forums, they have “vent” treads and any criticism you voice about the game is considered heresy pending a banned account and confinement in the Tower of London. What EA Sports had achieved in the past 10 years would have been easily surpassed by any another studio with more ambition and commitment like Bethesda. When buying a Fifa-EA product, I find myself paying through the nose for their monopoly on licensing & copyright rather than for entertainment. They drip feed 1 or 2 untested “improvements” per year, most of which undermine smooth and consistent gameplay; their flagship features such as randomness, first touch passing and UFC style tackle/collision systems have totally lost the plot. This would be fine if it had been done correctly, but there is no consistency to the implementation here. The game lacks refinement and adding “randomness” to already poor gameplay makes for an extremely frustrating experience. The whole result seems like a rip-off of Madden or UFC. These professional “critical” reviews seem to glorify each FIFA game in isolation of the 10 previous iterations before it, marketing each release as some sort of ground breaking & innovative affair; when in fact there is much less to like. According to EA, “It doesn't matter if you call it soccer or football, in the end all you need to know is that FIFA is the only way to play” or so they hope! More work is done by EA Sports in each iteration of FIFA by patches & fixes, than the original game itself. IMHO the lack of innovation, absence of improvement and dreadful gameplay does not marry well with the high asking price. Expand
  50. Jun 27, 2014
    This is a game that could be much better if not for a few problems that can be so frustrating that you have to turn the game off and play something else. Picture this, the computer player with the ball is coming down the field. You wait for the prefect moment to tackle, kick the ball away and as you run by the players collide. Foul on you, I know you got the ball, that doesn't matter. Same situation reversed and still you get the foul. It is extremely hard to even bait the computer into making a bad tackle and when you do it often isn't called or no card is given. What they get away with in the penalty area is infuriating.
    Now that rant is over so I'll move onto the controls. They are pretty good for the most part. You can really tell the difference when controlling better players. I really like that the ball never feels stuck to a player. However i find it difficult to jostle for position for headers and balls in the air. I either don't move at all or i move way to much. Also you often get stuck in animations that you can't pull out of. I thought we were past this point in games but apparently not.
    I think the game could be better with just a few tweaks to how fouls are called and no locked in animations.
  51. Jul 28, 2014
    Basically, Fifa 14 Ultimate Team is a pay-to-win mode. It's ridiculous when you see someone that worked really hard to buy some good players, playing against someone that spent a lot of money. Today i was playing in fourth division with a guy that had all cards with the price above 2 MILLIONS OF IN-GAME COINS. My rating of the game is two because of the advance in graphics and because of the past Fifa's. Expand
  52. Aug 8, 2014
    FIFA 14 is by no means a reinvention of the soccer simulator but the slight tweaks that have been done make this game a must buy for those seeking a next gen experience. The game modes that you know and love are back from the highly addictive Ultimate Team to the career mode. Online games bring the typical experience of having opponents lag and quit prematurely or just completely stop moving their players in an attempt to run the clock out without having to incur a penalty for quitting. Overall matches can be found quickly with players around your skill level. The atmosphere created through the graphics, controls and sound make FIFA a truly unique experience letting the gamer feel immersed in the world of soccer. Achievements and Trophies for the game are fairly easy to come by with a few that will take serious dedication to obtain. From first time players to seasoned soccer veterans, FIFA 14 has something for everyone and is a must buy at any price point. Expand
  53. Aug 26, 2014
    This is a good game all round, but it is very, very hard to navigate your way around the menu and the vast amount of things you can do in this game. It left me feeling frustrated and asking questions like; Why can't they have made the menu like all the previous games menus? If you're playing this game in manager or season mode, give your self a lot of time, as there is much to do!
    It is
    quite difficult at first to know you have to load stuff like profiles via the internet in order to save your games. I got in to a season only to find I could not save my progress. Once you master the ridiculous menu, it all makes sense.
    But overall: The graphics are the best yet. The game play is the best yet. And it is an awesome game
    JUST BE PATIENT

1. Mar 17, 2014
    Updated graphics and player visuals are what make FIFA 14 worth picking up. The stadiums and fields look spectacular, though some minor issues with gameplay elements can bring the game back down a notch. For a title that may not have been rushed, but definitely hurried for launch, EA Sports did a good job in getting soccer fans their fix.
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    We may have to wait until FIFA 15 before we get to play a truly next-gen game of football, but EA still went above and beyond here. An Xbox One essential.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    On Xbox One and PlayStation 4 FIFA 14 grants more depth in its mechanics and some stunning visuals. It's a pity that the new Ignite engine does nothing to improve the cut-scene and that some game modes are now missing. It's a joy to play, but we can expect a lot more from FIFA 15.