Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One

5.9

1. Nov 22, 2013
    Forza Motorsport 5 is a little content-light compared to its predecessors. However, the content on offer is extremely high quality. Of particular note are the driving mechanics and vehicle modelling. The way the game looks and plays will certainly make you take notice.

The biggest downside are the small selection of courses on offer, it comes as no surprise that we have been heading for a DLC future for some years-expect more courses down the track (pun intended) but expect to find that your wallet a little lighter than in the previous generation.

As a well rounded package the game is found wanting more content required. As a game however, in terms of gameplay and presentation...wow! Truly impressive.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, amazing detail in the tracks and car interiors and the same solid Forza gameplay you'd come to expect. The rumble features in the triggers are initially off putting but within a couple of games you'll wonder why you haven't had this nifty feature put into a controller sooner. Well worth picking this game up at launch. 1080p 60fps constantly!!
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Might be single handedly my favorite racing game I've ever played! And I'm a guy who normally hates racing games! The controls are slick and the feedback from the controllers make the game even better! I'm even considering buying the wheel and I never buy the wheel! Note there's going to be a lot of PlayStation fam Boyz coming on here to smash the game.. just remember to report them. ifMight be single handedly my favorite racing game I've ever played! And I'm a guy who normally hates racing games! The controls are slick and the feedback from the controllers make the game even better! I'm even considering buying the wheel and I never buy the wheel! Note there's going to be a lot of PlayStation fam Boyz coming on here to smash the game.. just remember to report them. if you're going to buy any game on xbox one it would be this one! A game that truly deserves for the first time I've ever reviewed anything An actual 10! Buy it! Expand
  4. Jun 2, 2015
    Forza 5 was the first of the. " standard" Forza titles offered on the Xbox one. It is understandably not as large as Forza 4 for the 360. Yet it still delivers the same heart pounding seat of your pants racing experience that no other title can touch. Well worth the invest ment!
  5. Jan 9, 2015
    A solid 8.8 for me, where this game maintains it's high quality edge it improves on its offering. With too many races to mention, a huge catalogue for cars enthusiasts and variable gameplay for novices and experts Forza 5 is a delight to play.
    It's not without its flaws, for example its not really next gen in the truest offering even though it doesn't lack any polish, it isn't offering anything spectacularly innovative in terms of gameplay but it's still really fun to play and definitely has longevity, however the flaws are nit picking because it's a game which gives you exactly what you want it you're a Forza fan and a great game if you're either a racing fan or looking for something to play.
    I am more of the Colin McRae/Micro Machines fan but Forza gives me the immersion F1 wants me to have, the racing heart Gran Turismo aspires to give and the pick up and play Wipeout once gave.
    It's fun, it's cheap and it's Forza, the franchise still isn't stale even if it needs some refreshing to be considered unmatched; you can't go wrong if you get it and when you have it hours of fun are sure to follow.
    If you're late to the Xbox One this game is worthy of your time, especially as it can be bought for less than £15.
  6. Aug 30, 2014
    When I decided to get an Xbox One at GameStop, I had to trade a lot of stuff in to make sure that I only had to pay about a 100 bucks for it. Sadly, my Xbox 360 was one of the trade-ins I made. I say "sadly" because I didn't have the chance to play Forza 4 because I love Forza 5. Forza, as a whole, reigns as the best racing game franchise on the market. The car count here is lowered downWhen I decided to get an Xbox One at GameStop, I had to trade a lot of stuff in to make sure that I only had to pay about a 100 bucks for it. Sadly, my Xbox 360 was one of the trade-ins I made. I say "sadly" because I didn't have the chance to play Forza 4 because I love Forza 5. Forza, as a whole, reigns as the best racing game franchise on the market. The car count here is lowered down from the previous entry, but now it really feels like each car has its place, a reason to be here. Another thing that it lowered is the track count, and this disappointed me greatly. While playing Career a lot, I had to go through many tracks over and over again. Speaking of Career, it is jam-packed with leagues, championships, etc. . I love how each league made me drive a whole new car entirely than what I drove before. Like I said, there's a lot of content in Career, but I felt there could've been a bit more variety in all these races. However, the multiplayer mostly made up for that because there's many different modes. A particular favorite of mine is Infection. Every session of it was a good, fun time. And of course, all the cars look realistic as all-get-out. It's phenomenal. The graphics outside of that have their highs and lows, but mostly highs. You can customize your cars here very much, too, but doing so makes you dive in to a lot of menus that were tedious. Despite small flaws, Forza 5 is constantly invigorating and amazing. Expand
  7. Sep 9, 2014
    Best Racing Game of the year... ..................................... Enough said .....................................................................
  8. Nov 27, 2014
    I got this with the XB1 a year ago and I still play it. I understand that to some it seems kinda light on content - compared to what was there on FM4, but it never bothered me. I think some folks focus a little too much in this comparison. This is a new game on a new system, they can't just take all the original content and 'make it look more pretty', everything had to be rebuilt. Having aI got this with the XB1 a year ago and I still play it. I understand that to some it seems kinda light on content - compared to what was there on FM4, but it never bothered me. I think some folks focus a little too much in this comparison. This is a new game on a new system, they can't just take all the original content and 'make it look more pretty', everything had to be rebuilt. Having a game like this at console launch is quite something. But yeah, FM4 had lots of content (which was 'just' taken over from FM3), but FM6 will do the same and be double the size of FM5. Anyways, there's no need to buy anything extra in this game, only of you love, say, a certain oldsmobile, then you can buy that extra. The three additional tracks were free downloads and every now and then there's new (free) cars, so it's really not all what people make it out to be. As for the actual driving: There's no better game out there (that includes you, Forza Horizon 2) as far as 'feeling the car and the track' goes. It's really beautiful. I play FH2 a lot, I played DriveClub (which, also, ain't as bad as people say) and Gran Turismo, but nothing touches the feel of Forza 5. It plays perfectly. Graphics are good to quite good (1080p, 60fps), with the occasional blandness and the weird 2D spritey people standing next to the tracks. But yeah, it's super smooth and fast, that's what counts. Some tracks look magnificent (Prague, Switzerland), some look a bit dull (Sebring etc.) but these courses look bland in real life, too. You've never seen a better Nurburgring, though. I personally didn't like the music and had it off constantly. I prefer the sound of the engines and the surroundings anyway, but this cheap classical score was just bad. I like classical music very much, but this was just too poppy and transported a weird kind of cheap melancholy. Really poorly written. So, to those who like racing games: try it, you'll get it used for cheap. And to those who love racing games but weren't sure about this one: You'll regret nothing. It's the best racer out there and a good mix of sim and arcade. Expand
  9. Jan 17, 2015
    Honestly? This game is brilliant if you loved Forza before. Fantastic physics and the handling is amazing, especially with the One's controller. This game was completely built from scratch, and had the best offering on new gen of any racers. We've now several free dlc tracks, including the Nordeschleife!

Overall, don't believe that it is lacking in content. Turn 10 haven't carried over assets like certain other franchises, so the textures on cars is pretty mental. Best racing experience on console, until Project Cars releases!
  10. Jan 25, 2015
    To be honest this is my first racing game, so I'm not that experienced. Everyone is fussing about the micro transactions for no reason. it only took me 2 series (1-2 hours) to get a Chevy Camaro and an extra 1 hour to get a Mclearn or a really nice Farrari. To get a Farrari or mclearn you are probably looking at 200,000-300,000CD which is not really much because you get around 5,000CD aTo be honest this is my first racing game, so I'm not that experienced. Everyone is fussing about the micro transactions for no reason. it only took me 2 series (1-2 hours) to get a Chevy Camaro and an extra 1 hour to get a Mclearn or a really nice Farrari. To get a Farrari or mclearn you are probably looking at 200,000-300,000CD which is not really much because you get around 5,000CD a race but there are a ton of bonus' that add maybe 10-20% of the reward you get for completing a race. you also get 35,000CD overtime you get to the next driver level which happens around twice a series (1 Hour) plus there is a bonus for completing the series witch is 20,000+CD so you probably be 100,000+CD richer after the Series so the money adds up pretty fast and you can by a really nice car in no time. The only cons to this game are i think the shadows and drifting/sliding are a bit exaggerated. F.Y.I. don't buy the game at the store or from Microsoft because you can find it new on the internet like Amazon or ebay for half the price. IT IS NOT A RIPOFF, PEOPLE ARE JUST EXAGGERATING! By the way, Graphics are fantastic! Expand
  11. May 20, 2015
    Forza motorsport 5 is a good game but coming off forza 4 it hurt to see missing tracks and about 300 cars but it is still the best racing game out and will be replaced later this year with forza 6.

great graphics and audio effects make for a superb racing simulator
  12. Jun 1, 2015
    Игра была неоднозначно воспринята критиками, но мне она понравилась. Конечно, тут не так много машин, как в предыдущих частях, а трасс вообще преступно мало (за это я и снизил оценку). Многие особенности предыдущих частей также попали под нож.
    Но играть всё равно всё так же интересно. Кроме того, надо учитывать, что эта часть - переходная, первая на новом поколении консолей. В общем, игра оставила у меня преимущественно положительные впечатления.
  13. Aug 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautiful graphics, gameplay while remaining faithful to the old versions. Only weak point: not having so many cars and tracks as Forza 4. We were accustomed to simulators games that have more than 300 cars, dozens of tracks and its variations. The game shows the graphics power of the new generation of consoles! Expand
  14. Sep 7, 2015

Forza Motorsport 5 is a technical masterpiece and the best racing game I've ever played

+ Beautiful car designs
    + Amazing Tracks
    + Career mode
    + Fantastic gameplay
    + Great car list
    + Top Gear

- Online Mode
    - Some dull moments in career mode
  15. Apr 26, 2016
    In fact this is not classic racing game. This game is about enjoy the cars in a short races for earn game credits, than buy a new car to do it again. Cars are great created, licenced, with many details and there are hundreds of them. But there are not so many circuits and after some time you will have repetitive feeling. That is the main problem of the game - you are doing still sameIn fact this is not classic racing game. This game is about enjoy the cars in a short races for earn game credits, than buy a new car to do it again. Cars are great created, licenced, with many details and there are hundreds of them. But there are not so many circuits and after some time you will have repetitive feeling. That is the main problem of the game - you are doing still same thing and you feel no extra progress. But summary, the game has nice graphics, great atmosphere, very good driving system and cool car models. I also like positive game motivation to try harder difficulty - you have bonus credits for every more real feature you activate. Great racing game for Xbox platform. Expand
  16. Jun 19, 2016
    Me parece un juego bastante interesante , tiene una buena jugabilidad y le puede hacer competencia a la saga de gran turismo de pS , cuando tengo ganas de echarme unas carreras es una gran duda ..
    Me gusta mucho la gran variedad de coches que poseé ,
  17. Nov 24, 2013
    Its awesome, put my 360 on with Forza 4 last night to compare and it just didnt feel as good. F4 has nailed the feeling of driving at the limit and the AI is something else. It just looks gorgeous and so smooth, F5 will be a tour de force. Yes it has less tracks which is a shame but the exhilaration more than makes up for it. If you early adopt you have to except some comprise, games areIts awesome, put my 360 on with Forza 4 last night to compare and it just didnt feel as good. F4 has nailed the feeling of driving at the limit and the AI is something else. It just looks gorgeous and so smooth, F5 will be a tour de force. Yes it has less tracks which is a shame but the exhilaration more than makes up for it. If you early adopt you have to except some comprise, games are so technical now, its another world. Expand
  18. Nov 26, 2013
    First off i am not a fan boy. I am a PC, WII U, PS4, and Xbox One owner. I appreciate all consoles for what they can do different and really enjoy them all.

With that out of the way i can talk about Forza 5. Wow this is the best racing game i have ever played. The feeling i get from adjusting the drivatar difficulty to my level is extremely rewarding. Since the AI is based off of real players the way they behave is no longer really generic as if they were on some sort of rails. The way vehicles behave in this game feels just rite for all the cars, being an Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10 owner when i got to use that car in game that was the closest i have ever felt to actually racing it minus the steering wheel. The game sounds and looks beautiful and in my opinion one of the only games for Xbox One worthy of being next gen.
    Now the one thing it is lacking just in comparison to other games in this genre and previous versions in the series is content. there is only 200 cars available from purchase but these are all wonderful cars worthy of being in a racing title and with tremendous detail. There is more cars coming as DLC you will have to pay for. I believe that there is only 14 tracks to race on playing for 8 hours i have not raced them all yet. Once again they are extremely detailed. Well i hope this helps people make a decision on this game.
  19. Jan 8, 2014
    The Forza games have always been fun and easy to get used to but, I think it was because I was using a car with the WORST HANDLING EVER because I had to drive backwards and it took me nearly 20 minutes to finish one race. The game is pretty but graphics aren't all that in a game. Worth a pickup? If you are a hardcore fan or when the price drops a little bit/ it goes on a sale. Not the bestThe Forza games have always been fun and easy to get used to but, I think it was because I was using a car with the WORST HANDLING EVER because I had to drive backwards and it took me nearly 20 minutes to finish one race. The game is pretty but graphics aren't all that in a game. Worth a pickup? If you are a hardcore fan or when the price drops a little bit/ it goes on a sale. Not the best of the launch titles in my opinion but its defiantly worth it when price drops or, if you don't care, a rent Expand
  20. Mar 9, 2014
    I'm not into racing sims at all but gave this a try and I love it. The integration of drivatars is brilliant thank you very much cloud! The graphics look wonderful and run smoothly. The cars are soooo detailed and customizable. And finally the sounds really are immersive.

I would give this a 10 if it weren't for micro transactions and a lack of track variety. Hopefully they keep adding tracks in the future.
  21. Nov 24, 2013
    Got my xbox one home at 1am with full intentions of updating and then skeeping. Put Forza 5 in and saw the sun come up. Then came close to 40 hours over 3 days. I could not stop playing. Awesome new tracks like Bathurst, Spa and Yas. Gorgeous looking cars. Great graphics. A new physics model that is challenging, new but still is Forza as its core. Already got the December challenges doneGot my xbox one home at 1am with full intentions of updating and then skeeping. Put Forza 5 in and saw the sun come up. Then came close to 40 hours over 3 days. I could not stop playing. Awesome new tracks like Bathurst, Spa and Yas. Gorgeous looking cars. Great graphics. A new physics model that is challenging, new but still is Forza as its core. Already got the December challenges done so plenty of career to go. I can not see any other game getting a look in. And drivatars ftw. No career races is the same lol. Great start on the Xbox One. Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2013
    Quality game, similar to 4 but obviously looks unreal. If you like driving simulation this is for you. Car control is spot on plus drivatar does make a difference! Top Gear involvement is great.. happy driving!
  23. Nov 24, 2013
    Coming from someone who played Forza 3 and saw Forza 4. This game is really cool on Xbox One, the rumble triggers really affect the way you think about driving.
    I don't know why people are complaining so much, there are a load of cars in the game, and the tracks i have played on are stunning. I really like the fact that if you finish 3rd or higher you get gold because typically it was 1st place or restart until you do.
    Overall you will be impressed by the game and how slick it is, and the top gear presenters add the icing to the cake.
    If you got this game free with your Xbox One instead of fifa 14 i think you made the right choice!
  24. Nov 24, 2013
    Forza 5 isn’t a groundbreaking addition to the world of racing-sims but it certainly sets the bar high for the genre in the next generation of consoles. Everything you know and love about the series is back and more beautiful than ever. Players race their cars on a wide variety of courses and locations, earning credits to upgrade your car or purchase new ones.

The circuits are groups

The circuits are groups of races you will compete in to earn credits and xp. Circuits can average between 5 to 12 races, with most races somewhere between 3 to 7 minutes in length. Forza 5 doesn’t require you to come in first to receive gold on a race, simply finishing in a respectable place based on your skill level will earn you big rewards. This system works very well to incentivize racers to try and beat tougher opponents while still rewarding your efforts.

Forza 5 doesn’t make the you suffer through hours and hours of gameplay to earn the beautiful fantasy cars that everyone wants to drive. If you play 2-3 circuits with your starter car without spending many of the credits you earn, you can easily afford one of the nicer cars after just a few hours of gameplay. The free play mode also let’s you “rent” any car in the game, though you won’t earn any xp or credits by driving cars you do not own in the career mode.

Read my full review at http://wp.me/p47m2i-7
  25. Nov 25, 2013
    Off the top I’m rating this 10/10 to balance out all the muppets that “reviewed” this game without having actually played it. I understand you’re upset your favourite track isn’t included in this latest edition, I too am upset, but it doesn’t make Forza 5 a bad game. As it currently sits I rate this game 8.5/10, but it has potential to be truly amazing.

The good. The cars that are

The good. The cars that are included are stunning in detail. I’ll gladly take the 200-ish cars included at this quality than the larger number included in Forza 4 that were of far inferior quality. Physics wise Forza 5 is outstanding. I own a fun sports car, that I race, and driving the same car in the game is remarkably similar to reality, closer than any other racer I’ve played on a console. The computer AI drivatar systems works exceptionally well, so well that solo Career races feel more like online multiplayer. The sound is amazing, hearing cars next to you with a surround sound system is magical. Rumble triggers are a neat addition to help with getting the correct brake point when ABS is turned off. Integration of the Rivals mode to each and every event is fantastic. Mt. Panorama, Spa and Prague are great track additions, all of which are treats to drive. The game searches for a multiplayer lobby while you’re doing other things like Career races, car tuning etc and then informs you when a lobby has been found and available to join. Each of the cars has more character than even previous Forza games. It makes each car a joy to purchase, tune and race.

The bad. No weather. Lack of cool tracks from Forza 4 is a bummer. Turn 10 why on earth is the sun always shining in my eyes? Turn 10 why is there no way to see what the restrictions for Career races is come on!?!? I’m sad some of my favourite tracks weren’t included. It’s going to take some serious game play to be able to purchase some of the open wheel race cars. Forza 5 certainly isn’t perfect.

Conclusion. This is a fantastic game if you love cars. Don’t listen to the reviews that had me worried from folks who haven’t even played this game. Simply put I’m really happy I didn’t listen to the bulk of reviews on here, and bought Forza 5. I won’t be playing any other racing games any time soon.
  26. Nov 25, 2013
    If you like any of the previous Forza Motorsport games, you'll want to get this one. It's the best by far. Great handling, great presentation, and a LOT of fun!
  27. Mar 18, 2014
    I loved this game from beginning to end. The car customization is just like most of the older Forza games. Apart from a few miinor complaints (needs 2 to 4 more tracks), I think the game is perfect. I really enjoyed the games soundtrack, and the detail on the car interiors is awesome. The cars handle well and the overall game play mechanic fells smooth. If you enjoyed the older ForzaI loved this game from beginning to end. The car customization is just like most of the older Forza games. Apart from a few miinor complaints (needs 2 to 4 more tracks), I think the game is perfect. I really enjoyed the games soundtrack, and the detail on the car interiors is awesome. The cars handle well and the overall game play mechanic fells smooth. If you enjoyed the older Forza games I do not see any reason why you would not enjoy this one. I highly recommend this game to any racing sim fan. Expand
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Same great gameplay you expect from the Forza series and the detail is brilliant on the cars and the tracks but it loses some points because it is quite light on features compared to previous games. Whats there is of great quality but there should be more of it. Good launch title to get though.
  29. Nov 22, 2013
    LOL all the people rating these games low just because they're on Xbox. Damn, if you're one of the paragons of self esteem doing that, just go away. You're a disgrace to other Sony fans, and to gamers in general, and you seriously need to get over yourselves. If an Xbox exclusive is good, let it be good, because rating it low just because you can't play it gives the impression that you'reLOL all the people rating these games low just because they're on Xbox. Damn, if you're one of the paragons of self esteem doing that, just go away. You're a disgrace to other Sony fans, and to gamers in general, and you seriously need to get over yourselves. If an Xbox exclusive is good, let it be good, because rating it low just because you can't play it gives the impression that you're jealous, which is just pathetic. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, the handling in the cars is so much better, the cars feel real, they look real too! the tracks are the incredibly well made also the selection of cars on offer is vast and every single one of them is modeled perfectly.
  31. Nov 24, 2013
    You know it is ridiculous that some of these reviews are so low. I can guarantee none of them have actually played the game. I have been a GT and Forza loyalist since both series inception. I have to say first although I completely understand the reasons it sucks that this title is launching with a reduced car garage and track list. However this is due to Turn 10 wanted to raise theYou know it is ridiculous that some of these reviews are so low. I can guarantee none of them have actually played the game. I have been a GT and Forza loyalist since both series inception. I have to say first although I completely understand the reasons it sucks that this title is launching with a reduced car garage and track list. However this is due to Turn 10 wanted to raise the level of quality for each, something their direct competition has opted not to do (meaning the 800+ cars GranTurismo uses from both PS1 and PS2 editions of it's game). That being said Forza 5 just feels AMAZING to drive! And the new Drivatar feature for AI is INCREDIBLE! It actually feels like you are racing real human competition, I never thought I would experience that feeling so soon (maybe 10 to 15 years away for A.I that real). The cars and tracks look AMAZING they drive AMAZINGLY realistic and with all aids off now the game plays like a true PC sim (of which I play all of). Like I said I was like many of you disappointed with the omissions this game had but after actually playing it over the weekend and re-learning the driving style (as the last two Forza Motorsports game we relatively similar although Forza 4 had made large strides in realism over 3) I have to say I can't wait to start the next race. The controller is great with the game as well although sitting and staring at my CSR-Elite wheel, shifter and pedals makes me sad as I can tell as great as this game plays with the controller the wheel/pedal setup would really make it shine! Please don't listen to the negativity. If you want what is easily the best racing experience on console (and dare I now say PC) you owe it to yourself to give Forza Motorsport 5 a thorough test drive. I can guarantee you will happily drive off into the sunset with a foolish grin from ear to ear! Expand
  32. Nov 22, 2013
    Great game, as great as the other forzas. Wonky menus... few bugs to work out here and there. Massive load times. In some parts graphics are only marginally better than f4. Of the xbo day one titles, it's one of the few worthy of full price.
  33. Nov 22, 2013
    I picked up Forza Motorsport 5. It's a great game. Amazing visuals. I love the Drivatar feature. Can't stop playing career and multiplayer. Best game on the Xbox One. Turn 10 does it again!
  34. Nov 22, 2013
    ignore the sony fanboys, I bought this game along with Dead Rising 3 at launch and it's FRIGGIN INSANE, one of the best games I've ever played. Graphics are insane, 1080P 60 frames
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    This is my favorite game on the Xbox One and I'm not even a racing game kind of guy. The drivatar system and the graphics are simply amazing. This game was well worth the money.
  36. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is the most beaultiful race game i have seen in my entire life,gorgerous,lots of great songs,and the most important,great gameplay,a must have
  37. Dec 13, 2013
    loving it! nice gfx awesome gameplay! plain fun. for a launch title its really good. have racked up a lot of hrs of gameplay on this one and its one of the big reason I am saying xbox on.
  38. Dec 8, 2013
    This game has some of the most spectacular graphics for a racing game I've ever seen. It was very fun to play and the driving mechanics are solid. Yes there is a little less content but it is worth with the improvements
  39. Mar 22, 2014
    I hate all the people creating accounts just to give this game a bad review. This is a great game. The idea of having no AI but making a drivatar based on your driving style is really cool. Your drivatar will earn you credits when your not even playing. The cars do not cost that much compared to Forza 4. The Ferrari 250 GTO was 10 million credits in Forza 4 but now it is only 2 so the carsI hate all the people creating accounts just to give this game a bad review. This is a great game. The idea of having no AI but making a drivatar based on your driving style is really cool. Your drivatar will earn you credits when your not even playing. The cars do not cost that much compared to Forza 4. The Ferrari 250 GTO was 10 million credits in Forza 4 but now it is only 2 so the cars are very affordable. Expand
  40. Nov 26, 2013
    Outstanding game with a lot of stuff to do. Impressive control and art design. The graphics are a true next gen and the sound is perfect. Few tracks and fewer cars than the old versions, but it never tires. Good job Turn 10!
  41. kad
    Nov 24, 2013
    Imma give it a 10/10 just to balance out all the crazy sony fanboys below....this is ridiculous.. you guys are pathetic...............................
  42. Nov 23, 2013
    Unfortunately a lot of features have gone from Forza 3 and 4 that i loved, "fun" online modes Tag and infection etc.. And the menu system is incredibly clunky, and the content is a bit thin on the ground compared to previous revisions of the game. And it truly is disappointing that they have jumped on the micro transaction band wagon, this needs to stop, full stop; charging £50 for a gameUnfortunately a lot of features have gone from Forza 3 and 4 that i loved, "fun" online modes Tag and infection etc.. And the menu system is incredibly clunky, and the content is a bit thin on the ground compared to previous revisions of the game. And it truly is disappointing that they have jumped on the micro transaction band wagon, this needs to stop, full stop; charging £50 for a game and then milking the consumer as to avoid grinding for money. This is a AAA console game not an iOS game, sort it out developers.

That said, the game play is still flawless and is the best driving simulation i've played, the detail of the cars and tracks are sublime, truly a stunning game and a great benchmark of things to come a few years down the line.

While this games does not deserve a 10 by any means, it in no way deserves its current average of 4.9, Good gameplay, amazing graphics, lack of content.
  43. Dec 31, 2013
    This has to be said to all the whiners in the crowd. You retards do realize that YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE CARS! YOU CAN EARN ALL OF THEM IN GAME!!! The game is fun, the graphics are good, enjoy.
  44. Nov 29, 2013
    This review comes from someone who hasn't played a racing game since... I actually can't remember. However, this game has me hooked. The game is simply beautiful, and the attention to detail is impressive. While I admit that I have yet to complete all the tracks, but 10+ hours in I'm still looking forward to playing it.
  45. Dec 6, 2013
    Forza has demonstrated itself with overwhelming graphics with high end physics. Its lack of cars makes it have its down side but exemplifies the pleasing aesthetics. Furthermore, Forza's illustrious use of using the cloud to controlled AI is innovative and a huge advantage over its competition. Therefore, Forza still has the crown for the best racing simulator that is in the market.
  46. Nov 27, 2013
    Best Forza yet!!! Sure there is less cars and tracks but everything else is way better than previous Forza games! The controls are better, the graphics are better and the AI is HUGELY improved and revolutionary for racing games (a hue step forward). The online is well done to and it runs very well, this is the 2nd best console game this year (GTA5 first for me). Hands down the best launchBest Forza yet!!! Sure there is less cars and tracks but everything else is way better than previous Forza games! The controls are better, the graphics are better and the AI is HUGELY improved and revolutionary for racing games (a hue step forward). The online is well done to and it runs very well, this is the 2nd best console game this year (GTA5 first for me). Hands down the best launch title of either the xbox one or ps4, BUY IT NOW!!!! Best racing game since GT2 and Forza4! Expand
  47. Nov 27, 2013
    Hands down the most realistic driving simulation ever brought to a console,graphics are amazing fast and smooth the cars have a natural body roll during lane changes and turns. each car has a slightly different feel and the new controller uses feedback vibrations perfectly. amazing achievement and shows what the Xbox one is capable of.
  48. Nov 22, 2013
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game so far.

The good: Amazing lighting effects and car detail Every car counts and has been given an equal amount of love and attention -Really great audio Drivetar AI is a considerable improvement from current gen AI Very tight controls and great handling for each car. Also the vibration effects for each trigger is really awesome here. The bad:
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game so far.

The bad: It's very similar to Forza 4 much less content than previous Forzas (less cars, less tracks)- The environmental graphics aren't great (trees are very static and backgrounds don't look quite as alive as I expected), Still no weather effects and night racing, which is disappointing.

I wouldn't say it's a system seller, but it's probably the best exclusive on the system and a great launch title for the One.
  49. Dec 15, 2013
    How anyone could give this game a negative review is beyond me. I'm a fairly seasoned racing game player, and this is easily the best racing game I've ever played. It has options for practically anyone. If you want a hardcore simulation type game, then you can adjust the settings and have a simulation. If you want a more laid back, casual, arcadey experience, then you have that option. IfHow anyone could give this game a negative review is beyond me. I'm a fairly seasoned racing game player, and this is easily the best racing game I've ever played. It has options for practically anyone. If you want a hardcore simulation type game, then you can adjust the settings and have a simulation. If you want a more laid back, casual, arcadey experience, then you have that option. If you're like me a want something in between, you have that option. It's the best looking game I've ever played. It's jawdropping. If you like racing games, you can't go wrong with this one. Keep in mind that it's not Need for Speed. If you're into running away from cops, go play Rivals. Expand
  50. Dec 26, 2013
    Loved it! The controls and the new Xbox One controller are very fluid and the graphics are top of the line. The only thing that is kind of crumby about the game is all the micro-trans offers, but of course for anyone willing to invest the time everything can be attained legit.
  51. Dec 21, 2013
    Forza 5 has had a rocky start thanks to the inclusion of microtransactions, and people complaining about a few things that Turn10 have now addressed and resolved. You should take into account that they have now drastically reduced the prices of the cars in-game, whilst giving out more credits for everything you do to earn credits.

Having loved every previous Forza including Horizon, I

Having loved every previous Forza including Horizon, I have to say this is not that different from what I have become accustomed to. It looks better, plays better, feels better generally and has some very cool features. I particularly like the Drivatar feature. It feels like you're racing people not a.i. because opponents make mistakes like people.
    The new controller works really well. The extra feedback through the triggers is brilliant.

Don't take the negative reviews seriously this is still Forza at at it's heart. If you enjoyed Forza previously you will enjoy Forza 5.
  52. Nov 28, 2013
    The games controls are superb its the biggest difference for me after playing every game in the series this is the most I have ever connected with the franchise as far as looks it has not changed a lot but the game just shines though it could have been even better with more time to sum up the best in the series so far with the controls a stand out a must have game for racing fans.
  53. Dec 7, 2013
    Ignore the moaning about Microtransactions. This game is great, Its gorgeous people who actually have hands on experience with it can tell you how well it drives. The rumble triggers in the Xbox One controller offer unprecedented feedback on the status of the car. Once you acclimate to it, you can litterally feel the car squat and dive. You can actually feel when the tires start to loseIgnore the moaning about Microtransactions. This game is great, Its gorgeous people who actually have hands on experience with it can tell you how well it drives. The rumble triggers in the Xbox One controller offer unprecedented feedback on the status of the car. Once you acclimate to it, you can litterally feel the car squat and dive. You can actually feel when the tires start to lose grip, not just having to react when they break traction. Drivatars make single player much more interesting that its been in the previous versions. If you're into quality over quantity, Forza delivers.

Another note about all the crying over microtransactions. I've got maybe 10 hours of play, I have more than 7 million credits banked and I already own the F1 lotus and the La Ferrari (3 mil and 1.75 mil a piece). I've not spent one dime on microtransactions. How did I accomplish this? By turning up the difficulty and turning off the assists, I make 120% in bonus on top of winnings in every race.

Again, don't let people who've never played it, and have incomplete or inaccurate info (see changes T10 made on the Forza site) on the microtransactions make you miss out on the best game for drivers that is currently on the market.
  54. Dec 6, 2013
    Highly addictive. Rivals mode sucks you in and makes you race better and find the perfect set up. Career mode is more lively with Drivatar A.I. and never feels empty. Gone are the single file A.I. races of the past. Grab your wheel and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  55. Dec 8, 2013
    An outstanding improvement to an already excellent racing franchise. It's far more than just a great racing sim, or a gorgeous showcase for the types of feats the Xbox One hardware is capable of. This is a game built on the romantic thrill of motorsport in all its forms, and that love for its subject matter is all but impossible to resist.
  56. Dec 13, 2013
    Forza 5 is such a great launch game to show the power of the XB1, the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is excellent. But there is problems, for example it doesn't have the same amount of cars from Forza 4 and it's the same for the tracks, you can't sell cars and there is day one dlc which is means they are deliberately taking out cars from the game and saying To have to fullForza 5 is such a great launch game to show the power of the XB1, the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is excellent. But there is problems, for example it doesn't have the same amount of cars from Forza 4 and it's the same for the tracks, you can't sell cars and there is day one dlc which is means they are deliberately taking out cars from the game and saying To have to full experience you have to spend more money on top of the $89.95 AUD or the $99.00 AUD for the limited edition Like I did Which really annoys a lot of people. But besides from that the game is great. Expand
  57. Jan 2, 2014
    To all the pay to win comments.. I just don't get it?? anything on xbox live is and always has had alot of extra content to purchase. Love the graphics! My only complaints so far would be the 'drivatar' opponents on single player.. Alot of slop and brake checking in the races. Other then the 'next gen' flash I do believe it is not an improvement over Forza 4 really. Also, I find the preTo all the pay to win comments.. I just don't get it?? anything on xbox live is and always has had alot of extra content to purchase. Love the graphics! My only complaints so far would be the 'drivatar' opponents on single player.. Alot of slop and brake checking in the races. Other then the 'next gen' flash I do believe it is not an improvement over Forza 4 really. Also, I find the pre race menus a mess over all. I have always liked Forza over Gran Turismo but I've found myself wanting to go back to my ps3 GT6 and I've barely cracked lvl 32 on Forza. Expand
  58. Nov 24, 2013
    The king of driving simulations returns. Forza Motorsport 5 is a deep, complex and beautiful racing sim that will impress any person who has ever had an interest in cars. As a fan of Forza and Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport 5 is hands down the king of the genre.
  59. Dec 9, 2013
    Half of these "User" reviews are simply a bunch of butt hurt Sony fanboys that wished that they had a racing game that was even half as good as Forza Motorsport 5. What they got was a game called Driveclub that got pushed back and an old series that in no way innovated past its cookie-cutter gameplay (Gran Turismo 6) and didn't even bother to be released on PS4. This is not a review ofHalf of these "User" reviews are simply a bunch of butt hurt Sony fanboys that wished that they had a racing game that was even half as good as Forza Motorsport 5. What they got was a game called Driveclub that got pushed back and an old series that in no way innovated past its cookie-cutter gameplay (Gran Turismo 6) and didn't even bother to be released on PS4. This is not a review of Forza 5 even though I played it and love it, this is a review for those poor Sony Ponies out there that like to post reviews because they're pathetic and have no life. Sony Ponies, you all get a 0/10 ;P Expand
  60. Dec 6, 2013
    Great racing game and so much fun. Cool to see your friends racing you with cloud computing. While there are less cars and tracks than the last Forza, the game was built from the ground up and looks and plays amazing. A must have for anyone who has an Xboxone.
  61. Mar 25, 2014
    The racing and car physics in Forza 5 are absolutely flawless. The roads, tracks, and environments are beautiful, and the personalization options have a lot of depth for a racing game. This game sets the bar for racing sims, and that's really saying something. I clocked over 15 hours into Forza 5, and I'm still not bored with it yet. The developer needs to add a few more tracks, but that'sThe racing and car physics in Forza 5 are absolutely flawless. The roads, tracks, and environments are beautiful, and the personalization options have a lot of depth for a racing game. This game sets the bar for racing sims, and that's really saying something. I clocked over 15 hours into Forza 5, and I'm still not bored with it yet. The developer needs to add a few more tracks, but that's my only gripe with the game. Forza 5 is definitely a 10 out of 10 for me. Expand
  62. Nov 30, 2013
    This is my first Forza game, and I'm very curious why so many people gave it a low rating. THIS is the stand out launch title for XBOX One. The graphics are brilliant and show off Xbox One's capability. Unlike other racing games (i.e Need for Speed), there is a huge variety of difficulties, you don't have to come in first to get the best rewards, replays look like they are from liveThis is my first Forza game, and I'm very curious why so many people gave it a low rating. THIS is the stand out launch title for XBOX One. The graphics are brilliant and show off Xbox One's capability. Unlike other racing games (i.e Need for Speed), there is a huge variety of difficulties, you don't have to come in first to get the best rewards, replays look like they are from live coverage, and there is so much ability to customise your cars. I know people are upset about the fact some cars require huge amounts of credits to buy. For example, some of the higher end cars require a million credits. If you play on the easiest difficulty (easy Drivatars, turn assist, etc) and get in the top 3 you'll normally get about 5,000 credits. So it would take about 200 races to buy that car, but this is ignoring all the based modifiers and level up bonuses you'd get along the way. Taking into account leveling up bonuses starting at about 15,000 credits, and car affinity bonuses (the more you driver a car, the more credits you credits you get I think every driver affinity level is 5% extra credits) you could easily half the amount of races required. If you want it even faster, you could race harder Drivatars, and turn off a lot of the assistance the game gives to help you drive. Plus people forget your Drivatar will earn credits for you when you aren't even playing, as they earn credits for every race they've done well in other people's games. For those people that want the option to unlock cars quicker (and miss some of the fun along the way), then yes there is the totally optional store where you can either buy tokens to unlock cars, or buy DLC car packs. Regardless, the starting car is a blast to play, and all of the features to help new gamers learn to drive really help. I love the driver guide lines to help me position before turns (nothing worse than playing a driving game before you've memorised the tracks!). I also like the feedback given when you've done something well (turn, pass etc). The feedback on the controller is near perfect normally I turn feedback off as its just annoying! I know there are limited tracks, and I get the feeling they'll release new tracks with "DLC." I would have preferred they released new tracks for free considering the lack of more tracks is likely the result of rushing the game out for the launch of Xbox One. As for the complaints about lack weather, and night/evening racing, I understand the frustration when other versions of the game had some of those features. Frankly this is such a polished game, that I don't really miss those features. The core game is near flawless. I've always been disappointed by driving games (starting with Test Drive back in the '90s!), and this is the first game that hasn't disappointed. My only complaint is this game should have been included with Xbox One and not FIFA 2014 as this game really shows what the Xbox One is capable of. Expand
  63. Nov 29, 2013
    I have noticed a lot of these reviews are low because of crashing issues. The problems isn't within the game. It's the Xbox One. IF anyone thought they would get an absolutely perfect gaming experience for a launch game is crazy. Even though I have had a few crashes myself, i still love and adore this game.

Yeah this game contains less cars and less tracks, but that doesn't make it a

Yeah this game contains less cars and less tracks, but that doesn't make it a bad game. From what it has it uses its content effectively. Also some people I've noticed complained about how expensive(in game cash) the cars are. Yeah sure they are expensive(in game cash) but whats the point of having all the cars at a low price. Myself would love to grind and earn my car library.

Forza 5 is a very smooth and entertaining game and the cars looks great! Love the Top Gear add-on they did.
  64. Dec 5, 2013
    The ultimate simulator, i have 52 year old and i never, never play a simulator like forza 5, first time i play only in view and i can win races and feel a realistic driving experience, a must bye for all lovers off motor-sports a dream came true...
  65. Dec 6, 2013
    Ist an incredible Racing Game, the driving feels due to the rumble in the Triggers so immersive and the graphics are beautiful and stunning. I love every second of it and the Drivatars are true Innovation.
  66. Dec 6, 2013
    FM5 from the first seconds made ​​indelible impression on me: spiritual oupening accompanied voice Clarkson, elegant music, beautiful trails, attention to detail etc. Overall, Forza 5 produces a lovely experience.
    Great start for racing games on the Xbox One.
  67. Dec 2, 2013
    The game is not perfect but it is very fun and hands down the most beautiful racing game I have ever seen. A rating of 5 overall is ridiculous and undeserving which is why I'm writing this...my actual score would probably be a 7.8 but since noone is being realistic with scores balance is necessary?

Pros: The game looks amazing and the physics are better than any (fun) racing game I've tried. The game looks and sounds so amazing I often find myself driving in mode (as opposed to behind the car view) which I never do.

I love the Drivatar AI. It creates some very fun and chaotic driving situations. Computer AI is often too predictable.

Cons:The music sucks; the fewer tracks to race on hasn't bothered me a whole lot and in fact some of the new tracks are really well done. Is this a step forward for Forza? Absolutely. Should it have more? I guess...or maybe we've just been spoiled and these ratings are evidence of how ungrateful gamers can be these days.
  68. Dec 6, 2013
    I'll make this as simple as possible. Forza 5 is a stunning, fun, exciting driving game both online and offline. The graphics are smooth and detailed, the car handling is pretty much spot on and the drivatars really work well. THE best driving game since the original GT.
    The downside is micro transactions but if you think this is just going to happen on Forza 5 then you need to sell your next gen console because the next 6-10 years will be all about spending cold hard cash. Or you could enjoy the game and play until you unlock stuff. Even GT6 has expensive DLC.
    I love Forza 5 and cannot put it down. All the low scores on here are from PS4 owners because they only have NFS Rivals to play. They have already been told that Driveclub will have micro transactions when it releases.
  69. Mar 17, 2014
    This is simply the bast racing game ever, it has a few flaws but still a solid 10/10 since gameplay is excellent from all angles.

This is also the first racing game where the player can feel how fast he is going without looking at the dashboard. positives would be the excellent details of both the tracks and cars, the superb realistic physics and the community. negatives would be

negatives would be a couple of issues i had while downloading my digital copy, the lack of tracks like "Nurburgring" and some inconsistencies during multiplayer games.
  70. Jan 19, 2014
    Forza 5 is arguably one of the best games out on the Xbox One. The controls and gameplay are sharp as ever, every turn and tilt you make with the thumbstick really has an effect on your car. While there aren't nearly as many vehicles in Forza 5 as there were in Forza 4, every car feels unique and you spend more time with the car you choose, which gives you a closer relationship with thatForza 5 is arguably one of the best games out on the Xbox One. The controls and gameplay are sharp as ever, every turn and tilt you make with the thumbstick really has an effect on your car. While there aren't nearly as many vehicles in Forza 5 as there were in Forza 4, every car feels unique and you spend more time with the car you choose, which gives you a closer relationship with that vehicle. Graphically, it's a marvel to look at, every car has such fine detail, the environment is blooms to life, however the crowds look photoshopped in. The tracks are somewhat lacking and there are a few that you continually come back to, which isn't as refreshing as I'd hoped for. But Forza still retains the elements I've always loved, from car customability, to designs, sounds, realism, and more, while it's not as good as the hallmark of the series (Forza 4) it rightfully takes a respectable second place. Expand
  71. Jan 22, 2014
    This game is pretty similar to Forza games of the past. The new drivatar system is pretty cool, and allows your profile to earn credits even when you are not playing. The graphics are amazing, and the lineup of cars is pretty good as well. Online play is much improved over last generation, with more players and games available and less connectivity issues. The one issue I have withThis game is pretty similar to Forza games of the past. The new drivatar system is pretty cool, and allows your profile to earn credits even when you are not playing. The graphics are amazing, and the lineup of cars is pretty good as well. Online play is much improved over last generation, with more players and games available and less connectivity issues. The one issue I have with this game is that there are not enough tracks. Going through the career mode gets really repetitive playing the same tracks over and over again. The plus side I guess, is that you learn the ins and outs of every tracks and can clock some pretty good lap times. Hopefully more tracks will be made available as DLC in the future. Expand
  72. Jan 18, 2014
    Yes, this game does have some noticeable flaws. No, it does NOT deserve the sheer amount of hate it's getting right now. Hate for the fact that you need to shell out a fair amount of cash for cars that should've come standard? Probably. Is this a bad game? HELL. NO. I'll admit it's not the best Forza, but it's the best sim racing game you can buy right now; the feel for all of the carsYes, this game does have some noticeable flaws. No, it does NOT deserve the sheer amount of hate it's getting right now. Hate for the fact that you need to shell out a fair amount of cash for cars that should've come standard? Probably. Is this a bad game? HELL. NO. I'll admit it's not the best Forza, but it's the best sim racing game you can buy right now; the feel for all of the cars (all of which deserve to be in this game... well, maybe except for the beetle) is spot on, the audio for both the engine notes and the orchestral score is spectacular, the visuals blow everything else out of the water, and the tracks (albeit a roster that's pretty weak) are impressively detailed. However, its crowning achievement is the driveatar feature, which works brilliantly; you will race in-game against AI that isn't afraid to bump into you, that tries moves that might kill it, and even go looking for revenge. That alone deserves praise. On that note, keep this in mind: this is a launch game, and launch games nowadays meant to do two things: be a tech demo for a new system, and quickly get in some cash to build up support for said system. Tesla's first car was the Roadster, a sportscar that had some... tricky handling characteristics, and real world faults. They now make the Model S, a car so good that it's the first time IN A WHILE America makes something the whole world wants. So is this a great game? Probably not. Is it a good game, and the best exclusive the Xbox One has right now? Yes. Will it improve? OH yes. And most importantly, does it show that there's a better way to make a racing game instead of just throwing in as many cars as possible with pitiful audio and next to no level of detail? Damn straight it does. If you love cars, Top Gear narrations, impressive driving from both you and other players that aren't even playing at the same time as you, pick this up. But do keep an eye on your spending; Turn 10 has fixed a few things, but sign up for Forza Rewards before you roll out; a lump of in game money before you start always helps. Expand
  73. Feb 8, 2014
    Anyone who is complaining about micro-transactions and lack of cars (lol) is just dumb. Ignore that corporate **** and enjoy the best driving experience ever created on any console. The feeling of ripping around corners and narrowly escaping spinning wrecks has never felt this good. Even if there was only one goddamn car in the game I would buy it full price, just for the simulationAnyone who is complaining about micro-transactions and lack of cars (lol) is just dumb. Ignore that corporate **** and enjoy the best driving experience ever created on any console. The feeling of ripping around corners and narrowly escaping spinning wrecks has never felt this good. Even if there was only one goddamn car in the game I would buy it full price, just for the simulation experience. Stop complaining about money, and enjoy your games. First world problems pissin' me the **** off lately, just shut up. Expand
  74. Feb 25, 2014
    Great game. The details on the cars is ridiculous. Nothing short of amazing. I used to have a camaro and once I sat in the camaro in the game it was bringing me back to all the old memories of the car. Every detail of the cars is spot on. The driving plays really well. The only knock I had on it was it gets very repetitive. I really enjoyed the open world of forza horizon and was aGreat game. The details on the cars is ridiculous. Nothing short of amazing. I used to have a camaro and once I sat in the camaro in the game it was bringing me back to all the old memories of the car. Every detail of the cars is spot on. The driving plays really well. The only knock I had on it was it gets very repetitive. I really enjoyed the open world of forza horizon and was a little disappointed this one wasn't like it. If you love cars and racing games this is a must buy Expand
  75. Jan 12, 2014
    Forza is a cool game, cool graphics, cool races, BUT i have felt a lack of cars and tracks, this kills a lot of fun of the game, and his predecessor was concerned about this situation, the question who stays is, what happened?
  76. Feb 1, 2014
    This is a game in what you call a true ''Next Gen'' game. Its truly amazing.. from graphics, to cars, to textures, and the little things like inside interior of the car. You will be truly happy with the game. Games like DriveClub and Gran Turismo.. they have no chance to Forza 5.
  77. Dec 24, 2013
    Although Forza 5 content isn't as great as Forza 4 the game still brings new features and better driving mechanics. The drivatar system lets you race against friends and other opponents racing style, which can be clean driving to dirty driving by crashing into you during turns.

The games graphics are top notch for a next-gen and beautiful tracks make this game worth the buy.
  78. Dec 6, 2013
    This game means a turning point with my Xbox one.

After some really bad experiences with Kinect, I was ready to return my console. I solved that problem turning Kinect off. Then there was Forza. The last racing game that hooked me like this was the Grand Turismo on PS2. The engine sounds, the handling and the whole Drivatar thing made me get into driving games immediately. The
    This game means a turning point with my Xbox one.

The tracks are, indeed, a let down though. After 3 days of playing it non stop, I'm already burned on them. Hopefully we'll get more (I can see myself getting new tracks in form of DLC).

Still, this is a great experience!
  79. Dec 31, 2013
    Cons
    - Reduced car list to make way for pricy DLC
    -Every race online is more of a demolition derby than a race
    -Cannot bet credit or cars
    -No auction house
    -unrealistic tuning and upgrades

Pros
    -looks good aesthetically
    -stable physics (somewhat)
    -Drivatar system works good
  80. Dec 3, 2013
    If all launch games were as good as this then there wouldn't be the usual issue and moaning around launch of new consoles. Yes there are a couple of things missing from the Forza 3 and 4 games on the 3 but it has everything that a launch title should have. Beautiful graphics, a fun multiplayer and a lovely, easy to play game
  81. Jan 24, 2014
    As games were being previewed for the upcoming Xbox One, two games stood atop the pile as examples of how a next-gen game should look. Those two games were Ryse and Forza Motorsport 5. And while I loved Ryse thoroughly, I like Forza Motorsport 5.
    GRAPHICS(10): Simply incredible, Forza shines in every way when it comes to graphics. The cars, the tracks...everything is beautiful.
    PRESENTATION(6): This is the weakness of Forza 5. While the way your races are set up are ok, the menus you use to race are terrible. The same format that has been used by racing games for years is used here. Static menus where a certain car will qualify you for a race. However, there is no sense of progression, no sense of stiffer challenges as you go along. It just sucks. The racing itself is great, but the overall experience is just old and stale.
    GAMEPLAY(10); Forza's gameplay is second to none for a racing game. Everything is completely customizable.
    CONTROL: (10): Again, completely customizable. Each individual car feels unique.
    FUN(9): Despite it's two flaws: a small number of tracks and a stale season mode, Forza 5 is still a lot of fun. I've had it for almost a month and I'm still racing.
    OVERALL(8): Ultimately, Forza 5 is still a really good title, but it's look of an exciting season mode and the lack of track variety keep it from being great. If those 2 issues are addressed in Forza 6, then the perfect racing simulation may not be far away.
  82. Dec 5, 2013
    Great looking and good use of impulse triggers. Would like to see a few more cars, but mainly more tracks since i tend to use the same few cars; one or two per class. Would like to have seen night racing and weather effects, hopefully in Forza 6. Microtransactions not needed to play this game like some may say. You can buy double xp time, or can be used to buy cars, but not recommended forGreat looking and good use of impulse triggers. Would like to see a few more cars, but mainly more tracks since i tend to use the same few cars; one or two per class. Would like to have seen night racing and weather effects, hopefully in Forza 6. Microtransactions not needed to play this game like some may say. You can buy double xp time, or can be used to buy cars, but not recommended for any expensive cars. Just save up credits and buy. You don't need every car anyways. Plus, if you have played past Forza games, you will have rewards on their website. I got 4 million credits for this month and with the half off sale last week, got a lot of good cars with that. Overall great looking game that plays extremely well that could have more content which was probably lacking since it is a launch title and Forza 6 will hopefully be a 10/10. Expand
  83. Feb 13, 2014
    The racing in this game and the feel of the cars is the best on any console hands down. It is beautiful and buttery smooth and the cars all sound amazing. Although I know it has been criticized for launching with "only" 200+ cars and 14 tracks, that is still more then any other racing game out there minus Forza 4 and Gran Turismo. At least all cars are fully rendered and all cars andThe racing in this game and the feel of the cars is the best on any console hands down. It is beautiful and buttery smooth and the cars all sound amazing. Although I know it has been criticized for launching with "only" 200+ cars and 14 tracks, that is still more then any other racing game out there minus Forza 4 and Gran Turismo. At least all cars are fully rendered and all cars and tracks are up to next gen quality. Anyway I am in love with this game and the fact that it has launched so close to the release of GT6 has made my car racing fantasies fully realized over the recent holidays and new year. I would also like to note that when it is all said and done I wouldn't be surprised if through the coming DLC that the car count ends up closer to 400 and the tracks go 20+. Expand
  84. Mar 11, 2014
    Forza 5 is an outstanding race simulator, the game shows really what Xbox One cames to do, it runs at a clear 1080p and at some constants 60 FPS, witch immerses you into the experience of racing and tecnology, the carrer mode is great, the drivatars works perfect, a great and beatiful simulator.
  85. Dec 17, 2013
    So far Forza 5 is my favorite game for Xbox one If you like racing games Its awesome anyone who says its a 1/2 of a game hasn't played it. I've logged 7 days in on the game and have it 50% completed. 6 of which are career racing
  86. Dec 16, 2013
    -THIS IS A LONG REVIEW-
    If you want a quick brief review this is not for you 2,000+ characters below
    _________________________________________________________________________________ This is a really addicting game. I do play sometimes but my dad is hooked. He is on driver level 80 (i think) and he comes home from work and eats dinner then plays FM5. I can see hes really enjoying the
    -THIS IS A LONG REVIEW-
    If you want a quick brief review this is not for you 2,000+ characters below
    This is a really addicting game. I do play sometimes but my dad is hooked. He is on driver level 80 (i think) and he comes home from work and eats dinner then plays FM5. I can see hes really enjoying the game. There is a law a physics in the game. Although not in real life. Like if you crash into cars it will only dent it and slow you down in real life you couldn't drive anymore). It also includes real life factors like the sun in your eyes or getting off road (which slows you down really badly making you really behind). There is also an impossible thing which you cant do in real life in the game. Rewinding Time. That would be awesome to do that it real life but it would mess up the universe in its self. In the game you can rewind if you crash in the race or if your get off road as previously mentioned. It will take off points on the race but I've always found the points irrelevant. I also like how gold goes to places 1-3. It makes it a lot easier and deduces stress while racing. Because if someone speeds ahead of you at the last minute and you got 2nd place then its no biggie. You'll still earn a gold pay. Lastly theirs a thing called a drivertar (ik i spelled it wrong.). Its a computer racer that learns how you race and then while you are not playing FM5 you pop into other peoples races around the world and earn you credits. Its really useful if you need extra credits.
    Although there are many likes too this game, no game is perfect. Even if you think it is.The game is annoying because you cannot quit races at the end of them and that you cant skip people talking in the game. After you pro the game you mostly finish in 1st place which is boring enough but you have to, to save up money for expense cars. But some leagues are hard like the Track Toys league my dad was having trouble with. Also some of the cars are 2,500,000 like the Mclaren P1, the car in the commercials. You can buy tokens or credits (the in-game money) with real money but I find that a waste of money. I do also like to do one thing in the game besides racing. Design the cars. Its really fun to do. I made my own car designed it to my own liking. If you have the money and want a new game this is a new quest for you to play and overcome!
  87. Jan 15, 2014
    First off... ignore the people that are whining about DLC and whining about leveling up slowly to encourage paying to cheat. Most of the arguments posted are indicative of people that haven't even played the game and are just going off of the ignorant rants in forums.

Forza 5 is one of the best racing games I have ever played and I consider myself a racing game junkie. The cars are rendered with incredible detail and the driving physics are wonderful. At the basic level it is easy to tell the difference between racing all of the different classifications of cars and each class requires its own finesse in order to win races. Going from Executive Sport for instance into Muscle Cars is a real test of your skills and the challenges presented at each class keeps the game fresh.

For the first time in a long line of racing games, I can actually feel the difference when I tune the car other than the obvious traction, balance and speed changes. Merely slapping all of the available mods on a particular car can actually be detrimental and adds a new dimension to the game mechanics. This also means that this game is not meant for racing kiddies (NFS cough).

If you want a very nice racing sim experience I highly recommend Forza 5. Why didn't I give it a 10? Because it is not perfect. I find the Drivatars to be highly aggravating in that while they may be behaving similar to their real online users I find myself getting into completely ridiculous racing situations like getting wall checked because someone decided to cut a corner without checking their spots which takes you out of the realism a bit. This seems to only be an issue in the earlier classes though. As I leveled up (which arguably could just be my own experience in the game increasing) I found the drivatars to not behave as erratically. I have NEVER seen super amazing driving AI though so with that being said it is really hard to ding the game too much for what appears to be the best AI model I've seen so far. You could even argue uncanny valley and blame the online players for training their drivatars with bad habits. lol.

An amazing game that you shouldn't miss if you love racing and love your Xbox One. Again, ignore the haters as anyone with a working mind will see that this is a game that is best in its class. Anyone that is even remotely familiar with the game development process can see how hard it is to make cars and the physics, audio, etc... with impeccable detail and still deliver enough quantity for good variety. No one is trying to rip anyone off. People are so entitled these days. :(
  88. Jan 17, 2014
    Would need the marketplace back SOON and some free DLC to add to the short lived list of cars and tracks in order to get a 10 out of 10. The game is incredible in the other aspects. The graphics are breathtaking. The mechanics are top notch. I love racing my buddies cars even when he's at work! Drivatar is a cool concept and done well. I love the game as it is right now, but it's a matterWould need the marketplace back SOON and some free DLC to add to the short lived list of cars and tracks in order to get a 10 out of 10. The game is incredible in the other aspects. The graphics are breathtaking. The mechanics are top notch. I love racing my buddies cars even when he's at work! Drivatar is a cool concept and done well. I love the game as it is right now, but it's a matter of time before I put it down never to be picked up until an update comes with new tracks. Expand
  89. Jan 27, 2014
    I've had the pleasure of owning some of the cars in the game including the E92 BMW M3, Alfa Giulietta and Golf GTi MkII, and I have to say I am startled at how accurate the simulation of the cars is to how the cars drive in the real world. I've caught myself leaning against my right arm rest going through corners to counter the G force (which isn't really there).

There are no problems

There are no problems at all earning cars with the in-game credits - I started playing at the end of December 2013 when the finance system had been updated. I've never had to make a micro-payment to get anough credits for a car - I usually have plenty of credits and I think it would only be necessary to pay extra if you literally wanted to own every car in the game.

Could have done with a couple more courses such as Brands Hatch and the Nurburgring, so I'm giving it a 9 instead of a 10. Although let's be honest, there is a downside to the Nurburgring which is very long laptimes (and IMO too many corners to memorise)

Great job Turn 10.
  90. Jan 28, 2014
    A delightful racing simulation that, most importantly, doesn't forget to be fun. Needless to say, the game is visually spicy and leaves a pleasant taste long after putting the controller down. Overall, I don't think I've ever really been into a racing sim as much as Forza 5, as it keeps calling me back over and over again with a compelling reward mechanism and intelligent difficultyA delightful racing simulation that, most importantly, doesn't forget to be fun. Needless to say, the game is visually spicy and leaves a pleasant taste long after putting the controller down. Overall, I don't think I've ever really been into a racing sim as much as Forza 5, as it keeps calling me back over and over again with a compelling reward mechanism and intelligent difficulty settings. Finally, the drivatars really make this a unique specialty considering that no race is just like another.

PS: the Xbox One's controller is huge for this game!
  91. Feb 21, 2014
    Very good game! This is an absolute dream for racing fans such as myself! The graphics are genuinely outstanding, the best graphics on console to date. There are hundreds and hundreds of cars, many tracks available and loads of race types to keep any gamer busy for ages. A complex system of car customization including custom tuning, painting and adding personal decafs fully flesh out theVery good game! This is an absolute dream for racing fans such as myself! The graphics are genuinely outstanding, the best graphics on console to date. There are hundreds and hundreds of cars, many tracks available and loads of race types to keep any gamer busy for ages. A complex system of car customization including custom tuning, painting and adding personal decafs fully flesh out the game and make it feel complete.
    Great support from Turn10 studios, such as free dlc ( e.g. free Road America racetrack, several free car packs) as well as paid dlc keep the game fresh on a regular basis. Then comes drivatar, which is a unique and incredibly impressive way of insuring that you always have human-like, lively and interesting opponents for your race. This is my favorite next-gen game, and holds loads of replayability. 10 out of 10 is truly deserved for the incredible graphics and exceptional content.
  92. Feb 17, 2014
    Superb game with great graphics and plenty of longevity. The only downside to the game would be the lack of tracks to use and the overpriced DLC. I have always been a big fan of the Forza Franchise having played all of the titles since the first so I am hoping there is free or at least affordable DLC in the future with tracks and cars just to keep people interested in the game.
  93. Feb 19, 2014
    Awesome Game, Full 1080p and 60 FPS Glory, best Racing for the Next Gen hands down. The Avatar AI is a riot when your not online, beautiful game and long! Awesome!
  94. Feb 22, 2014
    Forza continues to be the best racing game franchise with this installment of Forza 5. The graphics are amazing, the new drivatar system interesting, and every car in my opinion feels different. The downfall is that there is a very slim list of tracks, and the car list seems a little small.
  95. Feb 24, 2014
    I have owned all the Forza games since 3 and I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the car and track list when the game first came out. But I also understand that this is their first installment on the new xbox one platform and many things don't just carry over from previous generations. The graphics are amazing and is even more realistic than before and the autovista from ForzaI have owned all the Forza games since 3 and I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the car and track list when the game first came out. But I also understand that this is their first installment on the new xbox one platform and many things don't just carry over from previous generations. The graphics are amazing and is even more realistic than before and the autovista from Forza 4 is expanded to every car that you can purchase. This game is truly for a car enthusiast that was built by car enthusiasts. Each car and track was scanned for this game, making every fine detail as accurate as possible. So you can virtually walk around and sit in the cars of your dreams and see each track as if you were there in real life. The driveatars are an excellent addition to the franchise and makes single player campaign much more enjoyable going against your friends driveatar compared to the boring bots of the previous games.

I gave this game a 9 (but it should really be a 9.5 as game play is excellent) because I feel like they could have included their "fantasy tracks" such as Fujimi Kaido where me and my friends kill a lot of time drifting the mountain roads and it wouldn't have to be scanned in. It still feels like Forza 4, but much more enjoyable when playing through your career and the new xbox one controller with feedback triggers add even more to the driving experience.
  96. Feb 26, 2014
    Let me say first off this is my first Forza game. Second,while I am not happy with having to buy cars and so forth, EVERY XboxOne game has this now. It is like MMO's with their monthly fees to play. Too bad for us BUT..the game is awesome, beautiful as it can get. Car run and handle true to form. Tuning options are abundant as we'll. most fun car game I have used to date. MyLet me say first off this is my first Forza game. Second,while I am not happy with having to buy cars and so forth, EVERY XboxOne game has this now. It is like MMO's with their monthly fees to play. Too bad for us BUT..the game is awesome, beautiful as it can get. Car run and handle true to form. Tuning options are abundant as we'll. most fun car game I have used to date. My complaints..need more tracks..for free but they will cost I am sure...and weather would be nice. Add on cost aside the game is awesome. Expand
  97. Feb 26, 2014
    I've been playing racing sims for a long time (pretty much as long as they have existed) and Forza 5 is by far my favorite. The tracks are gorgeous, the cars (non DLC) are plentiful, and the AI is interesting. I'm definitely a fan of the Drivatars, even though they can be a little impolite at times. I do not view DLC as a problem with this game. There are more than enough cars toI've been playing racing sims for a long time (pretty much as long as they have existed) and Forza 5 is by far my favorite. The tracks are gorgeous, the cars (non DLC) are plentiful, and the AI is interesting. I'm definitely a fan of the Drivatars, even though they can be a little impolite at times. I do not view DLC as a problem with this game. There are more than enough cars to satisfy, and when Turn 10 added a new track (Road America), it was free of charge.

Also, great job on the online gameplay.
  98. Feb 27, 2014
    Forza 5 is a great game! Not just great, It is a wonderfull game. I really liked. It's really fun to play with your friends, to make championships. The graphics are very beatiful. I recommend for everyone who likes race games.
  99. Mar 1, 2014
    This game is an amazing launch title for the xbox one with a strong multiplayer community and races always going if you have not played this and you own a xbox one you are missing out on a racing game of the year especilly with the visuals.
    My only down side is that the auction house is not avalable at the momment the limit of tracks i hope in dlc we will get these minor problems for one of my best racers of the generation
  100. Mar 10, 2014
    jeu quasiment parfait, réalisation impeccable, seul couac les dlc trop nombreux, mis a part ca le jeu reste trés bon à mon gout, le système drivatar est vraiment bien fait, la difficulté est la... rien a redire

1. Sep 12, 2014
    Forza Motorsport 5 is an entertaining but bland experience. On one hand it impresses on the track with good visuals and fantastic handling. On the other hand it lacks content and the career mode is very dull outside of the races.
    Looks lovely, drives great but feels more like a Forza Light.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    Forza Motorsport 5 is not a bad racing game per se, but it feels kinda downgraded from the expansive Forza games of Xbox 360. The graphics are fancy, but that doesn't quite compensate the (relative) lack of cars and tracks. [Feb 2014]