5.1

1. Apr 27, 2014
    I actually enjoy many Kinect games, but Sports Rivals was a let down. The avatar creator does not create an accurate player, most of the games are strenuous and some are even rehashes of previous ones. Wake boarding was fun but doesn't always function like it should. Soccer was just a flail-fest and you can pelvic thrust instead of kicking was actually pretty funny. The gun game sucks theI actually enjoy many Kinect games, but Sports Rivals was a let down. The avatar creator does not create an accurate player, most of the games are strenuous and some are even rehashes of previous ones. Wake boarding was fun but doesn't always function like it should. Soccer was just a flail-fest and you can pelvic thrust instead of kicking was actually pretty funny. The gun game sucks the most. You don't even pull the trigger it just auto fires on it's own. Bowling was decent, rock climbing was fun but had some control issues, tennis was alright but also had minor control issues, There are much better Kinect games on the 360 and ultimately this game feels really rushed. Expand
  2. Apr 22, 2014
    I was looking forward for months for this game, I thought the creation of your own character in the game would be a great thing...the final images that were created were terrible!
    anyway that was a minor blip....the gameplay itself...the talk over guy is awful and annoying and the coach drives you mad stupid gimmicks...
    rock climbing awful what's the point? wake racing graphics and
    rock climbing awful what's the point?
    wake racing graphics and speed are nice but playing it by clenching your hand doesn't feel right its just boring.
    tennis... this is not a patch on the old wii tennis, there's just too many colourful graphical silly stars appearing when the ball is hit, you can't even see the other player well...its just not good.
    bowling... this is the WORST ten pin bowling game ive ever seen on all formats.....its like your bowling at nothing!! there's no control over what your trying to do....awful....
    soccer.....this is the worst attempt at a game i've seen in my computing life...its static and totally unplayable its the sort of game that should have been out 20 years ago! you have to encounter it to see how bad it is..
    shooting...I didn't even try this.......
    it's no surprise that there is NO demo apart from wake racing on xbox site as this would not have sold a single unit...
    where have the creators of this game been?....the whole package is diabolically awful.....
    this is a major let down and the Kinect side of control is terrible....I'm going back to Wii sports......
  3. Apr 9, 2014
    After this games release date was pushed I was expecting much more refinement and much more to the game... alas the games offers far more less than the original Xbox 360 Kinect Sports games aside from the now apparent over exaggerated story in Rivals. Rivals really offers no new look in to the Kinect technology, in fact it feels to have been worsened this is very apparent in the bowling,After this games release date was pushed I was expecting much more refinement and much more to the game... alas the games offers far more less than the original Xbox 360 Kinect Sports games aside from the now apparent over exaggerated story in Rivals. Rivals really offers no new look in to the Kinect technology, in fact it feels to have been worsened this is very apparent in the bowling, to which I was looking forward to the most, rather than the controls being more fluid and realistic they are cumbersome and awkward compared to its predecessor. Shoots requires nothing more than to move your hand in the air and attempt to land on targets, climbing could be interesting if the Kinect were to respond properly to what you were doing. The only piece of the game that feels some what refined if the jet sling as it shows off how Kinect can now see depth, albeit this can also be seen in the simple navigation of the console. Also the game forces you to always face an opponent which can be very slowing and annoying if someone simply wants to practice. The only positive I can take away from the experience is the fact that Microsoft allowed me to return my digital purchase other than that I see nothing that makes this game with spending $60 on, perhaps $20 or $30 for a party novelty game. My recommendation stick with the 360 versions until Microsoft lowers the prices, gives it away as a game for gold, or changes the game entirely. Expand
  4. Apr 14, 2014
    Poor. I bought it because I enjoyed kinect sports 1 on xbox 360, especially the bowling when friends were round. It had character and a bit of humour, plus little touches like when you get a strike it'd play various classic tunes like 'another one bites the dust' or 'jump around' ... I though this would be a development of that but nooooo, they have to turn it into some silly RPG typePoor. I bought it because I enjoyed kinect sports 1 on xbox 360, especially the bowling when friends were round. It had character and a bit of humour, plus little touches like when you get a strike it'd play various classic tunes like 'another one bites the dust' or 'jump around' ... I though this would be a development of that but nooooo, they have to turn it into some silly RPG type game with XP and levelling up, take out all the humour and music so it's just a straight-laced bore fest... The bowling is soulless and depressing, no funky music for celebrating strikes etc... The wake racing is kinda ok but limited in terms of appeal. Fun for 10 minutes or so.... Don't buy this, just play the original instead. Much more character and simple structure... How it should be. RARE, you've been a total let down ever since you started working with Microsoft. Expand
  5. May 1, 2014
    No Random Online Multiplayer matchups? Seriously?
    I agree with everything the critics are saying - much of the content was done better in previous iterations. How does that happen? Bowling was better in the original Kinect Sports released 4 years ago. Tennis was better and smoother in KS2.
    And the lack of Online Multiplayer matches with random opponents is a huge dissapointment. My
    No Random Online Multiplayer matchups? Seriously?
    My thought is this was originally to be a launch release with all the bells and whistles, but due to time constraints (it was pushed back 4 months) it was rushed out as a half-baked game.
  6. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is just a feeble attempt by MS to prove that their Kinect isn't a gimmick. (Which it is.) There is almost no variety, and the detection is lousy. Everything this game does, there is another that does it better. Honestly, you'd be far better of playing Wii Sports/Resort. The jet sling is interesting, as the sensor can see depth now. Unless you're a HUGE fan of motion gaming, skipThis game is just a feeble attempt by MS to prove that their Kinect isn't a gimmick. (Which it is.) There is almost no variety, and the detection is lousy. Everything this game does, there is another that does it better. Honestly, you'd be far better of playing Wii Sports/Resort. The jet sling is interesting, as the sensor can see depth now. Unless you're a HUGE fan of motion gaming, skip this one. It's a waste of time, and money. The family aspect was fun for the first couple games, but the novelty wears off, really fast. I'm the only gamer in my family, but I could get everyone to play Wii Sports for hours.. This was boring after 45 minutes. Expand
  7. Apr 14, 2014
    There is a reason this game is being universally panned... It's horrible. Microsoft needs to focus on it's core strength and roots. That is, bringing an open source, modifiable, customizable OS to as many computers as possible. They're aren't good at this gaming stuff.
  8. Apr 5, 2015
    I did have fun with this game especially the tennis but their was no incentive to keep playing. It could have been better if the rivals aspect was treated with more care. My friends didn't even know that I had beat them in challenges. This game contributed to the death of kinect games
  9. Jul 30, 2016
    Esperaba mucho mas de esta saga, los originales de X360 son de los pocos que justificaron la compra de Kinect y en su paso a la nueva generación esperaba que este juego y Dance Central fueran los que justificaran kinect.

1. Jul 4, 2014
    Kinect Sports Rivals answers the question “What has Rare been up to?”. Sadly, the game falls short of the mark on almost every category, with the biggest hit being on fun. With three of the six included events ranging from unpleasant to unplayable, you get dragged through dialogue I’d never, ever want to hear again.
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Jun 7, 2014
    Alright, maybe it won't enslave humanity. But there's no good reason to buy and play Rivals. [Issue#249, p.60]
  3. May 5, 2014
    Those looking for a breezy party game to show off their new machine will find a game with flaws and frustrations that cannot be ignored.