3.8

1. Nov 24, 2013
    Fun, quirky racing game with lots of action combat. If you want to laugh and have a good time, Lococycle is sure to please. Twisted Pixel games has done it yet again!
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    Sheer old school gaming bliss!!! This game is fast and fun...the side chatter between Iris & Pablo is hilarious. Loco plays like the games from the 32 bit era...big boss fights, hordes of enemies attacking at once and finding patterns to exploit enemy weaknesses. It's a shame so many people don't appreciate this game for what it is simple straightforward fun!! One of my favorite titles of all time. Expand
  3. Feb 16, 2014
    Just finished playing LocoCycle as of recently and I'm pretty high on it. In a nutshell, it was just a good time. I really wanted to play this game from beginning to end and I did just that. It really hooked me in.

+ Gameplay is very good. I love the way Iris handles, the spy hunter-esque car combat, the crazy hand to tire combat, the way Pablo is used through out the game, the on-rails
    shooting moments, and the QTEs being used at appropriate times and not being hard to see or anything like that.

+ Game offers tons of variety. The basic part of it is driving down highways to your guns, speed booster, and melee combat to fight enemies and complete special challenges. It gets mixed up with special counters, moments where Pablo has to fix Iris, or a QTE scenario that never feels out of place. They also offer up platformer-esque situations where you have to dodge certain enemies/projectiles which really add a bit of depth to the game. Boss fights are fun, original, memorable, and challenging enough for me to want to do multiple play-throughs.

+ Storyline is fun as a comedy adventure game. Not perfect mind you, but it's a delight to see the FMV scenes and the fantastically animated vehicles in this game. I had my share of laughs and got hooked into Iris' beautiful personality and dialogue. She's just a funny little motorcycle and I just wished I could watch Weekend at Bernie's 2 with her. Plus, the game gets extra points for the epic grilled cheese sandwiches seen at the end. I need to find some huge bread.

+ Visually, it's not the most appealing game, but in motion, it looks fine in my opinion. The art direction is cool and everything just feels smooth.

- You just wish there was more original gameplay beyond the campaign. A separate mode that was just plain gameplay would've been great in my opinion. More dodging of the scientists in electric hamster balls, more blowing up of secrent agent dudes, and a boss rush mode is always appreciated now that I think of it.

Overall, I can't recommend the journey enough. That's what it is. A cool journey. It's cheap, fun, and worth the ride.

1. Feb 12, 2014
    While LocoCycle is far from the worst game of the Xbox One launch, it certainly isn't the best.
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    Lococycle brings new meaning to DRAG racing. Take this arcade game in small doses for best results.
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    I enjoyed Lococycle, but only after abandoning my sensibilities as I’ve learned to do when playing games from Twisted Pixel. To the uninitiated, Lococycle will prove rather perplexing as it isn’t like most games.