- Summary: Detective Ronan O'Connor's life is brought to an end when a brutal killer confronts him during a burglary. This detective with a checked past now finds himself trapped in the afterlife, his only escape from this nether world of "Dusk" is to bring the truth of his death and his killer toDetective Ronan O'Connor's life is brought to an end when a brutal killer confronts him during a burglary. This detective with a checked past now finds himself trapped in the afterlife, his only escape from this nether world of "Dusk" is to bring the truth of his death and his killer to light using his newly developed supernatural abilities. As Ronan, you can explore the town of Salem for clues, battle demon spirits to save your soul, and unearth revelations about who is responsible for your untimely death.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
Jun 29, 2014Murdered: Soul Suspect is like a diamond in the rough: a dead detective, with supernatural powers, who has to solve his own assassination is an attractive plot. Having said that, Airtight Games didn't know how tap into those features to deliver what could have been an excellent game about finding clues and solving crime scenes. At least the game delivers a somewhat interesting story with an unpredictable ending.
Jun 3, 2014I truly wanted to like this game. It combines several of my favorite tropes and ideas into one cohesive whole, and I respect what it was trying to attain. But combining a half-baked hide-and-seek operation with a ghost story that seems ripped straight from a casual game isn't the way to hold my attention.
Jun 11, 2014THIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they doTHIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they do that by guessing what the majority would and wouldnt like and let that bias affect their own review of the games. This works sadly. But that is also why many who would enjoy a game such as Murdered Soul Suspect won't even try it. Sad reality.
This game doesnt have "action" it doesnt have shooting, stealing cars, and destruction. And it is better for it. In its own genre and taken as a separate entity, this game shines.
It is a mix of old school adventure atmosphere, smartass detective work, it is slow but it is great. The Story keeps you interested, the acting is top notch, the relationship between the main character and his partner is akin that of Booker and Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite.
This game is fun and funny, ok in some areas and amazing in others. It is a relaxing experience, and one that should be experienced. You'll feel like you are watching Ghost (the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze flick) at times, at others it'll be a Tex Murphy experience.
It is a fun and enjoyable experience, I am more than glad I bought this game, and if this genre is your cup of tea, you will be quite glad you had this adventure. You can't beat possessing poeple and reading their thoughts.
Buy this game and enjoy it, if you have your doubts, wait for a sale. But don't miss it.… Expand
May 14, 2015This is quiet a good adventure game.
I swear I really dont understand the bad ratings.
Enganging and a poweful storyline. The only point IThis is quiet a good adventure game.
I swear I really dont understand the bad ratings.
Enganging and a poweful storyline.
The only point I may agree with is that it really looks difficult to collect all the bonuses as there is no map and they're quiet disperse. But anyways, the city isn't so big.
Definitely worth any money. It was worth 60$ and a gem at 30$
I recommend for anyone who enjoys adventure games at the level of D4, Life is Strange, Indigo Child (Farehneit), etc.
I am happy with the game and just finding trouble at collecting all the bonuses. Deserved to be GOTY, but apparently it failed to please the games industry, for reasons I can't understand.
In summary it's a gem I own on my Xbox One… Expand
Jun 10, 2016Overall it is a nice, short game. Story is not dragged out to add time to the completion clock but youll still likely know who the enemy isOverall it is a nice, short game. Story is not dragged out to add time to the completion clock but youll still likely know who the enemy is early on. At some points I knew where to go next but still had to wait for the story point to move on.
Some features seem half baked. Guessing the correct clues awards badges but you do nothing with them. There are a couple of side quests unrelated to the story but they are short. Each area has unique loot to collect with a story at the end.
Biggest complaint I have is the lack of a map. On more than one occasion I knew where I wanted to go but couldnt remember the maze of paths I had to take to get there. Caused significant walking around.
Overall very good game, wish there could be more like this.… Expand
Dec 20, 2016A game that melds ghosts and detective stories in order to give you a new perspective on solving crimes as well as some new tools. TheA game that melds ghosts and detective stories in order to give you a new perspective on solving crimes as well as some new tools. The greatest strength of the game comes from it's story. Using your ghostly powers is fun, but solving the cases requires little brainpower. As a result it's fun, but lacks in some areas.
As far as the writing goes it's solid. The case is interesting, the setting is great, the main characters are likable, and there's plenty of Salem lore you can find scattered throughout the game. It's also filled with very compelling side-stories that you can find through the game's many collectibles and helping other ghosts pass on to the other side. If the storytelling has one flaw it's that you'll always be a few steps of the characters. It takes a shockingly longtime for main character Ronan and the gang to figure out what the killer's intentions are, even though it's so painfully obvious. There are still some nice twists though.
When it comes to the gameplay, there just isn't much to it. It's cool to be able to walk through walls, possess people to read their minds (even if they ever think anything interesting), and teleport your way to new areas. When it comes to the powers the game really does make excellent use of it's great concept. Hunting down the Salem's many collectibles is a blast because of it.
Solving cases on the other hand, is a much weaker experience. There's nothing terribly wrong with it, there's just no sort of challenge. All you do is look around an enclosed part of whatever environment your in at everything that stands out. Nothing to it. Some things you inspect will have a little minigame to them that's just as simple and quite easy. There's also no penalty for failing any of these. You just get to jump back in and try again, no questions asked.
Not even the game's occasional demon attack packs any sort of challenge. You just sneak up behind them and use a button prompt to finish them off. The game gives you plenty of easy escape routes should you get caught. None of this ruins the game though. You're powers are still a blast and just exploring the world and looking for all those collectibles is much more fun than it should be given the great setting. The lack of difficulty just means you feel like a detective that just took the world's simplest case.
If you're looking for a mystery filled with puzzles that will have you scratching your head, this game will disappoint. Yet, it's a unique concept that's been solidly realized. It offers a nice alternative to all the Sherlock Holmes games out there. Not too mention a fairly easy set of achievements. You may find yourself wanting more from the game from time to time, particularly in the realm of challenge, but overall it can still be quite a lot of fun with a good story to boot.
Jun 5, 2015SCORE: 6.8/10
I'm recommending at sale price. For five dollars, it's worth a play through in 6-7 hours. It is a decent story, betterSCORE: 6.8/10
I'm recommending at sale price. For five dollars, it's worth a play through in 6-7 hours.
It is a decent story, better than a decent amount of stuff on TV. Nice twists, good ending. Not spectacular, but pretty good.
Graphics are also decent. No Ethan Carter or The Witcher 3, but pretty good.
The voice acting is also solid. I've seen worse b-movies for sure.
That is kind of this game. Solid, but certainly not spectacular. A fun little romp that is the perfect length for it's story. It doesn't overstay its welcome but I definitely wouldn't replay it either.… Expand
Sep 2, 2014I am giving this game a 7 because I want developers to try different things and this game was surely that. I thought the story and the voiceI am giving this game a 7 because I want developers to try different things and this game was surely that. I thought the story and the voice acting was overall quite good, the narration of the ghost stories was quite badly overacted though. I wasn't that crazy about the demons as I felt they were just tacked on to add combat which was not necessary, the detection and mystery elements were sufficient to carry the game. I bought this at the same time as Thief and thought this game would be my favorite of the two but if I had played this game first I might have enjoyed it more. I didn't expect to like Thief but it was a wonderful game and so after playing it this game had giant boots to fill. I will continue to support this kind of game and although this wasn't a great game it was very generous with achievements and some fun. Keep at it team, good effort.… Expand
Jul 27, 2014I really wanted to like this game.... I REALLY REALLY did...
First the positives 1) The game play is unique pretty cool being a ghostI really wanted to like this game.... I REALLY REALLY did...
First the positives
1) The game play is unique pretty cool being a ghost able to walk through walls,
2) It is very polished and performed well on my somewhat old PC.
3) Rich story line and well acted and developed characters.
4) You can be a cat and press a button to meow!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!
1) Yes, walking through walls is fun... but then you limited to only being able to walk through certain walls. I understand there are limitations to what can be done in a computer game in this regard.... but still it was very obvious.
2) Replay-ability is 0....
3) The story was very short, say 8-10 hours, combined with the 0 replay-ability does not justify the retail price... not even close.
4) The game play is limited.... It felt like a virtual scavenger hunt sprinkled with where's Waldo. Point and click... point and click. Oh look a demon.... New area.... Point and click. etc.... the entire game....
5) Oh yes and the demons.... the only possible aggressive actions the character can take are towards anything in the game are demons. Which basically equates to walking up behind them and pressing a random key and mouse button combination to get rid of them. Lame and annoying.....
5) Because you are a detective you are supposed to solve crimes... In this game it involves walking around in an area until you find all the clues and then deciding which of these clues are relevant to the issue being solved. But the only negative in not getting the correct clues is.... a reduction in the rating of how good of a detective you are. The one you picked that was wrong is grayed out then you try and pick another clue. After missing 2 you are at the minimum fail for the current mystery... you might as well start clicking them all.
6) To many cut-scenes where you just watched the story lines, a great deal of them was in between areas where you would expect them. But other were it really odd places.... and felt unneeded...
7) Much of the game involves finding stuff... Other then the clues for the investigations EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE IGNORED.. The notes from his wife, the signs on the walls, and the location specific items that "reveal the story".. ALL Irrelevant and inconsequential to the game. All filler add to add some sort of time consuming depth to the game. Also note that the game play time I gave of 8-10 hours included me trying to find most of these items. Once I realized that they did nothing but wast my time I stopped collecting them near the end of the game,
8) THE ENDING WAS CRAP!!!! I cant stress it enough!!! THE ENDING WAS CRAP!!!! You would expect a highly polished story like this to really reward you in the end.... NOTHING. Note when you start playing it will be obvious at one point what the ending should be for our hero if he succeeds in solving his murder. I was expecting a very polished and satisfying end.... what we get is equivalent to "hey baby" ... roll credits. WAAAAAAAAT!!! I literally yelled that and my wife asked what was wrong.... I can see possibly why thy did it, to keep a sequel option open. But by doing it the way they did detracted from the kind of ending a game with this level of polished story line deserved...
So much more could have been done with this game concept.... it sad that this was created.
NOTE: Most of the positive reviews from users here in metacritic are all fabricated. Some I am reading sound more like tag lines from the companies advertising department.… Expand