- Summary: Detective Ronan O'Connor's life is brought to an end when a brutal killer confronts him during a burglary. This detective with a checked past now finds himself trapped in the afterlife, his only escape from this nether world of "Dusk" is to bring the truth of his death and his killer toDetective Ronan O'Connor's life is brought to an end when a brutal killer confronts him during a burglary. This detective with a checked past now finds himself trapped in the afterlife, his only escape from this nether world of "Dusk" is to bring the truth of his death and his killer to light using his newly developed supernatural abilities. As Ronan, you can explore the town of Salem for clues, battle demon spirits to save your soul, and unearth revelations about who is responsible for your untimely death.… Expand
Jun 29, 2014Murdered: Soul Suspect is like a diamond in the rough: a dead detective, with supernatural powers, who has to solve his own assassination is an attractive plot. Having said that, Airtight Games didn't know how tap into those features to deliver what could have been an excellent game about finding clues and solving crime scenes. At least the game delivers a somewhat interesting story with an unpredictable ending.
Jun 3, 2014I truly wanted to like this game. It combines several of my favorite tropes and ideas into one cohesive whole, and I respect what it was trying to attain. But combining a half-baked hide-and-seek operation with a ghost story that seems ripped straight from a casual game isn't the way to hold my attention.
Jun 11, 2014THIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they doTHIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they do that by guessing what the majority would and wouldnt like and let that bias affect their own review of the games. This works sadly. But that is also why many who would enjoy a game such as Murdered Soul Suspect won't even try it. Sad reality.
This game doesnt have "action" it doesnt have shooting, stealing cars, and destruction. And it is better for it. In its own genre and taken as a separate entity, this game shines.
It is a mix of old school adventure atmosphere, smartass detective work, it is slow but it is great. The Story keeps you interested, the acting is top notch, the relationship between the main character and his partner is akin that of Booker and Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite.
This game is fun and funny, ok in some areas and amazing in others. It is a relaxing experience, and one that should be experienced. You'll feel like you are watching Ghost (the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze flick) at times, at others it'll be a Tex Murphy experience.
It is a fun and enjoyable experience, I am more than glad I bought this game, and if this genre is your cup of tea, you will be quite glad you had this adventure. You can't beat possessing poeple and reading their thoughts.
Buy this game and enjoy it, if you have your doubts, wait for a sale. But don't miss it.… Expand
May 14, 2015This is quiet a good adventure game.
I swear I really dont understand the bad ratings.
Enganging and a poweful storyline. The only point IThis is quiet a good adventure game.
I swear I really dont understand the bad ratings.
Enganging and a poweful storyline.
The only point I may agree with is that it really looks difficult to collect all the bonuses as there is no map and they're quiet disperse. But anyways, the city isn't so big.
Definitely worth any money. It was worth 60$ and a gem at 30$
I recommend for anyone who enjoys adventure games at the level of D4, Life is Strange, Indigo Child (Farehneit), etc.
I am happy with the game and just finding trouble at collecting all the bonuses. Deserved to be GOTY, but apparently it failed to please the games industry, for reasons I can't understand.
In summary it's a gem I own on my Xbox One… Expand
Jun 10, 2016Overall it is a nice, short game. Story is not dragged out to add time to the completion clock but youll still likely know who the enemy isOverall it is a nice, short game. Story is not dragged out to add time to the completion clock but youll still likely know who the enemy is early on. At some points I knew where to go next but still had to wait for the story point to move on.
Some features seem half baked. Guessing the correct clues awards badges but you do nothing with them. There are a couple of side quests unrelated to the story but they are short. Each area has unique loot to collect with a story at the end.
Biggest complaint I have is the lack of a map. On more than one occasion I knew where I wanted to go but couldnt remember the maze of paths I had to take to get there. Caused significant walking around.
Overall very good game, wish there could be more like this.… Expand
Jun 3, 2015Murdered: Soul Suspect can best be described in a single word: intriguing. The story kept me playing this adventure until the credits rolled,Murdered: Soul Suspect can best be described in a single word: intriguing. The story kept me playing this adventure until the credits rolled, as the gameplay was not great.… Expand
Jun 5, 2015SCORE: 6.8/10
I'm recommending at sale price. For five dollars, it's worth a play through in 6-7 hours. It is a decent story, betterSCORE: 6.8/10
I'm recommending at sale price. For five dollars, it's worth a play through in 6-7 hours.
It is a decent story, better than a decent amount of stuff on TV. Nice twists, good ending. Not spectacular, but pretty good.
Graphics are also decent. No Ethan Carter or The Witcher 3, but pretty good.
The voice acting is also solid. I've seen worse b-movies for sure.
That is kind of this game. Solid, but certainly not spectacular. A fun little romp that is the perfect length for it's story. It doesn't overstay its welcome but I definitely wouldn't replay it either.… Expand
Jun 19, 2014If you want a genuine truthful review then please see below.
Murdered soul suspect in short is very different to your average game, ForIf you want a genuine truthful review then please see below.
Murdered soul suspect in short is very different to your average game, For example you are a ghost, do not have a weapon and you can possess other human beings.
The game starts off quite promising showing you flying out of a window and shot several times, however as you progress through the game it becomes very tedious. For example you are constantly looking for clues to your murder and other side missions, which is fine BUT there is literally no skill whatsoever in this.
You then come across Demons, which again at first you think is a pretty cool feature / challenge but it really isn't. They are too easy to sneak past or execute.
The story is ok and the only reason I continued to complete the game was because of this, with saying that though for me the ending was very disappointing.
There are positives though, for instance as mentioned above, the story will keep you entertained mostly, the achievements fly out at a rapid rate and that's brilliant for all you hunters out there!
Lastly graphics ... I will try not to be too critical as in some places / settings the graphics were decent enough, but all in all at times it looked like an early XBOX 360 game which isn't acceptable for a supposed next-gen title..
Voice acting is not too bad at all, which is surprising as if anything I thought this would be where Murdered Soul suspect would struggle.
I have to say I didn't really enjoy the game however it's different and for that reason I have to give Square Enix credit for at least trying something new.
Positives: Voice acting, Achievements, Decent enough story
Negatives: Graphics, repetitive, too easy
I give it 6/10
Jul 27, 2014I really wanted to like this game.... I REALLY REALLY did...
First the positives 1) The game play is unique pretty cool being a ghostI really wanted to like this game.... I REALLY REALLY did...
First the positives
1) The game play is unique pretty cool being a ghost able to walk through walls,
2) It is very polished and performed well on my somewhat old PC.
3) Rich story line and well acted and developed characters.
4) You can be a cat and press a button to meow!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!
1) Yes, walking through walls is fun... but then you limited to only being able to walk through certain walls. I understand there are limitations to what can be done in a computer game in this regard.... but still it was very obvious.
2) Replay-ability is 0....
3) The story was very short, say 8-10 hours, combined with the 0 replay-ability does not justify the retail price... not even close.
4) The game play is limited.... It felt like a virtual scavenger hunt sprinkled with where's Waldo. Point and click... point and click. Oh look a demon.... New area.... Point and click. etc.... the entire game....
5) Oh yes and the demons.... the only possible aggressive actions the character can take are towards anything in the game are demons. Which basically equates to walking up behind them and pressing a random key and mouse button combination to get rid of them. Lame and annoying.....
5) Because you are a detective you are supposed to solve crimes... In this game it involves walking around in an area until you find all the clues and then deciding which of these clues are relevant to the issue being solved. But the only negative in not getting the correct clues is.... a reduction in the rating of how good of a detective you are. The one you picked that was wrong is grayed out then you try and pick another clue. After missing 2 you are at the minimum fail for the current mystery... you might as well start clicking them all.
6) To many cut-scenes where you just watched the story lines, a great deal of them was in between areas where you would expect them. But other were it really odd places.... and felt unneeded...
7) Much of the game involves finding stuff... Other then the clues for the investigations EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE IGNORED.. The notes from his wife, the signs on the walls, and the location specific items that "reveal the story".. ALL Irrelevant and inconsequential to the game. All filler add to add some sort of time consuming depth to the game. Also note that the game play time I gave of 8-10 hours included me trying to find most of these items. Once I realized that they did nothing but wast my time I stopped collecting them near the end of the game,
8) THE ENDING WAS CRAP!!!! I cant stress it enough!!! THE ENDING WAS CRAP!!!! You would expect a highly polished story like this to really reward you in the end.... NOTHING. Note when you start playing it will be obvious at one point what the ending should be for our hero if he succeeds in solving his murder. I was expecting a very polished and satisfying end.... what we get is equivalent to "hey baby" ... roll credits. WAAAAAAAAT!!! I literally yelled that and my wife asked what was wrong.... I can see possibly why thy did it, to keep a sequel option open. But by doing it the way they did detracted from the kind of ending a game with this level of polished story line deserved...
So much more could have been done with this game concept.... it sad that this was created.
NOTE: Most of the positive reviews from users here in metacritic are all fabricated. Some I am reading sound more like tag lines from the companies advertising department.… Expand