5.6

1. Dec 6, 2013
    Always on-line game, servers down for days, no word from 2K. The only option available in the menu is "Quick Game". No connexion equal no MyCareer, no MyGm.
  2. Dec 3, 2013
    Incomplete game that makes a greed driven money grab via Virtual Vurrency (VC) and expiring player contracts (MyTeam aka MyRipoff mode). Graphics are great, gameplay is solid, VC is everywhere. Bring some Benjamins or expect to devote your life to grinding through this game to open up game content that should be included. Stick with current gen for now, trading my X1 version back for 360 version asap. Expand
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    Graphics are fantastic.

Gameplay has its good moments and its bad. It certainly feels like you have a bit less control than you do in previous gen. It seems like when you press a button or move a stick, it takes a second for the game to go through it's animation and decide what it thinks you want to do. They seem to have gone over the top in trying to get realistic player movement at
    the expense of responsiveness. There's a fair bit of cheese going on with the AI too. The game will impose its will on you. No matter how well you might play through a stretch, if the game decides the other team needs to go on a run, there's nothing you can do to stop it. The game shuns mid range shots. It's like it's almost begging you to take 3 point shots all game because you will make 60% of them. If you don't like 3 pointers, well 2K has you covered, because about the only other scoring option is post up hook shots. You can forget driving the lane. Even if you're Lebron James, a defending Chris Smith will keep you out of the lane as effectively as if you were being double-teamed by Paul George and Luol Deng.

I'm in Australia and so far I've had nothing but problems connecting to the 2K server. To play this game, I actually have to disconnect my console from the internet. The latest patch hasn't fixed the problem. Unfortunately a lot of the game requires an online connection to access features. I can't even edit a roster or create a draft class without being online. You're also limited to just 5 save games across ALL modes. I haven't seen this archaic sort of limitation since the N64.

Everything in the game modes now REQUIRES VC. To do simple things in MyGM, you now require VC. The only way to earn this in that mode is by playing games and completing goals. Unfortunately you get significantly more VC from playing games than completing goals. I don't understand why a mode designed around running a team only rewards you for playing the games.

Commentary gets a bit stale. If you play a season with the same team, you will hear the exact same analysis and back story of your players EVERY game.

After about 20 hours of gameplay, I've basically returned to the PC version. At least I feel like I get my money's worth from that version. "Next-Gen" 2K14 has taken my money while asking for more and still letting me down at every opportunity.

Buy this game for the graphics value only.
  4. Dec 5, 2013
    Let me start by saying I have been a huge 2k and NBA fan since the SEGA Dreamcast. This game has one thing going for it when compared to it's predecessors....the graphics. Don't get me wrong, the game is beautiful! However, this game suffers from many setbacks that had previously been resolved in current-gen titles, and the GREED is more apparent than ever by 2k this time around. This is a dissapointing experience to say the least. Read my full review to get know more.

Review

Presentation This game has some neat new features included into it. However, it seems like in order to include some neat new features, they had to cut some CRUCIAL ones. If you had any interest in playing through a franchise mode with a friend or relative... its Gone! You are now reduced to a single player experience centered around earning virtual currency and you over for real money. This same them applies to the myGM, myPlayer, & myTeam. It is clear what the ultimate goal is here... Also, the menu system is a complete an udder failure when compared with previous titles.

Gameplay -

It seems like everyone rating this game on the top websites that are generally looked at for games have never actually played a NBA 2k game before it. The gameplay is a step back in many ways. The defense is horrendous, the shooting is off, the turnovers are bad, the AI suffers terribly, and the entire experience just feels unstable. There are moments that will make your jaw drop, but I can't help but think of what could have been.

Please don't let the other reviewers mislead you from the truth is about this game. I have been dedicated to this franchise for a long time. I have enjoyed countless hours with friends on previous NBA 2k games. But this game is all about Greed. 2k took away some of the most enjoyable parts of previous titles. 2k shot an airball with the new gameplay. 2K gave us new graphics on a new system and is now trying to bleed you dry with VC.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    Best NBA game you can get, but story mode is super cheesy. 8.5'd but rounded up to 9 because of negative reviews for no apparent reason. What's with all the hate around here???
  6. Dec 28, 2013
    Utter rubbish. Don't believe the hype, the reviews were all written post release, since then the 2K servers have done nothing but crash, repeatedly. Every day we are told that the problems will be fixed, various patches, fixes, upgrades, etc have happened and the problems persist.

The problem doesn't just affect online play, for some stupid reason 2k decided to store the currency on
    their servers, so if you play a SINGLE player game (My Career, My GM, etc), the game will crash as soon as it tries to store the currency you earn. When you restart the game you have lost sell progress (games played, currency earned, etc). This was terribly implemented from the outset. The high published reviews compared to the low user reviews prove that many just looked at the "wow factor" of the next-gen graphics and rated it high, a few hours spent playing the game reveal numerous bugs and frustrations (and that is when the servers are working, which isn't often!).

The game is also microtranaction heavy. You are pushed to spend more and more and more Etc) money at every turn. You can't even hire a new coach on My GM without buying the ability to sack your current coach, buy the ability to hire a new coach and spend thousands more on hiring a coach (this is just an example, every turn is met with demands for more currency). The greed is astonishing, and would deserve a low score even without the other issues.

I've waited over a month (and sat through lies every day that this would be fixed), it remains unplayable. Maybe in 3-6 months this will be fixed, but I wouldn't hold out any hope! I love the 2K series, but I am seriously annoyed by this fiasco.

I would seriously suggest holding off on this for a few months for all of the bugs to be ironed out; perhaps even wait until NBA 2K15!
  7. Jan 12, 2014
    Do not buy this game, you will most certainly regret it. It has been unplayable about 80% of the time since launch, you will lose entire saves, you will lose the VC spent on any of these lost saves, and 2k will ignore any attempt to contact them for recompense. In short, its an amazing, and somehow legal, scam...and it will be the last one 2k ever pulls on me.
  8. Dec 12, 2013
    Ok so, the graphics. They're amazing. Obviously that's easy to see. I remember when I watched the first trailer right after NBA Live's came out, I got literal goose-bumps. Now, the harsh part.. this game is absolutely useless. Crash, crash, crash. Everything crashes. Tell me, what's the point of buying a game straight on launch day if it in fact does not work. I was doing so well in GM mode, loving it, I was so happy 2k added it. Gave the game so many more layers and yet, I can't do a single thing now without it crashing. All I want to do is fantasy draft my fantasy roster I created. I try day after day after day and yet, I swear it's getting worse. I can't even get past the auto rookie draft class selection, now. On top of that there's the crashing with basically everything besides quick games. Who wants to quick game all day everyday Another thing, why in the world are you un-able to have multiple players do a fantasy draft in the comfort of your own livingroom now.. now where's the friendly rivalry.. has to be over the internet Not everyone has a XBOX one ya know! OK RANT OVER. 2K FIX THIS GAME! Expand
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    Its the worst nba2K i ever play interms of gameplay.. Graphics are good but for god sake, the gameplay are worst. Its not realistic anymore. The three pts shot are almost perfect wheter your player is not a 3pt shot specialist
  10. Dec 29, 2013
    Great game, if it worked. Basically can play a quick game with no problems, but once you get into using he mycareer mygm myteam modes, it is very glitchy. Haven't been able to use this game in 3 days now, and support is nonexistent during this time. Can't give a decent score to a game that really doesn't work.
  11. Dec 18, 2013
    Gorgeous visuals, and the same good on-court action as before, but almost everything else is broken so can't reall give a higher score.
    The always online requirement for certain modes seems to have caused numerous issues with servers, and saving plenty of people have been totally unable to play the game in weeks. 2Ks response has been deafeningly silent. Aside from the litany of bugs
    multiple features have been reduced or cut altogether from previous versions (which themselves had very little improvement for several years). Microtransactions are even more aggressively promoted than before too. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    Straight up, I've noticed a few of the Xbox One reviewers on other games are first timers. A 10 this game is not. But it is a respectable 8 only because of the always online requirement. Playing and getting kicked out because your connection dies isn't cool. Seriously, $60 for a BBall MMO? Buyer beware!
    I don't necessarily agree with in-game purchases. But whatever turns your
    crank.

The graphics are next-gen looking and the sounds are fun. We actually had a good laugh at the Black Top antics. I really wish that they would have been considerate to offline players. Maybe there needs to be a HUGE STICKER on the front that says, "Internet Connection Required."
    Then again, you'd need one on the Xbox One. You aren't playing anything unless you updated.

Speaking of online, it's nice having real-time statistics of all the real life games. So overall I can't complain. We don't have cable or satellite so it offers something nice to the package.
  13. Dec 30, 2013
    The Game constantly crashes, i havent been able to play the whole game for 3 weeks, 2ksports just gave us a half working demo and their customer service is the worst, DO NOT BUY FOR NEXT GEN
  14. Jul 7, 2014
    Gameplay is pretty good, execution is an abomination. 2K servers are dependably bad. I'd guess that about half the time I've fired the game up, the servers are down. Normally that would just hinder multiplayer gameplay, but thanks to the 'crammed down your throat virtual currency', they chart everything you do and being disconnected from their servers means the only thing you can do is quick play. My GM, My Career, and My Team are all disabled. Their technical shortcomings handicap the ability to play the full game. It's bad. Really bad.

Once you get in, you'll quickly learn that unless you want to dump hundreds of dollars of real money in to buying virtual currency, you'll be unable to advance your career, your team, or perform basic functions in the GM mode. Without a doubt, it's the worst executed gameplay mechanic for gamers, that I can remember. It would be fascinating to learn how much they made on those virtual transactions, because it was enough of an affront to me that I don't plan on buying another 2k sports title for a very long time.

When you can actually play, there is a nice depth to the game. The Kinect voice commands are overwhelmingly done well. A neat feature is if you get fired up over a foul call, and your scream or curse out loud, that will get picked up, and you'll be assessed a technical. Of course that makes me want to spiral into an exciting list of profanity, but unfortunately only one T per game. Commentary gets pretty stale pretty fast, but the videos, graphics, and in-game cut-aways are usually pretty good.

The game itself, when you can play it, is about an 8/10. When you see how limited your are by forced microtransactions, or how 3/4ths of the game is locked out if the 2K servers are down yet again, I'm being generous in only taking 3 points off.
  15. Mar 29, 2014
    Another game that my brother likes but I'm not too big on. Not a fan of the NBA, but I will say this game is good. Looks great and plays fairly well, not really big on the my career thing but whatever. If you're a fan of the NBA you'll probably like this.
  16. Jan 22, 2014
    This game has the best graphics of any Xbox One game I have played yet. It feels pretty similar to NBA 2K13 as far as gameplay goes. I haven't really figured out the advanced post and dribbling moves, or how to execute the play calling, but you can play freestyle pretty well and win games. The worst part about this game, and the entire series, are the menus. They are ridiculously ugly, and not user friendly. Once you figure out to start the games and get into MyGM or MyPlayer mode, it is great. I can't speak to the online issues as this is a game I never play offline. NBA 2K14 is also a great local multiplayer game if you want to pick it up and play a friend. Expand
  17. Dec 12, 2013
    NBA2K14 is a really pretty looking game. I have too many complaints compared to previous versions though; 1) the new control system, how many ways to pass are there? too many. The "pro-Stick" where dribble and shoot are the same stick, it's tantamount to button bashing in an old arcade game. 2) the game mode MyTeam, they really missed a beat here i was most excited for this, but you can not play this mode off line as Domination mode is the only option and the difficulty is set to absurd, the rewards are not there to keep your team progressing.

The rest of the game modes play well, but after MyTeam on Domination, everything is a bit easy to be honest, it's just a matter of mashing that pro-stick. The improved MyPlayer mode again is an awesome game mode to play, though that's not really unexpected and going into it's 5th year or more, the game mode itself is getting a bit tired in my opinion.

I think the best way to look at the game as a whole, due to the Metascore of 86/100 is noting that it's about 10 points worse than last years version. I'd give this game an 8/10 where 2K12 & 2K13 were both 10/10 games. Essentially despite it looking good the game play has definitely dropped off this year, NBA Live definitely missed a chance on this weak outing.
  18. Jan 8, 2014
    As far as a NBA game goes you can't beat NBA 2K14. It's graphics are beyond anything before it, the game play is realistic and there is a great amount of thought behind the controls. Like all things great things before it, NBA 2K14 gives in to corruption and greed. This is in the form of VC, yet again 2K have found ways to squeeze extra hard earn money out of it's players. Casual users can't unlock and enjoy features easily that should already be available and although the game is "hardcore" you need to apply the game to your main fan base. And that my friends is the average gamer. The fact that 2K have now focused on the turn over their game can make worries me, it should worry you as well. Not only this the game is plagued with bugs, connection errors and unhelpful responses from support staff who take weeks to respond to enquiries. Issues have been evident for months and still no sign of a fix, 2k is clearly a game rushed to release for a quick buck... Sounds like E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (video game) and honestly the two games have more in common then you would hope.

I would say boycott the game, but it you're like me then there is no other option. Such a great game that is overshadowed by corporate greed. What a shame because this game would be so awesome.
  19. Jan 4, 2014
    I had previously rated this a 7, based on gorgeous graphics and smooth gameplay, but the fact that you now need a ton of VC (their Virtual Currency earned in-game or purchased from 2K) for every single mode to even use certain features made the game expensive...without buying VC from 2K, it'll take a LONG time to get anywhere.

Thanks to all the server issues they've had that have caused
    games to jump out in the middle or not even allowing me to get into the MyCareer/MyGM/MyTeam modes to start a game, I'm dropping my score to a 3. I paid $60 for this game, I want to play it when I feel the need for some basketball...which is nearly a daily urge...but the servers are down so often or the connection times unreasonably slow (wake up, start up 2k and let it start connecting while I make a pot of coffee, eat breakfast, and read some news online). Such a heavy reliance on being connected to 2k's servers at all times is annoying. I don't really play online much, I use the single player modes almost exclusively. This is unacceptable, and unbelievably frustrating being the only game in town (NBA Live is NOT an acceptable alternative).

The game play is truly next level, but it can't make up for the rest of this game's shortcomings. An epic disappointment from a franchise I've spent a lot of money on over the many years its been around.
  20. Dec 28, 2013
    So I have been playing this game with no issue and bought some coins for my career mode. Then last night I'm kicked off their server and can't play my game on my profile but can sign into a guest account on my xbox one and it works just fine. Called and emailed 2k support waited on hold twice once last night. I was told last night that the servers were down but they would be up today, so I loaded up the game today and no joy and called them again. I had to call several times because their circuit board is overwhelmed giving me a message that all circuits are busy. Finally after multiple attempts and waiting on hold for an hour I got through to someone who said everything is working fine and he said he would assist me but said he sent me a link that I told him I already looked at that wasn't relevant to me because my internet router and all are functional with a 50mb Download and a 5mb upload). So this game isn't worth it's salt after they engineered it to make it be a shiny slot machine that never pays out but wants you to keep pouring money into it. The company doesn't seem to care about resolving any issues and just wants to get of the phone with you. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2013
    I loved this game for about three days. Then the horrible bugs started.

I have, in the last eight days:

1.) Been affected by the "crash bug," which rendered a MyCareer player I'd put close to 20 hours into unplayable. This also resulted in a strange bug that made any purchased VC charge my card but not appear on my account a problem I had to go to Microsoft to have fixed despite it
    being 2K's
    error.

2.) Dealt with extreme input lag (to the point of unplayability) on literally every. single. online. game. I have played thus far. Literally every single one.

3.) Most recently, a server outage from their ridiculous "always online" policy has rendered every mode I play you guessed it unplayable.

In other words, 2K is selling people a buggy, unfinished product with a lot of malicious bugs. If you want to pay $60 for a product that works part of the time, buy this game, I guess. If not, never buy another 2K Sports product again. I know I won't after this debacle.
  22. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is just terrible the mechanics and everything. I appreciate the graphics, they have really enhanced the looks of all the players but of course its on the new xbox one too. Overall the game is complete and total the only thing you get out if the game is graphics so have fun playing a ****ty good looking game..... Worst game ever.
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    This game has decent mechanics, the three pointer is STILL broken. After not fixing it for over 3 years it's still way too easy to hit three pointers, basically if you're open at the three pointer, and you have momentum, you won't miss a three pointer. Doesn't matter who you shoot with it will go in. I've made three pointers this way so far with Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Jeremy Evans, he list goes on and on. The charging issue online isn't fixed, this has been a 2 year problem. They haven't fixed the snapping issue when defending in the post. That bug has been around longer than I can remember.

Thay HAVE improved on the dribbling alot this build. They have made it much easier to dribble with your point guard and control you're dribbling with one hand, instead of needing to use three hands to try to control your character.

As for the really bad. I have both this and NBA Live 14. Live 14 is a horrible game, much worse when it comes to almost everything. From Mechanics, to graphics, and acting. Despite all those shortcomings I play that over 2k14. Not because I choose to, but because the 2k servers don't allow me to play any of my saved games. I have been talking to 2k 3 times a week since it's happened, and literally their response for the first month was wait for the patch. I waited, the new patch didn't fix my issue, so they are going to reset my account and refund all the earned VC. I have had a ticket open since the 10th of December. They can't give me an ETA on when my account will actually work, I have requested a refund and they won't give me one. I can't return it to the store for my money back because I pre-ordered it.

All in all this game is the best basketball game I've never been able to play.

TLDR: If you want to play a basketball game NBA Live is the way to go. The game isn't as good, but you'll be able to play it. Even the best game in the world is a waste of money if you can't play it.
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    I've heard a lot of people having server issues but I have no experienced those myself yet.

I've been a fan of nba2k for about 5 or 6 years now and have played a lot of each release. Before getting the xbox one version I had been playing 2k14 on my PC.

The good things about the move to xbox one is that the graphics are fantastic, the game play feels even more refined and the myplayer
    story line is an interesting add on to the game.

The bad things are that the cut scenes often do not represent what is happening (I had a cut scene after the 4th pick in the draft with myplayer worried about slipping out of the first and asking how many picks were left, i was then picked next at 5), bugs (my rival went undrafted) and the biggest complaint from me is the removal of playing key games only. I'm already frustrated having to play all 82 games in my rookie season, I also think the menus and lay outs are terrible, you used to be able to hit pause and see a box score, this time you need to go into sub menus and it just seems unfinished.

To me the whole storyline of myplayer feels more like we are beta testing the idea for the next release which will flesh it out more.
  25. Jan 5, 2014
    I saw that a couple of people said that people that were giving this game low marks, were doing so for no apparent reason. Well, there are a lot of reasons.

1. Online Servers still horrible after years of people complaining about them
    2. Passing Is EVEN WORSE.. especially since they made the bad decision to add passing in your freaking shot stick horrible decision.
    3. CPU AI are
    still horrible
    4. Defensive Rebounding is still broken.
    5. Centers are as fast as point guards on the fast break still.
    6. Defenders are still on ice skates.
    7. Three point cheesing once again is king.
    8. Graphical validity still hasn't changed since 2K9/2K10.
    9. Still no Online Lobbies
    10. Story mode is still as cheesy as ever. It is, simply put, horrible.
    11, Still A Huge lack in customization (still the same boring tattoos and hairstyles).
  26. Jan 7, 2014
    NBA 2K is headed in the wrong direction. Quote me on it if you like.

Before I go on my little rant, I'd like to point out the positive in the game, because there are quite a few. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is smoother than ever before, and the online play is better than ever. That's it.

Unfortunately, there are plenty more bad things. I'll start with the removal of
    EVERY offline game mode. That's right. Every single one. No association, no be a pro, heck, not even create a player and editing rosters were spared. The only way to edit rosters now is to make a variant of the most current roster and upload it, and even then the options are pretty limited. The only compensation 2K gives is myGM, an online, watered-down version of Association in which the only things that you can do are manage your team's lineup and play the games. If the Xbox One version had these offline modes, it would easily be a 9 for me.

This feels more like a demo or beta test than a full game, and if this is what 2K thinks people want, they will be in for a rude awakening during this console generation.

I'll stick to the 360 version of 2K14.
  27. Jan 19, 2014
    This game is great and is my favorite game on the xbox one right now. Just wish some of these glitches get fixed soon. But other then that this game is awesome.
  28. Jan 25, 2014
    by far the best graphic produced but mycareer always crashes and myteam is just a scam for money as u will run out of mt and will need vc and also when on myteam and in a game 2k severs will crash and u will lose the game and also the players will also not play to the same ability as the same player on the other team
  29. Jan 28, 2014
    I would give this game a ten due to amazing AI, more realistic shot releases and tendencies to go in, better graphics.
    However the install size is 43 GB!!
  30. Feb 26, 2014
    Graphics of the game are good. But they lack any real muscle definition, no one is in great shape. Ive been playing 2k for years, and i recently havent played xbox in about a year. I made the leap to next gen recently just to play my sports games and was extremely disappointed. Association was my favorite mode. I was the owner, coach and gm of my team. I could edit my roster to my liking, and create draft pics that could be the next micheal jordan. Now i cant even edit the faces of my draft pics or create a player. Theres no option for trade override or game speed either. Now it seems more like they are dictating everything and not you. And im being forced to go through there story modes when i never asked for this much innovation. innovation is fine but make it optional, i was inlove with 2k before. And now it has caused me to return my xbox one to the store i bought it from. Expand
  31. tb4
    Mar 10, 2014
    GARBAGE!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE???? This game doesn't make sense anymore!!!!! shots go in when they shouldn't and you miss when your wide open. NOT REALISTIC ANYMORE. trust me 2k used to be my favorite game and now i just want to trade it in for something else. buy at your own risk. actually just don't buy it and save yourself the headache i have right now. The people who are in charge of player ratings DO NOT KNOW BASKETBALL OR THE NBA!!!!!!!!!! Serge Ibaka a better overall player than Dirk Nowitzki!?!? YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!!!!! don't bother picking this up if your favorite team is the Mavs. wow 2k you guys have MISERABLY FAILED!!!!!!!! Expand
  32. Mar 21, 2014
    Do not buy this game! The graphics are great, but everything else is terrible. The professional reviewers who give this game high ratings are being irresponsible and probably didn't play more than five minutes of it. There are more customization options for the current-gen version than there are for the next-gen version?!? The rhythm/emotion system will prevent you from winning many games against the computer. Prepare for 20-2 runs by the computer AI whenever you get up by about 10 points. Expand
  33. Mar 23, 2014
    It may not be the best basketball game ever, but it's the best one I've played. Overall, NBA 2K14 is a fun, good game. But before I mention all the good things, I have to point out a few major flaws. The scoring system (A-F) seems a bit unbalanced. The only way you can really get good scores is if you upgrade your character, which needs VC, and even then it doesn't count key moments as "bad" or "good" plays. Playing the game is enjoyable, but not overly satisfying. The MyCareer scenes are not skippable for the most part, and every time you create a new character you have to go through the long intro all over again. My brother and sister really enjoy the game, but mostly just when they're playing against each other or creating a character who has a weird name such as "Vladimir Slaughter". The graphics are amazing, as expected for an Xbox One game. Gameplay is mostly nice, except for the seriously irking moments that make you want to throw your controller. If this were the XBone's launch, I'd say for sure buy it. Now, though, you have to like sports games and long cut scenes. Expand
  34. Apr 23, 2014
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! BIG ISSUES WITH THIS GAME! The game refuses to save your settings, and the settings are much less customizable then before, you can not turn fouls on and off, and probably the most annoying feature of all is they have changed the steal button to personal fouling, and you can not change it back! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNTIL PROBLEMS ARE FIXED
  35. Apr 30, 2014
    Game has moments that are fun. Taking away create a player is a deal breaker for me. I am so done with the same customization options that have been in basketball games for years. This is supposed to be next gen and it feels like early 360 work. 2K should really fight EA to let go of the licence for the NFL. Love 2K sports games and long for the times of NFL2K5.
  36. Aug 24, 2014
    I've never been more interested in a 2k game they held the ball.
    Great graphics.
    Your myplayer is far interactable.
    In Online parks you can see other people playing.
    The overall AI for the is superior.
    Best 2k so far.
  37. May 3, 2014
    As many have said the graphics are phenomenal. And the new cutscenes are neat if maybe a little rushed. However, the gameplay seems to have taken a dive compared to previous editions. And there are some HUGE bugs that with a quick Google search I found out are not at all new. I just took MyCareer all the way to the AllStar weekend. I was set to play the Rising Stars Challenge, 3pt contest, Dunk Contest, and the ASG game. Rising Stars challenge went by with only the odd, typical bug with regards to Dynamic Goals not matching the actual game situations. I lost the 3pt contest thanks to it's terrible control scheme, and the fact that it does not explain its controls nor allow you to practice. Then it threw me back out to the team plane menu. I saw on the headlines that the ASG game and dunk contest were already done without me playing. Then when I went to continue thinking it would go to the next game in my schedule, it took me to the ASG game that had already happened, bypassing the dunk contest entirely. Then I didn't get the AllStar MVP because it counted the result from the game that I didn't play in! Suffice to say I'm pretty pissed off now. As pretty as this game is, it's become clear that I paid full price for a tech demo. Not sure I'd pay for '15 now. I need to see some VAST improvements first. Expand
  38. May 28, 2014
    this is a piece of **** game. its impossible to play without getting frustrated, plus its NBA 2k13 all over again. Lately 2k sports has been making some pretty crappy games.Maybe they should take some notes from EA and learn how to spend some time and a make a quality game that isnt impossible to play. plus i hve had to restart my MYcareer twice because it keeps freezing when i go to the sprite park. If im gonna buy a brand new game it shouldnt have any problems. waste of everyones money. stop making games 2K Expand
  39. Jun 17, 2014
    I've spent a lot of hours on this game and am completely addicted to it. Great variety of modes, some of which will keep you busy for a really long time. I knock down to a 9 only because bugs seem to be common and they become glaring when you compare it to how much is done right. After the last update, MyTEAM wouldn't work, saying to reboot the console but rebooting didn't do anything. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it working. There have been other less severe issues, but ultimately this is well worth the money. Expand
  40. Jul 6, 2014
    It's simply the best basketball game out there. The graphics are amazing, with detailed visuals of all nba players and even the ones you create. All of the gamemodes are a bunch of fun to play for hours. The 2 things that bug me about the game is there are 2 in game currencies (1 your earn, 1 you buy with real life money), and for most of the gamemodes you have to be online. Overall a superb game 8/10 Expand
  41. Jul 22, 2014
    NBA 2k14 was the first game I bought myself for the xbox one and I do not regret it! Don't get me wrong, this game is far from perfect, but even after purchasing other xbox One exclusives this game is still my go to.
    From the visual perspective, NBA 2k14 truly brings out that next gen feel, which is very important, especially after coughing up enough money just for the system, you better
    hope I'm pleased with the graphics. On many occasions I would be playing the game and if someone walked into my apartment, they would have to glance at the tv a second time to realize that I'm playing a game, not watching a real basketball game.
    If you have a buddy by your side, possibly the best multilayer game to play offline.

Every player moves the way they do in real life, Kevin Durant does his signature shoulder shake before his free throws, and the best in game advice is to play each character as they would in real life. Its truly the best 2k experience I have ever had......if its working.

The biggest problem with 2k14 is the servers. Although they have been a lot better since the release, it crashes probably 5 times a week...on a good week. I do feel the game is good enough for me to be patient and play it when it works, but for the non-hardcore basketball fans out there, it might not be worth spending 60 bucks for a game that works sometimes. Like seriously, even the single player modes require an online connection. So on my day off, I would be in my 2k mood, I wouldn't be able to play MyPlayer, MyGM, or MyTeam because 2k cant get there servers together. Honestly, I payed 60 bucks for this game, I should be able to play it whenever I want. Good to know I can't continue my story mode on vacation, where I might not have an internet connection. Only mode that does work offline is quick game with a computer or someone you have with you, but the currency wont be counted and saved.

MyPlayer is a blast when you get your character good enough to dunk or do crazy plays, but other than that the story is cheesy, repetitive, and un-skippable for the lingering cut scenes that have been repeated several times.
  42. Aug 8, 2014
    Nba2k14 is a gorgeous game that changed from the previous game. The current game includes the my player mode, but it changed some aspects to it. 2k used more of a story to draw fans into the game. The story follows your character from the start to finish, with different scenarios your player comes across. For instance, you may change your agent (your beginning agent is a childhood friend), you can choose your attitude on your first game, and decide that you take a foul instead of a teammate Those are just a few of the choices your player will choose. My player does not have the option to sim to important games. The rest of the game follows the format as Nba 2k13 did. The game is one of the best looking next gen games. Expand
  43. Aug 31, 2014
    Totally Trash Game, lost my MC save all the time.not one ,not two, but five!The Server always down for days, are 2K Sports just want take the money and do nothing?
  44. Sep 18, 2014
    8/10, I just wish 2K would make these games easier for the casual gamers. It's just too hard. Only weak points of this game is the plain menu's and the difficulty.
  45. Sep 21, 2014
    -Music is fantastic.
    -Career mode is actually engaging, except your characters voice doesn't always match their appearance and it is almost embarrassing to endure some of the cut scenes.

An unexpected Xbox One knockout and a year-on-year improvement in every respect - but its spectacular visuals make the clunkier elements painfully obvious.
  2. Dec 31, 2013
    Typically impenetrable for novices, but it’s a stunning piece of work and with some time spent learning the mechanics makes for an epic sporting experience.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    NBA 2K14 has everything a basketball fan wants to find in a videogame. Xbox One visual impact is astonishing and the new modes, with a preference for My Player, work very well. The ball physics need a little tuning, but the game is still great to play, to watch and to listen to.