7.4

1. Apr 27, 2014
    The first PvZ was great but this edition is a joke. You spent 40$ and now, 2 months after the release, EA is showing it's true face again and added Micro-transaction into the game. EA is ripping everyone off again. You should avoid this game for good.
  2. Aug 16, 2014
    I'm giving gnome bomb a 0. It is the most broken game mode ever made. Instant plant? Why?! Then it takes about 9 seconds to defuse while everybody and there mother spam there explosives on the bomb almost making it impossible to defuse. Very poor choice.
  3. Oct 1, 2014
    I actually got a refund for my game. After being disconnected for 50% of my games, having 25% of my games unplayable due to lag, and having so many other problems with the game, I decided to cut my ties with one of my favorite franchises. EA, you have really bombed with this one. The game seems unfinished in some areas, and there were so few players, I literally couldn't even get into aI actually got a refund for my game. After being disconnected for 50% of my games, having 25% of my games unplayable due to lag, and having so many other problems with the game, I decided to cut my ties with one of my favorite franchises. EA, you have really bombed with this one. The game seems unfinished in some areas, and there were so few players, I literally couldn't even get into a match that had more than 1 or 2 other people in it when I went online. What a shame, because this was one game I was really looking forward to after a recent boring game release season. Expand

1. May 16, 2014
    With a variety of interesting characters and well-balanced gameplay, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare should have been a perfect entry-level team-based FPS, letting younger and more casual audiences learn about the fun of meeting others online and shooting them in the face. Sadly, the frustrating unlock system puts a damper on that, and it never manages to make players feel rewarded for playing.
  2. Apr 9, 2014
    Thoroughly and unexpectedly wonderful. [Issue#146, p.102]
  3. Apr 7, 2014
    Like homemade fertiliser, it does the job, but not like the proper stuff. Also, it whiffs a bit. [May 2014, p.67]