5.6

1. Aug 1, 2014
    I wanted to like this game, but the story line is painful, the controls are quite off, and there's nothing about this game that makes it worth a single penny. If you can get it for free, go for it... but expect to get what you pay for... nothing.
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    Horrible control, music repetitive and bored, cinematic without charisma or interest, short of duration, combat bored and repetitive, graphically looks past generation, and the challenges dont make re-playable, a big deception.
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    Whoever did the controls for this game deserves the award for the worst Controls Ever, the game is awful to play, a campaign which will bore you from the start and graphics which look awful for a Next Gen game, the only reason this game escapes 0/10 is that the idea is excellent
  4. Apr 8, 2014
    Top quality game. It is consistently enjoyable, and by no means easy. Swooping around ships in your suit is unique to this game, and is strangely satisfying. The graphics look absolutely sweet on Xbox One, with the art style being as new and radical as anyone could want, with the bright and coloured backgrounds of outer space.
  5. Apr 9, 2014
    This game was produced by Kickstarter and a bunch of gamers with enough money to support a good idea. It turns out to be a lot of fun and is a very polished arcade game. At first I felt like I was playing the most graphically impressive version of Galaga ever made but after the first level it has a personality of its own. If you are familiar with the mobile game Galaxy on Fire then you'llThis game was produced by Kickstarter and a bunch of gamers with enough money to support a good idea. It turns out to be a lot of fun and is a very polished arcade game. At first I felt like I was playing the most graphically impressive version of Galaga ever made but after the first level it has a personality of its own. If you are familiar with the mobile game Galaxy on Fire then you'll feel at home with the controls. The explosions in the game look awesome; they are a bright light then explosion with fire, then a space suction that seems to barely implode right before exploding (sounds weird but looks cool). There are multiple ships to use and they transform into robots that look like something out of Armored Core. It is very fun and replayable. Expand
  6. Aug 2, 2014
    Very dreary game
    There was the game on XBox Gold I once tested. It is a nice story but it's a playful disappointment. The control is not even the worst. You just have to get used to it.
    The graphics are all the more reason to let it lie on the left. Was it not blurred and ugly? Also equal to each mission of others.
  7. Aug 5, 2014
    very very poor.... Don't buy it.....very very poor.... Don't buy it.....very very poor.... Don't buy it......very very poor.... Don't buy it.....very very poor.... Don't buy it.....very very poor.... Don't buy it
  8. Aug 4, 2014
    The game has a good concept but dreadful execution. The missions are too long and have unskippable portions where boring characters are talking and all you can do is wait for them to finish while flying in circles. Only get it while it's free.
  9. Aug 19, 2014
    Not going to say that it's the best game ever for space flight (not that I've played others, it's my first one). The controls are wierd but you learn pretty quickly. Beautiful backgrounds for every level. Story is okay at best.

Overall for this one, it's my personal opinion that takes hold of me. It get's an 8 because I keep coming back to play it. My personal enjoyment lead to this score.

If I would look pure objetively at this game. 6. Maybe 7. But because every victory fills me with satisfaction and every time I win with little to no life left, I feel superior to the poor colonists in the game. Makes sence since You're in the Strike Suit. But you're not invincible. The sense of coming out alive feels great in the game. Solid 8 for me.
  10. Jan 28, 2015
    The flying combat can be very fun at times but is broken up by dialogue that is trying to piece together a story, but fails. The controls are a bit to get used to but once you have them down the combat is enjoyable. Very repetitive so can be a good game in small doses. Easily worth it when the game was free but not something that offers enough that I would pay for. The addition ofThe flying combat can be very fun at times but is broken up by dialogue that is trying to piece together a story, but fails. The controls are a bit to get used to but once you have them down the combat is enjoyable. Very repetitive so can be a good game in small doses. Easily worth it when the game was free but not something that offers enough that I would pay for. The addition of online or co-op would make this game leaps and bounds more enjoyable. Expand
  11. Mar 29, 2017
    Pas trop vilain pour un jeu "indé" et la musique est réussie. Voix (en anglais seulement) passables. Effets sonores moyens : c'est du "piou-piou" sans imagination. Les commandes sur le pad sont assez bien disposées malgré l'absence de vue cockpit virtuel (la vue est fixe). Maniabilité déplorable : imprécision permanente, sensation de flou désagréable et ce n'est pas la vue extérieurePas trop vilain pour un jeu "indé" et la musique est réussie. Voix (en anglais seulement) passables. Effets sonores moyens : c'est du "piou-piou" sans imagination. Les commandes sur le pad sont assez bien disposées malgré l'absence de vue cockpit virtuel (la vue est fixe). Maniabilité déplorable : imprécision permanente, sensation de flou désagréable et ce n'est pas la vue extérieure (optionnelle) qui peut aider (c'est même pire). Beaucoup de vaisseaux à l'écran certes mais pourquoi est-ce aussi confus ?

Conclusion : les vieux Freespace et Wing Commander peuvent dormir sur leurs deux oreilles du sommeil des justes, on est pas près de revoir des simulations de combat spatial de cette qualité (sans même mentionner TIE Fighter). Strike machin est décidément trop bâclé et trop bancal pour prétendre à quoi que ce soit.

1. Games Master UK
    Jun 7, 2014
    Unfortunately, a dull story stains the otherwise shiny chrome. [July 2014, p.78]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jun 1, 2014
    With competent gameplay and a great concept, if it had had more investment behind it and a bit of a polish, this game could have been excellent. [Issue#111, p.84]
  3. Apr 19, 2014
    Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut is a good game on the XBox One and if you have a hankering for this genre than I do suggest you check out this game.