7.6

1. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative reviews, odds are they are Sony fan boys who wanna hate because this game isn't on their system. I have played about 11 hours so far and have had a blast! This is truly the first real next gen game to come out, and a fun one at that. The multiplayer could use more modes and be more linear, but the story and main mode that is offered. There is so much to do andDon't listen to the negative reviews, odds are they are Sony fan boys who wanna hate because this game isn't on their system. I have played about 11 hours so far and have had a blast! This is truly the first real next gen game to come out, and a fun one at that. The multiplayer could use more modes and be more linear, but the story and main mode that is offered. There is so much to do and see and also collect that this should keep you entertained for weeks and months, I highly recommend this game to anyone that is looking to have fun and blow stuff up. Expand
  2. Oct 28, 2014
    Sunset Overdrive is beautiful, fast and frantic.

I've been zipping and bouncing all over the map, just checking out the scenery and this game delivers! Chaos Mode is definitely chaotic and ridiculously fun. I need to get better at grinding and jumping! Can't wait to really dig into this tomorrow, my one glorious day out of the kitchen. It's every bit as fun as ratchet n
    Sunset Overdrive is beautiful, fast and frantic.

Chaos Mode is definitely chaotic and ridiculously fun.

I need to get better at grinding and jumping!

It's every bit as fun as ratchet n clank mixed with Tony Hawk and jet set radio sounds. BUY this game!!!
  3. Oct 28, 2014
    Awesome Game that I do recommend for Xbox One owners it's bright colorful and completely insane you will have an absolute blast Happy Gaming
    (Game is not childish btw don't let the trolls lead you into thinking it is)
  4. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is pretty fun! Definitely a nice change after the disaster that Destiny ended up being.

It's exactly what I expected; fun, laid back, and just a chill story. It doesn't try to turn the story into something it isn't, which I think is nice. I personally didn't buy this game to find some massive epic tale. I noticed other people complaining about the story not being detailed enough but I think some people just need to chill out and enjoy what this game is about - having fun.

In terms of controls, they're good...but the lack of options for different layouts is annoying. I expected killing enemies to be difficult with all of the moving and jumping but the game's aim assist helps out a lot in that regard so it's never frustrating when using non-AOE weapons.

The atmosphere, environment, and graphics are all eye candy. This game is really gorgeous to look at, but you end up missing out on some of the scenery just because of the amount of action that can be going on sometime.

The sound track in the game is a punk rock loop that picks up the pace with the gameplay. I like it right now, but I was a huge punk rock fan when I was in high school. I also have some minor concerns of it getting repetitive after a while of playing. The nice thing is that you can turn off the music in the menu if it bothers you and just snap some music of your own.

Gameplay is fast paced but easy on single player. I rarely die, and if I do it's because I was messing around and not killing enemies. It would be cool to see a no enemy free running mode added in. But I'm not sure what the chances of that happening are. Overall it's a blast to just run around blowing stuff up though. As I mentioned before, the game doesn't take itself seriously and it always seems to have that fun feel to it even when you're just messing around. You can choose to do wall running, grinding, bouncing, and combine them together with a nice variety of weapons to continue finding new ways to kill hordes. Adding these aspects with a style meter that increases your damage output in special ways ends up making for a nice change of pace from killing cops and doing car chases in GTA.

In terms of character customization, you have two categories; ascetics and abilities. They've done an awesome job allowing you to make your character the way you want. From different clothes, to tattoos, and even funny hats. As for abilities, you have Amps, and Overdrives.

The Amps allow you to modify your weapons to gain additional abilities like lightning and extra explosions. The other type of Amps allow you to change your melee speciality, use a defensive roll, cause explosions from things you bounce on, along with various other bonuses you receive as your style meter increases.

The Overdrives allow you to tailor your character to your particular playing style. Whether it's increasing damage to specific enemies, gaining additional ammo for weapons, or modifying how easily you generate style. The downside to the overdrives, is the only way to know what weapon class each weapon falls into is to pay attention when they level up, and when you're fighting giant hordes this tends to be the last thing on your mind. Hopefully this is fixed in an update down the road, but it's a fairly minor issue so it's not life changing if it isn't addressed.

Overall this game is very good, it's balanced very nicely and combines existing game mechanics from other awesome games over the year into something that is cohesive and fun. On top of that, the game knows it's a game, so the light hearted story is fun to play through while not delving into anything too serious.
  5. Oct 28, 2014
    I've played approx. 3 hrs of it this morning and almost phoned in to work sick because of it. What an amazing game. The colours pop, draw distances are vast, the gameplay gets easier over time and the traversal is amazing. Tonight cannot come quick enough to sink my teeth into it even more.

Well Done Insomniac for creating a beautiful game. PS4 users voting '0' - give it a rest please.
  6. Oct 28, 2014
    Absolutely mayhem of fun. SO much fun. Funny, smart, and just an excellent game. It is a good one to turn to after so many bleak games over the years. Not to say that the serious and such games aren't great, they are amazing. This feels like what gaming used to be like when you were kid, be reimagined to your new taste and humour now. Truly, a great accomplishment.
  7. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is visually amazing, it is a real breath of fresh air compared to all the dark and gritty games out on this gen. The combat is great, and it is definitely a game all xbox one owners should buy
  8. Oct 28, 2014
    Excellent fun. A whacky joy-ride worth taking. A great throw-back to Sega's Jet Set Radio with flair. If you love doing everything in style then this is the game for you.
  9. Oct 28, 2014
    I must confess I was not expecting much from this game so I didnt get into the hype so much. But after I started playing it clicked on me. It is mega fun and just simply awesome the way it breaks the 4th wall several times.
    Sunset Overdrive promissed and it delivered. It is a soulfull and stylish shooter with no barriers. You smile, you shoot and smile some more, you will get surprised, you will be blown away at times. Its an incredible and rainbow filled ride from the start to the very (and amazing) end. Some may say it is repetitive but I say I rarely felt that. As I said before it has a bit of a learning curve for the movement of our character but soon that will become almost secondary and it will become more of a joy than a chore. It is another beautiful gem in the form of Xbox One exclusives and well worth the money.
  10. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is exactly what its been advertised as and that's rare now a days. The game is pure fun! Must buy for any Xbox one owner. It's a shame people come here to write poor reviews based on what console they like or dislike. These developers work hard and in sunset overdrives case extremely hard
  11. Oct 28, 2014
    Love how ps4 fanboys come in here and give it a 0. Just look at there rate history pathetic kids. The game is fun fun fun with amazing graphics and art style I love the coop mode! Must buy xbox is really doing a good job this year with this and horizon I will be busy for long time
  12. Oct 28, 2014
    It`s really amazing. It`s by far the most fun game I`ve played this year. It`s fast, rewarding, difficult and long (20 hours of the main campaign only, over 35 hours total single player). The customization, the beautiful city, the characters, (you`ll love them), all put together at the perfect way. I`m Brazilian, and the translation is also done with perfection.
  13. Oct 28, 2014
    The game is fun, unique, innovative, and non stop fun. Must own, must play, this overall review is a clearly a lie because of envious little fanboys. Get this game... and if you don't own an xbone get one nov 2 when you can get the xbone and the game for 350....that's a steal. Don't be a fanboy go where good games are. And they are on the xbone...
  14. Oct 28, 2014
    Played for about 4 hours so far, and am really enjoying this game. Visually, it is gorgeous, the use of color and the design of the city is amazing, everything is crisp and frame rate is 100% solid. Most important, the combination of gameplay types is so much fun. The customization options for the character are second to none, weapons are fun and original. This game really is zany,Played for about 4 hours so far, and am really enjoying this game. Visually, it is gorgeous, the use of color and the design of the city is amazing, everything is crisp and frame rate is 100% solid. Most important, the combination of gameplay types is so much fun. The customization options for the character are second to none, weapons are fun and original. This game really is zany, non-stop action and fun. Expand
  15. Oct 28, 2014
    Its a amazing game, this game deservers to win game of the year.
    Beatiful graphics, so excited music, good mode online.
    A fantastic begin to a new IP
  16. Oct 28, 2014
    This game has some bad user reviews because of Xbox one haters. Please don't listen to their reviews. Sunset overdrive is an amazing game. It's story is funny and just pure awesome, it customisation is awesome, it's weapons are awesome and it's just the most AWESOMEPOCALYPSE you could find.
  17. Oct 28, 2014
    I love open world action games. I loved the Grand Theft Auto games, I loved Sleeping Dogs, I loved Crackdown, I loved Infamous, I loved Saints Row, and I even loved those old True Crime games that not many people did. It's one of the most enjoyable styles of games because it allows for a lot of freedom and experimentation. Sunset Overdrive is the latest game from successful game creatorsI love open world action games. I loved the Grand Theft Auto games, I loved Sleeping Dogs, I loved Crackdown, I loved Infamous, I loved Saints Row, and I even loved those old True Crime games that not many people did. It's one of the most enjoyable styles of games because it allows for a lot of freedom and experimentation. Sunset Overdrive is the latest game from successful game creators Insomniac Games, the minds that brought you Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, and more. As a fan of all of their previous work, I think Sunset Overdrive is their best game to date. Being their first open world sandbox game, it was a gamble for a studio that had never done it, but they applied of their expertise and knowledge of being veteran game developers and created Sunset Overdrive, a polished, colorful, wacky, enjoyable game that's like other games but with its own identity. I keep seeing comparisons to Infamous and I find them unfair. It seems like fanboys want to try to discredit the quality of Sunset Overdrive as a "clone" or something along those lines, and it's too bad that people act this way. I, myself, enjoy a lot of games from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. That said, all of them copy ideas from one another and aren't always the most original. Take Uncharted, for example. Great game, but it's clearly a rip on Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider, both of which came before it. Take Killzone, for example. Solid games, but it's clearly a science fiction FPS that came after the likes of Half Life and Halo. Take Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, for example. Decent game, but it was clearly Sony's attempt at a Super Smash Bros. game. In my opinion, Sunset Overdrive looks and feels like Crackdown, adds in some Ratchet & Clank, then dials it up to 11 and makes it its own thing. Infamous was not the first game of its kinds. I can see how some young kids may have never played games like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Crackdown, but history lesson, Infamous wasn't anything new. Sunset Overdrive is a great open world action romp that anyone can enjoy if they're not blinded by console partisanship. Expand
  18. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is fantastic. I love the challenge of learning controls and trying to perfect them along with grinding and not wanting to stop while you continue to move and mow down enemies. The game def. has some humor that you will miss if you are not paying attention. Allot of little goofy details along with the fast paced game play. This game is fantastic. If you are looking for someThis game is fantastic. I love the challenge of learning controls and trying to perfect them along with grinding and not wanting to stop while you continue to move and mow down enemies. The game def. has some humor that you will miss if you are not paying attention. Allot of little goofy details along with the fast paced game play. This game is fantastic. If you are looking for some entertaining, fast paced along with being different than what is currently out there then grab this game. Any Xbox one collection is not complete without this game. Expand
  19. Oct 28, 2014
    Great game with good gameplay, and very fun! The Insominiac did a great job here, bringing a competent game with great graphics and sharp gameplay.

Right purchase for owners of Xbox One
  20. Oct 28, 2014
    One of the best new ip's of this year,looks incredible game lots of fun in this game. it's bright colorful and completely insane you will have an absolute blast Happy Gaming.
  21. Oct 28, 2014
    This is a GREAT game and shows you things do not have to be serious and its not all about FPS and 1080p

This is a game about having fun and blowing stuff up. Its silly and its fun and that my friends is what games are about FUN.

don't even think about it just go buy this game its worth every cent.
  22. Oct 28, 2014
    What a fun game! Very fast paced. Great colors/graphics. Bouncing all over the place in a chaotic environment. Awesome!
    Don't listen to to zero feedbacks. They obviously don't have the game and have nothing better to do then trash a game. Losers.
  23. Oct 28, 2014
    cheerful, fun, colorful is addictive. a good choice for anyone who enjoys a good action game with humor. Sunset Overdrive is for me a great candidate for the best game of the year.
  24. Oct 28, 2014
    Sunset overdrive i a Really good game, have a sweet online coop, the AI is smart, explosions are pretty cool, the stuff and the fun make this game unique.
  25. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't really see what all the fuss is about... just reminds me of the old dead rising games, only sped up slightly. Then again I've only played a few hours, just seems like its gonna get boring fast.
  26. Oct 28, 2014
    Amazing game.
    one of the most fun game i ever played in my life, the combat system its awesome and the city looks just beautifull.. Co-op play its amazing to.
  27. Oct 28, 2014
    Crazy and exciting new IP exclusive for XONE.
    Not similar with anithing and fresh videogame.
    Wonderful, 100% recommended for any gamer.
    The most funny game in the gen.
  28. Oct 29, 2014
    THIS IS NOT A REVIEW:
    I hate it when people review a game that are obviously not even xbox one players. Those people who are giving this game a zero and in their profiles are only 10+ ratings for INFAMOUS or other PS4 titles. Please METACRITIC, a little bit research for user reviews. Thanks.

IT'S OK when i get deleted, i just want to tell why I'm so upset with this page
  29. Oct 28, 2014
    Boring and repetitive. Bad humour. Traversal sucks because it's on rails, it's like a very casual and acessible version of other better games. Short, tacked on co op, bad story. Too much boring ranged combat.... not worth it.
  30. Oct 28, 2014
    I'm having tons of fun with this game. Fantastic gameplay and graphics. It's really hard to imagine how someone can dislike a game like this. Game of the year so far for me.
  31. Oct 28, 2014
    A good game with its strenght in gameplay and style. great movement and traversal just makes it a blast to play and to look at. The story is a bit lackluster but filled with quirky humour and stuff to blow up!
    Great pickup for some relaxed play when you dont want the heavy story, its just great fun, nothing more nothing less
  32. Oct 28, 2014
    The game will get boring after an hour for most people its just mediocre at best, too much aimless grinding on bars and wires is just poorly done and makes the game feel more like a bad tony hawk with guns along with poorly designed enemies. Avoid
  33. Oct 28, 2014
    What an awesome game. And that's what it is, a game. Not another interactive movie. Sunset overdrive is laid back yet explosive and energetic at the same time. You would have to play it to know what I mean. I know your hard earned money has a lot of games burning through it this next month, but seriously give this game a try. I'm so glad gamers finally have a new IP this generation worthWhat an awesome game. And that's what it is, a game. Not another interactive movie. Sunset overdrive is laid back yet explosive and energetic at the same time. You would have to play it to know what I mean. I know your hard earned money has a lot of games burning through it this next month, but seriously give this game a try. I'm so glad gamers finally have a new IP this generation worth our money, not to mention many sequels. Keep it up Xbox. And PS4 haters, try it before you hate it. Seriously, go to a friends house with An Xbox and try this game out. Expand
  34. Oct 28, 2014
    Sunset Overdrive is a weird game for me. Not because of its story line or its graphics, but because I "really" want to like it, I "really" want to love it. I want another good exclusive on my Xbox One because my Dead Rising 3 is getting really lonely. I have played Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2 and I love Horizon 2, but this just didn't make the cut. It is along the path of Titanfall whereSunset Overdrive is a weird game for me. Not because of its story line or its graphics, but because I "really" want to like it, I "really" want to love it. I want another good exclusive on my Xbox One because my Dead Rising 3 is getting really lonely. I have played Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2 and I love Horizon 2, but this just didn't make the cut. It is along the path of Titanfall where it just doesn't do ENOUGH to warrant a purchase. Graphically I love the style, and colours that the game manages to explode out of the screen, but where it takes notes from Infamous and Crackdown, it also takes notes from rail shooters and timed event games.

I might come back to Sunset Overdrive eventually, and I might love it after it lowers down in price so I can pick it up, but my review copy just didn't do the Xbox One justice. I can't really handle the lame mission structure and holo characters. I can't really grasp why I need to always be moving on Rails or else I will die or lose points. It is too much like a game for children with attention problems. If you love it, good for you, it is perfectly fine to enjoy the game, but for me, it isn't worth 70 dollars.
  35. Oct 28, 2014
    It is a direct copy of infamus, jet
    set radio, is repetitive and
    ridiculous, is a simple shooter
    disguised as colors, monotone and
    totally forgettable It is a poor
    attempt to sandbox copy elements
    from several games being the worst
    of these, graphically boring colored
    blocks annoying characters
    everywhere.
  36. Oct 28, 2014
    I don't own and have never played this game before, but based on some user reviews this makes me perfectly qualified to pass judgement. I enjoy looking at the profiles of those awarding 0's. I shall refer to Stirling1712 as one such user who deems sunset overdrive to be worthy of a 0. However Stirling1712 does love playstation 4 versions of games, including alien isolation and destiny,I don't own and have never played this game before, but based on some user reviews this makes me perfectly qualified to pass judgement. I enjoy looking at the profiles of those awarding 0's. I shall refer to Stirling1712 as one such user who deems sunset overdrive to be worthy of a 0. However Stirling1712 does love playstation 4 versions of games, including alien isolation and destiny, both of which are deserving of 10s. If Stirling1712 had a life he'd realise that there is nothing to gain from reviewing games he doesn't own on systems he will never own a 0. Also, giving playstation games he owns a 10 does not vindicate his purchase decisions or make his playstation perform any better. Unlike sterling1712, I have reviewed this game an 8 because that is it's current critic average and until I own or play sunset overdrive I cannot pass judgement. Expand
  37. Oct 28, 2014
    I am calling ditto. And it is disparaging to see fanboys rate games at 0 because they are upset it isn't on their system. I have never played a game that was a 0.
    "Don't listen to the negative reviews, odds are they are Sony fan boys who wanna hate because this game isn't on their system. I have played about 11 hours so far and have had a blast! This is truly the first real next gen game to come out, and a fun one at that. The multiplayer could use more modes and be more linear, but the story and main mode that is offered. There is so much to do and see and also collect that this should keep you entertained for weeks and months, I highly recommend this game to anyone that is looking to have fun and blow stuff up."
  38. Oct 28, 2014
    Pretty much like everyone has already stated, these Xbox exclusives are subject to Sony/Nintendo fanboy pollution and grading's of 0/10. Do not fret, this simply shows how jealous one community is just because it's not on their console and i'll explain why.

Sunset Overdrive can simply be described in one word. FUN. If you like video games, like having fun, this game is for you. The game does have it's cheesy moments, but they are hilariously cheesy because this game does not take itself seriously. It's truly in it's own class and is somewhat of a nod to classic video games of the past with it's fun factor.

The traversal is tough at first, but easily mastered after a few hours, very fluid and never breaks the games fast parkour style mobility (no frame-rate drops, very smooth). The graphics and artwork are truly stunning. Imagine a Pixar movie, very colorful, very anti-grey like most games we have seen on next gen.

The sound is excellent. The music in the game fits the atmosphere perfectly. I tried to imagine a different soundtrack and just couldn't. The entire theme of the game just goes hand and hand with the audio.

The gameplay is extremely fun and takes open world gaming to the next level. I have seen many make comparisons to Jet Set Radio and other classic titles, but it does not compare to that of Sunset Overdrive.

I really don't know what else to say other than this game puts a huge smile on my face. It's been a while since that's happened. #GameOn
  39. Oct 28, 2014
    Great game can get enough. I have been playing this game non stop since i got it. Way to go Xbox for making such an awesome game. I have never had so much fun playing a game
  40. Oct 28, 2014
    Amazing action with a thrilling edge that doesn't stop. Incredible graphics with a unique art style that separates this title from other generic releases this holiday season.
  41. Oct 28, 2014
    Sunset overdrive is an awesome game! It wasn't really on my radar but I picked it up anyway. I'm glad I did. The game is fast and filled with hilarious fun moments, cool weapons and looks amazing! If you're a gamer looking for a great game to have fun with there is no excuse not to own Sunset Overdrive! Take my word for it - You'll have a blast. :)
  42. Oct 29, 2014
    Pretty much just a childs version of Infamous. Short campaign, repetitive game play with very limited story choices or dialogue choices. Could of been better.
  43. Oct 28, 2014
    This game has some bad user reviews because of Xbox one haters. Please don't listen to their reviews. Sunset overdrive is an good game. It's story is funny and just pure awesome, it customization is awesome, it's weapons are awesome and it's just the most AWESOMEPOCALYPSE you could find.
  44. Oct 28, 2014
  45. Oct 28, 2014
    silly , fast and funny. this game makes is a great hit from insomniac. really cool lots of weapons and a great unique characters. oddly i Find ps4 fans giving the game a bad score despite they don't have an Xbox one !!! kujaligula is one of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still the game is great for the xfans to enjoy before the mcc.
  46. Oct 28, 2014
    I'm a pc gamer, it's hard for me to switch to console games but I gave the game a try anyways. It turns out it was a really fun game and the art work is really cool. It is different than what I've ever seen before with other games. The monsters look pretty cool and vibrant. I like the happy colors. :)
  47. Oct 28, 2014
    I'm a massive Insomniac fan, so buying this was always going to happen. Despite Insomniac lowering the bar with their recent releases (Full frontal assault, all 4 one etc)

After playing the game it is really fun and arty as you would expect from Insomniac, these are par for the course. You can also expect a well made game with a lot of polish, nothing is broken and everything fits really well together. There are also some other things that come with Insomniac that you can expect. The game was blurry and jaggy which is not surprising as my favorite Insomniac games on the PS3, being the Ratchet and Clank Future series, were also blurry and jaggy. Its probably Insomniacs AA that they use. Its not a deal breaker, but it detracts from the amazing art in the game. So does the pop-in, but again, not deal breaking.

Other than that, my only gripe is that the missions are repetitive, and Insomniac have the nerve to crack 'jokes' about this repetition. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Other than that the game is great and tons of fun. If you have an Xbox One, I'd say go get the game now. If you don't have and Xbox One, then this game shouldn't be the reason you buy one... If it is, then at least get Halo MCC and Forza Horizon 2 to sweeten the deal.
  48. Nov 1, 2014
    repetitive at it's best. this game is nothing but just another game that was on the hyper bus from the hype it has received, nothing is good about it except the art style. everything else is boring and limited.

pros:
    art style

cons:
    everything else
  49. Oct 28, 2014
    This game isn't anything like i thought it was. It was colorful, but other than that the graphics are sup-par for what should be "next gen" it looked like a early xbox 360 game. the animations are poor, and the pop in is ridiculous annoying especially during cutscenes. The game is overall pretty short aswell, i was able to beat it in one sitting and than there wasnt much to do beside moreThis game isn't anything like i thought it was. It was colorful, but other than that the graphics are sup-par for what should be "next gen" it looked like a early xbox 360 game. the animations are poor, and the pop in is ridiculous annoying especially during cutscenes. The game is overall pretty short aswell, i was able to beat it in one sitting and than there wasnt much to do beside more repetitive missions that got more boring than anything. The gameplay is lackluster, this game bring s no innovation to the table and borrows ideas from many other games and inserts them extremely poorly. Overall, this isnt the game xbox one was looking for, its a poor game and a hugely disappointing exclusive. Expand
  50. Oct 29, 2014
    From the moment I started playing this game I experienced a strong sense of nostalgia. It reminded me of when I first played Super Mario brothers for the very first time and why I love video games so much! I highly recommend that all Xbox One owners purchase this incredible title so that Insomniac will continue to make more gems like this one. If you like action, fun, humor, and areFrom the moment I started playing this game I experienced a strong sense of nostalgia. It reminded me of when I first played Super Mario brothers for the very first time and why I love video games so much! I highly recommend that all Xbox One owners purchase this incredible title so that Insomniac will continue to make more gems like this one. If you like action, fun, humor, and are looking for something a bit different than all of the other video games out there (how many Call of Duty type games do we need), than pick up a copy of Sunset Overdrive! I wanted to play this one so much that I exchanged my Ps4 and Vita to get the White Xbox One bundle. Note: The only reason I am rating it a 9 is because I wish it included co-op for the campaign! Multiplayer is fun though!!! Expand
  51. Oct 29, 2014
    If you want Fun than that's the game for you, the history is nonsense but serves the game well, the graphics is awesome , the mechanics is awesome, The best Xbox One game of this generation.
  52. Oct 29, 2014
    You'll have a great time with this game. You know when a game gets this much praise from credible review sites and then you see a bunch of 0's, that means Sony fanboys are really upset they don't have the game. Take the credible reviewer's words and the fanboy's 0's as a sign that this game is awesome.
  53. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is just ok, and the reailty is that it is garnered towards the 10-16 year old age group. It is quirky at most times, and really the only thing it gets right is the freedom of the open world. The missions are repetitive, and that is an understatement. You may find yourself thinking on several occassions, "Didn't I just do this mission?" While the art style is unique somewhat, itThis game is just ok, and the reailty is that it is garnered towards the 10-16 year old age group. It is quirky at most times, and really the only thing it gets right is the freedom of the open world. The missions are repetitive, and that is an understatement. You may find yourself thinking on several occassions, "Didn't I just do this mission?" While the art style is unique somewhat, it is definitely not something that would be considered "next gen" material. I give it a 5/10 because there really is nothing there for the adult gamer, and the fact it feels like your repeating yourself mission after mission is a huge strike. Expand
  54. Oct 29, 2014
    This game delivers on all levels: the graphics are fantastic, the story is silly and fun, the gameplay is enjoyable, and more. I think it appropriate to refer to others in that this game blends aspects of games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Jet Set Radio, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

I would recommend trying it out. It's a lighthearted game that lacks serious consequences (it's fun to see all of the respawn animations) and, most importantly, is a blast to play.
  55. Oct 28, 2014
    Hey guys long time lurker, first time poster here. I been looking forward to this game for awhile..needless to say its average at best...the campaign is pretty short (then again most are these days) i clocked it in around 10 hours...there are side quest but im really not interested and there is little to all replay-ability, most quest are get this here then go there..the humour is greatHey guys long time lurker, first time poster here. I been looking forward to this game for awhile..needless to say its average at best...the campaign is pretty short (then again most are these days) i clocked it in around 10 hours...there are side quest but im really not interested and there is little to all replay-ability, most quest are get this here then go there..the humour is great and refreshing however the gameplay is fun but really lacking, single player is short...you can probably rent the game and finish it in half a night, the game itself looks amazing graphc wise, as for multiplayer i haven't really tried it yet, overall its ok but nothing groundbreaking. it feels like dead rising but less clunkier in a way if that makes sense 6/10 Expand
  56. Oct 29, 2014
    Honestly this is on of the best games out for the "Next-Gen's" acclaimed consoles. For as much action that is normally happening it flows very smooth and fluid. The main campaign is a little short, but nothing to get upset about, there are still side quests, challenges, and multiplayer to do. This game had me cracking up all the way to the very end, the writers at Insomniac did a fantasticHonestly this is on of the best games out for the "Next-Gen's" acclaimed consoles. For as much action that is normally happening it flows very smooth and fluid. The main campaign is a little short, but nothing to get upset about, there are still side quests, challenges, and multiplayer to do. This game had me cracking up all the way to the very end, the writers at Insomniac did a fantastic job with the narration, 4th wall breaking, and sneaking in references to other games, movies, and TV shows here-and-there. I can honestly say, without a doubt, this was/is the most fun I've had playing a game since probably Halo 2. Expand
  57. Oct 30, 2014
    Quirky, nostalgic and good fun. For anyone that grew up playing Tony Hawks Pro Skater listening to Sum 41.
    It's essentially Pop Culture crammed into a video game, oozing with witty humour and interesting gameplay.
    A definite must buy.
  58. Nov 13, 2014
    This game is great. The hate comes from the sony fanboys that just hate everything mircosoft and havent actually played the game. The humor can be hit or miss(although i enjoyed it for the most part) and the first hour or 2 can be quite boring as they explain every detail of the game. after that though the world is open to you and it gets much better. the combat is the strength of thisThis game is great. The hate comes from the sony fanboys that just hate everything mircosoft and havent actually played the game. The humor can be hit or miss(although i enjoyed it for the most part) and the first hour or 2 can be quite boring as they explain every detail of the game. after that though the world is open to you and it gets much better. the combat is the strength of this game. Really fun and it actually makes what may have been a more boring sidequest into a fun experience. The movement is extremely well done and the map design is a huge part of that. I found myself only sparingly using the fast travel because i enjoyed moving across the map using the rails and bounces. Great game and one that every xbox one owner should have! Expand
  59. Oct 29, 2014
    What a brilliant game, gameplay, graphics and sound are all perfect.

Really is a game to own.

With this game, Forza Horizon 2 and next month comes the amazing Halo Master Chief collection which includes FOUR games,32 campaign's and OVER 100 multiplayer maps plus more for the price of one game there never has been a better time to own an Xbox One.
    Happy days.
  60. Oct 29, 2014
    Great game. Makes me very happy to own an Xbox One. 3 hours in and I'm addicted. PS4 has nothing like this, and won't for the foreseeable future. Insomniac has created a masterpiece here that flies in the face of every banal, superfluous generic game out there, and provides exactly the kind of experience one could hope for in this sea of low-risk corporate creations, like Destiny and CoD.Great game. Makes me very happy to own an Xbox One. 3 hours in and I'm addicted. PS4 has nothing like this, and won't for the foreseeable future. Insomniac has created a masterpiece here that flies in the face of every banal, superfluous generic game out there, and provides exactly the kind of experience one could hope for in this sea of low-risk corporate creations, like Destiny and CoD. Xbox One is $250 right now: buy one, buy Sunset Overdrive, and enjoy. There's plenty more exclusive promising new ip's in the pipe, and this is just the beginning. Expand
  61. Oct 28, 2014
    Sunset overdrive is everything you would expect from the next ratchet and clank game, but less focused and set in an open world. I would have prefered insomniac keep to the original format for the games put this is a fun romp neveless.
  62. Oct 28, 2014
    Amazing game....best choice for next 2 months.. Thank Microsoft and Insomniac for this masterpiece. Icredible visuals and colorful scenarios....very beautiful effects and sounds... really cool game..
  63. Oct 29, 2014
    Fast, funny, gorgeous graphics... what else can I say? After Forza Horizon 2 one of the biggest launches of the year for XBOX ONE. Won't regret buying it. Definitely i would recommend it to anyone willing to play a nextgen true experience.
  64. Oct 29, 2014
    Easily one of the most fun experience i've had in gaming, imagine Jet Set Radio meets Crackdown...yep, it's THAT AWESOME

Graphics are insanely good and colorful, grinding and moving through the city is pure gaming bliss once you hav the tech down...Insomniac is back !
  65. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is just awesome.

Fast-paced with beautifully crafted mechanics and movements. Insomniac Games made a hell of a work into this game and I really recommend it to you. Every mission you have new fun objectives, the game never gets repetitive and its very well-crafted. Probably this is the first game ever I can say 'this is one of my favorites game ever' in less than one day.
    This game is just awesome.

Ignore the 0 fanboys/haters. They are here just to make the score go down.
  66. Oct 30, 2014
    We finally got an apocalypse game that doesn't try to explain the apocalypse with a virus. Not only that, but this game serves as a reminder that the Xbox One generates more than 90 different shades if brown, green, and grey. This game also takes elements from Dead Rising, by that I mean that the best way to not die is to stay off the ground and constantly move. It's great to finally see aWe finally got an apocalypse game that doesn't try to explain the apocalypse with a virus. Not only that, but this game serves as a reminder that the Xbox One generates more than 90 different shades if brown, green, and grey. This game also takes elements from Dead Rising, by that I mean that the best way to not die is to stay off the ground and constantly move. It's great to finally see a game that isn't a cliche survival game or a dudebro FPS. I'd have to say it's one of the best games currently on the Xbox One. If you own an Xbox One, there is no reason you shouldn't own this. Parents, your kids will love you if you buy this for your kid. Which is completely OK because there is an option to turn vulgarity and gore off. In conclusion, while it's not perfect, there MUST be a sequel. 8.7/10 Expand
  67. Oct 29, 2014
    This game is on my to play list. I'll return to review it fully once I've played through it. This post is to counter all the ridiculous, childish, ZEROs from people that never have and never will play the game.

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and PC gamer for life! Grow up kids, and if you're an adult, you should be ashamed of yourself.
  68. Oct 31, 2014
    Great game. ..arcade shooting action nonsense at it's best. . it's like dead rising 3 on a speed. . .meth. .and acid combo.

ignore the Sony fanboys down voting it, they're just deeply hurt it's not on the PS4. . .

Really .. .VERY. . deeply hurt.. .
  69. Oct 30, 2014
    If you look at the history reviews of the users that gave this great game 0 or 1, you will notice that they sistematically give 0 to some xbox exclusive games e not less than 9 to every single ps4 game. The only childish thing in here are this Sony fanboys, not this game that imo is a must have for a xbox owner. You will have hours and hours of crazy fun. Literally. Good job Insomniac!
  70. Oct 29, 2014
    I've logged 12 hours so far. This game gets exponentially more fun as you play it. It is an absolute blast. Get it. Don't let the negative reviews spoil a great experience. The game is beautiful. The comedy is original and funny. Never has a game made me laugh out loud like this. I would recommend this to anyone.
  71. Oct 29, 2014
    Amazing game filled with wacky humor and artistic flare. The game never takes itself too seriously and the over the top story and dialogue offers a lot of moments that will make you chuckle. The mechanics are spot on. The multiplayer is chaotic and amazingly fun when youre in a game filled with several other people bouncing and grinding all over the map.

Don't let this one pass you up,

Don't let this one pass you up, its been worth the wait and one of the few games of 2014 that actually delivers.
  72. Oct 29, 2014
    I had high expectations of this game cuz it seemed to have a borderlands, dead rising kind of vibe to it. it did have that but it got really lame, really quick. after 2 whole hours i found myself yawning uncontrollably. the game tries to stimulate a person with the vibrant colors (i'm assuming to make up for the repetition and childish boring dialect) but it doesn't work. this game SUCKS.
  73. Oct 29, 2014
    Sunset Overdrive has some excellent ideas, but its ultra-repetitive. bad mission design and unsatisfying enemy encounters. it feels like some sort of borderlands and 11 rip off. controls are crap. and it is so boring after 4 hours. do not believe the hype. after destiny and WD another just hype game .
  74. Nov 4, 2014
    I don't normally get on with 3rd person shooters, but this game just gelled. After an hour getting used to some tricky and un-natural feeling controls (right bumper and x whist in the air for example), the game soon became natural and movement flowed like I imagine the developers imagined. So, be prepared for a small learning curve and some dexterous fingers in the early stages of theI don't normally get on with 3rd person shooters, but this game just gelled. After an hour getting used to some tricky and un-natural feeling controls (right bumper and x whist in the air for example), the game soon became natural and movement flowed like I imagine the developers imagined. So, be prepared for a small learning curve and some dexterous fingers in the early stages of the game. Luckily, the early stages are the weaker area of the game, (the dialog, missions and abilities, are all somewhat poorer than the later stages of the game. (About 2 hours in, things pick up).
    This game, for me, is new, fresh and amusing. The story is bonkers as are the weapons. The city looks fab and I personally love the soundtrack, those who don't like some lightweight punk music may not like it so much, but it so fits the game. Characters are funny, even though I did prefer the female voice for the main character. The in game cut-scenes are fantastic (where beating a boss especially).

Would I recommend this, of course I would. (And with it appearing as a digital download for way under £50 (unlike all other AAA titles at launch), digital is almost as competitive as buying a copy at Tesco.

Great game, just what the Xbox One needed.
  75. Oct 31, 2014
    Being a teenager is almost synonymous with dreaming and exaggerating. And this is by channeling young and impulsive spirit which is not too much to say that "Sunset Overdrive", the exclusive Xbox One, is so far the best production of new generation computer games as well.
  76. Nov 5, 2014
    Whoever said that Sunset Overdrive was 'repetitive' was not playing the same game I played. In fact, Sunset Overdrive may be the most diverse gameplay experience I've had in a game in a long time. Defending, Collecting, Grinding, Train-hopping and of course Boss-fighting are some of the many things you do in this wild, insane ride. The best way to describe this game would be a crossWhoever said that Sunset Overdrive was 'repetitive' was not playing the same game I played. In fact, Sunset Overdrive may be the most diverse gameplay experience I've had in a game in a long time. Defending, Collecting, Grinding, Train-hopping and of course Boss-fighting are some of the many things you do in this wild, insane ride. The best way to describe this game would be a cross between Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Saints Row and Jet Set Radio. You are constantly on the move, grinding and shooting your foes from place to place. The breakneck pace of this game can wear down on you after many hours, but it doesn't 'get old'. So if I'm saying all this great stuff, why didn't I give it a 10 instead of a 9? Well my problem is the lack of other activities to do in the open world. I can play and replay all the missions and side missions to my hearts content but... what else can i do? It has become the standard of open world games to have collectibles, activities and mini-games to waste your time when you aren't doing the main missions. Sunset Overdrive checks all of these boxes except for activities. Can I forget about the lack of activities and still enjoy Sunset Overdrive? Of course I can! It's a f@#*ing video game! Expand
  77. Nov 5, 2014
    This game is the most fun I've had in such a long time! It speaks exactly to my style and taste. It's bright, fun, colorful, weird, crazy, funny, wacky. It takes everything to the extreme. Any minor complaints I might have are drowned out by how much fun I'm having and how much I enjoy the world of Sunset City. It feels real and alive despite it being the apocalypse. If you countThis game is the most fun I've had in such a long time! It speaks exactly to my style and taste. It's bright, fun, colorful, weird, crazy, funny, wacky. It takes everything to the extreme. Any minor complaints I might have are drowned out by how much fun I'm having and how much I enjoy the world of Sunset City. It feels real and alive despite it being the apocalypse. If you count verticality (which you should) the map is HUGE! There is graffiti everywhere, billboards you can deface yourself, countless challenges to perfect to win clothes to customize your character. Items to collect that don't feel useless. tiny tiny SPOILER ahead i guess? idk : Satellites to hack and listen in on the citizens. SPOILER OVER :P Tons of side quests and generally an amazing city to discover. Everywhere you go you'll find something else interesting to see. Seriously, these game designers could be architects and city planners. There are also lots of nice touches and surprises. Certain things in the world act the way you would expect. If I smash that fire hydrant will it explode out a stream of water? yep! If I smash that atm or newspaper machine will money be found inside? yessir! And all throughout the city if you ever think, can i grind/bounce/wall run/vault/etc. on that thing? The answer 99.9% of the time is yes. This game uses so many different mechanics and mission types that every mission feels new and different even if it's just a combination of the things you did before. Defend this item/person, kill these enemies, find these objects, carry this object to this place, shoot this thing, etc. And yet they all feel unique. Missions that might be boring in another game, fetch quests, kill x amount of enemies, are surprisingly fun. It features many different enemy types and tons of different types of weapons so that how you play is somewhat unique to you and can change on a dime. Get new weapons, amps, and overdrives (smaller boosting abilities earned through badges) and mix and match to fit your play style. You're rewarded for how you play, earning badges that can be used towards the overdrives. Using your weapons levels them up, etc. A lot of the negativity that I've heard is people disliking the humor and the writing. Which I guess sometimes can miss the mark slightly. But I'm so in love with the gameplay/characters/environment/customization that I don't care. Maybe they'll improve that in their DLC or their next game if they make another (please make another!!). Seriously, I challenge you to play this game and try to get into it and not fall in love. I think people that dislike this game either take themselves too seriously or were trying to take the game too seriously. It knows it's a video game, you know it's a video game, just have fun!! (: Expand
  78. Oct 30, 2014
    Great game in several respects, excellent control and very colorful.

The gameplay reminds me of Jet Set Radio series immediately and the game system for Dead Rising, combining other games and even making fun of them, it's a game you should not miss.

The music is ok, but only connoisseurs of the genre will put the attention that deserve.

If you have a Xbox One, is a must have game!
  79. Oct 29, 2014
    Very enjoyable a good mix of humour its been a while since I had a non serious game the more I play the more I like it , negative feedback is strange but I guess that's just envy as the game is fun indeed.
  80. Oct 30, 2014
    Lets put all the console fanboys aside and get a real review. This game is colorful and smooth even when things get hectic. This is a perfect mix of saints row and tony hawk. At times the fast pace gets hard to control with the camera movement. Sense of humor and fun missions is what makes this game a blast. Its fun to even die in the game. Its not meant to be taken seriously and that'sLets put all the console fanboys aside and get a real review. This game is colorful and smooth even when things get hectic. This is a perfect mix of saints row and tony hawk. At times the fast pace gets hard to control with the camera movement. Sense of humor and fun missions is what makes this game a blast. Its fun to even die in the game. Its not meant to be taken seriously and that's whats so great about it. Expand
  81. Nov 2, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative reviews most of them are sony fanboys. This game is fantastic. All the fanboys wish they had this game on their console or should i say any kind of game to play on their ps4's.
  82. Nov 3, 2014
    This game is a lot of pure and simple fun. Everything in it is refreshing and makes me think about the next time ill have the opportunity to play it again like very few games. I strongly recommend it. And if you don't have the XB1 get the white bundle for $350. Cant get any better than that.
  83. Oct 28, 2014
    In my opinion, Sunset Overdrive is a good game and can be fun if you are looking to Zone-out for a while. That's not a bad thing in it's self, but those looking for more depth may be disappointed.

The game can be repetitive at times and can suffer from Ubisofts 'litter the map with mini missions'. As a long time Insomniac fan, the game is better than I was expecting coming from a studio that has managed to slip from favour offering up 10 games in 7years on the PS3. Most of which were sloppy cash-ins. This combined with the rate that Microsoft seem to loose 3rd party exclusives may put some off buying it 'right now'.

But this isn't about the developer or publisher, it's about the game! And as I say, as it can be repetitive or mind numbing, it can also be mindlessly fun, which is always welcome if your in that mood. It also runs quite well on the XBO compared to other open world Zombi titles ;)

Regardless I think its still worth a bash if you have the time/ money and I hope that the next Ratchet and Clank game gets the same Insomniac treatment.
  84. Nov 3, 2014
    This game is extremely fun, the art style is terrific and it does a hell of a job making fun of itself, the characters are charismatic, fun and just likable. Gameplay is superb and the animations are well done and fluid, the small details in sunset overdrive make it a great game, but its not without it's flaws, Story though funny it's not really interesting. Also the missions can get a bitThis game is extremely fun, the art style is terrific and it does a hell of a job making fun of itself, the characters are charismatic, fun and just likable. Gameplay is superb and the animations are well done and fluid, the small details in sunset overdrive make it a great game, but its not without it's flaws, Story though funny it's not really interesting. Also the missions can get a bit repetitive at times.
    All those people giving it zero are just fanboys.
  85. Nov 3, 2014
    yep the story is cheeze, but the game never try to be serious, its really fun for me, its kind of a combination of old tony hawk skater games with a shooter. Game plays really well so you can pull off some fancy moves without much trouble and I just love the art-style. If you're looking for having some fun its a great game.
  86. Oct 29, 2014
    So far I have played Sunset Overdrive a couple of hours, and let me a good taste of mouth. I do not think this game will be a reason to buy an Xbox One, but for the actual owners of such console I think it a great option to have lot of fun, almost a must have game.

I would try to update my review with more time invested in the game so stay tunned... jajajaja
  87. Nov 5, 2014
    If you like old skool fun games, this one is for you. You don't have to think too hard, you just get to jump in and play. Story? Sure, I guess. Fun? Hells yeah.
  88. Oct 30, 2014
    I hate the controls they are just not that great on this game they are just cumbersome. I have found the humour to be pretty childish through most the game with the exception of one or two moments. The game though is initially enjoyable however it does get very repetitive i.e travel from A to B via C, I do feel the game has been overhyped and have been disappointed with it on the whole.I hate the controls they are just not that great on this game they are just cumbersome. I have found the humour to be pretty childish through most the game with the exception of one or two moments. The game though is initially enjoyable however it does get very repetitive i.e travel from A to B via C, I do feel the game has been overhyped and have been disappointed with it on the whole. Would recommend people rent before anyone commits their hard earned cash. Expand
  89. Oct 31, 2014
    What a hodgepodge game full of style over substance with Juvenile yet sharp humor , even though it borrows from Borderlands, Jet Set Radio, GTA , Infamous , Dead Rising and others of that ilk, this game still feels fresh and new and just so vibrant and lively !!! Please play this with the profanity filter on it's even more hilarious , don't ask me why, see ya in Sunset Overdrive.
  90. Nov 3, 2014
    A new fun game that doesn't take itself seriously, this game is great fun and in ways it's humour is cheesy but for the most part it's quite amusing especially the references to gaming forums. The frame rate Is solid with plenty of action on screen, it's a fun fun game.
  91. Oct 31, 2014
    This game is incredible from start to finish. This beauty is a Sandbox game, but don't think of GTA or even Saints Row because this game is in a different playing field entirely. In fact, so far its in a different field from most games, because this game has twisted Genres into something new and unique.

Movement is one of the biggest stars in mechanics here, and it is based off not

Movement is one of the biggest stars in mechanics here, and it is based off not cars, not running and not flying - but it feels way cooler than any of those alternatives. In this game you use almost every surface to grind, bounce, swing, slide and wall run your way around the city. And this game was brilliantly designed with this in mind - every ten feet or so there are opportunities to travel in style as opposed to staying on the ground. It's so well designed that you don't need to know the layout of a area to effectively travel it - after the first hour of game play you can confidently jump off any building or power line and mid-flight find something to aim for to continue your line unbroken. There is literally no areas where you can't do this - even a giant harbor splitting parts of the city has ways to bounce and swing over it without pause. It hits an incredible balance of fun, convenience, and challenge. In fact, the game offers fast travel, but even if my destination was on the opposite side of the map (which, by the way, is not huge, but impressively diverse and large nonetheless), I would forgo the fast travel because its just a blast to move around.

The second mechanic, the fighting, is ridiculous, explosive, and always interesting. There are a few normal guns - but those all take the backseat the the home-made guns that are born of a crazy and brilliant mind. There are launchers that shoot Chinese fireworks instead of grenades, a flamethrower-shotgun abomination - a freaking pack of roman candles converted into some form of automatic flaming storm of colors and pain.

Combine these two elements, with style, and you get Sunset Overdrive. You can fight enemies from the ground, but you will just make an easy target to be overrun. No, instead you will bounce off cars, grind handrails, and fling yourself off streetlights - all while gunning down hordes of enemies, which will not be difficult since you only have to aim NEAR any enemy for the gun to lock on. so the game does help with aim assist, but that's really just because you are probably in the middle of a sick grind and is kind enough to let you focus on both while trying to not frustrate you. Do this, and you will build up a combo multiplier - essential, because you can pick and choose abilities that activate at these certain levels that really turn the tide of combat. And the design of the environment means there is never a lack of options on how you want to avoid having your boots on the ground while fighting.

This is a brilliant combination of mechanics, and I'll tell you why: Sunset Overdrive is not that hard to play. You can just sit on one rail or bounce off one object and, at least with enemies that have no guns, just shoot at the horde while staying out of their grasp. But in the same sense, you could always just snowboard straight down a mountain or go through a skate park while avoiding any ramps or rails.
    You don't want to avoid those opportunities for tricks. You want to build that combo chain. And those enemies are just one small part of the chain - a kill counts in your combo. You want to see if you can shoot six people while leaping from the kiosk to the firetruck. You want to end your wall-run with a leap to an air vent a bandit is on to split him in half and jump to the next handrail in the same moment. You want to feel cool and look cool while doing it. This combat, combined with the movement and combo, means you can try to tackle the sweetest moves you can manage while taking on the enemies, and if you can't handle both you can always slow down or take less chances in where you jump. In a sense, you can choose the difficulty on the fly, and focus on whats important as you go - do it quickly and easily and with some style, or do it like a flying, unstoppable bad ass?

I spent all my words writing about the mechanics, but that doesn't mean the rest of the game is lacking. The graphics are great, stylish and colorful like album art or a concert poster come to life. In fact, the same could be said of the characters and music - unforgettable and interesting. The dialogue is hilarious and clever, fourth-wall breaking fun that is self-aware. No lines feel forced or lame. The character customization is fairly deep, and your character is fully voice-acted and feels like a real part of the world. The only complaint is the story is a bit short - but there is very little repetition, every mission is a blast and can be replayed anytime.

This game is pure, quality fun. Which is what a game should be - and S.O. delivers that in spades.
  92. Nov 3, 2014
    A superb start for a new franchise, Sunset Overdrive brings the old style of games that we all used to love, a simple and colorful game just focused on the fun and on the amusement, but Sunset Overdrive is more, a very big open world game with great and easy fun, brilliant jokes about everything (but the best ones are about games), Sunset Overdrive is superb in all the ways, the gameplayA superb start for a new franchise, Sunset Overdrive brings the old style of games that we all used to love, a simple and colorful game just focused on the fun and on the amusement, but Sunset Overdrive is more, a very big open world game with great and easy fun, brilliant jokes about everything (but the best ones are about games), Sunset Overdrive is superb in all the ways, the gameplay is precise, the graphics are gorgeous, the fun is awesome and the explosions, well, just superb. Expand
  93. Oct 29, 2014
    As an all rounder of gaming and not a fanboy that rates everthing 9's or 10's just to get a metacritic high score for the fanboy console of choice I found this game actually quite fun to play but after a good few hours of gaming I just started to find it a bit repetitive not saying it's a bad thing but for me I felt myself just grinding through it (excuse the pun) doing the same old sameAs an all rounder of gaming and not a fanboy that rates everthing 9's or 10's just to get a metacritic high score for the fanboy console of choice I found this game actually quite fun to play but after a good few hours of gaming I just started to find it a bit repetitive not saying it's a bad thing but for me I felt myself just grinding through it (excuse the pun) doing the same old same old just to get the game over and done with. Expand
  94. Oct 29, 2014
    You know that game that happens one per gen? that fresh, funny and humourous experience that makes you crave more and more...this game it's just that, didn't expect such glorious gaming bliss, a spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio with guns on the side, extremely satisfied with my purchase
  95. Oct 30, 2014
    Another game that my kid and his friends would enjoy. Very goofy and colorful, the story is bland and very predictable and easily geared towards tweens and children. Pass if you'r e looking for mature games or are a man-child. If I wanted to play kid games I'd play the Wii U with my son.
  96. Oct 30, 2014
    Now what do we have here, first of all if you liked the Ratchet and Clank series you will love this game, if you like mindlessly getting off track in open world games, you will like this game, if you like extreme wackiness YOU WILL LIKE THIS GAME!
    Sunset overdrive is a game where it doesn't take itself seriously and consistently breaks the 4th wall, it's fun and offers plenty to do. It's not as easy as it looks either and can, and most likely will, keep you entertained for hours.
    Only drawback for me personally is at the moment not enough variety in the multiplayer (still fun though). Other than this reason it was more than worth the buy.
  97. Nov 3, 2014
    Have you ever played a mix between Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicot and GTA? No? If you want to try, this is the game to play!

Humorous quests, fun gameplay and weapon handling, getting high combos increases mayhem, fun and explositivity. I'm having great fun playing this game single player or with random people from around the world. The graphics and frame rate feel great, no slowdowns

The graphics and frame rate feel great, no slowdowns even in the most chaotic fights, with fireworks and explosions all over the screen.

If something would have to be negative it would be that the main quest can feel a bit short. Else it is only great fun if you want a laid back AAA game!
  98. Nov 3, 2014
    I am certain that the negative user reviews on here are from Sony Fanboys. If you've played this game you'll appreciate it's many plus points.. It looks amazing, the gameplay is fast and fluid - it's dead rising crossed with Tony hawks and so much more! The art style is just gorgeous. A must own for Xbox One owners.
  99. Nov 3, 2014
    For me is one of the most entertaining games in years, forget about the physics, forget about the realism that only make games boring and linear.... hell of a trip !!!
  100. Nov 10, 2014
    FUN!FUN!FUN!
    FUN!FUN!FUN!
    That is the nest thing way to describe this game!The humour was so amazing i kept laughing at all the funny insults, awkward moments and an array of many different emotion! Ifelt happy,sad,touched,kicked off my chir by the amazing way it just was a complete and perfect game. The guns were out of this world and ridiculous but in an awesome way!I love this game! easily in my top 3 for this year so far!Love you insomniac!

1. Dec 8, 2014
    It seems like it was made for an audience of gamers over a decade ago, brimming with try-hard references and cringe-worthy jokes. Penetrate the skin, and you’ve got a serviceable game at the core. But a ten-hour journey to the centre of what makes Sunset Overdrive good feels more like a voyage to the centre of the earth.
  2. Dec 6, 2014
    Best approached as you would any caffeinated energy drink. In small gulps, it offers an exhilarating sugar rush, but too much will leave you with a headache. As such, it's best consumed in moderation. [Christmas 2014, p.104]
    Its best elements are subdued by a repetitious structure. [Issue#118, p.52]