6.6

1. May 14, 2014
    Capy give us the frantic shooter that both we and the Xbox One deserve, and it's fantastic.

In short Super Time Force is a game that begs to be played in the most ridiculous ways. The entire core mechanic of the game revolves around running like a bloody mad man, shooting everything that moves, and dying. Over and over again. That's when you "Time Out". With the touch of a button you

That's when you "Time Out".
    With the touch of a button you can rewind time, undoing everything that took place before. However upon resuming the game, now safe from harms way, you get to witness what happened in your past life form a different body.
    This is when Super Time Force strays more into the realms of a complex science puzzler than anything else. You must always be thinking, where could I be now compared to where I was in my past life? Which enemy killed me last time? Might I kill him this time and create a time paradox in which my last character lives? (…)
    As complicated as it may sound, the game presents it in such a way that anyone can pick it up after the brief tutorial mission.

The game follows the titular group "Super T.I.M.E Force", a rag tag group of warriors who must travel through time to save the future. (Hilarious names, and phenomenal writing are also included)

Visually the game is a masterpiece. Vividly coloured pixel art fills the screen with life, and never seems out of place. The visual style goes hand in hand with the extremely imaginative levels for which you will be spending about 6 or 7 hours on an initial play through.
    The music is a pleasant surprise as well, creating a sense of desperation and necessary rush, while maintaining it's place alongside the gorgeous visuals.

Super Time Force is possibly the smartest silly game ever to come around. It's a great laugh and a lot of fun with multiple people, despite the lack of multiplayer it's an easy game to pass the controller with.
    It is definitely in good standings to be the game to be playing this spring.

A 9 out of 10.

Jack Valentine
  2. May 15, 2014
    This game is quite honestly the most fun I've had in ages. The game is hilarious, and puts a casual and nonchalant spin on the flow of time, and executes the concept perfectly. It is so refreshing that Capy Games have delivered us a unique side-scrolling run-and-gun game, which truly requires you to think through what you are doing. Singleplayer co-op (sounds crazy right?) turns this gameThis game is quite honestly the most fun I've had in ages. The game is hilarious, and puts a casual and nonchalant spin on the flow of time, and executes the concept perfectly. It is so refreshing that Capy Games have delivered us a unique side-scrolling run-and-gun game, which truly requires you to think through what you are doing. Singleplayer co-op (sounds crazy right?) turns this game into a complex tactical puzzle game as well!
    As an example, imagine running through a level, dying (a lot), deciding where to position yourself in relation to your last life, then trying to save the previous iteration of yourself, creating a paradox where your last character lives, and then harvest him to level you up. Or sprinting though a level, rewinding, dying, rewinding, dying, until you have a whole army of yourself taking down wacky boss fights.
    The pixel art looks fabulous, and is one of the main reasons the game feels so natural, along with the fast-but-pleasant music. This game is not serious, but it's an absolute laugh, and It is definitely worth the money!
    10/10 gameplay.
    9/10 length.
    10/10 replayability.
    9/10 visuals.
  3. May 17, 2014
    Super T.I.M.E Force combines excellent 2D action and platforming but with a twist. You can go back in time and fight alongside your past playthrough. This turns out to be a well implemented gameplay mechanic that adds a smart new twist the formula and makes the game into a more thoughtful and strategic game. The core gameplay is also very fun.
  4. May 17, 2014
    This game is awesome, full of action and funny moment, a good arcade game for the xbox one! Nice easter egg to. Love the oldschool game, remind me the time when resolution and fps was not that important, Good old time :(
  5. Jun 4, 2014
    I was skeptical at first being a retro shooter in all. To my surprise this game is one of the best games to come out. I couldn't get enough because it's so different. It's like metal slug meets Zelda majoras mask. It's not just shooting through the game but you have to think of the best scenario to finish.The level in the allowed time traveling through time lol. Epic not to mention theI was skeptical at first being a retro shooter in all. To my surprise this game is one of the best games to come out. I couldn't get enough because it's so different. It's like metal slug meets Zelda majoras mask. It's not just shooting through the game but you have to think of the best scenario to finish.The level in the allowed time traveling through time lol. Epic not to mention the amount of unlockable characters.After you finish the game guarantee you will go back to beat it 100% Expand

1. Oct 22, 2014
    We aren't sure all of the design decisions work, but if you're into the concept, Commander Repeatski and crew are still assuredly worth hanging out with for a weekend or two.
  2. Sep 15, 2014
    Super Time Force is charming as all hell, as well as incredibly funny. The shooting is not as precise as you’d want, but the concept is nice, and who can actually say no to a trip through time and space?
  3. Jun 29, 2014
    A clever time-travelling action game that makes most platformers feel shallow by comparison. [Aug 2014, p.71]