8.4

1. Jun 13, 2015
    This game is amazing. It is a very easy for a casual player to pick this up and run with it and have fun easily. Even if MMORPGs are not your forte. I can be a bit overwhelming because the way the game was designed, every player can play every class, use any weapon and practically be viable.

The exploration is also free in the sense that mob level scales with you regardless of the area so you do not have to follow the same path as the game intends. It is a immersive, content filled adventure that will definitely keep you entertained for a long time! The multiplayer portion allows about 100 players to go to war at once.
  2. Jun 16, 2015
    This is a great MMO. No, it's not Skyrim, but it was never meant to be. If you go in thinking, "Oh, this can be co-op Skyrim!" you'll be sorely disappointed. Yes, it has it's fair share of fetch quests, and while they get old, they are balanced out by some truly great and deep quests. You'll probably see a lot of complaints about graphics, and while the game won't amaze you with graphics,This is a great MMO. No, it's not Skyrim, but it was never meant to be. If you go in thinking, "Oh, this can be co-op Skyrim!" you'll be sorely disappointed. Yes, it has it's fair share of fetch quests, and while they get old, they are balanced out by some truly great and deep quests. You'll probably see a lot of complaints about graphics, and while the game won't amaze you with graphics, it won't disappoint you either. Remember, its an MMO, and MMOs are way more focused on building a huge world and awesome group content than stop you in your tracks graphics.
    Moving along, the PVP is great in this game. The area of the world it takes place in is HUGE. Storming a keep with 50 other players has been one of the most fun experiences I've had in a very long time.
    Lastly, the crafting in this game is sooooo good. If you've played MMO's before than you'll know how cookie cutter everyone eventually looks. But ESO does a great job by making the crafting relevant endgame. You're an orc who uses a giant axe, but you want to wear nord pants and a wood elf light armor helmet? That's 100% possible.
    In summary, this is a fantastic game, IF you dont go in expecting it to be Skyrim 2.0. Treat it for what it is, an action oriented MMO, and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  3. Jun 11, 2015
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game. My BF Hardline & FIFA15 are collecting dust. COD advanced warfare was used on a trade for this game. So glad I got it. I'm loving it. Hope they fix the connectivity issues. But other than that. It's a great game.
  4. Jun 13, 2015
    Solid game. Needs text chat, but it feels like an Elder Scrolls game. I am enjoying it very much. As an MMO the classes and freedom to do what you want is great. Dungeons are fun and boss mechanics are a blast. Tanking has been enjoyable.
  5. Jun 13, 2015
    ESO is an MMORPG you can't miss, it meshes your typical Bethesda RPG into an MMO world and pulls it off beautifully! First and foremost this is an MMO game and there will be other players, and a lot of them.

The controls map out onto the XB1 Controller very intuitively. The combat is incorporated well for an MMO, think Skyrim aiming and swinging with a mix of dodging and blocking.

Unfortunately archery has been "dumbed down" from the likes of Skyrim, however this is understandably given it's an mmo. Archery in ESO is more of a "aim at your target and pull the trigger" deal. There's no real predictive aiming or bonus for headshots.

Leveling and character development is not like your typical MMO, while you do pick a race and class, your skills come from much more than just that. Different weapons have their own skill trees that players can assign points and gain abilities from. Everything here is very open ended and allows for a huge amount of freedom.

Graphics look great, while not as high as on PC they've done a great job on the XB1, the draw distance is very large and really aids in immersing you into the world. There is the occasional stuttering as you traverse towns but nothing that directly hinders the game.

All in all, ESO is a rock solid MMORPG and anyone looking for a online game with a fantasy setting should look no further, this game will keep you entertained for hours upon hours!
  6. Jun 18, 2015
    I don't understand all the bad reviews. This game is amazing. It's not the best next gen graphics but it's the best mmo graphics I have seen. Once you reach level 10 and can go to pvp the game goes to another level. It's probably realistically a 8.5 due to some small issues that seem to be slowly worked out. If you try this game do not quit before you try the pvp. It's the best pvp of anyI don't understand all the bad reviews. This game is amazing. It's not the best next gen graphics but it's the best mmo graphics I have seen. Once you reach level 10 and can go to pvp the game goes to another level. It's probably realistically a 8.5 due to some small issues that seem to be slowly worked out. If you try this game do not quit before you try the pvp. It's the best pvp of any game in my opinion. Great team work and most everyone uses their headset and the chat system for this game is also very nice. Expand
  7. Jun 21, 2015
    After the first day of login queues, it's fun to get in and wander around doing quests with other people in ESO. Everyone marking this game a 0 that also states they could never play isn't reviewing the game, they're just trolling, so this is to offset that. The queues are entirely gone now and anyone that gave this a 0 becausee they "Couldn't play!" should really reconsider.
  8. Jun 13, 2015
    If you are not an MMO snob, you will like this game. There are lots of crybabies on these reviews. You had to wait a whole entire day while the servers adjusted to people logging in? Wah. There are bugs, they will be fixed. Combat is not that bad, it plays like any other elder scrolls game. No one said this game was going to be a life changing event, so if you were expecting theIf you are not an MMO snob, you will like this game. There are lots of crybabies on these reviews. You had to wait a whole entire day while the servers adjusted to people logging in? Wah. There are bugs, they will be fixed. Combat is not that bad, it plays like any other elder scrolls game. No one said this game was going to be a life changing event, so if you were expecting the greatest game ever made you were stupid to buy this in the first place.

I agree that there are issues, especially with the amount of players on the servers. The quests seem way too short and easy at times, and you will be surrounded by about thirty players while waiting to talk to the NPCs. My main complaint is that there is a lack of stuff! I am level 8 and I have only come across two or three weapons and zero armor while on quests. Enemies need to drop more goodies after they die Bethesda!

However, the artwork is beautiful, the voice overs are much better than the previous installments, there is a rich story line if you actually take the time to listen, and the world is gargantuan. This is the first game I have played where I feel obligated to create more than one character because the faction you are aligned with dictates where the games starting point is.

In conclusion, I am happy to finally be able to play ESO since I do not play games on the PC. I guarantee this game will grow on you if you have an open mind and remember its not supposed to emulate perfection.
  9. Jun 13, 2015
    I really enjoy this game. IT IS NOT SKYRIM!!! It IS an MMO!!! Comparing 2 games of different genres is akin to comparing Skyrim and COD. Comparing any game to Skyrim is going to be an exercise in futility. Skyrim is one of the top games ever made. This game is a great MMO, I have played a few MMOs and this one is up there with The Old Republic. I enjoy it. It would have a 10 if the serversI really enjoy this game. IT IS NOT SKYRIM!!! It IS an MMO!!! Comparing 2 games of different genres is akin to comparing Skyrim and COD. Comparing any game to Skyrim is going to be an exercise in futility. Skyrim is one of the top games ever made. This game is a great MMO, I have played a few MMOs and this one is up there with The Old Republic. I enjoy it. It would have a 10 if the servers were reliable. I will change my score if that changes. Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2015
    This game is a very well done mixture of normal Elder Scrolls games with an MMO. The world is beautiful with great open expanses with, probably, the best lighting system I have ever seen in a game. The combat is Dynamic and skill based which involves movement and is very well done and extremely fun and addictive. ALL characters are fully voiced and all have their own story to tell withThis game is a very well done mixture of normal Elder Scrolls games with an MMO. The world is beautiful with great open expanses with, probably, the best lighting system I have ever seen in a game. The combat is Dynamic and skill based which involves movement and is very well done and extremely fun and addictive. ALL characters are fully voiced and all have their own story to tell with some great detail in quests, caves and dungeons. A very good community. End game dungeons and raids are very good for MMO players to enjoy with a massive amount of content. Over 300 hours easily.

Although the game is not like it's predecessors and single player elder scrolls games ti still has the feel of one. being able to go into first person with vast open zones. Although there is not as much freedom in exploration as in Skyrim, it is still very good and rewarding.

The 'Skill' system is one of the best I have seen in any MMO with the freedom to use any weapon or armor with any class. Classes are also very open and free but all players still have access to deep and meaningful charterer progression.

The graphics are not as good as 'Next Gen' games but that is due to it being an MMO and for MMO standards the graphics are amazing. Especially when you think about the 200 Vs 200 PvP battles and sieges which are awesome.

Another great mechanic is the phasing which makes you feel as if you are actually making a difference to the world you are in. A good example of this would be A quest where A city had been overtaken by werewolves and I had to complete an attack to drive them out. After I finished the quest all the werewolves were gone and the city was filled with friendly NPC's.

Questing is very good with meaningful decisions that can really make you think. Most quest progression is shared although not all quest progression is shared so at some points your group members will be separated from you until they get to the same point in the quest. However this does not take away from the greatness of the game. The main story is engaging with interesting characters and fun missions.

Overall the game is definitely worth a buy for most people and is definitely worth a buy.
  11. Jun 23, 2015
    This one was worth the wait. The game is helping to define a new generation of MMO's and is large and full of rich content. One can lose themselves in the exploration of this wonderful world of Tamriel. The gameplay is fun and exciting and there seems to be no end to the character development. In the years to come, this will be the benchmark that all other MMO's aspire to. Bravo to Bethesda.
  12. Jun 13, 2015
    Brilliant game, ESO is full of features and has constantly been a fun game to play. There's plenty of skills you can level from the start and loads more that you can learn from guilds and quests. Like other TES games, you have crafting skills, combat skills that cover melee, magic and ranged and the armour skills to match each class. On top of that, you have guild specific skills, raceBrilliant game, ESO is full of features and has constantly been a fun game to play. There's plenty of skills you can level from the start and loads more that you can learn from guilds and quests. Like other TES games, you have crafting skills, combat skills that cover melee, magic and ranged and the armour skills to match each class. On top of that, you have guild specific skills, race specific skills, class specific skills and 'Alliance War' skills that are more focused towards team/siege abilities (as well as a load more that I haven't discovered yet!).

The map is absolutely massive, covering a majority of Tamriel, with Cyrdoiil acting as the main battle ground for the huge alliance wars that are server wide. You'll find that the game may be an MMO, but it's solo friendly as well, so if you'd rather play it alone then that's no problem, although I would recommend getting involved in the wars as they can get pretty incredible and epic.

As a long term fan of TES that has played every game from Daggerfall and onwards, I'd definitely recommend picking this 'instalment' up.
  13. Jun 14, 2015
    Played the beta for PC and just picked it up for the Xbox One. Immensely better all around and having a blast with my friends. Hands down the best console MMO I have ever played. The community has been great so far. There are a few wrinkles here and there but that is expected with a game launch this big. I firmly believe things will be fully ironed out in the months to come.
  14. Jun 19, 2015
    I'm gonna give the game a 10 to bring the rating up although I actually think it deserves about a 9.0 because 80% of the bad reviews on here are either "Doesn't feel like a true elder scrolls" or "I'm getting connection problems and sitting in a queue on the first week of launch". Neither of those reviews say anything about ESO because...

1. Do you think people bought world of warcraft

1. Do you think people bought world of warcraft and said WTF this doesn't feel like warcraft... well its not... warcraft is a RTS game and World of Warcraft is a an MMORPG. The Elder Scrolls series is an RPG... ESO is an MMORPG... 2 completely different genres.

2. What MMO has ever been released and not had any bugs and connection issues for the first week? none that I can think of and I played them all. That would be like networking an entire office building, plugging in every single computer on every floor and it all working first try... good fawkin luck buddy. This is the first game on xbox live to have up to 10,000+ players in a megaserver and I don't care if they tested it all on PC its a completely different megaserver. Any old school gamers who played dial up modem to modem games with friends back in the day like doom or duke nukem 3d will tell you connection issues have nothing to do with how good a game is... now those games had some connection problems to cry about, yet duke nukem 3d and doom are 2 of the top games of all time, Hall of Famers.

As for the game itself, I think its a great game so far and I don't have enough hours played yet to give it a solid review but from what I've seen I would give it a 9.0, I'm hoping there will be some good endgame dungeons and pvp. Its definitely the best MMORPG on xbox one lol.
  15. Jun 24, 2015
    Terrific game. Absolutely the best MMO ever created.
    ZoS has really turned it around, this is the TES game we all expected.
    Looking forward to future updates, like Imperial City etc.
  16. Jun 16, 2015
    Excellent online gameplay and fluid combat. The graphics are what you can really expect from a 2014 MMO and the PVP full of intensity. Love it! While it had a rocky launch it has improved so much and is definitely one of the best MMOs currently out there.
  17. Jun 24, 2015
    So many haters lol. I guess Blizzard is finally afraid because ESO so much better than WoW you can't even compare. That garbage needs to disappear already.
  18. Jun 24, 2015
    The amount of bashing this game took is unreal. The competitors must be really afraid. Makes me wonder how games like crappy WoW still manage to live on when it's not even close to ESO.
  19. Jun 19, 2015
    This is such a great game for Xbox One and Xbox live! If you are looking for a fun game to play with friends and/or are looking to make new friends you should check it out! I have been a long time MMORPG fan but over the years have not enjoyed having to pay monthly to play a game. When I heard ESOTU would have no monthly cost I knew I had to get it. Great quests, fun story, decentThis is such a great game for Xbox One and Xbox live! If you are looking for a fun game to play with friends and/or are looking to make new friends you should check it out! I have been a long time MMORPG fan but over the years have not enjoyed having to pay monthly to play a game. When I heard ESOTU would have no monthly cost I knew I had to get it. Great quests, fun story, decent graphics (for how much is going on) and really awesome gameplay. My son and I love this game so much we decided to buy two copies! Expand
  20. Jun 10, 2015
    Here's what you really need to know as there is still an undercurrent of people trying to undermine this game. Go to the Playstation Store. ESOTU is averaging 5 stars by people who have actually bought and played the game. Got to the XBox store where it is averaging 4.5 stars from people who have bought and played the game. Seeing a pattern yet?
  21. Jun 10, 2015
    Launch Day Bugs:

So far the only bugs i have ran into are login issues and friend list issues, which neither ultimately kept me from playing. However a lot of my friends have had issues with lagging and disconnecting, not sure why I haven't had any of those problems, maybe i'm just fortunate. Game play: I played this on the PC and was quickly disappointed, however on the console
    Launch Day Bugs:

Game play:

I played this on the PC and was quickly disappointed, however on the console i'm enjoying it a lot more, it might just be me but the game feels more natural on a console.

Some of the new features, such as stealing, are interesting (they didn't have this on PC Launch). Watching players get the crap beat out of the by guards is hilarious.

Graphics:
    I might be a bit spoiled here, i'm playing this game on a 110 inch projector screen so when i'm looking past a well detailed palm tree to watch the sun set over the ocean is just absolutely stunning.

Bottom line:

I think people need to stop expecting this game to be Skyrim that went MMO and realize it's an MMO trying to be Skyrim. This game reminds me of Guild Wars 2 where it's more casual and it's meant to be a relaxing way to play an MMO, not a gear race.

While i didn't like this game on PC, on Console it feels a lot better to me so I give ESO on Xbox One an 8.
  22. Jun 9, 2015
    Playing at a friends house and thus far (5hrs) it looks, sounds and plays really well. Character creation is still A blast, If ya take your time an read all attributes before deciding, which is half the fun anyway, imo. Subject to change, but I'm giving it in eigh for nowt. This is partially due to the fact I have read the same review on multiple platforms giving it a 10 which leads mePlaying at a friends house and thus far (5hrs) it looks, sounds and plays really well. Character creation is still A blast, If ya take your time an read all attributes before deciding, which is half the fun anyway, imo. Subject to change, but I'm giving it in eigh for nowt. This is partially due to the fact I have read the same review on multiple platforms giving it a 10 which leads me to believe there is some (non-spoiler alert) "padding" going on. My guess is In the end, if your a fan of the series like me and didnt already play the pc version, youll be happy. Expand
  23. Jun 9, 2015
    ESO:TU is a great MMO with tons of well-written quests and a huge world to explore! Thanks to PC betatesters it has none of the old bugs during questing, there's a better ''voice'' system than on PC, and finally it has the best graphics among MMOs.
    Endgame is going to be expanded with new maps, new raids, and it's not only a GRIND like in old MMOs...but a challenge!
    The only problem is
    The only problem is lag at night in PvP...but with 200 pple on screen it's acceptable.
  24. Jun 9, 2015
    Great game.The story is good giant world charcter creation is fun love the combat good voice acting graphics aint all that but gameplay makes up for it 10/10 game
  25. Jun 9, 2015
    Great game. Solid story, great combat. The game features around 600 hours of content if you don't rush it and take your time to explore. And then there's also PvP. It is no doubt one of the best and the biggest MMO games to-date.

Bumpy launch will be fixed guys. Have patience! :)
  26. Aug 21, 2015
    The next level in MMORPG, move over wow, great for casual play, lots of different game modes can be played single with four people or with fifty.........
  27. Jun 25, 2015
    Ever wished WoW wouldn't be so boring? ESO is thousands times better than WoW ever aimed to be. Finally I can quest at my pace and actually enjoy the stories.
  28. Jun 25, 2015
    Great graphics, great story, fluid combat what is there more to say. Action combat is the way to go, tab-targetting is so outdated it's not even funny anymore.
  29. Jun 25, 2015
    I'd say Elder Scrolls Online is the perfect mix between guild wars 2 and world of warcraft. All the good things of these 2 games mixed into one is the result of ESO.
  30. Jun 25, 2015
    Fantastic game. If you sick and tired of boring copied wow clones then this game is for you. Excellent graphics, gameplay and best of all its B2P. This game is definitely gonna give **** Mop a run for its money.
  31. Jun 25, 2015
    The game is brilliant. Contains action,exploring,pvp and group events. The idea of World Events is just great. The leveling is fun and its not boring and monotonic.
  32. Jun 25, 2015
    It's my new main MMO. I'm a casual player, meaning I have a life outside of the game. Working 40+ hrs a week along with my hubby and child. I don't feel pressured to play the game to get my moneys worth. Questing known as hearts are still the same as any other MMO but hides it with a new way by giving options of what you want to do. No longer having to kill 50 lizards just for a smallIt's my new main MMO. I'm a casual player, meaning I have a life outside of the game. Working 40+ hrs a week along with my hubby and child. I don't feel pressured to play the game to get my moneys worth. Questing known as hearts are still the same as any other MMO but hides it with a new way by giving options of what you want to do. No longer having to kill 50 lizards just for a small pecentage of experience and repeat. Expand
  33. Jun 25, 2015
    I've personally been waiting for a game like this for a long time. The freedom to level how you wish is phenomenal. Being an artist though, the art direction is what pulls me in the most. This game is beautiful. I'm not saying that the graphics have to be "uber current" with today's technology, but just that it has a focused consistent appeal with it's design and personality.
  34. Jun 25, 2015
    This game is genre defining. It really sets the bar for everything coming up next. The quest system is fantastic, unlike any other mmorpg on the market, the classes are filled with possibilities and you never feel trapped into a system or "cookie cutter builds" that degrade the experience.
  35. Jun 25, 2015
    The amount of stories that are available is amazing. The game has so much replay value. I am definitely getting my $60 out of the game. The game is huge and i feel like i will never finish it.
  36. Jun 25, 2015
    An amazing game! I especially like the exploration part of hidden caves and dungeons spread around the world which in general reward you with loot chests
  37. Jun 25, 2015
    After playing this game hardcore for over a month, I feel that the hype has finally worn off and the game truly deserves a 10 rating. It's by far the best MMO right now, even better than World of Warcraft (though that's mostly due to Blizzard's failings).
  38. Jun 25, 2015
    I recently thought this game was bad and rated it accordingly, however i felt like i had not given it a proper chance. After playing the game a bit longer I have learned it is not as basic and simple as I have thought, now it is really starting to pull me in. Great game 10/10
  39. Jun 25, 2015
    You've heard all the pros, and some cons that are actually constructive... It's an awesome game, It's so much fun, I'd give it a 9, but it's a 10 to off set the spamming trolling fan boiedom that is trying to drag the deserved score down. Get it, play it, and I'll see you out there!!
  40. Jun 25, 2015
    For the hardcore raiders, I wouldn't suggest buying this game. At least not buying it yet. For the casual gamer who normally doesn't have time for MMO's, this game is worth every penny and then some. You won't feel the need to play everyday to keep up, and you won't feel like your getting screwed for doing so.
  41. Jul 16, 2015
    At first I thought wow this lags, after lag was over I thought wow this is maybe the best game I played look at the possibilities it is amazing! But then the more you play and the more you realise there are not so many possibilities. Many ideas forgotten or wrongly developed.

I had a lot of fun level 1 to around 40. Then it just felt dull.
  42. Jul 20, 2015
    Genuinely, it is worth buying this game if you are a fan of the Elder Scrolls games. No subscription required is a big big bonus, it tips the balance to buy it so much more. Ignore the lazy website reviewers, who likely based their reviews on the fact they have played the PC version to death. They have likely not thought of this as a whole new experience for console owners. As a standGenuinely, it is worth buying this game if you are a fan of the Elder Scrolls games. No subscription required is a big big bonus, it tips the balance to buy it so much more. Ignore the lazy website reviewers, who likely based their reviews on the fact they have played the PC version to death. They have likely not thought of this as a whole new experience for console owners. As a stand alone game this is worthy of the elder scrolls canon, Including PvP into the mix with multiplayer dungeons and you have a very enjoyable experience to keep coming back to. Highly recommended. Expand
  43. Jan 20, 2016
    Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited Xbox One Edition is a very fun game. I have played halfway through the game so far, and I still can't wait to do more, there is sooooo much to do! I definitely recommend this game to those who haven't played it. and for those that do, I'm sure most of you will agree that it gets 8-10 rating.
  44. Jun 24, 2015
    This is a game that has been on my radar since it was released, however when it was announced I had no intention of buying it due to the subscription that was required. Don't get me wrong it wasn't because of the subscription, but mainly because I couldn't afford to pay that amount of money out each month, and I don't think that I was the only one. However, I was drawn back to the gameThis is a game that has been on my radar since it was released, however when it was announced I had no intention of buying it due to the subscription that was required. Don't get me wrong it wasn't because of the subscription, but mainly because I couldn't afford to pay that amount of money out each month, and I don't think that I was the only one. However, I was drawn back to the game when they announced that they were no longer going to be doing the subscriptions and it would be a simple 'Buy the Disk and play the game' model... With your standard Micro transactions. Again, I don't think I was the only one who changed there mind when this was announced.

One of the many things I love about this game, is after doing the initial prologue etc you are free to go where ever you want, you can roam the lands to your hearts content, although if you're just starting out I suggest doing missions and levelling your character up, stick to a region and do the missions there first before venturing to other areas. Because there is a very good chance you will cross the border into another area and find yourself as a level 10-15 facing a horde of level 35-40 monsters... As Joon did... Didn't end too well... Brave Sir Robin moment was needed.... Saying that though, if you are in a Guild with Friends, and your all out adventuring together, there can be safety in numbers against certain higher level beasts... However, some higher level beasts will destroy you all....

This games open world is vast... and I mean HUGE! I have only tickled the surface of the world in Auridon and Grahtwood and a little bit in Cyrodill for the PvP... Which ill get onto a bit later in the review.

I think I must have played this game for at least 30+ hours and have only just done most of Auridon (the stuff that's showing on the map anyway) so the content and missions are there to play, and another thing I love about this game is that everything can be done with your Friends. Each of the missions (other than the solo quests) in the game are playable with Friends or anyone else for that matter who is at the same stage, or at least mission as you. You can see other players in the world which gives the settings a nice sense of atmosphere. The towns are beautifully designed and the houses/buildings have that wonderful medieval feel to them. They kind of remind me of the houses from Bowerstone in Fable 2.

There is good variety when it comes to missions within the game, some are short and easy and its just speaking to people, others can be more demanding with clearing out caves/mines, so there is a good variety within the game meaning that there is always going to be something different to do... Unless you speak to 2 people who have the same type of mission one after another :P

The dark anchors within the game are a very good way to get some good new gear for your character as well as some XP along the way. Each anchor within the game is a different level and will give you items for that level. However, I will advise to never try and take on an anchor around or above your level when there is only 2 or 3 of you. Evils come thick and fast and you will quickly find yourself over ran. The basic idea behind the Anchors are that you take on wave after wave of bad guys and earn some good stuff, normally when these start if you are in a surrounding vicinity you will hear the sounds of the horns going off and you will see the main frame of the anchor in the sky so they are not hard to miss.

Along with Anchors there are Group Dungeons and Group Bosses for you and your Guild to take part in. Dungeons usually contain 3 stages each of which has a boss at the end which does require teamwork and coordination as these bosses are hard... When you complete them though it is very satisfying and there is a sense of achievement.

Another thing I like with this game although it can be annoying is that when you have a marker set and its showing in your compass, 9 times out of 10 an as the bird flies route wont suffice... mainly because you will have a big mountain in front of you which you can't climb and have to walk around. So you have to plan your journeys to make sure you know where your going and how to get to the marker. Or if you are like me, just wing it and see if you can get there on blind luck... Might take you a lot longer, but who cares? Just enjoy the scenery... Also, I would highly recommend getting a horse... If you haven't unlocked Wayshrines in different areas it can make for a very long journey and horses can help with this!

The emotes in the game are absolutely fantastic. There is such variety with the different things that you can do, from the different dances from the races, to doing push ups and playing the lute... Makes for such enjoyment in an already enjoyable game.

In conclusion I find this to be a brilliant game, however there are some glaring issues within the game but other than that the game is brilliant and there is plenty for you to do.
  45. Jun 25, 2015
    Dropped WoW for this and I'm not regretting at all. ESO is way better than WoW ever was. That's saying something when ESO is better than WoW's BC era.
  46. Jun 25, 2015
    I'll never undestand what is with all these haters of ESO. Are you so scared it's gonna take a place as a king of MMO or what? Well guess what ESO is finally succesfull, deal with it.
  47. Jun 27, 2015
    Absolutely an amazing game. I have to be honest and say that I was really sceptic about this game. The initial reception was really bad when it came out a year ago and after playing the beta myself I was left with really mixed feelings about TESO. It felt like Zenimax tried to cash in on Bethesda's succes with TES. After a year and lots of polishing Zenimax released Tamriel Unlimited.Absolutely an amazing game. I have to be honest and say that I was really sceptic about this game. The initial reception was really bad when it came out a year ago and after playing the beta myself I was left with really mixed feelings about TESO. It felt like Zenimax tried to cash in on Bethesda's succes with TES. After a year and lots of polishing Zenimax released Tamriel Unlimited. Having no subscription fee and being the big elder scrolls fan that I am I decided to go for it and try the game. I have to say that Zenimax really pulled of a nice job with Tamriel Unlimited. All of the initial releases flaws have been fixed and the combat is much better now (the beta always felt like you were slicing thin air with your sword).

Questing is generally really well thought out in this game and they almost never feel like a chore unlike other MMO's. That being said this game has a much more involving story than MMO's like Wildstar, WoW (although admittedly Wotlk was really good) and TERA which I have also played. The combat is simply amazing and the first person mode makes the game feel more like an actual RPG than online MMO. All of my favorite Elder Scrolls elements are there. Obviously when you compare the game to the single player elder scrolls games some elements might feel dumbed down like the combat, but for MMO standards they are simply great and beat other games like TERA (which is one of the best combat systems in an MMO in my opinion). Then other elements like story and lore are worked out much better and feel more like back playing Morrowind and Oblivion (Skyrim had a pretty dumbed down story line in my opinion). One of the best things about this game the fact that you can group like in any other MMO but are never forced to! If you want to play alone, play alone! If you want to play in groups, play in groups! The world is simply huge and its a big plus for me that I am able to visit multiple zones. The zones look simply gorgeous for MMO standards and textures on armor etc. are really well done.

If you are an elder scrolls fan you will love this game for the lore and story, if you are an MMO fan you will love this game for being refreshing and taking a different approach to combat and questing as other MMO's. If you like RPG's you will love the fact that you are not forced to play in groups and can also perfectly play the game alone.

I highly recommend this game and suggest you take a look for yourself, the game is not what it was like on launch day (PC) and not having to pay a subscription fee alone makes the game more than worth it. It has way more replay value than any single player RPG out there.
  48. Jul 14, 2015
    I took a chance based on the player reviews from this site.. and they not lying.. Great Game!

The Pvp is awesome and they have fixed alot of the bugs mentioned in previous reviews. If you love MMO's or a skyrim fan this is a must have
  49. Jun 25, 2015
    Wow what a gem of a game. The questing is actually interesting, what is this madness. Uncle sheo's not messing around. Seriously if you are a TES fan get this game immediately.
  50. Jun 25, 2015
    THIS is THE GAME!! All those horrible reviews 1 year ago finally paid off. ZOS has created an immersive MMO that is also the best RPG among them. Well done Zenimax.
  51. Jun 25, 2015
    ESO wasn't that good in beta, but will all these updates it has grown into something unbeliveable good. The content alone is worth waaaay more than 60$.
  52. Jun 25, 2015
    Ever wanted to play a modern MMO with action combat, great graphics, and mostly important it being a great RPG? You're lucky because ESO is all that and much more.
  53. Jun 25, 2015
    This is the best the elder scrolls game I've ever played in my life. It's wiping the floor with Skyrim in every possible way. A true successor to morrowind and oblivion.
  54. Jun 25, 2015
    All the morons talking bad about the graphics. And what exactly looks better than ESO? Skyrim certainly doesn't lol. ESO's lighting enough is way better...
  55. Jun 25, 2015
    Graphics bad? Hell it looks 5+ years ahead of WoD, wondering why nobody cries about that. Not to mention it looks better than any MMO on the market...
  56. Jun 25, 2015
    Graphics are great morons....
    Metacritic has really gone down to hell by allowing all the trolls to downote this amazing game, it's one of the rare games worth its price.
  57. Jun 25, 2015
    Amazing game! very smooth detailed graphics. plenty of thngs to do for thext 2 years. no fees. 1 price and you are ready to go. incredible vast maps. always something to do.

cons: it might take a while to get used to. some things are a bit complex. crafting, teams lays. some interface should be simpler.
    i recommend 100% if you are a fan of Dungon Siege (x100 better)
  58. Jun 28, 2015
    Loved this game. Brilliant voice actors that create an enjoyable experience. Quests are very fun and not all of them are go 'get this'. Brilliant graphics for a console mmo game. Classes are fun because you can me a mage wielding flaming swords. Wide variety of spells with skills and different guilds your character can go in. The fighting system is not at all clunky and is fun to playLoved this game. Brilliant voice actors that create an enjoyable experience. Quests are very fun and not all of them are go 'get this'. Brilliant graphics for a console mmo game. Classes are fun because you can me a mage wielding flaming swords. Wide variety of spells with skills and different guilds your character can go in. The fighting system is not at all clunky and is fun to play with.
    PvP you can storm castles with cascades of other people wielding spells and swords. Crafting is fun and different from other systems. Finally this is not a skyrim multiplayer but an mmo.
  59. Aug 2, 2015
    This game was delayed so many times on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, and it was not worth the wait, (in my opinion) Not to long after I started playing it started getting boring, I mean it just doesn't have that replay value of Skyrim or Oblivion. It worth buying on sale price. The game just doesn't seem like an elder scrolls game, it kinda looks like a fable game. The missions areThis game was delayed so many times on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, and it was not worth the wait, (in my opinion) Not to long after I started playing it started getting boring, I mean it just doesn't have that replay value of Skyrim or Oblivion. It worth buying on sale price. The game just doesn't seem like an elder scrolls game, it kinda looks like a fable game. The missions are repetitive. It gets a little bit better when playing with friends, but in the end it's to late Expand
  60. Jun 25, 2015
    Great game...Tons of stuff to do..And most importantly it's TES with friends...Zenimax has outdone themselves yet again...Will continue my subscription...
  61. Jun 25, 2015
    Best mmorpg ever created and I've played soooo many. There is literally no competition when eso is just sooo goood. Thanks Zenimax for this masterpiece, will play for years to come.
  62. Jun 25, 2015
    So many haters yet again..Seriously are you paid by blizzard to downvote every mmorpg that comes out or what? This is getting ridiculous already metacritic.
  63. Jun 25, 2015
    Better than Archepay, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    I've been purchasing every major MMO release this year and have left extremely disappointed each time. I would log in, see "kill X and Y", do the standard number mashing combat that you find in every MMO, and end up unsubscribing. I did try to give these games my all and see if I could break past the tedium, but I could not.
  64. Jun 25, 2015
    The game is amazingly beautiful and HUGE. There is so much to explore and play through. Well worth the money, especially when you find it on sale. There is stuff for both the hardcore and casual gamers.
  65. Jun 25, 2015
    16 months and 3000 ours spent: this is still the best MMORPG on the market and this year, with more competition, it's really going to stand out.

Putting 10/10 in an effort to slow down haters and people who clearly didn't play it :P
  66. Jun 25, 2015
    Best game I've ever played.
    Best game I've ever played.
    To be precise I don't like MMO's. But this isn't another grind-centered MMO. It's a first real massive multiplayer RPG, where you have your story, you're making decisions, etc. Plus everything else is great: frequent updates, dungeons, community, even graphics, sounds and music are awesome for the MMO. When someone says that there are quests where you have to kill or gather something, be serious: what other things do you do in most games?
  67. Aug 18, 2015
    This was one game I was REALLY excited for and once I purchased this and actually played it I was quite shocked how many glitches and bugs this game had which kinda pushed me away but after countless updates/patches this game was slowly starting to finally pull together.

I enjoyed this game loads but gets -2 for bugs/glitches along with the same crappy death animation...
  68. Jun 25, 2015
    Just here to let you know that Elder Scrolls: Tamriel Unlimited is the only worthy mmo of playing. Others are utter garbage compared to this masterpiece.
  69. Jul 13, 2015
    As an Elder Scrolls player since Daggerfall, I suspected the game series would not work well as an MMORPG. I was totally wrong on that. This game is the best MMO I've played.

I've been dabbling in multiple class types and across all three factions for a change of scenery at times. PvE battles are fun, the world is massive, crafting is impressive, graphics are the best of any MMO, combat is fun and dynamic...now it's time for me to jump into PvP.
  70. Aug 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The plot is boring, the characters are bland and unengaging. It is way too hard to find something fun to do in this game (IE be a werewolf or Vampire). I played to the max level and not once did I run across any really cool guild or mission. Where is the Dark brotherhood?

I beat the first part of the game which was fun to fight molag bol, but then you start all over again in a different area with the same boring “go find this” Go defeat this or I won’t help you” missions. I loved Skyrim and I thought this game would be as fun, it was not.
  71. Jun 25, 2015
    This game is amazing, beautiful and so alive, compared to other MMORPGs out in the market right now. I've played World of Warcraft for 3 years now and it was fun, for those 3 whole years. But let me just say that when I played Elder Scrolls Online, it felt like I had more fun than in those 3 years of playing World of Warcraft. Some people might ask, what can this game offer that otherThis game is amazing, beautiful and so alive, compared to other MMORPGs out in the market right now. I've played World of Warcraft for 3 years now and it was fun, for those 3 whole years. But let me just say that when I played Elder Scrolls Online, it felt like I had more fun than in those 3 years of playing World of Warcraft. Some people might ask, what can this game offer that other games cannot? Well, my answer to that is "life". Expand
  72. Oct 6, 2015
    Riddled with persistent problems (especially friend list issues), this game developer (Zenimax) has demonstrated naked greed by releasing new DLCs while ignoring the problems that existing customers are complaining about. This game is bringing down the excellent Elder Scrolls series and the excellent reputation of Bethesda Softworks altogether.
  73. Jul 25, 2015
    I’m elated MMO’s are making their way to consoles. The dominant FPS genre is stagnant as sales volumes continue to trump innovation. MMO’s could provide the antidote to everyone’s COD addiction. Games like Elder Scrolls Online are a step in the right direction, and I’m glad FPS fans have taken notice. ESO will be many gamers first exposure to MMO’s. Despite its flaws, ESO is one of theI’m elated MMO’s are making their way to consoles. The dominant FPS genre is stagnant as sales volumes continue to trump innovation. MMO’s could provide the antidote to everyone’s COD addiction. Games like Elder Scrolls Online are a step in the right direction, and I’m glad FPS fans have taken notice. ESO will be many gamers first exposure to MMO’s. Despite its flaws, ESO is one of the best games on nextgen and should hold gamers’ attention for several years. Too bad it won’t unseat any of the current MMO heavyweights.

Graphically, it’s impressive. ESO runs buttery smooth. Environments are lush and vibrant. However, ESO lacks the grit and harshness that everyone loved about Skyrim. Instead, ESO looks nearly identical to Kingdoms of Amalur with its oversaturated colors. But that’s a quibble, not a criticism.

Gameplay fares equally well. Combat is fluid and diverse. Once again, ESO takes cues from KoA and mimicks its combat mechanics. Although previous Elder Scroll games are fun, combat needed overhauling. Fortunately, ESO successfully addresses that. The diversity of combat skills allows deep customization and fun combo sets. Players can now dodge/role. The third person perspective is much improved. Players can adjust the camera’s zoom distances at any time. This benefits squishy AoE casters and archers. My DPS character toggles between melee and archery, so zooming out to place flaming arrow volleys on mobs is handy.

The similarities between KoA and ESO may not be all that coincidental. KoA is an excellent game; plus, one of its lead developers worked on Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion.

So ESO looks great. Combat is fluid. And the player population is growing despite Zenimax’s lack of marketing. Players can form guilds, trade, craft new weapons, and store items in banks. But ESO does have a few problems.

Foremost, questing can be boring. Too many quests involve redundant steps that exist solely for the sake of making quests longer. Plus, the RPG elements are weak. For the most part, players talk to the quest giver who directs them to someone else, then they speak with that person who requests an item. Upon fetching the item players must talk to 1,2, or 3 other people, and then trek somewhere else to fight a minor boss. Skyrim’s quests were more enthralling and much simpler. Despite all this, there are hundreds of quests. At least lore hounds will appreciate the rich content even if the story elements are weak. To others, ESO will feel like a grindfest early on. At times I simply skip thru dialogue to expedite quests. Unfortunately, the game becomes an even bigger grind on veteran ranks.

Zenimax’s lack of creativity doesn’t end with there. Many environments, such as forts and dwellings, are identical. Also, enemies are bland. ESO has zombies. Really? Despite Elder Scrolls rich lore, the game is filled with zombies…. Meh…

Secondly, combat is unbalanced. Melee characters are too vulnerable. Bosses spam powerful abilities that too often instakill players. This is especially annoying at lower levels. Ranged players—archers and mages—have big advantages in ESO. Part of this problem lies in the class system. When players create new characters, they choose race and class. Classes contain special abilities that aren’t specific to primary weapons. But all these abilities scale off magicka, which is a boon to magic users. This is problematic for melee since they use stamina to dodge and boost weapon damage. So they invest less in magicka. Since dodging uses stamina, melee players can deplete their primary ability pool even without using special abilities. Mages can roll all they want without depleting magicka. In effect, pure melee characters feel like high risk, low reward builds.

My biggest beef is against ESO’s substandard online functionality. Despite the healthy player base, grouping with other players for dungeons/questing either takes too long or doesn’t happen. Many players I encounter don’t understand how to group with others. They don’t know such mechanics exist! Zenimax needs to fix that ASAP. Console players will not stick around for months until this is fleshed out. Although solo players can have a lot of fun, they will miss out on big bonuses that group play and PVP offer.

How does ESO compare to other MMO’s? ESO is a fantastic game, but it’s only a decent MMO. Tedious questing, iffy group mechanics, and unbalanced classes keep ESO from greatness. At this point, it’s hard to see ESO aging as well as Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. ESO launched a year ago on PC, and it’s still experiencing growing pains. Zenimax needs a hefty dose of creativity to prevent boredom from slithering into Cyrodil.

Still, ESO has 100x’s more content than Destiny. It’s a great solo game, and online play is a blast. Since launch, I’ve seen stability improvements, so that’s encouraging. With updates in the pipeline, there’s no reason to pass on ESO. Buy it. For MMO newbies, it’s a good place to start.
  74. Jun 25, 2015
    Amazing game. Superb artwork, great depth and incredible value for a one time fee, Yes, there are promotions aimed at getting people to spend money in the shop, but these are largely cosmetic or convenience based - the game is in no way pay to win. Good community, vast world and enough content to keep interest for many, many hours.
  75. Jun 25, 2015
    Best MMO of 2012 for me. This game's worth downloading. I have really enjoyed the gameplay of this game. The graphical details in this game is above any other MMO. I love all those powerstyles. Those power effects are well programmed. There's almost no glitches. The game runs smoothly. It clearly deserves a rating of 10.
  76. Jun 25, 2015
    One of the most fun games I have ever played. I greatly disliked WoW and am very happy with how this game has turned out. The storyline is amazing and you definitely feel for the NPCs involved. The writing is fantastic and the replayability is great.
  77. Jun 25, 2015
    This is one of the best MMORPG's of the decade. It has a lot of rich content, with random events popping up all the time, taking out most of the grind in the game. Its extremely balanced and there is no monthly fees. The quests feel natural and fun to do without getting tedious. This game is amazing and I recommend it to anyone who wants an amazing game!
  78. Jun 25, 2015
    One of the best value for money games I've ever played. No monthly subscription means it's an MMO which you can choose when to play and you're not forced to log-in every single day. Live team were clever enough to spend the first few months fixing bugs and polishing existing content, along with adding a few new pieces. The only real downside I can say is that I need MORE of it. ExpansionsOne of the best value for money games I've ever played. No monthly subscription means it's an MMO which you can choose when to play and you're not forced to log-in every single day. Live team were clever enough to spend the first few months fixing bugs and polishing existing content, along with adding a few new pieces. The only real downside I can say is that I need MORE of it. Expansions please! 10/10 Expand
  79. Jun 25, 2015
    I like Elder Scrolls Online! It's the best game I ever seen. With no subscription fee I think a lot of gamers will buy this game Thank you Zenimax for this beautiful rp game.
  80. Jun 25, 2015
    This game is like WoW just done right. There is no way to really summarize this game into 5,000 characters so I am simply going to say this. This is like all MMOs it is just 5,000 times better and more entertaining. And you don't have to pay a monthly fee!
  81. Jun 25, 2015
    Really well made game! The graphics, the story, the small details, the combat system. Everything is really well done! Leveling is really fun thanks to the new "questing" system, that really eliminates the boring things of questing. Things feel more genuine, varied and not at all grindy.
  82. Jun 25, 2015
    this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the v v this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the
  83. Jun 25, 2015
    I really liked the quest system of this game. It's something totally new and I haven't seen anything like that before. I don't feel tired even playing ESO for hours.
  84. Jun 25, 2015
    Perfect game for casual players. That doesn't mean hardcore players can't play it. But it's fun, it's not hard to lv up (everything u do, EVERYTHING gives you exp), many people complain it's hard to lv up yet they haven't played the game for more than a couple of days. You'll reach 50 even before you know it, and you'll feel like there's still so much left to do.
  85. Jun 25, 2015
    The game doesn't have that good graphics. But I'm not playing games because of graphics. When I first tried the game in it's beta state I was like a "donut" simply, is this real? Am I playing this MMO? Simply the best MMO to date.
  86. Jun 25, 2015
    So far the best MMO I have played, GREAT graphics, nice mechanics, fluid gameplay, smooth performance, updated constantly and full of pvp campaigns....
  87. Jun 25, 2015
    This game worth to be in the collection of the best games ever made ( if there is one). High quality graphics and sound help the game to be wonderfull. The gameplay is solid and the action of the game id very good. RPG elements work great and the players are nice and kind.
  88. Jun 25, 2015
    This game is absolute gold! The storyline is very well done and it allows you to make countless decisions as you play which will change your storyline and whilst at the end of it all you will get the same ending if you decide to play through the story with a different character you will experience huge variety from your first playthrough as the decisions you make enable you to playThis game is absolute gold! The storyline is very well done and it allows you to make countless decisions as you play which will change your storyline and whilst at the end of it all you will get the same ending if you decide to play through the story with a different character you will experience huge variety from your first playthrough as the decisions you make enable you to play completely different missions. Expand
  89. Jun 25, 2015
    This game just suits me perfectly, being an MMO with a beautiful, hand-crafted world containing enjoyable PvE for smaller groups and the lack of a gear treadmill.
  90. Jun 25, 2015
    10/10 for me. Reason: - this is one of those few games where you don't rush to max level so you can finally have some fun, but are having fun from level one.
  91. Jun 25, 2015
    Best MMO of 2015 and ever created - Welcome to Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. Tamriel is the most beautiful place to be in. Other MMOs can be ashamed of their garbage zones.
  92. Jun 25, 2015
    AvAvA is incredible PvP concept. Something that we've seen previously in Daoc. ESO is already miles ahead of Daoc and can only keep improving. It's PvP is the best MMOs have ever seen.
  93. Jun 25, 2015
    This is a great year of gaming, with ESO coming to Consoles, Witcher 3 being great and expecting fallout 4 as well. ESO is a few leagues ahead of other MMOs with its quality.
  94. Jun 25, 2015
    Best MMO ever created. Bethesda are genioussss. Thanks for creating this eepiicc now I can play with my friends always all the time. Goood job Bethsesdaaa.
  95. Jun 25, 2015
    I was thinking of buying FFXIV Heavensward as I enjoyed the game, however when I tried ESO I was completely blown away. It's miles ahead of FFXIV regarding everything. Which says a lot when FFXIV is probably miles ahead of games like WoW. What a gem of a game.
  96. Jun 25, 2015
    Well I need to say that this is the MMO of the decade, if I compare it to WoW there is almost no grinding, you can play your own story, which is great btw. When you level, you are just "falling" in to the events/quest, so no need to go to NPC take a Q and then go to location A, and so on...
  97. Jul 15, 2015
    The game so far to me is terrible. not even close to an enemy, and they some how hit me. When they walk away, they gain all health back. There are no weapons to be found (only staffs). I know these are small things, but it's affecting the game play.
  98. Jul 11, 2015
    Would love to tell you about how great this game is but after four solid days of connection errors, I have given up. I couldn't even navigate around stonefall without being told that my internet connection was not "valid". I have 100mbs fiber. NAT is open. Shouldn't be any problems but clearly ESO has server problems on both the NA and EU servers. I would not recommend wasting your moneyWould love to tell you about how great this game is but after four solid days of connection errors, I have given up. I couldn't even navigate around stonefall without being told that my internet connection was not "valid". I have 100mbs fiber. NAT is open. Shouldn't be any problems but clearly ESO has server problems on both the NA and EU servers. I would not recommend wasting your money on this game until Zenimax have fixed it. Expand
  99. Aug 15, 2015
    First off, let me say this game doesn't belong on a console. The PVP fights cause sound tear, and cause frame lag worse than trying to be in a major city in world of warcraft on an Asus EEE netbook.

The looking for group ability of this game is a negative 1 out of 10. You can sit for hours in group finder and never find a group. I am in 5 guilds and I still can never get enough

I am in 5 guilds and I still can never get enough people in group chat to make up a group.

You can be in a guild with people from all kinds of alliances, yet you cannot group with them. Why?

This game needs text chat for a looking for group. Instead it requires all kinds of useless places that no one even uses such as looking for group ESO subreddits, and LFG finders that fail in comparison to those used by players of Destiny.

The quests are fun for the first few hours, but then it feels like a boring grind. Picture world of warcraft in Vanilla days, but with even more walking. This game is a piece of **** when it comes to what to do when you hit Veteran 1. Maybe that is why I rarely see Vet 2 or above and everyone is bragging about their 5th champion above level 45.

I am yet to find a group because they seem to never occur. I wish I never bought this game. I have serious buyers remorse.

The only reason I am giving this game a 1 out of 10 is because the servers are actually pretty stable. Maybe it's due to no one ever being on them. No wonder they took away the monthly subscription.
  100. Jun 25, 2015
    First off I would like to say i have tried other mmos. played the wow starter edition thought it was very childish and combat was very boring. so then i bought the secret world when it became subsription less becasue i am very into all the illumanati templar stuff. was ok but the interface was kind of confusing and combat was meh but the story was pretty cool. i was at gamestop one day andFirst off I would like to say i have tried other mmos. played the wow starter edition thought it was very childish and combat was very boring. so then i bought the secret world when it became subsription less becasue i am very into all the illumanati templar stuff. was ok but the interface was kind of confusing and combat was meh but the story was pretty cool. i was at gamestop one day and a friend of a friend told me to try out elder scrolls online. i bought it and have loved every minute of it. i dont rate games by anything other than fun factor becasue really thats all that matters and eso gets a ten. Expand

1. Jul 13, 2015
    Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited has addressed many of the issues that plagued the first title. There are still some issues with clipping, connections, and voice chat, but the game is still quite enjoyable with plenty of quests to complete and areas to explore. It isn't the perfect MMO by far, but at least it's one that won't cost you $15 a month and you can come back to it whenever you feel like exploring Tamriel.
  2. Jul 10, 2015
    It may not be the best-looking MMORPG out there and its social tools could use some serious work, but in the end, The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited offers an intuitive and competent experience for console gamers and Skyrim fans alike.
  3. Jul 10, 2015
    Tamriel Unlimited is neither a great Elder Scrolls game nor an MMORPG for the ages, but it's something else entirely. An addictive if often awkward compromise with an astonishing amount of quality subscription-free content.