4.6

1. May 18, 2014
    I bought an XBO because I was so excited for Titanfall and it only disappointed me. The lack of content was unbelievable. Now they want us to pay for more maps? This should be free. Titanfall is officially the biggest rip off in gaming.
  2. May 19, 2014
    It's an ok map pack, not much to say here other than that, no bad maps, but I feel like they could've had some more in here and added even more content, but whatever it's not a must buy by any means.
  3. May 23, 2014
    Ignoring the haters, this is a decent 1st dlc for Titanfall & only 2 months after the original release. Respawn are doing great with updates and fixes too (although I reckon the match making could do with further fixes). The new maps are brilliant and varied . Not sure why you would buy the map dlc individually though, seems an expensive way to do it, may as well buy the season pass.Ignoring the haters, this is a decent 1st dlc for Titanfall & only 2 months after the original release. Respawn are doing great with updates and fixes too (although I reckon the match making could do with further fixes). The new maps are brilliant and varied . Not sure why you would buy the map dlc individually though, seems an expensive way to do it, may as well buy the season pass. Looking forward to customizable features that should be shown in the next update Expand
  4. Jun 30, 2014
    It added to the game, which two months after release it was about time. That being said, this did not include nearly enough content to keep me playing the game, and having to separate from the rest of maps and game modes makes playing it often unlikely.
  5. May 28, 2014
    The maps are well designed and bigger as people wanted them, but that's all that's there. It doesn't include the content that many wanted, but it's good for what is there.
  6. Jun 1, 2014
    The maps are fun but it just doesn't seem like it's worth the money. There isn't really anything that adds to the actual game/game-play like weapons,new game mode, or titan customization. I'm hoping that some of those thing will come along in the future but as it stands now its nothing special. Still, more maps are better than less so if u have some spare money and a craving for titan-fallThe maps are fun but it just doesn't seem like it's worth the money. There isn't really anything that adds to the actual game/game-play like weapons,new game mode, or titan customization. I'm hoping that some of those thing will come along in the future but as it stands now its nothing special. Still, more maps are better than less so if u have some spare money and a craving for titan-fall i would definitely recommend it. Expand
  7. May 27, 2014
    The three maps included in the pack are nice additions. Wargames is my favorite. I will say though, that while I appreciate that the developers have provided additional game modes, private match making and (hopefully) some titan customization options since the initial product's release....charging $10 for just three maps does seem a bit over priced.

Again, my usual rant...ignore the

Again, my usual rant...ignore the irrelevant trolls who come in here with their "0s" and their fake indignation. They're either attempting to nuke the rating of a game they can't access....or I don't know what. But check out their histories before you give any weight to what they say. Do you really think they're trying to add anything to the conversation? Or look at what they do rate highly. I just about laughed my coca-cola out my nose.
  8. May 20, 2014
    This DLC should have been $5, tops. The three maps themselves are fun and varied, but given that that is all that comes in this first DLC offering, there just isn't enough here to warrant the $10 price tag. Seeing as these new maps are completely separate from the main matchmaking anyways (with the choices of either Expedition Variety or Expedition Attrition modes), I would suggest waitingThis DLC should have been $5, tops. The three maps themselves are fun and varied, but given that that is all that comes in this first DLC offering, there just isn't enough here to warrant the $10 price tag. Seeing as these new maps are completely separate from the main matchmaking anyways (with the choices of either Expedition Variety or Expedition Attrition modes), I would suggest waiting for the eventual price drop for bundle deals. Expand
  9. May 23, 2014
    One good map in the set, the others don't feel unique or interesting, more like rejected designs that were trotted out for a DLC cash in.

I'm hoping they're holding something in reserve for Q3 this year but this content doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence they have more to give. I loved Titanfall, madly loved it, but what was in there wasn't enought to keep me playing over two months. Level 3 regen and it stopped being fun, just became a grind.
  10. May 18, 2014
    Expedition on its own is simply a map pack to extend the number of locations in which you get to wage war with other players and titans. There are feature tweaks that have come with the Expedition DLC that address some fan-requests like a post-game scoreboard, additional custom classes and more. While these minor changes are nice they are available for all regardless of whetherExpedition on its own is simply a map pack to extend the number of locations in which you get to wage war with other players and titans. There are feature tweaks that have come with the Expedition DLC that address some fan-requests like a post-game scoreboard, additional custom classes and more. While these minor changes are nice they are available for all regardless of whether Expedition is downloaded or not. The "War Games" map is by far the most visually striking of the new maps, striking a lot of resemblance with artistic direction from the likes of Portal and Tron: Legacy. "Swamplands" is also a nice departure from the norm adding a deep forest battleground to the mix. "Runoff" is also a good map but comes off a bit weak compared to the other two, making it the closest to fodder. It's mostly good content that gives Titanfall a slight bump in replayability. The problem gamers will start to face is that Titanfall does lake that draw to continue playing after you've tapped the Generation 10 title as there's only the option to play the game and do the best you can. Perhaps that's enough for many but for a multiplayer-only game, Titanfall needs to grow a bit more or it's going to find the dusty pile once games like Destiny, Halo 5, Far Cry 4, The Division and others start hitting the scene over the next year. For how well put together Titanfall is, it would be sad to see it fade out early. Expand
  11. May 28, 2014
    Titanfall seemed like it would be a wonderful story.

Titanfall seemed like it would be a wonderful story.

Unfortunately it is online only gameplay, which doesn't make any sense, I feel like you limit the amount of people whom would buy just because they wouldn't be able to play online, what about the guys that are deployed overseas without an active internet connection, this game should have had some form of single player offline so that you could learn the mechanics of the game without being bothered with others who had already mastered them online. The graphics look fairly decent, the concept and execution of the game are good, but the total online is not cool. More maps need to be pushed more frequently as well, and some more customization.
  12. May 18, 2014
    3 maps as DLC for 10 euros??? WtF??? This game was lacking content on release, but this DLC is a joke. The maps are average, but you want to buy them because the map got only 15 small maps. I had really high hopes for titanfall, but the game was mediocre (game play is fun, but servers, number of maps and campaign are a joke). 3 small maps for 10 euros is typical EA BS DLC garbage. Does3 maps as DLC for 10 euros??? WtF??? This game was lacking content on release, but this DLC is a joke. The maps are average, but you want to buy them because the map got only 15 small maps. I had really high hopes for titanfall, but the game was mediocre (game play is fun, but servers, number of maps and campaign are a joke). 3 small maps for 10 euros is typical EA BS DLC garbage. Does everyone remember that **** DLC on Dragon age charged for insane prices??? I really smell EA BS about this DLC as well. I really hope that Titanfall nex DLC will be way better, because this is **** Even Call of Duty ghosts got way better DLCs and that game is **** wreck. Expand
  13. May 16, 2014
    Titan fall expedition is out and the thing on everyone's minds is, does it holdup to everything else in the game, somewhat yes, it does. to begin with the maps are damn good. i wont go in to detail about them because its just as good as all the stock maps. But, that's it for anyone who thinks any new game modes or weapons will be available you couldn't be anymore wrong. That's really theTitan fall expedition is out and the thing on everyone's minds is, does it holdup to everything else in the game, somewhat yes, it does. to begin with the maps are damn good. i wont go in to detail about them because its just as good as all the stock maps. But, that's it for anyone who thinks any new game modes or weapons will be available you couldn't be anymore wrong. That's really the only downside of this dlc. is the money worth it? depends, in my playing with it i had and enjoyable time and all tough i don't like the price tag i still had fun with it. But if you're not interested in the maps and was looking for some new modes and guns this dlc will not be worth it. Expand
  14. May 19, 2014
    I have never bought a DLC addition for any game on any system before this game. I actually enjoyed playing the retail version of the game and thought respawn produced a well rounded game. The three levels of the DLC are extremely varied and are a true delight to play. I have been playing attrition on expedition DLC levels since release and I have zero complaints about buying it.
  15. May 22, 2014
    Great start for the DLC.. 2 of these new maps are HUGE! People wanted some bigger maps.. and they got them. Not sure why someone would pay $10 for one DLC.. Just buy the Season Pass for $25 and you will get all 3 DLC packs. Respawn has been good with doing updates.. adding features.. fixing bugs.. love it.
  16. May 29, 2014
    Just like typical DLC maps these are nothing special. Yet in comparison to other DLC's I have played for first person shooter they are good enough. If you're craving more Titanfall I would suggest grabbing this. If you're just a mixed fan this is probably not for you.
  17. Jun 22, 2014
    Nice value. £7.99 for three great maps. Nice addition and the maps have variation that wasn't explored in the base ones, like a simulation and the introduction of larger, more useful trees. War Games is the best map in Titanfall to date, especially for CTF and LTS. Swampland is also a brilliant map. Pilots become much more powerful in that map because of the cover and positioning of theNice value. £7.99 for three great maps. Nice addition and the maps have variation that wasn't explored in the base ones, like a simulation and the introduction of larger, more useful trees. War Games is the best map in Titanfall to date, especially for CTF and LTS. Swampland is also a brilliant map. Pilots become much more powerful in that map because of the cover and positioning of the trees. Titans can get surrounded quickly. Runoff is a battle for height most of the time, and several routes are often used where you can encounter many people at a time.
    People complaining about the value.. If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it. You guys aren't reviewing the DLC here. My bets are 50% of the reviewers haven't played the game, let alone the new maps.

Also new update is the beast! Titan customisation with decals etc, new modes etc, gonna be great!
  18. Jun 21, 2014
    Woah woah woah. What's with all the people bashing this DLC for price? First off, the content costs more to create on current gen consoles, point blank. Considering the cost, where were these arguments when Halo released map packs HALF this size for the SAME PRICE!? I will admit one of the maps seems pretty stale (nothing but a wide open sniper pit), but the forest and War Games maps areWoah woah woah. What's with all the people bashing this DLC for price? First off, the content costs more to create on current gen consoles, point blank. Considering the cost, where were these arguments when Halo released map packs HALF this size for the SAME PRICE!? I will admit one of the maps seems pretty stale (nothing but a wide open sniper pit), but the forest and War Games maps are both fresh spins on Titanfall arenas. 2 out of 3 isn't bad, and so far they have done an excellent job updating their game and making sure patches go in promptly. I swear these buyers remorse statements are simply due to a great game that made people want more, of course instant gratification rears his ugly head quite often in this scenario. I am fine with paying 25$ US for NINE (over the span of 3 DLC releases) maps, its double the size of the original game for nearly a third of the price. What's not fair about that again? 7/10, lost points on that bland map, the other two are worth the dough for die-hard fans, with War Games being the obvious gem (being virtually loaded into a half rendered map? Awesome.). Also, shut up haters. Expand
  19. Jun 15, 2014
    The 3 maps in Titanfall Expedition are detailed and varied along with the core maps of the game but don't really add or enhance what is already a game lacking in depth or longevity. Season pass owners will have these downloaded for nothing but anyone interested buying the DLC as a individual purchase should carefully consider their long term dedication to the game and whether they areThe 3 maps in Titanfall Expedition are detailed and varied along with the core maps of the game but don't really add or enhance what is already a game lacking in depth or longevity. Season pass owners will have these downloaded for nothing but anyone interested buying the DLC as a individual purchase should carefully consider their long term dedication to the game and whether they are happy with the maps already on the rotation.

Swampland is a big and challenging map set in a forest. The layout is fairly open and there are plenty of elevated points. Not too many buildings to bounce off of and scale so most of the action is on the ground. War Games is the next map which takes place in the tutorial area of the game which has been modified into a multiplayer map. It's smaller and looks absolutely fantastic and plays very well. Runoff is the final map in the pack which is similar to Demeter and is fairly narrow with a massive drained river running down the middle. The flanks are tight and it's quite tricky to maneuver a titan around most of the time but it's quite a competitive and challenging map with the combat being regular and varied in terms of being elevated and below ground.

Overall, Expedition is a pack with three very high quality and varied maps that sadly don't add anything new to the game. It costs £9/$15 which is far too much. £5/$8 would be a more respectably pricepoint as there is nothing else in the content which could add something to a game that desperately needs something to keep gamers engaged in the long run. If you are committed to the game or have money to burn; it's worth picking up; if not, overlook this and enjoy the maps already on the rotation.
  20. May 27, 2014
    For a map pack, this is a great addition to the current maps. They are are varied enough and have super unique to TF aspects to them. My favorite is WarGames that is set in a sort of simulation mode. The swampland map is cool and has a lot of parkour elements through the trees and cool ancient temples.
  21. Jun 23, 2014
    Cool maps, but not cool enough for the price. Also they are not integrated into the main game, so you play the same 3 over and over. I was hoping for another game mode or something new, but really it's a mildly cool, overpriced map pack.
  22. Aug 26, 2014
    Should have real campaign mode. I tried playing campaign and... none. So disappointed. I went to multiplayer... and all I saw are bots.

Then this DLC. Should have added campaign. Seriously. 10$ for bigger maps and more bots to kill. This should have been 5$ only for being a map pack.

1. Jun 21, 2014
    Some may complain about only receiving three maps in the Expedition pack, but it's hard to argue against the quality of the content. [Issue#112, p.94]
  2. May 26, 2014
    Even with a cheaper price point, it’s hard to recommend this pack.
    With three very different maps Respawn has shown that they take pride in their level design.