6.2

1. Mar 15, 2014
    Too little content. No custom games, too few game modes, way too few weapons and titans to choose from. They did well with the map quantity, but this game content just doesn't justify the 60 dollar price tag. So according to me, the game isn't worth its price. Wait for a sale.
  2. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a horrible game. There is not much content here to warrant a 60 dollar price tag.The lag is horrible, the graphics are sub par for a game that "pushes the Xbox One to the limit" and to top it off. There is only four game modes! For a next gen game this is a disappointing title and a Arcade game at best. Don't buy this for 60 bucks because you can spend your hard earned money else where and get more entertainment. Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    My memory of Titanfall will be the fiasco that is "instant replay deaths." Not worth the investment of time it would take to learn a surplus of maps. Instead of 4 icon maps, we get 15 and hence no reason to ever buy a subscription. This too heavily favors twitch style players who favor improvising. And squelches the newbies or people who like to learn maps and strategies. Not worth your money, and a subscription is a joke. Furthermore, they lied to us. They said the campaign was multi-player only leading us to believe it was a story that had to be told through a group effort or strategy, etc. This only means that the campaign is... actually... a 6 vs 6 multi-player map exactly like the multi-player experience, with the only difference being a radio cut scene played during the 80 second match countdown that is exactly the same as what you see in multi-player. In other words. You can now be satisfied that they spent an additional 1 week of programming to include the ability to say they have a campaign, which they actually... do not have. Kudos for a fun concept and extremely well done tech demo, but this franchise is DOA. Expand
  4. Mar 14, 2014
    very bad, at potential fell short of being something amazing, The idea was solid, but with a nasty after taste of been there and done that, Seems that a lot of game developers are too afraid to step out of the normality of what FPS's have
  5. Mar 17, 2014
    I'll keep this simple. It adds nothing new that hasn't already been done it just finely polishes other game mechanics. It was fun for the first hour but then the hype wore off and i actually started to play the game and get annoyed/fustrated. I might be getting sick of shooters but i see very little difference in game experience if i played blacklight a free game. I'm not saying its a bad game. It just doesn't do anything new and take risks. Just takes gameplay that worked well for other games and shoved it into a shooter. The game also feels very empty content wise similar to MAG but instead of 256 player hype it was mechs. Atleast they now are giving it for free to anyone picking up a X1 like it did for wii sports it will make it seem like a good game because of 'sales'. Expand
  6. Mar 14, 2014
    Okay, Titanfall for me is an ok game and nothing more. The gameplay is functional but didnt catch my interest for too long. Titanfall for me its an overhyped game and nothing more.
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    This is another shooter that has been way overhyped. It lacks single player, not campaign. Playing a few 6v6 matches is only fun for so long. Its been marketed as this awesome game that's supposed to save the xbox1, but tbh I don't think a game with a relatively short shelf life is going to do it. If shooters are your thing, the sure, it may be fun until you realize it really is lackin in depth. Its a shooter with bots and no single player to speak of at its core. Buy knowing you're only getting that and not much more. Expand
  8. Mar 12, 2014
    The game is fun but there are quite a few things that bothered me and why I gave it a 3/10. First off, when comparing this game to the likes of Battlefield 4 it pales in comparison with only a maximum of 12 players in a 6v6 match. The bots in the game are easy free targets. The game only runs at 792p which is unacceptable for this generation and hopefully a future patch will change this. Lastly, the campaign is stuffed into the multiplayer and there is no single player mode at all! Some of the positives about the game is that you can run on walls and climb on titans but after a few hours of play it seems like another Call of Duty with added transformers. Expand
  9. Mar 12, 2014
    Very short game, I'm waiting so much from the Xbox1 new generation game. It's very close to Xbox360 graphic and experience in game. Nothing new, they copy original ideas from différents older FPS and well assembled in one thing. For the "Super new generation and experience and WOW game", they don't get the goal. In 3 months no one will remember Titanfall
    I understand all the major
    Professional critics give them a very good score (Microsoft does the same think they did with YouTube) and they can't say what they really think (instead of that, they'll never received an Xbox game to test).
    I have one thing to say : DON'T BUY THIS GAME, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
  10. Mar 12, 2014
    Titanfall is simply not living up to the hype. With its lacking singleplayer and custimization in multiplayer the $60 pricetag is very unreasonable. Gamers who are looking to buy an xbox one only because of Titanfall will be thoroughly dissapointed.
  11. Mar 16, 2014
    Meh... You will see everything that can be seen on your first day. Every day after will just be a rinse and repeat experience. I want to see what all the 10/10 reviewers think 1 week after release after all the hype is gone.
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    In many ways Titanfall has a lot of stuff and it should be good for a hundred hours of online chaos, but despite this it feels kind of kind of cut down. I'm not sure if hype scaled up what it was supposed to be but the everything new and exciting is almost balanced out by some, I don't want to say quality because that's not it, but something key thing that is lacking
  13. Mar 13, 2014
    Game is fun, for about an hour. After that it gets rather boring, rather quickly. Some new ideas were brought to the table, but they are no where near being able to pull the game out of what it really is. A very big disappointment. Nothing about this game screams next gen, 6v6 combat honestly? Very exciting for servers that are suppose to house up to 64 players. The titans had the most opportunity to succeed, but they also fail. Combat is repetitive, point, shoot, smash, eject, repeat. Overall, Microsoft succeed more in marketing rather then actually developing a decent game. Expand
  14. Mar 16, 2014
    Due to my disappointment in this game I was compelled to create an account and write a review. Total waste of $60+tax for me, I may be the minority but I enjoy a nice single player campaign and this game has none. Graphics could have been done on Xbox 360. Unless you love running ,gunning and multiplayer chaos, steer clear of this one or definitely rent it first.
  15. Mar 18, 2014
    a mediocre game with poor single player and a lack of originality, it's feels like call of duty with titans and parkour in it, i'd suggest you spend your $60 on dark souls 2
  16. Mar 14, 2014
    For a game that was hyped to oblivion I felt this game fell really short for me. To start it was multiplayer only which really in this day and age in gaming is unacceptable, the textures are muddy, the shadowing is poor and to some parts non existent, the weapons are not balanced, the combat style is ridiculous. Ultimately I think Titanfall really serves nothing new to the industry, just recycles something that's been done over and over again. Expand
  17. Mar 12, 2014
    I am really really let down by this game. I bought into the hype and I expected more because of it. 6v6 matches with the worst bot AI I have ever seen in the past 6 years is pathetic. The lacking customization options is shocking for a game made by the COD people. The parkour combat style is interesting and fun but loses its appeal quickly due to mid/late game titan spam.

This game has
    no replay value. No true campaign with no back story followed by a bland multiplayer experience isn't very exciting. With little to no reason to be excited to log. The lack of recoil on the weapons is also somewhat shocking, I feel like the weapons were taken from Counter Strike 1.6. The parkour style combat was a stolen idea from Brink (another disaster of a FPS).

Overall the game is bland, lacking depth with no real reason for me to log in and play it daily. What a titanflop. Just shows me not to buy into the hype ever again.
  18. Mar 15, 2014
    Sure, this is a cool game. But the lack of a campaign is crushing. Nowhere in any of the advertising was this made clear. I've looked forward to this game for months. And I recognize that the majority of gamers spend the majority of their time in multiplayer formats. But I spend the majority of my time living my life. I don't have the time or the patience to commit the amount of time it would take to become as proficient as the hard core fanatics out there. So I'm left with a game where pros will continue to repeatedly and frustratingly blow my head off rather than one with a story that over time, I would be able to complete. No disrespect to the multiplayer crowd, but this just isn't how I game. Expand
  19. Mar 16, 2014
    Typical example of overhyped game that is being reviewed positively because of paid reviewers. The actual real players user score is the real thing. Sadly I was expecting this game to be good, despite of the graphical shortcomings of the weak xbone. After a few hours the game gets boring, its the same thing again and again and nothing more to it. I had more fun with Jet Set Willy on ZX Spectrum...
  20. Mar 23, 2014
    Titanfall has to do with EA. There is no surprise that it is just another attempt to cash in on the fact that new consoles still have no killer games. It has an old engine, old graphics, no plot, no interesting features. It is just another average FPS for the sheeple. If you are intelligent avoid it at any cost, save your money and wait for really innovatative and interesting games that will be really developed to be real next gen. Expand
  21. Mar 24, 2014
    The game simply is nothing new. Half of a game being only MP. Game gets boring really quick too.

These last 5 comments sound like crappy door to door sales people, which likely means it's EA employees or Failspawn employees. It makes me sad and confused and annoyed all at once. Guess this is how a game company fails.
  22. Mar 25, 2014
    C'mon, this game is all hype. The graphics and frame rate are terrible. The lobbies kept booting me out. The campaign multiplayer is obviously rushed , heck most of the patch are all sound files for the game! The multiplayer is only enjoyable for a few days and it'll get boring right away.
  23. Mar 17, 2014
    Horrible. Campaign is a joke no point to it at all. Multiplayer was fun at first but got boring. For a multiplayer game only there are absolutely no guns with no variety of each type of gun. You can easily kill someone with the one of two assault rifles long range just as easy compared to a sniper. Attrition is a joke considering you can kill 50 NPCs that just look at you and get maybe 3 pilot kills and win the game as MVP. Not worth the "80 awards" they say they got and most defenitly not worth the 60 bucks for the 5 game modes even though 2 of them are the exact same thing. Expand
  24. Mar 17, 2014
    Honestly, I can't find the aspect that deserved all the hype this game received over the past months given the marketing blitz and all the anticipation. I thought for sure this game would be epic but it's left me dumbfounded and disappointed; thank GOD for Gamefly!!

Some highlights/thoughts on this mediocre game...

I do like the 'idea' (again, the idea not the execution) of the AI
    component but 90% of the time, players on both sides run right by the opposing AI players virtually unscathed. It's readily apparent these 'players' are nothing more than tin ducks in a shooting gallery to keep the player engaged so as not to turn off the game in boredom since it's not unimaginable, if you take a wrong turn at spawn, to virtually waste a minute+ trying to find opposing players.

The level up tier, unlock gadgets aspect is once again visited...and once again, done poorly as to offset unfairly the game play. I received the game the next day after release and already found myself squaring off against level 46+ players with advanced weaponry. It's sad to see the gaming industry have such limited vision they never throw this outdated mechanism into the trash bin.

Maps or should I say, lack thereof maps are subpar. The first day I played, I played the same 3 maps over and over and not until I changed server (tangent: WHY are West Coast servers always subpar and last to be updated, stable?) locations did I discover new maps. Even so, the maps themselves while appearing large actually 'play' very small especially when entering a titan. In short, maps (like in all games today) are not generated on playability but rather how pretty they look.

Speaking of titans...was anyone actually paying attention when building this game? 9 times out of 10, all titan battles end up within a radius of inches to each other. So it's almost comical to watch the graphical beasts bounce off each other yet only a punch is available as a melee weapon. And 3 out of the 5 main weapons are actually long distance weapons. The nuclear option is the only other method to melee but then you lose your titan.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I'm completely bored and/or stoned off my gourd, this game could be a 7 while in stone cold reality, this game is nothing more the recycled methods, ill conceived and executed.
  25. Mar 20, 2014
    Constant frame drops, severe tearing, awful AI and lack of offline matches with bots is unacceptable for $60 game on $500 next gen console. I wish I saved my money.
  26. Mar 12, 2014
    Tried the game out it don't feel much different from COD you still have your campers and lag only way to get kills is from the Bots. I don't see why they would take out the offline demographic because if you have no internet or bad internet you can't play the game if you live somewhere with bad internet/no internet i would not suggest picking it up. If the game had a offline mode i would get it but i don't like the idea of them blending MP and SP and making it always online i for one have bad internet and it sucks i won't get to enjoy this game. For what it is the but i could have the same experience with COD only without mechs. The maps are pretty fun but i would like a little destruction only thing i don't like about mechs is they don't last that long. Only reason i give this game a 2 is because i can't hardly play it unless i'm somewhere that has good internet. Expand
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    If you ever want to know what drives the gaming community nuts this game is a prime example. I'm going to keep it short and to the point. There is NO single player campaign! Yes, you read correctly. What you're paying the $60 price tag for is a multiplayer game. There is nothing new nor "innovative" about this game (as most sell-out critics would like for you to believe). You want to play a fast paced shooter? How about the latest Call of Duty or Battlefield installment or any shooter these days? You want to play a mech game? How about Hawken? BTW Hawken is free-to-play and the graphics is virtually identical to this one. So basically what this game does is combine the most prominent parts from other games and calls it innovation. And you're paying $60 for it... for a multiplayer game.

This is why I never read the critics reviews, I only scan through them and from the looks of it the majority of them gave this game a 90 or higher LOL. Something fishy is going on. Can you believe this bullshiiiet! What I do read are the mixed and negative reviews from the critics and the reviews from the users. I never based my decision on buying games from critics reviews because they are mostly sell-outs giving a higher score to the company that can pay them the most. Because of this unprofessionlism by the so called "critics", I have fully replaced them with the User Reviews as my new source for professional criticism. After all, it's the majority consensus that matters. Therefore, if the critics gave a game a 9/10 or even a perfect 10 but the users gave it a **** score, I'm going to side with the user's base decisions.
  28. Mar 12, 2014
    A game with great potential fell short of being something amazing, The idea was solid, but with a nasty after taste of been there and done that, Seems that a lot of game developers are too afraid to step out of the normality of what FPS's have become, they are suckling off stale gameplay and mechanics, A so called campaign built around multiplayer, shouldn't be called campaign a regular multiplayer match with dialogue is hardly a worthy campaign, I get it they tried to save money by not even bothering but did they really save money or did they just alienate potential profit to those who enjoy playing campaign and not multiplayer, plus on top of that those who would love to play it offline. I don't know where they get their skewed statistics on players who prefer multiplayer over campaign but I am certainly not one of them, they slacked off big time with this title, limited weapons, limited titans, limited customization options and DLC on the way for an incomplete game, hardly deserving of a $59.99 price tag, thank god for origin offering refunds. Got to play enough of the game to realize it was stale and boring and saw no further enjoyment. Expand
  29. Mar 20, 2014
    First off, 6v6 match, 792p which is unacceptable for this generation and hopefully a future patch will change this. Frequent framerate dips. Intolerable.
  30. Mar 16, 2014
    Negative: I personally have more negative point than postive point, just because Respawn made some pretty bad choices and made this more a console game. The auto aim gun is just lame. The rounds are way to short and why in the hell does CTF have half time? Why can you see the flag carrier, still a simple port from the X1 and not a true pc build, dont even get me started about the bots in the game.
    Positive: plays really sweet on pc and is pretty addictive! The combination of being a soldier and being able to hop in a titan is pretty cool. To bad Respawn didn't add some kind of Assualt mod to this game, because this game just scream assault!

Being a true Quake, BF and UT player this game will not hold my attention form long and I will be back to my ussual game in a month or 2 max. Just because Titanfall got to many flaws, rounds are way to short and there is no really challange which make it a pretty boring game!
  31. Mar 14, 2014
    I know, is a fun game. But I have to write about Titanfall problems.
    1- Is just a Call of Duty clone. Every moviment, gameplay, shoting, weapons is at least similar to CoD.
    2- Is a 6x6 multiplayer with the "dumbest" bots of all time. Why? I told you. Because Titanfall wants you and everyone killing more than dying. Every noob will think he is good. The titan it self help on this way too.

3- Titanfall is a combination of a Call of Duty Productor + EA Games + Microsoft Plataform. Could it be worse?
    4- Like Call of Duty, Titanfall was made to make noobs happy. On both games is very easy to kill. Just hold the trigger and the weapon will do the magic for you. You can be far away from the target, but all the shots will go perfectly straight to it. The weapon dont have recoil, is so artificial. All this things make the game more easy for the noobs.Even Counter Strike 1.5 has more realistic weapons than CoD and Titanfall.
    5- Concluding: Im not saying that you cant have fun with this game. You probably will. But dont change the fact that Im talking about. That game sucks like CoD, but will sell like water. Unfortunately.
  32. Mar 12, 2014
    Gameplay wise, it's a big let down after all the talk from game journos (promoters). It's an ok'ish shooter.
    low frames per sec, very low at times, it does not feel "next-gen" at all, graphics are nothing to brag about also. After about 12hrs play, I'm done. There are better shooters to play.
  33. Mar 15, 2014
    I really wanted to like Titanfall. I really did. A FPS shooter with MECHS. How could this go wrong??!! Well it does. First off the graphics. You can tell that they rushed this to port it to the XBONE. It is distinctly X360 looking and not even the best of that. I can get over ("just good") graphics.

No storyline or campaign. I was under no disillusionment about this.
    Unfortunately it makes me not care about my Titan or my team. It's just team based chaos.

The Titans can't go wrong, right? Sorry. They just feel like large player models that have a huge "KILL ME" sign painted on them. The Titans don't bring anything to the battlefield that you can't accomplish on foot. And that is very disappointing.

Final grade? 2 out of 10. The AI is bad. The graphics are good, not quality for the XBONE, you are better off not using a Titan, no single player. Not my type of game. I really did not like my time with Titanfall.

(One last thing: If you aren't a serious gamer or have tons of time to just get good at this game, good luck. Not for those with 30 minutes here and there or new video game players. The level of competition will make this game so frustrating you will regret purchasing.)
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    I have never before seen a game hyped this much that personally entertained so little. I have spent a lot of time on FPS like COD and Battlefield, and this game does not measure up to those in my opinion. I think the point proves itself by looking at the ratings, the "pro critics" have the game up near 90 while the actual players are rating it closer to 65.

The multiplayer is good,
    but certainly not groundbreaking. The matchmaking is just awful, many times so unbalanced that it makes competition unrealistic. The Titans are much like having a tank in Battlefield, nothing new. The only real new feature is the AI controlled players, which is neat but makes it very hard to tell what are bots and what are enemy players.

The real breaking point of the game for me was the storyline (or lack of one). Having no single player campaign is bad enough, but the multiplayer campaign is almost insulting. Nothing more than the normal multiplayer with a few seconds of video and narrative thrown in. It is the worst attempt at a campaign I have seen in any game, big budget or otherwise.

Overall the game is fun for a few hours, but gets repetitive quicker than other FPS and without a true campaign or single player Titanfall is half the game of COD or Battlefield. It is at best an average game. The ratings and hype given to this game have me and those I play with puzzled. After playing this game for about 12 hours total, I have lost interest and am moving on...maybe back to COD. To bad, I was really looking forward to it thanks to the hype...
  35. Mar 18, 2014
    rip-off, should be a £15 game. As much depth as snap. You know who's going to win in the for 1min (90% of the time). So everyone quits and you end up with an even worse team. a Noob game.

Robots are just a big you, with a shield.
  36. Mar 17, 2014
    I've never thought to write a review before, that was until I played this horribly, boring game. Graphics are nice enough as are the sound and visual effects but nothing to write home about. For a supposedly next-gen "groundbreaking" game-on a next-gen system, I cannot see what is so special. Xbox 360 should be enough to be honest. The controls feel fluid and animations are generally ok. But that's it. Those things in themselves do not make for a good game. Especially one which costs as much as this.

In a nutshell I could just state that the game is boring. 6v6 seems to be a good number of players but it all feels too fast-paced. Matches last a couple of minutes and then you wait for 2 minutes to play again. There doesn't seem to be enough incentive to keep playing either. I just don't get it and I think that a lot of the other reviewers who are giving this such high scores are deluding themselves, trying to justify why they spent so much money on this over-hyped piece of crud. I bought Plants vs Zombies at the same time and I have spent the majority of my time on that. Plants vs Zombies is just pure fun with plenty to achieve and unlock. Titanfall... meh.
  37. Mar 14, 2014
    The main features of this "game" you ask? Instant-respawns, tiny length matches limited to 6v6 with bots, aimbot rapid-fire pistols, 6+ year old graphics, no campaign and non-stop repetitive "run & gun" combat with little to no variation on small maps. Truly the definition of an overhyped piece of garbage. Terrible game, 30GB of the 50GB is just bloated audio assets.
  38. Mar 20, 2014
    Insanely awesome, but c'mon Microsoft. No split screen? What the hell is up with that. Remember when hanging out and playing video games with a bunch of friends was a thing? And fun?
    Yeah. Not anymore. Screw that.
  39. Mar 14, 2014
    Game gets boring after about 10hrs. Nowhere near the replay value of battlefield or cod. Wait for the price drops but even then it probably isn't worth it
  40. Mar 26, 2014
    Titanfall is just another COD clone.
    First minutes in i was already feeling ripped off. The background image of planet earth taken from the internet "keywords: our planet earth fanpop" ?! the same old font used on every COD title, same COD narrative and dialogue you´ve heard over and over again. You need to wait for people to join to play the campaign...No server browsing again, no auto
    even teams system. The bots just make you feel even lonelier than the player limit imposed by the game. The only good thing good about this game are the graphics.
    I dont understand how can people be so blind not to feel they are just playing another COD title with different visual appearance.
    There are better Free To Play games, Do not waste your money on this game before trying it if you´re tired of COD titles.
  41. Mar 28, 2014
    It was ok for a couple days, but then all my friends stopped playing it and said it was boring. I kept playing a few more days and finally saw what they meant. It's the same thing every match, just kill bots. Not enough people, you can't destroy anything at all. Can't even blow a hole in a wall, just shows a black mark. the few game modes it does have are all the same, there's no teamwork. The only fun part ended up being a novelty, Jumping up a wall. Games have done that forever, the game can't even run properly, it freezes up and starts stuttering and the framerate dips down to probably 3-4 frames per second for no reason at all. This happens not even in intense combat, just randomly.

Avoid the purchase, unless you're like me and don't care what others think or say. I had to find out for myself, and it cost me $20 that I lost when selling it used on ebay. It's just not a good game at all unless you're renting it for a weekend.
  42. Mar 30, 2014
    I wrote a long review that metacritic lost, this game isnt worth me writing it all again so bullet points No split screen No offline co op No offline anything Campaign has no story Overpriced even before counting all the dlc coming Very little content considering they said they did no single player so they could concentrate on multiplayer. There is nothing new, titans are like tanks, double jump means the buildings are designed like you are supposed to jump up them because there are no stairs.

Its just awful, and in a years time when people stop playing it this game will quickly become uselss because if no one is playing it then no one can play it. I can see this being the first game that isnt even worth selling second hand.

Vote against ea with your wallet and dont buy it or dont buy the next version of this they churn out next year
  43. Mar 22, 2014
    Complete waste of Money, bastardized version of COD / Battlefield with a $60 tag on it. The campaign is the biggest joke I have seen from a AAA game. The people who review this should take User reviews into account. Hawken is similar and is Free 2 Play. What a rip-off. I feel the Humble bundle has better games than this garbage.
  44. Mar 22, 2014
    Cod with mechs, Luckily for me I am a CoD fan, so it wasn't bad, but it will not keep my attention, I got my share of twitch arcade shooters with ghosts this year, on to real next gen games like infamous.
  45. Mar 21, 2014
    EDIT: I had to re-write my original review. I originally noted that Titanfall was a simplistic and shallow online-only shooter that lacked character and depth. Despite the developers insistence that it was not Call of Duty with mechs, it is exactly that--a point and click shooter with nothing new. The game is a small game pretending to be epic by using lots of motion on the screen. Limited customization, limited gameplay modes, limited story, limited number of players, limited number of maps. But I had originally praised the game's lack of micro-transactions, and recommended the game over most shooters for that reason...giving the game a positive review. I was wrong. EA has now announced plans for what appears to be a truly staggering amount of DLC, which will roll out over many months or years...including the dreaded "map packs" that plague other online shooters. That makes this game nothing but a trimmed down, basic "starter pack" for what may be hundreds of dollars in DLC. That is awful, and so it this game. Expand
  46. Mar 24, 2014
    + Fast paced and can be fun. + Mission intros are kind of neat. + Bots are easy to kill. + Parkour elements are still the best out there. + Has potential… + Some things look great. - Some things also look horrendous. - Takes minutes to get into a match(waited 20 min once.) - Servers are no where near as smooth as the beta. Constantly dropping frame rates leading to many wtf deaths.
    - Story is nonsensical crap. Seriously, it’s horrendous.
    - Less than 2 hour ‘campaign’ that doesn’t matter if you win matches or not.
    - EXTREMELY low amount of unlockables (10 guns total, less than 5 perks.)
    - Guns/maps are generic and forgettable.
    - Low player count means lots of time spent looking for humans.
    - Sniper took 4 shots to kill someone.. assault rifle took 3. WTF.
    - Black Ops 2 is still better and has much more value/worth.
  47. Mar 27, 2014
    This game was so over-hyped its ridiculous. I've been playing it since launch and I get more and more frustrated with it each time I play. I'm having a hard time figuring out how many hit markers it takes to actually kill something. I feel like I load a clip into an enemy pilot and they just fly away only to have another come from behind me and melee me. I find myself only really wanting to play for an hour whereas COD I seem to want to play forever and I dont even like ghosts that much. I was really looking forward to this game, but the loadouts suck, the sutomization choices suck (why even bother with a sidearm) and I hate the burncard system. This game could be so much more. It's very pretty, but gets old quickly. Glad I didn't waste my $$$ on the season pass. Expand
  48. Apr 7, 2014
    Huge letdown, the game gets boring very quick. I got about 2 days worth of enjoyment out of it. Lot of hype, lot of disappointment. Little customization, no strategy, not much of a storyline... just chaos.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME BASED ON THE HYPE YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.
  49. Mar 26, 2014
    The hype around it made me expect a very good game, so when I saw how mediocre it is, I was obviously disappointed.

I see Titanfall as a regular shooter (like Battlefield for example), but without the single player. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, it has good graphics and an acceptable gameplay, however, that's it.

I kept hearing how original it is and how it changes the
    shooter genre, but I really don't see it. The fact that you can double jump or wall-run, I don't think it's really revolutionary. And the part with the Titans, if in other multiplayer games you have tanks and vehicles, here you have Titans, which essentially are the same thing, only they look cooler.

Bottom line, I enjoyed playing the game for a while, but that's it. I would've given it a much bigger score if it had a solid single player campaing along side this multiplayer, but sadly it's not the case.

I will definitely be more careful when going for EA games that are not FIFA from now on.
  50. Mar 24, 2014
    Exclusively multiplayer with a cap of 12 players?

An FPS with foot soldiers who can enter and control a heavy armoured vehicle. Thats not innovation.
  51. Mar 20, 2014
    Titanfall is totally awesome but not the best game out there 6vs6 cmon so far for next gen xbox!! after two weeks i am getting bored of hoping in and out of titans i need a freaking campaign!! went back to my ps4s killzone to finish it on hard mode i had to man titanfall really needs a campaign RESPAWN!!!
  52. Mar 24, 2014
    If you like shooting things as a man in a mech then this is for you. No real substance with Lost planet aspirations without the story or engaging gameplay, overhyped and average visuals don't help much. Try renting it, if you love it great, if not, you saved your cash. Very disappointing.
  53. Mar 21, 2014
    After maxing out my level I now find titanfall boring to play.
    I can play it on small stages but as it's just a small team death match game there isn't much more to do anymore.

I can't see horde mode being great as I didn't like horde mode on gears, it's just a survival and that's not really fun.

Low score as no replay ability (after maxing out level) or real depth to the game.
  54. Mar 27, 2014
    If i was to rate this game in the first 8 hours of gameplay id give it a 7 out of ten but after 14 hours im now so bored i cant even be bothered playing it. The gameplay is great but there is NO content whatsoever. I unlocked everything within 9 hours and now you just use the same weapon on the same titan with the same pilot loadout over and over again because of the very few weapons in the game only a few of them are even worth using. As for the campaign mode its a complete waste of time and cant even be called a campaign at all.
    I will agree the gameplay is great but that is the only redeeming feature of this game.
    Its like having a good looking skeleton. No flesh whatsoever and i dont know anyone on my friends list who is still playing this after the first week of owning.
    Massive let down and not worth the money at all.
  55. Apr 20, 2014
    Truly awful game-avoid at all costs. I'll just include this brief description that should shed some like on the quality of the game: in one level you are fighting on top of giant dinosaur bones with teradactyls flying over your head.

Also, after about an hour, you start to notice some of the players behaving oddly. Then you find out that most of the "players" you've been killing are
    nothing but AI controlled bots. Expand
  56. Mar 27, 2014
    Game is just nothing short of bad. I have seen Titanfall and that is all. Titans, falling out of the sky. I am traumatized because I spent my student loan money on an Xbox one and now I'm broke and nobody wants to buy it back. Worse thing is a few weeks later after I bought the xbox for this game, xbox price went down and this game was given away for free with it.

Gameplay- Barely
    passable. Shoot enemies, jump on titans rinse and repeat.
    Graphics- Are you serious?? Looks like Turok 64.
    Sound- Sounds like your run of the mill generic ftp shooter.
    fun- If holding L and pressing R is fun to you then go ahead.
    Replay Value- I played 5 matches and I had enough. I will probably pawn my xbox one not fall for the hype ever again.
    I totally recommend this game to everyone else though, it's truly something worth seeing.
  57. Mar 31, 2014
    One Massive missed opportunity. Multiplayer only? Ok but how about a few more multiplayer features than a standard game? Nope. What we get is far less than what we've come to expect from even the most basic multiplayer experiences. And while giant robots might be fun they are hardly ground breaking to video games (mech warrior anyone?) Yeah It's fun but after a few hours you've seen and done it all.
    It gets a big ol' meh from me. Play it once at a friends house and save your money.
  58. Apr 23, 2014
    One of the most overrated games I've had the displeasure of playing; this game is very shallow and doesn't really offer any creative style of play, just the illusion of creative play. The burn card system introduces too much random overpoweredness into encounters, the focus on killing minions makes it feel like a single player game that just happens to have other people in it, not enough game modes... only a few maps, though I don't think that matters since all the maps play essentially the same anyway, I've played through the entire first "gen" of this game and wouldn't be able to tell you the name of any of the maps because it just doesn't matter.

Also, the performance is just terrible on the Xbox One. For a game that only looks marginally better than an Xbox 360 game you'd expect not to have to deal with constant frame-rate stuttering and massive screen tearing, but alas, those are your constant companions in this game.

It is kind of sad that this game isn't even the best multiplayer-focused FPS game published by EA for the Xbox One, that honor would go to Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare which is much more fun and interesting than this steaming turd.
  59. Aug 11, 2014
    Well after 99.99999999999% of games having single player modes its all my fault for not researching to find out that this game doesn't have one. Looks like you can't just hear a game is good anymore... I guess I was just lucky on all those other games.

Lets get past the whole not being a real game part because I should have known that (I was well aware you needed XBL gold and I do have
    it) but when you play a totally online game the first time not on opening weekend this is your experience.

Click on play Titanfall, go right to a match which is not balanced to play with other brand new players against a bunch of guys who have been at it for months and here is the big surprise. The guys who have played hundreds of games beat the players who don't know what all the buttons do! Wow such fun! Oh wait was I supposed to take a university course on Titanfall controls before I played? games are asking for too much time these days.

Maybe I'm just too old for games, I like to sit down and play a game just a few hours a week for fun and by a few I mean like 2 hours per week tops.

All that being said, a game mode where you play with other people who just started also would be nice, playing my first game against 3 guys who at the maximum level is just stupid, really really stupid.

I couldn't return the game and I would rather let it collect dust on the shelf than sell it for 11 bucks so there it will stay...
  60. sud
    May 13, 2014
    has to zero wtf x box magazine 100%.what a joke.shoul be trying to fix the bugs instead of slapping themselfs on the back.why not try making something that works
  61. May 6, 2014
    Right, you're thinking "Zero is ridiculous, this is not a terrible game!", and you're right. The game itself is good fun. When it Works. Unfortunately Respawn saw fit to implement a matchmaking "fix" in late March that creates lobbies based on skill level rather then connection strength. This means that for a huge portion of their customers (I'm guessing ones with good internet connections but not in geographically central locations) the game is basically unplayable. It worked perfectly pre-fix, but now: I can only access two of the game types. I wait for on average 3 - 5 minutes to find a game. Lag is constant and terrible. Lobbies are always mismatched. This has been happening for more than a month, and Respawn have barely acknowledged the problem, despite thousands of posts about it in their own forums. I urge you to visit the game's forums yourself before buying to read about what's been happening. In short: avoid this! If you bought a Playstation 4 instead of an Xbox One (unlike me) do not regret your decision in the least. Expand
  62. Jun 13, 2014
    So Titanfall would have my undying respect and admiration if it was anywhere near playable. A large part of the community is unable to level due to the fact that there is a glitch that makes origin accounts not track progress. So you are perpetually stuck at whatever level it starts at. EA support will also just refund you the game because they haven't fixed it. I could not do the campaign or any multiplayer except using stock characters. Expand
  63. Jun 5, 2014
    Hopefuily a nice, rough spanking wakeup call for the gaming industry that people don't appreciate being spoon-fed the usual call of duty glue as they did a couple of years ago.

People grow up, EA. You should too.
  64. Jul 16, 2014
    The game doesn't work. Plain and simple. If you bought the Xbox One Titanfall bundle with the digital download, then the game will lock up at a certain point in the campaign without fail. No one has found a solution, and the developers have done nothing at all to address it several months after release. If you can't play a game at all, then it's worthless.
  65. Jun 15, 2014
    Titanfall on the Xbox One is a beautiful, fast paced and spectacular game that is fun but lacks in depth and long term interest. After all the hype leading up to release; the final game is distinctly lacking which leads to huge disappointment.

The game probably has the best FPS mechanics I've ever seen and it runs very smoothly. The game is balanced and the bullet detection is spot-on.
    These are critical areas in the genre and Titanfall has these bases covered. So what is wrong with it?

Firstly; 6v6 and bots is an issue. The maps are rich, varied and stunning but the combat often feels soulless. The player count has been sacrificed to accommodate the titans into the game and the gunplay really suffers for this. The core concept has ultimately destroyed a key part of the game already. The maneuvering and shooting may be fast and fluid but the combat just feels generic and samey. You can't change your play-styles or tactics as everything is frantic. This may please some but others may be looking for some tactical edge to add to the gameplay. Even in the few modes available; everything plays out essentially the same so there is no real diversity to the matches. 10 years ago this would have been brilliant but I feel people are just looking for that bit extra variation as they approach matches.

There is also a distinct lack of weapons and unlocks which is another critical issue for maintaining long-term interest. You can prestige similar to Call of Duty but there is literally no point as each generation offers nothing new in terms of weapons or customization. By level 45 in 20 hours; I'd pretty much unlocked and seen everything. There is no camo and most challenges you finish which also mimic COD just result in XP earned for leveling which as stated; feels pointless. The matchmaking and wait times are also completely and utterly unacceptable and often infuriating. The lack of players online also makes it difficult to get into matches quickly and efficiently.

Overall Titanfall should have been better. It does not deserve the hype and chances are you will be bored very quickly indeed. The game has some of the best positives ever seen within the genre but lets itself down in key areas which affect long term interest and enjoyment. You can have some fun on the game but in very quick instances. The core concept and lack of depth to the multiplayer leaves this game completely flawed. Even with more layers of unlocks and new modes which are possible in the future; I can't see the waning interest subsiding. The poor matchmaking and diminishing community reflects a lack of interest and at full price, even with a lack of games on the One so far; I'd avoid.

Hype wins. EA wins. Gamers get screwed. Don't fall for it.
  66. Jun 13, 2014
    Electronic Arts, you suck! What, can I tell you? If you've played a EA title that was not a sports game in the last 5 years you're well aware of the piece of crap you'll be playing before purchase. This game lacks diversity, and gets boring fast. I played Titanfall for 20 minutes then turned off my X1 to go read the news.

This game like all EA productions lacks value. The game is
    fundamental. There is maybe 5 online game modes, 10 weapons, and 8 maps to choose from, and thats the game.

There isn't even a story mode. When was the last time you bought a FPS that didn't include a story mode? NEVER! Thats when. In place of a story mode there is a campaign. But there is one problem with the campaign, it's literally the exact same thing as the multiplayer. WHAT THE **CK are these idiot thinking?

Who are you fooling, EA?
  67. Aug 22, 2014
    Initially a fun game but unfortunately becomes boring very quickly. The game lacks any depth and matches play out the same each time. The lack of single player is frustrating and further hamper the longevity of the game. Initially was happy with the game within 2 weeks have moved on to more exciting games.
  68. Apr 11, 2014
    Entirely disappointing. Gameplay feels a lot like Call of Duty. Mech combat feels a lot like Halo 4. Neither of those is a good thing. Perks and bonuses and burn cards, feels unbalanced right from the start. With no story no sense of accomplishment. Is this all $60 buys you these days. Top notch production values. Like a hollywood star all flash and glitz with no substance.
  69. Jul 28, 2014
    This game is great fun for a hour then it runs down hill with boredom and for a $60 game it is a rip off , you get 3 titans barley any guns or ordnances , perks and so on . The game is empty most games like cod and others are fine because you get a meaty mp game and a sp story but here you get no sp and the mp is far from meaty it is downright empty , for the sequel try looking at plants vs. zombies garden warfare to see how to make a mp only game , first don't charge full price $39.99 is perfect for mp only games and second have a decent amount of content like p vs. z they have tons of weapons , upgrades , costumes and more and they even give us a great free dlc that was huge with more content not making us pay nearly $20 for 3 maps because Xbox is greedy and charges tax unlike Sony . Expand
  70. Aug 15, 2014
    Titanfall unfortunately was a total waste of time. If you were looking for a game that was realistic with a great story line, characters, and just over all fun I would go back to GameStop and just wait to pre order hard line. Otherwise if you are a 10 year old call of duty veteran that only plays video games to shoot people, have no tactics, and not pay attention to the quality in a game then please go get this game so you guys can stick to playing this crappy game so we won't have to be bothered by you guys.

In the beginning of the game as you play the training it was actually pretty good it told you about 70% of the controls. After that you get into the story line and from there you get completely lost everything just went crazy it goes straight into the fight with no story line. You don't know where you are. You don't know what you are doing there, you don't know who you are fighting and why, you don't know any of the characters, you don't know who you are. (Besides being a "pilot") the characters in the story mode are just Ridiculous. There is no background on any of the characters. While you play the campaign you also play with other online players. That was a huge mistake the creators made. Because they didn't think that when people get the game and play the campaign 2 month after the release date. All the people that have had the game since it came out are all ready level caped are playing agains people that are level 1. The whole time I played the campaign we lost every round because the enemy team was more experienced, better equipped, and at least new what the controls were! This game should be scrapped and retried. If they corrected all of there flaws this could be a good game. And yes there is a lot more stuff wrong with this game I'm definitely not going to sit here writing an essay about this all night. Read some different reviews. And read user reviews not the company ones. Most of them get paid to say good reviews or they just don't want to seem like there being a dick to a different company. This game is worth buying only at the value of $12 tops!!!. I'm just thankful that this game came with my xbox one so I didn't pay extra for it. I feel bad for the people that payed the 60 bucks.
  71. Oct 13, 2014
    repetitive gameplay system, the campaign is outrage to the gamers, the graphics are ugly, the call of duty's spirit is there and makes wrong, no offline gaming, just like a botzone or something more
  72. May 24, 2014
    There are fun parts i admit... but the novelty wears off pretty quickly. the 'campaign' (or lack of one) was an abomination. dull and just extremely boring. multiplayer had a few fun parts e.g. last titan standing but certain things like the bullet damage balance ruin it , for some reason shooting somebody in the face is far less effective than melee somebody.. makes no sense to me
  73. Sep 25, 2014
    Call Of Duty in space that uses every cookie cutter video game design short cut in the book. It doesn't have an original idea in it's tiny blonde head. No single player campaign, poor network code. Some very nice art and design that give it street cred, otherwise nothing to see here ...unless you actually do want Call Of Duty in space.
  74. Apr 10, 2014
    I had high expectations after hearing inside gaming rave on about his game for months and especially after seeing that it had won over 60 awards but I'm really disappointed at how lame this game is... 1/10 the only good thing it has going for it is the parkour... other than that just poor character customisation, tiny maps, 12 player limit, campaign which really isn't a campaign at all and terrible bot AI (often saw bots stood still shooting at walls) also I read that they are bringing out DLC soon.... which only means they want more of our dimes.. EA you just keep letting me down Expand
  75. Apr 14, 2014
    Well I gave the game a good try, I played through the entire campaign. Parts of it were mildly fun: controlling the titans, evacuating the battlefield, etc. but I have the feeling that the matchmaking software that supposed to match you up with like skilled players either isn't working or was never implemented in the game in the first place. I was put in matches with players 47 levels higher than me who must have had a ton of unlocks or something because I never stood a chance. Getting one shot by other players really isn't that great of a time. Every game that I played in was a total loss. There were players on the other team in attrition mode that had 100 points themselves. I really expected more out of this generation of FPS games. If this is what we have to look forward to than count me out. Expand
  76. Apr 23, 2014
    Titanfall, from what I hear, is a great game. The mechs look cool as hell, the let’s plays and the streams all look like a blast. A place I’d love to be and play. A game I could finally play with my friends on Xbox Live. And if my internet gave out, then maybe single player could carry it. It looks like a contender for GOTY. It looks downright fun. And it might be, maybe, I will not know anytime soon. You see, TGAX is bunkered in rural east Texas where the only internet option is HughesNet. Satellite internet is notoriously bad for 2 reasons, download limits and ping times.

Next Gen Size
    The day one update for Titanfall is just shy of 850MB. Which honestly is a great number. It’s a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers Dead Rising 3 has been throwing out for their updates. But 850MB still hurts when your plan is the highest you can get and you’re capped to 20GB during the day and 20GB between 2:00am and 8:00am. Next Gen assumes everyone is on an always on, unlimited, minimum 5mbps down internet connection with below 100ms ping times, and the numbers just do not support this idea.

Next Gen Speed
    The best ping time I have ever tested is 768ms. The worst is 1,083ms. Imagine that for a second in a twitch shooter. Hell, imagine that in Minecraft. That amount of lag is simply incredible, and a spectacle to behold. You run the same five steps for minutes at a time. You kill but it doesn’t count. You get killed and have no idea why. Online gaming with satellite internet is completely unbearable if not impossible. I have no idea why but the only game I’ve tested online that wasn’t horrendous was GTA V. Thankfully, I tried the Titanfall beta before launch. You know that single-player tutorial? Even THAT was a laggy, crap experience.

Always On
    The reasons listed above are a few of the reasons the fan base flipped out when Microsoft stated their new system would require an internet connection at least every 24 hours. This is why Titanfall sucks. I can’t go buy the game and be content with a 10 hour campaign, all the while longing to play the multiplayer everyone is raving about. I, and everyone without a great connection, are excluded from playing the game altogether. It won’t even be sold in South Africa due to these kinds of issues. Titanfall can only be as great as the internet connection you have. Review scores are meaningless unless you have decent internet. I don’t care how many high scores it receives, we can’t recommend a game that not everyone can play in some shape or form.

Final Tally
    We give Titanfall a 1 – Do Not Buy, for its lack of playability for everyone who wants to give their hard earned money to Respawn.
  77. May 11, 2014
    This game is the embodiment of everything that's wrong with the overhyped AAA game industry. They assume all gamers do is plop down in front of the TV for quick bursts of gameplay, not thinking or remembering the time spent! No campaign? Only multiplayer? they think they can sell us a cheezy second rate multiplayer game and sell it full price? No way JOSE! ZERO OUTA TEN the devs wasted teir time and money. Expand
  78. Jun 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was so hyped for Titanfall. It was the first next-gen game to come out that wasn't a sequel to another game.
    The first few hours were good, but then i realised that there was little to no guns at all, with very scarce customisation options, 3 scopes a silencer and extended mags, was not all the attachments I was expecting to be restricted to. The titans at first seem like they are powerful, but the anti-titan guns are very overpowered, and the titans aren't very reliable at all. Compared to battlefield, another of EA's games, the gameplay and gun play feel like they lack anything interesting. When I bought it for nearly £60, I have not played it for weeks, and that is an example of how unenjoyable the game is. Sure, they have nice graphics, but not NEXT-GEN graphics, I was really disappointed with this game
  79. Jul 2, 2014
    I'll give it a 1 because I'm nice, Titanfall is the worst shooter on the market. I got first day and a poster woohoo, but only played it for 2 days and it got completely boring. It's the same thing over and over and over again. It's a game solely based on non - competitive multiplayer and how long is that going to last? I only made it to level 20 and if I play it now, I only last one game maybe not even. Completely stupid, no solo campaign, it's just dumb. There campaign is multiplayer... what?! This game blows. Expand
  80. Jul 13, 2014
    So I can only play a game I bought with my money when someone else wants to play. What the actual f*&^. No story and no clue what this game is actually all about. Kids are playing lego Marvel Super Heroes, vastly more entertaining than this
  81. Sep 11, 2014
    Horribly boring game. There are about 10 maps and all of the gameplay is against other run and gunners online. No strategy whatsoever - just kill, die, respawn, wait till end of mission, repeat. I beat the game in an hour (i.e. all of the levels) and I could only replay each one a few times before I wanted to return the game. Story? What story? I'm told to go in that direction and kill as much as I can before I die - got it. Laughable how anyone could enjoy this for more than 10 hours. Anyone who does is mindless. Expand
  82. Sep 10, 2014
    the number of players in comparison to the number of AI is too little. and the titans are the worst part of the game. I don't use them as you get less kills in them than you do with as a pilot. and they interfere with your game play as a pilot. the first minute before the titans come along is the only kind of fun minute of the game. and i mean only kind of and tehre is only one gun that 90% of people use. no customisation Expand
  83. Sep 10, 2014
    I buying game, not gord, it very disappointment.
    Graphics: Gord gord
    Gameplay: Not gord
    Innovate: Not gord
    I playing on box-X, but I don't having one long thumb and short thumb, very uncomfor-tayble for mee.
    Mutheryuckar dooooooon't buy it.
  84. Oct 5, 2014
    Disappointing game. Lacks true single player campaign. The visuals are good and the game actions are fluid enough. The one true downfall (pun intended) is repetition. And the creators try to mask this with the illusion of a pre-mission story. If you like that kind of stuff, then this might be worth it for you. Not for me.
  85. Oct 12, 2014
    Wow this gets boring really really fast. I quite like the multiplayer games, but this one really just feels like a crappy version of COD. It's not much better than the Mech games of the early 90's.

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Aside from a few minor quibbles (I can jump across streets and hop over entire buildings, but a knee-high window ledge is insanely finicky to get past?) Titanfall is undoubtedly a great game which does an exceptional job of breathing new life into an increasingly-stale genre.
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    An intensely fun multiplayer game that is accessible and fun for everyone. Not perfect, but that's what sequels are for.
  3. Apr 7, 2014