Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Xbox One

7.5

1. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a very good action adventure game. With puzzles, great shooting mechanics and tons of explorable areas , this game will keep you busy for quite a while. BUT WHAT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND, is why you would buy this game if you previously had it. It is the SAME GAME. Those who bought it again and are complaining about a lack of innovation are idiots. IT IS THE SAME **** GAME. Buy it ifThis is a very good action adventure game. With puzzles, great shooting mechanics and tons of explorable areas , this game will keep you busy for quite a while. BUT WHAT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND, is why you would buy this game if you previously had it. It is the SAME GAME. Those who bought it again and are complaining about a lack of innovation are idiots. IT IS THE SAME **** GAME. Buy it if you have not already, because it's great, but if you already have the 7th gen version or the PC version, YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS GAME, lol. People are basically complaining about their own stupidity on here. Expand
  2. Apr 30, 2014
    Excelente game. Wonderfull scenario. Amazing music and soundtrack. I'm really impressed. Worth every peny. It is a exciting game from the beggining to the end.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    One of the best action adventure games this far. Camera, moving and shooting works a lot smoother than in Uncharted 3 or older Tomb Raider games and story itself is great.

I have played this game before for PS3 and Xbox 360 so it's just same game with different looking Lara, better graphics and all DLC's included. While i played Xbox One version of this game i had problems with some single player achievements not unlocking properly and i didn't get change to try multiplayer because there was not enought players online. Kinect in this game is pretty much useless because it's faster to change weapons from d-pad than say "shotgun" or something else like that.

Anyways. If you haven't owned last gen version of this game then this game is totally worth of money.
  4. Oct 30, 2014
    Having been brought up within the Tomb Raider era having played the 1st TR on the playstation, I was a little skeptical about 1st of all a rehash of how lara became Tomb Raider' I bought it on Xbox 360 because as I said, I grew up with Lara. I was more than pleasantly surprised and hated not having when it was time to get rid in order to fund my Xbox One. I got TR DE the day it wasHaving been brought up within the Tomb Raider era having played the 1st TR on the playstation, I was a little skeptical about 1st of all a rehash of how lara became Tomb Raider' I bought it on Xbox 360 because as I said, I grew up with Lara. I was more than pleasantly surprised and hated not having when it was time to get rid in order to fund my Xbox One. I got TR DE the day it was released and to this day, can still go back and play it. I love replaying areas gathering cache's and artifacts I missed on the way to completing the game. I adored this game so much and really looking forward to the next installment in late 2015.

A must buy for anyone who loves the TR franchise and or 3rd person shooters
  5. Feb 24, 2014
    The graphics and the level design are superb but I do think the gameplay did get a little repetitive at some parts such as the shanty-town fight or fighting waves of enemies towards the final section of the game.

However those damn QTEs are horrible. QTEs are always bad, but sometimes they can at least be well implemented to not hurt the players entertainment, unfortunately that isn't the case here, the QTEs are frequent and unpleasant.

It also would be nice to have seen the game running at 60FPS but it still plays great at 30.
  6. Mar 28, 2014
    Amazing port to the X1 I would say it's a must buy. Fantastic story, gameplay, graphics, atmosphere make this a must buy. Multiplayer is also very fun, surprisingly. Can be challenging which isn't seen much anymore. My one grip is that it does feel a tad long. Overall it's a must buy.
  7. Jun 16, 2014
    This game is an incredible adventure. It nails the gameplay, story, and environment. Everything totally immerses you. It is one of the most beautiful (not realistic necessarily) games I have played on the xbox one. The campaign is, in my opinion, nearly flawless, although it doesn't really stretch any boundaries. Plus, the "open world" after you finish the campaign has little fun to offer.This game is an incredible adventure. It nails the gameplay, story, and environment. Everything totally immerses you. It is one of the most beautiful (not realistic necessarily) games I have played on the xbox one. The campaign is, in my opinion, nearly flawless, although it doesn't really stretch any boundaries. Plus, the "open world" after you finish the campaign has little fun to offer. Still, buy this game. Expand
  8. Jul 1, 2014
    just to make it clear, i have never played a Tomb Raider game before this one. when it came out for the 360 i just went meh and left it. i saw it cheaply for xbox one and i just decided to see if it was good. i was amazingly surprised how much i enjoyed it.

Pros: good gameplay, likable characters, competent story, and Lara no longer a slut. Cons: Lara's voice actress is awful and the

Cons: Lara's voice actress is awful and the scenes where she needs to run from something. they get ridiculous and take me out of the game. its a reason its not an 8.
  9. Feb 27, 2015
    This was a very refreshing change for the Franchise and was amazing on the previous Generation of Console.

But this game looks amazing on current Generation of Consoles. Controls are just as crisp gameplay and story are excellent. This would have sold more if they had lowered the price a tad or done a discount to those who already owned the 360 version. The only complaint with the

The only complaint with the game on the One is all the glitches that cause issues with achievements. These were not present in the 360 version and months later still have not been fixed. Requiring you to replay the game or delete your save and start all over again to get the achievements.
  10. Aug 20, 2015
    Loved this game! Quality action adventure game with great visuals, some cool RPG elements, lots of unique puzzles and a good story. The shooting mechanics could have been better but that's a really minor complaint. Overall this was a really solid game and I'm really looking forward to playing the sequel.

Not much to say that hasn't been said before, if you haven't played this yet, do it.
  11. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In short, the additional content isn't enough to make players who've already bought the 360 version want to upgrade (especially for the price), and isn't enough to change my review score for the normal "last-gen" edition as well. However, I must admit it does look wonderful on Xbox One, the slightly updated additions of DLC tombs and gear are interesting, and maybe once it drops to half price or less, others who aren't complete newcomers to the game will actually consider upgrading. All in all, a fine game and a worthwhile buy- moreso if you haven't already played the game, but great nonetheless. Expand
  12. Feb 26, 2014
    I didn't play this game on 360 or ps3, so it was brand new to me when I picked it up for X1. I was very pleasantly surprised by this game. The movement and combat is extremely fluid, the graphics are fantastic, the story isn't amazing but it works. All in all, I would highly recommend this game, and I'm really looking forward to future installments in this franchise. Great game!!
  13. Jan 28, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. The graphics improvement is beautiful and the game itself is one for the ages. It's absurd that people are upset that the price of this is $59.99... Battlefield 4 is for all 4 last/current gen consoles and the price was static across them all. It's a AAA title on the newest gen consoles and it's spectacular for people like me who DIDN'T PLAY IT ON 360 OR PS3.I absolutely love this game. The graphics improvement is beautiful and the game itself is one for the ages. It's absurd that people are upset that the price of this is $59.99... Battlefield 4 is for all 4 last/current gen consoles and the price was static across them all. It's a AAA title on the newest gen consoles and it's spectacular for people like me who DIDN'T PLAY IT ON 360 OR PS3. How has nobody thought of that?? Not everybody played it already and when I heard it was being improved for PS4/XOne I was ecstatic because it also gave me something to play on my brand new system with few launch titles.

Stop calling this fraud and robbery. It's absolutely ridiculous. If you already played it why would you buy the new version? What would be the point. Remember when Half-Life was released on the Source engine? You didn't HAVE to buy it.

Worth the money for newcomers to the title as well as non-petulant adults who want to see what the now current gen is capable of.
  14. Feb 1, 2014
    Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 was great. With a noticeable facelift and extra DLC on Xbox One, it is even better. This is a great origin story with a bit of grit instead of polish. This isn't your old-school Tomb Raider but a survival experience on an island with dangerous enemies and a bit of a supernatural sense. I loved Tomb Raider on 360 and I've picked it up again because the game was soTomb Raider on Xbox 360 was great. With a noticeable facelift and extra DLC on Xbox One, it is even better. This is a great origin story with a bit of grit instead of polish. This isn't your old-school Tomb Raider but a survival experience on an island with dangerous enemies and a bit of a supernatural sense. I loved Tomb Raider on 360 and I've picked it up again because the game was so good I wanted to experience it with the extras. Totally worth a purchase and is a good way to fill some time before a big title like TitanFall lands in just over a month. Expand
  15. Feb 13, 2014
    Let me just say how surprised i was how good this game was! I was blow away by how good the story was and tombs were fun puzzles. Check out the making of the game videos. The women who played Laura for the motion capture is gorgeous!!!! For an Xbox only guy it's great to have an action adventure game to play since the uncharted games are Sony exclusives. My only disappointed is I wish theLet me just say how surprised i was how good this game was! I was blow away by how good the story was and tombs were fun puzzles. Check out the making of the game videos. The women who played Laura for the motion capture is gorgeous!!!! For an Xbox only guy it's great to have an action adventure game to play since the uncharted games are Sony exclusives. My only disappointed is I wish the game was longer. Now I can't wait for the next Tomb Raider from Crystal Dynamics. There's a reason why this game made it to the top for consideration in many Game of the Year awards, though it couldn't win up against GTA V and the Last of Us I guess. Expand
  16. Apr 22, 2014
    The Tomb Raider Reboot was met with near unanimous reviews. Unfortunately Sqaure Enix let it be known that it failed to meet sales targets and, as such, was a failure. Sound grim...but - it was obviously good enough that tey didn't totally abandon the game and decided to give it one last shot in the arm with a release of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the PC, Xbox One and PlaystationThe Tomb Raider Reboot was met with near unanimous reviews. Unfortunately Sqaure Enix let it be known that it failed to meet sales targets and, as such, was a failure. Sound grim...but - it was obviously good enough that tey didn't totally abandon the game and decided to give it one last shot in the arm with a release of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.

If you've already checked out Tomb Raider than you already know: the game is awesome. Like, really awesome. It's not a perfect (none re) and it probably could have done without the multiplayer, but by and large Tomb Raider brings Lara Croft back with a bang. Square avoids falling into the trap of being a Uncharted clone, and offers up an origin story that treats Lara with respect and sets the Franchise to be one to watch. One of the games of 2013.
  17. May 27, 2014
    Game was so good that i played it non stop for 8 hours. Lol. Amazing storyline . You play it like a movie. If you are a fan of such games then you will just enjoyed as much as i did. And Lara is really hot :D
  18. Feb 3, 2014
    Apparently you don't actually have to have played a game in order to write a review. The negative reviews on here are not helpful at all. I have played the game on 360, and I have never played it on XBO but if it's the same game but prettier, then it should get the same rating despite the price. If this game was $400 and it wouldn't change the score.
  19. Feb 5, 2014
    I bought this game for Xbox One because there are not so much titles you can buy right now for this platform. I must say I was a little bit scared, because this is my first Tomb Raider game and I had no plan what is waiting for me in this game.
    I must say, that this is a very good game, maybe the best I played since last summer. Maybe not because graphics, I think the Xbox One could do a lot more than this. But the storyline and the gameplay is in my opinion very great, you can play offensive and also "defensive". The AI is challenging if you play on hard i think and also the discoverable objects, which give you more story background are well done.
    Of course, it's a remake of an Xbox360-Version, so I wouldn't buy this for Xbox One if I had bought the game for Xbox360.
    All in all my opinion:
    + Good story plot
    + Well told story
    + Well AI for every type of gamer
    + Nice gameplay
    + Quite good graphics...
    - ...but for "Next-Gen" not enough
    - a more non-linear story could be nice
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    The fact that the PS4 version came out a little better in the framerate department doesn't change how great this game is on any platform or version. It's a 10/10 game on the PC, PS3, XBox 360, PS4 and XB1. If the price isn't good for you, wait for it to drop.
  21. Jun 10, 2014
    From the first Tomb Raider with geometrical boobs, to which ever one came out before Guardian of Light, I have disliked this franchise. All previous have been 100% garbage. I bought the definitive edition because I am an XONE owner and we are all desperate for new games. Plus I had a $25 giftcard to Best Buy and decided this was a great opportunity to make a mistake at a discountedFrom the first Tomb Raider with geometrical boobs, to which ever one came out before Guardian of Light, I have disliked this franchise. All previous have been 100% garbage. I bought the definitive edition because I am an XONE owner and we are all desperate for new games. Plus I had a $25 giftcard to Best Buy and decided this was a great opportunity to make a mistake at a discounted price. When I popped this bad boy in and started playing, I discovered that this game was completely different than I expected. I found myself playing for extended periods of time, and as soon as I beat it, I started playing again on Hard. This game has great replay value and has altered my opinion on the franchise. I now look forward to the announced Rise of the Tomb Raider, and cannot wait for what they have to offer. Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2014
    Lara Croft's upgraded experience is a spectacular third person action/adventure game with solid shooting mechanics, an immense map for players to explore, and plenty of well thought out puzzles to solve. If you didn't pick up a copy of this game for the 360 or PS3, you owe it to yourself to buy this game.

Positives: - Good story - Controls are solid - Shooting mechanics are well

Positives:

- Good story
    - Controls are solid
    - Shooting mechanics are well designed
    - Huge map to explore
    - Very well designed puzzles
    - Spectacular Visuals/Animations
    - Great Sound Design

Negatives/Concerns:
    - I'm not certain the visuals were upgraded enough to warrant purchasing the game again if you already purchased it for 360 or PS3
    - Too many quick time events

I thoroughly enjoyed playing through Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on my Xbox One, and would strongly encourage gamers to play it if they hadn't already done so on last generation consoles.
  23. Mar 1, 2014
    Tomb raiders reboot was an action packed adventure that i did like with all that u can collectables and attatchments that you can equip my only down side was the lengh and the multiplayer the campain was good i was just arging for more then around 8 hours and the multiplayer wasnt a very strong point which was a down side as i player online 24/7
  24. Mar 8, 2014
    The leading female and one of the most recognisable video game characters is back! That's right Lara Croft! and man is she more bad ass then ever. After the series was heading for a land slide I'm glad crystal dynamics has pick it back up into its true glory. A total redesign of Lara's character structure and personality has influences a positive attitude towards gamers and made the gameThe leading female and one of the most recognisable video game characters is back! That's right Lara Croft! and man is she more bad ass then ever. After the series was heading for a land slide I'm glad crystal dynamics has pick it back up into its true glory. A total redesign of Lara's character structure and personality has influences a positive attitude towards gamers and made the game more believable and realistic. Tomb Raider is a true adventure filled with fun combat and graphical environments that are worth $80 just to look at. Apart from the cheesy characters and story this is a near perfect reboot to the franchise that was well in need of one. When the credits begun to roll, you will feel like your money was well spent and be filled with excitement to see what comes next. Expand
  25. Feb 4, 2014
    I loved the game, really. I loved the reboot, even if I think that the exploration part of the older episodes is a keeper. But seriously... This version is the biggest rip-off ever.

Basically, you're being charged double price because Lara's model has been remade, and in my opinion, she looks less like a survivor this way. BUT THAT'S IT. This is the only difference this version offers. Everything else is the same. It plays the same, it looks completely the same (at least between PC and XB1/PS4 versions, concerning X360/PS3, it is only a matter of sharpness). THIS IS the game of the year version on X360/PS3/PC, at double price.

But how on earth do they dare say it is a whole new experience ? Is it because there is a speaker in the PS4 controller ? Because on some climbing scenes, you can control the camera or examine relics with Kinect ? I won't even bother mentioning the useless voice commands...

Now, if you really want to compare the XB1 and PS4 versions. Well... The XB1 version is a joke. I'm sure it could have been technically improved. Because the game is broken, multiplayer is unplayable, and noticeable framerate drops happen. This is not because the console is of lower performances, but the reason is it has been optimized like mixing beef jerky in a Nutella sandwich. PS4 version is okay, but still under what a high-end PC can provide.

The thing is... For those who played the PC version, just don't bother. Seriously. And for the people who did it on X360/PS3, you can definitely wait for its price to drop. Don't allow the editors to get away with this. I came to finish it for achievements, and returned it right away. This version at full price is for you gamers who never EVER played it before.
  26. Apr 3, 2014
    I loved Tomb Raider series! They were best. BUT this one is HORRIBLE! Tomb Raider is RUINED because of that game! And even if you exclude Tomb Raider basic idea and everything and you will look it just simople ordinary game - this game will be still really really really bad! Do not waste your money!
  27. Jun 22, 2014
    Great, exciting adventure game. The visuals have definitely been stepped up, the world is fun to explore, the shooting mechanics are great. I loved how the game is about survival and not just the action
  28. Sep 11, 2014
    Very fun action. Puzzles are not to overwhelming. Very story driven but it neither takes over your play time nor does it leave you thirsting for more. Its just right.
    Only complaint is that I had to hit RB so many times to find stuff in the environment. Should figure out a different way.
    Lastly, (and my review and score have nothing to do with this), from a realism standpoint, this character model or Lara Croft is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in a video game. I practically fell in love with her.
  29. Jun 24, 2015
    I hated so much this game, i was hyped by the reboot but it has nothing to do with a tomb raider game. No tropical/luxurious/antique sites, no puzzles, no adventure...just a generic/boring TPS, just "ouch, ouch i take a stick in my womb and fall every 10 seconds but can still walk, run etc." and "bam bam tatata bang" worse than a COD. I don't get all the hype for this game.
  30. Sep 16, 2015
    Ryse of Rome + God of War + Resident Evil 5 = This. Where's the "Tomb Raider"? 30fps QTE fest with garbage shooting. If you want the best console version get the PS4 (which runs at 60fps - yep the XB1 is lagging *that* far behind already), but I'd just pass.
  31. Sep 19, 2015
    If you like your games being interrupted by cut-scenes every ten minutes and endless quick time events, then this game is for you.

You may also like this game if you enjoy the Eagle Vision of the Assassins Creed games but wish it was next to useless.

The game may have been more interesting if it had stayed a little closer to it's roots, of you know, raiding tombs.
  32. Oct 1, 2015
    this game sucks balls. the writing and dialogue are sub par as well as the voice acting. I spent the first 30 minutes doing nothing but running away from dreadlocks guy who ends up bopping himself on a rock. this **** was lame. dont play it.
  33. Feb 18, 2016
    Tomb Raider resurrected - cool for very casual players but most of gaming enthusiasts will find this game underwhelming. This game is basically a playable movie with its scripted cut-scenes. Being written as such there is not much freedom and you are pretty much following the corridors. The brief combat scenes are great but there isn't much of them to satisfy moderate appetites for decentTomb Raider resurrected - cool for very casual players but most of gaming enthusiasts will find this game underwhelming. This game is basically a playable movie with its scripted cut-scenes. Being written as such there is not much freedom and you are pretty much following the corridors. The brief combat scenes are great but there isn't much of them to satisfy moderate appetites for decent gameplay. Most of the time you will spend watching rather than playing.
    Regardless, this game can still deliver several "high" moments when interacting with environmental puzzles, fighting waves of enemy and enjoying "B" grade story.
  34. Apr 23, 2014
    Never got round to getting this for the 360, so I thought the purchase for the One was justified. It's a great game. It's not an amazing game. The tombs were few and far between, and the puzzles were absurdly easy. Characters were 2 dimensional - including Lara, sadly. No matter how badass she was. There were too many collectables and there were some irritating movement bugs which resultedNever got round to getting this for the 360, so I thought the purchase for the One was justified. It's a great game. It's not an amazing game. The tombs were few and far between, and the puzzles were absurdly easy. Characters were 2 dimensional - including Lara, sadly. No matter how badass she was. There were too many collectables and there were some irritating movement bugs which resulted in unexpected ledge misses or some other error that ultimately peaked in a tragic end. Also, the gradual development in skills to traverse the foreign land was a little bit text book and predictable, and the skills were also over-used to the point where I really got bored pulling down doors or setting up ziplines with my bow. However, the set pieces were incredible. It had a real Box Office movie vibe about it, and the plot felt like a cross between Lost, Resident Evil 4 and Indiana Jones. It was great fun, and I don't feel I wasted my time. Expand
  35. Sep 2, 2014
    I have to mention that I acquire this game when Xbox Live offered on sale at 499.00 Mexican pesos, because at a first sight it do not get my attention. Once I started to play I just could not stop... It is a fantastic story, tons of action scenes, many, many, many ways to kill Lara, and the conversion to Xbox One was good.

The only thing I do not like to much is that it was an easy

The only thing I do not like to much is that it was an easy game, nevertheless, I cannot wait to put my hands on the new Lara's game, but hope it get more difficult issues, and a supreme-full-action history, because it is the first game on Xbox One that gets from me a big smile.
  36. Nov 28, 2014
    Great game. Has a good mix of action, adventure, exploration, puzzle sovling, and RPG elements.
    Graphics and story are top notch. At the current price, this game is a steal.
  37. Jan 20, 2015
    The first tomb raider I played, and I really enjoyed it. Lara is a great character, and the gameplay was exciting. You should definitely play it........
  38. Oct 9, 2015
    Fantastic game. Some very interesting puzzles and climbing mechanics. Loved it when I fired up my second playthrough to find all the treasure I missed the first time ... and finally maxed out all my weapons.

Though I enjoyed the Uncharted games, this beats them all for look, feel, and how I was engrossed for hours at a time.

I will definitely be getting Rise of the Tomb Raider!
  39. Oct 12, 2015
    Have had the game sitting on my HD for a while since it was given away for free to XBL Gold members.

Finally started playing it yesterday, and I'm probably 8-10 hours in now and I've loved just about every minute of it. It's like... a modern era but better than Assassin's Creed had a baby with Uncharted. Better than any Uncharted game I've played, better than any AC I've played.

Better than any Uncharted game I've played, better than any AC I've played.

Seriously redefines the stealth/action adventure/platformer.

The sequel was on my radar before, but now, come Nov 10, I will be buying it - after I read some reviews and see if they screwed up the formula that works so, so well in this game.
  40. Oct 19, 2015
    Tomb Raider is average in every since of the word. It tries to relive the success it used to have but it tries to do that with more of the same instead of innovations.

Story: The story isn't bad. Your boat crashes because you pass through a Asian version of the Bermuda triangle. As the game progresses you become more of a hard ass and are able to kill more people and feel less. Do you

Story:
    The story isn't bad. Your boat crashes because you pass through a Asian version of the Bermuda triangle. As the game progresses you become more of a hard ass and are able to kill more people and feel less. Do you see the issue here? All of this is extremely cliche. Every adventure game/movie has tried a story like this. So it fails to do anything new in this regard.

Game play:
    This is where tomb raider shows off. Every thing flows well and the controls are good. This is essental for an adventure game. I never felt as though I had a cheap death or a death because the game didn't process a movement. The shooting is good and the bow and arrow feel great.

Graphics:
    All good here the dark atmosphere is really expressed nicely with the color pallet.

Design:
    The levels and puzzles of the main story are so easy a baby could do it. I beat the original story line in 4-5 hours. In a single player centered game this is awful. Although is a half assed multiplayer rip off its nothing to write home about. The levels are too easy. Game designers are afraid to add a bit of challenge to their levels because they are afraid that people will get frustrated and stop playing. This is not true in every since of the word people will stop playing the game if it feels bad or the game in unfairly hard. Puzzles are something can have some added challenge. The reason why this is so frustrating in Tomb raiders case is because it has these challenging elements in the optional Tombs. These tombs feel like a puzzle and not a baby walk through. Obviously this point is subjective, therefore I can't knock it. Some people like their games to play like movies. Personally I don't

Is it worth 30? Honestly no, the game is fine for what it is but I'd buy it for 20 because of its lack of originality and easy difficulty.
  41. Oct 20, 2015
    I never really liked this type of game but when I saw it for free through xbox gold I thought, ya why not. Great game!! First day I nearly missed work because I couldn't turn it off!! Very surprised at the game play and it is a great storyline.
  42. Nov 2, 2015
    This is the best Tomb Raider of all time. Period. It is a great game. The graphics are solid, the sound is dynamic and really puts you into the game, the transition animations are nearly flawless most of the time and leaves you feeling like part of the action. It really is fantastic. I have no criticisms about the mechanics, graphics, sound, or gameplay. It is solidly entertaining fromThis is the best Tomb Raider of all time. Period. It is a great game. The graphics are solid, the sound is dynamic and really puts you into the game, the transition animations are nearly flawless most of the time and leaves you feeling like part of the action. It really is fantastic. I have no criticisms about the mechanics, graphics, sound, or gameplay. It is solidly entertaining from beginning to end, and the online play is fun too.

My only criticism, and what knocks it down to a 9 (an 8.5 if I am honest), is an aesthetic desire. I love the game, and I love the character. It is a solid reboot of the franchise, but Lara being a homicidal genocide is a bit weird. She literally kills like 1200 people from beginning to end. If you explicitly play the game as close to a stealth shooter as you can, trying for 0 fatalities except when there is no other choice, the game still requires that you kill 400+ people. And that just feels wrong. I wish the game had allowed for a Thief style 'no blood on your hands' method of play. I get that the tomb raider has guns. It has always been part of the series, but it got cranked up to 11 here and I think it detracts from the best things about the game.
  43. Nov 9, 2015
    I had no intention of buying this game because I had found previous Tomb Raider games to be mediocre and much to be desired. However, I got this game free for being an Xbox live member so I thought I would give it a shot.
    When I started the game I was immediately immersed in the story. I have never seen a game make you feel like you are actually in it so well. The design of the UI and controls are so unobtrusive that you forget you are playing a game. I became addicted to the game quite quickly because it hearkens back to the old days when adventure games had great puzzles, platforming and action. Exploring these dark decrepit looking places just gives you an eerie feeling further immersing you in the game. I really like the reinvention of Lara Croft as more of a human being and less of an already established hero. You see Lara go through struggles in the game and escape by the skin of her teeth making the excitement that much better. I have nothing bad to say about the game therefore 10/10.
  44. Nov 21, 2015
    With more instances of the name Sam than the lord of the rings trilogy, tomb raider has ok characters with sub-par voice acting , which unfortunately doesn't do to many favors for he fantastic story, which retains a certain level of mystery to keep you invested until the end

Another pro to this game is the tremendous game-play, with combines a blend of both cinematic and playable action that is sure to leave you on the edge of your seat. That is if Lara decides not to fall to her death or for the game to suddenly freeze which occurs alot due to a considerable number of game breaking bugs
  45. Nov 30, 2015
    I confess that sometimes you have to forget that the Lara Croft you played in Play 1 is the same that you play in that game, but, is still a very nice game to play, with good graphics and some hours of good fun.
  46. Dec 31, 2015
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition would have to be one of the best tomb raider games of all time.
    the ai is great and the story is actually interesting
  47. Jan 1, 2016
    O melhor jogo que a Xbox Live teu na GWG deste ano, junto de Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. A história do jogo é impressionante, contando a história de Lara em uma ilha perdida que é 'guardada' pelo espirito de uma deusa chamada Himiko. A história tem várias reviravoltas e sempre impressiona. Os gráficos são muito lindos, e merecem nota 10. Acho que o game está sim perto de algo no nívelO melhor jogo que a Xbox Live teu na GWG deste ano, junto de Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. A história do jogo é impressionante, contando a história de Lara em uma ilha perdida que é 'guardada' pelo espirito de uma deusa chamada Himiko. A história tem várias reviravoltas e sempre impressiona. Os gráficos são muito lindos, e merecem nota 10. Acho que o game está sim perto de algo no nível Ryse: Son of Rome. A jogabilidade é boa mas sofre com atrasos. O jogo tem notáveis quedas de FPS em diversas partes, mas geralmente, não atrapalha a jogabilidade. A trilha sonora impressiona muito. As músicas foram colocadas corretamente em cada parte de impacto no jogo.

História: 9/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    Jogabilidade: 9/10
    Desempenho: 9/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  48. Feb 24, 2016
    ótimo jogo. gostei muito, o jogo tem tudo de bom: ótima história, suspense, ótima jogabilidade, jogo realista de sobrevivência, um vasto mundo. amei o jogo, foi o primeiro jogo que eu salvei da série. sem falar que ainda tem o modo online que é muito bom.
  49. Mar 1, 2016
    great game really makes Lara Croft as a character shine like she always was supposed to not just for females in games but in general she very influential in games I don't care about gender, race or religion I just care that she is awesome and the gameplay is awesome as well the story is great to just awesome all around
  50. Apr 12, 2016
    Muy buen reebot de la saga. El juego tienes sus fallos (bugs) pero te engancha en muy corto tiempo y no te aburre. Las tumbas son simples pero tiene un monton de coleccionables. Buen sistema de exploracion
  51. Apr 14, 2016
    Me fascinó el juego.. lo jugué por primera vez hace unos meses en la PS3 , y y el guión es brutal !! muy diferente a lo que conocía de TOMB RAIDER y de Lara Croft.. y su versión dpara la nueva generación es sublime.. y de lo mejor.. el modo online !
  52. Apr 14, 2016
    Remasterización de un juego sobresaliente que de haber salido tal cual en su día habría tenido por mi parte una nota cercana al 10. Pero esta reedición del juego para Xbox One hay que recriminarle los 30fps. No defraudará y estoy seguro que encantará a aquellas personas que llegen al juego por primera vez en esta versión, pero para los que ya disfrutamos de ella en 2013 la propuesta ya noRemasterización de un juego sobresaliente que de haber salido tal cual en su día habría tenido por mi parte una nota cercana al 10. Pero esta reedición del juego para Xbox One hay que recriminarle los 30fps. No defraudará y estoy seguro que encantará a aquellas personas que llegen al juego por primera vez en esta versión, pero para los que ya disfrutamos de ella en 2013 la propuesta ya no resulta tan atractiva. Recomendado 100% para los fans de Lara. Expand
  53. Jul 10, 2016
    More fluid movements than any other games, amaazing graphics, good story full of action, amazing game, Lara Croft more beautiful but she is always beautiful and a very fun game. Is the Best.

1. Oct 22, 2014
    If you never had the chance to experience the game a year ago, then the Definitive Edition is an absolute no-brainer. In fact, we’re even slightly envious of those people that waited, because Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is one of the Xbox One's best games.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    The same game looking better - and offering a deeper immersion into Lara's island nightmare. [Issue #239]
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    An undoubtedly successful next-gen makeup operation, delivering rich and vibrant graphics on an already great game. Nevertheless, this is a game suited only for those who never played the original one: the revamped graphics aren't enough to justify the admittance price if you already played it.