7.0

1. Sep 11, 2014
    Very fun action. Puzzles are not to overwhelming. Very story driven but it neither takes over your play time nor does it leave you thirsting for more. Its just right.
    Only complaint is that I had to hit RB so many times to find stuff in the environment. Should figure out a different way.
    Lastly, (and my review and score have nothing to do with this), from a realism standpoint, this
    character model or Lara Croft is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in a video game. I practically fell in love with her. Expand
  2. Sep 2, 2014
    I have to mention that I acquire this game when Xbox Live offered on sale at 499.00 Mexican pesos, because at a first sight it do not get my attention. Once I started to play I just could not stop... It is a fantastic story, tons of action scenes, many, many, many ways to kill Lara, and the conversion to Xbox One was good.

The only thing I do not like to much is that it was an easy
    game, nevertheless, I cannot wait to put my hands on the new Lara's game, but hope it get more difficult issues, and a supreme-full-action history, because it is the first game on Xbox One that gets from me a big smile. Expand
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    One of the best action adventure games this far. Camera, moving and shooting works a lot smoother than in Uncharted 3 or older Tomb Raider games and story itself is great.

I have played this game before for PS3 and Xbox 360 so it's just same game with different looking Lara, better graphics and all DLC's included. While i played Xbox One version of this game i had problems with some
    single player achievements not unlocking properly and i didn't get change to try multiplayer because there was not enought players online. Kinect in this game is pretty much useless because it's faster to change weapons from d-pad than say "shotgun" or something else like that.

Anyways. If you haven't owned last gen version of this game then this game is totally worth of money.
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    just to make it clear, i have never played a Tomb Raider game before this one. when it came out for the 360 i just went meh and left it. i saw it cheaply for xbox one and i just decided to see if it was good. i was amazingly surprised how much i enjoyed it.

Pros: good gameplay, likable characters, competent story, and Lara no longer a slut.
    Cons: Lara's voice actress is awful and the
    scenes where she needs to run from something. they get ridiculous and take me out of the game. its a reason its not an 8. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2014
    Great, exciting adventure game. The visuals have definitely been stepped up, the world is fun to explore, the shooting mechanics are great. I loved how the game is about survival and not just the action
  6. Jun 16, 2014
    This game is an incredible adventure. It nails the gameplay, story, and environment. Everything totally immerses you. It is one of the most beautiful (not realistic necessarily) games I have played on the xbox one. The campaign is, in my opinion, nearly flawless, although it doesn't really stretch any boundaries. Plus, the "open world" after you finish the campaign has little fun to offer. Still, buy this game. Expand
  7. Jun 10, 2014
    From the first Tomb Raider with geometrical boobs, to which ever one came out before Guardian of Light, I have disliked this franchise. All previous have been 100% garbage. I bought the definitive edition because I am an XONE owner and we are all desperate for new games. Plus I had a $25 giftcard to Best Buy and decided this was a great opportunity to make a mistake at a discounted price. When I popped this bad boy in and started playing, I discovered that this game was completely different than I expected. I found myself playing for extended periods of time, and as soon as I beat it, I started playing again on Hard. This game has great replay value and has altered my opinion on the franchise. I now look forward to the announced Rise of the Tomb Raider, and cannot wait for what they have to offer. Expand
  8. May 27, 2014
    Game was so good that i played it non stop for 8 hours. Lol. Amazing storyline . You play it like a movie. If you are a fan of such games then you will just enjoyed as much as i did. And Lara is really hot :D
  9. Apr 30, 2014
    Excelente game. Wonderfull scenario. Amazing music and soundtrack. I'm really impressed. Worth every peny. It is a exciting game from the beggining to the end.
  10. Apr 23, 2014
    Never got round to getting this for the 360, so I thought the purchase for the One was justified. It's a great game. It's not an amazing game. The tombs were few and far between, and the puzzles were absurdly easy. Characters were 2 dimensional - including Lara, sadly. No matter how badass she was. There were too many collectables and there were some irritating movement bugs which resulted in unexpected ledge misses or some other error that ultimately peaked in a tragic end. Also, the gradual development in skills to traverse the foreign land was a little bit text book and predictable, and the skills were also over-used to the point where I really got bored pulling down doors or setting up ziplines with my bow. However, the set pieces were incredible. It had a real Box Office movie vibe about it, and the plot felt like a cross between Lost, Resident Evil 4 and Indiana Jones. It was great fun, and I don't feel I wasted my time. Expand
  11. Apr 22, 2014
    The Tomb Raider Reboot was met with near unanimous reviews. Unfortunately Sqaure Enix let it be known that it failed to meet sales targets and, as such, was a failure. Sound grim...but - it was obviously good enough that tey didn't totally abandon the game and decided to give it one last shot in the arm with a release of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.

If you've already checked out Tomb Raider than you already know: the game is awesome. Like, really awesome. It's not a perfect (none re) and it probably could have done without the multiplayer, but by and large Tomb Raider brings Lara Croft back with a bang. Square avoids falling into the trap of being a Uncharted clone, and offers up an origin story that treats Lara with respect and sets the Franchise to be one to watch. One of the games of 2013.
  12. Apr 3, 2014
    I loved Tomb Raider series! They were best. BUT this one is HORRIBLE! Tomb Raider is RUINED because of that game! And even if you exclude Tomb Raider basic idea and everything and you will look it just simople ordinary game - this game will be still really really really bad! Do not waste your money!
  13. Mar 31, 2014
    Lara Croft's upgraded experience is a spectacular third person action/adventure game with solid shooting mechanics, an immense map for players to explore, and plenty of well thought out puzzles to solve. If you didn't pick up a copy of this game for the 360 or PS3, you owe it to yourself to buy this game. Positives: - Good story - Controls are solid - Shooting mechanics are well designed
    - Huge map to explore
    - Very well designed puzzles
    - Spectacular Visuals/Animations
    - Great Sound Design

Negatives/Concerns:
    - I'm not certain the visuals were upgraded enough to warrant purchasing the game again if you already purchased it for 360 or PS3
    - Too many quick time events

I thoroughly enjoyed playing through Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on my Xbox One, and would strongly encourage gamers to play it if they hadn't already done so on last generation consoles.
  14. Mar 28, 2014
    Amazing port to the X1 I would say it's a must buy. Fantastic story, gameplay, graphics, atmosphere make this a must buy. Multiplayer is also very fun, surprisingly. Can be challenging which isn't seen much anymore. My one grip is that it does feel a tad long. Overall it's a must buy.
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    The leading female and one of the most recognisable video game characters is back! That's right Lara Croft! and man is she more bad ass then ever. After the series was heading for a land slide I'm glad crystal dynamics has pick it back up into its true glory. A total redesign of Lara's character structure and personality has influences a positive attitude towards gamers and made the game more believable and realistic. Tomb Raider is a true adventure filled with fun combat and graphical environments that are worth $80 just to look at. Apart from the cheesy characters and story this is a near perfect reboot to the franchise that was well in need of one. When the credits begun to roll, you will feel like your money was well spent and be filled with excitement to see what comes next. Expand
  16. Mar 1, 2014
    Tomb raiders reboot was an action packed adventure that i did like with all that u can collectables and attatchments that you can equip my only down side was the lengh and the multiplayer the campain was good i was just arging for more then around 8 hours and the multiplayer wasnt a very strong point which was a down side as i player online 24/7
  17. Feb 26, 2014
    I didn't play this game on 360 or ps3, so it was brand new to me when I picked it up for X1. I was very pleasantly surprised by this game. The movement and combat is extremely fluid, the graphics are fantastic, the story isn't amazing but it works. All in all, I would highly recommend this game, and I'm really looking forward to future installments in this franchise. Great game!!
  18. Feb 24, 2014
    The graphics and the level design are superb but I do think the gameplay did get a little repetitive at some parts such as the shanty-town fight or fighting waves of enemies towards the final section of the game.

However those damn QTEs are horrible. QTEs are always bad, but sometimes they can at least be well implemented to not hurt the players entertainment, unfortunately that isn't
    the case here, the QTEs are frequent and unpleasant.

It also would be nice to have seen the game running at 60FPS but it still plays great at 30.
  19. Feb 13, 2014
    Let me just say how surprised i was how good this game was! I was blow away by how good the story was and tombs were fun puzzles. Check out the making of the game videos. The women who played Laura for the motion capture is gorgeous!!!! For an Xbox only guy it's great to have an action adventure game to play since the uncharted games are Sony exclusives. My only disappointed is I wish the game was longer. Now I can't wait for the next Tomb Raider from Crystal Dynamics. There's a reason why this game made it to the top for consideration in many Game of the Year awards, though it couldn't win up against GTA V and the Last of Us I guess. Expand
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    The fact that the PS4 version came out a little better in the framerate department doesn't change how great this game is on any platform or version. It's a 10/10 game on the PC, PS3, XBox 360, PS4 and XB1. If the price isn't good for you, wait for it to drop.
  21. Feb 5, 2014
    I bought this game for Xbox One because there are not so much titles you can buy right now for this platform. I must say I was a little bit scared, because this is my first Tomb Raider game and I had no plan what is waiting for me in this game.
    I must say, that this is a very good game, maybe the best I played since last summer. Maybe not because graphics, I think the Xbox One could do a
    lot more than this. But the storyline and the gameplay is in my opinion very great, you can play offensive and also "defensive". The AI is challenging if you play on hard i think and also the discoverable objects, which give you more story background are well done.
    Of course, it's a remake of an Xbox360-Version, so I wouldn't buy this for Xbox One if I had bought the game for Xbox360.
    All in all my opinion:
    + Good story plot
    + Well told story
    + Well AI for every type of gamer
    + Nice gameplay
    + Quite good graphics...
    - ...but for "Next-Gen" not enough
    - a more non-linear story could be nice
  22. Feb 4, 2014
    I loved the game, really. I loved the reboot, even if I think that the exploration part of the older episodes is a keeper. But seriously... This version is the biggest rip-off ever.

Basically, you're being charged double price because Lara's model has been remade, and in my opinion, she looks less like a survivor this way. BUT THAT'S IT. This is the only difference this version offers.
    Everything else is the same. It plays the same, it looks completely the same (at least between PC and XB1/PS4 versions, concerning X360/PS3, it is only a matter of sharpness). THIS IS the game of the year version on X360/PS3/PC, at double price.

But how on earth do they dare say it is a whole new experience ? Is it because there is a speaker in the PS4 controller ? Because on some climbing scenes, you can control the camera or examine relics with Kinect ? I won't even bother mentioning the useless voice commands...

Now, if you really want to compare the XB1 and PS4 versions. Well... The XB1 version is a joke. I'm sure it could have been technically improved. Because the game is broken, multiplayer is unplayable, and noticeable framerate drops happen. This is not because the console is of lower performances, but the reason is it has been optimized like mixing beef jerky in a Nutella sandwich. PS4 version is okay, but still under what a high-end PC can provide.

The thing is... For those who played the PC version, just don't bother. Seriously. And for the people who did it on X360/PS3, you can definitely wait for its price to drop. Don't allow the editors to get away with this. I came to finish it for achievements, and returned it right away. This version at full price is for you gamers who never EVER played it before.
  23. Feb 3, 2014
    Apparently you don't actually have to have played a game in order to write a review. The negative reviews on here are not helpful at all. I have played the game on 360, and I have never played it on XBO but if it's the same game but prettier, then it should get the same rating despite the price. If this game was $400 and it wouldn't change the score.
  24. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In short, the additional content isn't enough to make players who've already bought the 360 version want to upgrade (especially for the price), and isn't enough to change my review score for the normal "last-gen" edition as well. However, I must admit it does look wonderful on Xbox One, the slightly updated additions of DLC tombs and gear are interesting, and maybe once it drops to half price or less, others who aren't complete newcomers to the game will actually consider upgrading. All in all, a fine game and a worthwhile buy- moreso if you haven't already played the game, but great nonetheless. Expand
  25. Feb 1, 2014
    Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 was great. With a noticeable facelift and extra DLC on Xbox One, it is even better. This is a great origin story with a bit of grit instead of polish. This isn't your old-school Tomb Raider but a survival experience on an island with dangerous enemies and a bit of a supernatural sense. I loved Tomb Raider on 360 and I've picked it up again because the game was so good I wanted to experience it with the extras. Totally worth a purchase and is a good way to fill some time before a big title like TitanFall lands in just over a month. Expand
  26. Jan 28, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. The graphics improvement is beautiful and the game itself is one for the ages. It's absurd that people are upset that the price of this is $59.99... Battlefield 4 is for all 4 last/current gen consoles and the price was static across them all. It's a AAA title on the newest gen consoles and it's spectacular for people like me who DIDN'T PLAY IT ON 360 OR PS3. How has nobody thought of that?? Not everybody played it already and when I heard it was being improved for PS4/XOne I was ecstatic because it also gave me something to play on my brand new system with few launch titles.

Stop calling this fraud and robbery. It's absolutely ridiculous. If you already played it why would you buy the new version? What would be the point. Remember when Half-Life was released on the Source engine? You didn't HAVE to buy it.

Worth the money for newcomers to the title as well as non-petulant adults who want to see what the now current gen is capable of.
  27. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a very good action adventure game. With puzzles, great shooting mechanics and tons of explorable areas , this game will keep you busy for quite a while. BUT WHAT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND, is why you would buy this game if you previously had it. It is the SAME GAME. Those who bought it again and are complaining about a lack of innovation are idiots. IT IS THE SAME **** GAME. Buy it if you have not already, because it's great, but if you already have the 7th gen version or the PC version, YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS GAME, lol. People are basically complaining about their own stupidity on here. Expand
  28. Feb 3, 2014

1. Oct 22, 2014
    If you never had the chance to experience the game a year ago, then the Definitive Edition is an absolute no-brainer. In fact, we’re even slightly envious of those people that waited, because Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is one of the Xbox One's best games.
    The same game looking better - and offering a deeper immersion into Lara's island nightmare. [Issue #239]
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    An undoubtedly successful next-gen makeup operation, delivering rich and vibrant graphics on an already great game. Nevertheless, this is a game suited only for those who never played the original one: the revamped graphics aren't enough to justify the admittance price if you already played it.