5.6

1. Jun 26, 2014
    Lousy GTA clone + interesting concept = Watchdogs

Watchdogs offers some original content to the GTA clone genre, but its still just a lousy GTA clone. I would call the driving physics in WD awful, but that would be an insult to games with awful driving physics. Not only do the cars drive like N64 but they look like N64. There is no texture, detail or appeal of any kind. The
    Lousy GTA clone + interesting concept = Watchdogs

The cityscape is okay, but lacks realism. Overall, GTA 5 on 360 looks better than WD on 1.

The only exceptional aspect of this game is character and plot progression. Ubi Mtl always nails it.
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    I set up an account just to tell everyone how bad this game is.. Driving is horrendous, general movement is poor, get bored very quickly with the campaign this game is nothing special at all. I'm Constantly comparing it to GTA and it feels like a cheap spin off. I'd have more fun playing pac-man or asteroids not worth the money this will be going back I've only play 3 hours.
  3. Jun 8, 2014
    Single player is great. Nothing is done as well as I would like but the sum of the parts is an enjoyable experience. Online play which was a focus of the hype of this game is the huge let down. More often than not online play turns into a single digit fps (frames per second) crap that will leave you angry and frustrated. Occasionally you can get a sense of the greatness that onlineSingle player is great. Nothing is done as well as I would like but the sum of the parts is an enjoyable experience. Online play which was a focus of the hype of this game is the huge let down. More often than not online play turns into a single digit fps (frames per second) crap that will leave you angry and frustrated. Occasionally you can get a sense of the greatness that online play could be, but 30 seconds later your screen will be jerking in random directions and you'll be left wanting to spike your controller into the ground. Im taking my copy back to gamestop while it still has good value. Expand
  4. Jun 19, 2014
    Argh....there's nothing worse than waiting eagerly for a game to come out, waiting a long time as well, then you load it up and within a couple of hours think....this is kinda dull! It looks pretty, it has some semi interesting ideas, but ultimately its been seen and done before...and better. Maybe if I stuck with it it would get better but I just found I didn't care, I didn't care aboutArgh....there's nothing worse than waiting eagerly for a game to come out, waiting a long time as well, then you load it up and within a couple of hours think....this is kinda dull! It looks pretty, it has some semi interesting ideas, but ultimately its been seen and done before...and better. Maybe if I stuck with it it would get better but I just found I didn't care, I didn't care about the character, I didn't care about the story and I couldn't be bothered to invest my time in the game when there is much better out there. Expand
  5. Jun 6, 2014
    The game is pretty fun, but hacking gets repetitive. The car controls are EXACTLY the same as in Saints Row 2, which came out in 2008. I was shocked at how horrific they were. The story was not unique or special, and I couldn't relate to the main character. As far as graphics, cut scenes are okay but the general game doesn't look any better than a 360/ps3 game. I finished the game and didThe game is pretty fun, but hacking gets repetitive. The car controls are EXACTLY the same as in Saints Row 2, which came out in 2008. I was shocked at how horrific they were. The story was not unique or special, and I couldn't relate to the main character. As far as graphics, cut scenes are okay but the general game doesn't look any better than a 360/ps3 game. I finished the game and did all the side missions but was left with just a "meh" impression, nothing memorable.

Oh I forgot about the police/enemy chases: whoever programmed them is sadistic. You run miles away from the enemy and they magically just spawn right next to you, and rubber band to you no matter what you do. It's practically impossible to get away from them, even when I changed the game to easy mode. I wanted to break my tv quite a few times.
  6. May 31, 2014
    Sigh. It is not the worst game of the past year or two, just one of the most disappointing. I have the feeling that on the PS4 it may be ever so slightly better, but on the Xbox One in it's current condition, Watch Dogs looks like Grand theft Auto 4 on an Xbox 360. That is only the beginning of the issues. The driving, while you do get semi used to it, is atrocious. It feels like driving aSigh. It is not the worst game of the past year or two, just one of the most disappointing. I have the feeling that on the PS4 it may be ever so slightly better, but on the Xbox One in it's current condition, Watch Dogs looks like Grand theft Auto 4 on an Xbox 360. That is only the beginning of the issues. The driving, while you do get semi used to it, is atrocious. It feels like driving a roller coaster down a paved road, or as if you were driving a sports car on ludes. The gunplay is tense and shockingly realistic, and car crashes are also realistic. The city of Chicago is reflected here with a high degree of accuracy and is convincing, but generally looks very poor and hollow. At night and when it's raining, this game looks decent. The framerate drops are absolutely crippling, though. It's really, really bad and they have messed up a lot of my sessions. The story is fine, I didn't love it but I had no issue with it, Aiden Pearce is a decent protagonist but the people surrounding him are much more interesting. The multiplayer is really cool, actually, it's just surrounded by a buggy game. Encryption mode is really tense and great, hacking into other players world's is fun, and open world online is unique. Overall Watch Dogs is a decent idea but not a great game, and unless they patch it, is worth nothing more than $20. Sorry, guys. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2014
    Does not live up to the hype. The game is full of boring characters, boring story, boring side-missions, and dull gameplay. The story is bland and predictible, the only good part is the fun open world.
  8. Jun 20, 2014
    A highly disappointing, mixed bag affair that claims to be about using clever hacking skills to outsmart your enemies but quickly devolves into rote shoot/drive GTA-style gameplay without any of the personality or flare. Watch_Dogs brings nothing new or interesting to the table, aside from a distracting and invasive multiplayer mode that I couldn't turn off fast enough. And on a personalA highly disappointing, mixed bag affair that claims to be about using clever hacking skills to outsmart your enemies but quickly devolves into rote shoot/drive GTA-style gameplay without any of the personality or flare. Watch_Dogs brings nothing new or interesting to the table, aside from a distracting and invasive multiplayer mode that I couldn't turn off fast enough. And on a personal note, Aiden is the most unlikable protagonist I have ever had the misfortune of playing; a sleazy hypocrite who is touted to be some sort of vigilante hero for the people all while stealing cars, emptying bank accounts, and invading people's personal lives via hacked webcams and phone conversations.

Do yourself a favor and give this a pass.
  9. Jun 20, 2014
    There is no denying that there is fun to be had in Watch Dogs, but that fun is short lived.

The graphics are decent, though I really wouldn't call them "next gen". The Xbox One version (which is the version I played) was far from the mind blowing graphics that we saw in E3 trailers (this is common knowledge at this point). But graphics are something easily forgiven when a game is

But graphics are something easily forgiven when a game is great. Watch Dogs really isn't anything new or ground breaking. There are LOADS of mini games and side distractions, and they're each fun on their own. The problem is that there really isn't any "reason" to do them in the game. This is more a fault of the plot than anything. And that, to me, is where Watch Dogs utterly fails.

There needs to be SOME story in a game like Watch Dogs. It's touting an open world, which is completely revealed to you after the first hour of playing, right down to points of interest that you should explore... so how exactly is that exploring and finding cool stuff if you're told where to go? The story should drive that somehow, and this story doesn't.

Normally I wouldn't even bother factoring in the story for review to impact it so negatively, but Watch Dogs plot is SO bad, so utterly strung together with clichés and wanna-be hacker jargon (the devs must have brushed up on that by watching Hackers several times), and the story itself makes little to no sense at all. I won't put any spoilers in this review, but play through the main missions and by the time you're halfway through you're probably asking yourself, "Wait, why am I busting into a sex slave ring to get a guys cell phone to track down an arms dealer?"

The online integration is definitely fun, and probably the only real bright spot in the game. You could be in the middle of going to the next mission or a side quest, and all of a sudden you're notified that you're being invaded. Another player is coming after you to steal information. This becomes a rather awesome game of cat and mouse and staying hidden from the invading player.

Like the mini-games, the multiplayer is fun, but the problem is ALLLL this stuff to do doesn't add up to any coherent whole. Watch Dogs is a jumbled together mess of bad (make that horrible) plot and tons of distractions, but that doesn't make it a good game. And let's not forget the horrible main character. Aaron is easily the worst main character of any video game. You will end up hating him within an hour or two, be warned. This is more a fault to the game's awful writing, as the voice acting is pretty good.

In summary, Watch Dogs is fun for a few hours, but is ultimately a forgettable game. The Open World aspect gives you no real reason to explore, the plot is horrible, and it's definitely not the "Game that will herald in the Next Gen consoles" as it was so touted. You're better off waiting until this thing hits the bargain bin. After playing it to its confused, muddled and inane conclusion, I can't honestly recommend this game.
  10. Jun 25, 2014
    Watch_ Dogs had a lot of hype when it was at E3. But when it was released, there was mixed reviews either hating it, loving it, thought it was okay, or just didn't care for it. I was scared of buying this game so I borrowed it. I played, and I hated it. The experience was dreadful, online sucked, the free roam isn't as fun as well, and the hacking was dumbed down. It's just press X to win.Watch_ Dogs had a lot of hype when it was at E3. But when it was released, there was mixed reviews either hating it, loving it, thought it was okay, or just didn't care for it. I was scared of buying this game so I borrowed it. I played, and I hated it. The experience was dreadful, online sucked, the free roam isn't as fun as well, and the hacking was dumbed down. It's just press X to win. When you hold X, you could get thousands of dollars in just a few seconds! In the end, Watch_Dogs is a disappointment. It sad to know that this game is not a good game. I wanted it to be, but it wasn't... Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    This has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number ofThis has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number of scripted actions. Driving is a joke (think an old PS2 arcade game), the story is idiotic and the mission selection is extremely limited. And worst of all, it looks like crap on next-gen systems, and is obviously a straight port from PS3/Xbox 360. Extremely disappointed and this game will tank at retail very soon. Expand
  12. Jun 4, 2014
    Uck! More of the same aggravations from GTA-style sandbox clones. Driving gets annoying because of the camera shifting around if you have to reverse, which you'll do a lot getting stuck in the environment or traffic pileups. What can't any of these games have a "lock camera view" option? If i could adjust the camera to zoom out, etc. like in GTA, have one of the views be "locked facingUck! More of the same aggravations from GTA-style sandbox clones. Driving gets annoying because of the camera shifting around if you have to reverse, which you'll do a lot getting stuck in the environment or traffic pileups. What can't any of these games have a "lock camera view" option? If i could adjust the camera to zoom out, etc. like in GTA, have one of the views be "locked facing forward" so it doesn't try to pan around when i'm reversing and turning at the same time.

Saints Row 2, 3, and 4 were great and fun to me anyway, but Watch Dogs takes itself too seriously and many the missions aren't fun and feel more like chores. The one i rage-quit on, and gave up was an "enemy convoy" where you have to stop a target and know it's path. Would be fun to use one of my new hacks to slow him down, but sure enough, the path they take has no blocker, explosions, bridges, traffic lights or ANYTHING to use so i'm stuck ramming him with my car. Then he just backs away, and takes off not stunned or damaged at all, while i struggle to turn around and catch up. Can't even jump out of the car fast enough to use my gun - and, you apparently can't shoot while in the car. I guess this hacker can't figure out how to lower the window in any vehicle to stick his gun out and shoot?

The WORST tho, is having other players randomly appear in your game and mess with you. I tired to figure out if this could be turned off but doesn't look like it. Sorry, but i don't want random strangers jumping in my game and tyring to hack my phone or put a bounty on my while i'm trying to chase down this target in his invincible car without the use of any hacks.

So far, Dead Rising 3 has been the only game i'd consider good or great on Xbox One.
  13. Jun 10, 2014
    For me as I'm sure it was for many of you the game seemed to be a complete disappointment from the first cut scene. Below par graphics for a next gen console and a far below par storyline for such an anticipated game. It falls short of everything I expected it to be. Most games I get grabbed and pulled in to but with this it was just a chore to play with the never ending plain mundaneFor me as I'm sure it was for many of you the game seemed to be a complete disappointment from the first cut scene. Below par graphics for a next gen console and a far below par storyline for such an anticipated game. It falls short of everything I expected it to be. Most games I get grabbed and pulled in to but with this it was just a chore to play with the never ending plain mundane objectives. Waste of time and money and I didn't even finish the game. Expand
  14. Jun 24, 2014
    Do not buy!!! This game SUCKS!!! Rarely do I ever play a game that I immediately try and take back after only playing for 3-hours. I lost $80 yesterday because Best Buy wouldn't take it back even though I had it for literally 3.5 hours. Do Not Waste Your Time Or Money On This Game. Terrible story, worse gameplay, and the driving...oh my **** god! How the **** can they not figure out theDo not buy!!! This game SUCKS!!! Rarely do I ever play a game that I immediately try and take back after only playing for 3-hours. I lost $80 yesterday because Best Buy wouldn't take it back even though I had it for literally 3.5 hours. Do Not Waste Your Time Or Money On This Game. Terrible story, worse gameplay, and the driving...oh my **** god! How the **** can they not figure out the simplest of mechanics that have been around since the dawn of gaming. Ridiculous! Expand
  15. May 29, 2014
    In one word, disappointed.
    The gameplay is ok, reminiscent of assassins creed with the many, many tasks and unlocking towers to reveal further collectables and side missions, however, the graphics are a HUGE let down that have ruined the experience for me, nothing like the E3 trailers and definitely not next gen.
    A poor attempt at open world, it all feels very bland and unrealistic and
    In one word, disappointed.
    A poor attempt at open world, it all feels very bland and unrealistic and cumbersome.
    The wait for a true next gen title continues
  16. May 31, 2014
    This is a bad game. I bought it and returned it for Wolfenstein (which is class). The graphics are terrible, the controls are awkward, the driving is useless. Do not buy!!!! No fun to play. GTAV does it all so much better. In fact I even enjoyed sleeping dogs more than this.
  17. Jun 1, 2014
    Let's start with the positive, I really like the maps in this game. The variety from one map to the next is great, you get the feeling of moving through a real city with believable landscapes.

Now the bad... The problem with Watch Dogs, isn't the idea, it's the execution. First let's talk about gameplay, yesterday morning I bought the game, 30 minutes later I had the best weapons from each category and a huge amount of money I had no idea what to do with. It's not that I am really good at video games, it's that the cost of items relative to how much money you make running around hacking peoples phones make it way too easy. Since this is the case, many of the side missions don't really matter because you don't need the money. Now let's talk about those missions - again they have potential but the watch dog concept leaves you with too much power. You look at a camera, swing around to tag all the bandits and after that they are forever lit up through walls. Their AI is also not the best, they seem to come at your position in a very predictable manner and since you now have them lit up like a christmas tree you can take them out with your already overwhelming arsenal of firepower you picked up in the first 20 minutes of play.

For me personally, probably the biggest failing of Watch Dogs comes from the controls. Let's see, when I start a new first person game like this, probably like many others the first thing I do is crank up the sensitivity in anticipation of multi player so I am not a sitting duck to all the other players. If I did this on any modern well executed first person, there's a small dead zone then small stick movements are still super slow but pressing the stick all the way out will make you spin so fast you can barely see what's going without practice.

In watchdogs, there dead zone was large, then after a tiny amount of movement it went from no movement to instantly too fast. This didn't feel polished to me at all. Another thing I found is that in battle, I could hide behind a wall and just place the cross hair where I would eventually want to put a bullet then just wait for the stupid UI to stick it's head out.

When driving, oh, geez - believe the rest of the views. The problem is that cars behave like they have no mass. They instantly accelerate but brake like they weigh nothing. You can also be going full speed in something which looks like a Lamborghini and feels that fast but you can hit a brick wall or an oncoming car and keep going. The controls again also have responsiveness issues. They go from nothing to everything really quickly so you find yourself constantly over correcting.

One last thing I found is some missions are simply thoughtless. I got stuck in one right before I gave up where after taking out all the CTOS towers in an hour this last mission I took mean taking down without using deadly force 2 guys from a convoy of 20 guys in 5-10 cars. The second they stop they all start firing assault rifles and sub machine guns, they throw a ton of grenades so you can't stay in cover but if you kill any the mission is over. I just had this WTF moment, where it felt real life sensibility was lost by badly thought out mission constraints.

In the end, this felt to me like a game where they spent a ton of time creating the map then rushed the gameplay and controls. It's like a mashup of Assassins Creed, a Driving Game and Call of Duty without any of the finesse. The controls aren't worthy of a shooter, the physics aren't worthy of a driving game and missions and merit/reward system aren't close to Assassins Creed.

In the end, it doesn't work and doesn't deserve a good review. The only reason I gave it a 2 was because the maps are great, in the end that wasn't enough.
  18. Jun 8, 2014
    I actually decided to sell this game within a day of buying it. The graphics are no where near up to standard for the 360, never mind for the Xbox One! To sum up this game, it's just a poor man's GTA. Very unoriginal game with average graphics. Would not recommend buying
  19. Jun 9, 2014
    DOES NOT WORK.
    Simple as that.
    We pay for a game that doesn't load.
    We get stuck on loading screen at about 90% FOREVER ...
    I'm sure Ubysoft didn't had TIME to TEST their game.
    Score? ZERO!
  20. May 29, 2014
    Tearing, framerate drops, 792p resolution, no ambient occlusion, low shadow resolution. Game is not a looker on XB1. Game is pretty good though.

If you own a PS4 though, that is definitely the better version.
  21. May 28, 2014
    I don't know why we have fanboys putting 10s on this game, and I don't understand why we have trolls putting a 0 on it!

Here is an unbiased opinion from the standpoint of the marketing of this game; what was promised and what was delivered. The concept of this game intrigued me from the very beginning, and the possibilities seemed endless, it didn't seem like this would be another GTA clone but something that would expound upon and create its own name in the sandbox open world genre. This game falls just short of that! With a cumbersome hacking component, ineffective driving experience and a story lacking substance. This all combined creates a less desired experience although the game isn't a bomb, but it isn't the masterpiece some users are saying. I would say rent the game, or wait till it drops in price. Its just blah...
  22. Jun 3, 2014
    Terrible driving mechanics worst ive played its like they have chucked it in for the sake of it, meaningless police chases for whatever reason just annoying really.To me there is no structure in the storyline it seems very haphazard, it just put me off completely.
  23. May 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I ordered a copy of this 'game' on the 25th May thru Amazon UK for release date. It arrived three days late (so thanks Amazon for adding to the tarnish and contempt I feel for this game) and to tell you the truth I wish it never arrived at all.
    First of all, installation times and load times. Watch-Dogs is ridiculous on both charges. It is not much more than a 360 game in graphics terms but, as usual because it is on the Xbox One the installation and loading takes four **** times longer than anything on the 360 ever did (as does every Xbox One game. So much for having to install everything on the hard-drive)
    Then we get the cut-scene that sets up the whole game. Who wrote this **** A seven year old? Really? Who at Ubisoft decided the core target audience for this game? The opening cut-scene has all the depth of a Haribo advert.
    So, I am a hacker. Which means I am a spineless lowlife criminal. And I hacked the wrong person, who takes exception to my activities. And that person arranges the killing of... - not my loving wife - not my sick mother - no. My niece. What? I'm all broken up about my **** niece that I have to adopt a mis-guided sense of justice and take personal revenge on this person who I pissed off in the first place? Like I said, the plot is... contrived and thin and not worth the time of anyone who possesses more than two brain cells.
    So to the start of the game. You start in a stadium changing room digging a confession out of some guy your character 'suspects' is involved with your nieces' death. You soon have to get out because an accomplice you never knew you had has just called the cops as a diversion. REALLY? You're a lone hacker and suddenly you've got friends? REALLY? Then, this friend just **** off, and you have to work out how to get past the cops who your friend had obviously just wandered past without arousing suspicion even though your friend had just murdered someone in the cut scene you just watched..
    The AI is really dim. Using your smartphone (which is never explained why this **** phone is so powerful, but one of the first upgrades you have to get for it is batteries...duh I would never have thought not to run out of a battery pack) you can create diversions of such intensity that the local police never look away for a cause while you creep around un-observed.
    The worst thing about this game - more than any other sandbox game is it is as linear as reading a book. You get to points in a game where it REFUSES to proceed unless you do what the game needs you to do, like in the spending of skill points. I didn't want to spend my skill points (just yet) but the game, after a short cut-scene refused to progress until I spent them. What was that that went out the door? oh yeah - any sense of remaining realism.
    I had played for just over an hour of 'gameplay' at this point when I tore the disc out and decided I was trading it in.
    If you want a mature game, with a decent plot - go get Max Payne on the ORIGINAL Xbox.
    Ubisoft. This game blows.
  24. May 27, 2014
    There's not that much to say about the graphic controversity. The game looks good, no doubt, but not nearly as good as in the E3 Trailers, Launch Trailer or Steam Shop Page Screenshots. By all means, this form of false advertising has to stop. Also, getting hours less of playtime because i didnt bought the "Digitale Deluxe" Edition is just wrong and should not be supported.

For the game

For the game itself, its your average GTA style game. The story is very odd and inconsistent. The one moment i beat someone up with a basbeall bat, then i'm visiting my nephew, then i'm suddenly Badass McBadBat again. The side Missions are extremly dull and usually consist of dozens of heavily armed dudes getting thrown at you. You have whole military-like mob convoys driving trough the city. Whoever runs the city is probably the worst police state in the history of gaming.

The gameplay is uber-realistic. You have a three meter turn radius, every car handles like a formula one car that has tanked cerosine and the gunplay is quite odd. That said, there are good things in watchdogs and its fun to **** around with the city, but its not enough to keep me want to play it.

In the end, Watch_Dogs is not a bad game. Its just extremely average.
  25. May 30, 2014
    Another example of the typical media hype. The graphics aren't close to the level shown in those famous previews. Add to that the generally mediocre quality of the game, which doesn't keep many promises of the publishers, and the game isn't worth the original price. Wait until it drops significantly or ignore the game, you won't miss anything essential.
  26. May 27, 2014
    Feels like a cheap GTA clone. Hacking gets boring after 10 minutes. Vehicles are laggy to respond to controller input. Story is slow and boring. Game lacks excitement. Graphics feel like a 360 port. Not worth 60 bucks by any means.
  27. May 27, 2014
    Boring who ever let the dogs out shame on you a carbon copy of so many other games out there , protagonist is dull zzzzzz just made me think of what else I have to play will be trading this as fast as I can .
  28. May 27, 2014
    This game is a lackluster and such a big disappointment. Supposedly Ubisoft delayed the game to further polish it but none of that happened. The game is still buggy, graphics is not next-gen (nothing like infamous), and the characters are crap. Just youtube "watch dog bugs" or "watch dog vs gta iv" you'll see what I mean. This isn't next gen worthy game.
  29. May 27, 2014
    Just a bland GTA. Too much hype for nothing. You´ll get bored in an hour. Just rent it and you´ll forget this game. Lower resolution than PS4 ...................................
  30. May 27, 2014
    Graphics are ugly, and not "next gen" as promised.
    Story is boring. You have to take revenge because of a fact you have never seen before, the only thing you know that it was important for the protagonist.
    Graphics are ugly, and not "next gen" as promised.
    Side missions are boring too. Steal a random car and take it from point A to point B. Kill a random pedestrian (if you pull it your gun normally the pedestrians call the police in a blink of an eye, if you do it during the side mission they act that nothing happened), or be a paparazzi from a distance, watch people until they commit a crime then beat/kill them.
    The driving is awful, I can not believe that Ubisoft never played their game to realize this.

I have the biggest buyers remorse right now.
  31. May 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs - a major disappointment in 2014 . However hello.

Game like tomorrow goes on the shelves . And I can tell you one thing - your money is not worth it at all. The fact that Ubisoft , looking at the success of the GTA series , decided to make your GTA , not whores , but with smartphones . Especially that the engine team and the concept is - benefit yubiki make very pribilny
    Watch Dogs - a major disappointment in 2014 . However hello.

The fact that Ubisoft , looking at the success of the GTA series , decided to make your GTA , not whores , but with smartphones . Especially that the engine team and the concept is - benefit yubiki make very pribilny game series about Asasinchikov that impinge on all living things .

But one thing to come up with crazy story about the evil Templars, there PARKUUUUR add a little historical events spice this thing the free world and beautiful locations , beautiful stuff in a box and sell every year by 49.99 per copy .

Another thing is to make a project from scratch. And here the problems begin the game . Let's start with the fact that the physics of the game a little more miserable than full. People behave like a sack of potatoes , destructible cars at ... GTA 3! To **** , I have not seen such a long time. You like it crashed , but the machine does not appear dents, no chips, no scratches (as in GTA 5 , where physics and destructible cars on top) and just fall off the doors, hood , trunk and so on. It's ... it's ... it's just ****ed up ! 2014 in the yard.

Physics cars like iron. Such as in GTA 5 is not here. You crashed into an SUV on a sports car , and he flies to a dozen meters. Stupid cops impassable . They will stand in place, will not you try to go around the flanks (like GTA ), and so on. And along the way they sobyut everyone they see , demolish all the posts and fences , and even a couple of times will get in an accident .

The plot, good old tradition - crazy and just like the students , whose mothers abused in DotA . SG with a single tap on the ip calculates villains , hacks urban services , uchinyaet apocalypse and so on. In general, the whole plot revolves around revenge to all and sundry. Follow him bored and he needed here more for show .

And part of the game when you are hacked urban services just did not bad. You switch between cameras , switching between various devices exploding transformers . But NOT to do such feature around the whole game. It rolled in the 90th , but in 2014, not a ride . You can not make a game , for example, around the time dilation.

And in the best traditions Yubisofty here clocked up a bunch of unnecessary svistelok - perdelok . Kraft any useless **** , TONS of unnecessary weapons , which is not very different from each other. Pumping , shifted to the Left ups , and lots and lots and lots of things that , in principle, you do not need .

In GTA 5 was an awesome character animation . Zingy videos, interesting and colorful characters . There is nothing like that . Character animation during cutscenes standard and blows the roof (as in the same GTA 5) , interesting characters here especially and not. All of them ... well, whether that standard . And you've seen them a hundred other game series .

And yes, for some reason, here are tightened bunch of unnecessary missions , such as gathering , damn , 16 bit coins, or shooting svetoponosom . What, why , why? Why not GTA5 plot tasks sometimes better than the plot , and then decided to fake and do **** like that ?

Game lacks class plot, interesting fichey memorable characters , whether that balance . Lacks some of its concepts . Game sulfur, boring and not interesting. You can not simply take the concept Asasina , cram a bunch of svistelok perdelok and hopes that the player skhvataet this **** (well he skhavataet anyway) . GTA 5 smartphones failed.

Do not buy in any case . Swing or not to swing ... your business. I would not .
  32. May 27, 2014
    amazing game. best looking open world game to date graphically. plenty of new game mechanics give a definite next gen fell. multiplayer online hacking surprisingly heaps of fun. heaps to do in terms of side missions/activites
  33. Jul 20, 2014
    A nun watching porn has more logic than this game...

Okay, so... I didn't even finish this game due to the simple fact of how bored I become very quickly! It's an infuriating game, so repetitive. Either I completely sucked at this game or it's very difficult. The driving completely sucks! I had more fun doing the RC helicopter mission on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and I'm pretty
    A nun watching porn has more logic than this game...

The driving completely sucks! I had more fun doing the RC helicopter mission on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and I'm pretty sure that was made by the devil himself!

The hype over this game was big and judging by people the hype didn't live up to its expectations (Just like GTA V). I think Ubisoft (Personally) got their concepts and ideas from GTA V. (Just an opinion)

Watch Dogs seemed to be one of the best games of 2014, however... Flopped.

It has its moments in the game that makes you laugh, well... When I say laugh, I mean blow more air out of your nose than you usually do.

Very disappointing game, would not recommend.
  34. Aug 1, 2014
    Reviewing this game will likely be difficult. While Watch Dogs does indeed have some good stuff in it, there's just one fact I can't get over with this game: Watch Dogs is not the game that was advertised or promised by Ubisoft. However, it wasn't hard for me to find good stuff in Watch Dogs, and vice versa. Let's start with the story. The main plot here is that Aiden Pearce's (mainReviewing this game will likely be difficult. While Watch Dogs does indeed have some good stuff in it, there's just one fact I can't get over with this game: Watch Dogs is not the game that was advertised or promised by Ubisoft. However, it wasn't hard for me to find good stuff in Watch Dogs, and vice versa. Let's start with the story. The main plot here is that Aiden Pearce's (main character) niece gets killed, and he basically goes on for revenge. Don't worry, it gets deeper from there. However, while the depth of the story strengthens, it also becomes slightly jumbled. It also takes notes from other revenge stories, like Batman. It can also get generic. How are the characters? The supporting cast is very, very unique. T-Bone will go down as one of my favourite characters in games this year. Another great one is Jordi, even though he was heavily under utilized. There are many others, too. Watch Dogs' biggest fault with its characters is that the one you play as is the most boring one. Aiden Pearce has absolutely no personality whatsoever, and I found most of his lines to be generic and stupid. Heck, I even began to hate Aiden. Overall, I found the story, plot, and characters of the game to be 70% positive, and 30% negative. Now let's get to the things that truly matter: GAMEPLAY. Watch Dogs does have new ideas to introduce to the open-world genre, but I did slightly feel like I've played games like it before. The one mechanic that made people get extremely excited over Watch Dogs was the hacking. You can hack cameras, grenades, communication comms, city bridges, doors, blockers, steam pipes, and much more. I found the game to have a good balance between basic action gameplay, and hacking. Overall, the hacking is just hold X to hack, but I did feel it added a great element to the game. Hacking was shown more dynamic before the game was released, though. The third-person shooting of the game is pretty good. I found the cover system of the game to be great and simple. You can also approach the combat in varied ways. Let's talk about the driving. Overall, most of the cars handle differently. However, some of them handled like the roads were covered in soap, which I disliked. The game's missions also have many car chases, and the car combat is meh. The only way you can approach it is to hack the city's things to make the enemies' cars crash. You can't shoot out the window. The game has a wealth of side activities that I found to be entertaining, too. I didn't like the game's graphics, though. On Xbox One, it honestly looks like last-gen. It irritated me that Ubisoft will show the game to look so amazing in the E3 demos, but downgrade it in the full game. WTF? Yes, Watch Dogs was NOT the game we were promised. Then again, there's fun to be had in the game. In my opinion, the game is a little better than the average open-world title. It will take you a long time to do everything. If you're a quantity over quality kind of person, the game is worth $50. If you're vice versa, the game is worth $20. Expand
  35. Aug 2, 2014
    Watch Dogs is Ubisoft's brand new IP. It is set in the near future Chicago, where technology has completely taken over. And, everything is controlled by the CtOS (Central Operating System). You play as Aiden Pearce who sadly has the personality of the trench coat he wears. Anyway, Watch Dogs is a good game but not an amazing game by any stretch of the imagination. The story is ratherWatch Dogs is Ubisoft's brand new IP. It is set in the near future Chicago, where technology has completely taken over. And, everything is controlled by the CtOS (Central Operating System). You play as Aiden Pearce who sadly has the personality of the trench coat he wears. Anyway, Watch Dogs is a good game but not an amazing game by any stretch of the imagination. The story is rather simplistic but becomes a bit more complex as it goes on. But like in almost all Ubisoft games the story isn't the only thing you can do in the game. Watch Dogs has a number of varying side missions, my favourite by far is the gang hideouts, which contains the do as you like mentality when you could stealth the entire place not killing anyone or run in taking them one by one or run in gun blazing. When, I play Watch Dogs it isn't the story or the side missions or the characters that bring me back it is the city. Chicago is beautifully represented in the game and just walking around looking at the architecture and the landmarks is just overwhelming. Overall, for the first game in this franchise I think it is ok and I look forward to exploring the cities Ubisoft recreate in the next Watch Dogs. Expand
  36. Aug 19, 2014
    General Overview: This game does a decent job of creating an open world with stealth and action options for completing missions. The story is decent, but not incredible and Aiden is a bit flat as a protagonist and the NPC's really carry the story, not the somewhat monotone main character. The AI can go brain dead or be over the top aggressive and incapable of missing or spotting you.General Overview: This game does a decent job of creating an open world with stealth and action options for completing missions. The story is decent, but not incredible and Aiden is a bit flat as a protagonist and the NPC's really carry the story, not the somewhat monotone main character. The AI can go brain dead or be over the top aggressive and incapable of missing or spotting you. The graphics are decent but not the quality as shown in demos, never the less the graphics are well done. The side missions are a mixed bag but there is a TON to do within the game. Not a must play but worth it if you want something slightly different from other open world titles.

TL;DNR: 7; A decent open world game with a mix of stealth and action. It doesn't do anything really revolutionary but is a fun game with many things to do. The online challenges are great and a welcome addition. The story is decent although Aiden Pearce is NOT the star of the show - instead its the NPC's along the way that make the game intriguing. Shooting is decent, driving is a bit off and too "floaty" and the forced chase scenes are so variable and often can be frustrating with a lack of check points. Its a decent alternative to other open world titles and can be a lot of fun despite its issues in certain areas.

Technology/engine: 6; The engine used is decent for the most part... but then you hit the stuttering and frame rate drops for no apparent reason, just at a critical moment and there were at least 6 complete crashes during the campaign.

AI: 7: its okay and some of it can be challenging although it can also fluctuate wildly from brain dead to omnipotence in various missions in the campaign.

Graphics: 7: Not the quality shown in demos but certainly not the worst either. There are places where the textures breakdown for no apparent reason and pop-in later. Cinematics are decent.

Sound: 7: The sound is okay but there are somewhat frequent volume issues with news reports being jarringly loud or whisper silent. Occasionally there are real source to reception distance issues and your own sounds can be over the top loud when moving in stealth or completely absent with not justification for the variability. Over all the sound is acceptable, but there are some places with big issues that were clearly not resolved prior to release.

Soundtrack: 6: Mediocre at best.

Voice acting: 7: probably the best part of the game and again the NPC's steal the show with HUGE variability in Aiden and the constant repetition of phrases from the enemy NPC's and the distinctive mismatch of vocal ethnicity and model ethnicity mismatch is jarring in places. The NPC's have done a great job with the majority of the lines and really make the game entertaining.

Crafting: 5: Its there but not in anyway unique or ground breaking. It fits for the title but that is about it.

Customization: 7: There are some custom outfits for Aiden and certainly enough skills to be had, although you will have most if not all of them prior to finishing the campaign, especially if you complete the Gang Hideouts as you go that award a skill point per completion at a minimum.

Game play systems: 7: Fairly standard fair but I will say that the cover system works very well. The driving is perhaps the worst and that you are given the WORST cars to choose from in the forced chase sequences takes what could have been fun and transforms it into a chore. The stealth and hacking are okay and the firewall hacking mini-games are occasionally a pain and overly repetitive.

Controls: 7: the controls are generally responsive unless you have hit one of the frame rate drops in the game and then it becomes difficult. The general layout is okay and is mostly frustration free EXCEPT the driving which is poorly implemented.

Story: 7: Its a decent story but not one that will set the world on fire. There are some genuinely sad moments and tough choice in the end but its the NPC's and their part in the story that elevate the game. Had the story about Pearce been on par with say T-Bone or Clara this would be a 9.

Multiplayer: 8: The multiplayer mini-games are fun and a good addition to the title.
  37. Sep 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don’t understand why I have left it this late to write a review? Possibly because I have just got over the huge disappointment that is Watch Dogs. This game offered so much in original plot, next gen graphics and open world but failed deliver in every area. I have to feel people giving this game any higher than a seven must disillusioned and people giving it lower than three are just being a little bit harsh.

A linear storyline that manipulated you into thinking you could hack anything but in reality it was all scripted anyway and the story lacked any real originality and quite frankly watching paint to dry is more engaging. Aiden Pearce the main protagonist has the personality of a brick wall. And the dramatic, emotional music which prolonged after a main character’s death was just cringe worthy.

So why haven’t I given this a lower rating you may ask. Well this game did have some interesting features if built upon could seriously have improved the game. The online was quite enjoyable entering someone’s game and hacking them was extremely tense and quite fun

I am just hoping now that Ubisoft redeem themselves with Assassin’s Creed Unity and Far Cry 4
  38. Oct 27, 2014
    Once you have graduated from primary/elementary school you will have the required literary skills to quickly sound this game out as the most poorly written thing in the history of anything. You would have to be extreamly forgiving to suggest that this game in any way satisfies any of the basic requirements to make even a half decent story. It constantly contradicts itself and its awfulOnce you have graduated from primary/elementary school you will have the required literary skills to quickly sound this game out as the most poorly written thing in the history of anything. You would have to be extreamly forgiving to suggest that this game in any way satisfies any of the basic requirements to make even a half decent story. It constantly contradicts itself and its awful dydactisism make Aiden Pearce the most reprehensible moral dullard ever conceived by man. Some games, in their playability or design, make up for poor writing but this game does not - its plainly terrible. Expand
  39. Sep 10, 2014
    not game ive ever played!! endless glitches, repetitions, and overall the worst experience of my life. this isnot game ive ever played!! endless glitches, repetitions, and overall the worst experience of my life. this is sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  40. Jul 21, 2014
    boring and forces you to wait all the time , the camera mechanic makes you search for minuites the driving is stiff and you get an annoying lens flare every five seconds
  41. Jun 4, 2014
    Game gets monotonous quickly. Has a lot of similarities to its Assassin's Creed counterpart but not done as well. Driving mechanics are hideous and lack of original missions make for a game with very little replay value. Overall a disappointment for as long as we had to wait for it to come out.
  42. May 30, 2014
    I was hopeful when I opened the packaging that this would be the best game ever. Sadly - Ubisoft forgot to pay gamers to leave favorable reviews. I'll take you through the good and the bad as I see them and you can decide for yourself.

The Good: The graphics are great. Some of the best and the close up perspective makes you feel immersed in the game world. The amount of things to

The Good:

The amount of things to do is unlimited. There are so many things you could forget the side missions and do your own thing without the story. This could be good or bad.

Diversity - there are a significant number of diverse characters with different ideas and professions. However after about 5% into the game you'll start getting repeat conversations and find people with the same issues.

The Bad:

I am a stickler for gameplay. Being a former video game producer I can tell you that bad gameplay will always kill a game. Of course you'll get the fanboys who love it no matter what but if you thought you were getting a modern day Assassins Creed you are in for a rude awakening.

The games AI is dreadful. You are always the focus. If enemies shoot at you and some passerby calls the police, the police show up to shoot you. Not arrest you, detain you, but full on shoot to kill. I had one point where a guy shot at me robbing a woman and the police officer standing there just turned and shot me.

The Police always know where you are even when you are hiding. I was hiding behind a wall when someone heard shots and called the police. The police showed up and even though I was hiding they all walked pointing their guns towards my hiding spot.

The game forces you to play its way. I don't like open world games that tout freedom to do things as a way to force you to do things that make it impossible. Forcing you to use melee to take down an enemy surrounded by armed thugs seems a bit on the dumb side without even giving a reason for it. You can kill all the enemies but shooting that guy is off limits.

Why did Namco make this game? Everything about this game feels like you are playing a Konami light gun arcade game. From the large yellow bullets to the campy game dialogue that is almost cartoony. The game is right up there with Lethal Enforcers... I mean they could have named it that and it would have been true tot he name.

Everyone recognizes you. Why? Isn't the purpose of being incognito to not be recognized yet everyone on the street knows who you are?

You can walk around and shoot people but melee is out of the questions unless you are taking down a scripted bad guy. It's like melee was an after thought.

Multiplayer - nothing says fun like being constantly interrupted during your game by people randomly hacking you without a choice. Don't want to be online? Well then you don't get anything for online and it resets everything.

Steal from everyone - Here's this guy who is a vigilante, but he has no issues robbing people who are foster parents, cub scout leaders, and social workers. Also if you find someone with a criminal record and you kill them... nope that's your bad. You should not have been a vigilante on that. It's like the information given to you is so you could ignore it and it's pretty much useless. You NEVER use any of it. The good guy shouldn't be stealing money from the accounts of someone who is a charity worker or someone who just got diagnosed with cancer.

Vehicles handle like crap.

Getting into cover and then trying to get out of it is impossible at times. This is especially noticeable if you are use to playing GTA and trying to sprint after the guy.

CONCLUSION - All in all this is an okay game. It's not world changing or even worth playing over GTA. The game sets a new low for gameplay. Kids under 16 will like it, but anyone with a true affinity for games will not. If you like being limited in your gameplay this is probably the best game for you.
  43. May 27, 2014
    The people scoring this game a "0" are...in my opinion....proof of just how socially retarded and petty a lot of folks in the gaming "community" have become.

Watch Dogs is a very well made game that's a lot of fun to play. It's quite polished. It doesn't break the mold. It takes a developed concept (open, sandbox world you can explore however long you want) and adds a few new ideas. Maybe Ubisoft didn't introduce all the innovation gamers were looking for. But take the thing on its own merits and it is definitely worth the purchase. I don't CARE about GTA V. I don't care if basement dwellers feel they were misled regarding the graphics. The graphics are solid. And I can't understand giving a game a "0" out of some sense of socially inept, acne driven rage. Or how people can actually root for companies providing them with games to FAIL. Lame. All you've done is convinced me to stop looking at game site forums or metacritic user reviews. You have nothing constructive to say. You got nothing HONEST to say. And you're coming across as hateful to people who have done NOTHING to you. You don't want a product, then don't buy it. For the rest of ya, it's worthy of addition to your game library.
  44. Jun 1, 2014
    It's a fun game, but after you play a bit, you realize it's just a reskin of the same systems and mini-games found in AC and Far Cry. There's iteration but not as much innovation as they claimed in the pre-release. There also seems to be little character motivation to do any of the stuff outside the campaign, but that sandbox has it's own charm as well. Wait for a sale or rent it.
  45. May 27, 2014
    Watch dogs is not a bad game. Sure their may be 2 sexual references but their is 48 hours of gameplay. You cannot see people having sex through their webcams. Every big name game has a few bad things but they're not entirely bad. It's a good game with a great story that's not intentionally bad.
    You play as Aiden Pearce a character whose niece was taken from him due to his criminal past. In the game you try and protect the rest of your family by hacking into CTOS he central operating system. You can hack virtually anything through it because everything is connected in modern. Distract guards, create blackouts, steal cars,or hack bank accounts you can do it all.
    The game is basically a mix of Assassins creed and Gta. Whenever you start the game you get put right in the action. You can hack into other players games and do mini games. You can also play multiplayer free roam and do games with other players. WATCH_DOGS is just a really good modern next gen game that everyone is playing appropriate for tweens and teens.
  46. May 27, 2014
    This game is great, though it doesn't reinvent the wheel. Do not pay attention to the trolls giving it zeroes. Check out the reviews of Joystiq, The Escapist, Destructoid, and even IGN to get a better impression.
  47. Jul 16, 2014
    Had lots of expectations for this games especially for being delayed for six months!! At first the game is great but after a couple of hours it just the same stuff, if your into assassin creed u might like this game, missions are kind of the same with chase at the end or follow someone, I can't lie I spent many hours playing....here is the list of pros and cons
    Pros:
    Hacking ability is
    Pros:
    Hacking ability is fun and new
    Lots of gameplay with free world and missions
    Online is fun with integrated multiplayer with single player
    Cons:
    Graphics are last gen
    No In depth storyline
    Driving feels weightless and sluggish
    This game is not bad just been expecting a break through game for the next gen system and yet no one has yet to provide one. This could have been easily made for the 360, I am just ranting on how the new gen of systems seem like they are the same as the previous gen
  48. May 27, 2014
    Let me begin by advising all of u on the fence about buying this game, throw out all the zeroes. These are most likely people still hung up on the "misleading graphics" from e3 2 YEARS AGO!! I've played quite a few true zeroes and this is absolutely NOT one of them. Pc gamers always claiming "fanboys" yet line up to give any and every console game a goose egg. I digress, this is a veryLet me begin by advising all of u on the fence about buying this game, throw out all the zeroes. These are most likely people still hung up on the "misleading graphics" from e3 2 YEARS AGO!! I've played quite a few true zeroes and this is absolutely NOT one of them. Pc gamers always claiming "fanboys" yet line up to give any and every console game a goose egg. I digress, this is a very good game. Driving may take some getting use to but is solid overall. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time writing this, a hundred more morons will be scoring it a zero by weeks end.... Best advice, watch some real reviews from established reviewers. Metacritic has become unreliable due to people like this.... enjoy! Expand
  49. May 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs is a game that almost needs no introduction but shouldn't be taken completely lightly at all. From the start it seemed like this game would have to much hype going into its release, but once you get into the game you will start to notice the journey it takes you on isn't what you probably expected but is still breath taking and a fresh idea none the less. Being set in aWatch Dogs is a game that almost needs no introduction but shouldn't be taken completely lightly at all. From the start it seemed like this game would have to much hype going into its release, but once you get into the game you will start to notice the journey it takes you on isn't what you probably expected but is still breath taking and a fresh idea none the less. Being set in a futuristic city of Chicago I feel the best things going for Watch Dogs has to be the innovative story it has set, along with decent character developments that will keep you wanting more even after the story is over. The only things that truly held this game back from being the best it could be was due to a bit of rushed story plot lines, quality control and a tad of repetitive gameplay. None the less Watch Dogs is truly a next gen experience that you will want to play at some point and that is why I feel this game deserves a 8.5/10! Expand
  50. May 27, 2014
    Giving this game a 0 is completely unjust, it amazes me that some of these people are even allowed to go on the internet. A zero would mean this is the worst game you have ever played (which this clearly is not). It's fine if you want to rate it a 0 but just know I'm going to give it a 10 just because. All you but hurt little kids need to grow up. This game is clearly not for you.

Again

Again this review is to only balance out the 0's. As for the game I have only just started but so far it's my favorite game I have for the One, and I see nothing deserving of a 0. Controls are tight and responsive and hacking thus far has been a blast.
  51. May 28, 2014
    Injustice!! This is the word for the reviews, profissional or not, that the people are giving to this game. This is simple one of the best games that I have ever played in my life. And I played a lot (I m talking about games like Half Life, Call of Duty 2, Mass Effect, Batman Arkham series, Diablo). This is a classic. It is innovative, with a lot of action, fun, adventure. What I can sayInjustice!! This is the word for the reviews, profissional or not, that the people are giving to this game. This is simple one of the best games that I have ever played in my life. And I played a lot (I m talking about games like Half Life, Call of Duty 2, Mass Effect, Batman Arkham series, Diablo). This is a classic. It is innovative, with a lot of action, fun, adventure. What I can say it is that the people like so much GTA V, that they are blind and don t want to give to another game the crown. But this game has everything that GTA V had, but much more. Enjoy my friends, this is a classic, I don t have doubt!!!!!! Expand
  52. May 27, 2014
    This game has got the great Ubisoft open-world feel to it, and it works well. The graphics and gameplay mechanics are excellent, but nothing special. The story is the main let-down for this game. They could have taken it so far, but it turned out to be just your average revenge tale. The multi-player, frankly, is unnecessary, and failed to hold my interest for even half an hour.
    Now for
    Now for the positives! The game not only is very atmospheric with the bustling streets and sneaking around the city, but it also feels very busy. This adds the effect that you can't keep track of everyone, so you could miss your target. The story, despite being basic as I said before, does actually pick up towards the end, so I do recommend sticking with it. I will be having a second playthough, but my first "speed-run" took nine hours to complete, so the game, (if you do all the side content/missions) should take around 20 hours; an acceptable length. The map is beatiful and big (the same size as GTA 5's main city area), and is extemely detailed and deep. The game, lastly, is unique, and I must admit it is actually much better than similar games, such as GTA. Don't believe the troll reviews between 1-4, this is a top quality game, worth the money.
  53. Jun 11, 2014
    I was excited for this game in light of the small selection of games on Xbox One. Gotta say I'm disappointed. It feels like Watch Dogs tries to do GTA but it doesn't come close to doing GTA as good as GTA does GTA (if that makes sense). Hacking is unique and brings a good amount of cool features. Otherwise, it feels like a poor man's GTA. That's the best I can describe it. Multiplayer isI was excited for this game in light of the small selection of games on Xbox One. Gotta say I'm disappointed. It feels like Watch Dogs tries to do GTA but it doesn't come close to doing GTA as good as GTA does GTA (if that makes sense). Hacking is unique and brings a good amount of cool features. Otherwise, it feels like a poor man's GTA. That's the best I can describe it. Multiplayer is clumsy - you can invite friends to the same game, but I haven't figured out how to assure we're on the same team. Driving isn't as smooth as you'd like. Graphics are straight, not spectacular. Haven't felt like playing it much, already back on Titanfall more regularly. It's not awful but it's ok. Expand
  54. Jun 16, 2014
    This game under-delivered. With all the hype around it, I was expecting it to be much more immersive and diverse than what I got. The story was interesting, but the characters (especially Pierce) didn't seem that deep. I loved the concept and the ability to hack a lot of things in the world was fun, but did get repetitive. The world was expansive and visually really neat. But I've lived inThis game under-delivered. With all the hype around it, I was expecting it to be much more immersive and diverse than what I got. The story was interesting, but the characters (especially Pierce) didn't seem that deep. I loved the concept and the ability to hack a lot of things in the world was fun, but did get repetitive. The world was expansive and visually really neat. But I've lived in Chicago and the game honestly did not feel like you were in a major city.. Here are a couple examples for my comments [spoilers below]

Hacking: You can hack a ton of stuff in game, sometimes it's fun just running or driving around changing lights or blowing up stuff. But I felt like there were several times (especially late in the game) when hacking is completely unusable. For instance, one late-game mission you are being chased by cops (who have the amazing ability to never stop coming and chase you down time and time again). At most points in the game, you can outrun them an hide, just not this mission. You have to reach several points on the map and deal with cops chasing you WITHOUT the ability to hack anything. The whole point of the game is hacking, then it's randomly taken away?

Combat: I thought the combat was done pretty well, some of the side missions with gang hideouts, convoys, and getaways were fun. But I felt like the stealth component was lacking pretty bad. It seemed like most missions you start out trying to stealthily take down someone only to be spotted and have to change to a guns-blazing, grenade throwing, and IED setting madman. Oh, and sniper rifles are just about completely useless in game.

Story: The story was alright, but nothing outstanding. A man seeks vengeance for the death of his niece, ends up making matters worse, then saves everyone and walks away at the end. I was never impressed with any of the characters (TBone was probably the best). There were a couple plot twists that didn't make a whole lot of sense and left me thinking "well, that was dumb." But I did feel like they made some good connections with why Pierce was on his vengeful quest.

There were some good points, overall it was enjoyable to play. It was engaging, the hacking was a cool feature, the online interactions with hacking other people was fun, the world was fun to look at and explore, and combat was pretty engaging once guns started firing. The enemies aren't complete idiots, and will hide behind cover and try to flank you.

Overall, I give it a 6, almost 7. The 6 only because I felt like I was told this game was going to be the next big thing. But it wasn't. It was a decent game, not extraordinary. Keep going Ubisoft, I know you can make quality stuff, I believe you can make this better.
  55. May 27, 2014
    I have now played this game for about 3 hours now and have a feel for what the game brings to the table. The game is not as bad as many people like to think it is. It does have a few graphical issues, but what game doesn't? A lot of people are also comparing this game to GTA5. Although the games do have some similarities, that doesn't mean they should be compared. The real only thing inI have now played this game for about 3 hours now and have a feel for what the game brings to the table. The game is not as bad as many people like to think it is. It does have a few graphical issues, but what game doesn't? A lot of people are also comparing this game to GTA5. Although the games do have some similarities, that doesn't mean they should be compared. The real only thing in this game that is "realistic" is that the city of Chicago is a real place (duh). Other than that, it's like any other game where it extends reality and adds a twist. This game reminds me more of Saints Row than GTA5. The driving mechanics are not realistic as you can plow through a car and have little to no damage to your car. But stealth can be a huge factor in this game if you like being sneaky even when you don't have to. The story is captivating as far as I have gotten but I always find myself spending more time going into other peoples games and trying to hack them. Although it seems annoying when someone does it, it bring something new and fresh gameplay rather than just running through the campaign as fast as you can. Of course you can disable the multiplayer aspect whenever you wish, but by doing so, you're missing on something special that only Watch Dogs brings to the table. If you are only looking for a realistic game to play, this game isn't for you. This game is more to those people that enjoy goofing off in a game. To those asking "is this game worth the $60 price tag", I would say yes, but waiting on a game sale may not be a bad idea. But this is a game worth trying. Expand
  56. Jul 7, 2014
    Decent little game. I don't feel hard done by purchasing this game. now im 98% complete i feel its a good time to sum up my experience. I felt the controls for the game were a little clunky and the camera seemed to have a mind of its own from time to time. I felt the different missions:, campaign, fixer contracts, gang hideouts etc were great fun. Graphically pleasant and the overallDecent little game. I don't feel hard done by purchasing this game. now im 98% complete i feel its a good time to sum up my experience. I felt the controls for the game were a little clunky and the camera seemed to have a mind of its own from time to time. I felt the different missions:, campaign, fixer contracts, gang hideouts etc were great fun. Graphically pleasant and the overall concept a success. The only down sides i would say was the length of the game, compared to similars (GTA) i felt it was far shorter and map is probably a 3rd of the size. I expect this will increase on the second addition having all the hard work been put in to create textures, buildings, cars, and AI etc all done and some slight improves to be made the next time round. I felt the mini games such as digital trips and drinking games were a waste of time. i didn't get much if any enjoyment out of them. I merely participated for my quest to 100% completion.

Overall a good game, worth a play but room for improvement in watch dogs 2 (which i hope happens) has the makings to be a great franchise.
  57. May 27, 2014
    there is one word for this gam and it is amamzing 10/10 anyday because of its unique characters and 42 hour plus story and there is lot sto do in this city side missions and just messing about
  58. May 27, 2014
    I think nowadays video game "CRITICS" over-analyze games and tend to criticize and penalize game scores for borrowing elements from other games but don't give enough credit for the originality the game itself offers. This is one of those games, i have read at least 5 reviews of this game and one thing i don't like is how they say that this game borrows elements from GTA V but that itI think nowadays video game "CRITICS" over-analyze games and tend to criticize and penalize game scores for borrowing elements from other games but don't give enough credit for the originality the game itself offers. This is one of those games, i have read at least 5 reviews of this game and one thing i don't like is how they say that this game borrows elements from GTA V but that it doesn't measure up, seriously? yes this is an open world game but it's not trying to be GTA, the hacking aspect of it just proves this isn't a GTA clone, it's an original and interesting game with really cool mini-games and a pretty cool multiplayer mode also.

The graphics in this game are awesome, it's not going to blow your mind but it compares favorably to any other next gen game considering the size and scope of the city and it's inhabitants. I like the variety of vehicles to choose from (not as much as GTA V but still varied enough), if we're going to compare elements then i'll say one thing, the shooting and cover elements in Watch Dogs are a lot better than GTA but the driving mechanics a little clunky but still decent enough.

Overall i'd say this game more than merits it's $59.99 price tag with a long story mode, multiplayer, mini games and side misions. Instead of whining about games borrowing elements from other games, let's be honest , what game hasn't borrowed elements from past games at all? instead of criticizing that let's just applaud how developers are able to take elements from other games and are able to mesh those elements with original ones in order to come up with such awesome games regardless of genre or platform.
  59. May 27, 2014
    Should you buy this game: YES
    Why?
    Should you buy this game: YES
    Why?
    If you are an owner of a next gen console and you do not have access to other open world games, I believe that this game is really worth getting. This game is very disappointing to people who were super hyped for the game but I think that this game is a better buy than games such as BF4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and now even GTA V (Until Next Gen comes out cuz idk what that'll be like). The game does one thing right, you can hack and you can hack your friends and strangers. The multiplayer aspect can be very annoying but very cool however the real game comes from all the side missions. The campaign is somewhat dull but I strongly believe the side quests and the city itself offer you the most fun in Watch Dogs at least in my opinion. I am still disappointed in Watch Dogs however I believe that Ubisoft can redeem themselves with a sequel to the game or through The Division.
  60. May 27, 2014
    Some of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so muchSome of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so much fun with the hacking part, by stealing personal information, bank account, taking over a network, but you just waiting for this cool game, until you give a good, or bad respond.... Expand
  61. May 28, 2014
    this game is amazing! people are crying about it dose not look as good as GTA V and that watch dogs should blow it out the water well they are **** crazy. the problem is they have a crappy TV. if your playing on a TV that is 6+ yrs old YES the graphics will look the same.PEOPLE its not GTA the game play is different its suppose to be it does take a few mins to get use to. also this isthis game is amazing! people are crying about it dose not look as good as GTA V and that watch dogs should blow it out the water well they are **** crazy. the problem is they have a crappy TV. if your playing on a TV that is 6+ yrs old YES the graphics will look the same.PEOPLE its not GTA the game play is different its suppose to be it does take a few mins to get use to. also this is there first game the second one will be 10 times better. to give this game a neg review your just a jack ass. and the people who gave it a 0 kill your self lol. it has a great story line tons of things to do. the online part is fun to do. for me the hype of the game was met. they push the release date back for money why would they release 2 amazing games at once assassins creed and watch dogs at the same time DUH!!! Expand
  62. May 28, 2014
    Fun game. The people putting 0's are just trolls. Enjoyable open world and if you're from Chicago it's a bonus. Hacking is fun and doesn't get old unless you have the attention span of a rodent. Like some said it does feel like GTA, which I don't see why that's a bad thing since it's a great game. Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.
  63. May 28, 2014
    Bought it on release day and spent so many hours on it absolutely fab game, Fun to play and incredibly addictive. Graphics are superb and mind blowing.
  64. May 28, 2014
    This game does horrible being a GTA V clone and that's because it isn't supposed to be. This game is a mix of AC and Splinter Cell with hacking and it is defiantly fun. Between the multiplayer, the story and the constant side missions it can be pretty difficult to get bored. After saying all that, this game may be fun for only a certain gamer. I could easily see how some people may notThis game does horrible being a GTA V clone and that's because it isn't supposed to be. This game is a mix of AC and Splinter Cell with hacking and it is defiantly fun. Between the multiplayer, the story and the constant side missions it can be pretty difficult to get bored. After saying all that, this game may be fun for only a certain gamer. I could easily see how some people may not really get into the game and just go through the motions of the game and never find it interesting to play. Since I am not one of those people, I give it a 9.5 Expand
  65. May 28, 2014
    Watch Dogs is an amazing game. Don't listen to the people who give it a yellow/red. I was excited for this game ever since it was announced, and I can safely say I was not dissapointed. The game is amazing, fun, and addicting. Like any ubisoft game, it has a LONG storyline, which is good so there's more to do in the game. The hacking ability is very unique and useful. I played the game forWatch Dogs is an amazing game. Don't listen to the people who give it a yellow/red. I was excited for this game ever since it was announced, and I can safely say I was not dissapointed. The game is amazing, fun, and addicting. Like any ubisoft game, it has a LONG storyline, which is good so there's more to do in the game. The hacking ability is very unique and useful. I played the game for about 5-6 hours, and I'm only 6% done! That just SHOWS how much there is! The world of Chicago is MASSIVE, which is also good so there's more room for missions. The voice acting is great, and after I was done playing, I was left wanting more. The game is fun, that's just it. That's the word you use to describe an amazing game. And Watch Dogs DEFININTLY deserves it. Expand
  66. May 27, 2014
    This game is a load of fun. The good games are rolling in now. Thanks Ubisoft! Hacking street lights is endless fun. Pow! Hijinks aside, there is a story. These negative reviews need to be deleted. We wanted a good sandbox game and it's been delivered. 70 negatives is stupid. The driving is solid; it's the single best sandbox driver I've seen in years. Then you have this wholeThis game is a load of fun. The good games are rolling in now. Thanks Ubisoft! Hacking street lights is endless fun. Pow! Hijinks aside, there is a story. These negative reviews need to be deleted. We wanted a good sandbox game and it's been delivered. 70 negatives is stupid. The driving is solid; it's the single best sandbox driver I've seen in years. Then you have this whole hacking element. Eavesdropping on conversations, there is a lot of content. This game should be in your library.
    It's a 10! They nailed it dead on!
  67. May 29, 2014
    Idk why there are so many ppl giving not just negative reviews but 1's and 0's! Ridiculous! I gave it a 10 just to balance out the 0's but in reality it's a 9 in my book. Great graphics, smooth controls, movement, gunplay, etc. The driving is a little arcade like but all
    In all serves it's purpose and is solid. Tons of things to do besides main story line, decent main character and really good supporting cast. Story is a generic revenge take but picks up steam and is good enough. Multiplayer is a good distraction and can be a lot of fun, mind you that it is not going to replace Titanfall but it is a nice addition. In the end if you like open world sandbox games and own and Xbox 1 or PS4 then this is a no brainer. If you still have a 360 or PS3 then I can't speak to those editions because I haven't played it on either console. Hope this was helpful to anyone on the fence and I wish we could all work together as a gaming community to give honest and accurate reviews of our opinions of the game but I digress. The trolls are not going away anytime soon but I wish certain ppl whom i will remain nameless, who has given over 50 games a 0/10 would be banned. Thanks for reading and have fun with the game or whatever game you choose to buy/play.
  68. May 28, 2014
    Watch dogs a lot of fun and a solid start to what could be become a stellar franchise. Everyone has been saying this is another GTA clone but for me the similarity's ended at open world sandbox in a modern city it's like saying every MMO is a WOW clone. First off those saying the graphics are horrible and not next gen worthy i really dont know if were seeing the same game because thisWatch dogs a lot of fun and a solid start to what could be become a stellar franchise. Everyone has been saying this is another GTA clone but for me the similarity's ended at open world sandbox in a modern city it's like saying every MMO is a WOW clone. First off those saying the graphics are horrible and not next gen worthy i really dont know if were seeing the same game because this game looks great almost feel im in a movie at times and the collision detection they have set up for car crashes is great seen a few that are just brutal. As for the world it seems it vibrant and alive people react to you walk by and you hear them gossip and chit chat the issue i have though is it lacks depth. There is alot to do but i just feel like there's some underlining component that's still missing in the open world. As far as driving goes only issues i have with control are after hitting the gas too long and it becomes hard to steer but... that makes sense so doesn't make problem for me. Now where it is suppose to be similar to other games is causing a ruckus to anger cops to run from. Watch dogs as a bar that discourages you from killing random civilians or else you wil be labeled a menace and people will call the police on you. well some may be disappointed by this i feel it make alot more sense and in the way watch dogs does it adds more to the game. If aiden is seen as a hero you can largely get away with some things with people not caring shoot to many people though and those phones will come out quick(oh btw you can shoot the people making the call lots of fun). When the phones do come out and cops are called is where watch dogs begins to distance itself as running from the cops has never been more thrilling in any game. They start by scanning the area for you once they find you police cars are dispatched and chase is on. During the chase scenes aiden has his phone to have all kinds of surprises with a few skill up grades aiden can raise bridges to pas activate traffic lights as he goes under causing cars to ram into chasing cops disable helicopter or my favorite so far activate road blockers causing the cops to smash into them. All of it is a lot of fun and adds more then just driving to a cop chase. On foot aidens phone is just as fun he can use it to blow power boxes causing black out or using it to hack into devices of guards. The story isn't a blockbuster hit but it is still engaging and leaving me entertained and ready to see whats next. Aidens phone also allows you to become the biggest creeper on the planet as you can look up quick tidbits about peoples lives income and even ahck their bank accounts and listen to their conversations. This feature is cool although the first part about getting tidbits about people lives is something thats like "ha this is cool...but what do i do with that.." so the guy makes weird Google searches or is being treated for depression...while that makes the world feel real what is the use in all that? Another issue that could have added more to it was the skill tree. At first i saw it and thought oh this is cool i can choose if i want to be better at driving or hacking or combat but in reality you gain skill points so fast that i've already grabed all the skills on my tier and just waiting for next tier to unlock. Also although some skills point are cool ive already unlock most of the ones that i wanted. I think this this skill "tree" needs a bit more to it better skill and more depth so its not more of a skill shrub. The stealth system is fun but it works alot better at night when you can cut the power. There are plenty of way to take out armed guards but most of the cool hacking ways involves blowing a fuse or gas pipe which does the job but then alerts people there is someone nearby so more quiet ways would be cool. The mutiplayer system is alot of fun its cool to hack into someones game and try to stay outa sight while getting data its also satisfying to find someone doing the same to you and popping them in the head

All in all while Watch dogs is a ground breaking hit that breaks bounds it does add alot of cool new features and twists to a genre that really makes it stand out on its own. It's alot of fun to to play and is a good change of pace. There are however always improvements to be made and i think if Ubisoft can add some more depth (like given us a reason its important that man looks up too much porn or she plays to much online gaming rather then just there) and improve their skills trees maybe even give us more sweet hacks this could be another hit franchise for them as it stands now great game and a solid start.
  69. May 29, 2014
    I'm bumping my review up to a nine although it realistically is in the 8.5 range. Obviously I've had a blast playing so far and honestly don't know what all the stigma is about. The same kids that complain all shooters are the same are the ones trying to compare this to GTA. It has more of an arcade feel and that holds true to the driving as well. I recommend playing it.
  70. Jun 4, 2014
    Watch Dogs is a game that carries a lot of hype about being a true next gen game for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. I feel it's nearly impossible for anything to live up to the level of hype this game received. It is my intention to review this title fairly without any level of hype or hatred for this game as I never got in to the hype and I do not hate Watch Dogs.

The narrative in

The narrative in Watch Dogs showed promise at first but quickly starts to fall apart and not just due to the cliche vigilante revenge story. Certain narrative decisions make it little to hard to believe that anyone would make that decision and Intelligent characters start acting irrationally at almost the on set of the Pearce family saga and many players will put together the entire story line about halfway through. It's not that it isn't a fun story, it's just painfully obvious.

A game I originally thought to have more in common with Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs is in every way an open world game in line with Grand Theft Auto and like GTA it falls victim to some of the common issues in almost all open world games. While it is obvious the game is also running on some last gen tech, I do not count off for that due to that being something of the norm at the moment, but we need to move passed this phase. Even with that said graphically I feel that it is a mixed bag. The game looks simply amazing at times, only to fall off at others. I perfect example of this is how almost every character outside of Aiden and Clara looks in game. Nicole & Jackson Pearce look like they had been ripped straight from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood graphically and placed in a game with a next gen version of Aiden and that not even getting in to how other non-important characters look far worse.

The city is very hit and miss as well, I am not 100% certain what version of Chicago this is but it isn't remotely close to the one I have visited. Look I am not saying we need this 1:1 ratio of the city, but things should at least be close. Chicago is graphically inconsistent as well. It has some real beauty at times then the quality suddenly drops to muddy/blurry textures and bad aliasing. I am a bit concerned about the lighting and shadows in the game outside of direct sunlight as many of the lights at night do not cast shadows. That said I think the game looks astonishing at night when it's wet from rain and no visible light source around, but that in itself is the problem as they are covering up their faults by adding a layer of water to a darker landscape. Reflections in this game are rarely ever even used and in almost every event they are faked out to try to add to the realism, the issue I take with this is that the reflections are almost 100% of the time not even close to accurate. You might be standing on a rooftop looking at a window of an intersection when in reality it is a city skyline. I have found myself on street level staring in to a building that shows a road running right through the city and in to the building I am looking at, I then turn around and find river and a bridge.

While the game is set at 30fps it has some frame rate issues on the PlayStation 4 (900p) and the Xbox One (792p). The drops are not considerable enough to cause a panic but should be noted after the game was delayed to correct issues like this.

The game controls well and has some good mechanics with the hacking but lacks any real combat. Melee combat is really non-existent outside of the a quicktime style take down and shooting is a very basic version of the mechanics found in Splinter Cell: Blacklist. It just always feels so subpar in combat driving scenarios. That leads to another issue, for a game that tries to allow the player so many options to achieve their goals the game tends to fall back on one of two things, firefights and car chases. Hacking was suppose to be the thing that makes it stand out, but then it falls back to being GTA kill everyone or escape and the hacking is a minute tool used to change traffic lights or raise barricades / bridges. most of the time it's not even needed as you can get away with little no no effort (until much later in the game). While on driving, the driving in this game takes the poor controls of cars in every other open world game and decreases handling to make them that much more of a chore. Motorcycles are almost flawless so I highly recommend using those or the special stealth car unlocked in 'uplay'.

The multi-player is unique and feels genuine, but is basically a trolling simulator The main quest will take one to two days to complete and the game offers enough side missions to make any 80 hour players scream with joy. The issue with those side activities is that once again like most open world games, they are very repetitive and lack any real diversity. Overall I think Watch Dogs is a solid game that everyone owes it to themselves to try, I feel that it is a very strong rental but not worthy of purchase
  71. May 28, 2014
    I've spent several hours playing Watch Dogs and I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing.

It starts off solid with a bit of hand-holding, and prompts that get you acquainted with VERY basic game play. While this was useful it was both overbearing and inadequate at the same time. You're sneaking around through most of the introduction hunched over like Quasimodo, I wasn't (and I'm still not) sure if I was even able to stand up straight. If I was, I have no idea what button does it. When you were standing up the movement seems sluggish and slow -- I'm not sure why this is how you're first exposed to the game, because it really like this later on.

Once you've successfully slipped out of the stadium, you're thrown into an open world to just figure it out. You're told there is a car stashed for you, but since nothing is clearly explained it took me a moment to realize where it was on my map and when "how to" windows open, it's often mid-action, making it difficult to really take in what it's telling you.

After walking a block or so (it took me forever to realize the RT was the sprint button) you hop in the car and head to your hotel room.

I should have stayed on foot, even if it was going to take me all night. Driving in this game is a miserable experience. Every car is heavy, apparently lacks power steering, and is being driven with bald tires on iced over streets (which would explain why the streets seem to glisten). The button configuration isn't truly customizable and the driving mechanics/physics are awful; somebody needs to be fired over it. On the plus side, somebody realized that it's impossible to drive even a few feet without slamming into people, places and things, so they made the cars virtually indestructible.

Your magical phone: For better or worse they don't really go into detail about how your phone works, but that isn't a huge deal, I don't want a bunch of laughably bad hacking jargon tossed at me for the sake of filling time. So, as far as I'm concerned, the phone works by holding the "X" button, and that's pretty much it.

There are skill trees that are never fully explained and I have no idea how you build the points that allow you to unlock the tree.

There is a story here somewhere, but hell if I can find it -- I've been wondering around exploring the city (on foot) almost the entire time.

So many questions:

When I go to investigate/prevent a potential crime, why are the criminals overly worried about me, but not any of the 987690378456 people walking by them? I'm just some dude looking at my phone.

When they do commit the crime, am I supposed to kill them or just beat them? Does it even matter?

Why is shooting at people so difficult?

Why do two-bit thieves and purse snatchers have several cars full of armed mobsters on call?

Am I supposed to feel bad stealing from people by hacking their phones? How am I any better than the small time criminals that are around every corner, and inordinately concerned about me personally?

Can I change clothes or is everything just the same outfit with a different color scheme?

Am I missing something? Why isn't the story progressing? Why isn't anyone calling me just to, if anything, nudge me towards progressing the campaign?

SERIOUSLY: Why is driving so utterly frustrating?

Contrary to the seemingly negative review, I don't hate the game, it's a really interesting concept, but still feels oddly limiting, considering how much is out there to find/explore. I'll certainly keep playing and try to see it through, but I feel pretty confident that no matter how much I end up liking it, I'll always feel that it has some serious game play mechanics issues that shouldn't exist in a next gen game, when games like GTA V and Saints Row 4 nearly perfected these things well over a year ago.
  72. Jun 26, 2014
    Enjoyable gameplay. Sadly graphics don't live up to anything near what they showed at E3 2012. Tough levels, lots of hrs of gameplay. If you like GTA V, this will tie you over until Oct 2014 when GTA V is released on next gen consoles but it is only a stopgap sadly. Saying that, I am giving it a 7 because I love the multiplayer aspect of it and the ctOS app is brilliant for battlingEnjoyable gameplay. Sadly graphics don't live up to anything near what they showed at E3 2012. Tough levels, lots of hrs of gameplay. If you like GTA V, this will tie you over until Oct 2014 when GTA V is released on next gen consoles but it is only a stopgap sadly. Saying that, I am giving it a 7 because I love the multiplayer aspect of it and the ctOS app is brilliant for battling against friends, regardless of the console it is on. Expand
  73. May 30, 2014
    Watch Dogs is an unmitigated triumph. Considering the game is a new IP, it does a lot of things incredibly well and lays the foundation for a franchise that has the makings of being a potential Assassin’s Creed beater. Despite a bad environment and vehicle damage, Watch Dogs is worthy of your time. There’s no doubt about that.
  74. May 28, 2014
    While Watch_Dogs didn't quite live up to the hype train that it rolled in on, it does deliver a quality and enjoyable gaming experience, as well as some creative ideals, that could really spark a strong franchise moving forward. It comes with it's fair share of mistakes, and oversights, but nothing worth scores as ridiculous as zero, the trolls have successfully put a black cloud overWhile Watch_Dogs didn't quite live up to the hype train that it rolled in on, it does deliver a quality and enjoyable gaming experience, as well as some creative ideals, that could really spark a strong franchise moving forward. It comes with it's fair share of mistakes, and oversights, but nothing worth scores as ridiculous as zero, the trolls have successfully put a black cloud over this game, but make no doubt about it, Watch_Dogs is worth the price of admission, and worth a rating more fitting than what some amateurs on here have given it. Expand
  75. May 28, 2014
    Have you ever had a hamburger with peanut butter on it? Sounds kind of weird huh? Peanut butter and hamburgers are equally delicious on their own, but when you combine the two you have an unexpected delicious hamburger-peanut-butter-thing that you would have never thought would work so well together.

Enter Watch Dogs. Watch Dogs is like a peanut butter hamburger, or in this case, a

Enter Watch Dogs.

Watch Dogs is like a peanut butter hamburger, or in this case, a combination of Splinter Cell (stealth, take-downs, gadgets and gun combat) and GTA V (open world, vehicles and all out carnage)--two games you wouldn't think would go together well, but when combined make a most unexpected and delicious...er...awesome game.

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't perfect, the driving mechanics aren't the best I've seen and some of the characters are a little dull, and the graphics in next-gen aren't quite next-gen (at times--water is gorgeous!). Besides that, there is a ton of fun to be had including a massive stack of main and side quests, phone games and city games. The game isn't short on content, and that's just the single player. Once you jump on to multiplayer you'll have a blast racing, hacking in to unexpected players, shooting your way to hack the objective from other teams or just raising hell in free roam.

My review in a nutshell:

Graphics: 8
    Sound: 8
    Gameplay: 9
    Controls: 8
    Singleplayer: 9
    Multiplayer: 8
  76. May 30, 2014
    Lets face it, anyone who has played this game for over 24 hours will give this game a good review. If you are considering to buy this game, do not look at the negative reviews that are 0 to 4, as they are all trolls who like to piss people off. When looking at reviews, look for reviews that are about a 7 or an 8. No game deserves a 10 and no game deserves a 0.

Going off, I have played

Going off, I have played this game for over 70 hours now and I can tell you that the graphics are not what everyone is saying, the graphics themselves may have been slightly degraded but at the end of the day, nobody gives a **** about graphics.

As for the main part of the game, hacking is very fun and is very useful in almost every situation. Chasing a guy down the street? Hack a steam pipe and slow him down, or hack the street lights so everybody crashes into each other. Wanna pick off a guy and don't wanna be caught? Blow up an electrical box and watch him fly! Hacking in the main way, is very fun and should not be looked down on.

Driving is not fluid, but is not what everybody is saying it is. If you have some experience with Racing games you will know that Watch Dogs driving is similar to the driving. As for driving, I don't really see a problem. First person angle of the vehicle is a complementary touch also.

Shooting in my opinion is the games weakest link. The recoil on the Automatic Weapons (Assault Rifles, SMG's) is absolutely insane! Anybody who has previously played GTA or any third person open world game will know that the recoil is bull****.

Ubisoft has also implemented mid-game crafting. You having a tough time with an Enforcer? (Heavy Armor Enemy), craft a Frag Grenade or a IED and watch 'em fly! You can also craft other things like Proximity IED's, Focus Boosters and others.

As for stating that there is a craftable item called "Focus Boost", I will also touch on Focus. Focus is enabled when pressing the Right Analog Stick, making time go slower and making it easier to kill enemies and score headshots on them. Focus can also be enabled when driving, giving you the effect of being with more precision. Focus is indeed something that will save your ingame life and the time that you will not waste repeating half of a mission once again.

The game also features a leveling system similar to Saints Row IV and 3, and Dead Rising 3 included. The max level ingame is 50, and leveling up isn't all that hard either.

As you level up, you gain Skill Points and you are able to upgrade from the following branches (Hacking, Combat, Driving, Crafting) and you will find yourself playing Mini Games across ingame Chicago.

Mini Games and side missions are fun, but aren't really exciting. In my opinion, I think "NVZM" is pretty good, it involves you shooting virtual aliens that are entering through wormholes and having to eliminate all of them until the time runs out. Side missions such as Gang Hideouts, Criminal Convoy and Crime Stopping are also decent. I find myself playing Gang Hideouts to earn myself skill points, and Criminal Convoy to earn a decent amount of XP.

As for there is much more to this game, I wanted to drop on one more thing and that is the story. The story isn't amazing, but you find yourself caring for the characters and playing through the story as it gets progressively better by each mission.

I might of not went through everything in the game, but my review for this game is a 8.0. This game might of been over hyped, but this game does deserve most of its praise. If you are considering to pick this game up for either the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 or Steam (PC), I would give you my full recommendations.
  77. May 29, 2014
    I think that this game looks beautiful. It has a sense of atmosphere and weight while maintaining its fun to play feel.
    It does veer into the ridiculous conventions sometimes found in action movies, but I think that is part of its charm. I feel like I can be as serious or silly as I want depending on my mood.
    I thinks that the 0 ratings for this game are unwarranted. I understand that
    I thinks that the 0 ratings for this game are unwarranted. I understand that there was a lot of hype about this game, and that more than a few people feel letdown, but a 0 rating out of anger or misunderstanding makes no sense to me.
    This game may not be for everyone but I look forward to being immersed in it for days to come.
  78. Jun 21, 2014
    Entertaining, but lacking any certain zeal to separate it from Grand Theft Auto. The story line and objectives were very similar, and, if given more time, I'm sure that the team creator could have made a very memorable and pleasing game.
  79. Jun 16, 2014
    This game has excellent gameplay and tons of content. The story's supporting characters are also excellent. Still, after finishing the gang hideouts and story missions, I have unlocked a bunch of new weapons but have no one to use them on. The game looks great, but frame rate drops are frequent. Plus, many of the missions feel overly familiar and besides hacking watch dogs fails toThis game has excellent gameplay and tons of content. The story's supporting characters are also excellent. Still, after finishing the gang hideouts and story missions, I have unlocked a bunch of new weapons but have no one to use them on. The game looks great, but frame rate drops are frequent. Plus, many of the missions feel overly familiar and besides hacking watch dogs fails to distinguish itself. Nonetheless, I would definitely recommend this game for its awesome mechanics and dense open world. Expand
  80. Jun 5, 2014
    An enjoyable and graphically stunning game, but is let down for it's poor/confused story and lack of content, with a boring plot setup and little to nothing to do outside of the campaign, it can be easily overlooked and is nothing special for Next-Gen gaming.

Should you play? Yes. It is fun for a while, but games like GTA V and Saints Row are no doubt better games when it comes down to content and overall enjoyment.
  81. Jun 5, 2014
    Oh, what it could have been....Those are the words which continuously run through my mind while playing Watch Dogs, the new game from Ubisoft. To me, this reminds me of the Assassin's Creed series where the concept is great but the developers aren't able to fully utilize it.

When I first picked up the game and started playing it, I was impressed by the realistic driving and the many activities you are bombarded with out of the gates. However, none of the activities have lasting power and will shortly start to feel like work instead of play. There are the typical collection missions, puzzle missions and "go kill this bad guy" missions which all feel bland in general. Because of the hacking element, there is a different makeup for these side activities but are still obviously cookie-cutter molds from previous games.

The online play is where Watch Dogs shines...at first. Hacking other players while they are in game is a great idea and I really wished they would've expanded on the experience. The idea is you can "hack" a random player while they are between missions on their single player campaign. You will be spawned into "their" city within close proximity of the player you are attempting to hack. Then you are assigned the task of hacking your opponent within a time limit of 5 minutes (which consists of getting close enough and within view of your target while holding 'X'). Once the hack is started, you must not be identified by the target while the process is finished and staying within the radius of the "hacking circle." This takes a reasonable amount of time and at every interval of %25, the search area becomes smaller which makes it more difficult to hide. This makes for a great game of cat and mouse and really gets the heart pumping no matter if you are hacking or the one being hacked.

The problem is, much like single player, there's nothing to keep you coming back to do it again. Once you have learned how to effectively hack others and defend against hacking yourself, it becomes a chore to participate in these sessions. The other online modes give a good change of pace like online decryption and CTOS mobile, but suffer from the same fate. Ubisoft needs to understand multiplayer is the where the lasting power comes from and if a deep and immersive online experience isn't presented then interest will fade quickly.

Hopefully, they will provide an update or DLC which will expand on the world they have created but as of now, they are in the same category as the Assassin's Creed franchise: Great idea but could have been so much more.
  82. Jun 16, 2014
    What's not to love here? It's got hacking, it's got GTA style open world and it's got mini games. If you can ignore the graphics controversy you will find a decent game that provides you hours of enjoyment. The only thing this game is missing is killing hookers and innocents. Definitely give it a shot.
  83. Jun 18, 2014
    I'm happy that Watch Dogs sorta lived up to the hype in the end. This game does a lot of things right and some things can be better I feel. The story is actually pretty good and has a lot of good depth, with some pretty interesting characters. I love the hacking in this game it adds something new to the sandbox game and there are loads of things to do in this Chicago. The multiplayer is okI'm happy that Watch Dogs sorta lived up to the hype in the end. This game does a lot of things right and some things can be better I feel. The story is actually pretty good and has a lot of good depth, with some pretty interesting characters. I love the hacking in this game it adds something new to the sandbox game and there are loads of things to do in this Chicago. The multiplayer is ok it could've been much better. Though there are loads to do some of it feels like it's there for no reason, and the car chases/races are fairly boring. Overall I thought it was a good play and I think it would be worth a play, and has great potential for the future Expand
  84. Jun 15, 2014
    Just finished this game and I really enjoyed it. Watch Dogs is a lot like other open world games except for the hacking aspect. It is a very unique gameplay element and is probably the best part about the game. Graphics wise the game is just good. It is just a upgraded port from the 360 version so it doesn't really show off next-gem hardware. It still does look good especially at nightJust finished this game and I really enjoyed it. Watch Dogs is a lot like other open world games except for the hacking aspect. It is a very unique gameplay element and is probably the best part about the game. Graphics wise the game is just good. It is just a upgraded port from the 360 version so it doesn't really show off next-gem hardware. It still does look good especially at night when it is raining. The only real negative I can say is that the story is kind of confusing. There are many enemies that are painted as being the main enemy but then they are just a side quest mission to take out. It's not a bad story and I did enjoy the ending but the middle of it is kind of muddied. Overall I really liked the game and I really hope the next version is next-gen and PC only so they can go all out with the next game. Also if you really want to enjoy the game, try not to compare this game to GTA V. Expand
  85. May 30, 2014
    Watch Dogs, one of 2014's most anticipated game has finally arrived, though it isn't what we expected.

Gameplay - The game runs fine part from some times where it slows down, shooting feels great, definitely with focus, the game can be both exciting and action packed at once, certainly when you are getting chased by the police and then you suddenly hack everything. Driving - Driving

Driving - Driving on this game is disappointing, definitely when the makers of DRIVER are making this, it feels horrible and boring, this can also lead to some mistakes.

Graphics - This is where the game hugely disappoints, we were shown a beautiful, realistic, living world in E3 2012 and for it being released 2 years after that, we got no where near that, the games graphics look nearly the same on Xbox 360 and even GTA V looks better.

Multiplayer - The multiplayer is a ok addition to the game, though it can feel unnecessary, there is no doubt that free roaming and hacking around Chicago with friend(s) is fun

Overall - The game has some of the most action packed moments in video game history, but due to its graphics which looks nothing like we were shown at E3 2012 and horrible driving, the game falls flat on what we expected, the game is not GOTY contender but what it is, is a game which will keep you entertained for June and maybe July.

7.3/10
  86. Jun 8, 2014
    Watch dogs is set in Chicago, and you're Aiden Pearce. With just your phone you're able to hack into the cities network, traffic lights, road blocks etc. With all the controversy on the graphics it's rather fine to me, while I did want those next gen graphics, it didn't happen. Throughout the city they're multiple side missions, criminal convoys, crimes detected, and mini games such asWatch dogs is set in Chicago, and you're Aiden Pearce. With just your phone you're able to hack into the cities network, traffic lights, road blocks etc. With all the controversy on the graphics it's rather fine to me, while I did want those next gen graphics, it didn't happen. Throughout the city they're multiple side missions, criminal convoys, crimes detected, and mini games such as poker, digital tapes. Poker can be addictive at times and so is the digital tapes as you can be a spider tank! Now, later on the side missions start to get repetitive, crimes detected start to get noticed as rinse and repeat. The gameplay is also rather simple, you got your guns, sub machine guns, pistols, assault rifles, grenade launchers, sniper rifles. And with the ability to slow down time and take out your enemies with ease. There is no melee combat at all other than take downs ONLY on criminals/bad guys. There is also no jumping. The driving also seems a little on the sleeping dogs side, but the driving starts to get to you, you'll get used to it a little more. Hacking into peoples bank accounts to get a ton of money to get that car you want is sure pleasing. The story has many emotions but lacks more in-depth storytelling. Which I was slightly disappointed by. Despite frame rate lag issues sometimes throughout your free roaming experience. Also you got a compatible skill tree system with some useful sources to upgrade your hacking and combat, the only useless one you might run into is the driving, pretty much nothing changes when you upgrade it. It's not the best skill tree but it's good. I'd give Watch dogs a try. Go for it! Expand
  87. Jun 10, 2014
    In between the realm of Grand Theft Auto and a modern day Assassin's Creed we have Watch Dogs. It's a game with a tremendous amount of hype that doesn't live up completely to the anticipation, but solidifies itself as a new IP with a promising future. Watch Dogs works with abstract controls that once you find the right groove, work very well. Hacking is simple, has an impact, and can shapeIn between the realm of Grand Theft Auto and a modern day Assassin's Creed we have Watch Dogs. It's a game with a tremendous amount of hype that doesn't live up completely to the anticipation, but solidifies itself as a new IP with a promising future. Watch Dogs works with abstract controls that once you find the right groove, work very well. Hacking is simple, has an impact, and can shape the world around you. The main story is interesting enough to hold attention throughout the entire game and I enjoyed it, but it won't be winning any awards anytime soon. After you beat the game there's tons to do around a massive and interactive Chicago. The problem here is that you can't play Watch Dogs for hours on end, the game starts to loose it's replay value and I didn't want to binge play it. Driving could be improved but is actually done pretty well. Aiden as a character isn't very compelling, and graphically it's not as stupendous as what we were promised. With these shortcomings, Watch Dogs still holds up to be a unique game that I'm very happy to play. Expand
  88. Jun 2, 2014
    The campaign was really solid especially towards the end. The graphics looked like last gen but last gen consoles did not have the power to run this game past low-medium settings, driving mechanics were a 5/10 compared to GTA V's 10/10 and shooting was real good felt natural like gta v
  89. Jun 3, 2014
    I have to say initially I was expecting this game to have a lot more to it. The online was a little disappointing especially with the inability to hack your friends. (At least at launch). But to be honest, this game is quite a bit of fun.

It's mainly a single player experience but the experience is top notch. Most Ubisoft games have great balance between story, gameplay, graphics and sound. Pretty much everything you want in a game. Watch Dogs delivers exactly this. With the combination of gadgets to your disposal and large arsenal of weapons and disguises, sometimes I feel like the Batman! Where Clara is my Oracle. The characters are creatively designed and funny and the acting is great!

Here is my review:

Graphics: 7/10
    Story: 8.5/10
    Sound: 8.5/10
    Fun Factor: 9/10
    Driving: 7.5/10

Overall: 8/10
  90. Jun 4, 2014
    There is not much for easing new players into this much anticipated world apart from a fairly simple opening narrative. This introduces a revenge theme where the brooding player character, Aidan Pierce, is searching for answers about the death of his young niece following a past hack that turned bad. Aidan with the help of some shady Dedsec (a sort of hackers anonymous) individuals goThere is not much for easing new players into this much anticipated world apart from a fairly simple opening narrative. This introduces a revenge theme where the brooding player character, Aidan Pierce, is searching for answers about the death of his young niece following a past hack that turned bad. Aidan with the help of some shady Dedsec (a sort of hackers anonymous) individuals go about getting to the bottom of why this family tragedy has befallen and why his family still remains in apparent danger. Upon entering the free game world for the 1st time after the opening story sequence I was overloaded with a massive array of features in very vivid and lively Chicago. It’s not to say this is a bad thing, plenty of titles introduce players to new games with slow, unimaginative tutorials and introductions, while better games immerse players early on incorporating game features that players will need to master. Watchdogs doesn’t really do either instead the game drops the player in and says here’s everything we got, go nuts! In fairness there are short tutorials for pretty much every activity and feature which are triggered as and when they are required as well as the player being able to access them anytime through the in game Smartphone. At first the sheer amount of information dropped at once seems overwhelming, with map icons for campaigns, side missions, collectibles, exploration, activities, investigations shopping and more. However after playing a little while it gets easier to process everything and develop a style of progression you’re comfortable with although this is frequently interrupted by constant remote alerts of crimes and criminals to stop. This can be a blessing and a curse, particularly for somewhat OCD gamers like myself that tend to leave no stone unturned. As for the gameplay itself, it came as quite of a surprise how similar I found the set up to GTA titles. The level of openness is impressive and praise has to give to the level of detail gone in which really makes the city feel alive everywhere you go. I did expect however a bit more cohesion between the player’s story and the game world. We knew before release that the player would be some kind of technological vigilante super Assange, however where this suffers at first is there is no real effort in establishing a motive for the players’ activities. I’m still unsure if Aidan is a hacker turned vigilante, or a vigilante who happens to be a skilled hacker. Again, the narrative at the beginning doesn’t really attempt to reconcile the two so there’s no real purpose to why Aidan should be stopping organ traffickers and potential violent criminals and fraudsters (while at the same time ripping off ATM’s!) What is interesting is the natural Moral compass imbedded in the game using a fairly simple reputation system. Going on a GTA themed joyride and mowing down lines of civilians will severely damage your reputation and make the game much more difficult (and annoying) by increasing chances a citizen may call the police on you and trigger what I have found to be long and frequently difficult pursuits. It is possible however to jam a 911 call or just bully their mobile phone off them. Trust can always be earned though, and stopping street crimes (although fairly repetitive) increases your reputation particularly if non-lethal force is applied, on this note, taking out cops in Arnie, Terminator 2 style by shooting out their legs is also useful as your reputation decrease is less severe than going full on Arnie Terminator. The main selling point for watchdogs that separates it from other open world action games is the tech heavy focus. The players Smartphone is a powerful and enjoyable tool and the real time hacking features are unique to the world of gaming. Activating a profiling mode provides Aidan with general (and amusing) information on any citizen or enemy as well as potential access to their bank accounts or even music collections as well as detecting possible crimes and people/places of interest. Probably the most satisfying and engaging feature is Aidan’s ability to hack into the city’s CtOS network which controls everything from surveillance and electric grids, to street furniture and lockboxes. The dastardly smile on my face the first time I caused a super slow motion police car crash by changing the red lights must have been wider than the Chicago River. The usability of these features depends on if the city district the player is in has had its CtOS tower hacked in a somewhat assassins creed viewpoint unlock style. Some of these towers require parkour and puzzle solving to reach while others require stealth or straight up brutality to reach, Watch dogs does a great job of allowing the player to choose their own style for most situations, it is noted that the parkour features although simple are responsive and effective. Several hilarious decryptions are also available once you have successfully downloaded into some of these stations where you find out just how intrusive CtOS can be on its own citizens lives, from hacking into household camera’s to capture certain, home movies, *cough cough* to analysing people’s health and personal habits. What came as quite a surprise is how smooth the combat system plays, Watchdogs rivals and exceeds even the best 3rd person cover shooters. The cover system is simple and responsive with easy transitions not only round corners but even to cover points at long distances. There is a wide range of weaponry and crafting items to employ which when combined with combat hacking really provides the player with a feeling of control and skill while at the same time never being too easy due to its realism and responsive AI. Most engagements can be quickly pre-planned and strategized by the player. Find hard cover, then watch with glee as you hack into a series of cameras that allows the player to tag enemy positions, unlock doors, set off multiple distractions and even wirelessly hack enemies ear pieces, mobile phones (to text them amusing messages regarding mortgage rejections and more) and remotely set off explosive devices they happen to be carrying. Once the wireless mayhem has reduced your foes to paranoid wrecks, it’s time to move in and pick them off, or perhaps after profiling a guard and learning he’s excited for his daughters 2nd birthday, take them down with a riot stick or just waltz past. Perhaps some of the best moments I have had with watchdogs so far have not been campaign or side missions but rather in the alternative mode. There’s plenty of Fixer contracts to engage in for cash and experience points ranging from stopping a convoy to taking the Chicago PD on a wild goose chase. There’s also the hugely enjoyable “digital trips”, kind of techno induced acid trips which includes one activity called the “spider tank” which had me bouncing in my seat in excitement as I manoeuvred a giant robotic spider across the streets and rooftops of Chicago destroying everyone and anyone. The other game mode that has to be given praise is the embedded online features through the Smartphone online contracts. Although I get the feeling I have not got to sample all watchdogs multiplayer has to offer, what I have played has been smooth, exciting and tense. Although not directly linked to the story the invasion and tailing modes link to your wider role as a hacker where other real world players will invade your game session and attempt to hack your smart phone to gleam data from you while you are given a set time to find the hacker and put them down. The longer you are hacked the smaller the search area becomes with the tension retching up to find the geeky little thieves. On the flip side, you can hack some other poor fixer’s phone. Winning these hack duels grants notoriety points which grants useful special unlocks such as special ammo and vehicles. Another immensely exciting mode is a retrieval mode that consists of two teams driving and shooting it out to decrypt a single file package, the team who has possession of the file when 100% decrypted wins, how you get to that point is completely up to the players. The synchronicity between online contracts and the single player world is very exciting for the future of shared world games, and transitioning between the two is mostly fast and does not feel separated or restrictive, although it would be nice if there was an option to allow a friends list only option as I can foresee myself telling a would be hacker where they can stick their Smartphone for “invading” my game. Looks wise Watchdogs is finely polished and quite striking although I have not really had a wow moment so far in regards to its next gen visuals. The detail however is impressive with weather and lighting effects realistic and ambient touches such as trash floating along the floor in the wind. Up close character details are sharp and refined but once again probably still a little short of being the title that really pushes next gen graphics. The overall style seems to mix a blend of urban, cyberpunk and metropolitan styles although it hasn’t fully engaged me atmospherically to a point I could say it has its own distinct ambience or unique look. I would have liked to see a bit more of a distinct effort to engage the player into a stylised world and was probably expecting something a bit darker and underground. Overall it’s clear that after just a couple of days with watchdogs there’s so much in terms of content and execution to keep a large spectrum of gamers interested and happy. For open world aficionado’s and accomplishment guru’s there’s a mind bogglingly comprehensive progression system including campaign, general experience, skill points and unlocks, side missions, investigation, exploration, collectibles, interactions and activities. Watch dogs does a fantastic job in rewarding players for fully experiencing its vast open world features with progression wheels for absolutely everything with rewards, unlocks and special items making all activities worthwhile and not just extra’s to the main missions. For the more action orientated players the gameplay and scenarios are exciting, immersive and fairly challenging, with plenty of features to provide play style and options. The combat system is enjoyable and rewarding and the AI responsive. My first impression of watchdogs is it seems to just fall short of being a truly iconic next gen title however there’s so much going on that you won’t have time to really care especially when raising a bridge behind you with cadre of cop cars in close pursuit. The graphics on the whole don’t quite provide the outstanding next gen visuals I have been waiting for however there are plenty of visual features and effects for eye candy. It would have gone a long way having a deeper opening narrative and character introduction to link the story to the wider game world giving it some perspective, and emotion, although there’s plenty of scope to develop this as the campaign unravels. The scope and scale of the game together with the well-crafted combat and unique game features will make Watchdogs worthwhile the time required to hack in for a large percentage of gamers. Expand
  91. Jun 5, 2014
    I really love this game. I didn't know what to expect from UbiSoft. I thought it might have Assassins Creed type gameplay in a modern tech driven story line. I was wrong, definitely reminds me of Grand Theft Auto with the massive open world. The availability of cars and motorcycles and boats to jump into. In a nutshell the game is like GTA with a brain. The story is ok, you've got to haveI really love this game. I didn't know what to expect from UbiSoft. I thought it might have Assassins Creed type gameplay in a modern tech driven story line. I was wrong, definitely reminds me of Grand Theft Auto with the massive open world. The availability of cars and motorcycles and boats to jump into. In a nutshell the game is like GTA with a brain. The story is ok, you've got to have one, and the campaign broken down into its individual acts have its own set of highs and lows, same with the characters. For me the side games and the multiplayer modes are where this game shines. I have spent a lot of time playing the game and 90% playing these other modes. Reading the fickle ratings some people are giving this game I get the impression they have not tried these out. There is a lot of content jammed into this game. My favorite game on the XBOXONE to date. TitanWHAT?!?! Expand
  92. Jun 5, 2014
    I'm writing this for the Xbox One version. The game looks great and the gameplay is ok. It does get a little repetitive and it does feel a lot like an unpolished Assassin's Creed. The driving is absolutely horrible, the vehicles are stiff and the damage they take is unrealistic. The story line is cheesy If you think you're buying a futuristic GTA V, then think again, this game is a lotI'm writing this for the Xbox One version. The game looks great and the gameplay is ok. It does get a little repetitive and it does feel a lot like an unpolished Assassin's Creed. The driving is absolutely horrible, the vehicles are stiff and the damage they take is unrealistic. The story line is cheesy If you think you're buying a futuristic GTA V, then think again, this game is a lot different than that. I think I bought it because I wanted something different to play and was expecting something more closely related to GTA. However, the game is somewhat fun and I'm looking forward to playing it again and see what happens. I have yet to beat it, but I don't think it's going to get much better than what it is now. I do not think that it is worth the 59.99 I had to cough up for it. If possible, I think one should rent this game. Overall, the game looks great and it plays ok. It does seem as if it needs more time on the development department. Expand
  93. Jun 3, 2014
    I don't see how this can be rated lower than an 80. the graphics look amazing, especially when you're tv settings are tuned in the xbox one dashboard under display in settings. Storyline can be a little blurry, but gameplay is perfectly fine. Naturally there's only so much you can do with an open world game online and I think the new twist with random interaction at any time makes it thatI don't see how this can be rated lower than an 80. the graphics look amazing, especially when you're tv settings are tuned in the xbox one dashboard under display in settings. Storyline can be a little blurry, but gameplay is perfectly fine. Naturally there's only so much you can do with an open world game online and I think the new twist with random interaction at any time makes it that much better. Audio In this game is amazing at well (cars, guns, etc.) Expand
  94. Jun 3, 2014
    Gameplay very akin to GTA V, but with a lot of extra depth, hacking obviously being the main draw here. I'm a man of few words: Good, but not great; repetitive side missions, but gripping narrative.

Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 9/10
    Story 8/10
    Length 9/10
    Replayability 2/10
  95. Jun 5, 2014
    First of all, this game probably does not deserve a 10/10. But I give it a 10 just to make up for the extremely low user score. Yes, the graphics aren't as good as the E3 demo, and no, the story isn't all that amazing. But so far I feel like I got my money's worth with this game more than any Xbox One title so far. I've only played for a few hours, but i can tell it's a fun game to play,First of all, this game probably does not deserve a 10/10. But I give it a 10 just to make up for the extremely low user score. Yes, the graphics aren't as good as the E3 demo, and no, the story isn't all that amazing. But so far I feel like I got my money's worth with this game more than any Xbox One title so far. I've only played for a few hours, but i can tell it's a fun game to play, it has good graphics and seems to have a lot of content. Expand
  96. Jun 5, 2014
    Entendi o motivo da Ubisoft ter adiado para 2014. Watch Dog não aguentaria o GTA V.
    Foi a primeira que que vi esse motor do jogo (acho que é o mesmo de Assasins Creed) lidar com a física de automóveis e acho que ainda pode melhorar mas não é nada que atrapalhe muito.
    A minha boa nota vem no sentido do jogo ter milhares de detalhes fascinantes (obrigatórios para um sand box) e no trabalho de ambientação e dublagens para o PT BR.Achei muito bom!
    Seguimos jogando :)
  97. Jun 17, 2014
    I loved this game. You can truly tell how good an open world game is when the side missions are just as good or better than the main story. Visually the game looks fantastic and I love the ability to hack everything. Makes a lot of fire fights and stealth action way easier and kind of spoils you for other games like Assassins creed. The best part I can say about this game is that youI loved this game. You can truly tell how good an open world game is when the side missions are just as good or better than the main story. Visually the game looks fantastic and I love the ability to hack everything. Makes a lot of fire fights and stealth action way easier and kind of spoils you for other games like Assassins creed. The best part I can say about this game is that you definitely get your moneys worth and it is truly one of the most rewarding games I've played in a long time Expand
  98. Jun 1, 2014
    Il mio voto è un 8,5, ma ho assegnato un 9 per alzare la media.

Il gioco mi sta piacendo molto, le missioni secondarie e le attività soprattutto...tanto che per ora ho ignorato completamente la storia principale per dedicarmi ad esse; Sono stupito negativamente dalla votazione degli utenti...il gioco non è un capolavoro, ma è un buon open world con diverse meccaniche e situazioni
    Il mio voto è un 8,5, ma ho assegnato un 9 per alzare la media.

Sono stupito negativamente dalla votazione degli utenti...il gioco non è un capolavoro, ma è un buon open world con diverse meccaniche e situazioni innovative...è da stupidi bocciare questo titolo solo perchè tecnicamente non è all'altezza delle aspettative.
    Non è un gioco da insufficienza...chi ha assegnato ciò, non è in buona fede.
    La città è curata e da la sensazione di essere "viva". Le missioni secondarie "Trip mentali" da soli varrebbero l'acquisto del gioco!
    Graficamente, su One, è appena al di sopra di un gioco per la vecchia generazione di console ma onestamente...chi se ne frega! il gameplay è più importante...così come il divertimento che offre il gioco...e questo gioco, presonalmente, mi sta divertendo!
    Se puntate al completamento di tutte le attività proposte dal gioco, la longevità è molto elevata...io dopo circa 10 ore di gioco sono solo al 9% di completamento totale! la storia principale durerà circa 15 ore...ma un open world va preso per cercare di fare più attività possibili!
    Io consiglio l'acquisto...è un buonissimo gioco.
  99. Jun 5, 2014
    I have been waiting for another good open world game for a while and this has ended that. The main missions are fun and different, the side missions are not repetitive and they are awesome! The investigations are interesting and really fun to complete. The online tasks are exciting and funny to do when your target runs around wildly trying to find you. The hacking is great and the chasesI have been waiting for another good open world game for a while and this has ended that. The main missions are fun and different, the side missions are not repetitive and they are awesome! The investigations are interesting and really fun to complete. The online tasks are exciting and funny to do when your target runs around wildly trying to find you. The hacking is great and the chases are great to see how you can stop your hunters. The stealth is surprisingly one of my favourite parts, I found it fun distracting my enemies then beating them with the batton. The Online free roam is amazing, no missions or tasks to do but with my 3 friends just messing around is so much fun and my favourite part. 10/10 Expand
  100. Jun 6, 2014
    PLEASE READ THIS HONEST REVIEW:.. I WAS A Sceptic at first for watch dogs...I thought here we go, just another sleeping dogs and saints row copy cat...What i found at first was kinda dull At the start.... Than 30 mins into it, I found this amazing gem...Watch dogs reminded me a bit of assasins creed,grand theft auto and splinter cell, in a way of you crouch behind stuff u can sneakPLEASE READ THIS HONEST REVIEW:.. I WAS A Sceptic at first for watch dogs...I thought here we go, just another sleeping dogs and saints row copy cat...What i found at first was kinda dull At the start.... Than 30 mins into it, I found this amazing gem...Watch dogs reminded me a bit of assasins creed,grand theft auto and splinter cell, in a way of you crouch behind stuff u can sneak ,shoot,steal cars,buy weapon and cars and hacking alone is awsome...You can hack peoples phones and stop crime...There is alot upgrades for weapons and bullet proof vests and hacking skills and way to much to list... I gotta be honest its worth a 10.... i been a gamer for years since the atari 2600 released...The graphix are awsome...my best bro owns a ps4 so he has a copy of this game also and sony fanboys claim better graphixs so we tried xbox one version and ps4 version and the difference was ps 4 version seemed little brighter and shading looked different but we both agreed that otherwise you can not tell....thats truth my gamerz...Buy This Game...give it time and you will love watch dogs.....Do Not Listen To the Idiots On Here Who Gave This A Bad Review They Are Trolls... Expand

1. Oct 21, 2014
    If you were expecting Watch Dogs to take the genre in new directions then you’re going to be sorely disappointed. With that being said, Watch Dogs is still an engaging and often times surprising action game.
  2. Jun 25, 2014
    With this introduction to the world of hacking Ubisoft have created a behemoth of an IP, one that promises much. Like its predecessor though, we’ll have to wait for the tighter and more focussed second iteration, removing what didn’t work and improving that which did, to realise that full potential.
    Consistently entertaining but lacking in originality, Watch Dogs boasts a hugely promising concept but finds itself coasting along on the triumphs of others. You won’t be disappointed, but you won’t be surprised either.