6.0

1. Jun 10, 2014
    I thought this game was GREAT, it is good to have feedback and see your silhouette so you can get an idea if you are doing it right without having to see yourself in a mirror... and having achievements to aim for makes it amazing, and lets you compare against your and others scores!
    This is all UNTIL you are working your butt off and the game says you are doing nothing. You can even see your silhouette working its butt off, but your not getting any points. That is when it sucks. It happens I estimate, for about 10% of the exercises.
    But if you don't care about achievements or getting ranked and just want some exercise vids, there are some great, and really intense ones!
    IMO, for this game to get a 10 from me, THE KINECT SENSOR NEEDS UPDATES. If it can tell when a person is winking surely it has the ability to at least roughly accurately see if you are moving in a similar way to the people on screen
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    I use this app daily and am grateful for the free workouts. Fit achievement hunters will be satisfied with the challenges.

My main gripes come with the Kinect sensor. Most of the workout scores are either verify generous or unrepresentative of my work. I exercise at a distance of about 8-10 feet from my Kinect, so I am playing within a reasonable distance. During a Cardio Kickboxing workout, my legs and punches are undoubtedly active, but the star ratings for those drills never seem to go above 2 or 3, and messages like "Work your arms!" display when you're practically punching them out of your sockets.

On other workouts, like Cardio Max, you can get away with walking back and forth and achieve a full five-star rating during certain drills. I believe the Kinect is working fine, as I can see myself and highlighted parts of my body during the most active moments, but I think the Programmers need to invest more in determining what makes movements right or wrong. You can follow the trainer to a T in some of these workouts and get nowhere in your score, or practically ignore them and ace the routine.

Another frustration is the maximum heart beats per minute statistic. At the end of workouts, you will often be shown your maximum BPM. Any normal meter on my wrist will accurately show me in the 150-160 range, but the Kinect will sometimes say "62" or something way off. Definitely not true, and not worth having if it can't share reasonable data.

But during these wintry months, it certainly is nice to have a free selection of content to exercise indoors, and for that I'm glad I downloaded the app!
  3. Feb 19, 2014
    This app has so much potential. I played once to see what it was all about and luckily chose the Mossa fight workout. Great fun despite nearly killing me and incentivised to do it again and check out the other workouts. I'm now regularly playing some three months later.
    The bad. Some of the workouts are poorly scripted so you dont know what you are supposed to do until you are supposed to be doing it. This can be frustrating trying to play catch up, until you have done them a couple of times. The menus and library are poorly laid out and lack of information about your previous performance is missing. You cant see where you need to improve. Also inconsistent UI elements - some workouts let you skip the intro and warning while others make you stand through them every time.
    The terrible. Kinect. While clearly very clever tech it or the xbox fitness software has some way to go. Sometimes it refuses to acknowledge my workout even though I can see myself doing the actions, other times you have to over exaggerate your moves to keep the score up. You find yourself criticised and congratulated during the same exercise while repeating the same actions. Most frustrating is kinect not tracking properly and ruining your workout score, which also lowers your hard earned average. Not so bad in the first or second round because you can start again, further on and you have to decide to keep your bad score or quit the workout in frustration.
  4. Jan 14, 2014
    The middling Xbox Fitness is a decent first step in getting gamers and media owners more active. However, the somewhat lacking variety of content will likely keep many from really digging into this would-be-excellent service. Also, the Kinect seems to track very well most of the time and sometimes not at all if the user is too far on the edge of the Kinects range or there's not enoughThe middling Xbox Fitness is a decent first step in getting gamers and media owners more active. However, the somewhat lacking variety of content will likely keep many from really digging into this would-be-excellent service. Also, the Kinect seems to track very well most of the time and sometimes not at all if the user is too far on the edge of the Kinects range or there's not enough lighting in the room. Nothing to get too hung up on since it does work a good majority of the time, but if you like to keep score you may not always get full credit for your legitimate efforts. If Microsoft can push more content for those early on in their exercise endeavors this service will be fantastic. But if all that it is going to offer is P90X and other higher intensity programs, perhaps Microsoft shouldn't have bothered. Expand

1. Jan 29, 2014
    A range of free workouts, respected trainers and the instant feedback from the Kinect makes this an impressive all-round fitness programme.
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    A fantastic app for anyone who wants get a bit more active.
  3. Dec 14, 2013
    It might not be perfect but this is probably the most underrated “next-gen” feature I’ve seen on the new consoles. Xbox Fitness succeeds in “gamifying” its workouts like no fitness game before it.