America's Army: Rise of a Soldier Xbox

• Release Date: Nov 17, 2005
7.4

1. BruinsFan247
    Jan 10, 2006
    Oh come on people, now granted the single player is pretty much not worth playing given what else is available in the genre. But this title offers one of the best online multiplayer experiences one the Xbox. I dont think the media that reviewed this title gave it enough time. I own a Xbox360 and this title is the only reason im still holding on to the old console, so once this becomes Oh come on people, now granted the single player is pretty much not worth playing given what else is available in the genre. But this title offers one of the best online multiplayer experiences one the Xbox. I dont think the media that reviewed this title gave it enough time. I own a Xbox360 and this title is the only reason im still holding on to the old console, so once this becomes backwards compatible my old Xbox is gone. If your not online then dont bother with this title, if you are online this at the least a MUST TRY! Expand
  2. Elijah
    May 3, 2006
    America's Army for x-box is not a bad game. It is close to being something great. But the flaws in this game simply destroy any chances for this game to have a lasting impact. Let's start with the positives. For one thing the upgrade system for your soldier is great there are a wide variety of options to spend points on and it will take awhile to get your soldier's stats to America's Army for x-box is not a bad game. It is close to being something great. But the flaws in this game simply destroy any chances for this game to have a lasting impact. Let's start with the positives. For one thing the upgrade system for your soldier is great there are a wide variety of options to spend points on and it will take awhile to get your soldier's stats to the top. The combat itself isn't bad and feels pretty realistic except for the idiotic lock on feature and red dot that appears over the enemies head. The aiming system is pretty cool and the weapons feel realistic. There are some decent missions packed into the campaign and it's worth playing through before heading online. America's Army is a great concept that has great potential for next-gen systems. But as i said before AA has some big problems. For starters the graphics are outdated big time. The game is bland and messy Enemy a.i. is pretty pitiful. There are numerous glitches such as the m203 not working. But still America's Army is worth checking out. It's one of the most realistic FPS's out there. Expand
  3. HenryG.
    Nov 16, 2005
    You have ultimate freedom in this game. Create your own career and the rest is up to you!! Situations are exciting and I can't stop playing.
  4. NateC.
    Dec 23, 2005
    This is the most dissapointing piece of crud I have ever wasted $50 on. The people's mouths don't move when they speak. they generally slide instead of walk, and if enlisted men and women were this stupid, we would be apart of the Third Reich!
  5. TonyC.
    Nov 1, 2006
    This game has THE most bugs ever conceded on a Xbox game! The people you fight in single player constantly follow the same routine every time you play! ALSO be prepared for at least 3 hours of prior training of which you can't skip before you get into any combat. I have given it a one because of the amount of fun I had at allowing the bugs to wind me up further. This game is not even This game has THE most bugs ever conceded on a Xbox game! The people you fight in single player constantly follow the same routine every time you play! ALSO be prepared for at least 3 hours of prior training of which you can't skip before you get into any combat. I have given it a one because of the amount of fun I had at allowing the bugs to wind me up further. This game is not even worth the money the case is enclosed in. Final note: if you have baught this game, keep your reciept as you wont want to keep the game for long. Expand
  6. StevieK
    Jan 13, 2006
    Too many bugs to enjoy. Inconsistent controls, animations and really surprisingly bad AI on both enemies and squadmates. Unable to save except at rare checkpoints and unable to load to checkpoint means you'll be doing the same things OVER and OVER and OVER again. Too bad because the gameplay and concept are quite enjoyable.
  7. DonJ.
    Nov 19, 2005
    good gameplay/ character development... not so pretty on the graphic side.
  8. VahidE.
    Nov 22, 2005
    next to call of duty and brother in arms, this is the best war game out right now. for sure.
  9. TheWho
    Nov 22, 2005
    Best game since Earned In Blood.
  10. ElliotT.
    Addictive as hell!
  11. DawnR.
    Nov 29, 2005
    I'm like the only girl in the world who plays video games, and this game is the shiznit. i like it better than brother in arms because when you die, you DIE, and same with all your partners. they don't just come back... it makes it really hard, but it makes it worth your time.
  12. ThomasG.
    Nov 22, 2005
    GET UP, SOLDIER!! No really, this game kicks ass. I'm already addicted..
  13. JoeyG.
    Nov 22, 2005
    This game is sick, period. Getter than Call of Duty 2, for real.
  14. ArnoldT.
    Nov 29, 2005
    the fact that the army made this game makes me really not like it.
  15. KennyM.
    Nov 29, 2005
    Not so good on the graphic side? TRIPPIN! The graphics on this mother is off the chain!
  16. TheArmy
    Nov 29, 2005
    Aside from it being an outstanding game, it's an absolutely outstanding game. Join.

#35 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. What would be more perfect to reach out to the youth with a video game? Except that it features dated visuals and ordinary gameplay features.
  2. Rise of a Soldier will not appeal to everyone, but if you enjoy realistic shooters and would like a look into the life of an American soldier it is definitely worth your time.
  3. As a recruitement tool first and foremost there was a lot of work put into the simulated gameplay that makes this a game not to be ignored. If you're looking for a realistic military experience this is the closest you're going to get to boot camp without leaving mommy's nest.