Arx Fatalis Xbox

8.2

1. Mar 25, 2012
    Excellent game, a worthy successor to ultima underworld by Looking Glass Studios. Intelligent and deep gameplay, fantastic level design, rich audio/music, the game doesnt hold your hand like modern games. Arkane have made an Immersive experience here, like few other games can.
    However just like any other game it has its flaws, but the Xbox version has less than the PC.
    10/10 for Xbox, 9/10
    10/10 for Xbox, 9/10 for PC. Better than Morrowind in some ways, and I feel very fortunate to have experienced it, thank you Arkane Studios and Looking Glass Studios.
  2. RobbieR
    Jan 2, 2010
    This is an awesome title; been gaming since 12 now 42 in 2010. I bought this game for xbox and pc without ever seeing them running on screen just by reviews alone and I am not dissappointed. I actually prefer the xbox version to the pc one...If you want something Morrowind(ish) this is your game. Don't delay get a copy soon, even if you hate it, it will hold it's price as rare This is an awesome title; been gaming since 12 now 42 in 2010. I bought this game for xbox and pc without ever seeing them running on screen just by reviews alone and I am not dissappointed. I actually prefer the xbox version to the pc one...If you want something Morrowind(ish) this is your game. Don't delay get a copy soon, even if you hate it, it will hold it's price as rare and collectible and you could easily sell it on. Expand
  3. MarkP.
    Jun 8, 2005
    Despite promising aspects like cooking, this came out to be an extremely boring morrowind wannabe.
  4. JamieX.
    Jul 21, 2004
    Hugely enjoyable game. Large world to explore, good story, lots of interesting puzzles. INteresting magic system using gestures. A little buggy but fine once patched.

1. The inventory control is needlessly fiddly, casting spells is more trouble than it's worth, and it's very easy to miss a hint and completely lose track of the plotline. Just like Morrowind, though, Arx's core quality stands above all the glaring issues, and it's hard to stop playing once you take up the quest.
  2. With its open-ended structure and unusual story line, Arx Fatalis is the polar opposite of traditional console RPGs, and that's why I like it so much.
  3. If "Morrowind," fantasy and claustrophobia are not your favourite things, then there really isn't a point.