8.3

1. KevinS.
    Jan 7, 2006
    While this game falls way short in comparison to my much beloved PC version, it is fun to play. Console FPS's are coming around. You miss the much more strategic gameplay of the PC, but you do have the ability to use different roles and work together with the headset system. Not a bad game if you feel like sitting on the couch running around shooting things.
  2. BobR.
    Oct 27, 2005
    And that's a vote for the official reviews. Who's right for goodness sake? 'Huge maps' says one, 'cramped maps' says another. 'Terrific vehicle control' or 'clunky vehicle control'? Who's right? What's the benchmark? Who do I listen to? If in the end I conclude I have to try before I buy, why do we have reviewers in the first And that's a vote for the official reviews. Who's right for goodness sake? 'Huge maps' says one, 'cramped maps' says another. 'Terrific vehicle control' or 'clunky vehicle control'? Who's right? What's the benchmark? Who do I listen to? If in the end I conclude I have to try before I buy, why do we have reviewers in the first place? Of course, what blows my mind may barely break a smile on the face of another, but when cash is short and I have to make a choice I could do with reviewers making their point of view CLEAR. For example, I reckon that Gamespot is reviewing the Xbox version in contrast to/comparison with the PC version. Or is it? Do they feel that the weapons are 'light' in comparison to the PC, or in comparison to the feel of guns generally in Xbox games? Goodness knows, because another reviewer reckons that they're meaty and powerful. Frustrating!!! Expand
  3. Cataclysm
    Oct 28, 2005
    The game is good, fun to play, looks decent enough, and the maps are huge. But, why does it freeze on me at least once a night? That drives me nuts. Microsoft should get on EA's asses and tell them to get the online gameplay cleaned up.
  4. EvilA.
    Oct 30, 2005
    When I first started playing this game, I would have given it a 10, but not now. I've played about 45 of the 200 single player missions and I've played multiple hours online as well. The single player is awesome....worth an 8.5 out of 10. The multiplayer was awesome at first...that was until I figured out how uneven the game can be. The helicopter takes skill to fly, so once you When I first started playing this game, I would have given it a 10, but not now. I've played about 45 of the 200 single player missions and I've played multiple hours online as well. The single player is awesome....worth an 8.5 out of 10. The multiplayer was awesome at first...that was until I figured out how uneven the game can be. The helicopter takes skill to fly, so once you master it you expect to be able to just take down tanks left and right...not the case. Anyone can be a sniper on the map, and the sniper has the ability to "laser target" helicopters and blow them out of the sky. So everytime I'm in a chopper I get shot down by a simple sniper. Also, snipers can shoot across the entire map, so as you're running you get shot out of nowhere, which can be quite angering. If you have ever played Halo 2 online and you're up against a team that has the sniper rifle and uses it well, then you'll understand how uneven this game feels. Expand
  5. JoeS.
    Nov 11, 2005
    Another hit an miss ea xbox game when will the pain end :( anyone else sick of ps2 ports to xbox ea wake up or dont bother making games for xbox ur xbox live support stinks why microsoft let u set ur own private servers away from xbl with ur own t&c is anyone guess mine is money money money money.... MONEY!
  6. GamerTag:BsFan247
    Oct 26, 2005
    Yep, EA strikes again. Takes another promising title and messes it up. The game play is fine, when it plays! This game was pushed back for about two years, thats not enough time to work out server bugs and connections issues?? I am officially done with EA.

Simply a phenomenal experience, online and off, that should be played by any FPS fan, or just action game fans in general.
  2. From its overpowered weapons and gormless AI to its pedestrian objecctives, the singleplayer game is as dumb as it is misguided – an embarrassment to the rather splendid mulitplayer game that, fortunately, represents all that's really important. [Dec 2005, p.101]
  3. The two different modes may play completely differently but they compliment each other far better than we'd anticipated. For that, EA should be commended. [Dec 2005, p.94]