Black Xbox

8.0

1. LewisB.
    Mar 7, 2006
    I just rented this game and it is SHORT. A decent rental, but not much else. I don't get the reviewer claiming the first 1 1/2 levels was 2 hours and only 2% of the game. My total time is 2 hours and I'm on mission 5 (of 8). The percentage isn't a % of story completed, its a % of little side objectives (You have maybe 3 main objectives in a level on normal, and like 15 I just rented this game and it is SHORT. A decent rental, but not much else. I don't get the reviewer claiming the first 1 1/2 levels was 2 hours and only 2% of the game. My total time is 2 hours and I'm on mission 5 (of 8). The percentage isn't a % of story completed, its a % of little side objectives (You have maybe 3 main objectives in a level on normal, and like 15 secondary ones, plus more if you're on a harder difficulty). It's just an average shooter at best. The environments aren't nearly as destructable as I'd like. I was hoping for a really intense version of Red Faction with fully descructable environments and what I got was a watered down version of Call of Duty. There are very limited things to blow up. The guns are what you'd find in any other game and limited in which ones are actually effective. And yes it does take a full clip (60 bullets) to kill most enemies. I liked F.E.A.R and FarCry where each enemy was a threat, but you could take them out realistically. The graphics, music and sound are very nice, though. One other thing, the story line is really lame and uses live (bad) actors and you can't skip these scenes! All I want to do is play the game and you have to sit there for ten minutes while these two hard arses talk it up. Don't care, don't care, don't care. If you want to play it RENT IT! Collapse
  2. JaredM.
    Apr 7, 2006
    The game really is not that great. 1 it has no multiplayer or Xbox Live, 2 storyline in the game kind of sucks. But over all if you are looking for a pure first person shooter, Black is one that you might consider.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2006
#2 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2006

1. AceGamez
    Its shortcomings are overwhelmed entirely by pure, unrelenting fun from beginning to end, with enough multiple routes on the levels to warrant at least a couple of plays through.
  2. It's worth playing for its grueling gunfights and beautiful, combustible environments; just don't expect anything earth-shattering.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Criterion's ability to make the technology and design of games seem harmonious is a significant strength in an industry where few can pull it off... Black is a fiery example of what can result. [Mar 2006, p.82]