Blinx: The Time Sweeper Xbox

8.1

1. May 24, 2015
    While glaringly flawed, BLiNX: The Time Sweeper is still a decent game with functional mechanics. The game looks great and the music is some of the best on the XBOX. The trial-&-error gameplay and odd difficulty spike may be an annoyance to some, but it is a mostly solid game and certainly the best platformer on the system. Fans of platformers will most likely enjoy this game, even if itWhile glaringly flawed, BLiNX: The Time Sweeper is still a decent game with functional mechanics. The game looks great and the music is some of the best on the XBOX. The trial-&-error gameplay and odd difficulty spike may be an annoyance to some, but it is a mostly solid game and certainly the best platformer on the system. Fans of platformers will most likely enjoy this game, even if it is nearly 13 years old. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the best game i have ever played as a kid, just because of its abstract game play style people down rate it and over look it. it is mostly in a an indie game like style but was made by an actual game company, but now its just abandon ware, but the game was incredible, the second one also had some negative reviews, because the final boss was a boss reused from another game, but when is that nothing, were different games use the same or similar enemies occasionally, but this game was my childhood! Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2010
    I really enjoyed the story and creativity of this quite original and untimely game. Due to the difficulty level (which cannot be changed) this video game takes quite a while to finish, and it does not have any cinematics between levels to fully keep you interested. The plot is overall a predictable one, but that doesn't make it any less a good one. The game opens in the Time Factory, whereI really enjoyed the story and creativity of this quite original and untimely game. Due to the difficulty level (which cannot be changed) this video game takes quite a while to finish, and it does not have any cinematics between levels to fully keep you interested. The plot is overall a predictable one, but that doesn't make it any less a good one. The game opens in the Time Factory, where they make and deliver time to different worlds/dimensions. Your character Blinx is a Time Sweeper and travels to different worlds to delete any glitches that may be occuring in time. The most common enemy are the time mosters, but the true villains are the Tom Tom Gang, the main antagonist. The Tom Toms steal the time in B1Q64 and cause a massive outbreak of time monsters while also kidnapping the princess. The variety in levels and these Blinx-only features of controlling time make it a very fun and unforgetable game. However, it's lack of multiplayer and other such content are it's downfall. Still, I recommend playing it for anyone who owns an Xbox. Expand
  4. AnthonyA.
    Mar 30, 2003
    The gane was dope but too short .
  5. BlueFalcon
    Feb 28, 2006
    It's shocking just how bad this turned out considering the neat concept and big hype from e3.
    Oct 4, 2002
    This game will be crazy.
  7. AdnyA.
    Oct 24, 2002
    FINALLY a NEW idea, and not just a cookie-cutter generic platformer that plays off the genius, creativity and fun of the Mario and Sonic series. I admit that those two set certain high standards. And thankfully Blinx lands right there with originality, beauty, and fun to play. As of late, i've been begging for a game with some cool challenges where i dont find myself breezing through FINALLY a NEW idea, and not just a cookie-cutter generic platformer that plays off the genius, creativity and fun of the Mario and Sonic series. I admit that those two set certain high standards. And thankfully Blinx lands right there with originality, beauty, and fun to play. As of late, i've been begging for a game with some cool challenges where i dont find myself breezing through the stages just to catch up with the ending credits! I'm A BIG FAN of this type of gameplay music too, not since the Sonic Series or Nights have music been so creative and fun. I'm pleased to have such a great platformer in my collection and proud to be playing a game that brings me back to the challenges of yesteryear. BRAVO! Expand
  8. Jonathan
    Feb 13, 2003
    This is worth your money if the rating could go higher i would rate it 3000.
  9. RobertJ.
    Jun 17, 2003
    Blinx is one tough cat. That is to say this is a very difficult game. One hit kills abound and the levels are all timed. It becomes far too easy to mess up and keep dying over and over- for less skilled gamers, interpret that to say 'RENT FIRST'. However I still liked Blinx. Naoto Oshima created the orange bugger, and interestingly he also designed Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact Blinx is one tough cat. That is to say this is a very difficult game. One hit kills abound and the levels are all timed. It becomes far too easy to mess up and keep dying over and over- for less skilled gamers, interpret that to say 'RENT FIRST'. However I still liked Blinx. Naoto Oshima created the orange bugger, and interestingly he also designed Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact the visual style throughout this game, from the design of menu's to the style of art throughout the game reminded me of classic Sega. The music was done by Wavemaster, which is also part of Sega, and the tunes kinda reminded me of the genesis era sonic tunes, except with meowing resonant filter sweeps from the lead synth. Heck, even the level design has a sega vibe to it. People can complain about this games difficulty, yet praise super mokey balls, and i don't get that... this game has a lot of interestingly designed levels, a great lead character, fun tunes, warped artistic direction. However what this game is not is a game like Jak and Daxter. Everything is timed and somewhat linear. The levels are all kind of small. But that plays in with the design approach... Perhaps Blinx is an anochronism, with no central hub, very little story etc., timed levels with one hit kills... But I still dig the game, what can I say? Expand
  10. PaulS.
    Oct 10, 2002
    Great game, totally different than others, time travel is awesome.
  11. GeorgeP.
    Jan 17, 2003
    This game is one of the best games I played for Xbox. The only thing it was to short for my but besides the I loved it!
  12. CodyS.
    Jul 26, 2003
    This game lacks in almost everything besides creativity. I had this "game" a few weeks before I traded it in at my local video game store. I give this game a 2, for...um..creativity. Also, the princess story has been used up since super mario RPG, which was a very nice game. I give super mario RPG a 7-10.
  13. ArmandilloD.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This game was bit of disappointment... it wasnt a total crap, bit i didnt enjoy playing it. Blinx had some great ideas, but those wasnt used as good as possible rating is something between 6 and 7.
  14. SoomMachine
    Nov 27, 2002
    Original, cool, challenging, what more can you want from a game? Not easy but very very addictive!
  15. Aug 8, 2017
    The game was alright...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  16. Jul 2, 2012
    I tried it years ago, found it to be frustrating and repetitive. The gameplay isn't really bad, but, since I was a kid back in 2002, it didn't take long before my interest ventured to other, more interesting games. I haven't tried it recently (or in just about a decade), but if I get the chance, maybe my opinion will change.
  17. Jul 16, 2016
    Blinx has an original plot with amazing gameplay! The controls is good and the mechanics are great. It is hard and short sometimes but there is replay value in this game and I'm glad for that. Blinx is awesome!
  18. May 20, 2017
    I remember playing this as a kid. I always liked all the different time-based powers, my favorites being Record and Pause. I replayed it last year and was reminded of the nice graphics, so-so music, and the game's biggest flaw, its trial-and-error level design. In one of the ice levels, for instance, you need a Rewind power to undo a falling bridge, but the game does not telegraph that.I remember playing this as a kid. I always liked all the different time-based powers, my favorites being Record and Pause. I replayed it last year and was reminded of the nice graphics, so-so music, and the game's biggest flaw, its trial-and-error level design. In one of the ice levels, for instance, you need a Rewind power to undo a falling bridge, but the game does not telegraph that. Sometimes, if you don't have the right power for the level, you will have to exit, go to another level, get the power, don't waste it, then return. It all takes time. Also, the camera can be pretty bad sometimes.

Keep those in mind if you are planning on playing this. I still found it fun, though it is very challenging. I don't know how I beat this when I was a little kid; that endgame boss rush was annoying.
  19. May 30, 2017
    A very underrated game from the original Xbox.

A very underrated game from the original Xbox.

The graphics are very good and I like how each world is different. The music is good and diverse for every level. I like the enemy designs. The sound effects are really cool. The gameplay is so fun just killing enemies by sucking up items and shooting them and collecting different crystals to create time power ups and affect the way you play. I love the concept. The difficulty increases on each world and it makes the game more challenging. I love the trial and error challenge. Finding gold is a must to buy upgrades and life and it is very easy to find gold. The controls are solid and takes a bit of time to get used to.

Overall, This is a must buy.

#9 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#8 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. GMR Magazine
    This green-eyed feline can control the flow of time, but puzzles designed around that concept are lacking. Great idea, flawed execution. [Feb 2003, p.95]
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Even seasoned gamers will have to replay Blinx's tougher levels dozens of times before succeeding... but replaying Blinx's levels more than a few times is just plain boring. [Winter 2002, p.90]
  3. If you’re close to a wall, Blinx regularly disappears, so you’re left waddling around in first person mode, completely unable to judge distance or aim properly or in fact play the game properly.