7.7

1. Nov 22, 2010
    I really enjoyed the story and creativity of this quite original and untimely game. Due to the difficulty level (which cannot be changed) this video game takes quite a while to finish, and it does not have any cinematics between levels to fully keep you interested. The plot is overall a predictable one, but that doesn't make it any less a good one. The game opens in the Time Factory, where they make and deliver time to different worlds/dimensions. Your character Blinx is a Time Sweeper and travels to different worlds to delete any glitches that may be occuring in time. The most common enemy are the time mosters, but the true villains are the Tom Tom Gang, the main antagonist. The Tom Toms steal the time in B1Q64 and cause a massive outbreak of time monsters while also kidnapping the princess. The variety in levels and these Blinx-only features of controlling time make it a very fun and unforgetable game. However, it's lack of multiplayer and other such content are it's downfall. Still, I recommend playing it for anyone who owns an Xbox. Expand
  2. Jul 2, 2012
    I tried it years ago, found it to be frustrating and repetitive. The gameplay isn't really bad, but, since I was a kid back in 2002, it didn't take long before my interest ventured to other, more interesting games. I haven't tried it recently (or in just about a decade), but if I get the chance, maybe my opinion will change.

1. This green-eyed feline can control the flow of time, but puzzles designed around that concept are lacking. Great idea, flawed execution. [Feb 2003, p.95]
  2. Even seasoned gamers will have to replay Blinx's tougher levels dozens of times before succeeding... but replaying Blinx's levels more than a few times is just plain boring. [Winter 2002, p.90]
  3. If you’re close to a wall, Blinx regularly disappears, so you’re left waddling around in first person mode, completely unable to judge distance or aim properly or in fact play the game properly.