Blinx: The Time Sweeper Xbox

8.1

1. Nov 22, 2010
    I really enjoyed the story and creativity of this quite original and untimely game. Due to the difficulty level (which cannot be changed) this video game takes quite a while to finish, and it does not have any cinematics between levels to fully keep you interested. The plot is overall a predictable one, but that doesn't make it any less a good one. The game opens in the Time Factory, whereI really enjoyed the story and creativity of this quite original and untimely game. Due to the difficulty level (which cannot be changed) this video game takes quite a while to finish, and it does not have any cinematics between levels to fully keep you interested. The plot is overall a predictable one, but that doesn't make it any less a good one. The game opens in the Time Factory, where they make and deliver time to different worlds/dimensions. Your character Blinx is a Time Sweeper and travels to different worlds to delete any glitches that may be occuring in time. The most common enemy are the time mosters, but the true villains are the Tom Tom Gang, the main antagonist. The Tom Toms steal the time in B1Q64 and cause a massive outbreak of time monsters while also kidnapping the princess. The variety in levels and these Blinx-only features of controlling time make it a very fun and unforgetable game. However, it's lack of multiplayer and other such content are it's downfall. Still, I recommend playing it for anyone who owns an Xbox. Expand
  2. RobertJ.
    Jun 17, 2003
    Blinx is one tough cat. That is to say this is a very difficult game. One hit kills abound and the levels are all timed. It becomes far too easy to mess up and keep dying over and over- for less skilled gamers, interpret that to say 'RENT FIRST'. However I still liked Blinx. Naoto Oshima created the orange bugger, and interestingly he also designed Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact Blinx is one tough cat. That is to say this is a very difficult game. One hit kills abound and the levels are all timed. It becomes far too easy to mess up and keep dying over and over- for less skilled gamers, interpret that to say 'RENT FIRST'. However I still liked Blinx. Naoto Oshima created the orange bugger, and interestingly he also designed Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact the visual style throughout this game, from the design of menu's to the style of art throughout the game reminded me of classic Sega. The music was done by Wavemaster, which is also part of Sega, and the tunes kinda reminded me of the genesis era sonic tunes, except with meowing resonant filter sweeps from the lead synth. Heck, even the level design has a sega vibe to it. People can complain about this games difficulty, yet praise super mokey balls, and i don't get that... this game has a lot of interestingly designed levels, a great lead character, fun tunes, warped artistic direction. However what this game is not is a game like Jak and Daxter. Everything is timed and somewhat linear. The levels are all kind of small. But that plays in with the design approach... Perhaps Blinx is an anochronism, with no central hub, very little story etc., timed levels with one hit kills... But I still dig the game, what can I say? Expand
  3. ArmandilloD.
    Sep 7, 2005
    This game was bit of disappointment... it wasnt a total crap, bit i didnt enjoy playing it. Blinx had some great ideas, but those wasnt used as good as possible rating is something between 6 and 7.
  4. Aug 8, 2017
    The game was alright...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  5. Jul 2, 2012
    I tried it years ago, found it to be frustrating and repetitive. The gameplay isn't really bad, but, since I was a kid back in 2002, it didn't take long before my interest ventured to other, more interesting games. I haven't tried it recently (or in just about a decade), but if I get the chance, maybe my opinion will change.

#9 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#8 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. GMR Magazine
    This green-eyed feline can control the flow of time, but puzzles designed around that concept are lacking. Great idea, flawed execution. [Feb 2003, p.95]
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Even seasoned gamers will have to replay Blinx's tougher levels dozens of times before succeeding... but replaying Blinx's levels more than a few times is just plain boring. [Winter 2002, p.90]
  3. If you’re close to a wall, Blinx regularly disappears, so you’re left waddling around in first person mode, completely unable to judge distance or aim properly or in fact play the game properly.