7.6

1. PaulT.
    Oct 20, 2005
    Game play is decent, but the shock value of the presentation quickly wears off. While I had fun with the quick scoring and the arcady new "clutch" feature, every thing else I had to put up with while playing it was just annoying. Cheerleaders bending over to show a bit of panty line? Funny, the first time. The 15th time you see it in the same game (seriously), not so funny. Decent rental at best.
  2. JohnH.
    Oct 19, 2005
    Truly revolutionary. This game is so much more fun than Madden. A huge surprise!
  3. NeilV.
    Oct 22, 2005
    I actually agree with most of the reviews on here to some extent. This game IS fun and fairly simple (more for an arcade football fan then a purist of course.....I am more of the latter). The presentation is cool, graphics and sound are well above average, but I can see where these attributes could get old. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, but definitely rent it first if you're I actually agree with most of the reviews on here to some extent. This game IS fun and fairly simple (more for an arcade football fan then a purist of course.....I am more of the latter). The presentation is cool, graphics and sound are well above average, but I can see where these attributes could get old. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, but definitely rent it first if you're not sure.... Expand
  4. Adam
    Jan 2, 2006
    There is a lot of tackling and a lot of cool tricks. it is fun alot to and a lot of blood. and it is really a better game than street
  5. KennethR.
    Oct 20, 2005
    Game is cool at first, but gets real old, real fast. the controls suck. when playing the computer its almost impossable to stop their drives. has good hits if you can get lucky enough to pull one off. I bought it yesterday and already want to trade it in. i love football games but i think they dropped the ball on this peice. Take it from me and just buy madden 06. i think a 4 is being nice.
  6. JohnW.
    Oct 21, 2005
    Fantastic concept!
  7. MikeL.
    Nov 17, 2005
    I have to say I'm disappointed with this game. This does not feel like a Blitz game. The story aspect, or whatever it is, is a nice addition, but the gameplay is totally different than old blitz games. What did they do to my beloved Blitz games? The controls are shoddy at best. If you REALLY want to try this game out, rent it.
  8. Ace
    Oct 16, 2005
    Innovative and creative.

1. While I'm sure true football fans aren't going to love it (better stick with EA), casual fans and players searching for a true, arcade-style sports game are really going to dig this one.
    The crass, lowbrow, and gloriously juvenile Blitz proves that you don't need those fancy NFL-licensed pants to make a quality f'ball sim... Never taking itself too seriously, this shallow Madden instead chooses to revel in the seedy, sex-drugs-rock-and-roll dark side of the pigskin. Which is the side we've always desperately wanted to revel in.
  3. It's a fun diversion from the standard fare, but you likely won't be throwing away your copy of "Madden 06" or "ESPN 2K5" any time soon.