Blitz: The League Xbox

1. MikeL.
    Nov 17, 2005
    I have to say I'm disappointed with this game. This does not feel like a Blitz game. The story aspect, or whatever it is, is a nice addition, but the gameplay is totally different than old blitz games. What did they do to my beloved Blitz games? The controls are shoddy at best. If you REALLY want to try this game out, rent it.
  2. PaulT.
    Oct 20, 2005
    Game play is decent, but the shock value of the presentation quickly wears off. While I had fun with the quick scoring and the arcady new "clutch" feature, every thing else I had to put up with while playing it was just annoying. Cheerleaders bending over to show a bit of panty line? Funny, the first time. The 15th time you see it in the same game (seriously), not so funny. Decent rental at best.

#73 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. While I'm sure true football fans aren't going to love it (better stick with EA), casual fans and players searching for a true, arcade-style sports game are really going to dig this one.
    The crass, lowbrow, and gloriously juvenile Blitz proves that you don't need those fancy NFL-licensed pants to make a quality f'ball sim... Never taking itself too seriously, this shallow Madden instead chooses to revel in the seedy, sex-drugs-rock-and-roll dark side of the pigskin. Which is the side we've always desperately wanted to revel in.
  3. It's a fun diversion from the standard fare, but you likely won't be throwing away your copy of "Madden 06" or "ESPN 2K5" any time soon.