7.9

1. NikQ.
    Jan 2, 2007
    I'm writing this reveiw a year into the xbox 360 generation, and I still think this game looks good. The only flaw of this adventure is it can sometimes be impossible if you have no medkits, but otherwise, I love playing as all the different commandos for different enemies.
  2. Scorpio8219
    May 20, 2003
    Great Shooter, good team play, Awsome graphics. Its CLOSE to Halo for 3rd person shooters.
  3. BryanJ.
    May 23, 2003
    I think he was saying "it's #1" but he's not so bright. The squad-based gameplay should be awesone, and the videos I've seen are sweet.
  4. M.Perez
    May 29, 2003
    Its not the 2nd coming of Halo, but on its own still a great game. The story is the only thing thats lacking on this great title and it does scream for Xbox live support. The gameplay is kill-kill and fun. The strategic gameplay is how you approach your mission, you can be stealthy or go guns blazing. The control scheme is also very smooth. Apparently IGN, gave this game an 8.1 but Its not the 2nd coming of Halo, but on its own still a great game. The story is the only thing thats lacking on this great title and it does scream for Xbox live support. The gameplay is kill-kill and fun. The strategic gameplay is how you approach your mission, you can be stealthy or go guns blazing. The control scheme is also very smooth. Apparently IGN, gave this game an 8.1 but remember those idiots gave wreckless a 9 which deserved no more than 5. Gamespot doesnt even count anymore because they get money from Sony, so every Xbox exclusive gets bad reviews. Expand
  5. SteveM.
    May 31, 2003
    Im outta words how good this game is. You could actually call this a sleeper hit, because i doub it that anyone thought this game would be this great !
  6. MatthewS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    While Halo is the undisputed king of first person shooters Brute Force may just be the best third person shooter ever. The main campaign starts you out playing as Tex or a robotic soldier for players 2-4 if you are playing co-op mode. As you play through the campaign you will unlock new squad members Brutus, Hawk and Flint and the players can take control of them. The co-op mode is the While Halo is the undisputed king of first person shooters Brute Force may just be the best third person shooter ever. The main campaign starts you out playing as Tex or a robotic soldier for players 2-4 if you are playing co-op mode. As you play through the campaign you will unlock new squad members Brutus, Hawk and Flint and the players can take control of them. The co-op mode is the game's best feature. You can play with as many as 4 players on co-op and use teamwork to complete the games many missions. Each squad mate has a special ability which makes them ideal for certain situations. For example Tex can carry one gun in each hand and Hawk can turn invisible. The only thing that kept Brute Force from getting a perfect 10 is it's lack of vs mode options. You can play with up to 8 players using system link but the only vs options are deathmatch and squad deathmatch. If you like shooters then Brute Force is a great game to get. However if you want the best get Halo. Expand
    May 17, 2003
    This is gonna be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. MatthewA.
    May 23, 2003
    Gonna be awesome..great strategy multiplayer with great graphics...I'll get it as soon as it comes out!
  9. PoloP.
    BEST XBOX GAME.
  10. MSKKeller
    May 28, 2003
    Looks great, played it, it is fun, and to people that make judgements about the game before they play it, well its kinda sad to score low a game like this.
  11. VladC.
    May 28, 2003
    This game is very fabulous.the graphic is very hot.
  12. JohnS.
    May 31, 2003
    The story isn't as involving as it should be, and the graphics are very good (instead of outstanding). Nevertheless, this is an innovative squad/shooter hybrid with surprisingly intuitive controls and some good replay value. The inclusion of bots would've made the multiplayer outstanding, but w/o them there is still a lot here to like. Now, I only hope that the future The story isn't as involving as it should be, and the graphics are very good (instead of outstanding). Nevertheless, this is an innovative squad/shooter hybrid with surprisingly intuitive controls and some good replay value. The inclusion of bots would've made the multiplayer outstanding, but w/o them there is still a lot here to like. Now, I only hope that the future downloadable content adds more scenarios other than deathmatch. I give it a solid 8.5 (but will slide it to 9 for this scale, since it gets a bonus for innovation). Expand
  13. THEBIGDON
    Jun 26, 2003
    Story - come as an afterthough, partciular canny and gay. NOt immersive and it doesnt have to be, since gameplay is great. Gameplay - Great - the real forte. Further, fluid controls like Halo and Splinter Cell, and essential for enjoyable multiplayer gaming Sounds - good , cant remember much on this one when 4 of ma pals are laughing and cussing whilst playing it. Graphics - good- Story - come as an afterthough, partciular canny and gay. NOt immersive and it doesnt have to be, since gameplay is great. Gameplay - Great - the real forte. Further, fluid controls like Halo and Splinter Cell, and essential for enjoyable multiplayer gaming Sounds - good , cant remember much on this one when 4 of ma pals are laughing and cussing whilst playing it. Graphics - good- excellent details as required for an a fast pace third person shooter action. Lighting and particle effect nice. Physics, umm well average on objects that r mundane, however character models are precise lastability - enough till halo 2 comes out. final though. bungie made this game to keep u guys occupied till release of the greatest game EVEERRRRRRRR >> Halo 2 - so dont try and compare it to Halo 2 - cos it aint gonna be as good as that or Halo. Bungie put a unique hint to it (squad based strategy) to create a niche and this combined with traditional shooter elements makes this game a top multiplayer. 9 Expand
  14. RonM.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Brute Force is more fun than Halo! Okay, I've said it -- let the flames begin for me speaking such heresy. ;-) DISCLAIMER: I'm only referring to the campaign aspects of both games. I like Halo a lot, but even with all of the hype about it, it took me a while to get hooked. It probably wasn't until the 3rd level in Halo that I actually looked forward to playing the game (to Brute Force is more fun than Halo! Okay, I've said it -- let the flames begin for me speaking such heresy. ;-) DISCLAIMER: I'm only referring to the campaign aspects of both games. I like Halo a lot, but even with all of the hype about it, it took me a while to get hooked. It probably wasn't until the 3rd level in Halo that I actually looked forward to playing the game (to the point of losing sleep and not playing anything else). However, after the first crappy tutorial level in Brute Force, I've been 100% hooked. I've dropped all of the other games I've been playing, and even have postponed getting Midtown Madness 3 (which I've been anxiously awaiting) so that I could dedicate all of my game time to Brute Force. I think Brute Force is great, for the same reason I think Full Spectrum Warrior looks like it will be great. I like being able to control a team of players, with different abilities, and use them to attack and clear an area. In fact, I think Brute Force will probably be more fun than FSW because FSW looks like it will be so realistic that it will be closer to Splinter Cell's emphasis on technique and stealth, and not a real shoot'em up like Halo and Brute Force. I mean really, how can anyone not love controlling Tex in bezerker mode and raising hell? What other Xbox game can I leverage the strengths of two players to reach an objective? For example, I had Flint on a overhead cliff with her sniper rifle and targeting "ability" on, while I had Brutus (who can use vengar to bring his life back up without using a med kit), go into a hostile area and draw out the bad guys while Flint picked them off (like taking candy from a baby). I'd let Brutus go off and regenerate and repeat. Once things got under control I let Hawk go in to the area with stealth on and check things out (in case Brutus and Flint were wrong) and take out whoever she saw with her powerblade (to be nice and quiet about it). I then got her out of there before her stealth ran out and let Tex go in (with bezerker mode on) to get to the objective and take out any unexpected guys that were hiding (which there were). I've repeated this sort of technique numerous times, and it is just kick ass fun! It also goes without saying that I get a huge grin on my face when I take Tex in with bezerker mode and I say "say hello to my little friends". Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the 3rd person perspective, but I've gotten over it. Yeah, I wish it had LIVE support (which Halo also lacks) too, but this game is just loads of fun. I also think that the graphics are much better than Halo (although Halo 2 will set a new standard). So there, I've said it. I love Brute Force and I'd give it a 9.0/10 (.5 deduction for no LIVE support, and .5 for no 16:9 support). It is too bad this game was so overhyped, because I think it would have faired much better if it hadn't been. If this game wasn't published by Microsoft AND if was only on PS2 AND if it hadn't been over-hyped, then all of these so called game critics would be declaring it the best game ever made. Collapse
  15. RonaldI.
    Sep 14, 2003
    People say Halo is the best game for Xbox, I would say is Brute Force you can do much more stuff than halo the only difference is that you cant get cars and space ships.
  16. Sumguyfrumtown
    Apr 22, 2003
    It's a strong shooter.
  17. JeffA.
    May 21, 2003
    For the kid who gave it a 1, jealousy will get you know where. Just because you can't afford it is no reason to score it low. This game WILL be as GOOD as HALO.
  18. Wmt
    Awesome.
  19. VanL.
    May 31, 2003
    I think this is one of the tightest games ever!!! It's action packed like Halo and it involves some tactics too!! Its great!!!
  20. EricE.
    Jul 29, 2003
    I think this game is amazing i rented it for the week and i couldn't stop playin it!!!
  21. Mar 10, 2014
    This a classic in my eyes. When I was maybe 10-11 years old, I played this game with friends to death. Logged probably 500+ hours on this beast and would play it again in a heartbeat. I really need to buy an original Xbox again, regret selling it a lot.

1. And with their waving grass and bubbling lava, Brute Force's graphics are even richer than its game-play possibilities. Those synthetics keep looking better and better.
  2. But perhaps the over-riding criticism of Brute Force is that it should have been an FPS. It seems like Digital Anvil designed it in the third person for the sake of it, without acknowledging that it completely screws up the opportunity to play it split screen, thanks to inherent third person viewpoint issues.
  3. We'd not recommend an outright purchase solely for the deathmatch, but the multiplayer campaign mode is brilliantly done.