8.1

1. Mar 10, 2014
    This a classic in my eyes. When I was maybe 10-11 years old, I played this game with friends to death. Logged probably 500+ hours on this beast and would play it again in a heartbeat. I really need to buy an original Xbox again, regret selling it a lot.
  2. Jan 10, 2014
    I finally got around to playing this, only about 10 years after its day. It seems like people completely forgot it existed now, and it's highly unlikely it'll get a sequel at this point. Because of this, you can find it very cheap, and I recommend picking it up if you're in the mood for a good budget game. It plays very similar to Halo except you can switch between different squad members. The story is a little corny and generic, and it doesn't look amazing by today's standards, but it does play in widescreen, and it controls as well as any game of this type. Expand

1. And with their waving grass and bubbling lava, Brute Force's graphics are even richer than its game-play possibilities. Those synthetics keep looking better and better.
  2. But perhaps the over-riding criticism of Brute Force is that it should have been an FPS. It seems like Digital Anvil designed it in the third person for the sake of it, without acknowledging that it completely screws up the opportunity to play it split screen, thanks to inherent third person viewpoint issues.
  3. We'd not recommend an outright purchase solely for the deathmatch, but the multiplayer campaign mode is brilliantly done.