6.8

1. Jul 30, 2012
    The gameplay is absolutely adorable. It is SO fast! The graphics are so great, and I loved it in 2004 and still love it in 2012! The game was great on both Xbox and PS2. Revenge was really good too but it wouldn't have existed without this one!
  2. Jan 11, 2013
    6.5 user score? You are kidding right? This game is hands down the BEST arcade racing game to ever grace a console! Risk = Reward Music score is perfect for this kind of game and seems to have been very well thought out. The game immediately grabs you and is hard to put down. It's exactly what an "arcade" style racing game should be.. FUN! The game isn't without flaws but most of them are very minor.

I tried to buy this game on XBLA (re buy) and unfortunately my save game slots became corrupt and are now unrecoverable and there's no support :(

So now I cannot even get the game to load up despite my best efforts so I'm stuck so I guess I'll have to look to playing it on my PC some how in order to relive the awesome.

Seriously though if you are looking for a fun no so serious racing game that is FAST and a lot of fun - this is it - I still haven't found anything to replace it.....
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    great, simple concepts executed perfectly, with little in the way of unnecessary additions. Race with an insane sense of speed to the finish, but not before your opponents crash into pieces, while your custom soundtrack plays in the background. Arcade racers dont get better than this
  4. Dec 27, 2013
    Best racing experince on the the oringal xbox.

This game is filled with tons of content. It has a classic racing mode, time trials, and crash mode which is my personal favorate). In crash mode you just crash your car and try to cause the most damage possible. In this game there are hundreds of unlockables to go for, The graphics for this game would be considered dencent in decnct
    2013. That is amzing considering it's nearly 10 years old. If you have a xbox or a ps2 this is a must buy. Expand
  5. Dec 30, 2013
    Best racer ever seriously just buy it. buy it now. So much destruction but i wonder if people in other cars die that would be sad but i like racing the car and there are a lot of variety in them
  6. Feb 2, 2014
    A beautifully made game. The takedown is flawlessly implemented with endless variations, addictive gameplay with controls that try to be the opposite of NFSU2 (and does it well), Tons and tons of different car choices, and crash mode, in which take out entire freeways of cars with only your own. It's hard to describe how fun this is, just play it yourself. 10/10

My jaw also hit the floor when I had my first crash. In many racers cars just get a ding or probably no scratches at all. In Burnout 3 your car comes out looking like one of those high school driver's education videos.
  2. This game does for the arcade racing genre what "Rallisport Challenge 2" does for the rally section. It's just that good.
    Perhaps one of the most enjoyable racing games we've ever been given the chance to play, mainly owing to the immense rush you get from the sheer velocity of game play.