Burnout Revenge Xbox

8.4

1. PimpPlayer
    Oct 1, 2005
    Graphics:10 Gameplay:10 Cars:10 Without a doubt this is the best Burnout game in the series.This game is so amazing crashing your rivals in a race and going fast at the same time is there anything better than this. This is the BEST racing game of the year. but the only complaint i have about this game is that my eyes hurts because of the long time i w atching the screen while i playing Graphics:10 Gameplay:10 Cars:10 Without a doubt this is the best Burnout game in the series.This game is so amazing crashing your rivals in a race and going fast at the same time is there anything better than this. This is the BEST racing game of the year. but the only complaint i have about this game is that my eyes hurts because of the long time i w atching the screen while i playing this game. Expand
  2. PhillipJ.
    Oct 12, 2005
    Excellent game play. Feel the speed and the rush. Easy to learn and play for the new, much improved for the experienced player. Excellent soundtrack.
  3. Greg
    Sep 20, 2005
    Just like Burnout 3, this game is amazing. Re-defines the arcade racer genre and adds elements that make the game even better. I'm a huge Burnout 3 fan and I would take Burnout Revenge over Burnout 3 anyday. 9.8/10 would be my real score, cannot wait for the 360 version!
  4. BobR.
    Sep 26, 2005
    First of all, why are so many people hammering this because it isn't Burnout 3? You HAVE Burnout 3, so what's the issue?? This is a different kind of Burnout and, in my opinion, better than the previous. Yes, traffic checking has removed the weaving of same way traffic but anyone who thinks that this means you can win everytime just by plowing thorugh hasn't played the game First of all, why are so many people hammering this because it isn't Burnout 3? You HAVE Burnout 3, so what's the issue?? This is a different kind of Burnout and, in my opinion, better than the previous. Yes, traffic checking has removed the weaving of same way traffic but anyone who thinks that this means you can win everytime just by plowing thorugh hasn't played the game enough because it just isn't true. First of all, you can't hit everything. Sameway small and medium traffic, yes, but different way traffic and larger same way traffic, no. And my favourite moments of weaving was always going head to head on the wrong side of the track to earn boost, which is still there in all its glory. The track design also throws a lot more danger of environment hits in to balance the traffic checking. AND if you check traffic you slow down, and with the evil AI at later stages that can makie the difference between win or lose, so you still weave through same way traffic as best you can. Burnout Revenge has stellar graphics (and whooooooooooooooooo cares about sparks for goodness sake? They're good enough.), spectacular speed, awesome trackdesign with some mind blowing jumps and the most agressive racer-on-racer gameplay yet. At the end of the day, if you loved Burnout 3 YOU'VE STILL GOT IT. This is something DIFFERENT - stop whining and go play B3. Expand
  5. LionelS
    Sep 29, 2005
    This is The BEST racing game ever period.
  6. ApocalypseBrown
    Sep 30, 2005
    While the muppets crowed about burnout 3:Takedown i was impressed until the repetition kicked in! After that it was just an above average game. This game, however is road rage bliss! The new editions like side streets, plowing through traffic the same size as you and the improved crash modes makes this not only last longer, but squeezes every last drop of fun out of the single and multi While the muppets crowed about burnout 3:Takedown i was impressed until the repetition kicked in! After that it was just an above average game. This game, however is road rage bliss! The new editions like side streets, plowing through traffic the same size as you and the improved crash modes makes this not only last longer, but squeezes every last drop of fun out of the single and multi player games. Ok 'wacking' traffic out of the way seemed silly at first, but it becomes more of a hazard as you can still crash into oncoming traffic or get some flying cars landing on you. Online still shocking but playable. Althrough the same die-hards who loved bo 2 and slated bo3 will remain in this case, the open minded will love this game. Revenge anyone? Expand
  7. TrezoL.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Absolute favorite game to me. I am not a racing fan at all, but this game took me by storm. It has a good style of racing, but also an action packed line to.
  8. RandyM.
    Aug 7, 2006
    Burnout Revenge is, indeed, the most destructive, flat out fun racer I have had the honor to play. The sense of speed is amazing and the slo-mo replays never get old. A hearty recommendation to any gamer.
  9. RicheP.
    Oct 18, 2005
    It's the racing game for people who hate racing games.
  10. SteveS.
    Oct 5, 2005
    I have to take one from the perfect 10 that I would so dearly have loved to give this game. The graphics are better, the music is still good and it is downright fun. However, the one thing I have noticed since Burnout 2, is that there is progressively less need for skill in the Burnout games. In 2, you used to have to drive accurately to be awarded boost, which meant your skilla as a I have to take one from the perfect 10 that I would so dearly have loved to give this game. The graphics are better, the music is still good and it is downright fun. However, the one thing I have noticed since Burnout 2, is that there is progressively less need for skill in the Burnout games. In 2, you used to have to drive accurately to be awarded boost, which meant your skilla as a driver were pretty much honed. In 3, the takedowns were a welcome addition, whilst still needing the skill to avoid traffic at high speeds. In Revenge, however, as long as you stay on the side of the road with traffic going the same way as you, you can usually finish a level by holding down boost and ramming everything out of the way. Now don't get me wrong - it's still one of the most fun racing games I have EVER played, but it is starting to get to the point where you don't really need any skill or practice to get good at the game. I much preferred having to work for boost, as opposed to piling into a heap of traffic with my indestructible car and effectively being awarded for bad driving!! This said, play this game, you won't be disappointed. Just make sure you've played it's predecessors as well. 2 and 3 more than deserve your attention, as they are all pretty different beasts! Expand
  11. JohnL.
    Sep 15, 2005
    What can you say about perfection?? this game comes pretty close!!!! Revenge takes everything I loved about Burnout 3 and made it better....Go out and buy this one fellas ...I passed up sex with my girlfriend to get more playtime with this...im sleeping on the floor but its well worth it!!!
  12. QuickSilver
    Sep 16, 2005
    Steering wheel works perfectly (no setup required) and makes the game so much nicer. Great fast action with smooth controls. Soundtrack like most game soundtracks needs to be turned off. Checking (crashing) thru rushhour gridlock is sweet - cars and explosions eyecandy everywhere.
  13. PeteD.
    Sep 18, 2005
    Don't know what Dav H means by "no single player", I dont think he's playing the same game as me. This game is amazing, the visual are great, the sound effects are wicked, and the game just oozes action non-stop. It's great fun - and that's in single player, two player and online modes.
  14. StuartP.
    Apr 27, 2007
    Very fast game, gives you a adrenaline rush, great game with very cool music.
  15. LuiggiR.
    Sep 22, 2005
    Great game period. the traffic checking is actually pretty fun. I'm glad they added that.The only thing I hated about burnout 3 was that if i accidently touched traffic my car would explode. I mean you still explode if you hit a car head on. in the excellent game.

#19 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. games(TM)
    By far the biggest step up lies in the course design, offering dozens of alternative routes and short-cuts on each map and making far more use of vertical travel than Burnout ever did. [Nov 2005, p.90]
  2. AceGamez
    Revenge isn't a huge leap forward for the series compared to the evolution between "Point of Impact" and "Takedown," but it is definitely an evolution for the franchise and once you play it you'll have a hard time going back to the old track designs.
  3. The Burnout franchise continues to impress, with this 4th installment featuring a deeper world tour mode, even snazzier visuals and online play.