7.7

1. Aug 10, 2012
    This game is UNPLAYABLE! I couldn't play for more than 30 minutes. Ok, there is no cover system. That wouldn't be a problem if they didn't stick you with AI as thick as bricks. Also, you can't let your partners die, and they just stand in the open shooting blindly, wondering why they've suddenly grown chest vaginas. This also wouldn't be a problem, if it didn't take a med kit to get them back up, so you will run out very quickly, and when you do, you might as well commit suicide because you're screwed. This game didn't even get the dignity of getting used as a frisby until it shattered. I just broke it into as many pieces as I could before throwing it and the box into the dust bin. Trust me, it's better in there than it is in any XBox. I'm sure the online is ok, but a game has to stand up on single player, because there are always factors in the way of multiplayer, like the cost of Live for one, and connection strength. Expand

1. Global Storm feels like the true heir to the Conflict: Desert Storm games in more than just surname, and remains a worthy war effort, despite there being other games that may do it grander or deeper. [Nov 2005, p.102]
  2. Conflict: Global Storm is such an improvement over the debacle that was Vietnam that it's amazing to think they came from the same developer. [Nov 2005, p.118]
  3. Until Pivotal finally delivers a game where the enemies don't run at you like angry suicidal goats, and teaches your squad-mates to find proper cover it's never going to be worth more than the 6/10 score we slap on it every single year.