Conker: Live & Reloaded Xbox

8.3

Jun 25, 2005
    Overrated. Annoying controls, boring levels, but at least it's over quickly. Also, the shooting bits take no skills whatsoever, since you can shoot someone in the face, and still need as many shots to kill him as if you shot him in the foot.
  2. JamesR.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Poor controls, weak platforming gameplay, and a bad camera ruin this attempt at a "mature" platformer. It was the same way back then to. You'd think they'd fix it... but no. I have no idea how this game consistently gets good reviews. Maybe it simply did due to word of mouth that it was good, so people who haven't truly played through the whole game just slap on a 9 or 10 Poor controls, weak platforming gameplay, and a bad camera ruin this attempt at a "mature" platformer. It was the same way back then to. You'd think they'd fix it... but no. I have no idea how this game consistently gets good reviews. Maybe it simply did due to word of mouth that it was good, so people who haven't truly played through the whole game just slap on a 9 or 10 rating and join the mindless crowd. If you enjoy this game more power to you, but honestly for anyone looking for an honest review needs to look at the 5's and 6's given out. Collapse
  3. WilliamT.
    Nov 24, 2007
    A good game. Regenerates an old school platformer with new graphics, and a frantic, fast and fun multiplayer mode. Not brilliant, but fun.
  4. BinaryStar
    Jul 23, 2005
    The sloppy controls and camera angles make this the most annoying game I've played in a while. It would be very fun if it were properly play-tested. Another issue is that I feel I'm mostly through the game and I have absolutely no idea what the story is about.
  5. Feb 27, 2011
    I don't see why the trolls on here that talk about it being rated M are even on here. It's a pretty good port. I didn't like the controls all too well, and i hated the censors on it. I can't believe it can be taken from a family console with low censorship and ported on a console with a mature audience with MORE censorship. I'm sad that RARE was bought by Microsoft. They were changed fromI don't see why the trolls on here that talk about it being rated M are even on here. It's a pretty good port. I didn't like the controls all too well, and i hated the censors on it. I can't believe it can be taken from a family console with low censorship and ported on a console with a mature audience with MORE censorship. I'm sad that RARE was bought by Microsoft. They were changed from a company that produced ground-breaking games year after year to a company that is enslaved to make horrible party games. Such a shame. Expand

#15 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#7 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

1. AceGamez
    The multiplayer side of Conker: Live & Reloaded has really impressed me. I didn't think that I could have been taken in with this type of third person action, but I'm hooked and addicted, just like I am to the single player.
    Rating such a schizophrenic beast is tough. But one thing's for sure: If you're in the mood for a retro-styled, light-hearted platform game, you'll love Conker. Equally, if you're looking for high-adrenaline Xbox Live thrills, it'll be right up your street.
  3. Edge Magazine
    As a complete game package Conker: Live & Reloaded is tremendously good value. Significantly, it also shows a company finally back on form. [Aug 2005, p.93]